Bendis poor sales shows that aging him up quickly was a utter disaster

Bendis poor sales shows that aging him up quickly was a utter disaster

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzgvMjYyL29yaWdpbmFsL0pvbktlbnQuanBn.jpg (770x1180, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2019/03/03/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-3rd-march-2019-much-more-of-an-even-split-between-marvel-and-dc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't like that look Diana gives him

Attached: 1529169396376.jpg (550x550, 43K)

I would give him the same look to be honest.

>muh comfy shota

>Bendis poor sales shows that aging him up quickly was a utter disaster
Man, I have no clue what DC was thinking of hiring Bendis, do they not go on the internet or something? Dude is fucking poison and just full of gimmicks

Well he’s only one of the reasons why the run is shit. In Jon’s case it’s fucking stupid because it’s robbing him of 7 years worth of character development, and expecting the reader to instantly accept a brand new character entirely. Bendis is also too stupid to realize that, get this, Jon might have issues readjusting and relating to people like Damian

And then you get buttmad when you get called a pedophile...

Attached: 16D396FA-E3A5-49B1-9165-164BFB3F8CA2.jpg (990x3000, 540K)

N-no it's not about th-that it was wholesome he was like my own future son I'll have and love one day and Superman was like what I wish my dad would of said to me oh God bendis is cancwr

>>muh comfy shota
>>muh comfy Black

I just want a comfy superfam ongoing, Yea Forums. That's all I ask

Attached: 1547667388777.jpg (900x900, 303K)

But I don't. It's just that I prefer the term shotafag.

Or a cute Superdaughters

Attached: D0FgA_tVAAIr0Jq.jpg (616x875, 82K)

Likewise

Attached: C5202D50-70D0-4E46-8271-3514610BCBFA.jpg (500x708, 60K)

Attached: D0FgBl_UUAA5evO.jpg (616x875, 70K)

Bendis is the disaster.

>>muh comfy shota
Jason Todd and his shota fetish .

Attached: RCO003.jpg (1019x1600, 361K)

After a few years have Cir and Helena come in, age up Kara into Power Girl, have Cir wear Jon’s old Super Suit as a handmedown

Attached: FE0F9D63-79DF-414A-BF6B-AE88D96F7D64.jpg (500x750, 91K)

Yes, fire Bendis and print a literal written apology for ever publishing his garbage.

Attached: 2db4dd28-5cff-475b-a154-e9c434673fb4.jpg (1240x1754, 546K)

Don't forget that Tom King already ruined Batman anf Catwoman.

Give the run back to Tomasi/Gleason, instantly whips up a "It was all a dream of what may be" retcon.

i can just imagine clark swooping-in any time that zipper slides down even the tiniest bit

Outside of Stephfag (millernumber1) everyone loved Tomasi's run.

Tomasi wasn't a big name and didn't have a marketing push anything in the shadow of what Bendis had, but still pound for pound sold better and retained readership better.

Yes
De-age Jon Kent
Lois and Clark go back to being a normal married couple to raise their son.

It not that hard.

better yet; the returned lois and aged up jon are fakes made by jor-el

Fucking want THIS!

Even better: Make all of Bendis's run a nightmare caused by reading through Jon's edgy "Marlel" comic book collection written by "Ben*is."

They were probably thinking listening to you antisemites in Yea Forums isn’t the best business model

Make a event with Time Trapper. Everything since Bendis come do DC is deleted, HiC, fake Bat marriage and a few other things so people won't say this event was created to spill on B*nd*s work .

It puts everyone in a tough spot if you think about it. Simply erasing everything Bendis has done is extremely antisemetic, there’s no doubt about that. I specially when you are giving the book “back” to Tomasi. However, why do semites have such a big problem with normal married couples having a son? Why did that Semite feel he had to destroy that family?

No it doesn't. Characters get jerked around all the time. Besides I'm in favor of actually doing the hard work to fix Jon and the marriage, instead of a cop out like all just a dream.

