How to train your dragon

Overall, how was the franchise?

Attached: 5pd3cj6thm211.jpg (3000x3000, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xl9U0rC_8A
youtube.com/watch?v=vu1qZCG6Yo8
youtube.com/watch?v=T5qae0dyQKU
youtube.com/watch?v=HLoBQ9Fn_iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the most solid trilogies since Toy Story... the animated series was meh.

Attached: How to Train Your Dragon 3 TV spot #12.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

Overall, i’d give the first movie a nine/10 the second movie a 2/10 and the third movie a four out of 10 and the TV episodes a zero out of 10.

Don’t even get me started on the comics

Fantastic. I've enjoyed the heck out of this ride.

>This is the last we'll ever see of them

Attached: GOD DAMMIT.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

I liked it, mostly because of the Hiccup-Toothless friendship constructed in the first film and developed a bit in the second, as well as the visuals and soundtrack. Although the first movie's visuals were meh, their ability to animate expression in Toothless was superb. Third may have been a letdown, but in the context of the series I'll take it.

1 > 3 > 2

got more like this?

>Dream Works in (Current Year)

First Movie: Decent animated film with overall good world building that makes you wanting more. Protagonist has a single parent or a foster parent.

Second Movie: Have the protag learn more about his past or visit his biological/missing parents just to have them or their ideals put in danger.

Make sure there is a lot of cute baby moments like baby dragons/childhood flash backs for the soccer moms watching

Third movie: Introduce a female version of the protagonist or their sidekick partner to appeal to the girls or for ship bait.

Bonus points for every Antagonist killed or over powered by true love/friendship/it was inside you the whole time/any bullshit like that.

Attached: 1540680578264.png (493x276, 34K)

Top to down solid. Got mired down in the details in some of the sequels, but the emotional beats were always great and that's what's most important.

First movie was the perfect film, second sucked so I'm not watching the third to spare my opinion of it. I liked the tv series but I also like back at the barnyard.

>2/10
>4/10
Really?

Meh. A bit overrated.

Güd. I did not watch the series, and not planning to.

The second movie was redundant with a forgettable villain. Learning that Hiccup's mom was originally supposed to be the villain helps it make sense and would have been a much better story and character than "a dragon smiled at my baby so I'm going to leave my family behind". Stoick's pointless death was the final straw that brought the movie down from bland to shit.

>liking the tv series over the second movie
???
I haven't watched the netflix series yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't match up to the second movie. Even if the end was a bit underwhelming, it was still a good movie. HTTYD is one of the most solid trilogies of the decade. Nothing 11/10, but better then most modern cinema.

1 had the best story and villain, 2 had the best visuals, 3 was okay

Attached: viking funeral.webm (1914x808, 2.97M)

That wasn’t Valka’s only moment with dragons. She’d tried to convince the others for ages, and ultimately when given an opurtunity to help dragons selfishly chose to stick with them. Even she realises it was selfish but Stoik loved her too much to let it get in the way of the relationship (though they only spent a day together, so I don’t think it would have gone over so smoothly in the long run)

One of the few things preventing Dreamworks from being a total laughingstock the past few years.

>toothless and hiccup have been friends for a decade
>toothless just ups and ditches him for some thot who forces him to choose between them
i mean they could have had toothless at least struggle with the decision to leave hiccup but lmao they made hiccup the bumbling idiot yet again

While I agree the separation was rushed relatively to the intensity of their friendship (especially cloudjumper and valka), but the lightfury is not really the cause as they could just do their lives on Berk 2. It's more about Toothless being a king, enjoying it (how annoyed he was to have to leave the hidden world) and getting to a safe space where dragons wouldn't be harassed all the time. Although it doesn't make sense with the other movies as separation makes them weaker, not stronger imo. In the end they had to leave because the book said so

Hiccup encouraged him to go. He'd never be truly safe on new-berk, so the dragons had to go into hiding. I don't think he would have left if Hiccup had asked him to stay.

Has anyone noticed the dragon hunter character looks a lot like the food critic on RATATOUILLE????

It would have been interesting if they went with a reversal of movie 1. Toothless wants Hiccup to come to the hidden world, but his new cum dumpster doesn't want that to happen because she doesn't trust humans and neither do any of the other dragons. Even though toothless is the alpha, he can't just force the other dragons to openly accept him. Hiccup tries to win over the light fury but looks like a retard doing so. Eventually perhaps the light fury sees Hiccup and Astrid's love and realizes humans and dragons aren't so different and some other shit happens and she defends hiccup against the big bad like she does in the finale.

lol, I didn't mind his look. I enjoyed how he was Hiccup if he could kill dragons, physically weak but mentally Brilliant (or at least as smart as the story let him be)

well being weaker but alive is an improvement over being stronger but dead, and whats left of your species dying with you. And most likely never finding love since the lightfury doesn't seem to like humans.

Honestly... very disappointed. There were only like 2 and a half things which I enjoyed about the first movie.
1. Training Batman/the rarest most dangerous dragon of them all which could instantly kill the main character at any moment.
2. The amazing flying sequences and well realized 3D.
2.5 The effects, the flaming effects, the water effects, the effects in general.

Things I didn't like: Flying sequences were too short, even if extremely enjoyable.
Some of the designs are too kiddie looking, the dragon from Shrek looks more like a dragon and less like a The Last Airbender animal reject.
The setting was very boring. Like EXTREMELY boring. If they replaced the setting with something better then I'd actually enjoy this series.
I could not give a flying fuck about Hiccup and Stoick's passive aggressive relationship. Neither could I give a fuck about any character outside of Toothless and unfortunately his Stitch personality gets tiresome.
Let me reiterate more clearly, every character outside of Black Stich was either boring at best and hateable at worst, for me they were hateable 24/7 because they're nothing but losers like Hiccup. I also don't like vikings/rednecks, nothing noble and honest about them.

Aside from pro Nr.1 I enjoyed pro Nr.2 but I can get Nr.2 out of Kung Fu Panda and a few other action movies. Nr.1 was what made the movie unique because we've never seen the Lilo & Stitch relationship handled this way.

The only thing missing with the ending is some scene to reflect on the separation. Like a hall metting with the berkians to clarify why they have to do it, or a private one on one exchange with toothless acknowledging they would see each other again. Instead Toothless barely has time to wake up from the drug, then a hug and go after 2 minutes

Attached: 9bc1eb08-678e-4572-bdd7-c3bf135616bb.png (700x960, 770K)

So basically if we replace the whole movie except the Dragons its a good movie. I feel like you might just not like this series rather then it being a problem with the movie.

I love that toothless is and actually remains the most powerful dragon. I find that "wanting toothless as a pet" comments everywhere are quite reductive to the character as the relationship with hiccup is much more than a dog/master thing, if anything hiccup is toothless' pet

oh god yes

Attached: b695f03f-4b01-4623-b831-ab32db9882a3.png (700x960, 700K)

Berk was said to be the first known village to befriend and domesticate dragons. Hiccup does nothing with this information. Once his dragons are safely in the Hidden World it just shows a timeskip where he and Toothless have kids and go flying together for old time's sake. Obviously dragon enslavement etc wouldn't suddenly stop because a few dragons went to their sekrit club. Seemed to completely contradict what he and Valka wanted to achieve. And the villagers obviously wanted to help dragons too.

How I'd fix the movie:
Exotic locations like; Atlantis, Aztec temple, medieval Britain or Romania full of castles and mountains, crazy fantasy realm but without "magic", ancient Chinese "city" and any location which isn't: very plainly constructed oceans, hilltops, islands.
More interesting encounters like something you'd see in Sinbad Legend of the Seven Seas.

Create 1 lovable character who isn't Loser # 2492 or Little Girl # 1602.
Don't go all the way with "I side with the dragons, not the vikings" , BUT if it's one thing I hated since the TV series it was having those 4 losers tag along as if they were equals or they didn't mistreat Hiccup. I'd like Hiccup to constantly edge on flat out leaving Berk, like his mother.
Astrid was okay, but she almost detracts from the Night Fury, unless we make Batman carry 2 children on his back for the entire series.

Keep Toothless' bipolar personality, but make it balanced. After he was "tamed" he acts too much like Stitch pretending to be a dog. Keep his dragon/friend persona 50/50. Make him as "tameable" as an indifferent cat.
The most drastic change I'd make is the dragon taming, there'd be no such thing as each viking having a dragon. The Night Fury would be one of the only dragons intelligent and benevolent enough to ever have a relationship with a human and even then he'd be the master. This way we remove any bad traits of Digimon/Pokemon from this franchise.

The symbiosis was nice, the big bad hero needs a little kid to temporarily guide him until he gets better. This creates a lot of "Hero protecting useful civilian". As long as it doesn't shove any message like "You're nothing without your dragon" then we're good. Otherwise please buff up Hiccup to Astrid levels of competence.

Stitch's archetype is good because he's both an anti social asshole and a lovable crazy immature being. The problem is when he sticks only with 1 personality or he uses his personalities at the wrongest times.

I hate how every character is just a jokey quipster, no one takes anything seriously at any point, it makes Age of Ultron look tense and dramatic.

Attached: 1551628015562.png (600x500, 98K)

yeah, fair enough. I'd say though that after almost a decade of taking down slavers and trappers most dragons would be free or located on berk, especially with Toothless being the Alpha. I'd also say that the transition was only instant with berk's dragons, with word spreading gradually through other dragons.
But yeah I understand the ending was contrived for the books (which they didn't even stick too), and it would have been better for only Toothless to leave to be king, while Hiccup had to stay. I'm just looking for positives.

You make good points, but I'd say Hiccup wasn't loser #2492. He had a purpose, he was a skilled craftsman, and had an important job on Berk. His conflict was wanting to be what his father wanted, which was a big brawny viking, instead of being himself. He's only a loser in the eyes of people who see nerds as losers, that is to say yeah he can't hang with the cool kids (and probably wouldn't have been able to run Berk), but realistically he isn't actually a loser.

