SCOOBY DOO Movie replaces Mathew Lillard

How can Hollywood fuck it up so hard?

Btw,this is for a ANIMATED MOVIE,not live action.

Attached: 1551556825813.jpg (750x1334, 124K)

>this is for a ANIMATED MOVIE,not live action

so I'm not going to notice it.

>changed a voice actor
And? I fucking hate how people overhype them so fucking damn much,is ridiculous, retards literally killed characters because they lost a fucking voice actor.

Isn't this a bit too big of a leap for such a replacement? Not even a call to ask, "hey Matt, your job's gonna be taken for a while, but I figured you could give our new guy some tips how to be the Shaggy?"

Attached: 1445057136399.png (481x438, 324K)

Is he not Shaggy's VA anymore? Is this Ryan Drummond all over again?

Are you deaf?

Cease*
I'm only reading 2 male names in that headline. And who the fuck is Tracy Morgan going to play

Casey Kasem was Shaggy from 1969 to 2009, Lillard or anyone else will never be Shaggy real voice to anyone except underages.

Velma.
>YO SCOOBS, WHERE'S MY GLASSES? I CAN'T SEE WITHOUT MY GLASSES!

The Mystery Inc teams up with other Hanna-Barbers character (like Captain Caveman) against Dick Dastardly.

>retards literally kill characters because they lost a voice actor
How far up your ass must you be to write that? Haven't you heard of reading the stuff you write before embarrassing yourself?
You know actual people make the cartoons you suck up, right? Your TV is not a portal to dreamland.

Attached: 1541375099352.png (700x786, 203K)

Really?

>implying voice actors can't alter their voice to suit a character

Yes.

>buuhuuu
Eat shit, killing a character and drastically changing a story because of a voice actor when you can easily make a similar voice for them is stupid as fuck.

It ruined sealab, it made South Park far worse

>Tracy Morgan
are they having Scooby be voiced by a black guy? Because I can see this pic getting used a lot

Attached: DWU3Xg7.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

But they didn't change Freddy's voice actor.

>Will Forte as the new Shaggy

Yeah.....fuck that. I like Will but his voices are not Shaggy.

I really like Will Forte but if they (apparently) consider Welker irreplaceable then Lillard honestly should be too at this point now that Casey Kasem is dead. Like, is Forte even a big enough draw with the general audience to bother hiring him and promoting his name? He has a lifetime pass from me for Clone High but I don't think he's considered a breakout star from SNL, The Lonely Island's last movie flopped (despite being pretty good) and they're way more famous

Is there even any clear reason why they're replacing Lilliard? Did he do something to pies them off? Because it looks like everyone else is the same.

inb4 people start shitting on Will Forte for literally no fault of his own.

He's shit though

Gina Rodriguez hasn't been Velma before, and they haven't announced who will play Daphne.
My guess is it's just because Lillard isn't famous enough anymore, and major studios for the most part refuse to finance animated films without celebrity VAs (the only recent counterexample was Coco, which had a couple of minor stars but no obvious names and they weren't promoted at all, plus had Alanna Ubach, an actual cartoon voice actress, in a major role). They probably wanted known comedic actors as a way to draw in older viewers with the promise it won't be written towards too young of a crowd

>major studios for the most part refuse to finance animated films without celebrity VAs
I fucking hate this mentality. Celeb actors aren't bad but I wish people who put their time and effort into the craft of voice acting should get more recognition.

>Frank Welker is in his 70s
>still voices a 17 year old
>they hired the "last man on earth" guy to be the new shaggy VA for some reason

It’s nit just because he was replaced, but because he was personally trained by Casem himself and gave the part to him, so to just recast him out of the blue without any notice just comes off as disrespectful to both of them.

The weirder thing being that they apparently thought replacing Welker was too risky but didn’t extend that respext tl Lillard. Or maybe it’s more cynical and they just knew they would need him for Scooby and thought he wouldn’t come back if they didn’t let him be Fred

Tracy is voicing Captain Caveman.
>The story sees the Mystery Inc. gang join forces with other heroes of the Hanna-Barbera universe to save the world from Dick Dastardly and his evil plans...and this time, we are told, the threat is real. The movie is slated for a May 2020 release.
It's a big Hannah Barbara crossover movie to set up a cinematic universe

>never sense

Well, I guess it’s not the dumbest idea for a crossover I’ve ever heard, but the premise of a Hannah-Barbara Cinematic Universe just *sounds* stupid. At least it’s animated. I’m sure it’ll be CGI but I’m looking around and it hasn’t actually been confirmed to be the case, interestingly
He corrected himself a minute later, autocorrect mishap one would assume

Are they going to replace Grey as well? They already replaced Mindy Cohn a few years ago which was stupid.

