So is this just going to stay unfinished forever?

So is this just going to stay unfinished forever?

Attached: claymation.gif (650x450, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.li/0pZlF#selection-201.0-227.1906
discord.gg/Dmn8Eg6
homestuck.com/story/5015
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Epilogue this 4/13

i believe

We don't deserve an epilogue

Reminder that Vriska did nothing wrong, Travos was a faggot

It never ends, Adrian

Post-Cascade Vriska did everything wrong.

Threadly reminder that Spades Slick did nothing wrong.

Attached: 7DF8FC13-5A96-45DE-AAB4-784983DBE88B.gif (500x346, 428K)

He lost

more like homosuck

Caliborn's claymation was better than act 7.

Attached: v23-flow3644346.png (503x442, 71K)

Eridan deserved to be a main troll

Rose belongs with John
Dave belongs to Jade

Shipping ruined Homestuck.

Fuck Dirk, Jake and Jane, the most insufferable pricks in the comic

Roxy was ok

No Huss did that

The problem with the post-scratch kids is that you can't just remove them from the story because their powers and interactions with the cherubs are relevant to the plot.

Don't worry it'll totally come out with the epilogue and Hiveswap 2

Yeah sure.
We are cursed forever by this bullshit

I would legitimately bet you $100 that that's not fucking happening and it'll be fucking nothing. I'm being serious.

Remove the cherubs

A lot of things came together to ruin Homestuck, like the fanbase turning into a shitshow and Hussie struggling to deal with the pressure and attention.

Attached: 158280.png (1280x1446, 443K)

At what point did we start getting ghost writters? Vriskagram?

Yeah but Jade going full amazon position on Dave is hot

But that would mean removing Caliborn, the best character and main antagonist.

paradox space

Roxy is the only good character in the comic. She's a sweetheart who cared about the pawns when no one else did. She had a flaw and actually developed as a character by overcoming it. She's literally the only character the the entire comic with a satisfying arc.

Attached: roxy.png (379x735, 72K)

It's a price we'll have to pay

Attached: kanheirkiss.png (650x450, 13K)

KANAYA CHEATS ON ROSE EVERYDAY

Probably never. Act 666 choked the shit out of fandom interest and the possibility that homestuck would be good ever again.

Attached: https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2F85318158940f75e1f6e8d7175d3a10f7%2Ftumblr_nrrkdwSfJ71sxyvqro2_12 (1080x1138, 91K)

STOP THE LEZBIAN ERASEMENT REE

Dirk could've been good but he's infatuated with one of the worst characters in the comic

what? it IS finished

Stop making Homestuck threads without the word "Homestuck" in the fucking post I have an auto-filter for a fucking reason you tasteless shit-loving animals.

Attached: handhold.png (650x450, 15K)

at least you care enough to give a bump

John's gonna erase Rose's lezbian
so hard

Attached: awkwardness.png (1071x1077, 443K)

Why was Kanaya the only troll to give a shit about Austipices or whatever the clubs one was

>using the filter settings
reddit as fuck god you 4chanx babies are such faggots

Attached: 7638962837.gif (134x134, 89K)

Of course. He has the gay conversion dong.

Given her track record, that'd actually be Jade.

She wasn't, she was just most inclined in the group of 12 to pull it off. Also, less stability between the vacillation leads to better plot drama.

Who else even brought it up? The only time I remember it outside of that is Scratch keeping Snowman and Spades apart

Because those 12 trolls we meet are not normal, they are all broken/crazy people and thus they are romantically inept hell Karkat cant even fill quadrants with people that arent him

Why did the trolls still tolerate Vriska after she crippled like three of the,

trolls don't have abusive relationships or something according to hussie

Not like they can get rid of her

>Why did the trolls still tolerate Vriska
They didn't. Some of them were afraid of her, some of them just straight up hated her. But it was just the twelve of them and Condy in the universe and if they wanted to have a fighting chance they had to work together. Which is apparently because of Karkat's great leadership. I don't think we've ever actually seen that, we were just told by Hussie.

Why is Kankri such a pussy magnet?

Attached: 304855C5-7728-42D2-AD6A-FCFA3BA9B582.jpg (500x583, 42K)

You recall Aradiabot beating her to death? Vriska "turned a new leaf" after that and went a long way toward winning Sgrub. We just didn't see much of it.