Hestopped being loser #2492 half way through the first movie. Hell, even Astrid was won over just by riding hiccup for a bit. and even then, she didn't expressly bully him like the others, she was just stating facts; such as when she says "He's never where he should be." because Hiccup is always out of battle position in the training camps, or doesn't stay away from the dragon fighting etc. She rolls her eyes when the others are bullying him and doesn't join in with their antics. I think it's clear there was more to Hiccup than his initial introduction and Astrid perhaps saw past his stature but her desire to train to be a good fighter kept them both from talking. There's even a deleted scene where he and Astrid converse normally and she talks about her training and doesn't belittle Hiccup at all and even seems to respect his smithing abilities.

yeah I've watched that scene. I wish they kept that sort of stuff in (even though most of the scene was translated to other parts of the movie). It made their growing relationship make a bit more sense, since she was never at the 'relationship-level' that the other were at.

> I'd like Hiccup to constantly edge on flat out leaving Berk, like his mother.
This has potential. Let's make Astrid, Hiccup, Hiccup's mom bastard Celts/Vikings or kidnapped ... and give them the old cliche " My life is a lie " and we see his Anakin-tier anger. Then we as viewers constantly ask "Is he going to burn down the town? oh my god is he going to do it? or is he just going to spit in someone's face and then leave?" the more constructive option is projecting his anger on something else.

Leaving the vikings and going to a different land actually would be a positive resolution, but we make it more morally gray. Not outright "Vikings bad, new land/celts good" At least not until Hiccup actually makes the mystery decision permanent, so we as viewers don't blatantly say "I would have chosen option A like 5 minutes ago".

The characters will stay at their comedy quips/Ed Edd Eddy-tier level with their own pros and cons, that way we keep it neutral. We don't give them extra cons or even accentuate their cons.
By keeping it neutral the viewers will neither cheer nor feel bad for Hiccup leaving Berk. We'd just get an indignant "meh". The viewers would only start agreeing from Hiccup's point of view when he trades Berk for something better.

I wish Kung Fu Panda 3 was a good comparison/example, but Poo wasn't mistreated and the town wasn't worth burning. Also the panda village was so and so.

Attached: Charlie-BRown.jpg (960x540, 106K)

"I would have chosen option A like 85 minutes ago" *.

1>>>>>>>>>>2

Accurate

Hiccup already had a hard-on for leaving Berk, but not because he hated the people, but because he's a young lad who wants to go see the world.
It would have made sense for Fishlegs to go live in the hidden world or even Hiccup, considering their hard-on for dragons.

A permanent change of scenery and characters like in Kung Fu Panda 3, wouldn't be too bad. We'd get an entirely different set of archetypes from Berk's characters.

I don't think the Pocahontas aim would have that much value outside of drama for the sake of it. Hiccup can fuck off Berk and meet new people without any need for drama.

Some people find drama very tasty.
This would appeal to the people who love the relationship and social drama like Hiccup/his mother being a villain and Hiccup/Stoick.

>He stopped being loser #2492 half way through the first movie.
The problem about this is that he never really changed. He still remained the same stubborn crazy faggot with the same pros and cons since day 1, only this time he tapped all of them instead of hiding them. The two blondies (one of the twins, plus Astrid) keep pointing this out.
Same with everyone else's pros and cons, they didn't change as characters, they only 1 dimensionally fleshed out what was already there.

Astrid's relationship and most of the characters' chemistry from HTTYD 1 remind me of my own first-hand experience, and even without me living through it, I don't think anyone feels too comfortable living through this sort of experience or too positively understandable about it.

Astrid and Hiccup still have a very passive dialogue exchange and relationship even in the deleted scenes. Just like Stoick and Hiccup's passiveness. It feels almost hypocritical, it feels very opportunistic and shallow to suddenly come out and say "I've always loved you, but I couldn't show it because you were a loser/winner".
Same way I cannot for the Hell of me accept "bullies as your friends", among other Yea Forums-tier trash cliches with forced romance, drama, relationships.

And over here we have an accurate representation of our main dragon character.

Attached: kisspng-stitch-batman-toothless-drawing-how-to-train-your-toothless-5ac0c2508293a3.31102339152258209 (900x680, 96K)

Looking forward to some deleted scenes in the bluray release, might clear some plot holes.
I have a hard on for an alternate third movie suggested by some user in another thread where the villain would be an evil elder nightfury, possibly even fighting for the lightfury, how badass it would have beem

I don't understand why they bothered with so much advertisement, partnerships, merchandise, shorts, specials, video games, dragon stats design, ignoring the books, ... only to have the main director/writer leave without a good replacement, and only to have 1 mediocre to decent movie and 2 bad ones, with the 3rd one supposedly ending the series and now the IP flying around 3 to 4 different companies.
youtube.com/watch?v=9xl9U0rC_8A

Did the producers and executives suddenly DIE and their retarded zoomer children took over the company?

Non-human villains are infinitely better. Especially non-sapient villains who cannot talk your head off.

Attached: fd62ad_811552.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

Nigga plenty of “I kinda like you but you’re actually a pathetic faggot so I can’t like like you” happens irl.

Astrid likes strength of character. Hiccup always had it but never really showed it. I think Astrid could see he genuinely had potential but he was pathetic.

First movie was awesome. Sequels were okay.

Soundtrack is so kino to me, I can't listen to it all that often.

Pretty accurate. The first deserves to be a classic.

I understand perfectly the feel and thoughts, but at the same time get a grip and learn to overcome this and show some unconditional love for at least 25% of the time. Like Jesus, the last thing I want to see in fictional stories are weak realistic-thinking characters.

I got sick of the whole TOOTHLESS OH NO HE IS KIDNAPPED WE MUST SAVE HIM by the second movie.

Would have been more interesting if Hiccup was kidnapped and Toothless has to save him.

>Although the first movie's visuals were meh

I don't know dude, seeing those flying scenes in 3D still ranks as the best 3D experience I've ever had.

Then again, the only other contender for that was Jackass 3D.

6/10

>Astrid was won over just by riding hiccup for a bit

More like hiccup rode her you know what I’m saying?

One of the few animated films that completely blow the source material out of the fucking water

This would make a great Pokemon game

Attached: tumblr_pn1i2esAgQ1xm3eaao1_r2_400.gif (302x234, 2.47M)

10/10

I feel like since toothless is the last “male” of his species, all of the light fury females should have been clawing at each other to get to him.

Yet he keeps trying to impress the one bitch who for the first 3/4ths of the movie did not reciprocate any feels whatsoever.

Guess the movie is just teaching little boys that no means yes if you try hard enough.

The light fury isn’t the last of its kind. It’s been confirmed by the directors that the light and night furies are different races but can breed together (like Africans and Europeans as was discussed in the last thread. Toothless is the last of his kind, but he’s honestly lucky the member of another race would be into him and not one of her own.

I like to see that the threads keep popping up. The franchise is 10/10 if you count the books.

>decade

It was six years

>>toothless and hiccup have been friends for a decade
>>toothless just ups and ditches him for some thot
Sounds like a pretty typical situation when you're 26 or so and all your friends are getting married.

The series overall was pretty decent. The first one was by far the best with 2 and 3 having more issues but still being enjoyable. The animation is top notch and at least at first hiccup and co are decent characters.
The main issues that I think run throughout the seires are the lack of consequences and bad human centric fight scenes, as well as lack of development of the main cast. The other main issue I have is the overly simplistic/non threatening villains but that can be easy to overlook.

/Thread

IMAX 2D or regular 3D?

I disagree with him as well. But there is a large faction here on co that gets overly critical of Childeren movies. Especially around the characterization of fictional characters in a mythical land. Let them not pick, they probably don't have fun when they gave to talk to people IRL.

>White bitches choosing nigger dick over whities's

Pottery

Attached: haha2.jpg (900x675, 82K)

I watched in 3D (there was no other option) and I think 2D would look better.

The serie was also pretty good desu

>The light fury isn’t the last of its kind.
>Toothless is the last of his kind
Sad. That means that his genes will be almost completely lost in three or four generations. Or am I bad at genetics?

Saw both. Its a spectacle in 3d. Movie has a shitload of depth despite what detractors claim.

Great use of particles and layers.

But you catch more detail i 2D, and there's a lot to catch.

Except for the fact that it is stated that Hiccup is 15 in the first movie, second movie takes place 5 years later, and 3rd a year after that. Toothless and Hiccup are said to be the same age so that means they are both 21 in the 3rd movie

>solid trilogies
>Toy Story
t. Shit taste

TS3 was a fucking trash and gone against everything previous movies were about.
>TS1 and TS2 :cherish your toys
>TS3: Give your toys to some random immigrant child

Overall I think it was a great trilogy. I'm just waiting for this last BD to watch the 3 movies back to back.

Rock solid trilogy, first movie looks a little dated by it's CGI now, but it is almost a decade old.

Second movie is easily the best, then the first, and the final film is the weakest. All totally serviceable though.

>nooooooo why isn't TS3 about being a manchild

Why does every member of toothless' species have the mannerisms of a house cat?

Kung Fu Panda was better

Attached: wix_p1.jpg (400x212, 19K)

3rd one was eh, with a so-so series

Plot of the 3rd movie sucked ass, though the last 20 minutes made me tear up, along with the credits scene.

Gonna give it a 7/10 Only because of the satisfying ending

Because they deliberately replicated the motions and mannerisms of a house cat during the production of the original film.

Garbage. As soon as they introduced Hiccup's Mary Sue mother who invalidates Hiccup's talent and above all is a DEADBEAT who abandoned her family for no reason and no one calls her out I abandoned this shit so much out of disgust.

Refuse to give money to the third film and think lowly of anyone who likes this shit movie series. Only the first film was tolerable and even that one had Astrid the cunt. But yeah that horrible sequel with Hiccup's unaccountable mother destroyed everything for me.

>Hurr derr I'm ok with contradictions
TS3 shouldn't existed in the first place.

It wasn't perfect, but it was a million times better than any other kids animated movie coming out at the time.

When I saw HTTYD 3 in the theater there was an advert for 'Wonder Park' before it, and the contrast in quality was actually kind of mind-blowing.

Attached: the_chad_knight.png (743x246, 174K)

Dude.
You know what, I hope that one day you'll manage to sort out the shit in your life. Seriously.

In TS2, Jessie had warned Woody that one day when Andy grows up, he will not be interested in his old toys. TS3 just proved she’s right about it.

Of course Jessie said that after it was shown how the girl who owned her slowly forget about her as she grown up, that's was the whole point; that it's wrong!