Jon needs to be reset and deaged.

how could we have Chris and Jon both as characters?

You could have it where Lor is getting bored being on Jekkul and decides to go to earth to mess with the El family. Lor gets here and spy’s on them realizing that the Els care about each other unlike his Father and Mother who only really care about power. In a fit of Jealousy he takes his frustration out on Jon and they have a big brawl, Jon manages to convince Lor to calm down and they just end up talking. In the end Lor flies off and leaves Jon. Next scene we see is Jon at school and The teacher is introducing a new kid to the class, Jon’s cousin Chris Kent

From another thread:

bleedingcool.com/2019/03/03/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-3rd-march-2019-much-more-of-an-even-split-between-marvel-and-dc/

>One retailer says:

>>Another five-five split between Marvel and DC, but this time Marvel took first place with Fantastic Four, beating out Heroes in Crisis. The other big surprise was the fall of Action Comics, which came in ninth place in our store, maintaining its top ten position by only four copies. We’re now selling Action and Superman at below pre-Bendis levels as readers comment that this doesn’t seem like their Superman any more.

Poor DC.

>Simply erasing everything Bendis has done is extremely antisemetic,

Dumbass, his stupid retcons for Venom were modified or erased after he left.

>bendis brings back kon
>but also ages up jon
You were so close Bendis. SO CLOSE!

>I'm in favor of actually doing the hard work to fix Jon and the marriage, instead of a cop out like all just a dream.
>Jon needs to be reset and deaged.
make your fucking mind.

Attached: Superman Birthright 7.jpg (1041x1600, 277K)

They could do so much with Jon and Damian but they don't want to.

Attached: DTJPiDdVAAA6_XB.jpg (1200x1186, 286K)

In modern canon she is hundreds years young, what difference couple decades make to her?
Besides se is from Old Greek S o c i e t y

Attached: Wonder mommy and Batman.jpg (720x1280, 194K)

Superman isn't allowed to be too happy, much like Batman. He just smiles in spite of it, while Batman broods.

Get out of here, Didio.

what a waste of dubs and trips

Attached: These People.png (249x281, 89K)

Cute

b-but all of you niggas will be apologizing to him a year into his run!

Be wary of oneesans, Jon!

Source?

Heres the thing, Bendis has a lot of friends in the industry, and he's very good at making new friends. I can only surmise that he's extremely likeable in person, which is why he has so many connections. He's the supreme networker. But as far as talent goes, he gave up over a decade ago. Sadly, talent isn't a requirement in the current industry.

HOLY MOLLY

Bendis couldn't help aging up quickly, he's got serious health problems

But how can super-shota be wrong? Is he a top or bottom though?

And look how ill-advised that proved to be.

Default top

>Jon
>being anything other than the greatest of tops
Supes would be very disappointed if he were anything else.

By fix Jon I mean something like rescue him at a younger age via time travel and find a way to work through whatever Secret Id shenanigans we need to. Fix a bad story with a good story, not press a button and pretend things didn't happen.

Only if he ends up de-aging Jon.

>Fix a bad story with a good story, not press a button and pretend things didn't happen.
What you're proposing is basically just pressing a button and pretending things didn't happen.

@uluzcutieswards on twitter

Attached: 0304-094313.jpg (720x658, 220K)

From one point view I suppose, but what I'm proposing involves a lot more work, than "it was all a dream".

Relax we both(presumably) want Jon deaged and fixed. I just prefer and think its more realistic to expect the process to involve a bit of work.

bottom with Damien
top with [SPOILER]WW[/SPOILER]

Attached: 8627a0529fd0c5a08c4936ce311379a7.jpg (735x745, 110K)

the feels are to real

Anyone got the numbers compared to Tomasi and Gleason's at the same time in their run?