Troll girls probably find not someone not wanting to fuck hot or some shit since they're weirdo aliens

Speculation, but consider: Vriska auspicizing between terezi and gamzee on the meteor

captcha: stairs

So you're saying the only reason they kept her around was because she was viable breeding stock?

Did hussie ever explain why the main trolls seemed to live isolated? We know troll cities and suburbs are a thing

Probably cause they are weirdos

You can't auspisticize Gamzee. He got shit to do.

A lot of them didn't though, and the ones that did had excuses. Karkat lived in a suburb, Sollux in a city, Aradia lived on the outskirts of a city. All the highbloods lived on larger amounts of land because they're rich, Kanaya was a unique babysitter class troll with a giant vagina bug as her mom, giving her space, Nepeta is feral.
Tavros is really the only question there, but evidently he lives on some sort of ranch.

I think he just didn't want to bother with actually showing alternian soceity at the time.

you do it forcefully and if Karkat was a good moirail gamzee wouldn't have snapped as bad

What I meant is that she's capable and a strong asset for a team. And they'll need all the help they can get because sgrub/sburb is broken.

Hell, her title literally means 'stealer of relevance'. They couldn't get rid of her even if they tried.

Right, so she's viable breeding stock.

Attached: rapekat fuckvas.png (850x758, 133K)

Yeah, except she's kinda dead. Stayed behind with Terezi in the soon to be erased universe.

Attached: 4bcf264cd5f415701fa5215f468b36bf.png (1600x1200, 1.24M)

Vriskagram

That's fine, the troll race seems to be doing fine without her, even if it's ruled by a dog.

Happens to everything

Attached: uOuZWVM__400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

You can't expect Karkat to be good at things.

delet this

Attached: bonk.gif (649x450, 28K)

Whatcha gonna do Karfat, fail to maintain a healthy relationship at me?

The only stable relationship between the 12 trolls was between a furry and a horse fucker

>horse fucker
Vriska?

and it was good

Attached: nepeta bkub.png (1727x1305, 3.46M)

aw thank you user

Attached: ab2679908ff9929d67025791dd134679.png (500x713, 237K)

Equius m8,
but yeah everyone else could not manage any of their quadrants but at least those two managed their pale one,still that doesnt excuse them for the rest of their quadrants being hot messes. so congrats while everyone was 0/4 those two were 1/4

It's those sexy pretty boy vantas genes.

Attached: 1463315262999.png (1070x1560, 1000K)

>Hussie revealed that Vriska totally wanted to fuck the shit out of Equius in the commentaries

You know what I hated? All these lazy fucking artists stopped drawing the numbers in English's eyes during the strife flash.

Attached: tumblr_o33038JTlt1qfe7z2o1_1280.png (1280x960, 504K)

No one would even notice such a tiny thing.

I wasn't reading during Act 5, what was the buildup to English like live?

Attached: Alternate Lord English.gif (964x935, 997K)

People theorized for years he was one of the existing characters. I always thought he was an original character and people called me crazy. I also said that UU and uu were a new race of fanboys/fanhaters.
I like being right.

Eridan is OWED sex

So why didn't we get a showdown between Jack Noir, Bec Noir and Jack English?

Attached: 1435384712966.png (699x399, 55K)

In a sense he was an existing character, having Equius and an AI copy of Bro as part of him. Also his soul being in Lil Cal. But yeah I remember people thinking he was Diamonds Droog because he used a pool cue as a weapon.

Because that could have been an interesting character moment for Jack, and Hussie stopped giving a shit.

I really wished it was actually Nepeta

Attached: 9568e0c148ae11c2799be11fc08734ca8bbe0952.gif (800x800, 152K)

I never liked the idea of him being better doc scratch, but I wish he could have done more

Attached: LordEnglishSupreme.jpg (1100x851, 1.21M)

eri is THE supreme gentletroll

Attached: 3d7808d477539867abbc7c6f04340037.png (500x618, 270K)

I agree, and that's why I want to fuck no fewer than two Roxy cosplayers at the same time before I die. Both must be accurate to the comic, by which I mean no fatties.

A lot of people expected him to just be just "Doc Scratch but bigger". I'm glad his design was more distinct, and his personality was less "gentlemanly". I wish we got to see him do more than just kill ghosts. He never even used his time powers in any fights.

