There’s another timeline where the Captain Marvel movie was about Genis-Vell and Rick Jones shenanigans...

>There’s another timeline where the Captain Marvel movie was about Genis-Vell and Rick Jones shenanigans, with Rick’s love of superhero tropes helping Genis navigate through his journey as a hero.
>Instead we get the most boring wearer of the title, with good stories from a better Marvel’s being aped and mushed together to give her something to do.

Fuck me man, the MCU is the ultimate Monkey’s Paw.

Attached: 72C44086-D967-4C73-B8DB-E91B304958E0.png (817x992, 974K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carolastrickland.com/comics/msmarvel/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In a shameless self-bump, anyone here knew to comics that wants a better window into cosmic shenanigans than The Carol Show should read the 2000 run onwards of Captain Marvel. It’s a great love letter to Marvel comics in general, and a good foot in the door with cosmic Marvel lore.

All you need to know going in is Mar-Vell used to be tied to Rick, Mar-Vell died, and now his son Genis is following his footsteps.

*new

I agree but I prefer when Genis wents full bucko.

Attached: genis vell.jpg (565x844, 168K)

It's like if Guardians of the Galaxy was based on Bendis's run, isn't it?

The bendis run is based on the movie not the other way around

What makes it worse is that Rick Jones was introduced in the universe in 2008

>Dropped Rick
>Dropped Leader
>Dropped Abomination

Attached: E4E3AB82-F1B5-43D5-A194-E4FB58C5E89B.png (750x1334, 3.21M)

PADfags btfo

Bendis run was before the movie came out but yes he had access to the script but none of that mattered when Gunn came into the picture and Bendis got butthurt enough to say his run was different from the movie and started incorporating Kitty and a bunch of different shit.

Hey now he can still be in the MCU as Captain Marvel Jr

Attached: 45ae86bb-852c-426c-a364-352b64a51099.jpg (317x389, 57K)

There's another timeline where the movie was about Mar-Vell, adapting his early stories into a movie that's a superhero version of Dances With Wolves or Avatar, but the 'primitive culture' the hero falls in love with and fights to defend, it's us. While the plot is similar to those movies, instead of beating you over the head with White Guilt for hours, it leaves audiences feeling happy and positive about themselves and their world.

Attached: captain marvel #1.jpg (1862x2800, 624K)

Dropped Edward Norton

Attached: its-not-fair.gif (245x245, 650K)

Why did Marvel shit the bed with Genis back in the 00s anyway?

He was doing play enough for a while in the 90s and could have been a decent replacement and cosmic guy for Avengers. Why make him into some crazy asshole that fucks with people and gets killed by Zemo?

Feminists have been obsessed with Ms. Marvel since forever. She fell in love with a dude with brainwashing power or some shit, a feminist decided she was raped, and wrote an article about it so Marvel pussied out. She gave the heroes a big lecture about how they let her get raped. They've been pushing her ever since, and if Mar-Vell has to die so she can be THE Captain Marvel, welp.

carolastrickland.com/comics/msmarvel/index.html

PAD fucked up whatever goodwill the charcate rhad with a lot fo fans when he made him crazy and PAD winning the UDecide thing most likely made Quesada and Jemmas butthurt enough to not like the character.

Nicieza was the one that took the Captain Marvel title from him and killed him just to wank off Zemo I guess, I also know he didn't like Songbird/Genis that much either.

That said last time we got anything Genis was a cameo in the Captain Marvel Infinity Countdown tie-in but other than that I really doubt a lot of people care enough about him to bring him back. Even the way Phyla was brought back was pretty shitty (since it's technically not 616 Phyla).

The only way I ever see him coming back is if a writer that really cared about him brought him back or if the Captain Marvel movie sequel uses him (because lets face it Carol really doesn't have a supporting cast, they're going to keep her cosmic and the writers will eventually start to pull characters from more of the older CM franchises).

Nicieza wrote Genis' original solo book, and the character had changed a lot since then, this may have been a "not muh Genis anymore" if Nicieza had any real attachment to the character in his original form.

what does any of this have to do with the question about Genis?

Countdown was so much more interesting than what we got with the Infinity event and current Guardians.

I thought they might be going somewhere with the Novas vs Raptors thing, and Robbie getting the nega bands.

no it wasnt. Bendis was on the Creative Committee which wrote terrible notes to James Gunn.

Bendis thought the movie was going to use his notes, so he forced the dogshit hard (remember the Rocket "blam murdered you" crap) until he reset after the movie came out and BTFO him.

no i'm pretty sure that would've still been shit

>Bendis was on the Creative Committee which wrote terrible notes to James Gunn
All of which were ignored. It's pretty common knowledge that the Creative Committee had little-to-no actual say in the creative process of any of their films.

I know, and yeah I assume that he just wanted to put the character down.

Countdown was more interesting but it's no secret that GotG wasn't selliong that well and Marvel Editorial instead of just making it an event they also proceeded to mess with it.

>I thought they might be going somewhere with the Novas vs Raptors thing, and Robbie getting the nega bands.

I recall before Infinity Wars came out and was still being promoted, one of the Marvel panels at last year's SDCC some girl asked about Rich. Duggan wasn't there but Cebulski and some other writers were including Cates, and out of everyone there it was Cates that answered the question about Rich. He pretty much refered to Rich being in Infinity Countdown and Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk and then said there were big plans for Rich post-Infinity Wars.

I think this was before it was known that Cates was going to take over GotG so it was pretty weird for me that he was the one that took the question, now I'm kind of worried that the whole conclusion to that Raptor/Robbie/Nova storyline is going to end up in Cates' hands (he also already yeeted Darkhawk into a black hole with who knows how many presumed dead cosmic characters). Then again Duggan is using the Raptors in his Infinity Watch mini so who knows. Robbie still has his nega bands and Duggan seems to be ignoring everything that happened in Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk.

They had some power since Gunn always bitched about them and he said the Thanos scene in GotG was their idea and that he really hated the inclusion of that scene in GotG.

>the MCU is the ultimate Monkey’s Paw.
We were doing good until Ant Man and the Wasp. I'll say it. Even Black Panther was faithful to what the original was.

We're now in 100% retcon/reboot/SJW era territory. Its a good thing Stan Lee is not here to see this