Did the constant hiatuses kill all goodwill for this show? or would people have turned on it anyway?

did the constant hiatuses kill all goodwill for this show? or would people have turned on it anyway?

Attached: tumblr_plrqlhTxJF1tyjz50_400.png (400x428, 158K)

A combination of ever prevalent design inconsistencies, drama, and the fans over on tumblr Sperging out over people not liking the show, it would have bombed even before all the hiatuses.

Hiatuses mostly, with a healthy dose of a rabid fanbase birthing a rabid hatebase that were in hot competition to see who could out-sperg the other. Also season 4 was generally kind of shitty, but I think it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if not for the hiatuses.

I only really stuck around for the monster of the week. After that trend fell by the wayside I stopped following the show as much. Now that the corrupted gems plot is resolved I have no reason to at all.

You over-play the ill will. People who still liked Steven Universe still liked Steven Universe all the way to the "end." The only thing that created ill will were excessive townie episodes slowing down the plot. Fucked release schedules are just a fact of life in the cartoon world. If you like cartoons then you have to be used to it by now.

Hiatuses aren't really that a big problem. Only people who are bitching about SU are /pol/fags who try to hide under the guise of "bad writing".

season 4 just sucked and season 5 was worse

Plenty of SUfags and Tumblrfags think the writing is bad, the show has demonstrated shit writing in lots of plotlines

The show began slowly declining in quality around the seccond half of season 2, both in art and writing.

Believe it or not, they actually had model sheets in the first season

SUfags are aware of the inconsistencies but they mostly shrug it off or find reasonable excuses for them. Haters always dismiss those reasons and use them for shitpost.

Watching the show killed my goodwill toward the show, hiatuses or not.
The more watched it, the less I liked it, and all of the little things that didn't seem like a big deal early on became more and more apparent as the show continued.

but what if... our penis gets in the way?

Problem was the objectively terrible writing and decisions for the show starting with season 3.

Attached: 1546945324802.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

I'd say maybe not but it was a HUGE factor.

I'm sure most Townie episodes would have been way more bearable if there weren't in between gigantic hiatuses, cause things would have flowed more naturally and we would have gotten back to the plot easier.

I realized during the start of Season 2 that the show would have a lot of missed opportunities and weird writing, but I stayed to see how the story would unfold. I think it was a fun journey and since episodes are like 10 minutes each I don't feel my time was wasted.

I'm not one to get super immersed in fandoms, but I could see why those that do feel they could have spent "their time" elsewhere.

I would change a lot about the show if I was given the chance to remake it, but I'm ok with what we have now. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that they hammed up the cheesiness of it toward the end (Season 5). They were more concerned about making a show for themselves than for an audience imo. I think they were just tired, quite honestly.

>Believe it or not, they actually had model sheets in the first season
they still do, they just stopped posting them on tumblr for some reason. the quidd stickers have some poses taken from them.

Attached: tumblr_pnn7xqSm621t6eox8_640.png (539x960, 229K)

I was about to pick this up but I see people say it has bad writing. What do they mean by this? I don't mind spoilers.

It has the same problem a lot of anime does: 75% of the show is filler

I think the good will would have faded anyway. Hiatuses or not the show had some serious pacing issues, the townie episodes are still in between the episodes that advance the plot, and was a lot of inconsistencies in art, writing and characterization that would make people question the quality of the show.

Maybe they wanted to avoid criticism from fans complaining that characters where out of model.

You're probably right. A lot of the fun of the show was the mystery factor, and it's very hard to maintain that while also progressing with the story

The show killed itself by trying to be an entirely different thing every ten episodes or so
Imagine if pokemon started with ash capturing pokemons and getting medals but after the third one he got into a pokemon school and that lasted the test of the season and then he started working at a nail salon

The hiatuses were part of it, the other was the storytelling in general. Personally, I stopped watching after the Cluster arc. Conflicts just kept getting defanged. A story with nothing at stake is a bad story.

probably later on. don't know where, though.

>sugar is taking advice from people who call her a nazi sympathiser in the same breath
sad!

>They still do, they just stopped posting them on tumblr for some reason.
It was probably due to an order from the suits at CN.

I think they did a season where he went to Pokemon school actually.
Seemed pretty counter to the appeal of that universe, but I guess in a world of adventure and independence, people would rather just have highschool drama.

>sad!

Attached: 1546559743096.jpg (604x600, 68K)

when I could binge watch like 3 seasons back to back I enjoyed it a lot
but the fact that doing it that way allowed me to skip things at will (which I did in fact do) says a lot.

Hiatus,
SU is better received than other shows, to even keep a fandom, unlike the Nu tmnt or others cartoons

Maybe if she didn't want to be called a nazi sympathizer she shouldn't have let the nazi dictator villains off the hook for all their unforgivable crimes just because they were sad about their sister being dead

Punishing them would've fixed nothing.
By redeeming them, Steven saved the corrupted gems on Earth, like Centipeetle/Nephrite and Jasper.

I just realized something. SU is preaching Machiavellian philosophy. How fucking bizzar

It's 50% not 75%

>punishing them would've fixed nothing
IT'S ALMOST LIKE IF YOU WROTE THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THE DRIVING POINT BEHIND THE SHOW BEHIND A FRIENDSHIP WITH LITERAL SPACE NAZI GENOCIDERS YOUR CONCEPT IS INHERENTLY FLAWED

>don't pick a fight you can't finish
would be a decent story point, but they didn't stick to it. you had steven complaining to blue from his prison cell even though connie was going to die

Why is he so perfect?

Attached: tumblr_plrvznr9Hv1xlez6to1_1280.jpg (1280x1656, 427K)

>You over-play the ill will. People who still liked Steven Universe still liked Steven Universe all the way to the "end."

These are the guys who like the show just because there is faggotery in the middle.

>SUfags are aware of the inconsistencies but they mostly shrug it off or find reasonable excuses for them.

Still they say shit about everyone if they aren't in the "OHMYGOD IT'S SO GAY" mood.

SunnyD is the best

Attached: Radical.png (628x848, 917K)

Hiatuses is what killed it for me. Honestly though the finale looks fun, so I might go back. If OK KO goes to bomb format though, I'm dropping it like a sack of bricks for a long fucking while

Townie episodes, plot going nowhere, steven acting like a robot not asking questions, SINGING AND CRYING, CRYING AND SINGING, shit tier plot after the show peaked within the first 2 seasons, a garbage after garbage diamond reveals, literally years without new episodes, not communicating with fans, and that pink diamond reveal were all reasons I stopped watching this show a while ago. It does nothing new, and it peaked after season 1 and halfway through season 2, beyond is just boring trash and townie episodes that nobody cares about because only Lars plays a part in the bigger story.