The plot for the 3rd movie could have ended in 20 minutes. God have writers these days never heard of over arching plots and keeping the viewer busy till the end with actual meaningful stuff?

Imagine if Harry Potter 1-3 were all about HP stopping Voldermort, but without attending schools, without learning spells, without any fucking substance.

The villain pointing out Night Furies do not have a lot of stamina was 0.0001% of what was suppose to be developed in the movie.

You know how we could fix the entire series and truly make HTTYD 1 timeless?

We put an extra 60 minutes about Hiccup and Toothless exploring the world and going on adventures before they have to go back to Berk.
There. I just fixed the entire franchise.

(Normally an entire expedition/journey is warranted, but Hiccup and Toothless going on an adventure as a duo gives us both story adventure and intimate character development).

>inb4 that one fag asks if Astrid can come too.
Nigga this is a duo not a threesome. Duos are far more meaningful than three ways.

Attached: 46089025_1145060885671791_7980629503229558784_n.jpg (642x960, 71K)

There are no contradictions. Andy gave his toys away so they would be cherished by another kid, because he wouldn't be able to do so.

There is because again, the previous movies went against you shit taste brainlet.

went against it

Why does he have to leave, fuck, I can't process it into a happy ending in my mind. Even if it's justified, why don't they visit each other often, they're supposed to be a symbol of pure friendship goddamn

Attached: Toothh2.png (1435x1172, 1.13M)

>ywn ride stormfly by day and hiccup by night

Attached: tumblr_pkrm2o2kjZ1vwr11wo1_1280.jpg (700x1000, 129K)

Well for all we know Toothless could have been coming out to the entrance every day for all those years to wait for Hiccup, but he just never came.

Attached: tumblr_pjf8u0cFrs1vwr11wo3_r1_1280.jpg (700x1000, 114K)

I wish Rise of the Guardians had become a long-running series alongside it.

I still love it. I would've loved a series continuing the film continuity (I'm aware that the books are ongoing and have brought elements of the movies into the mix, Jack joined the guardians and there's shiptease with Toothiana's sister).

Ill fix the series:

after the credits, we get a bit more dialog, right after the speech of "the were dragons when I was a boy" and the family goes flying
and its them, looking back, and all the hiddenworld dragons are following toothless and lightfury and hiccup just says "of course, that day may be closer than we thought. because what is a world without... dragons" *cue theme and "fin" title card*

boom, you get your touch and go ending to fit the books, but you also make the theme of the movies make sense.

Doesn't the series only have one villain, though? Sounds kind of boring.

2>3>1 Very great movies

He was found, an orphan in the storm.

Attached: night_fury_and_rider_by_monoflax_dck5d8b-pre.jpg (751x1064, 79K)

It should of been hiccup.

Hiccup wasn't talented, he just took the time to learn from dragons, just like his mom

Is this series still as underrated as it was a few years ago?

well RotG does have every mythical character as a real person, so I'm sure there are plenty more they could choose from. I thought it was a pretty good movie as well.

rank them

>mary sue
>has multiple character flaws
While they didn't get as explored as would probably be reasonable, she wasn't a mary sue. And of course she'd know more about dragons having spent 4x the time with them.

I haven't seen the last one yet is it a satisfying ending?

1>2>3>tv series
Haven't watched the netflix series yet.
I'd give the first one a 10/10, recognizing that you can't really achieve perfection.
Second a 7-8/10, leaning on 8.
Third one a 7/10.
The weakest points are always the villains except in the first.

its meant to keep in line with the books. Its a decent ending, but needed more building up.

Books were better.

>Nigga this is a duo not a threesome. Duos are far more meaningful than three ways.
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Attached: 1551419542125.jpg (658x933, 98K)

>Haven't watched the netflix series yet.
1>2>Netflix>3>old TV

A beautiful series that makes me sad to see is over...but glad it ended the way it did. Also I feel fucking old and am mad that so much still sucks 9 years later.

Did EVERY single dragon have to leave 5 seconds after the climax at the exact same time?
There must have been a better way to have the dragons go away at the end.

Attached: 1529890983222.jpg (250x203, 5K)

1>3>2

The better way would be have Toothless hang around until the wedding, and make it clear that the decisions is more thought out and prepared for then a hug and a goodbye. They didn't have the time most likely, so we got what we got.

I don't think so, the books have charm, but the movie universe is generally better.

Honestly, I think we can all agree on one thing.

The movie is better than the book. Hands down. No question. There just is no immersion in a book. But in the movie, you feel as if you are actually right there when shits going down, not reading some journal about it written by a "kid".

Reminder that this fuck told them to cut half of 3's plot halfway through production to save screentime.

Attached: steven-spielberg-netflix.jpg (825x464, 36K)

The series didn't get what it deserved in the end.

Andy didn’t forget his toys, he just lost the enthusiasm of playing with the toy like a kid when he grew up. He tried to store them in attic but he later realized that it’s not the best treatment to the toys so he decided to gift them to Bonnie who also cherishes the toys. It is very related to those adults who had watched TS1-2 in their childhood.

K, but I don't think that books can't be immersive. its just that they're kids books.

anyone got some more MILFstrid?

Attached: 1551717486669.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

yeah, the Toothless-Hiccup relationship is easily the best thing in the movie. I would have loved to see more with just the two of them. I don't know if it would have held up though, cause an hour of only 1 character being able to speak would be hard to write interactions for.
They wanted it to be like the books apparently, except for the fact that humans stay with the dragons in their secret world in the books.

dude, I think once Hiccup passed puberty he would have easily been the most popular guy on that island dragons or no.

>Bonus points for every Antagonist killed or over powered by true love/friendship/it was inside you the whole time/any bullshit like that.
I mean, the Dragon Hunter guy wasn't killed because of that. He died because he fell at least an entire kilometer into a storm filled ocean.

did Toothless get bigger in this final scene? His head seems to be huge in this shot.

Can't post anything because Yea Forums hates my country.

>posts thing to let his know he can't post thing

>Hiccup dies
>He never knows
>I Will Wait For You plays

Finally saw this movie last night. Very well done. A great way to end a wonderful trilogy. Dreamworks did it right.

And I must say Astrid looked absolutely great in the wedding dress. I would've taken pics but I was watching the 3D version. Tempted to see it again to grab some stills. :^)

You stop that right now mister, they visit each other bi-monthly and soon will be able to reunite when HHTYD 4 comes out when the corporates run out of reboot ideas.

Why wouldn't they have time? They captured the all the hunter leaders. I'm hoping for an interview with the director clarifying this. When he was asked why the 10 years period before the first visit, he said "maybe he wanted to give dragons their time", which sounds like he doesn't even know why there would be such a delay, it feels really out of character

Attached: 1481937762871.jpg (196x143, 8K)

I mean meta-like. The movie didn't have the budget to increase the runtime.

Attached: tumblr_pnr03cDaXH1rw7avto1_r1_1280.jpg (600x1311, 192K)

Three pigs fucking Astrid out of five.

My biggest issue with the film is that
there's zero reason for Toothless not to visit Hiccup once in a while considering how the hidden world is a half-day flight away from Berk. It makes no sense relative to the friendship built over 3 movies and shorts. He grew so close that he once canonically gave up his autonomy to be sure to always fly with Hiccup (in the christmas short), which proves he acts beyond insinct when it comes to Hiccup. Is lightfury pussy so good he can't leave for a day to visit his friend? It shouldn't piss me off so much

Yeah. I dunno, I think the ending was contrived. It would be better with just Toothless leaving since he has to go somewhere to have kids or whatever, and the ending scene actually being friends properly reuniting to show off the kids they had while apart.

I love how the second movie and first movie had that 1 world design connected and it wasn't just shat out on a whim.
The Green Death and Bewilderbest were alphas which controlled the dragons, so the dragons, including Toothless, weren't doing it by themselves and Toothless wasn't flying Astrid and Hiccup to the dragon nest because he's stupid or he wanted to.

Sadly after that 1 little idea the world design falls short. And the TV series with its "dragons with new abilities" idea doesn't help much if its executed like trash.

funnily enough the tv-series worst moments were the new dragons. They just had to find a use of httyd2 models.

Attached: toothless_studies_by_pookadoodle_dd0ilw7-pre.jpg (1109x721, 159K)

goddam it he is easily the best dragon design out there. Its so unique its not even funny

tired toothless is the best

Nah. Stoic had forgiven her and Stoic is so stubborn he wouldn't go back to the issue. She ran off for a decade thinking he'd reject her beliefs, he found her alive again, all is forgiven, end of story.

That's the kind of man he was.

Attached: 1530578657420.gif (500x260, 482K)

He was willing to stay with hiccup but clearly missed the lightfury. He was only in the lost world for a day and he was just busy with whatever they did.

Even at the end he was willing to stay.

no it isn't

Your ideas suck.

Your mom sucks black dragon cocks.

This

Your mom's the Light Fury eh

Attached: 08212ad9aea58eaf48eb9c343631d1c2.jpg (500x647, 34K)

Never watched any of those movies but I find the reception really puzzling.
I've seen a trailer for each of those movies along the years, and each time it looked generic and deja vu.

>generic

Attached: download.jpg (360x320, 11K)

Their actual trailers are pretty bad and would never sell a film.

I mean they do sell the film it's just the trailers are not very compelling.

does anyone have a link to the httyd 1 director commentary. All i can find is the transcript

>FURIED

Imagine if this series had good villains like Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2.

Attached: 6113700-kung_fu_panda_2_screencap___lord_shen_by_sdk2k9-d5dgsq4.jpg (960x816, 302K)

I will burn down the hidden world. In other words, the franchise is Yea Forums MGS.

With good villains, and I’d assume an overvalued plot to match the trilogy would have bordered in perfection honestly.

Overhauled I mean

>Is lightfury pussy so good he can't leave for a day to visit his friend?
Yes

For once I’m mad about the white girl stealing the black man

Comcast listen up, here is your plot for HTTYD 4.