>From one point view I suppose, but what I'm proposing involves a lot more work, than "it was all a dream".
Putting a bit more effort in to the process behind the button being pushed doesn't change the fact that what you're ultimately proposing is gonna end with the button being pushed and pretending things didn't happen.

I don't give two shits about Jon, they can de-age him or keep him the same for all I care.

Very well I just want Jon de-aged and Supersons back.

Why are you even in this thread if you don't care? Are you just here to shill for Bendis?

plus the pre-Flashpoint version of her helped birth him

What? It was.flashpoint batdad who helped walk superman through delivering jon

>Why are you even in this thread if you don't care?
Because as funny a tire fire as Bendis' run is, watching everyone idolize Tomasi's run as some great Renaissance for the character that we must return to is even funnier.

>Are you just here to shill for Bendis?

Rent free

What the hell is wrong with Diana's head?

Wouldn't Supes' philosophy be to satisfy everyone in need regardless of personal preference?

Ah. So you're just here to shill for Bendis then. Thanks for confirming so I can safely ignore your future posts.

No one says Tomasi’s Run was perfect, but it was definitely the step in the right direction and the quality is far better than we are getting now.

Rent Free.

Hey kid....

Attached: Hey kid wanna ss.webm (640x480, 2.95M)

>bleedingcool
Yeah I don't think so Rich.

Bendis...

Sucks to be Superman.

You ok, user?

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Why is there so few content of Diana doing this?
Why can Batman have a Batgirl and Superman a Supergirl but yet there is no Wonder Boy?

Wondie sat with Lois and held her hand during being some sort of midwife

I'm going to guess that this WW show had a lot more boys in it's audience than they assumed. And would have had even if they didn't make it a point to have her help boys on the show.

Why the fuck are all the gay and fujoshi so crazy for jerks?

>no more comfy supersons adventures

FUCK THATS CUUUTTTEEEE

Hopefully the rumors about bendis just being on superman until King is off batman are true and first thing the next writer does is de-age Jon.

Like she sees something she wants for dinner.

Is that his mom? kinda hot desu

No, it's an old cute-appeal story. Some kid got lost in a convention and decided to ask his favorite super-heroine for help.

I don't like Jon.

Am I wrong for that?

Bendis is a walking business blunder.

DC spent far more money to sell far less books, not even of just superman. I've seen a couple people get turned off of the DC label because of this.

Why didn't they just have him do Red Tornado like he talked about wanting to do? Something new and safe he could have done without just walking in and skullfucking everything in site and demanding people like it?

Since these numbers he's falled down to 50k sales on Superman, another almost 10% drop, and the latest action comics issue only sold 44k.

Just to put that in reference, Superman 7 by Tomasi sold almost 50% more (72k) than superman 7 by Bendis (50k)

At this same point in the Action Comics rebirt run, Jurgens was selling about 61k to Bendis 44k.

It's a really substantial drop in performance.

Forgot the image.

Attached: Bendis Sales vs tomasi.png (726x411, 18K)

Yeah, and if the retailer quoted in is a sign of things to come, that's not good.

How much did they age him up and how quickly, Superman doing super stuff with his lil boy sounds qt

What does Superboy look like now

never mind dropped

Attached: superman-7-preview-p2-600x922.jpg (600x922, 136K)

Attached: bendis not even once.jpg (919x925, 284K)

>We’re now selling Action and Superman at below pre-Bendis levels as readers comment that this doesn’t seem like their Superman any more.
I hate that it happened, but I feel a bit of vindication. I just don't really understand how we keep getting these weird cycles. Is it just us applying pointless pattern recognition to ultimately incoherent evernts, or is there some sort of weird pendulum swinging back and forth between weird cynical twists and unironic idealism?

Attached: Watch Superman.jpg (588x507, 90K)

>Aw buddy,
What sort of fucking reaction is that?

Attached: 5er.jpg (480x360, 84K)

Why are all Jon fans pedos?

