The boycott isn't going to work

The boycott isn't going to work.

Attached: cm_character_1-sht_brie_v3_lg.jpg (1800x2666, 966K)

Have you looked at the facebook comments.

idc if it does good or bad i'm still not going to see it

Perhaps not. But the movie being awful will.

What fucking moron is talking about boycotting?

Literally nobody with a life IRL(aka 90% of the population) knows about this so-called "boycott". I didn't even know about it until I looked at this board for the first time in months.

No reason to boycott. These movies make money on rewatches. If it’s good, it will be watched multiple times, if it isn’t, it won’t do as well.

some people deciding they don't want to see a movie is now considered a boycott I guess

Attached: Dramatic Photo new 1 Tutorial.jpg (1600x1088, 231K)

Seething incels on very secluded and increasingly untolerated portions of the internet who are pretending Disney ever gave a flying fuck about their dollar.

Its not a boycott its just everyone thinks Bri Larson is a bitch and the movie is a joke and they aren't going to see it.

>Everyone

If you had ever actually talked to a girl, you'd know they enjoy being perceived as head-busting bitches.

Translation - anyone who publicly mentions they aren't interested in seeing a movie is now apparently an incel nazi russian bot.

They never do.

Or such a pathetic brainlet that they let themselves be influenced by such. It's a goddamn MCU origin movie. The peanut gallery isn't hesitating to buy a ticket. gbt Yea Forums if your sensibilities are so kino you'd skip a movie in the greatest film franchise of all time because the main character has tits.

This "outrage" seems like its being pushed around by Disney advertisers to trick stupid liberals in to thinking "if you don't watch this movie, those nazi incels wins".

I didn't watch Incredible Hulk, I didn't watch Doctor Strange, I didn't watch Black Panther, I'm not watching this.

I didn't watch any of these films because they're about characters and stories I don't care about and have no interest in spending money seeing. And no amount of MUH GREATEST FILM FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME! GOTTA GET THAT 100% COMPLETION BRO!! is going to convince me otherwise.

If that makes me a misogynistic space nazi or whatever, so be it.

Everyone
Girls love being put in their place by an alpha chad more than anything. They only act hard around other girls and their gay friends.

I’m gonna see it but not on Opening Weekend

Nah, I think I'll just go see HTTYD3 again.

If anybody ever believed it would that's unbelievably pathetic.

Attached: D07KvkwXQAEJIEs.jpg:large.jpg (2048x2048, 547K)

I'm out of the loop, what's happening?

>just don't think for yourself and consume product

Car-Ell fags think people not seeing a mediocre movie = boycott.

So your eyes just gloss over while you're sitting by yourself and everyone else is loudly whispering "OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT THING FROM THE OTHER MOVIE?"

I'm not sure if you're stepping over it or if it flew over your head, but the MCU clearly wasn't aiming for you.

I know "actually talk to a girl" is the go-to here, but you clearly need to talk to at least two if you think every girl is the same.

So what I'm grasping here is that, astoundingly, Carol is the most boring part of the movie and everyone is just there to tell her how she's either amazing or can't do something. Great. You know you have to get a little annoyed about how THIS was the one time they followed comic canon. This movie could have taken advantage of this chance to give Carol a good characterization. However let's be honest; Carol was only ever good when she was severely fucked up. A drunk, hot headed, and a boner for murder (not to mention decent sex appeal). You know, CHARACTER FLAWS.

This should really be a study on how not to push a character. All this over Marvel desperately wanting their own Wonder Woman.

Attached: Carol is Anime.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

Attached: its like hes trying to bait me i know it.png (845x468, 659K)

You have clearly transcended to a higher plane of existence than me if you live in a world where everybody doesn't poop.

Early reactions coming in are really trying to find excuses to say nice things. Not complete dogshit, but really disappointing. A few have even said Brie was a miscast. I personally can't say because obviously I haven't seen it yet. Wasn't remotely excited for this from the get go, but even I wanted this to be out of hope that somebody could write a half decent Carol.

People are pretending there is a boycott when in actual fact it's just people are not that interested in this movie.

I've seen every MCU film, even the clunkers, and I'm a huge MCU fanboy but I'm not going to see CM and don't care about it at all, just looked lame to me from the start and BL talking shit about white men kinda sealed it for me. I'm still looking forward to Endgame though, even though she's in it.

We have no idea how Carol will play out in Endgame. Witnessing the death of half of all life might have sent her on the mother of all benders and Captain America has to slap some sense into the bitch.

So you are saying that seeing this film is a biologically necessary bodily function?

Well, we'll find out in... fuck, only seven weeks?

>This "outrage" seems like its being pushed around by Disney advertisers to trick stupid liberals in to thinking "if you don't watch this movie, those nazi incels wins".

Yes, this is a huge part of it. They will use the same push for IX "If you don't go see IX white supremacist misogynist Trump supporting incels win"

>boycott
I just don't want to see it. I'm pretty done with Marvel altogether

user, forgive me if I don't give a flying fuck about the minute possibility of them "fixing" Carol in Endgame when they couldn't even do it in her 2 hour solo movie devoted to her. Christ, man. Don't go grasping at straws on me now

I don't think you appreciate that this is THE GREATEST CINEMATIC FRANCHISE FOR ALL TIME and that if you're not seeing every film and being a part of history, you may as well just kill yourself right now.

Stories about humans transcending physical limitations has been a mainstay of sane societies ever since we've lived in a society.

