Old disney had the decency to release their mediocre sequels directly to video

old disney had the decency to release their mediocre sequels directly to video

now they have the audacity to release them on the big screen

why did iger change the policy and why don't sheeple realize what's happening ?

Attached: téléchargement (4).jpg (2228x2759, 999K)

Those are on the level as HTTYD3 and better than shit like the new Hotel Transylvania and the Grinch which were mediocre

work more on your bait

>implying you didn't enjoy seeing elastigirl's ass on the big screen again

Pretty sure all the Toy Story sequels were released in theaters.

that's my point you illiterate

You implied that this was a new policy and not something they've been doing for decades.

Basically Toy Story 2 was meant as a direct to video but Disney thought it was too good for that (even back when the work version was bad by Pixar standards) so they made it a theatrical release and that's how it all started.

>mediocre sequels obviously made only for money
>still get awards and nominations

Attached: 58C74F8F-1DDB-4AD6-B22D-560DF874363A.gif (452x308, 3.68M)

Name a Disney direct to video sequel better in quality than the 4 sequels you listed.

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

fuck

Attached: 635.jpg (500x279, 30K)

Incredibles 2 was fucking great.
Toy Story 4 is unnecessary but will probably still be good.
Ralph Breaks the Internet was disappointing BUT is still a huge step up from any of the DisneyToon sequels. Yes, that includes King of Thieves and Cinderella III.
>Cars 3
It's actually kind of hilarious that this was a perfect sequel to the original film, the only problem is that nobody cares, nobody wanted it, and the first movie wasn't that good anyway.

Disney theatrical sequels:
>Rescuers Down Under
>Toy Story 2
>Toy Story 3
>Cars 2
>Cars 3
>Monsters U
>Incredibles 2
>Wreck it Ralph 2
>Finding Dory
Upcoming:
>Frozen 2
>Toy Story 4

The only true duds here are Cars 2 & 3.
WiR2, Finding Dory, and Monsters U are forgettable.

The rest range from good to great.

>cars
>nobody cares
Reminder that Cars toys have made over $10 BILLION.

They're slightly better than old Disney direct to DVD sequel, but not much. I'd say it has the same quality as Disney's TV movie, like Phineas and Ferb: Across to the Second Dimension or Kim Possible movies (excluding the live action one). They're good but I don't think I would pay 10 bucks to see it in theater.

What makes it insulting is that these movies are nominated for awards show. Granted I2 and WiR2 barely won anything because of Spider Verse, but people really need to stop rewarding Disney's mediocrity.

>Yea Forums is pretending that Incredibles 2 was mediocre
It's certainly not as good as the first one, but it's a far cry better than WiR2

Cinderella 3

I never said it was mediocre. It has the same quality as Kim Possible movies, which most people thought was great, it's just not worth watching in theaters.

John Lasseter killed Direct to Video sequels as one of his first acts as the head of all Disney film animation units because he thought they were harmful to the original films. After Little Mermaid 3 came out, DisneyToon was put onto spinoffs with Fairies and Planes because that was somehow different.

The initial philosophy Lasseter had about sequels was that they should be primarily driven by their original creators, but over time that's faded and the executive mandate becomes more apparent. Also, Lasseter himself being a sellout that went mad with power.

wreck it ralph 2 is on the level of the fucking emoji movie and Incredibles 2 is basically a movie made so they can make really "funny" trailers instead of a good movie.

>drop Miramax and stop making anything that might affect Disney's family friendly image
>drop 2D
>buy huge established franchises to milk mercilessly (to varying degrees of competence)
>sequelfest
Seriously though, fuck Bob Iger.

I forgot the live action remakes even. Worst part is all those decisions worked business-wise.

>Worst part is all those decisions worked business-wise
This is the thing.
People can bitch about Bob Iger all they want, but he's objectively been killing it as their CEO. Pic related is when he took over.

We might hate live-action remakes from a creative standpoint, but the least successful one made over $500m, and two have cracked a billion (with Jungle Book almost there).

That said, I think Dumbo and Aladdin will both underperform.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 7.33.16 PM.png (625x280, 30K)

Can't speak for Ralph 2 since I haven't seen it, but Dory was a great deal worse than merely being forgettable.

Attached: 8c3.jpg (640x496, 45K)

Fantasia 2000 is technically a sequel as well

Is it really though? I haven't seen either one in a while, but is there anything actually linking the two sequel-wise other than the concept?

