How does Yea Forums feel about him?

How does Yea Forums feel about him?

Attached: Rick_Sanchez.png (848x1080, 693K)

I don't care about him

Both he and his series are shit.

He can be funny at times but other times feel like a mouthpiece for the creators or writers. Reminds me too much of Seth Macfaglane shit

A interesting character in the first season turned into epic reddit funny man in s2-3

I think he's fine and the series is good for a laugh. He triggers the unholy fuck out of nu/co/ nice guys though. To a ridiculous maximum oversperg degree.

I started watching a few episodes recently and it seems decently entertaining. The fanbase is really weird, though. I remember seeing something like "Rick Sanchez is the reason I'm an atheist" or some shit and this is the same character who literally begged God for mercy when he was about to die.

Season 1&2 were good, season 3 was shit.

Attached: Rick.png (1025x681, 244K)

Attached: randomnumbers.jpg (1402x736, 230K)

Would've been universally acclaimed and considered an instant classic had it aired during a time where internet was not as ubiquitous

Austrailian Rick > Season 1 Rick >>>>>> Season 2 Rick >>>>>>>>>> Season 3 Rick

I prefer Rick as a crazy old guy who just enjoys a cool tinny and fucking with his grandson.

Attached: 1522978772573.png (800x1068, 397K)

>I prefer Rick as a crazy old guy who just enjoys a cool tinny and fucking with his grandson.

Good taste.

I feel like he's a renegade force that must be taken down for the greater good of the multiverse.

Attached: tammy-rick-and-morty-10.4.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Literally me

This, he's Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

This
Season one was ocationally dark with a funny carefree episode following it
Season two fetishised the dark elements way too much but it was still good
Season three tribalized them its as impacting now as seeing violence in family guy

>and this is the same character who literally begged God for mercy when he was about to die.
Two times at that.

That's good writing, though. It's good to see instances where Rick's edgelord nihilism shows cracks. Misguided and immature Rick fans misinterpret his character and view him as an antihero Gary Stu. In season 1 that's all it was: people missing the point. No problem with that. The problem is when the writers started slowly making Rick more and more into what the dipshit fans viewed him as. They made Rick obnoxious, and then said "That's the point"

I'm not saying it's bad writing. I'm saying holding him up as an atheist icon when he begs to God when the chips are down is dumb.

He's highly venerated as well written despise 90% of his dialogue being a funny man doing improve with himself

In the miniverse episode Rick says "My god is the biggest asshole who DOESN'T exist!"

So Rick's view on God is kinda eschewed. Maybe he's in a universe where belief in something makes something real so he chooses not to believe

Attached: lea.png (528x296, 7K)

Season 3 ruined him. Thankfully the finale knocked him down a few pegs, hope it sticks.

I prefer Aussie Rick.
Chuck this murican cunt in the ute, mate.

He was funny when he was drunk and unpredictable, using drunk logic for the situations.

When reddit got their claws into him and the writers started self-inserting into him he just became generic smartass, like Brian or Lisa.

After that shit from the end of S2 and the beginning of S3, this isn't gonna fucking stick either.

So 4 episodes into the series?

God, her done with this shit ice cold soldier routine makes me diamonds.

They said "like season one but streamlined". Hope they stick to that.

>"My god is the biggest asshole who DOESN'T exist!"
Just makes him sound in denial. Then again, it would explain why he brings up his "non-belief" several times without anyone asking; as if he's trying to convince himself that he doesn't believe.

Pretentious, hypocritical godmode sue

Yeah, my wording was shit and way too combative
I'm worried you're right. The writers seem to think that letting down the fans is funny. It definitely can be, since comedy is built around expectations, but eventually it's just turned into "Haha you expected to have fun, you dumbass". My biggest fear is that the evil Morty arc gets revolved in a single scene.

I can actually imagine it. Morty would be separated from Rick, then evil Morty would reveal himself. Evil Morty would start going into a speech about his motivations or something, but then he gets abruptly shot and killed unceremoniously by Rick. Rick makes some one liner about how villains are too talkative or something, and then that's it

He's a pretentious mary sue who I happen to still think is funny as shit

Ironically, the cooler they tried to make him the lamer he actually got.

They also try to justify his shitty behavior way too much.Like they try to paint him as chaotic Neutral who does shitty things "but he cares about his family so he ain't that bad" but in truth he's just straight up evil (which isn't a bad thing but again, they try really hard to justify his shit).

In short: He's Dan's self-insert and it shows.

i liked him in the pilot episode. He was just a rambly mad scientist and was wacky like an actual cartoon character. Now they really push how he's essentially a god and can do literally anything (except when he can't because it's not convinient for the plot) and now acts like a douche for the sake of it, rather than because he's just zany and absent minded (pic related). Basically he transformed from a Justin Roiland character to a Dan Harmon character.

Attached: hse7oy71hfpy.png (854x960, 978K)

When Boco is actually right, you know things went to shit.

Season one Rick is just smart Kramer

>Seinfeld, but Rick is in it

I'd watch it.

You’re not evil you’re just smart

A good show completely overridden by faggots.

Remember, Tammy literally did nothing wrong. She was a cop apprehending criminals

He's fucking epic and literally me, love it just a chemical PICKLE RICK

Is the first season kosher on Yea Forums or is it not?

Holy fuck that is accurate user

Boring
O
R
I
N
G

I like the show, a lot of sharp and snappy dialogue that I just don't hear from other cartoons. To paraphrase from the Vindicators 3 episode...

>"We'll discuss what to do with the two of you later."
>"The TWO of us? I hope you're happy with yourself, Rick!"
>"Uh, I kinda am? I saved the goddamn universe."
>"That's not the issue, Rick."
>"Well, it WOULD be if it weren't for me."

And the time rip episode was the best approach to the concept of time in a cartoon I've ever seen. It skirts the traditional travel through/back in time for a dizzying sequence of frames that are all influencing each other at once, it was cool.

I like him in most of season 1 where he's a drunk crazy scientist getting Morty into dangerous situations.

I fucking hate when he becomes a "party grandpa", one of the worst character tropes of all time.

Well, she's a little more than that, considering how she's just fine when the galactic government collapses.