I liked the personality HSG came up for him

Attached: lord english laughing at cosmic salad.png (800x1100, 73K)

>B-but user, the way she appears in the comic is just a style choice! Her actual weight is up to the reader's interpretation!

wwell pay up user

Grillby?

I interpret her as being skinny but not bony, with enough meat so as not to be unhealthy.

Meanwhile, it's canon that Jane is THICC
DAMN GIRL, DAT GIRL THICC, GIRL

Attached: a8e5358b34fb3ddd995dea133cd4c70a3e1c6dfb_hq.jpg (808x1024, 45K)

What was that like?

The perfect ship

Attached: A7D2D419-19AC-4A87-964D-B8916D0DB26B.jpg (236x234, 12K)

>character has billiard balls for eyes
>nobody would notice when they aren't drawn like billiard balls
what the fuck are you talking about? I oughta kick your ass

Attached: tumblr_on6e11fTjG1sezgvwo1_400.gif (400x400, 117K)

You're right, in reality she's also got massive tits.

Attached: mom sees a dick.png (1280x1135, 1.03M)

a big retard

Aradia is fat

Attached: BEFE67F0-E8A7-44C3-A44B-E9BBBB617EC4.png (375x521, 147K)

archive.li/0pZlF#selection-201.0-227.1906

LE factoids
Later I might open the tumblr question box dealie for like ten minutes, let about a thousand silly questions flood in, then shut it off and answer a few. But for now I might as well address a few points of curiosity preemptively on the latest animation, and LE in general.
Everything here’s based on some general line of inquiry I’ve seen posted elsewhere more than once.
Where is this happening? Where is Scratch’s wrecked apartment floating? It’s free-floating debris from the two universes destroyed, which now comprise the green sun. That floating hunk of building is suspended, and temporarily preserved in, let’s call it a small pocket of green-hot spacetime soup inside the sun. Chronologically, this little pocket of space is very near the final dying moment of the troll universe, where LE makes his entrance. He then goes back in time to fuck shit up throughout the history of that universe, as has been described many times. That is why he was always “already there.” It is also because, as it turns out, he was lurking dormant in Scratch’s puppet-host body the whole time. Doc always did claim to be excellent host.

OKAY I GOT A JOKE FOR YOU!
HOW MANY KARKATS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHTBULB?
ANYONE?
JUST ONE, BUT AT THE VERY LAST SECOND JADE CHANGES THE LIGHTBULB INSTEAD!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
GET IT?
BECAUSE KARKAT IS USELESS?
HAHHAHA!

OH OH, DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE DOLOROSA?
SHE GOT RAPED!
GET IT?
RAPED?
HA HA HA! I'VE GOT A MILLION OF EM!

Attached: lordenglishlaugingatcosmicsalad3.png (800x1100, 73K)

Nobody would notice the tiny numerals inside his eyeballs. As long as they're flashing the colors, it's all good.

That's not far from his actual personality, really.

HERE'S A GREAT ONE: A LALONDE WALKS OUT OF A BAR!

HAHAHAHA!

NO? HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?
WHY DIDN'T DAVE HAVE A SATISFYING RESOLUTION TO HIS CHARACTER ARC?
BECAUSE HUMAN BEINGS DON'T HAVE ARCS!
HA HAHAHAHAHA!!

Attached: lord english laughing at cosmic salad5.png (542x750, 31K)

OKAY OKAY OKAY SO
A USELESS CHARACTER
VRISKA'S BITCH
AND A KEKOLD WALK INTO A BAR!
THE BARTENDER SAYS: "OH HEY KARKAT!"

HAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: lord english laughing at cosmic salad6.png (627x627, 27K)

Incorrect. She would have massive tits when she grows to an adult.

As a child and teenager, she'd have relatively small tits, but a stellar ass, just like in my John/Roxy POV lemon.

Attached: dave suggests using a condom this time.png (637x669, 94K)

This doesn't make any sense. It's just tumblr wish fulfilment. Aradia is a sickly lowblood not only that she's also been DEAD. She looks sticklike or at least thin on most of her depictions in the comic.

pretty accurate if we think about how Caliborn was

Attached: 02132_2.gif (650x450, 17K)

>human beings don't have arcs
Christ I hate that line. It's just a lazy way to absolve yourself of any responsibility of writing a decent comic.