Grimmel didn't die. One of his brainwashed dragons that was missing from the fight grabs him out of the ocean and pulls him up to shore. He wakes up a few days/weeks (you pick) later, more determined than ever to kill the last nightfury and gain revenge. He rides his dragon up to new Berk, where he stays hidden in the shadows, scavenging food/water from trash cans, watching. He notices the dragons are gone, which has him intrigued. A few days go by with him stalking around the village, etc. [Keep in mind all this is from his POV/3rd person POV of him]. Sleeping in a bush at the top of the mountain, one night, he is awaken by the sound of footsteps and people talking. Clutching to the sword he stole from the blacksmith's shop, he sees two people walking up to the hilltop, in-discernibly talking. They sit at the top of the hill, looking out over the ocean, backs to Grimmel. He recognizes one of the characters in the darkness. "Jackpot," he whispers under his breath.

Que title sequence.

I'll continue the A plot later, got shit to do rn (assuming this thread doesn't get archived in the meantime)

Bringing him back is either a massive mistake or a good idea. He’d Have to be hiding for sometime if the ending of https 3 still needs to make sense.

>humans stay with the dragons in their secret world in the books.
What the hell are you talking about? In the books the dragons slowly but completely disappeared into hiding from the human world.

First one was cool, the second one was absolute shit. Haven't seen the third one yet but judging by the trailer it looks like the most generic shit ever. Don't have high hopes so ill watch it once it hits Torrents

>tfw you've been looking forward to the movie coming out so you can get more astrid art, but you know that one rich faggot will probably commission another massive batch of torture porn just to be a douche

Attached: 1345922503478.png (601x695, 5K)

Learn to draw, that's what I'm doing. In time I'll produce my own Toothless porn instead of relying on the two artists who are decent at it.

think this is taking place before the 10 yrs later scene but idk

>it looks like the most generic shit ever
Generic? Nah. Naaaaaaahhhhh. Why would you ever think tha--
youtube.com/watch?v=vu1qZCG6Yo8

Explain

Well, given the fact that he's a reptile I wouldn't doubt that he'd grow more after maturity.

Hiccup did what he thought was best for Toothless. He always has.

Yeah, just think about it. Short, stumpy legs. No lightfury to shag on. Hiccup had to help him in more ways than one...

Attached: tumblr_p9vzveGccj1qksouoo1_1280.png.jpg (1280x694, 140K)

Attached: 912d8b45651a5550619213cdba7efe74.jpg (900x1139, 162K)

The finale in unrealistic, though. Who in their right mind would actually pick a human female over a dragon who loves you more than anything.

Attached: toothless_by_pokemon_chick_1_d2ofatb.jpg (713x704, 333K)

Holy christ this came out? The third movie will forever be a "Oh yeah. THAT happened" flick

Attached: 1443840948196.jpg (500x313, 46K)

Was anyone else bothered by some back pedaling and lack of any throw backs in the movie.
>Nightfurys said to be able fly the furthest in the first movies
>"They must be taking frequent stops because nightfurys cant fly for that long"
>"Hes not heading North because Nightfury can't handle the cold"
>"This Burk, it's freezing 8 out of the 12 months"

Also the general lack of any references to the events from Race to the Edge made me upset. Closest thing is when they Hiccup says "We have dealt with much worse" and "The enemies in the East part" which were obviously meant for stuff not from the show but they were the closest I could think off.

I don't get why Meatlug left even after her and Fishlegs managed to make a child together.

Attached: FishMeat.png (767x708, 801K)

>I don't get why {insert dragon who isn't Toothless} left
Really good question, user. It's a mystery.

They follow the alpha, and the hidden world is litteral paradise for dragons. The mystery is mostly with the execution of the separation. Hiccup and Toothless seem in a hurry to leave, but Cloudjumper/Valka is the most insulting, that dragon was her new husband for 20 years

I don't think the guy died. The sea was calm and relatively close to the coast

Not the same guy. But I'm sure that in some years we're gonna get

>Dark screen with female voice "Hiccup they're back"

Can we all agree the third is the shittiest of all?

If I was Hiccup I would have killed him in the middle of his speech in the tent, the sleeping arrow could have been mortal poison and the mere idea of Toothless getting hunted down is cruel as fuck

But they don't have to follow the alpha, they weren't the least bothered when Toothless left them chasing Light Fury pussy. None of those dragons came from the Hidden World, hell many of them have been living around humans since they hatched. They made a huge deal out of letting the dragons leave, but they didn't show any sign of wanting to go, even though Gift of the Night Fury showed that when they want to go they just go, don't wait for anyone's permission.

This scene makes me cry so much
I worry for the day my dad will pass away

Gotta day all of the emotional scenes surrounding stoick hit all the right beats.

what is this supposed to be?

I assume someone has a mind control fetish.

My take on this is that in GOTNF it's an uncontrollable collective instinct like birds, which is why Toothless fucks off immediately when he can (and comes back overcoming his instinct by smashing his means of autonomy). In the hidden world it's a conscious decision to go to follow their king to a safe space.
As to why they did not follow him earlier in the movie, I guess nobody thought he left. When he left it was a secret date when everyone was sleeping (I think?) but he got invited to her place.

I wish that was me

In the third movie Grimmels acid spitting dragons are put under mind control using their own special venom
So yeah this

What was the after credits scene?

>"There were dragons when I was a boy." You think dragons are the only mythical creatures in the world? Mr Haddock you've become part of a bigger universe, you just don't know it yet.

Attached: NickFury-IM.png (480x480, 309K)

>Dreamworks Cinematic Universe
I can dig it.

They are probably thinking of doing dragons for at least one of the next three Kung Fu Panda movies.

but none of their franchises have crossover...

I don't, it would be a horrible idea.

guess that means we'll see it sometime in the next couple years

>next three
what?

Attached: 5b48add5-ef0b-4d7a-bda1-538945639997.png (1280x847, 586K)

Adorable. i glad they had decent coloring and weren't splotched or anything like a dalmatian.

I think I'd need to see it again once it's out on video to really sort through how I feel on it. I think overall the third film just felt underwhelming. I mean I kind of liked how they actually gave up the dragons in the end, but other than that I have mixed feelings. The music and animation (particularly in 3D) was fucking great though.

so was the pigs a shadman thing or...

I was hoping there'd be some Chinese-like dragons in the series

whats with the midget wanting to bang hiccups mom the entire movie?

did I miss something?

Is it just me, or did Valka look completely different? Aside from the greying hair

hes an arrogant womanizer, thats his thing. First he was after Astrid, then Tuffnut (?), then after Hiccups mum. Behind that hes actually a good character though, its too bad they don't show more of his heroic side
no?

Yeah I think her hair turned red and wavy between movies for some inexplicable reason.

They made her hair way more red for some reason, before it was more like Hiccups shade

Her hair is more stylized now. Makes some sense, she's been living with humans again for a whole year.

You meant Ruffnut.

I can't believe how in denial Rufflout shippers are in light of the new movie.

They're already coming up with all kinds of headcanon about how Fishlegs and Ruffnut just don't work and the relationship won't last past a year, before Ruffnut runs into Snotlout's arms.

It's disgusting.

I feel bad for snotlout, he wasn't really paired off with anybody. After watching the cartoon it feels extra bad cause he actually is a good guy, and has heroic qualities. He loses his dragon and ends up alone until Valka comes around
Also I had no idea there were shippers about this series, there aren't that many characters and the existing ships are kind of solid.

>he wasn't really paired off with anybody
forced romance is why this series ended with a whimper
who the fuck cares about toothless getting a girlfriend, we could have had an entire movie about a hidden dragon world
but it's only in the movie for like 10 minutes

Yeah, maybe you should watch the movies?

Seriously though. Fishlegs is the most autistic of the bunch. He dotes on his dragon and its spawn. He's worse than Valka and she hermitaged herself for a decade with dragons.

fair enough I just like closure. But the romance wasn't the thing that made the 3rd movie the worst of the 3

But how do I train my dragon?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1551074190319.png (1920x816, 1.5M)

with trust and respect, acting as partners rather then having a master slave relationship.

fpbp

Early Grimmel design

Attached: 8b9f24cc-9067-4a03-bdc3-ec7d1d351d38.jpg (960x1280, 276K)

The flaming axe is wicked

he would have been better younger. Hes meant to be evil hiccup, but their appearances are too different to readily make that connection.

That design honestly looks pretty far along, wonder what made them change it

What if it was a bad dragon?

Attached: i4wvs6vgmii21.png (576x1024, 971K)

Because it's a bit more refreshing to see than "acts like a dog" trope.

That's one Ramsay looking motherfucker.

well, its pretty generic. The used design is a lot more unique and adds to the character a bit more then deranged child. This design does look better though.

Attached: 236ab050-1cd3-4c6e-9e6d-2ab58e6ddd06.jpg (895x1280, 116K)

> solid trilogy
> toy story

3 was a stone's toss in quality compared to the first two films.

who makes these?

I'm not familiar with that saying does that mean close to or far away.

Lunarcrown on tumblr

damn there is a lot of degeneracy on there. I thought the memes were exaggerated.

He acts like a cat?

Saw a lot of people saying that Hiccups' wife was some kinda feminist stand-in but then the whole movie goes by and her arc is just "Stand by your man and you will be stronger together." So what the hell do the bitchers want? Because if she'd been some independent tuffer-then-u type you know y'all would have shat yourselves to death.

It was a good movie. It was a great trilogy.

The movie was a-political, I'm one of the guys that gets up at star wars and stuff and Astrid was literally fine.

Attached: tumblr_png4oqnSCa1uar8ado2_1280.png (1280x682, 401K)

If it didn't stop at a trilogy the obvious plot of the 4th movie would have been Hiccup's children befriending Toothless' children (probably to save Hiccup and Toothless for some reason). I can't say I wouldn't want that to happen, I don't care about risking a drop in quality. Give us more cute badass nightfury action

>Dragons stay underground until humans stop fighting
>Dragon's patience wearing thin over time for the moment they can come back
>Dragons finally thinking it's time before annoyingly hearing the earth shake again from explosions and gunfire that pops up every 20 odd years

>if it didn't stop at a trilogy
There are a lot of people underestimating corporate greed in these threads, jeez

Holy fuck I regret going to tumblr for art

>alright I’m super proud of how this sheet turned out so here it be.

>this is Pride, the chaotic cynical OC I share with my dear friend and creative collaborator, @dragonpride99. first introduced to me over three years ago, I’ve finally made the effort to give him a semi-proper character sheet.

