Is it just me or is this year the anti-MCU hype compared to last year?

Is it just me or is this year the anti-MCU hype compared to last year?

I mean, it felt like there was so much hype for Black Panther and Infinity War, and now there feels to be no talk about Endgame and disdain for Captain Marvel.

Attached: Poster.jpg (1688x2500, 3.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

criticschoice.com/search/?s=Captain Marvel
pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-avengers-endgame-tracking-for-titanic-265m-record-opening/
washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/brie-larson-doesnt-want-you-reviewing-her-superhero-movie-white-males
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody wants Captain Marvel, and knowing Captain Marvel is going to be the POKE of Endgame has soured it for many people.

Plus Mysterio being in Spider-man Far From Home has spoiled the whole movie.

No? Everybody I know is pumped for both Cap & Endgame, and Endgame doesn't even have its second trailer yet.

People want Endgame but Captain Marvel was always hated by Marvel fandom in general since she stopped being a drunk menace.Plus all the gurl powah bullshit that ruined star wars seems pretty close to affect MCU

I feel there is a bit of an existential ennui that set in following Infinity War. Mostly a self inflicted attempt to dull the pain of having to wait the better part of a year to get the conclusion of a movie. At least that's how I've been dealing with it.
Don't understand hating on Captain Marvel. Probably just whiny mammoni.

>Don't understand hating on Captain Marvel.

Marvel's constant pushing of her as a character and outright lying about her popularity with comic book fans has lead to exhaustion and aggravation that will culminate in this movie. The amount of denial towards Carol Danvers from Marvel borers on the derranged.

I wonder why, what do Captain Marvel and Endgame have in common hmmm

People in the real world are extremely hyped for both Captain Marvel and Endgame. They just don't feel the need to advertise it.

Everything was building up to Infinity War but it was underwhelming. Thanos' plot, which the whole thing hinges on, doesn't make much sense. We already know the snap gets undone, even when the movie came out, movies with the dead characters were already scheduled. Captain Marvel is the first case so far of a lead actor in an MCU movie actively politicizing everything and even insulting the comics (trashing Carol's old costume). And now she is being sold as the most powerful MCU character, so she's gonna ride in on a white horse and beat Thanos in Endgame. So predictable. I'm just ready for this phase to be over. I won't see Captain Marvel and might even skip Endgame. I can wait a few months and pirate a copy to find out what I missed. I'm pretty bored with the MCU. It seems like their new plans are for Young Avengers and probably legacy characters to replace the retiring actors. I'm not interested in that. I'm interested to see what they do with X-Men and FF, but other than that I've had enough at this point.

Eh, still not as bad as that annoying Inhumans push.

Infinity War is such a neat ending to the whole saga I'm kinda wary about ruining it if what comes next is some retconning bullshit, which most likely it'll be because when has it not been the case

It's tiresome, that's why. It's the same movie over and over again
How many times
can you make the same movie

over
and
over
again

Also what's funny about Captain Marvel is that you have literal communist comic book writers who hate corporations and think capitalism should be abolished writing
>WHY AREN'T YOU SPENDING MONEY SO THIS DULL GENERIC COPY+PASTE MOVIE FROM DISNEY CAN MAKE MILLIONS?!
Like they do every time because they're fucking liars. Disney has realized that they can lie out the ass and pay journalists to call people shitlords to inflate the worth of their garbage copy+paste movie.

>MCU is essentially structure like a glorified TV show
>Everyone knows after the 3 or 4th season of a show is when things go to shit.
>People are rightfully to expect that after Endgame if things don't change in terms of style, it's going to quickly become shit.

It's just this site being full of election tourists that have been brainwashed into thinking that fighting the MCU is the redpilled thing to do. In real life people are pretty hyped for these movies.

There is hype for Endgame, Captain Marvel is the one that's getting some controversy but only on the internet. MCufags are as always excited for everything. Normies I've talked to are hyped for Endgame but pretty whatever to curious about Captain Marvel.

Everyone is tired of these stupid movies

>Everybody I know is pumped for both Cap & Endgame

Yeah I am hyped to see Cap in Endgame and I a little nervous about his story possibly concluding in this movie. I'll miss Evans if he leaves.

They wasted a 10-year build up of the Avengers saving the day and stopping Thanos to shill some random blonde superhero.

