Movies you feel get slept on

Sometimes an animated feature doesn't find its audience until some time has passed and more curious glances turn its way.

What's something you've consider good that either didn't get the attention it deserved, or was heavily criticized in its time?

Attached: Mr_Peabody_&_Sherman_Poster.jpg (259x384, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2018/02/12/health/peter-rabbit-movie-parents-boycott-bn/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll be honest, this was better than I expected

>slept on
stop

Commercial failures or unfairly savaged by critics:
American Pop
Fantastic Planet
The Black Cauldron
Peter Rabbit (victims of PC culture in US and shitty marketing. Quality on par with Paddington.)
Arthur Christmas (ignored because holiday film.)
Megamind (unfairly compared to The Incredibles.)
Rock And Rule (ended Nelvana's theatrical dreams.)
Mind Game (it was not well received in Japan.)
Akira/Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland (Almost caused TMS to go under.)

Still hasn't gotten its due:
Maya the Bee 2 The Honeybee Games
Revolting Rhymes
Song of the Sea/Secret of Kells
Any Don Hertzfeldt until he gets all the oscars

wait how was Peter Rabbit nonPC

Fuck this shit, I skipped it before of the dub in my country, I could probably catch it on netflix but I'm not too sure.

There was bad press ahead of launch because some organization for people with allergies reacted negatively to the blackberries scene.

cnn.com/2018/02/12/health/peter-rabbit-movie-parents-boycott-bn/index.html

It wasn't. What he meant was that it was marketed to look like it was actively pro-PC when it didn't have anything to do with it.

I nominate pic related for king of the genre.

Attached: Ratigan_hmmm.jpg (640x360, 44K)

fucking soccermoms

Disney has its sleepers that it doesn't advertise, often merchandise or reuse so they don't become as commonplace
Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, Sword & the Stone, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Non-Mickey portions of Fantasia and occasionally Three Caballeros, though that's changed the past decade

I have a severe nut allergy and this controversy is the fucking dumbest shit in existence

I almost included this, but this movie did fairly well in its time. It was just overshadowed by a much bigger mouse-related movie, An American Tail.

That's fair, what would be a better term then?

>The sound of a single throat being cleared meekly from the back of the room.

Attached: ()atlantis().jpg (326x425, 149K)

The Little Prince (US theatrical release cancelled, unceremoniously dumped onto Netflix)
Free Birds (surprisingly good jokes and timing overwhelmed by dumb holiday concept)
Ballerina (it really wasn't that bad)
Monster House
My Dog Tulip (it's about a man's journey to get his dog laid, and Yea Forums should appreciate it more)
Totally Spies The Movie

I liked this a lot more then I should of. Coco got more attention even though it came out years later. The only real problem is the title, The Book of Life is barely in the movie.

Attached: The Book of Life.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Totally agreed on Great Mouse Detective. There's nothing terrible about it yet it never gets any acknowledgement.
Oliver & Company also gets a weird amount of hate for not being a great Disney movie. I think it's mostly because it came out the same day as Land Before Time, and has dated elements.

Peter Rabbit had some good zingers, but don't put it on the same level as Paddington

Attached: IMG_4029.jpg (750x314, 36K)

Coco got more attention because it's fucking disney but on Yea Forums we had a lot of book of life threads and generally like the movie

I blame the other God awful Smurfs movies that made this get ignored.

Attached: Smurfs the Lost Village.jpg (1200x800, 371K)

If peter rabbit is actually good, then why did sony make the trailers so bad? It made the movie look like another smurfs.

I did, and I will continue to. What are you going to do, put dynamite under my tree?

Are you sure you're not confusing Paddington with Paddington 2?

>why did sony make the trailers so bad?
>sony make the trailers so bad?
>sony trailers bad
>sony

I'll always say it:
We need a series. It has potential, it can sell merch, it needs a revival in popularity it can get

Holy shit most this list is pure garbage and failed deservedly.