CAPTAIN MARVEL Spoilers

- Carol is a pilot recruited by Project Pegasus to test a “hyperspeed engine” developed by Dr. Wendy Lawson AKA Mar-Vell and powered by energy extracted from the Tesseract.

- Carol is attacked by the Skrulls and the engine explodes. She absorbs its energy before being rescued by Mar-Vell and taken to Hala by Yon-Rogg, where she is brainwashed into believing she is a Kree warrior whose powers come from an implant on her neck.

- Carol is captured by the Skrulls during a mission and Talos probes her mind for information on the Tesseract. Carol escapes and goes to Earth, where the Skrulls are hiding, and crosses paths with Nick Fury, who decides to help her.

- Talos masquerades as Fury’s boss and frames Fury for being a Skrull. SHIELD tracks Carol and Fury to Project Pegasus headquarters, but Coulson lets them escape.

- Carol believes that the Skrulls are bloodthirsty conquerors, and the Kree are noble warriors defending the galaxy from them, but slowly realizes the Kree have the conquerors and have been wiping out “lesser cultures” and exploiting their resources for centuries. They attacked the Skrulls first but the Skrulls have been able to fight back.

- The big twist is that Mar-Vell and Talos both defected and had been working together to harness the Tesseract’s energy in order to end the war. Carol was not attacked by the Skrulls, but by the Kree.

- Carol, Fury, Maria Rambeau and Talos team up to retrieve the Tesseract from Mar-Vell’s space station in Earth’s orbit, where Talos also reunites with his wife and daughter whom Mar-Vell had been protecting from the Kree, but Yon-Rogg and Ronan arrive with a Kree armada to retrieve the Tesseract and destroy the Skrulls on Earth.

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (1068x714, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VelleitySoft/status/1103008079124213760
twitter.com/AnonBabble

- Carol gets rid of the implant, unlocking her full powers, and destroys the Kree armada before confronting Yon-Rogg one last time in the desert and announcing she’s no longer under his control. The Kree are forced to retreat, and Carol gives Fury a pager to contact her if he needs help before leaving with Talos to continue Mar-Vell’s efforts to end the war.

- There is a running gag of Fury almost losing his eye in dangerous situations throughout the movie, only for Goose to unceremoniously scratch it off in the end.

- The film doesn't really have a main villain. The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power. It's all internal conflict.

- Talos is a lot fun and a total bro in the end, Yon-Rogg is okay but unremarkable, and most of his dialogue is exposition.

- Post-credits scene as previously reported (Endgame scene of Carol meeting up with the remaining Avengers and Goose barfing up the Tesseract in the 90's).

Attached: Problematic Fave.jpg (1280x718, 119K)

Sounds interesting, i look forward to Talos

Attached: 65768.png (1136x246, 59K)

We already have a thread like this.

>- There is a running gag of Fury almost losing his eye in dangerous situations throughout the movie, only for Goose to unceremoniously scratch it off in the end.

*pukes*

>Carol becomes buddies with a Skrull.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: Captain Murder.jpg (800x1238, 329K)

>Listening to a blue checkmark movie critique

Ill pass

>blue checkmark acting ironically gay

Why is this so common?

>- There is a running gag of Fury almost losing his eye in dangerous situations throughout the movie, only for Goose to unceremoniously scratch it off in the end.

Attached: giphy.gif (240x196, 3.43M)

>Dr. Wendy Lawson AKA Mar-Vell
Why?

>
Yeah so fuck Winter Soldier i guess is the takeway from this.

Amazing how the MCU can retroactively make their good movies worse, i didnt know that was possible

Attached: 1511321773902.png (337x334, 172K)

Attached: tumblr_pk3wbei7wd1vphk9to3_r1_540.gif (540x260, 2.59M)

You do realise that Nick Fury is a Skrull anyway

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

BREAKING LEAK JUST REVEALED:
Nobody will ever give a shit about Captain Marvel.