Lillard shouldn't be bothered by this so much, theatrical animated films tend to recast characters to separate them from their dvd/television equivalents. It's not like he's going to be replaced by Will Forte in the dvd movies and tv series.
I for one, am interested to hear how Will Forte will play Shaggy.

Attached: Abe_Lincoln.jpg (140x396, 16K)

I don't best you'll get is Abe. He'll phone this the fuck in.

>get in "celebrity" voice actors
This meme is never going to die is it?

I'm not gonna lie Yea Forums
I don't pay attention to the names of VAs in shows I watch.
I could literally care less
And I always get confused when I see people able to name the VAs, its like. Why? For what purpose? What do you gain?

Matthew should just go all in on his sixe business of making premium “Platinum Edition” boxed versions of 5th Edition D&D Hardcover Adventures under official license from Wizards of the Coast.

Especially now that he’s making a “Silver” edition for Ghosts of Saltmarsh and not the $500.00 monstrocity for Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

It happens in Japan but voice acting is a lot bigger there.

Welker has just been confirmed to voice Scooby, not Fred.

fuck his salty ass, just because he got memed doesnt mean...
>its animated
oh well then yeah, thats fucking retarded. cant imagine how much its gonna cost

Yesh they are all going to sound like hot garbage.

We are lucky to get Matthew who can actually do Shaggy very well.

The article Lillard linked to actually doesn’t specify which role he’s playing

Actors of a stripe just like everyone else. People admire those with talent. And VAs can put a lot into things.

Quite a few movies employ Frank Welker to do extra dog sounds.

I don't know who that is.

>i’m proud of being ignorant
go fuck yourself

>posting in a scooby doo thread
>doesn't know who voices Scooby-doo and Fred
why are you here?

Isn’t this more an issue of Hollywood not wanting people to get attached to a specific voice to characters so the voice actors couldn’t ask for to much money?

I'm here trying to figure out why people give a fuck about the voices of a cartoon character.
I cannot even fathom. This information gains you nothing. What, do you think you're their friend now? You'll see them in a coffee shop and they'll gush all over you because you know their work? You're gonna be cringy as fuck. They don't care about you, they care about a paycheque.

>This iconic character has been voiced by one person in over 50 years
>It's strange to know their name or to have a preference.
At some point, you'd have to be purposely ignorant to not know

No its just them wanting celebrity actors.

These guys have been doing the voices for decades.

I respect their work and their talent. And know that most the time come celeb does a voice its a ton of trash because they know nothing of Voice Acting and just act like lazy assholes about it.

Honestly I respect the animators and writers way more then folk who can make funny voices.

Attached: next youll say.jpg (1440x810, 141K)

The jojo's anime was a mistake

You do realize Lillard was initially brought in as a celebrity voice actor, right?

Well that last bit there kinda makes you look like a prick, buddy.

It's more like they needed SOMEONE to play him in live-action and he nailed the part so thoroughly that he was given the full blessing to inherit the role, he legitimately earned the animated part by being the best at it

Why? Because it brought in an entirely new audience and made everyone involved assloads of cash?

To the benefit of current memes even.

Companies have been doing it ever since the 30's and they aren't about to stop.

wasn't that Daphne and Velma film supposed to go to theaters but they swerved hard and dumped it on DVD?

Is he still voicing Shaggy on Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?

I don't think so, it's only 75 minutes and has cheap effects. If that actually was the case, they changed their mind before they made it

>it happens in Japan
How if most of your animations are supposed to be nearly identical to the manga?

Imagine liking something and not atleast putting forth the effort to remember who was responsible for that thing you like

Yea same with all the others save that and Be Cool have Kate Micucci doing Velma instead of Mindy Cohn.

>Tracy Morgan
For what purpose?

Attached: JD.jpg (460x674, 64K)

>Tracy Morgan

They're making Shaggy Black? Or Fred Black? I cannot see him playing a white character in anything

Also why are all these people so fucking old? Lilard's still younger than all of them

>people start shitting on Will Forte for literally no fault
He was mediocre as Slade and we both know it. Nearly every other role he's done could be replaced by someone else with no net impact and he's probably willing to do any job for dog food.

He's actually voicing Captain Caveman

>They already replaced Mindy Cohn a few years ago which was stupid
Not only that but the agreement was that Kate Micucci had the rights to television while Mindy would retain the rights to Velma in movies (and possibly video games). Both of them got fucked over here.

