Theresljims put out a really concise and interesting video about Rod and Todd

Theresljims put out a really concise and interesting video about Rod and Todd

youtu.be/OXv2NfxsvkA

Attached: 425F431B-21C2-4C3D-8244-41A3DF683DB2.gif (480x360, 477K)

I think the guy is missing some context here. Rod and Todd (and well, the entire Flanders family) were clearly meant as a parody of 80s fundie Christians who thought listening to rock music would blast you down to Hell. Being that the show started in the early 90s and all that.

I always thought it was common knowledge that Rod was the older and Todd the younger of the two.

Imagine Rod and Todd entering puberty, all the frightening new urges. No one to explore them with. Only each other. They seem close. Very close. What goes on behind their bedroom door, late at night? Those shameful, sinful nights.

Yeah, I just assumed they were always introduced as "Rod and Todd" because Rod is the eldest and so his name comes first.

Videos like this are why the writers have hated their own fanbase since the 90s.

>not about Sneed and Chuck
What are you doing here?

To be fair I couldn't think of anything interesting to do with R&T either or how to develop them as characters.

i like his videos. but i wish hed stop using that one dkc track in all of them.

these videos exist mostly to squeeze in as many injokes from simpsons boards from over the years as possible.

Seriously this is some Dead Homer Society level of shit.

>Season 29
>writers so desperate for ideas they decide to ship Todd with Lisa

Could be worse.

Really? The guy is super-polite, professional, and observational throughout and he doesn't chimp out about Zombie Simpsons like the Simpsums guy or some of the other screaming manchildren, he even kind of gives a backhanded complement to later episodes that try to explore R&T's characters a bit more.

TheRealJims is really chill though. He also likes a lot of newer episodes, and his harsher reviews are still very calm compared to other cartoon reviewers. I really don't see why people would dislike him, but this is Yea Forums after all

>and he doesn't chimp out about Zombie Simpsons like the Simpsums guy or some of the other screaming manchildren

Didn't Yeardley Smith take down her Twitter because there was some...unpleasantness?

>Rod and Todd (and well, the entire Flanders family) were clearly meant as a parody of 80s fundie Christians who thought listening to rock music would blast you down to Hell.
They weren't originally. They were originally just meant to be a perfect family to contrast with the shitty Simpsons family. They were Christians because at the time that was considered a good thing. They got turned into a fundie parody later.

If you think about it it's a fairly obvious ship you'd be surprised they didn't think of 20 seasons earlier.

It hasn't been the same writers since the 90s tho.

Other than Fuhrer Al anyway.

I didn't mean it like a bad thing. I remember lurking a Futurama / Simpsons board once and liked that it was mostly references to jokes from the show.

I would also print out the 'things you may have missed' from snpp for my fav eps. Such a beautiful waste of ink and paper....

I'm jealous of pricks who put out Simpsons videos or podcasts and shit. I spent all my high school years watching and autistically quoting Simpsonss. My friends and I have had long debates about shit like when zombie simpsons starts. I should do a video or something but REEEEEEEEE it's all been done.

also no one watched my goddamn Simpsonwave videos, which I made before the shitty meme blew up and ruined it so I'm just bitter

Attached: 000ljEYwR.jpg (800x800, 43K)

>Being weakwilled such that you thought that quoting a tv show counts as a childhood and self-conscious about not being able to ride on a youtube ecelebmeme bandwagon.

Attached: image030.jpg (1024x1024, 1.44M)

At least you didn't have long debates about why it's ok to show Bart's sausage link but not Lisa's coin slot.

Therealjims is based but where the hell is the sheed episode