Attached: Captain Failure.jpg (776x4250, 711K)

>he says, with his 600th post in a Captain Marvel thread.

Of all the fucking things to turn into a joke in the MCU. Even Deadpool had the dignity to keep serious things serious.

Years ago I said Mar-Vell would be ignored or replaced by a Woman, because your "Wonder Woman" can't be inspired by a White Man!!

I need to hear more about Ronan and Coulson and Talos, I'm hyped for the wrong things about the movie I think, even the cat

>No mention of the Supreme Intelligence
DROPPED
>Carol being friends with a dirty Skrull
FAKE

Ronan is barely on it.
Coulson dissapears after the 1st act and returns at the end.
Talos is the best thing aparently.

But Talos can’t shapeshift? He’s a freak skrull who has super strength and durability but no shapeshifting abilities, why not use Paibok? Or some other skrull that can actually shapeshift?

Worse, Talos original backstory was much better than this.

Ronan looks so fly in his green armor. I love the Starforce Kree costumes in this movie if nothing else. I hope we get toys of all of them.

Attached: 7qc0hzz63k221.jpg (2476x2476, 657K)

>The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power
Wow, it's exactly what people here called me retarded for assuming from the ridiculously obvious trailers. Why do people keep pretending that modern trailers aren't just super condensed versions of their own movies?

They're not people, they're marvelcucks.
Whenever something marvel related, they lie and say that the finished product is completely different and amazing.
It obviously never is.

Attached: nu-Marvel.gif (800x800, 230K)

He used to look pure, then became the Nun after meeting Thanos

I must know about Blue Asian.

Attached: tumblr_plwubmJ2Mm1qbawp4o1_540.jpg (527x666, 75K)

Apparently she dies early in the movie with the rest of Starforce, only Carol, Yon-Rogg and Korath survive

If that's true then that's a fucking waste of a good character JFC

It's not.

Yeah. She might pop up again in a sequel though, she's a recurring villain in the comics.

I’m literally going to have to see this in order to believe it, you better not be fucking with me

Hopefully re-occurring. Fucking Ronan is back of all people, or the actress is back for a character in a future film

This reminds me of fucking Shadow the Hedgehog...... the Kree, Skrulls and Carol being a Kree too but turning on them

shit taste m8
Hopefully although seeing how they fucked up with Crossbones and other villains I won't hold my bretah.

>Mar-Vell is a woman

Why?

Because he's a pink male kree ciscum and only pink female kree ciscum matter.

Shang Chi

Ronan is still dead, he's only back for this because it's in the past.

Ronan is Starforce's commander. He appears in the beginning assigning their latest mission, and at the end commanding the Kree armada targeting Earth.

Coulson is Fury's partner and friend at SHIELD. They chase after Carol together at first, but Coulson gets wounded, forcing Fury to fly solo for a while. Coulson later gets the drop on Fury after he's framed for being a Skrull, but chooses to trust him and let him go.

Talos is /ourguy/, a family man who wants to end the Kree-Skrull war through peaceful means. He's a square-cut stoic bureaucrat in his human SHIELD persona, but a fun-loving boisterous bro in his natural Kree form, and he has an Australian accent to boot.

The Supreme Intelligence is an A.I. connected to all Kree and which manifests itself as someone different to each different Kree. She appears to Carol as Mar-Vell, whom Carol mistakenly assumes is her mother due to her memory loss. Yon-Rogg is very devout to the Supreme Intelligence and its "subjugate inferior cultures" mentality, and they work their hustle to keep Carol under their control together. In the end it tries to communicate with Super-Sayan Carol and sway her back to the Kree side, but Carol tells it to fuck right off.

She's Starforce's sniper and dislikes Carol because she's butthurt Yon-Rogg is paying more attention to Carol than her. She gets BTFO'd with the rest of Starforce, but doesn't die.

>The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power. It's all internal conflict.

Typical female cop out where her insecurities are not facing them rationally or maturity are the problem here and we're not talking about the characters in the movie...