I'm not conveying it very well because I'm bitter, the actual jokes were more anti-humor.

Attached: 1433287854699.gif (155x242, 6K)

Why did John got such a shit ending

HEY DAVE, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU AND JADE BOTH HAVE IN COMMON?
YOU BOTH FUCK DOGS! HAHAHAHA!

ALRIGHT HERE'S A GREAT ONE:
DIDJA HEAR ABOUT ANDREW HUSSIE'S VIDEOGAME SEQUEL?
ME NEITHER!
AHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

OR WHAT ABOUT JOHN EGBERT? THEY SAY HE'S CLINICALLY DEPRESSED!
HAHAHA!
GET IT?
BECAUSE HE'S CLINICALLY DEPRESSED?
I'M GONNA BREAK A RIB FROM LAUGHING SO HARD!

Attached: english salad, you get it.png (800x1100, 51K)

Because "good endings" are a fictional construct that people impose upon fiction to make up for the fact that their lives are unsatisfying. Homestuck is groundbreaking and realistic in that it has all its characters have shit endings, just like real life.

Or the author just didn't give a shit.

It’s over, lads. Let it die.

I almost wish I had your optimism, but on 4/14 you will be very disappointed. We aren’t getting an epilogue next month or ever.

What a horrible opinion.

BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS, IF YOU GIVE HUSSIE YOUR MONEY YOU CAN ALWAYS BE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHERE IT'S GOING: STRAIGHT TO THE ODD GENTLEMEN!
HAHAHAHA!

BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS ARE WE SURE WHAT PUMPKIN ISN'T A CHARITY? I MEAN, THEY'RE ALL ABOUT THAT NON-PROFIT STUFF!

BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE ANY PROFITS! HAHAAHAHAH!

Attached: lord english laughing at cosmic salad99.png (647x647, 29K)

>have the character point out that they have literally no reason to fight the main villain
>wipe that version of the character from existence and make him gay
If you try to rebel against Skaia, it punishes you by making you gay. Try proving me wrong.

Attached: dave was right.png (552x553, 38K)

We will get an epilogue but it will probably be sold as a Viz book and ghost written

OKAY I GOT ANOTHER ONE: WHAT'S MORE PATHETIC THAN A KNIGHT OF BLOOD?

THE GUY WHO WRITES THEM! BAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Attached: lord salad laughing at cosmic english.png (726x726, 37K)

So whatever happened to Project Overseer? Is there really no good Sburb simulator that isn't fucking dead?

It's like Hussie knew he hadn't written a compelling villain, but instead of giving them a reason to fight him, he just called himself out, did nothing else, and had them fight him anyway.

>if you reject the reproductive cycle it'll force you out of it
makes sense

The Genesis Project is pretty rough, but it's been in active development for 2 years and it looks like they're sticking with it.
But Bec Noir, Condy, and even Jack English were good to decent villains. Why could have they been the ultimate villains instead?

Whats the source on this? I don’t remember like 75% of these supposed mackings.

It's just if the character has ever mentioned attraction or shown hearts or spades. For example, during the 5x Showdown on the meteor Sollux was shown shouting spades at Gamzee which is why Sollux is listed as hitting on Gamzee

it's a tumblr thing, if you couldn't tell from davepetasprite. Just ignore it.

Lord English was meant to be the ULTIMATE ultimate villain who was the mastermind behind all other villains' actions. But in practice all he did was dick around killing ghosts, posing no threat to the protagonists, but they still ended up fighting him because that's how the story was meant to go.

Also his younger self was the only person to have a complete arc.

>reluctant hero shit is when the guys like aw shucks i dunno if i wanna but deep down we all know he really does
>maybe i should thank him before chopping him up via welshscalibur
oh dave, you card.

Attached: 1359823093976.png (500x557, 74K)

Well I mean there's also the fact that he can and will destroy anything/anyone if he wills it. He is a threat to the kids because he is a threat to all of existence.

the kids didnt really end up fighting them, or they already did via juju that unsealed the beta kids. but thats not the kids we focused on, much like how technically the original beta kids are dead.

The original kids you know before they ascended are dead.