>so yeup, he’s Hiccup’s long-lost twin brother. they were separated when they were too young to remember each other. he was enslaved for 20 years before Hiccup found out Pride existed, and then went on a quest to find him and bring him home. and that went very well. god i love him

Attached: delete this after posting.png (1280x1011, 537K)

Could be cute

Attached: 6de53250-5a2c-4497-868b-308f7a674bf9.png (1280x927, 497K)

Your problem is that you stop and actually pay attention to shitty oc sheets

The whole Kung-Fu Panda franchise is just so-so. Not terrible in general, but not so good.

Dude every other post is like that, theres 1 piece of good art for every 30 posts like that. They also have a weird obsession with miscarriages.

>ok but hiccstrid consummating their marriage and astrid gets pregnant but ends up having a miscarriage which leaves her scarred and unwanting to try again for years which explains why theres a 4 year gap between their marriage and their first child. till years later, shes finally convinced to try again and got zephyr then nuffink.

Dunno where you're looking, I'm mostly getting fanart and gifsets

Ruined for me because Hiccup's voice. First movie it makes sense, he's the awkward teen, but he keeps that whiny tinge with a stutter that makes it impossible for me to take him seriously. Honestly I feel about it the same way I do Kung Fu Panda: Strong first, an okay sequel, and by the third I feel that's enough.

Attached: 13ad70b83df435cf.jpg (960x640, 67K)

Yeah, well I'd rather look where your looking.

Kung fu panda 2 was better than 1

Moments with Shen and Tai Lung are great, but Po as a character is fucking shitty. I loved the message of the first movie with the dragon scroll being a mirror. Shit was great. Dreamworks seem to retread the same plot points over and over:
>Po is a bit of a retarded faggot who is not sure he’s worthy but he aspires to be; gets rekt by something; goes on a bit of a journey; becomes worthy because sudden realization about some shit that an old person tells him about; proceeds to rekt enemy who are like playthings to him
>Hiccup isn’t sure he’s good enough but wants to be; gets himself into a situation that proves he’s worthy all along, but he doesn’t realize it yet because he’s retarded; because Hiccup is a retard, Toothless gets kidnapped and is in danger; Hiccup then becomes good enough because ingenuity trumps strength or some shit; saves Toothless who also saves him and they kinda save each other

That's why I say okay. Yeah the villain was a hell of a lot better, but I predicted the entire story. But that's more me being a jaded old fart in his mid 20's.

The first one was great
like most movies, the second and the sequels after are shit.

I think the only dreamwork movies that was able to pull off good sequels (only the 2nd one) were Shrek and Kung-fu Panda

Their villains were undoubtedly better though. Even a mediocre bad guy like Kai had a great theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5qae0dyQKU

>instead of travelling the world to show people dragons are by default good creatures and showing the world they can live with humans Berkians just tell their dragons to fun off and hide
>lol we’ll wait for teh ebil humanz to b gud
Worldbuilding had so much fucking potential but nah just wrap a neat little bow around the franchise and fuck off to make more Trolls and Boss baby sequels

Toothless concept is based around a mix of a cat, a dog and a horse.

Yeah, apparently they mainly did it to keep with the books, but that’s retarded because in the books Hiccup and Berk stays with the dragons in hiding, so yeah. Weird decision, it might just have come down to the director not wanting to fuck up his work with a sequel.

Attached: tumblr_pni0mscYGy1uar8ado1_1280.jpg (1280x678, 111K)

These beauties NEED to get animated at least in a short movie... For once I welcome corporate greed

I was half expecting to see two black furies and one white one, just like lady and the tramp. The lnightfuries were kawaii as fuck

Lol This company is fucked. Then again what do I know, their higher grossing films are things like Shrek or Madagascar stuff. Even fucking Boss Baby grossed more than HTTYD.

Attached: dreamworks future films.png (1026x364, 21K)

This was an overexposed series. It had a fun, if not entirely unique, theme. But it certainly wasn't deep enough for all the movies, shorts, comics, etc. that were tagged along with it

yeah, but most people see the extra stuff as tacked on anyway. The movie makers don't even consider the shows canon at all.

I don't think it had enough in it for even 3 movies.

Two solid designs
and then they made the third an abomination

Hey now, all 3 of them are cute abominations

Attached: 1534362275976.jpg (365x346, 23K)

The second one set up a trilogy in the most blatant way. The third kinda did fuck all with anything, though.

I loved the third because it went back to more personal character moments again. The second one was kinda ehh in this regard apart from when Stoic meets Valka.

I envy the lightfury, if you know what I mean.

It had enough for 3, the problem came from re-using the same plot twice. 2 wasn't as good as the first one but it was passable. 3 had a convoluted plot that involved things that didn't make sense. The villain as a parallel to Hiccup was done really poorly because he wasn't present enough to form a connection, or written well enough to be anything above slightly passable.
If I was to be put in charge of writing the 3rd I'd do it differently. note I am no writer and thought of this in the last 20 minutes

The First film had a theme of reconciliation. The main conflict wasn't with the Red Death, that was just a plot device. The real shining parts of the movie came from Hiccups relationship with Stoick and Toothless, disappointed father and lifelong enemy.

The second movie had a multiple smaller themes, ad was a bit cluttered. The two major conflicts were Hiccups rediscovery of his mother, and Toothless' competition for Alpha position. I guess the biggest theme would be standing up for the ones you love, and defending them at all costs, but again, clusterfuck.

The last two movies have been building up to Hiccup becoming Chief, so the third has to have a theme surrounding that more then "run from your problems and then hide". I'd cut the secret world out completely, as well as the dragons leaving. It was unnecessary and didn't make sense how every dragon would hide. Like no captives or any other Alphas around? I think the parallel to Hiccup is still a good idea, but instead of him being a killer to Hiccup's pacifism, make him a coward to contrast Hiccup's bravery. The conflict would be along the lines of Hiccups where this new character ran away from his responsibilities on a dragon captured by his father. I dunno, I'm still going off the 3rds use of Drago's compatriots. I don't know what the enemy would be without coming up with something contrived, but I think redoing trapper's as the main enemy isn't a good idea.

Attached: 5c0746f0b8d850658624092a341593bb.jpg (564x512, 27K)

Thing is is that Hiccup's internal conflict is resolved, hes past the point of cowardice and he has already dedicated himself to his people so he wouldn't just run. The 2nds problem of having too many subplots is to the third's detriment since now Hiccup has nothing to learn. So the only way to come up with a unique conflict is to re-use Hiccups plots on someone else, which has multiple problems that I think everyone can guess. I dunno, they wrote themselves into a corner. is kinda right that now they've beaten both dragons and humans there are no more enemies to fight.
I dunno, 20 minutes isn't enough time to think up a revolutionary plot, so whatevs. One thing I know I'd change though is I would include real night furies, or make the lightfury an actual nightfury so Toothless' line isn't destined to just flat out go extinct in like 4 generations when the lightfury genes take over. The dragons also wouldn't leave cause of a contrivance, and if they did and they had to keep their 'sekret place' ending, the Berkians would go with them.

But if you watch the movie you can obviously see that toothless’s genes are never going to go completely away because his kids are a mix of either mostly black and some white, half black and half white, or mostly white and some black.

Assuming the new black/white furies breed with other light furies, their children will still retain at least some of the black gene.

how the fuck do dragons reproduce? Is it like a chicken and the egg scenario or do they just go raw doggin.

He didn’t have to leave. It was written purely for drama that the omegathot pale dragon cunt wants him all to herself.

When that white pussy so good you gotta again don your best friend of 6 years, who you literally can not operate without except if decides to help you from the kindness of his own heart (which he does cause he loves you unconditionally).

*abandon fuck

The director said that he wrote the script for Toothless as if he was a human to be clear to the animators and one of his lines during the separation is "I don't want to leave you". Toothless' love for Hiccup makes no doubt, however the way the separation was executed was so rushed and badly justified that it makes the relationship look one sided. I'm pissed that no reason is given as to why Toothless can't spare 3 hours to fly back to Berk every now and then. As if a married couple can't have friends at the same time.

Where did you find that version of the script. Ever since I found out the roars were actually lines I’ve been looking for those versions, but I can’t find them.

Then the animators totally fucked up because Toothless looks almost happy to be able to fly solo to get a taste of that whitefury puss puss

It was the interview given to the Insider, where he also says Toothless "kind of" forgets his former life after 10 years. Though I think it means, his former life has not been on his mind for a while.

I suspect the new series might be about the kids in an alternate continuity based on the books.

Well that’s gonna be shit cause the books are kiddy shit. They have such a cool universe and they don’t use it in some way.

Well, the new series is meant to be kiddy shit.

Well, guess I’ll just sit here starving for content

I'm giving Dreamworks 5-10 years for HTTYD 4 with Hiccup's kids and the Night Lights.

Need more adult Astrid pics pls kthxbak

Imagine being Hiccup in this pic

Attached: DzZvHeQUcAAHrbk.jpg (720x675, 48K)

Damn, this design is so much better than blond Pitch Black it's not even funny. That's a pretty unique face for this series, looks more mainland European rather than scandi. And the book is a nice touch.

Attached: 2984486 - Hiccup How_to_Train_Your_Dragon.jpg (558x738, 87K)

Attached: Fong_Arthur_VioletFury.jpg (440x600, 50K)

>white Night Light wants his own Hiccup to imitate dad

Corporate greed, do your job!

Also looking at the kids I think the girl is the nerdy one and the boy is the non-smart one.

Attached: tumblr_png4oqnSCa1uar8ado1_1280.png (1280x664, 1.11M)

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

I just noticed that I liked Toothless because he acts like a cat

Just as nature intended

He suffers from the "ex-bully of main character" syndrome. Sure, they can be forgiven and even become friends with their ex-prey, but nothing good in life will ever come to them. Their entire reason for existence in the eyes of the writers was to be the bully, everything else is just keeping them around for jokes.

Only one of those I'd consider watching is Croods 2, but only because the first scratched my Snu-Snu itch.

Attached: ctvg649xzcj21.jpg (1125x1679, 205K)

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

Attached: Untitled Dean DeBlois.jpg (718x551, 263K)

Pretty much a summary of the best trait of the franchise.

that quote is pretty accurate

>That last Jonsi song in 3
Damnit. I want more but I don't want it ruined.