Females literally care about nothing but their own emotional stimuli.

>Shang Chi
???
>She gets BTFO'd with the rest of Starforce, but doesn't die.
Cool, thanks

Not having a focused antagonist sounds stupid as fuck. I know most of the MCU's villains are kind of weak, but this just sounds like a mess narrative wise. It's not hard to sell or "fix" Carol Danvers, Marvel. All you had to fucking do here and in your books is keep her a struggling alcoholic

Attached: Carol Drinks Heavily.png (900x675, 487K)

How female of you to react that way.

>literally retconning Mar-Vell out of the entire Marvel universe because muh feminism

Attached: 1402777694201.png (750x816, 27K)

How does Who? (korath) turn evil, does it show that

bruh look at this dude...

Attached: 4ADE32D9-A058-40FF-A46C-4F08F94518FA.jpg (607x506, 65K)

I've never seen a character so forced into mediocrity through trying to be over-appealing.

This needs to be updated with the latest failure. What's it called again? "Braver and Mightier?"

Lee Pace as Ronan might be the most misused actor/character in the entire MCU. What a waste.

I never considerd this, most people don't even know how its spelled

Attached: 87654.png (1192x295, 62K)

Dunno...

Attached: 1546611326843.png (1000x1428, 453K)

Hey Kyle, read a fucking book.

Isn't that one a one-shot?

Guess he missed At-Lass. Isn't there some flavor of Dee-Si in the comics as well or am I misremembering?

Mar-Vell was always a stupid ass name. One of the worst Stan Lee came up with.

I mean, DC stands for Detective Comics. So the running gag is their company is called Detective Comics Comics.

I bet they're a white incel.

I love Mar-Vell but he's not wrong, still that's part of the charm of the silly kree names and it's a fricking comic book movie.

My reaction is illogical and completely based on how much I want others to approve of me and find me to be pretty, strong and secure in myself as a person above actual being these things?

Cause that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm always saying. The feminist chanting about powerful fictional role models is only her own inability to deal with her insecurities in reality. That statement of not having a villain reflects female thinking or rather feeling on the subject.

A villain to be is conflict resolution. Females don't resolve conflicts, rather they encourage them so they can continue benefiting from dramatic victimhood from it.

>Mar-Vell was always a stupid ass name.
Not as bad as Car-Rel

No, DC stands for Detective Chimp.

>Implying it is not Dick Cheese

Don't you have kitchens to go and sandwiches to make?

I meant a Kree name. I swear I remember a DC pun in some book. Maybe it was Englehart's Silver Surfer.

Don't you have a sense of humor and reading comprehension to develop? You're trolling is subpar too.

It's not as bad because Mar-Vell, as stupid as it sounds, was a Silver Age name and it was something writers cam up with quickly since they were rushing a comic to try and claim the trademark for the "Captain Marvel" name that was up for grabs. It's obvious they did not give a fuck and Colan (who is considered a co-creator of Mar-Vell) didn't like him and even admitted his name was dumb.

Car-El has no excuse other than Stohl being a shit unimaginative writer. She could have at least gone with Kah-Rohl if she wanted to keep a Kree naming convention for Carol or make up a new name.

FUCKING SKRULL PROPAGANDA!!! THOSE BASTARDS KILLED MY SISTER!

You need to calm down sweetie.

Eh, is that Hillary Clinton?

The Mar-Vell thing was just a quick and dirty way to justify an alien having the superhero name Captain Marvel.

I know, this is the most insulting thing if true.

Has it really been 7 years? How long are they going to try this failed experiment?

FUCK, you know people are going to praise this cause "Colonialism" metaphor!

I can't believe they wasted based Jude on this.

How female of you to react that way to the way user reacted.

Based Wormwood poster.

Yeah, they're trying to make the Skrulls sympathetic. Unreal.

