Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

The more I think about it the more I hate it.
I found EVERY character to be incredibly bland due to it mostly being quick snips of characterization and it being heavily dependent on you already caring about these characters.
Only problem is due to the changes they made I have no idea who these characters actually are because Ultimate Peter Parker didn't look like Ben Reilly or have a Spider-Cave so it's obviously not any Spider-Man I know.
Then all of the emotional moments that absolutely killed in the comics were so rushed and poorly done that they just fell completely flat for me.
Just like when they moved Miles to 616 they took away all of his problems and character drama too.
There was also zero emotional weight to anything that happened, Aaron dies (it's not even Miles fault in this) and the film just glazes over it.
Don't even get me started on the villains being absolute cardboard cutouts
Most of the humor just did not stick for me, the worst being that abysmal post-credit scene and Christmas soundtrack
I was also absolutely disgusted with Peter Parker, especially him not caring about Miles world dying and them breaking up him and Mary Jane for the dumbest reason possible.
Nic Cage was the best, but he had like four lines and I think that's just due to me loving Cage in general more than Noir being interesting
The animation was great, even the chromatic or whatever effect didn't bother me despite it being my biggest complaint from the trailer
Really it captured what I hate about modern superhero films, it's all spectacle and no heart
Marvel is definitely not getting the rights back though, probably ever at this point seeing how well this did and Venom did better than literally every X-Men film ever made
Though seeing how Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends 2 looks that might be for the best
All in all I just was having The Amazing Spider-Man 2 flashbacks the whole time imagining endless sequels and spinoffs with characters just as bland and uninteresting.
4/10

Attached: qQ87fVgIsyCpEKdBI6RFWbBZxTJ.jpg (1041x1485, 151K)

Wow, you're an autist

you fucked up the formatting making it obvious its a pasta
3/10

>spent time thinking about how I really felt about the film
>had to keep editing it to fit even if it meant condensing and cutting my thoughts
>heh, nice copypasta kid

Attached: nerd_mad.jpg (599x463, 29K)

It's okay, I felt the same way you did. Although I did think it was okay. Had a lot of issues I didn't agree with.

>copy some autist's rant off of reddit
>don't reformat it when you use to "troll Yea Forums epic style"
>get spotted immediately
>run damage control
2/10

Go fuck yourself user, find me the Reddit post if you're so fucking sure then.

I think if I hadn't gotten all the hype I might have liked it more, but everyone was sucking this film's dick. It wasn't even in the way people sucked off Black Panther or Wonder Woman either, there was no progressive praise, so I was actually expecting a great film going in

I'm gonna watch it when it's out on bluray purely for the animation. I don't care for the story at all.

There's 1080p rips out right now, it's what I used

I'm not gonna say I didn't have fun watching Spiderverse but the themeing was incredibly weak.

>Miles you can't come prevent my sacrifice because you can't control your powers
>Suddenly through the power of "jumping in before you feel like you're ready" Miles is suddenly adept at everything he was trying and failing to do earlier that day, and is able to help in the final battle.

I feel like the film is trying to go for a message of taking risks, rising to meet challenges and not holding yourself back because you feel you aren't good enough. But that analogy only works because Miles got a boost in competence out of nowhere in the final act of the movie. His behavior could have just as easily made him a liability to the other Spiders and gotten them all killed.

Poor damage control there, OP

Damage control for what? I didn't like the film, you did. I have no problem with us disagreeing

>if you didn't like this movie you are reddit
Holy shit, only Yea Forumsmblr would be this assmad about someone not liking your interracial propaganda. I bet you fap to the part where Miles's handprint got stuck on Gwen's head

Attached: 85a.png (990x1146, 963K)

Attached: 1474446715818.jpg (497x427, 47K)

The problem, the story is just too stupid because they only cared about visuals while making this movie

It seemed to me like Gwen and Miles were just friends at the end.
>Yea Forums - Comics & Cartoons
This is a cartoon based on a comic, it literally hits both requirements.
That's pretty good summation really, but man was it pretty. I wish we could get a good film with this animation, the mixture of styles was really cool.

Best film of last year. Should have been nominated for an Oscar.

your review is a 1/10
so there

it ... did... gasp

(you)

Holy shit, the defense force for this movie is really pathetic.

Just because you're choking on a penis while you post terrible posts, it doesn't mean you have to give your writing a phonetically punctuated quirk that mimics what it would be like if you tried to talk while sucking a dick.

it really is. They can take it on any movie except this one. I'm gonna wait a few years to actually discuss my feelings on this movie when the hype has died down.

People act the exact same way with Spider-Man 2, this is nothing new.

Are you equating the latest meme to SM2

Proving my point, people treating something they really like as sacred isn't new.

>abysmal post-credit scene
You're a piece of shit. Out.

awesome movie

Yeah, this is what did it for me. You don't have to be a huge fan of the movie, but to call out a harmless post-credits scene that 1. Introduces a new character, 2. Provides more representation in the form of a Latino Spider-Man voiced by Oscar Isaac, and 3. Harkens back to a meme in a way that is funny and not cringeworthy at all (which is difficult to do anyway).

OP is just an angry contrarian with absolutely shit taste.

If Incredibles 2 won the Oscar all you faggots would be claiming this movie is a masterpiece, which it unironically is.

I am sick and fucking tired of the "it's popular therefore it's bad" mindset. I hate that genuinely good movies and shows have a bad reputation on this website. I hate you all and I hope somebody buys this website and shuts it down because it never should have existed.

>EVERY character to be incredibly bland
>emotional moments rushed and poorly done
>the villains being absolute cardboard cutouts
>zero emotional weight to anything that happened
>all spectacle and no heart

Thought that was just happening in my head.

OP, are you on the spectrum?
Because it sounds like a lot of your complaints are about things that just aren't true.
>every character is incredibly bland
This is the most character Miles has ever had. It's the most character his parents have ever had.
>ultimate peter parker didn't look like Ben Reilly or have a Spider-Cave so it's obviously not any Spider-Man I know.
Like right here, this is textbook autistic nitpicking, like you can't get over the fact that this isn't a 1-1 adaptation of the Ultimate universe.
>all of the emotional moments that absolutely killed in the comics were so rushed and poorly done that they just fell completely flat for me.
Again, blatantly false, Aaron's death in this movie is vastly superior to his death in USM.
>they took away all of Miles' character problems and drama
HE NEVER HAD ANY TO BEGIN WITH. This movie actually gave Miles character.
>the film just glazes over Aaron's death
What the FUCK are you talking about? It didn't do that in the slightest. Aaron's death was incredibly impactful. The entire finale was haunted by the specter of it.
>the villains being absolute cardboard cutouts
Again, the fuck? Kingpin is fantastic here. Doc Ock is a scene stealer. Scorpion and Tombstone are mooks, yes, but they're entertaining mooks.
>I was also absolutely disgusted by Peter Parker, especially him not caring about Miles world dying
Because he didn't believe it was going to happen. Then he started to understand, and started to come around on Miles.

Seriously OP, this is some grade-A bullshit you're on.

>it's popular therefore it's bad
>it's popular
Eeeeeh