Incredibles 2 was actually very good and I'm annoyed I'd put off seeing it for so long on such SHITTY advice from everyone.

Wreck it Ralph 2 is a travesty.

Even Cars 1 never should have been made.

Toy Story 4 isn't out yet.

The only good thing about the movie

>Disneytoons is gone

Plan3s never.

What's miramax?

The play "sorcerer's apprentice" again, that's pretty much it. It also has the same title.

Production company.
Produced most of Tarantino's early movies, among many other risky low budget movies.

>drop Miramax and stop making anything that might affect Disney's family friendly image
>drop 2D, make bland 3D films
>buy huge established franchises to milk mercilessly (to varying degrees of competence)
>destroy Star Wars easily
>theatrical adapted 3D sequels
>live-action remakes with no end in sight
>no chance of 2D coming in sight
>3D films becoming formulaic and too safe
>Jennifer Leo is now CCO
>buys FOX movies, does nothing with them
>ruins Epic Mickey
>ruins KH by not letting them have full creative freedom with their Disney characters
>creates an online streaming service, decides to not use HULU, and only place a small portion of their work on the website
>POTC reboot without Jack Sparrow with a more family friendly image, cheaper CGI, and female lead
Seriously though, fuck Bob Iger.

I agree with you for the most part but let's be fair, KH3's gameplay failures are completely seperate from its Disney failures

I meant story wise, but that's fair.

A lot of Kevin Smith's movies too

Star Wars has been destroyed like 4 times already.
They've officially acquired Fox last month, hardly the time to do shit with their IP catalog, besides you need to decide whether you want them to milk franchises or not, you can't bitch about both.
KH and PotC were always kinda shit, and Iger was already there for all the shitty instalments of those franchises you actually liked.

Don't use my words and add your own to them please.

>KH and PotC were always kinda shit

Yes, that's what I said, youngfag. Sorry but I don't respect "fanservice: the game series" or "let's pretend Johnny Depp has comedic talent".

>106217246
>(you)

Lion King 3

the academy doesn't take animation seriously, that's why disney shit always wins

>Im fucking plying literally just emoji movie 2.0 is better than Cinderella 3

Attached: 1546063153644.png (720x715, 667K)

Good rebuttal, I respect you and your shit tastes now.

New Disney has discovered that stupid asshole like most of this board will shell out money for their shit

Attached: Under The Mouse's Thumb.jpg (480x476, 47K)

>Incredibles 2 was actually very good
Stop. It was a terrible sequel.

>story wise
the disney worlds literally never had anything to do with the KH story, though. Only Birth by Sleep made good use of the Disney worlds, and even then that's only because it revolved around all 3 characters contributing a bit to the world.
KH games are literally just "fuck around in some Disney worlds for a while before you get to the real plot"

It's baffling how many people hate Incredibles 2. It was not even remotely bad. At MOST you could say it's about equal with the original (which is not perfect by any means).

It has to be nostalgia goggles or the desire to hate nu-Disney overriding their senses.

>desire to hate nu-Disney overriding their senses.
this is what it is. this board has become completely anti-disney for some reason, so now everything they touch is bad.

Will we ever get a sequel to this?

Attached: a-bug-s-life-a-bugs-life_5-.jpg (600x337, 203K)

yeah, remember when don bluth and james baxter animated that whole thing?

and Walle and Rattaoille

Modern Disney is just as bad as late 90s/early 00s Disney. The only difference is now we don't have a Toon Disney or a Disney Channel that plays the classic stuff to retreat back to.

An Extremely Goofy Movie

I have a soft spot for that Atlantis "sequel" that was basically the failed TV episodes cobbled together

Toy Story 2 was originally supposed to be direct to video

The first movie was pretty good, a nice pirate movie in an era pirate movies were pretty much dead. The sequels fucked up by flanderizing Jack Sparrow and making the plots way too convoluted.

I don't think it's a particularly bad film, just completely inferior to the original in all aspects outside of technical animation. The first movie has a laser-precision plot with some well-developed characters. The sequels just felt kind of directionless and the villain was pretty damn weak. I'm more disappointed it was a direct sequel rather than a generational one, there a lot more potential for ageing up the characters than just giving minor arcs to practically the same characters.

the absolute state of Yea Forums

> why don't sheeple realize what's happening ?

Attached: sheeple.png (376x401, 46K)