If they had left CM after Endgame and Infinity War it would be fine, but making her the main character and star of the final big chapter of the MCU’s great epic is dumb.

This. Yea Forums needs to stop acting like Yea Forums's the only place in existence.

It's the same crowd of butthurt people from both side. I honestly don't care about CM but I just find it silly that people are treating her like she's the second coming or that her movie is some kind of achievement for women or whatever. Brie Larson also comes off as a bit self-centered but that's pretty normal for a lot of Hollywood actors and actresses.

Reminder that this time last year you people were calling 2018 the year Marvel would die.

Nobody wanted Black Panther.
Black Panther was going to be an absolute trainwreck because it was a piece of virtue signaling SJW nigger garbage.

Nobody wanted Infinity War.
Infinity War was going to be an absolute trainwreck because nobody cared about Thanos.

Marvel was died, buried, it was finally over, super hero fatigue had finally settled in, the audiences had moved on, they were done.

They're not going to ruin it, but after a ten year hype there's not much I can think of that will make Endgame conclusion "worth it."

The problem is that Ant Man 2 and Captain Marvel are just filler until Endgame, and everything after that milestone isn't really exciting.

Except for maybe Black Panther literally no one thought this jackass. Stop trying to act all underdog Marvelfags.

The MCU hasn't been the underdog in about a decade, I'm saying only retards like OP continuously cry wolf about their death supposedly being around the corner every year.

Black Panther was a fluke. It became an event based entirely off of pride in the black community over one of 'their' films making it big. You're not going to get Captain Marvel doing the same thing.

Infinity War was literally only because Marvel was holding their favorite characters hostage and a bunch of actors confirmed that there would be a ton of them leaving/retiring in that movie.

You don't get that benefit this year. All of womynkind isn't going to go see Captain Marvel on the basis of her being a woman and every dwarf in the universe isn't going to go see Ant man. Sit down, drone.

alll normies were hyped for both ignore 4chans racism gimmick

So when the kweenie slay movie barely breaks ant man numbers, who's face can I rub shit in?

Can't wait to see endgame so I can finally move on from watching all these fucking movies.

>no! the capeshit bubble's gonna pop any minute now! it will sure happen!
That's you.

Infinity War snapped away most of the Phase 2 and 3 Avengers, setting up Endgame as this grand send-off for the Phase 1 OG's, which is appropriate seeing as though about half of them have all but explicitly said they're not coming back for Phase 4. Enter Captain Marvel, a movie starring an obnoxious faux-SJW actress, starring in a role that 100% should have been saved for Phase 4. Oh, and it's a prequel, which means it falls into the same pitfalls as every Disney prequel being pumped out right now: 0 stakes, endless abrasive cameos, easter eggs, and, "Wow so that's why X character is like this!" bullshit normie pandering.

So you take a Phase 4 movie, sandwich it unceremoniously between the culmination of Phases 1-3, and deny the fans of the first generation Avengers their catharsis by having a literal who GIRL POWER walking plot device swoop in without any degree of build up at all and save the fucking universe.

When put in that light I'm sure you can understand why the hype has been mulled quite a bit.

Attached: 1484071352920.png (500x276, 188K)

>Captain Marvel
>distain

Attached: OsakaLaughs.gif (250x188, 1.2M)

>normie
So you have no idea what you're talking about and basing all of your claims on shit you read on Yea Forums instead of from actual people? Good to know.

These two. Maybe stop hanging out on Yea Forums and clicking on bullshit Youtube videos and you'll see there's plenty of interest in both movies right now, to the point no one can stop talking about them.

There's also the fact that Endgame's promotion hasn't quite started yet beyond two short teasers, which have shown very little. Once the promos get going and there's a barrage of content (interviews, emojis, whatever the fuck), you'll see hype building up to it again.

What? Are you trying to say that because I recognize normie pandering when I see it that Yea Forums is the only community I've read capeshit commentary on? Because I use the word normie appropriately that means I don't watch and discuss these movies with "real people"?

Lol what a poor fucking attempt at a counter argument. Lurk moar new friend.

Attached: 1478648964007.png (466x525, 277K)

>no talk about Endgame
because they are keeping the marketing low key until CM is released, you cant put together the plot pretty much beat for beat like IW
>disdain for Captain Marvel
ultra brainlets falling for youtubers clickbait, aka most of Yea Forums

>Reminder that this time last year you people were calling

You're confusing Yea Forums posters with Yea Forums again

>I recognize normie pandering
You don't comprehend a major studio trying to advertise to as wide an audience as possible without thinking it's some kind of "normie pandering". That's how cringe you are. You don't understand basic concepts without resorting to Yea Forums speak.