Attached: 03902.gif (650x450, 22K)

Except he never really destroys anything except dream bubbles. And though he does indirectly cause a lot of destruction, he's also indirectly responsible for a whole bunch of creation. Whether that balances it out would have been an interesting conversation to have, but instead they just kill him because he's the bad guy.

his virginity to your asshole

I love Vriska so much

why don't you go and grow a fucking pair instead of crying on the most unsympathetic social media outlet on the fucking web you daft fucking cunt.

That's another way LE fails as a villain: we never see the protagonists fight him. Just some ghosts of secondary and tertiary characters, and then he gets sucked into a black hole. Woo.

>we never see the protagonists fight him.
but we did tho

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

This

Not in an interesting of satisfying way.

Caliborn and LE are two separate entities. And the masterpiece brings up a whole slew of new problems that are still unresolved

Attached: CE467411-5462-4A33-968C-C0EBE2E0E956.jpg (522x900, 183K)

Dirk is, ultimately, still pretty good. The conversation where he hears Dave out re: all the abusive lil' Cal influenced Bro shit is god tier. Especially because he didn't pawn it off as a "nah that wasn't really me" like almost every other character does.

oh boo woo, you still came along for the ride.

they are one in the same. didnt you know he constructed this whole thing so his sister could be with the heros in her own little safespace while he goes and fucks shit up.
Lord English won, the crew simply ran away while the REAL boss fight was happening.

Attached: HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO OUTRUN ME WHEN IM ALREADY ED.png (640x480, 490K)

>all the abusive lil' Cal influenced Bro shit is god tier.

Attached: 1544502674847.gif (500x450, 880K)

>retconning Bro's role in the story is god tier

LE's got 3 other souls in him though. Although all they do is make him incapable of talking aside from one line upon entry. Because Hussie is a hack.

Let me rephrase: The conversation where Dave and Dirk talk about the situation, and reconcile, is god tier.

I can't tell if you intentionally misread my post or what, and that reaction image isn't really helping.

Me too, it's a shame that skinwalker got her shortly after meeting doomed John in act 6 though.

Attached: a41e7a46833919fb28e3ec033833ac73.jpg (700x1163, 639K)

Caliborn, already experienced in fighting for control of a body, easily dominates the other parts of LE.

Even so, LE isn't a character in a narrative sense.

Why give a fuck about Karkat when Vriska exists who is the 8etter leader?

Attached: 1541154361858.gif (500x450, 215K)

That's not what a retcon is. Nothing about what happened to him was edited or changed. We got additional context, sure, but nothing that happened suddenly didn't happen, or vice versa. We know for a fact that Dave was always secretly pretty uncomfortable with that shit, and he outright tells Terezi he didn't much care for the dude in Act 5 Act 2.

The fact that he concludes that his home life was fucked up and unfair is (and was) always true.

God, (Vriska) is such a fucking loser

Attached: 650DD1E8-1096-43EC-9B24-303FD2E6738B.gif (650x450, 78K)

Oh okay then. I guess I interpreted that when I first read it as Dave trying to downplay his love for Bro so he wouldn't feel so sad he was dead, so then it seemed kind of like he started hating him out of nowhere in act 6. I also vaguely recall a time when the fanbase started to hate Bro, so I thought adding details that made him worse was in response to that, and not what was originally intended for his character.

Vriska is a better "General" and "Get Shit Done" kind of lady. She's absolutely a better strategist and conqueror than Karkat, even though Karkat constantly had that boisterous, insecure image of himself as a warrior and a shot-caller. But nobody willingly follows her unless it's more or less necessary.

In spite of everything, people trust Karkat's (and later, Tavros') big picture social judgement more than hers. Which says a lot, because Karkat and Tavros have a track record of pretty hilariously bad strategic decisions.

>better leader
>literally murdered two of her friends
>lead Jack right to the rest of them

It might not've been the original intention, you could 100% be right about that. Hussie has, a couple of times, mentioned that he had a couple of potential directions for some characters before he committed to a specific one (Gamzee going murdermode is an example.)

I'm just saying the groundwork for Bro being a crazy dick was always there.

A good leader needs to 8e alpha and weed out the weak.

Attached: 1540303611654.png (900x600, 311K)

BASED

You can't be a good leader if you don't have any followers. Vriska never managed to have very many. The few that did follow her either bailed on her, betrayed her, or were handed over to her by someone else.