You won't die if you don't see Captain Marvel,. but I wouldn't train my brain with yours for anything. You're predisposed to finding ways to not experience joy.

At this point I wouldn't see IX if they paid me.

Have you read a single goddamn review past the headline? Critics love Carol, they just think it was bad form to toss an origin movie out when everyone is still waiting to see how she fistfucks Thanos with the power of two suns.

>he thinks all girls arent the same
What a cuck

If you don't experience orgasm at least six times over the course of this two hour film from the PURE CINEMATIC ECSTASY that is CAPTAIN MARVEL then you are clearly incapable of experiencing joy.

Don't know how she'll be in Endgame but I am betting she'll be better there than in her own movie. Russos, Markus and Mcfeely have proven to be at the least decent writers while the Captain Marvel movie script went through 8 writers and judging from comments from both people who liked and disliked the movie it was pretty noticeable that the movie had a lot of writing problems and Carol is the least interesting character in it.

Well, I guess we've confirmed you're not a zoomer. Little shits hop all over any chance to get paid for ingesting media.

There's no such thing, you're just trying to blame someone else for the mistakes a movie you didn't even part of

we can do it alt-right bros we hate women and minorities and can't be stopped!

Once you see enough stinkers you become less willing to waste time and money on them.

Yeah, that's the sense I got from the reviews. Carol's intro would have gone much better if she was slapping shit in Endgame and everyone was going WHERE THE FUCK DID THIS BITCH COME FROM.

Desu wa, it's probably corporate cash-grabbing on Disney's part. Why settle for three Captain Marvel movies making back their budget and then some when you can pinch four out by hiccuping after the first one?

>Carol is the most boring part of the movie and everyone is just there to tell her how she's either amazing or can't do something
Haven't got this impression from reviews. From what i gather Carol is a person with a bad attitude and the movie's events make her struggle with her emotions, one review mentioned she learns self sacrifice by the end, another that Law is an important mentor that tries to teach her how to be less of an hothead, to trust her judgement more than her impulses

Honestly it's kind of what i expected/wanted. Carol's violent attitude is certainly one of her defining traits and the trailers already hinted at this conflict of hers like with that scene where she's about to blast Law even though they're merely training

You're not wasting time and money if you're getting paid.

Attached: 1541127816845.png (415x418, 390K)

>"I'm not really interested in seeing this film"
>"Your pathetic boycott isn't going to work you moronic bigoted crybaby manchild loser incel!"

What

No one seems to give a fuck about this movie here in Argentina,
No boycott, they just don't care.

Is it a boycott if you're just not interested in seeing the movie?

>isn't working
more like girlcott

Attached: carlos.jpg (210x240, 17K)

Ironically increasing interest in the movie.

its not gonna flop, but its not gonna meet expectations either.

So Yea Forums?

More or less. No amount of whining is gonna make people gnash teeth and pull hair because it wasn't directed by Jodorowsky.

Film has been a very privileged medium that corporate interests took an early interest in. You're fucking retarded if the recent uptick in interest in black and female characters is confusing you. Social media saturation equates to an increase in white males having to admit they're a minority or to stupid to know how numbers work.

>equates to an increase in white males having to admit they're a minority
We are? Sweet gonna apply for benefits right now.

It never does.

What boycott? Is it a boycott if you just dont want to see it because it looks boring?

I've seen no less than three reviews so far say that Brie was a miscast and gives a wooden performance.

What marvel movies have you seen over the years Yea Forums?
>Theater
Ultron, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame [planned]
>Watched
Avengers, Iron Man 1/2/3, Thor 1/3, Captain America, Guardians 1/2
>Haven't watched, but might later if I feel like it/get bored
Hulk, Captain America 2, Ant Man 2
>Ignored
Thor 2, Spiderman [planning to ignore FFH], Black Panther, Captain Marvel [planned]

Attached: koth yyh.png (650x489, 455K)

I've only read one that said it, it was the first review that was uploaded on RT, and the guy actually argued his issue was that the role is beneath Larson

I think I've seen about half in the theater and apart from IW the last one I saw was Doctor Strange. I just see no reason to actually go to the theater to watch them any more

I've seen them all in theaters except Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Homecoming, Ant Man and the Wasp, and I'll just go ahead and say Captain Marvel and Far From Home

have you seen the reviews?

>main character has tits
you forgot about wonder woman?

Just another 8 more rotten and it will match Wonder Woman with just over 1/4th of the reviews. This is probably going to slide into the 70's. So it's not bad but just completely unremarkable. That one critic summed it up best, it's "fine"

Imagine seriously thinking that quippy capeshit is the greatest film franchise of all time.

Attached: HS5rnnI_d.jpg (640x563, 30K)

All of them. Of phase 1 back then i only saw Hulk in theater, after that i got curious about the shared universe thingie (i didn't really know about it until Tony showed up in Hulk and everyone online was trying to find Thor somewhere in the movie) and tried to catch up so i could watch Avengers in theater too. After that it's just been a regular thing, if I'm not mistaken the only one i didn't watch in cinema was GotG because for some retarded reason the movie would get in my country only months after the american and other releases, so i got impatient and just watched the camrip

In other news:
the sky is blue, water is wet.

Disney is a multi-billion dollar corporation, and just like Rogue One being under the SW banner, having a Marvel character in the title is enough to guarantee them well more than what it took to produce, meaning any efforts to boycott it is literally useless and a waste of time.

Attached: IMG_20190305_184425.jpg (750x500, 69K)