Attached: 1540973007251.jpg (750x570, 50K)

The music was kino. I still listen to the soundtrack from all 3 movies sometimes.

Attached: 178894d44c46d3ac82589e706a008f6e.jpg (564x519, 26K)

Remember when the teaser trailer dropped and people speculated that Hiccup was gonna sacrifice himself or Toothless was gonna die and the Nightfury we saw next to Punished Hiccup was the dragon’s offspring?

Remeber when the trailer dropped and we saw Stoic and people automatically dropped the film?

Toothless dying would have been sadder, but honestly a more satisfying ending to the series.
No?

Attached: tumblr_o7nkgd3jE61r6bn8vo2_r1_1280.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

>No?
It happened

But it was just a flashback, why would people be mad about Hiccup remembering something. Its not like he was going to rise out of the grave and start walking again.

He was brought back to tell people how much he loved dragons when it was the exact opposite. If anything, they should've showed the scene where Hiccup asks if they're going to get another mom.

Yeah I guess. I don't think Stoick ever hated dragons though. Every action he took was the protect his village. I don't think he loved them, but mostly because they attacked his village then them existing. His main gripe with Hiccup was his wimpiness, and I think he realized that the dragons were just animals, but hated them in the same way ancient cultures hated lions and shit that were dangerous to them.

Attached: 7bfa9352087ae0281b21b0a6a7ae8c1d.jpg (447x1788, 131K)

Well, we're down to image bumps now so I guess thats the thread. I hope the next one in 3 years has as much discussion.

Attached: 9cae0e430587575e2cba1b34b932573c.jpg (564x878, 62K)

Hopefully. I like these films but I'm 50/50 on whether or not it'll come back. Maybe some meme will pop up around it in 10 years.

Attached: 1551295701164.jpg (1080x1080, 67K)

nah, unless theres another movie It'll probably stay as a mostly positive memory, with autists creating threads once in a blue moon.

Attached: 5f2419b0efd9ffd43d89cde772058847.jpg (542x1472, 77K)

waste of $22

screw everyone in this thread who said it was “good”

Attached: 1D1BF4EB-07D0-4EEF-B2B8-62C94EEE60BE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

Attached: tumblr_pnyqwvxgKW1ve8jcqo2_1280.png (1246x852, 189K)

HTTYD 4 CONFIRMED BOYS!!!

If its anything, I imagine it'll just be a short.

Attached: 4B253BE7-A9DB-4739-9EEC-5A39A6A56211.jpg (1280x1600, 679K)

delete this

Is there a better way to make a villain than just "oh lok, another dragon hunter", "oh look, what if hiccup became bad instead".

But it's Toothless' child

No it isn't

tfw you will never have this

Attached: 714BAD0E-18B4-4248-BCE1-DABC45281AFF.png (850x607, 643K)

Actually have the fucker kill dragons, even the corrupt alpha queen ate other dragons, she was a serious threat, but they fuck it all up with humans, they're all supposed to be big time hunters but they give no real threat to their presence because their kill count on the screen is 0, it's all talk and no show

How do you do that and still keep the rating?

It's the new series. I'm sure it's going to involve the Hiccstrid kids and the baby dragons.

The leaked storyboards I've found show a girl that kinda looks like Zephyr, with a baby gronkle and nadder searching for somebody.

It's probably not going to be a straight continuation, though.

>new series
Who asked for this?

Same way KFP2 did genocide.
Show the damages, show the emotional scars, have the villain revel in their actions, maybe have one main dragon get killed off like Cloudjumper and show hiccups mothers pain in losing her companion, but mostly kill off the majority of backgrounders dragons, have their emotions on high.
The villain should give them an honest to God reason to run and hide, and to send their dragons away, the villain should see the dragons as pests and present himself as the best exterminator

1. Who the fuck pays for movies?
2. Who the fuck spends $22 to go see a movie?

Honestly though, the best kind of bad guy for hiccup would be "hiccup if he were bad instead", the problem is that they keep fucking it up

There is no way for that to be good

Whys that?

It can, but it has to be more then ‘smart guys who rides dragons but also kills them’. I feel like theres other aspects of Hiccups character to be explored other then his unwillingness to kill dragons. Maybe his cowardice, or confronted with a selfish version of himself who ran away from his responsibilities.

1. Theatre beats bootleg like 1000 times over
2. In LA movies cost 15$ minimum so I splurged and upgraded to Dolby just for the heck of it.

>living in LA
That's your first mistake

> confronted with a selfish version of himself who ran away from his responsibilities.
You mean his mom?

The Dolby was pretty damn good. Too bad it wasn't in 3D.
Hell it's too bad there weren't any flying scenes to utilize the 3D in this movie, like the original which was centered around it.

Well she was originally going to be a villain

To be fair she WAS going to be the original villain in 2

How would Toothless dying be a satisfying end? Every scene with him in retrospective would become painful to watch. It's the worst possible ending

>Hiccup chooses to let his tribe's dragons go to the hidden world
>This means there are now no more dragons in the world
I guess all those wild and captured ones we see literally everywhere throughout the franchise got the memo on the dragon-net or something

Attached: mortal giantdad.jpg (300x287, 66K)

Attached: elioli-art alpha and chief.jpg (1027x1912, 623K)

Yep, they all be dead m8

I'm deciding whether to dump all my images in this thread or the next one before calling it.

The next one, let's spread the discussion over a bit longer before it dies for 8 years

Yeah, ending was bad. Should have just been Toothless leaving Hiccup alone for a long time and then the ending scene being their moderately permanent reunion.

yeah, second movie basically killed any future plot by incorporating 3 different plots that could have been used later.

It's a solid trilogy. Would still rewatch Lilo and Stitch over any HTTYD movie though.

Attached: u mad bro.png (588x594, 261K)

Does Toothless pass the Harkness test? Asking for a friend

Thats an unfair comparison. Thats golden age shit you're talking about
>Does it have human intelligence
almost but no
>Can it talk or otherwise communicate with language
no
>Is it of sexual maturity for its species
Yes

So basically I think you're good.

the director of HTTYD is the voice actor of stitch

At least nothing was said in the movie or in interviews about the post epilogue situation. I'd like to think they start visiting regularly with the kids growing in parallel, but seeing how the director seems to hate the concept of having friends while having a family, I'm sure he would say something in the likes of "oh no it's a one time thing, they never see each other again after that because their friendship is such a threat... for some reason"

>How to lose your leg, your father, your island and your dragon : the franchise

This series was really good at making not-so-happy ending look like actual happy ending.

Yeah. Hiccup had such high highs and such low lows. Its a bit fucked how he did so well, only to be completely fucked over by writers not knowing how to end a movie and so ruining it for everyone.

Ending tier list
>God tier
-Berkians move in the hidden world, raiding the world to gather the rest of the dragons into safety, Hiccup's and Toothless' family grow together
>Great tier
What we have, but the hidden world is like Pirate of the Caribbean's other side and dragons come visit every time it's "open" one week per year or so (justifying why they can't visit each other while having a deep bond)
>Good tier
What we have, but with more than two minutes screen time to end a 6 year perfect symbiotic friendship (a village hall gathering to clarify why, or a goodbye flight)
>OK I guess but why doesn't Toothless visit tier
What we have
>Bad tier
What we have, but the separation is permanent
>Shit tier
Hiccup dies, giving Toothless no reason to stay with the humans, the whole franchise becomes sad in context
>Cruel tier
Toothless dies, night furies are extinct. This accomplishes nothing except as a cheap way to provoke feels and taints the whole franchise with sorrow. Possible ending if it wasn't a family movie

>4-day old thread

god why won't this just die already

did the scene in op's photo happen in the movie?

They do fly together as 30+ year olds but Toothless is "naked" as he doesn't need any equipment anymore

Dragons are basically just big scaly cats.

Because I keep bumping it :^)

Nah a lot of the older Hiccup stuff is made for the promotional material.

WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE

That's why you watch HTTYD in superior German.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLoBQ9Fn_iw

First 2 movies were great but I can't be bothered to watch the new one because the trailer already spoilt the entire film.

Have only seen a few scattered episodes of the tv shows but they seem ok, better than the Kung Fu panda show at least.

Furies irl

Attached: DF95FCE9-D144-4089-BE22-2AB17080A294.jpg (480x720, 52K)

Don't the dragons talk in the books? I don't think it's possible to deviate more than that.

The dragons talk in the script too. It’s just that they sound like dying cats in the movie for some reason.

Berk is the last dragon sactuary. That's why Drago's fleets are converging there.

There's hints in all the movies that the dragons do communicate with some form of language, but unlike the books, nobody can understand.

The new series might be brining that bit of lore into the franchise (if it connects to the past work at all).

Not bad

>What we have, but with more than two minutes screen time to end a 6 year perfect symbiotic friendship (a village hall gathering to clarify why, or a goodbye flight)
A goodbye flight sequence ending with OP's pic would've been great, but I don't understand why you think it's a great symbiotic friendship.

bump

Reminder that you have until this afternoon to enjoy HTTYD3 in IMAX before Captain Bitchface takes its place

Depends on where you live. For me Alita already too over

>Berkians move in the hidden world, raiding the world to gather the rest of the dragons into safety
I wish there was more of this. Like more than just the gang doing viking raids. It would've gone up a few points in Hidden World for me if more of the village showed up on their dragons for the final fight.

Nah, with that amount of venom, he would be dead. Even the Deathgrippers only take 4 to be controlled.

Yeah 3 is probably lethal dose, even Light Fury only took one. But the venom actually might work in a smaller quantity. At least the stun dart with a dose that was meant for a dragon had the same stun effect on a human, so it's not impossible that the mind control might work as well.

I mean only one was able to knock out fishlegs

Seemed like overkill, didn't he only use one on the light fury and control her fine, it seems to work differently when shoved into the head

Attached: monki10hours.png (669x469, 200K)

but thats wrong cause there are still trappers operating in httyd3

Please delete this

what is originally going on in this picture?

cable i think

Why, whats wrong with digital TVs?