The whole movie is one giant “Scrounge up anything we can to give Carol a story” fishing expedition. Almost everything is aped from Mar-Vell/Genis-Vell shit but with no actual story base, on top of having to explain Carol’s origin. Of course it’s all over the place.

Are you spic or something? Because that's some stupid spic meme.

Captain Dea-Sea

>the main villain of the first female starring MCU flick is people telling the woman she's not strong and independent and don't need no man

You can't make this shit up

The most interesting thing about this whole thing is that it ironically reveals how different men and women are psychologically. The concept of the hero's journey that's omnipresent in our fiction doesn't resonate with women. It never did. Women don't want to learn and grow and change and overcome like men do. What men see as a "Mary Sue" is exactly what women want from a fantasy: they want to be seen as inherently good and perfect. Their qualities are not earned or learned, they are innate. Maybe they have to discover them in some way, but growth for these characters is always about restoring what's rightfully theirs, not earning something new.

And with that understanding, I'm okay with dropping the "Mary Sue" derogative. Women should have the kinds of stories they like too.

But what it means is that a story made to appeal to women will never appeal to men, or vice versa. Which means corporations in the business of spending billions making movies have some choices they need to make.

But women don't like Captain Marvel either.
Nobody likes Captain Marvel.

That’s not women though, that’s Hollywood and sheltered celebrities’ interpretation of a strong woman. In almost backwards fashion, Hollywood is obsessed with women being automatically the smartest and strongest because anything below that is considered weak. A woman has to be able to beat your ass or be the best at something in order to be considered competent.

You might be right. My fiancee borrowed a few Carol comics and couldn't get into it. She's big on She-Hulk and Jessica Jones but Carol ain't doing it for her

Carol literally spent decades with no actual story or character beyond “Gave Rogue powers,” “Fucked her own son,” and “Mar-Vell’s gf.”

Because most women aren't insane feminazis who feel obligated to like a character because they have a vagina, any more than you are I would start clapping autistically at a terrible character just because they have a dick.

What more do you expect from a character created for no other reason than to secure a lapsed trademark? Not even the writers tasked with writing Mar-Vell liked or cared about him.

It's not really true. Talos and the Skrulls are the antagonists for most of the movie, then we get the twist and Yon-Rogg and the Kree take over. It's pretty basic reversal stuff.

No. But he's a diehard Kree fanatic, only below Ronan and Yon-Rogg. I might be wrong but I do think he gets appropriately fucked up in the end to require the prosthetics he sports in GotG.

Skrulls are still dicks, though.

Only thing that matters: Goose lives?

The only reason I'd been able to come up with for the name change was foreshadowing that it was getting killed.

why else would they go from 'best possible copilot' to 'guy only remembered for dying'

>Goose lives?

Yes.

They simply didn't want Star Wars references in it and a Top Gun reference made sense for the 90's setting.

Top Gun came out in the 80s though.

Close enough.

OF course this shit movie has to crap on the best MCU movie. These leaks actually tell me the movie is worse then I thought it was going to be and that's impressive.

OP is Reddit shit, go back

You're kind of right. Women have a preferred story arc along the lines of "Woman is part of a group/friendship, woman does something the group doesn't approve of and gets rejected, she talks about the issue with other friends, and then the conflict is discussed and resolved." You can see it plainest in reality TV shows.

What's interesting, though, is you can actually intertwine this story arc with a hero's journey relatively easily. Deadpool, for instance, was reasonably successful at it (Wilson meets girl, they form a group with a specific dynamic, he gets cancer and breaks the dynamic to treat it, and then he works with friends to restore the dynamic) and Deadpool did surprisingly well with women at the box office as well.

>Talos masquerades as Fury’s boss and frames Fury for being a Skrull. SHIELD tracks Carol and Fury to Project Pegasus headquarters, but Coulson lets them escape.

Tired of this trope.

>There is a running gag of Fury almost losing his eye in dangerous situations throughout the movie, only for Goose to unceremoniously scratch it off in the end.