The same applied to Dad, Mom, and Grandpa Harley, but Bro was the one whose kid ended up hating him. It just sucks that that's how Bro will be remembered, even when he cut a meteor in half for Dave, and died trying to stop Jack. While Vriska, who crippled, traumatized and killed Tavros trying to make him stronger, gets to be redeemed and everyone loves her.

John and Rose do a fair amount of bitching about their parents, but when you look at their traumas it becomes kindof clear that Dave's situation is objectively more fucked up.

An annoying overexposure to cake and misinterpreting your drunk-ass mom's weirdness are kinda different from what Bro did. Dad and Roxy/Mom were definitely cuckoo, but we never see them actively beat the snot out of their kids for "training", or expose them to weird puppet porn shit, or any of that.

Grandpa Harley is implied to be a dick when he's alive (especially if you read all the backstory Hussie posted), he just wasn't around long enough to raise Jade poorly (except for that part where he wasn't paying attention to Jade playing with two guns as she almost kills herself).

You are right that Bro does get kindof a bad rap compared to Vriska. People are quick to point out all the ways Vriska was influenced by malicious parties (Doc Scratch, her society, Spidermom), but Bro being in constant, direct proximity to the most evil influence in existence is totally overlooked.

Sorry for the wall of text.

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

Attached: Untitled-1.gif (498x280, 1.51M)

Do all the characters we meet in Hiveswap die off to meteors eventually?

Anybody else feels cheated by the whole "pages have lots of potential"?
Both pages are presented as pathetic losers who have to grow in order to achieve their full potential but neither ever does. Everyone mentions the potential of pages but it's only shown when someone else forces it, we never see it being used by a fully developed page. The story hypes up Jake like he's gonna achieve greatness and be almost on par with Lord English, but he never does, which I think is why he ended up being such a shit character, just like Tavros

unless we get some statement otherwise yeah. that is the inevitable conclusion.

Jake apparently beats the shit out of Caliborn, and we see some of his power when Aranea awakens it, but it's still not satisfying.

So are you saying that your expectations were subverted?

Not all subversion is good storytelling

Tavros and Jake both do great things at the end, just in kinda weird ways.

Tavros, more or less on his own, inspires an army (that is at least in the thousands) to take the fight to Lord English and save all of reality. No mind control, no gimmicks.

We see in Caliborn's Masterpiece that Jake is the first person to actually knock fully powered up Caliborn on his ass.

I think the twist with pages is that people (both in and out of story) believe they need to "become totally different people" or evolve in some dramatic and fundamental way to be great, when the real moral, as corny as it sounds, is that being their weenieboy selves is usually the best way to realize that potential.

It's a blink and you'll miss it moment, but Tavros saves Meenah's ass in the [S] Collide flash.

But user that can't be true. If it was that would mean that the ending of Homestuck was bad.

It successfully subverted our expectation of getting a good ending.

Nah, they all went back to her!

Attached: 1539634718272.jpg (1280x1259, 389K)

>I think the twist with pages is that people (both in and out of story) believe they need to "become totally different people" or evolve in some dramatic and fundamental way to be great, when the real moral, as corny as it sounds, is that being their weenieboy selves is usually the best way to realize that potential.

The characters would still change, they would grow from the realization that they don't have to be anything but themselves. We don't see that much growth tho. Jake keeps being whiny and insecure and Tavros stays a kissass without iniciative (even the one ghost Tavros that gathers the army proceeds to submit to Meenah anyway)

Also the two instances you mention are never fully shown to us.
How does Tavros gather the army?
When and how does Jake finally get ahold of the power that beats Caliborn?

>When and how does Jake finally get ahold of the power that beats Caliborn?
it happens here

Actually both Jake and Tavros seem to be intuitively on the right track before other parties conclude that they're "not growing fast enough" and try to speed things up, thereby fucking up everything.

Tavros was talented at communicating with beasts and already using that power to great effect, leading a huge army of Imps and Ogres in their Sgrub session until Vriska decided she was bored.

Jake's most useful hope skills (Making Brain Ghost Dirk) and using his Hope Bubble to beat Caliborn, are done because he wants them to be done, not at the behest of someone else.

Touché, tho it's kinda unsatisfying

They turned to her for battle strategy because (Terezi decided) they needed her.

Vriska and Karkat each have half of a great leader in them.