>the same pitfalls as every Disney prequel being pumped out right now: 0 stakes, endless abrasive cameos, easter eggs, and, "Wow so that's why X character is like this!" bullshit normie pandering

These are the specifics I identified as normie pandering. It has nothing to do with how Marvel Studios are framing CM or Endgame to the public. For one, pandering is bad on a fundamental level, regardless of who or what is being pandered or pandered to. If the only way Marvel Studios can reach "as wide an audience as possible" (read: normies) is to force in the poor narrative elements I cited just as their cousins are doing with Star Wars, than that's bad on the studio and its bad on the art that's produced of it.

If a studio is attempting to reach a wider audience by upsetting the audience they already have, that's an act that should be disdained, not fucking applauded.

>That's how cringe you are. You don't understand basic concepts without resorting to Yea Forums speak.

Yeesh, ad hominem, and using the words: "cringe" and "Yea Forums speak" sans irony. You really aren't from around these parts, are you son?

>ultra brainlets falling for youtubers clickbait, aka most of Yea Forums
And self-deceit. Reminder that earlier today, someone was earnestly pushing a conspiracy about Disney purposely buying theaters "worldwide" to show exclusively Captain Marvel during the premiere week.
>inb4 "i-it was a joke"
As if someone would go through the effort of making a thread 4 times in a row and bypass bans just to make a joke.

Attached: 1538985064574.jpg (452x680, 64K)

Yea Forums is not fandom in general. We’re the offbrand, the fringe. We may not like Cap but the world at large likes her or at the very least is divided

I don’t want this man staring at little girls

The fact that Yea Forums is supposed to be some grand meeting of the minds is fucking dumb. Normies are heads above the goblin fucks that crawl around this shithole

For once it actually is just you

the 2016 election should've proved that "The population and the pulse of the world"aren't random Twitter nobodies. But people still think that some dude with 100 followers is the voice of the world

Attached: 1539560951315.gif (540x540, 1.24M)

Imagine watching a movie, and about a quarter of the way through, noticing some fucking guy in a sweater and glasses with a little beard turned around, watching you intently. He turns away, but pretty soon hes watching you again. You try to ignore him, but it becomes obvious hes watching you, not the movie. Suddenly you're thinking about what your face looks like, your body position. Whys this guy watching me? You're not watching the movie anymore. You're watching yourself, your thoughts, your actions. You feel yourself starting to sweat. And that motherfucker is still watching you.

I'm interested in endgame, i have no intrest in captian marvel. I just want to see cap and iron man on the big screen one last time. After that i have no intrest in anything mcu related. The orginal cast will be gone and the magic will be gone along with it. If they have captian marvel come in and save the day, so be it. Just means they're afraid that she can't support the next waves of movies on her own and need the backing of the orginal cast to prop her up for fear she'll flop. Basically the marvel cinematic universe lives or dies based on how end game goes. For me its over when end game is.

Then he shifts his gaze and flashes you a smile. Your nubile yet developed body reacts instinctively to this, but you don't understand what's going on. You try and focus into the movie again, but you cannot help but feel flushed. "Why is this happening to me?" you say to yourself, as your legs squirm and feel some warmth rising beneath your lower body. The older man grins and your head starts filling with all sorts of taboo thoughts. "He's so not unlike the boys at school", you catch yourself thinking, as your tongue inadvertently slips across your upper lip.
"Mommy, can I go to the bathroom?", you whisper to your mother, entranced by Doctor Strange's colorful prestidigitation on the silver screen. "Sure, you go but don't take too long", she says.
And as you furtively walk down the stairs of the dark room, you feel someone following after you, his height towering above yours....

criticschoice.com/search/?s=Captain Marvel
Oh shit, critics have started to send in their ratings for Captain Marvel and things are looking bad
for the incel crowd

Attached: 1471566932382.gif (480x270, 1.88M)

The people watching Marvel movies in theaters do not give a single fuck about what Marvel does to their comic fans.

Not that I'm questioning it, but it doesn't say how many have voted so there's no way to tell what's in here.