They're a parody of political comics complaining or supporting the most stupid shit

I dont care about technicalities I just want to see cute boys suffer

Attached: 7f2f7fbc7b693009de68a3065e680ced.jpg (564x1319, 54K)

Hitting the water from that high up would almost certainly be a death sentence, not unlike hitting concrete. If he was lucky he'd be unconscious before he started sinking.

It's just water, not concrete

The damage is equivalent.
If by the slim chance you live, you will still likely be knocked unconscious and drown

But the curse of being an artist is that you never like your own work or fap to it. You're too close.

Saw the first movie. Didn’t care for it and never saw the rest.

Attached: 1543247235010.jpg (228x223, 10K)

Artists don't fap to their own work? Since when.

look up mythbusters. They did a test on it, and the pig corpse came out pretty mangled. Even if it didn't look it from the outside the shock snapped most of its bones.

Why does the render quality of the Netflix series look like shit compared to the movies? screencap related

Attached: E232745E-2975-4C2E-8699-EE5E9EAC9567.jpg (1920x816, 733K)

>why is a tv series worse then a full movie
They had to make 12 episodes every 6 months, I think for the time and budget given to them they did pretty good. Don't forget the movie had 4 years of work on it.

Now that I think about it, the main reason I dislike this series is because you have to watch the TV show in order to understand it. After watching the third movie for the first time, I thought hiccup and Astrid were still just Friends with benefits. It wasn’t until the dinner scene when the big fat guy told them to get married that I found out that they were in a relationship.

Honestly, DreamWorks could’ve made it a little more apparent during the second movie but at this point I don’t really give a fuck so whatever.

>the big fat guy
who?

it was very apparent they were dating, what are you smoking?

gobber?

Dude, the movie writers consider the shows non-canon. You didn't have to watch them, you're just a dumb-dumb

>Why does this show done on a budget doesn't look like this multimillion dollar big screen productions

You're retarded.

I've only watched the first 2 because they gave me no incentive to watch the third one. They're both very nice visually, but narratively they're pretty trash.
1st one is generic coming of age shit that encourages "fuck you dad, you don't understand how much better than you I am" faggotry which has to be the worst kind of message a coming of age story could have, and that's coming from someone who generally gives shitty messages a pass. It's somewhat coherent but it's so fucking bland I was 20 minutes into my second watch before I realized I had watched it already.
Second one is a complete mess full of lazy contrivances.
Fuck this series.

pls

Wasn't that a statue of Stoick? I agree its a nice detail, but why would it be on that statue.

>kid cartoony
>friends with benefits
How retarded are you?

It was probably a statue to showcase his life events, considering it was his wedding and all

WTF I love those trash movies now, I'll completely forgive how boring the first one was and incoherent the second one was.

you don't have to pretend you're retarded on Yea Forums user

Maybe try to defend those movies with something other than memes and I'll give you the benefit of thinking you actually have to pretend.
Calling the second one a mess isn't a controversial opinion even, it's the consensus outside of the circlejerk that these threads have become. Take a step back and take criticism earnestly, instead of the pathetic "I'm not even going to argue" fanboy defense. Fuck if you're too weak to even make an argument, or if you think I'm full of shit, why bother answering.

I'd hope no-one says these movies are perfect, they're just an inspired and solid trilogy with a lot of flair that other movies lack. The animation is beautiful, and the world is such a lovely place to live other then getting killed by flying lizards.
Also I don't get how you think this thread circle-jerks around stuff, my only guess is you haven't read it, because there are multiple posts criticizing the latter two movies. Hes giving you shit points because your criticism is largely arbitrary, and just insulting the movie. You are purposely twisting the movie's message in and your low effort post begets a low effort response.
No one thinks that this is an 11/10 set of movies, but we enjoy it enough to have a thread about it and on this board thats enough.
Is this enough of an answer for you?

How the fuck am I twisting the message? It's literally about a boy who refuses to follow his father's path and who demonstrates his father's path was wrong all along. And for no other reason that it's what has to happen in the movie.

I praised the visuals, but most of your positive takes on it aren't worth more than "insults", they're just as arbitrary. The world is "lovely"? Damn that's a non-argument.
Inspired how? It's fucking Vikings and dragons, some of the most generic medieval fantasy fare around.
And if my criticism is inane, how is it that according to you I agree with others on the second one? You can't have it both ways.

You just had to believe user. I'm proud'a you

Love this series Yea Forums

>1st one is generic coming of age shit that encourages "fuck you dad, you don't understand how much better than you I am"
This is purposely twisting the message, it wasn't about him one upping his Dad, unless you look at it in the most negative light. If you're going to criticize the coming-of-age theme do it but don't try to portray the movie like it was shitting on Stoick or Hiccup is arrogant or whatever.
>faggotry which has to be the worst kind of message a coming of age story could have,
How, even if that was the theme, thats the theme of many coming of age stories?
>and that's coming from someone who generally gives shitty messages a pass.
Sorry if I don't take your anonymous word for it.
>It's somewhat coherent but it's so fucking bland I was 20 minutes into my second watch before I realized I had watched it already.
Literally just an insult, what I meant when I referred to the arbitrary shit.
>Second one is a complete mess full of lazy contrivances.
No ones denied this, fair enough
>Fuck this series.
Is that really warranted. unless you were in physical pain, or your nephew died watching it, then I understand.

As for your criticisms of me: fair enough, I will expand on them.
1. lovely was a poor word choice, I didn't think about it, I should have used 'scenic'
2. inspired doesn't have to mean something so fucking new no ones ever seen it before. The take of the world does use old things, but in a new way, Vikings haven't fought dragons before etc. As well as this I also mean the use of the inspirations. Point to me dragon designs as good as in this movie. Not 'cool' deigns, but as many unique dragons as you can find. Show me a dragon that looks like Toothless, and has the same personality. (heres where you say hes just a cat and I say fuck you). The 'source' material is used to great effect and creates a scenic world.
3. you can be wrong about something and write about something in the same post user, thats not a point for a functional adult

Great because it's deep, symbiotic because they are co-dependent to fly until the third movie.

How did they explain the new wing in the movie again? Is it just literally an updated design with toothless's shed skin. I don't understand how it worked.

The tailfin that toothless can use on his own simply copies the movement from the other side. I don't know if its mentioned in the movie but the self-moving tailfin doesn't allow the full range of flight. Toothless is much more maneuverable with Hiccup calling the shots then using a gimp tailfin, since stuff like barrel rolls requires different movement on both sides. He can fly with it though so thats kind of enough.

There's a gear mechanism with rods that mirror the movement of the intact fin.

What I loved
>hic/Astrid flying through the hidden world (fucking beautiful and worth it for the 4k alone)
>cage/trap scene with the acid/fire

What I hated
>several moments throughout the film that could have been serious/silent but they HAD to add comedic relied to every. Single. One.

Overall
I'm kinda sad it's "over" (4th wouldn't surprise me), but it's a really fantastic world they've created, and a lot of the charm is the mystery that comes with it.

also, is this the first time we see an outline of Astrid's boobs?(end of film in wedding gown)

Attached: tumblr_n75j5l4P3R1qksouoo1_500.png (500x333, 212K)

Yes to the outline.

There's a couple of shots where her bust size is noticeable in every movie, but it's specially prominent in this one. I figure it's the jacket.

The epilogue even gives us a shot down her cleavage for a couple of seconds while she's flying with Stormfly.

Holy fucking shit guys...

he'll notice it
The monkey's paw strikes again

Attached: @oceanux emotional support dragon.jpg (1080x978, 101K)

>you're wrong about the message
>I'm not actually going to correct you though
Okay

That's not what an insult is at all, nor us it arbitrary, it's literally what happened, but clearly you don't think someone can disagree with you in good faith so why do I bother.

>You can't hate a movie if it didn't physically hurt people
Nah fuck that

Dragons are literally part of Norse mythology to begin with, where the fuck do you think Drakkars come from. And fucking hearthstone of all things has more diverse dragon designs.

>not the point of a functioning adult
So you were throwing stones from an insult house all along. Go fuck yourself, faggot.

I've been attempting to find these three volumes from the Riders of Berk comic:

4. The Stowaway
5. The Legend of Ragnarok
6. Underworld

Does anyone know where they may be found? Torrent, download, cbr, read online, anything? I've managed to find basically all the other HTTYD comics (which I can post links to) except for these three.

Attached: ˂(°) ˀ.jpg (124x125, 2K)

The movie has a message of reconciliation, and overcoming relationship trials. Hiccup doesn't shove anything into his fathers face, and while he is justified in the end, thats the plot of most shows which has a 'friend-as-an-enemy'. If you just hate that plot point, then whatever I guess its just a you thing and not a movie thing. I don't think it was particularly different in this movie. Also shit about 'encouraging' certain behaviors is fucking retarded dude. No kid is gonna defy their parents cause they watched a cartoon on flying lizards.

>Nah fuck that
its exaggeration dude, I'm just wondering why you added that to the end. The movie wasn't offensive or anything, you just seem to have a lot of anger.

Ok, I didn't know dragons were part of Norse mythology, but despite that theres no way you can claim its been explored to the extent httyd did.

This is an Internet argument man. Belittling your opponent is kinda the name of the game. Your 'insult' was targeted at the movie, while mine was at you. Calling you out for an insult directed at something that isn't a person doesn't make me hypocritical for insulting you. If I called you out for insulting ME then it would be hypocritical. 7/10 attempt at redirection though

theres comics?

Yeah but they're of varying quality. I found them reasonable enough to enjoy.

It doesn't need to be shoved in anyone's face, the movie frames it as Stoic being a misunderstanding father to his child, but he's perfectly reasonable, what isn't reasonable is Hiccup not only being right but stumbling upon the proof that he's right largely by sheer coincidence. That and adding a layer of "that was the tradition all along ackshully". It's clumsy as fuck and makes Stoic and basically everyone who isn't a dragon loving hippie like Hiccup look like fools.

This would be a more cogent message if it was in a movie for adults with the father being the protagonist: "don't belittle you wimpy kid, he might be onto something", but here it's just validating shitty teenager behavior where they think they know better than those who came before. Of course nobody rebelled directly because of those movies, but they're certainly validating a certain sense of misplaced rightfulness that's very common in adolescents.