>unsatisfying
le subversion and all that we see the battle from caliborns perspective (and shitty clay animation) its supposed be unsatisfying

I think this actually a really good example though. Tavros giving the army to Meenah, of his own free will, and in fact choosing to abstain from a duel or buying it or whatever weird shit Meenah proposed, is a pretty good indication that while Tavros is still a bit of a buttboy, but he didn't sell himself out, or completely undermine who he was at his core (a very nice dweeb), to do what he did.

>H-heh, I made it lame and boring on purpose! I'm the best author!

>I can't tell if you intentionally misread my post or what, and that reaction image isn't really helping.
ḭ͖̫͉̼͖̫̗̖͓̹ͣ̌̉ͨͤ͘ͅͅţ̴̰̖̳̬͈̬͙͔̳̱̻͉̘̠̇̓͒̂ͯ̆̏ͬͬͪͪ̍͒ͨ̑ͦ́̕ş̘̩̰͂̊̆ͣ̌̃͐̈́͒̍̀ ͕̮͔̯̙͗͗͋̾̊̂ͪ̿̉ͯ̂͘ä̴͖̖̖͓̺̭͎̝̹̪̮͇͉͇͎̩̺͍́̊̽̈̔̑̋̔ͨ̏ͭ͑͒ͣͨͦ̌́̚͜l̛̖̬̥̤͔͖̥͔ͦ̇̑͑́̕͜͜r̨̛̹̣̟̤̺͖̦͚̙̭͕̩͙̙̭ͬ͑̐ͩ̀͢è̴̩̭̮̮̹̬̯̠̫̗͇̠̱̰͒̽̔͊͒̀ͮ̏̔͋̆͊ͩ̇͐̉̀͜a̶͔͙̯̖̜̺̪͔̼̪̋̏͒̾ͤ͋̈̍̌ͨ́͘ͅḑ͈̗͚̠̦͈̼̙̱̣̟͔̤̬̹͎͚͌ͮ̇ͭͯ̋̌̽͊̒ͩ̂ͦ̀͜͞ͅy̨̼̩̗͍͉͉̣̜͉͈͖̩͕̰̜ͫ̉̆̄ͩͯ͠ͅ ̴̞̝͉̬͎̫͖̞͎͍͔̬̃̄̔̑̌ͨ͛̎̀͢t̸̺͉̺̮ͮͪͭͧ͌͒͑͆̌́̐̉̄́͘͝ǒ̢̡̬̺̭̝̻̟͔̺͍͍̠̯̻̖̰̺͉̔̈͗̋ͦ̽͟͝͝ͅo̼͉͚̺̖̩̾̆͊ͮ͆̓̚͠͝ͅͅ ͚̻̩̹͗ͨͮ̉́̒̎̊̐ͦͯ͡͞l̡̮̯̤̤͍̔ͧ̃̿̇ͬ̃͛ͨ̆̆ͭ͢a̷̧͇̦̟̪̳̬͓̪̦̠̤͎̟̖͂͌ͬ͊̎͜t̸̘̼͖͕̙̙̟̫̻̍ͭ̿̀ę̴̞̹̠̦͙̘̟̃ͫ̍̄ͭ͒ͣ͂́̽ͪ͆̾̈́ͣ ̴̛̝̫̤͍̺̯͈̳̱̓̑̽͛ͤ̍̿ͫ̑̄͡ͅf̧̝͚̦̠͇̺̩̺̪̆̆̆̄̿̈̒͗̆ͪ́̀͟o̸̶̘̜̣̳͓̟͉̞̬̣̤͎͕̝̞͕̓͒ͧ̀̓͑͂͌͞ͅr͈͙͇̣̤̦̻͖͍̙̭ͭ͋̄͂̎́͢ͅͅ ̛̖̼̻̯͙̼̌ͤͯ͋̃̀ͪͦ̍͆̊́́́͞y̵̡̞̗͙̮͇̠̮̞̟̠̺̦̪͑̍͆̏̀͛͆͊̃͆̆̿̾̊́̀̚̚͜ǫ̵̳͔̟̭̹̦̱̰͍̗͙̱̊̄̍͛̃̕͞ͅȕ̸͉̠̼͎̬̭͉̹̩̗ͭ̿̎ͫ̊ͬ̑̓̒͗͊ͭ

Attached: its too late for you now.gif (650x650, 105K)

Best ship

Attached: 7A8E943E-EDA1-45C1-9BE0-64FD71C99E3B.jpg (411x411, 74K)

Attached: shipping chart.gif (650x650, 14K)

>The characters would still change, they would grow from the realization that they don't have to be anything but themselves

Tavros did, at least. It just wasn't a huge personality altering paradigm shift. Which makes sense. Tavros wouldn't shut-up about self-esteem and confidence and changing for practically the entire story. He finally gets some and, as it turns out, he's still Tavros at his core.

