This is the single most underrated film in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon. Say something nice about it

This is the single most underrated film in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon. Say something nice about it.

Also, how is the WDAS canon determined? It went through different names under the years, why are Song of the South, Mary Poppins, Pete the Dragon, etc. not included but all those random short anthologies are?

Attached: mr toad hanging from a chandelier.jpg (300x300, 31K)

Chicken Little is better

Zach Braff please go

yikes

I never saw that movie; only know the ride from Disneyland. Does the movie end with the main character dying in a car crash and going to hell?

>Why are Song of the South, Mary Poppins, Pete the Dragon, etc. not included but all those random short anthologies are?
Probably due to mostly being live-action

It really is though, whenever I hear about it it's due to the ride and not the film. It deserves some love

They paired it up with the Headless Horseman.

It never had a chance.

>implying the 80's stop motion wasn't the best version

Attached: Wind.jpg (349x500, 151K)

I think it has to be produced by a specific studio

This movie was awful, the protagonist was so fucking unlikeable that all I wanted was to him to get fucked, he bought all to himself.

Kind of strange that they're all rodent sized and when they show up again in Mickey's Christmas Carol, they're all on par with Mickey.

Attached: ichabod-disneyscreencaps.com-194.jpg (1440x1080, 223K)

Cringe

I don’t think partially animated live action films like Mary Poppins are counted.

Here’s what’s widely considered the canon. I don’t know much about the history of the studio going all the way back, but the two criteria I’ve assumed it has is that it has to come from Walt Disney Studios (so Goofy Movie for example wouldn’t count) and it needs to be a mostly animated movie (meaning no Pete’s Dragon- that only has one animated character in it).

Attached: AF830E8D-5F82-4992-ADA7-4FC18CE71548.png (1010x912, 1.63M)

I wish. But, no. I’m pretty sure it ends with Toad finally getting over his dangerous manic fixation with automobiles in favor of his new and even more dangerous manic fixation with airplanes.

Loved it when I was younger, watched it alot.
Maybe I should check it out again and see if its still a fun watch.

But Sleepy Hollow is the better half of the movie.

What about the 2009 Christmas Carol and "The Wild" which is apparently only considered canon in certain countries (it replaces Dinosaur for some reason)?

That's what I mean.

Maybe Mickey is rodent sized too.

I enjoyed it, although it is funny people talk about how unlikeable Toad is here; in the book he really did steal the car.

Gotta admit it pales next to Legend of Sleepy Hollow though.

I figured those were made in different studios, just distributed by the company. They distribute a lot of movies that they don’t actually make in the official studio.

I personally consider the larger-scale animated canon to be all of the movies made mainly by the Walt Disney Animation Studios (excluding things like Victory Through Air Power or the 1937 Academy Award review). All of the live-action / traditional animation mixes like Mary Poppins, Song of the South, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon, etc. are honorary members of the canon in my mind, as is Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I don't count Pixar, DisneyToons, Burton Productions, or anything that's solely distributed by Disney, like Ghibli films or The Wild.

Attached: Disney Copyright.jpg (540x720, 158K)