Why does Disney hate crossing over their properties? I remember hearing about this from Kingdom Hearts...

Why does Disney hate crossing over their properties? I remember hearing about this from Kingdom Hearts, but apparently it even extends to television shows and theme parks. Apparently, you can't have Disney characters that aren't "neutral" (Mickey and Co.) crossover with other properties unless it's on neutral territory. (To go back to KH as an example, all of the villain scenes were in Hollow Bastion in KH1. Similarly, the princesses also only interacted there.)

My question is why? Why limit the stories you can tell like that? It feels needlessly restrictive.

Attached: Hercules_and_Aladdin.jpg (250x188, 10K)

As a small mention, apparently getting a Hercules and Aladdin crossover episode took a lot of arguing with Disney.

I still say that Hercules could have fine after the collapsing building and wring Aladdin’s neck

>To go back to KH as an example, all of the villain scenes were in Hollow Bastion in KH1

Attached: villains.png (930x504, 694K)

I mentioned neutral characters. Though, for some reason, this seemed to include Maleficent despite her being from Sleeping Beauty. Jafar is on his home world, at least.

>what is ralph breaks the internet
>what is house of mouse

it's probably to avoid brand dilution for the individual trademarks

was any of it about how the timelines don't line up?

I haven't seen WiR2, admittedly, and can't comment on how they're used there, but House of Mouse is considered neutral territory. It's just a Mickey Mouse club, so they're fine with that.

Phinas and Ferb had a marvel crossover

In WIR2 they were on the Disney website, which again, is also neutral territory.

i always thought it was because each movie takes place in different eras, locations, and some characters are based off of real people that it wouldn't make sense for crossovers.

i ship it

Mechanicles exists, so obviously Greece exists so he can call himself "greatest of the great Greek geniuses".

I thought he was the "last" of the great greek geniuses.

Didn't it also have a Star wars crossover?

A few background characters from Gravity Falls were stuck into the Mina Loveberry episode of Star Vs.

This was pretty rushed and would've made a great two parter with an episode on each show.

The Lilo and Stich show had crossovers with the Proud Family, Kim Possible, Recess, and The American Dragon.

Attached: DC9A9EF9-3357-4AB1-B86B-A14C8D2D5921.png (534x399, 389K)

And they really had to push for Recess, because it had been cancelled for years.

Did they fuck?

In the case of kingdom hearts I'm sure they felt that was some kind of world building to the Disney universe

Except Aladdin's show had long since ended by the time Hercules got his.

Lilo & Stitch was Disney trying to ride the Pokemon train.

Wait, what kind of school takes kids on a field trip to Hawaii?

Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a series of books where the villains from one of the park rides came to life and a group of teens had to fight them.

I would watch the shit of another House of Mouse if it meant more interactions.

Do they mistake Jake Long for an experiment?

No that was Rufus

Quick post the meme where they used that hentai where White Skinned Aladdin is getting his dick sucked by Hercules

Attached: alladin-beginning-of-the-movie-he-was-poor-end-of-the-movie-he-was-white.jpg (735x460, 77K)

Does anyone remember that fucking episode of Aladdin where their heads come off and float around? All I remember is that it felt weirdly sexual. It felt like some weird fetish or some shit.

Attached: 1543407229051.png (441x603, 1.02M)

>that one episode where Jasmin transformed into naga

thank God im not the only one

Jafar and Maleficent are a hell of a power couple so much so that in villain get together like House of Mouse they seem to get paired almost immediately. I really dig it honestly.

I think there is some actual weird internal politics.
Disney Infinity also had strict rules that say you can’t play a story campaign with characters that don’t belong in that universe