Self-esteem is about being happy with who you are, and respecting yourself. It would totally undermine the moral of his story for him to change into a totally different dude. The change is subtle on purpose.

Attached: 1550037320722.png (1218x840, 209K)

Made no sense.

WELL in this case its well done the battle is caliborns biggest failure why on earth would caliborn put effort into his biggest failure to be shown to all ya sure its his "master piece" but so is everything he's made

Someone has to cuck Karkat.

>S E E T H I N G

discord.gg/Dmn8Eg6

8/homosuck/ be gone

I'll concede on Tavros growth, but Jake is still terrible

i'm honestly kind of offended you think we're from 8shit

I think we can all agree with that.

Amen. Fuck that nerd.

jake is literally mentally retarded

Lets be honest, Vriska bullying Jake was fun

Something that bugged me about Homestuck: Wasn't Calliope the one who gave the bunny its weapons? Doesn't that mean she's responsible for Jack getting the ring? But they never bring it up. Seems weird since it's supposed to be Lord English behind everything.

Anyone bullying Jake is fun.

Homestuck is annoyingly vague about how exactly Jake got the weapons to send to Jade. Maybe Calliope wasn't directly responsible for that part.

homestuck.com/story/5015

So she helped him make the bunny because she saw that the bunny got made and wanted to insert herself into the story? Which is the same shit that Vriska and Caliborn did, except Calliope never gets called out for it.

>except Calliope never gets called out for it.
well ya thats because calliope is "perfect" and shitting on her would make "someone" mad

Who is this? Did I miss something?

(((shelby)))

>Vriska and Karkat each have half of a great leader in them
They should hold hands and kiss each other as a joke haha.

i like jasprosesprite^2

haha

Attached: IMG_7574.jpg (121x204, 9K)

In retrospect, those "years" of speculation were actually about a year and a half.

Attached: ohgodhandmaidgogetscratchigluedmyselftotheceiling.png (561x631, 37K)

Why was Karkat reduced to a comedy relief literal faggot?

>this thread is still up
how

Attached: CCF854FE-F6C6-4BC9-BBA5-082B7189C6DF.png (413x458, 113K)

Jannies are sometimes lenient with HS threads. Not always though.

Attached: 708d7563a85551824bb0917e5f32fe81.png (824x768, 156K)

Because there is no reason for Karkat to exist.

Do you want a good and edgy Karkat? Vriska exists.
Do you want a bad Karkat? Caliborn exists.

Hussie hated his good characters.

Vriska ruined Homestuck so I'll pass

Attached: 80E9E49D-23CD-402B-88B1-2D709B5AB782.png (700x980, 95K)

Attached: tumblr_mzqokm8IX71sh7m83o1_1280.png (1280x706, 529K)

Attached: B873D8E4-A341-417C-965F-2A9FF55406B5.jpg (202x607, 22K)

Fuck off homestucks

stay mad

Is it bad that I find Jake to be really relatable?

yes.

Are you a weenie?

What the fuck.

Attached: 1529302758919.png (568x433, 267K)

Vriska just needed a good dicking to calm her down

isn't that every homestuck girl?

quads confirm

I thought the fish lucus killed them

I mean, think about the remaining girls
Every single one of their emotional problems could be solved with a dicking.

I mean the whole thing with him ruining all his relationships by being an asshole

He ruins relationships because he's literally retarded, Hussie.

He's not retarded just socially awkward

No, he is actually retarded

Attached: heh.jpg (600x396, 54K)

Yeah sure autismo. He's still retarded.

Attached: bigtiddyjade1.png (686x630, 102K)

Attached: tumblr_nhy0f3v1PV1s0341yo1_1280.gif (650x450, 381K)

The 8est ship!!!!!!!!

And then it sank

Attached: best page.gif (650x650, 124K)