Things will go to shit because we already know that Iron Man and Captain America will die in Endgame, because Disney shot itself on the foot with the James Gunn fiasco and because people will slowly start to lose interest when the less marketable heroes are the ones leading the team up movies which will most likely end up feeling very repetitive since those always have to increase the stakes.

Not like the comic book fans will matter soon.

Nobody expected it to get bad ratings, though.

>but making her the main character and star of the final big chapter of the MCU’s great epic is dumb.
Who the fuck is saying that she is the main character of Endgame?

Marvelfag here, i am not hyped for Captain Marvel at all. It looks like some generic ass standard action movie with an extremely unattractive lead, yeah no thx

Attached: nigger.jpg (600x662, 96K)

>It looks like some generic ass standard action movie
So like every other MCU movie?

She is canonically the most powerful MCU character, everyone else failed, Nick Fury called her at the last moment, it stands to reason she will play a major role in defeating Thanos.

DCfags sure habor lotta inferiority complex. Not my fault you fags forget to turn the brightness on in 9 out 10 of your movie

This whole shit is reminding me of the stupid Yea Forums memes claiming that Shuri and Black Widow would be the ones to defeat Thanos in Infinity War

>movie starts
>camera pans through stars in space
>a blinking pager appears on screen in a cloud of dust
>cut to Endgame title card and the movie proper begins

But you haven't seen the movie to tell whether it's "canonical" or not and she isn't even mentioned or figuring in Endgame yet either. All you got is the word of the producer, which means squat because he's not directing and he's merely hyping the lead character.
And by all means, Thor could've defeated Thanos himself and he couldn't, because it doesn't matter how strong you are, you need cunning.

Ah yes, going to the minority zoo to view the minorities for fun.

Truly a patrician's choice.

I haven't even bothered to catch up with the movies post Ragnarok and GTG2.

Or Widow lifting the hammer and defeating Ultron. It's like there's a theme. I just can't put my finger on it. Hm.

Everyone I know is hyped about Endgame. A few are hyped about Captain Marvel. I'm not because she largely doesn't make sense in this run of the MCU.

Oh yeah and The Last Jedi was a true masterpiece.

I don't think they need to hype Endgame. Every single person I know wants to see it. It literally doesn't even need ads.

>Captain Marvel doesn't have a neat hook like Ant-Man with his power set and Wright legacy or Black Panther with his setting
>Brie is a black hole of charisma
>remember 90's?
>for the dire premise, you just know Endgame will devolve into the same lame quipfest as always
>it's still just the second half of Infinity War and Infinity War was just a parade of fun character interactions and action scenes with no substance behind it
>MCU!Thanos sucks, aside from Brolin's performance, and will likely be defeated with the power of friendship or something equally banal
>the whole movie will be just the audience waiting for Stark and Cap to bite it, if they won't then Feige will be pulling punches again, if they do, it'll be predictable, it's a lose-lose scenario
>either way all the snapped characters and probably even Vision and Gamora are coming back, so no wide-reaching consequences again
>the MCU!Spidey is godawful and following two far superior takes on the character in the last year (the game and Spider-Verse) makes him seem even worse
>the trailers make it seem like it's just repeating all the mistakes Homecoming made (Peter's superheroing being a carefree adventure, overly frivolous tone, too much emphasis on the MCU intergration, intentional avoidance of established classic Spider-Man tropes and elements)
>at least Jake Gyllenhaal is there
>no interesting movies coming up (yay, Shang Chi and a Black Widow movie, woo), Guardians got Gunned down, Doctor Strange isn't coming back until 2021 at the earliest
>obnoxious self-important marketing, where they're not even selling you movies anymore, but just reminding you that Marvel movies are coming out and you are already hyped anyway, right?

Attached: 1483949725730.jpg (342x316, 20K)

Eh, I just have no excitement for captain marvel, and how hard they push her in Endgame will set the tone for how much I'll care about future avengers movies.

It's not her story, it's the OG team's story.

If they really push her hard, I'll probably tune in to single movies like spiderman, doc strange 2, but ignore the team ups until I can watch them for free.

This board is full of people who haven't gone to the cinema since The Matrix came out, yet they're the same complaining about a bunch of inconsequential bullshit. Newsflash: at this point, you're not the target audience. The super jaded, aloof "comic book fan" who doesn't go to the movies and finds flaws in every single thing (specially when it comes to women and minorities, for some reason) aren't the priority for these companies. Pretending that "oh but it's white men who watch the most out of these movies" while you haven't paid a single dime for one past Raimi, just shows you're not the majority you think you are. So making up reasons to be offended is extra transparent when you wouldn't go to see these movies anyway for petty reasons.

