Why was Avatar the only good/successful western take on a serious, episodic animated show?

why was Avatar the only good/successful western take on a serious, episodic animated show?

Attached: last-airbender.jpg (700x394, 73K)

Beast Wars: Transformers

The same reason there are only a few anime worth watching at all; it’s hard to create good cartoons. Western animated television not aimed exclusively at children is a much newer concept in the West than Japan.

You mean besides W.I.T.C.H., which surpassed it in literally every way other than popularity with a very similar story?

Kids these days...

Attached: gargoyles_main.jpg (825x464, 43K)

Classic varying mileage.
Personally I thought Trollhunters also had enough good stuff in it to be considered good.

Also, western television is pretty antithetical to serialized storytelling. Even Season 1 of Avatar is clearly not as serialized as the other two.
Wakfu Season 2 was less serialized because the network was pushing for an episodic, rerun-friendly show for the kiddies.
Hell, even Wander Over Yonder was meant to be more serialized in Season 2 (and canned Season 3) but Disney said NOPE.

Serialized shows have a much better chance on streaming services. Only time will tell if they can fulfill their potential.

Ps.: To this day Avatar's existence perplexes me. Can someone fucking explain how it got greenlit on Nickelodeon of all places? It was pretty much their one and only serialized franchise. Why did they ever want such a thing?

Attached: TrollhuntersS2.jpg (640x451, 397K)

Fuck you and your limited knowledge of cartoons

Attached: tron__uprising_1.jpg (1200x800, 89K)

Witch is an adaptation of a comic book, tho

>only good
you deserve to get slack for this really misinformed and frankly shit opinion

The west made cartoons that were for adults before the second world war

Attached: 1514730139402.png (1324x892, 161K)

Is space racing serious?
I say Oban regardless, since the world was at stake.

Attached: THIS.png (232x132, 6K)

Needs some random ass mention of hating America, especially since it "failed" witch

At least season 1

Attached: Nox_wakfu.jpg (500x652, 114K)

So? OP didn't say original material only.

>Needs some random ass mention of hating America
Replace the samefag shit with that, because I literally never said that. Then it would be accurate (except for the not watching part ofc)

Seriously though, fuck the US for robbing the world of the greatest cartoon in history.

Ben 10?

I tried watching that and it was awful
I'm sure people only recommend it because of the waifu

is the superior Jetix show.
is the superior Weisman show.

>JLA and JLA:Unlimited

Ok kidd

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Based
Cringe.
Get out of here, witchfag

>DCAUshit instead of Teen Titans and The Batman
Cringe and bluepilled

Because West makes serious episodic stories into life-action TV shows.

learn some fucking English

Extensive planning. And even then they had to make some changes on the fly and pray they worked out.