Idris Elba is Deadshot in Suicide Squad 2

variety.com/2019/film/news/idris-elba-will-smith-deadshot-suicide-squad-sequel-1203154025/
Idris Elba is Deadshot in Suicide Squad 2
This seems like a meme but alright

Attached: 178333_v9_bc.jpg (1080x1440, 310K)

Better than Will Smith.

I'm OK with this.

WIth Heimdall’s sight, he’s probably a better shot

Well that sucks. Was hoping he would be Steel or Green Lantern.

That's fucking awesome now greenlight that Deadshot movie

>Steel
Seems like a role that MBJ would like to be.

I can see that working a lot better. He can be more of a dickhead and is a very talented actor.

Another piece of coal in the hype train furnace. Just a shame the Harley Handbrake will forever be on.

Suicide Squad is literally a Deadshot movie with him at the helm. Why would you want that?

>Steel
What's Omar Epps up to nowadays?

>Green Lantern.
Just give the role to Tyrese. Nigga wanted that role more than anybody.

>We might actually get our washed up former crime lord with a death wish

Attached: Joker is excited.gif (500x375, 1.08M)

Why not just cast him as Bronze Tiger?

Then Harley bonks him on the head with a rubber mallet. The final scene is him learning how to laugh again thanks to the miraculous Harley Quinn.

There's no point having any expectations for this film.

If GLC is going to feature Hal as a mentor type character like all the reports suggest, Tyrese is way too fuckin old to be John. An up-and-comer like Lakeith Stanfield would be better, or maybe even Michael B. Jordan since he already locked himself out of future MCU appearances.

>annoyed at another low-effort meme from Yea Forums
>it's real

Attached: 1551914170240.png (277x420, 169K)

Because it's what Idris deserves

It's probably why he's even in talks right now

Isn't he also The Gunslinger? This man seems a bit overpowered.

I’d rather they replace Deadshot with Deathstroke.

Because they put themselves in a corner casting Will Smith. They'd have to either commit to Deadshot being black or remove Deadshot from the story.

Would've been nice but everything and everyone Justice League related aside from Davis, Robbie, Momoa, and Gadot are gone

And I have a feeling those 4 aren't too far behind

Imagine how much better DC would be if they offloaded Margot into her own Harley verse that they didn't have to waste any good concepts on.

Good, he's actually a real actor. Will Smith has never been good.

Deathstroke would be a better grounded antagonist. He's not a team player, even if he does have a bomb planted in his cervical.
Not just that, they put themselves in a corner where they have a cast a black actor that can fill Will Smith's shoes. They had to cast an equally famous black actor or better. There's like what, 3 big named ones that could fit the role?
He's too old for Bronze Tiger. At least with Deadshot they can make seamless transitions to stunt doubles with the mask.

Coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Attached: omarepps.jpg (1140x797, 89K)

Bronze Tiger's supposed to be as old as Batman, though.

That's will.i.am

Like Birds of Prey?

>, or maybe even Michael B. Jordan since he already locked himself out of future MCU appearances.

You might get yourself a job at Warner thinking like that, thats the sort of hire they love right now.

>Bronze Tiger's supposed to be as old as Batman
Not much of a priority anymore when they're scrapping the aged Batman concept which is a shame.

The thing is, Suicide Squad lends itself so well to a rotating cast.

Well batman is in his late 20s now so...

I'm so tired of Elba.

She's also going to be in SS2 and is going to be major enough to Batman that she'll likely appear if they ever make another Batman film.

The new Batman movie takes place in the past, but who knows. They can always make excuses by revealing that Wonder Woman made a deal with the gods to rejuvenate Batman or something.

I still call bullshit the rumor that she's fucking Bruce Wayne in BoP.

Tell me about it. With Batfleck there was the chance for a Nightwing and Batgirl movie and Cassandra Cain could have actually been Cassandra Cain. But no there's no chance of either movie and Cassie is just a normal young girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time

>The new Batman movie takes place in the past
That was a long time ago it's probably present day now that they don't have to deal with Affleck

It's still in the past, user. Reeves talked about recently.

I do too. I think it's more a reference to Bruce Timm since there's an Officer Dini in the movie.

neat, Idris is always money

Attached: That's Impressive.webm (500x209, 135K)

They've said it's a just starting out Batman played by a younger guy. Since there's no shared universe there's no reason for it to be in the past.

There's still very much a shared universe, though.

>if they ever make another Batman film.
Already slated for 2021

People really love Michael B Jordan. If they want to make a new Green Lantern that wont bomb then hire him as John Stewart

They literally said that there is a shared universe.

It is a shared universe. They just aren't doing crossovers right now. 3 of the upcoming movies are direct sequels

and it comes out before Suicide Squad. We should be getting Batman casting news in the new few months.

they said they would be "light" on the shared universe. No one said there wouldn't be at all. They're just not going to make movies be platforms for other movies like Marvel has done.

We got the shortlist this morning

Attached: D0_Gv27XcAAtFBv.jpg (2048x1152, 280K)

fpbp

>Michael B. Jordan

Isn't Killmonger confirmed for the sequel in flashbacks/the afterlife?

>suicide squad
>a series based on having a rotating cast of expendable villains
>recasting a character whose story was wrapped up in the first movie

Literally why

Terrible chins everywhere and some of them are manlets.

Damn, this. It would've been fucking great to have him as John. Although MBJ as a younger John would be great too.

I don't get it. Idris Elba looks and acts nothing like Will Smith. Will Smith's Deadshot was Will Smith playing Will Smith, like he does in every movie. Deadshot's storyline basically got resolved in the last film.

Why don't they just cast Idris as a different DC villain???

I've always said that Yea Forums would make better DC movies than WB could at this rate.

I hope they bring Klaue back too. Fucking please.

Yew Mean ta Tewl Me, wea sum souta Seuisoide Skward?

the guy at top left is not a manlet.

ten years off of a sentence and a conjugal visit is not a "wrapped up" story

>Idris Elba looks and acts nothing like Will Smith.
and that's a good thing.

So's Robert Downey, Jr. but that hasn't stopped him.

So who's replacing him and why is it Mackie?

Attached: Screenshot_20190306-200903_Chrome.jpg (1080x1344, 463K)