You see, there are no such thing as "marvel fan". Such people just don't exist anymore. There are only:
>mousefags
>mouseshills who are also mousefags
>plebs who were brainwashed to eat everything disney put on big screen
>actual people
Actual people don't give a single shit about MCU characters and MCU as a whole. They're just going to watch movies they're interested in.
You can clearly see how "marvel fans" are shitting hard on Venom for him not being part of the mouse. They would do the same with spiderverse but it has black main hero and shitting on black heroes is against their programming.
So, we have "people" who are watching mcu because it's a mouse property and people who watch mcu just because there are quips in it.
Not a single decent person gives a shit about MCU. It's simple.
That's all.

Attached: 1549736531988.jpg (178x182, 3K)

>I haven't paid a dime since Spider-Man 3.
Y-yeah well, screw you too buddy.

I want to believe. I want it to finally end. No more superhero movies.

Captain Marvel has never sold more than 20K issues and loses money with every published issue.

Captain Marvel was originally a male hero created when the copyright license for the original Captain Marvel lapsed 40 years ago. The copyright-stealing hero was never successful but Marvel never wanted to relinquish the copyright for jew reasons so they regularly relaunched unsuccessful spinoffs. Then Captain Marvel died of space-cancer (seriously)

One of these spinoffs was "Ms. Marvel" which was an unsuccessful women's lib. Over the next thirty years the two most notable events was getting leech-raped by Rogue from the X-Men who took all her powers and another time getting Bill Cosbied by some cosmic entity named Marcus Immortus who made her give birth to him, then married her in a incest-rape story arc.

Then about ten years ago Marvel executive demanded female superheroes be made so that Marvel can sell IP for female-targeted capeshit movies and Ms Marvel for all her getting raped and shittiness was one of the few that Marvel had. She became a bunch of beta male writers' idea of a forceful and commanding female which is to say a retarded, loud and authoritarian bitch who did stupid shit and demanded everyone obey her. Noone like this shit or bought any of her books but they continued to be published.

There. Now you're caught up!!!FACT!!!

POKE?

Thanos won and it was bloody awesome. Only fuckwit feminists and the dickless sjw crowd that enable them want to see an ugly cunt with no tits or ass come out of nowhere and undo that. And pretty much everyone can see Disney going that way.

Because to normalfags Marvel releasing a movie about a character called Captain Marvel who is the "strongest evar" is fucking lame as shit.

>And pretty much everyone can see Disney going that way
Not really, you're an handful of retards looking for reasons to get angry and shitpost

can we report this fuck to someone? Fucking pedo.

>Is it just me or is this year the anti-MCU hype compared to last year?
pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-avengers-endgame-tracking-for-titanic-265m-record-opening/

>Tracking for Titanic $265M Domestic Record Opening

What the fuck are you talking about

OP, please stop getting your opinions on the world from only browsing Yea Forums

>Or Widow lifting the hammer and defeating Ultron
Now that one I remember. That was like 5 years ago, holy shit

Punch-Of-Kill-Everything

basically the "secret weapon"

Also she's played by Brie Larson, an outspoken feminist who's using the movie to further her agenda and creating media controversy by stating she doesn't want white male reporters covering her movie.

Again, did you watch the movie already? Do you have an inkling of the role she's gonna have in it? Because I'm sure Marvel Studios isn't like DC, where they had Superman be their main weapon and rendered everyone else useless. Pretty sure the Russo's are competent enough to know that shit isn't exciting at all.

>stating she doesn't want white male reporters covering her movie.
lol, no she didn't

>creating media controversy by stating she doesn't want white male reporters covering her movie.
She never said this, post #83849223638.

It's amazing how things haven't changed at all since then

Tvtropes.org

>Black Panther was a fluke. It became an event based entirely off of pride in the black community over one of 'their' films making it big. You're not going to get Captain Marvel doing the same thing.

Imagine if it was with Monica instead, two birds with one stone.