Jesus that's fucking god-awful

>GIRL POWER the movie

No self-respecting male should ever watch this.

As the rare person that really liked Ronan in GotG will I at least be pleased with his scenes? Does he still have the same zealous intensity to his character?

He's a little more subdued and regal, but yeah.

What a great role model

The Mark of the Beast is one hell of a drug.

Holy shit, did I find the one other guy who liked Ronan?

LMAO

Attached: 1434338592211.jpg (200x235, 17K)

I guess it was too much to hope that Fury losing his eye would be a massive red herring and it wouldn't happen at all

Blame the stupid old man then faggot.

Oh wait he's fucking dead already. Guess you missed your chance stupid idiot.

They're so desperate to make her into Wonder Woman. It's just sad.

>There is a running gag of Fury almost losing his eye in dangerous situations throughout the movie, only for Goose to unceremoniously scratch it off in the end.

Attached: C6C89A72-B85E-4217-BF02-4B167EA41C2F.jpg (680x1020, 67K)

>The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power

Attached: 1368857955288.jpg (650x457, 286K)

>would start clapping autistically at a terrible character just because they have a dick.
It isn't because this nigger has range

Attached: ryan-gosling.jpg (2000x1334, 346K)

She's just been in space the past couple decades? I was expecting something more elaborate. I guess Kree magic is keeping her young?

Are you trying to tell me the hollywood jews literally made a plotline about a subversive invasive species that pretends to be the eternal victim and brainwashes people into acting against their own species' interests (and put it in a movie that they know only braindead sjw-types will watch and enjoy because wymyn strongk) just to laugh at us all and rub it in our faces?
Incredible

>fanboys is dead forever

You guys attacked my post. This is stupid trolling. You troll the person, get your reaction and then try to pretend the reaction, no matter what is it, is over-emotional or wrong.

I've been around this block for a fucking miserable decade newfag. You subconsciously copy tatics from other retards and you're not even aware of it.

How come you don't get attacked and I do? It's fucking stupid no matter how you try to slice it.

>>The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power

Attached: 1185987628164.jpg (400x300, 13K)

if a character has no flaws then they are a bad character.

Don't get emotional honey.

Christ this all sounds horrible. This isn't a hero movie this is a fucking comedy shitfest like female ghostbusters.

>>The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power

Attached: 1422502335964.jpg (800x601, 263K)

Anyone have the webm of this pic?

I think it might be worse.
I'm not sure if it's shitposting, shilling, or someone earnestly being retarded, but I don't remember the constant "UHM NO SWEATY INCEL YOU HATE WOMEN" posts when it came to Ghostbusters.

so carol is part of the house of El?

fuck carol and fuck shitty writers

>another plot centered around retrieving the tesseract after 2 whole films(cap tfa and avengers1) centered around the same thing

Why is nobody upset at this?

There was, but not at Captain Marvel levels. If anything it was just a shitty film going "Lolgirlpower we're so funny!". Also didn't help that they did a fucking photo shoot in a children hospital with the fucking zoned out kid in the back.

I have no problem with it. After what the Skull did with it in the 40's you don't think the Americans wouldn't try and weaponize it? It also does well of tying things together.

Do you also like Ronan or am I just a rare entity?

muh wahmens empowerment
little girls need this
etc

Everyone's gonna forget about Goose once Patty Jenkins introduces Kanga in WW1984

Attached: Sky_kanga.png (1200x1389, 786K)

Ronan is more 1 dimensional than the asgard robot from thor 1.

Because I actually like it when they logically follow up on things in a setting's timeline? It would make sense that SHIELD would be experimenting on an alien MacGuffin that essentially provides infinite power and is responsible for a bunch of unexplained phenomenon. I mean Howard Stark based the Arc Reactor on the damn thing, why would they stop trying to squeeze what they could out of it?

you can make a female hero girls can look up to that also isnt written like shit. Giving a character real flaws that they work to overcome makes them even more relatable.