>I'm a fucking casual let me spew my opinion
This isn't reddit you faglord, you are supposed to lurk before posting.

When was he Slade?

Fuck me that was Will Arnett. I'm sorry Yea Forums.

I was imagining Will Forte as Slade and laughing.

i feel like I owe Will Arnett an apology.

Kate is so fucking bad as Velma it's not even funny

these incel memes are getting more annoying

It's not so much that a voice actor can't be replaced, but this shows a lack of loyalty on WB's part toward someone who has done good work for them. Sure, we can't expect big studios not to be assholes, but people reserve the right to call them assholes when bitch moves like this happen.

F

He did such a great job. Hopefully his Shaggy days aren't over.

>Kate is so fucking bad as Velma it's not even funny
I hate to say this but Velma really works best with an obese VA who has a phlegmy voice. When it's too clear sounding it doesn't sound right and I've watched this show since it premiered. Mindy's the best they've had since Pat did the original, probably also because Mindy's a far better actor than Kate.
Well put.

Nah he's still TV Shaggy. He's well past his Hollywood tier days so he'll be their TV go to.

I mean that's kinda the point why people are pissed. Why should we be hyped to hear a Will Forte voice (that probably won't sound eve close to Shaggy) when you got a perfectly fine one anyway.

>Implying they aren't probably spending more for Will Forte's untested voice than they would for Lillard to do his usual.

>Will Forte, Tracy Morgan
No thanks, nice too see Frank Welker is still getting paychecks though.

is the same Shit that Warner and Disney forces it in brazil when it comes to games and some movies.
They have some of the best voice actors in the market, but fuck that! lets put some horrible TV actors and singers to dub and get more "profit"!

Warner got fucked with the low Sales of MK10 because they put a literal whore who calls herself a singer because of her rich commie dad as Cassie's VA until they changed it in MKXL, but the Damage was Done.

they want celebrities, and it will backfire badly.

Why do studios always push for the garbage celebrities VA route when it’s usually a waste and they really over estimate how much people give a shit

I guess that’s how they will limit his power

This. Also literally who?

It doesn't actually happen all the time in Japan. It's considered somewhat rude to replace a voice actor but they do it anyway with certain things like they replaced Bulma almost immediately.

It's not that, as far as we know, its just for the movie. And it's a very pointless change at that.

In all fairness Lillard could be considered a celebrity voice actor but considering he's been playing Shaggy for a long time (even going back to the movies) and was trained/picked by Kasem personally it's a little bit of a different situation than just shoving some name into a role.

No, they do it because they seriously think that having a "name" in the voice cast will be a draw. It's not but normalfags will go "oh that's neat" even if they won't see it because 99% of them have no clue about voice acting.

That's not to say celebrities can't be good (Genie IS Robin Williams for instance) but people sure as shit were not going to see Tangled because of Mandy Moore. The box office draw is long dead.

damn straight she is, Mindy is fantastic

Wait is this tweet not a joke

nope, you get to listen to will fucking forte as shaggy

if
>Will Forte
actually does a good Shaggy then don't see the problem, but if he's a downgrade then why do this
has he ever voiced Shaggy before

I hope to god everyday that we'll get something a good as zombie island again. But I see the celebrity voice meme is going to be a thing and my hopes get dashed.

Attached: friendsdontquit.jpg (1212x918, 1.12M)

because the va fucking died

>has he ever voiced Shaggy before
No
Look him up on imdb, he's a butt-boy

>goes on Yea Forums
>doesn't care about cartoons

The issue isn't so much the casting (and no, Forte has never voiced Shaggy), but rather them already replacing somebody who's both still active and still voicing Shaggy in other projects. And that they never even informed him about the casting change.

Whether Will Forte is good or bad for the role doesn't bother me. Someone from WB should have at least talked to Willard and said "we're taking Scooby Doo in a new direction and we're going with a different actor, but thank you for everything you've done for us." It's just basic decency. There's nothing in the corporate handbook that says everyone must act like jackasses.

>Look Forte up on imdb
Do you seriously not know who Will Forte is holy hell

No, I'm saying he's a fucking nonentity among actors.

Whether the VA does good or bad should be the thing people care about. Velma hasn't sounded right in ages.

yeah because they fired Mindy

>Velma hasn't sounded right in ages
Mindy nailed it. Cardellini was a fine live action Velma and so was Lesbian Jesus. Kate doesn't have VA work under her belt but Warner seems hell bent on replacing good veteran VA artists with newbies who can't command salaries or stand up for themselves (see also: nuPPG).