Attached: 7D27EE3B-399F-4952-94F4-63AA1107D4B5.gif (396x300, 3.57M)

Because all Supes fans are doomed to suffer

Why are all Kon fans gays and fat?

Both of you knock it off, both Jon, Kon and even Chris were all great and all three have a place within continuity and place in the Super Family. Let’s not do our own version of shitty Robin wars

Because Kon is gay and he makes a good husbando for gays and they are fat because most comic book readers are fat. Now answer the previous question.

>he doesn't know the issue where Jon and Damian doubleteam Diana

What ever happened to nu52 Superboy anyway?

flew into a column and died.

God i wish that was me...

Attached: crying-cat.jpg (453x453, 21K)

"Died" in a Superman crossover event, then got resurrected as the assistant of that Guy with the book of the multiverse whatever his name is, and left the main continuity.

The most interesting thing he could do was having the power to make random people the most OP multiverse version of themselves. So for example if there was a chance one of them would become a green lantern in some reality he would become a green lantern thanks to Superboy.

>"Died" in a Superman crossover event, then got resurrected as the assistant of that Guy with the book of the multiverse whatever his name is, and left the main continuity.
Pretty sure he came back in another TT run that had the whole Harvest shitfest where he died again by

Attached: Teen_Titans_Vol_4_9_Textless.jpg (900x1350, 854K)

That wasn't the same Superboy.
It was a different Superboy Harvest (who is a time traveler) replaced him with, when the titans where stuck in the future.

Convoluted plot ahead.
New 52 Superboy is the clone of the future son of Superman and Lois, which Harvest kidnapped and raised as his own son, but Superboy was dying because he was a human/kryptonian so Harvest put him in stasis and make a clone of him to test ways to save the original,

New52 Superboy is actually made from alternative future sick Jon, past New 52 Superman, and past New 52 Lois. There are three DNAs in him.

>Bendis poor sales
Proof?

Here is an image of the sales comparisons

Attached: C94D452E-68CB-4F51-A213-09A7492E17EE.jpg (272x275, 29K)

Haha

for female fujoshi, i think a lot of women like gay males as a means to fantasize-away their fear of getting caught in the crossfire of male-on-male violence. male-on-male action gives them feelings of safety. so a lot of fujoshi stories involve angry conflict, that gets resolved with gayness.

I came up with this pet theory watching a British nature documentary. Elephant seal bulls were fighting, and all of the females and babies were scurrying away from the brawl, but the beach was so crowded that some of them were crushed to death. this is the nightmare scenario for fujoshis. the elephant seal bulls were fighting because they are heterosexual males, fighting over mates, but the fujoshis would much rather the bulls didn't fight at all.

gay males seem to like everything that looks good to them. they're more visual and physical, so the story/context/character doesn't matter as much to them as it does to women. I don't think you can say, "gay's like jerks" as if they have some special attraction jerks that they don't also have to other character archetypes.

Attached: 1476747588914.jpg (856x1281, 602K)

Ooh I hate to ask this but, can someone give me a rundown on who the first three are?

Attached: Regrets were made.jpg (220x285, 7K)

Cir-El. Supergirl from the future come to the present, Clark and Lois's kid. Wiped away with the New52. Think of her as a constant 'potential' like Helena Wayne becomes one when Bruce and Selina get married and have kids in the future.

Chris Kent. Zod's kid who became Nightwing. Adopted by Clark and Lois. Wiped away with the New52, although a new version has been seen with Zod in Rebirth.

Connor Kent, AKA Kon-El, AKA Superboy. Clone of Superman and Lex combined. Super-sidekick of Tim Drake's generation of sidekicks. Wiped away with the New52, recently bought back by Bendis in the new Young Justice title with no real explanation.

>everything on bleeding cool is written by rich guys!

Dumbass, that article took a survey of a sample of retailers and asked them how their stores were doing each week.

fucking love it when hot milfs get dressed for cons (esp the single milfs looking for a super/sugar daddy).