>- The film doesn't really have a main villain. The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power. It's all internal conflict.
Really? This sounds like an uber-feminist care bear special

Attached: 1551387474848.jpg (488x411, 100K)

The best part is it’ll get a shit ton of praise and probably 95% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I love how suddenly negative reaction is evil women haters, who apparently were on holiday when Wonder Woman came out.

I wouldn't say one-dimensional. He's like a petulant child; Thanos even says as much during their first conversation. He's acting out and stomping around to show how big he is, when in reality he's definitely putting on a front. He keeps it up for so long, taking every opportunity to prove how badass and evil he is, and the payoff is all in the dance-off. He finally cracks just a little when Quill starts dancing. The way he delivers "What are you doing...?" is so genuine it's perfect. For that one single line, he isn't putting on the bravado and it's perfect.

The did this already with Wasp/Hope Van Dyne

Why are diversity cultists always so creepy?

Attached: it was... everything... .jpg (719x1856, 241K)

>little girls need this
I genuinely feel bad for the kids this movie is going to turn out. The smart ones will be bored and the stupid ones will think Carol is just punchy fist Harley.

Because its racism in such a way it justifies everything they do. It objectifies people and dismisses them in all but the most shallowest ways.

they did this with every character.so far because that's how you make a character more interesting. also the wasp was a decent character.

>in the MCU timeline the Kree were the real villains all along and Skrulls the wronged party
>Thor was right about humans being on the cusp of rivalling Asgard as a power
It’s a shame everything else drives me away from watching. Those are some legitamitely interesting ideas

Uhhhhh I thought her cat was named chewie

some one explain the barfing up the tesseract? do they show another scene with Carol meeting the avengers then go back in time of Goose barfing up the tesseract?

because they are all about their ego. they remind me of "bible thumpers" who would go see the passion of the christ. Each have their own moral code they wanna shove in peoples faces.

>It was everything

Attached: 1514580340412.png (637x631, 18K)

More context?

>- The film doesn't really have a main villain. The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power. It's all internal conflict.

Attached: 62LF5Lt.jpg (236x235, 12K)

So its gonna be like a typical shonen protagonist going above their "limit" stuff uh?

Where’s Coulson in this? I had hoped he was given a more prominent role

- There is a running gag of Fury almost losing his eye in dangerous situations throughout the movie, only for Goose to unceremoniously scratch it off in the end.
>Goose barfing up the Tesseract in the 90's
You have to be fucking shitting me. I thought these were the "too dumb to be true" leaks and yet - holy crap. But what else to expect from Kevin "I love JMS' run so much that I'll turn Aunt May finding out Peter's secret into a joke" Feige.

Attached: 1529134333127.jpg (231x218, 6K)

Lol it's already been leaked
twitter.com/VelleitySoft/status/1103008079124213760

Maybe they need to finally drop the overly angry rage-filled sadistic asshole aspect to her character they invented around 2006-ish. It doesn't seem to be attracting a lot of fans no matter how hard they double down with it.

I remember 90s Carol being a lot more of a Hal Jordan fly into it face first and get knocked around because she never once thought to come up with a plan, type. Civil War Carol is just not likable at all. Why do they keep using her in everything?

Attached: 47789ae05ecd807ae4946593f4173fda98bb25f83a7a88cd8a34009582a4b738_1.jpg (800x614, 91K)

They make some weird thing about skrulls making superskrulls much more often in this. Talos is one of them

He was banned from the cineplex for bringing a camera into the theatre. wasen't he.

> running gag
> "main villain"

Modern feminism was a mistake.

>The film doesn't really have a main villain. The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power. It's all internal conflict.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

They could have grabbed Minerva or Moonstone for a quick villain. MCU is always unwilling to have a villain, or make them outright evil for some reason. They have to be sympathetic, fake, or just appears bad at a first glance kind of thing.

Why do female characters never get cool villains? They're either losers, bland as fuck or non-existent.