I have the same issue with Moana, except at least there the father is shown to be unreasonable out of personally experienced fear, not reasonable but just wrong because of happenstance.
So it's not just the message I have an issue with, as I said I can usually let that go, it's with the dumb way it's delivered.

You failed to explain why insulting someone is more fair than insulting something, especially when it's obvious insulting something indirectly insults the people who like it. Nice attempt at misdirection though 5/10.

That would be true if Stoick wasn't also shown to be decently correct in his thinking. Being disappointed in his son is one thing, and yeah thats not great but its understandable. It is perfectly reasonable for Stoick to stick to hating dragons, more then just tradition since dragons have been raiding and killing him and his own. I don't thik its to hard to look from his perspective and see that he is right in his own way about the dragons.

Your talk about it encouraging bad behaviors is retarded dude, and I think if you feel so strongly you should report back to /pol/ or whatever conspiracy site you come from that told you this. No reasonable human looks to children cartoons as some morale lessons. This sort of story has been told for fucking ages, and you're projecting if you think people are treating them as a life bible.

I don't get how you can see why the fathers scared in Moana but can't in a movie where it is stated that the mans wife was fucking killed by dragons that also kill a fuck-ton of vikings and make their lives that much harder.

Attached: d300a222a11942eb42be5326c5388e73.jpg (564x557, 40K)

As for the insulting, maybe it isn't so different, but from my perspective heres why what i did is different to what you did.

You: without any prompting, and in a criticism of the movie decided to add that it is bland, and that because of that you watched it partially a second time. Thats a you thing dude, just cause you were too tired or too drugged out to make out the fact your movie has started again isn't a problem with the movie. I know when a movie I dislike ends, I don't understand how you couldn't. So because of something YOU did (spacing out enough for the movie to replay) you insult the movie and call it bland. Call it bland by all means but give a reason other then "I wasn't paying attention". Its a shit criticism, mainly because as I said above its a You thing if you don't realize the movies ticked over.

On the other hand, I insulted you because of something YOU did, namely be a little retarded. Realizing you can make two points and be wrong about one and right about the other isn't a hard skill to have, and because you lack that skill or purposefully didn't use it I insulted you. Thats why I think mine had a bit more weight then yours.

Sorry I didn't expand that before, fair enough that it needed some clarification, but here I've split my post to expand on it.

tl;dr You insult is bad cause you used it without areal argument, my insult was good because I used it on top of the point I had made.

Also bonus points for copying me. 3/10 creativity. I'm gonna have to call your mum and ask her why this score isn't the same as all the other kids in 3rd grade

Anyone?

I doubt it man, if you can't find it on a google search I doubt anyone here is enough of a fanatic to have tracked them down.

lmao imagine having taste this bad

Attached: Watch-out-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here.jpg (625x483, 64K)

How is the message of this movie (we are a target, we must give up) not in direct contradiction with the second movie (They can throw anything at us, we have our dragons). What has changed?

It was in direct contradiction.

It's a contradiction. The greatest failure of this movie is that the threat doesn't feel even slightly credible. It's not worse than anything they ad to face before, and it triggering a mass flight response makes no sense.

I know, he derailed the thread pretty hard

pics or it didn’t happen

It happens at the end fren

he said franchise so he means tv show too

I think it's the mesage of 2 is valid at the time of the movie, but between the two films Berk gets overcrowded, the big Grimmel armada is the push to move away. After Grimmel is defeated, dragons can't stay because Berk can't just welcome all the dragons in the world, and as they do they attract bigger and bigger armadas of triggered humans who don't like that lifestyle.
So at the end of 2, the message stands because the scale of things is manageable. So the message is now outdated

Attached: 91039354-b57e-469c-9303-7385c56e280d.png (1280x538, 301K)

My only qualm with the series is that there isn't a straight up adventure and exploration movie. We get a sense that Hiccup and Toothless do that between 1 and 2, but theyre always tied to Birk, so they cant truly go that far.

The 2nd and 3rd films (being kids films) are also slightly too short. They've benefit from another 20-30 minutes to build towards the climax, especially with 2 the climax happens very quickly, 3 has slightly better pacing. But could still use a bit more meat in the middle.

Otherwise it's a perfect trilogy.

toothless isn't white, and he should be missing half a tail at the end

That isnt toothless you absolute dingus

He played you like a fiddle

Cause its a show and not a multi million dollar movie? It's budget is much smaller despite a larger run time, also significantly less time to work on it.

Do you think that great CGI just comes out of peoples asses?

The 2nd film makes it very clear they're a couple. Her braiding hiccups hair, they're entire talk at the beginning. 100% the movies make it pretty damn clear.

Clone Wars is a tv show and not a multi million dollar movie, yet it looks great. Why can't this?

Are you fucking stupid user?

Not once in ANY of the first two films do Hiccup/Astrid label their relationship.

As I said in my post, SOLELY from watching the first two films, you would think that Hic/Ast were just fwb and that they were close (was kinda getting strong brother/sister vibes esp. from the 2nd movie),

Then 3 comes out of nowhere with talks of them getting married. There was 0 buildup from "friendly chats/light petting" to "let's tie the knot."

Shit writing if you ask me.

Nah they were pretty obviously romantic in 2

>(was kinda getting strong brother/sister vibes esp. from the 2nd movie),
This raises all sorts of questions I'm not sure I want an answer to.

Attached: 1518204616153.png (527x431, 114K)

Dude, they have shitloads of romantic undertones starting from ROMANTIC FLIGHT in the first movie.

There's affectionate kisses, mouth included, in every movie.

In 2 and 3 they are flirty as fuck in all their interaction.

You are insane.

give me 3 good examples

keep it in your pants, user

1. I agree, in the 3rd movie it is obvious they are in a relationship given that he had to have fucked her at some point after the wedding but before the epilogue (most likely more than once) because of how they have 2 children that look like mirror images of their parents.
2. As for the mouth to mouth (which happened only 2 times, once in the 1st and once in the 2nd), that is easily been written off as a fwb and/or viking culture.
3. No flirtation was to been seen in 1 or 2.

My point is, you have to watch the shitty TV show to know that they were in a relationship in the first place. Like I said in my first post, I had no clue that they were bf/gf until they started talking about getting married. Again, this is due to shitty writing and the movie animators assuming every person watching 3 also watch the 8 seasons worth of shitty tv on netflix before going to the theatre.

/rant

Astrid and Hiccup's whole relationship was super toxic. They never even seemed to like each other as actual people. They both were just trophies to each other.

She certainly never appreciate his intelligence or creativity. When he was an outsider nerd with some interesting ideas, she was a massive cunt to him. It's only after he gained some actual power that she did a 180 and started lusting after him, and even then she never came to appreciate what actually made him special as a person.

Meanwhile, he just wanted her because she was hot, even though she mostly treated him like shit and they didn't have much in common.

I think he's just retarded.

>implying a kids movie would EVER imply two characters are just FWB instead of romantic
>thinking this shit is brother/sister vibes

Attached: kiss.png (865x624, 896K)

Why is he kissing his sister?

because they loooooooooooooove each other

Nah dude I do that with my sister all the time.

>given that he had to have fucked her at some point after the wedding but before the epilogue (most likely more than once)

no. hiccup got cucked by snotlout

Attached: 1551505868150.jpg (722x1080, 141K)

I liked Eret, shame he did nothing

Attached: f5bf10d8-2bfd-4b27-8974-7a3be8cf4b47.jpg (1145x1000, 304K)

If nothing else it would be perfect for the holiday specials half their other properties always seem to get.

Someone should make a chad snot pout vs virgin Hiccup meme

It was too big a box office failure to justify it. It's a shame, the movie had great ideas and really good animation, but I have never seen DW blunder with the pacing so hard. So many filler scenes to show off the characters, but the plot was paper thin and the movie just kept meandering around.

If only it wasn't so tragically just ahead of its time, a few more years and it could have rode this capeshit madness wave even despite its many flaws.

How was it ahead of its time?

It was a capeshit team movie just before the big capeshit team boom.

Avengers was already out by then

incredibles happened
FF happened
Xmen happened

bump

Really? I was avoiding it because the models and the cheesy humour

Attached: 80e320a60aac93820167e13de9970fd8.jpg (500x350, 26K)

si, s3 onward

Me too. He even seemed to be smarter and wiser than Snotlout despite what Hiccup's mother says in the end.

I kinda wished there were more Night Furies. I would've loved to see how they act together or in a group

They just needed an excuse to get a celeb actor in (Kit Harrington). His character could have just played a minor role, but they expanded it for the sake of having him in the advertising.

how to kill this thread in 4 posts part 1

>spent $20 for HTTYD3 in IMAX
>want to check it out again the 3D version in a few days
>ends up the worst movie in the series with a shitty villain

Attached: CDFB25A7-AF58-4742-B1D8-3C2BC8E14E91.png (432x550, 195K)

Whoever wanted MILFSTRID, here you go

Attached: 0FB96282-EF36-4FFF-97D9-C4AC5A832487.gif (540x223, 2.16M)

and, 500

See y'all in 4 years.

Anons, that ending hit me really hard. Like harder than any other movie has, including Pixar. The scene from the first movie in which Toothless putting his head to Hiccup's hand being recreated with Hiccup taking his hand away from Toothless when Toothless leaves hit me the hardest. I'm grateful we got to see their reunion and it just makes it hit harder.

I even made some art, here's a WIP. I know the movie had a lot less scope and spectacle than the two movies before it, but the ending and worth it all.

Attached: Hiccup and Toothless's Farewell.jpg (1500x2000, 178K)

see ya space hiccup

That's a good draw, man! You gotta place you upload since the thread's about to die?

This tell us

>You gotta place you upload
do you mean add it to the artbooru once its finished? Or just post it to any relevant thread once I'm finished?

I meant like a tumblr or twitter or something. Those work too.

This is really cute, I hope we can get something like this 10 or 20 years from now

IT HURTS

Alrighty sir, I was planning on doing those anyway once I'm done

Goodbye's always get me. Especially the last Jonsi song they used. At least they visit each other.

I may have taken almost a week, but this thread finally hit the bump limit. Good job guys, see you in like 4 years.

Attached: tumblr_o7jutmCw0u1r6bn8vo1_1280.jpg (1280x1810, 695K)