It's shocking, I know, but many people don't want to see movies led by racist sexists. I'm seeing Endgame just to see Endgame and then I'm done with Marvel movies for good.

user are you crazy? I've seen a shit ton of hype for Mysterio in Spider-man FFH and Endgame

And what, give her Carol Danvers' origins and stories to fill the huge void of hers, while tying her to Mar-Vell? Because she barely had anything going on, and only recently she's being put to good use with Ultimates and other Avengers arcs like No Surrender/No Way Home... A good 30 years later. Nextwave was a parody of her best days, even.

Hope you losers have been saving up

Attached: Just like my dying comics.jpg (1072x1444, 578K)

I think many people were already wanting Endgame to be their last Avengers movie so they can move on, myself included. But when they see Marvel trying to extend it by introducing a new character so late into the series, especially a strong, independent womyn, people basically knew how Endgame was going to turn out and enthusiasm waned.

Attached: endgame.png (800x738, 396K)

>somebody actually saved my picture
Also, there are 12 movies already slated for the next phase. I think the actual disillusion came with Far From Home, not Captain Marvel... Knowing that Spider-Man survives made a lot of people think Endgame has no stakes.

Not one bit every dude i talk too is not willing to see the movie. On Brie’s comments alone. Women only see movies in groups or with their dates. The majority is f movie goers are men. So you’re going to have theaters barley full of women. It will bomb.

It's sad they had to blow it right at the fucking end, if only they could've held the PC garbage in themselves for another couple of years, but it already happened with black panther and cap is going to be the final nail

It's saddening that things always have to come to this with america, but at least them completely fucking this up will teach the next generation and the investors not to trust those people ever again

I only wish Daredevil was saved. It's the only thing out of the whole Marvel-Netflix shitpile worth saving.

TFwiki actually.

>dude quips LMAO XD
All these movies are the same shit.

Everybody is hyped for Endgame, OP. Captain Marvel has Ant-Man & The Wasp tier interest because of it, really.

Also bored pieces of shit are just using CM to have a twitter outrage war and it shows.

Attached: 1549240822558.jpg (412x720, 113K)

(you)

Attached: Shit.png (304x166, 11K)

I think he’s referring to this arrtical specifically. She has said she wants “more inclusion” and since there’s only a limited number of seats the white dudes have to get the boot to make room for the colored females.
washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/brie-larson-doesnt-want-you-reviewing-her-superhero-movie-white-males

Everyone knows what the retards are referring to, the thing is they keep making up quotes or mention disingenuous articles like yours to back up their claims, and no matter how many loops we talk in and out of, at the end of the day neither Larson or anyone involved with the movie badmouthed whites or males, let alone in reference to the audience

Definitely not an argument

>since there’s only a limited number of seats the white dudes have to get the boot to make room for the colored females.
Not really? It's not like there's a quota for that shit and that there's only a limited amount of seats. You made that up. And she wasn't even talking about Captain Marvel anyway, it was for a movie she wasn't even involved with.

The part where she invited more diverse journalists was for Captain Marvel. The thing for another movie you're referring to was another instance where she argued that she valued the opinion of black/biracial women (i think) more than that of white dudes for "A Wrinkle in time" or whatever it was called, so shitposters always end bringing up that one when they can't explain how talking to a black woman for interviews is supposed to be racist and discriminatory

>The part where she invited more diverse journalists

Except she explicitly said she wanted to exclude white males in addition to that. And I fucking saw Wrinkle in Time, paid for my ticket and everything. My opinion is worth less because I'm apparently not the intended audience? According to her, anyway? When there were characters other than the biracial main character?

Liberals want to have their cake and eat it too. Fuck them and fuck you. They started this identity politics shit, not me. We all know it's their idea of revenge, not singing kumbaya.

>Except she explicitly said she wanted to exclude white males in addition to that.
Post the quote where she said she was excluding white men. C'mon. Do it.

>Except she explicitly said she wanted to exclude white males in addition to that.
Source

>And I fucking saw Wrinkle in Time, paid for my ticket and everything. My opinion is worth less because I'm apparently not the intended audience?
user, she stated her opinion on a specific movie, call it dumb but it doesn't effect anyone but her, why interpret any of it as an attack against random audience members?

She said she "wanted more people at the table".

You have to be a real snowflake to be offended by an actress saying that some critics would have a bias regarding certain movies on account of their life experiences.

If someone said "a female critic's opinion of Glengarry Glen Ross is skewed by them not being male", most anons would have no problem with saying that.

But Brie Larson says the same thing about Wrinkle in Time and you all lose your shit.