>The film doesn't really have a main villain. The "villain" is the idea that people keep on telling Carol that she is less capable than she really is, and her arc is overcoming that and embracing her true power. It's all internal conflict.
Okay this has been quoted to death but, I do have a question regarding this: is this more or less explicitly stated by the film itself or is this just the leaker's interpretation?

Because, it sounds like there absolutely IS a villain in the movie: it's Yon-ragg/Ronan/the Supreme Intelligence

Marvel fans tend to freak the fuck out if you point out how weird it is that the character is wearing the company name

Because they are pushing a belief system that is nonsensical.

Leaker's interpretation, mostly because there is no boss fight. The final battle is Carol destroying Ronan's bombers and then taking down Yon-Rogg with one shot and telling him to fuck off Earth.

Maybe the real villain is all the fans Marvel lost along the way. :)

Attached: (you).gif (128x128, 151K)

>pray for paris avatar in 2019
what happened this time?

This is one thing that's bothering me.
It was implied in Winter Soldier it was to do with Pierce, and yet it's to do with the damn cat instead?

You can tell he's a fucking moron who only cares about patting himself on the back. Why a black kid? Miles is mixed race. Why didn't he watch a Puerto Rican kid, or a afro-latino kid? Because that blue check cuck doesn't care about Miles, his background, or people of color. He just cares about looking "woke", and sees Miles as nothing more than a black kid who can push his agenda.

Wouldn't be the first or last time either.
Ben Kingsley as Mandarin was perfect and they did... that.

>It was implied in Winter Soldier it was to do with Pierce

No, it wasn't.

In the movie they said he lost his eye when he was betrayed by someone he trusted, an event that turned him into the paranoid with hidden agendas motherfucker who didn't trust anyone he was during the Winter Soldier.

Of course, if it was just the cat, it will completely shatter all the drama regarding Fury's character on that movie

tl;dr this stupid fucking movie will ruin one of the best parts of one of the best movies the MCU has. Fucking great.

or maybe he was still betrayed by someone he trusted, an event that turned him into the paranoid with hidden agendas motherfucker who didn't trust anyone he was during the Winter Soldier, he just didnt lose his eye that way.

Anyone else notice the next Men in Black movie has Thor and Black Valkyrie in it

>>They changed Mar-Vell into a wahman scientist for literally no reason other than muh feministsm??
>YEAH WELL MAR-VELL WAS A STUPID NAME!!!
They still used the name, dummy.
The name isn't the point.

in TWS he says he lost his eye in that betrayal though.

The real villain was all the WHITE MEN she killed.

Carol used to have actual flaws. She was a (non fetish) sadist, and alcoholic, along with having an inferiority complex a mile wide. Naturally, they removed all those flaws when they decided to push her down our throats because they wanted a wonder woman and a role model.

>Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.
So basically, he trusted a fucking cat? Way to go Marvel. All the gravitas from that scene, lost for the sake of a soulless, walking fungus.

beats saying he lost it to a fucking cat
i kinda doubt he really did lose it to the cat, winter soldier aside, losing an eye to a cat is really lame

You can’t have a woman look up to a man dummy, that would be misogyny. You could never make a movie about a patriarchal elite force of space soldiers led by Mar-Vell. You could never have Mar-Vell trust a woman with his title and powers. The woman could never be uncertain of herself as she does her best to try and fill in the shoes of her idol as her peers ridicule her. You could never make her overcome her insecurities and accept/embody the power and responsibility of her title while winning the respect of her peers in the end. That movie would be too relatable and interesting. You can’t do that.

>Women don't want to learn and grow and change and overcome like men do.
Did you really post this on Yea Forums of all places?

Attached: 1542603157086.jpg (429x410, 26K)

I think the only correct solution is to ignore this movie and everything it brings.

Diversity, probably.

There's also the fact Nick Fury has a picture with Pierce when he was already bald and had both eyes so either he loses all his hair during the movie as well or we're full in retcon city.

Are you lost?
This isn't tumblr.

Are you really this lacking in self-awareness?

No, but it sounds like you are.

Do you understand words? Are you able to read sentences and convey their meaning in your head?

Yes, and the stereotypically dumb shit women watch tends to be different from the stereotypically dumb shit men watch.

>Women don't want to learn and grow and change and overcome like men do.

This is correct though.

Nobody said anything about your embarrassing, anecdotal generalizing shit spewing. Take some reading comprehension classes.

[citation required]

not him but let me help:
what the other guy was saying is that people that want to " learn and grow and change and overcome" are probably not going to be found wasting their waking hours on a dying image board themed to a dying medium

And yet, here both of you are.

Who the hell is Maria Rambeau? Monica's mom or something? I'd watch the shit out of a Nextwave animated movie.

Attached: nextwaveelvis.jpg (1006x768, 259K)

Nice try inverse shill.people aren’t hating this move because a woman is in a leading role, they hate it because it appears to sacrifice writing for agenda. Plenty of female reviewers are calling it shit for this very reason.

It sounds like you're just projecting, and also doesn't sound like what he meant, since he keeps getting pissy over the fact that men and women tend to like different movies, or at the very least, different aspects of movies.

Did you respond to the wrong post?
Nobody gives a shit that it's a "female lead". Not even women give a shit that it's a "female lead". I don't know if the movie itself has an "agenda" or not; it just looks like shit, and it's looked like shit even before the main actor went psycho on social media.

I fucking hate what they did to Mar-Vell.
It's not because she's a woman, but because he's now a nobody scientist who dies within the first minutes of the film.

Attached: mar-vell-captain-marvel.jpg (700x390, 143K)

MarVell could have been a great goofy callback to classic cosmic marvel.

Attached: nddfivjxadk21.png (720x419, 439K)

That was quick.

Oпa, Пимтeх eбeт, apaбы тoжe кcтa

New home on the moon?

>The Skrulls are just misunderstood victims of oppression
Are you fucking shitting me?

It is correct in a way that "most women (and men) don't want to learn and grow and change and overcome like some men (and women) do"

That had nothing to do with that post, user. The very specific mention of self-awareness should have made it obvious.

see

i just explained what the guy said, i never said i agree with him

Skrulls are people too. Don't be racist.

So the tesseract randomly gives superpowers now?

I guess that goes with the mind stone giving powers.

>food analogies

underrated

Her Endgame suit looks nice

Attached: 65787.jpg (720x383, 22K)

The tesseract is an Infinity Stone, so there is that. It also depends on whose wielding it. It did give Loki mind control abilities (mind stone in sceptre), and the Guardians did use it to kill Ronan.

Also, both the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were the result of experimentation with the Mind Stone.

Skrulls dindu nuffin. Just like Islam.

Wow they didn't even do how she gets her powers right

This is very clearly a joke account

You never can tell these days. Poe's Law is in full effect.

What's the difference?

I legit always viewed the Skrulls as Islam during Secret Invasion.

wait what happened in Paris

What didn't happen in Paris?

...so is she supposed to be 20 years older in that scene?

>Skrulls aren't as much assholes as the Kree are
>We won't ever get a Secret Invasion movie
Fuck the mcu tho

Don't you see? They're searching for a new home in the movie, it's a good setup. Unless the adaptation is that they become powerful after being persecuted for years that now they want to retaliate against everyone.

I don't care anymore.

No, fuck you. Moonstone deserves better than being a one-dimensional villain which is all this shit film would've reduced her to. I'd rather Karla be introduced as a proper psychologist and played straight before turning her to evil. She'd just be Electro 2 if she were thrust into Captain Marvel as it is.

And with the disastrous way Carol has been handled for the better part of a decade I'd sooner keep Karla fucking far away from her. She already jobbed in like two pages during that awful Lifetime movie mini series that recently ended.

Well, if you have that, do you have the FURY scene?

This. Car-El is much, much worse.