>Not Inceal of approval.
I'm disappointed in you.

Fuck. That's probably as close as anyone, any actress will ever get to being Daphne. Always thought she was probably only gorgeous compared to nerdy Velma, instead a semi-hot chick with Daddy money to spend on 'accessories'. If there's anything to be happy about, they haven't retconned this for Zooms, making Velma either an asian geek girl, lesbian or manicpixiedreamgirl, Fred as a Zac Efron type and Daphne a quatroon, passforwhite, Robin Givens mean girl. You can't change Shaggy. Potheads are timeless.

>You can't change Shaggy.

Attached: DY36dzDX4AAlNF3.jpg (729x729, 135K)

Fuck, I hope there aren't any Goddam studio developmental fuckers who just are piddling with area code hos and come across this. It'll all be my fault.

Talking about moving pictures, not that DC shit show. Who in their right mind thinks Shaggy would sit long enough to get a tat sleeve. Motherfucker's scared of a loud fart, much less a needle for hours. Fuck hipster Shaggy with a confiscated dildo from Warwick, RI on LivePD.

This got cancelled midseries when HB pulled the license from DC. You can probably thank Ruff n' Reddy for that.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 12.37.12 AM.png (610x723, 117K)

jesus...

JUST

That's not what I meant. I'm saying that a good performance from Forte wouldn't justify their treatment of a long time voice actor for the character. It's flat out classless either way.

This isnt Japan where a VA's relation to the character he/she voices is somewhat sacred and the changing of a VA only happens in special exceptions. Western VAs are much more intechangeble.

>good VA that has proven his love and respect for the franchise he's been involved with for over a decade
>replaced by a celebrity solely for name recognition and not talent and will just be doing it for a paycheck
It's like you enjoy defending corporate meddling,

>I GAWTA HAVE MY GLASS-SAYS, SCOOOOOB.

When you're such a washed up hack that you publicly cry when you lose a job.

Think Mr. Lillard will be able to make rent this month?

Attached: 2.jpg (640x352, 53K)

Pretty sure he tweeted about recording for the upcoming tv series.

Read Now kys shills. Mathew Lillard is the only Shaggy now.

Except for the guy that replaced him, you mean.

Attached: 69.jpg (724x283, 144K)

Just about everyone is better than Kate she just thinks she's hot shit because she had her own show.

Its gotten her kicked from more than one show afterwards because she thinks she's a really big deal now.

He'll still be the Shaggy on Television.

Especially if the new guy is completely off the mark.

>Kate she just thinks she's hot shit because she had her own show
The one that required her to go topless?

It better lead up to another wacky races series.

They had one a little while back. Don't know if it still going. It's another of those Boomerang shows.

>making Velma either an asian geek girl, lesbian or
Velma has already been Asian in a few live appearances (Hayley Kiyoko). Velma was also bisexual in Mystery Incorporated, more or less (numerous romantic moments with her "friend" Marcie, though they weren't allowed to MENTION orientation or attraction overtly).

Eh. Velma was still the best character in both products.

Imagine being this autistic about voice actors for Scooby Doo.

To be fair, he never *really* sounded like Casey Kasem's Shaggy. A slight approximation at best. Maybe Will Forte does a better impression.

Shit! Won't that make this the first time Welker has been replaced as Fred? Is he finally retiring from the role?

>STOP CARING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T CARE ABOUT

A big-crossover WITHOUT the heavy hitters of the Flintstones, Jetsons or Yogi Bear? Sounds shit.

Flintstones and Jetsons are clearly getting introduced in a big future time travel movie where the team have to save the space continuum from old man Jenkins.

Yes? That's the point. People are saying "oh Japan never replaces VAs they retire the character when they die" when that's only true when it's convenient.

Yeah, fuck wanting a talented VA to keep voicing a character you like. Fuck consistency too lmao.

Attached: 1535403062110.jpg (1500x2179, 1.2M)

>only
For 23 year olds maybe.

Kinda fucked considering the audience they're targeting is children of parents who would probably sit and enjoy this with their kids if they didn't make such harsh changes to the reboot

I don't see why they do this.

Sonic the Hedgehog got recast too and I think the current VA for him is the best ever. They didn't even hire some big name to voice him

>Velma was also bisexual in Mystery Incorporated
What? Even though Marcie was gay as fuck for her there was no indication that Velma returned it.

>Kate
>No VA experience
Pretty sure Motorcity, DuckTales 2017 and Lego batman Movie nullify that remark.

they did have someone else voice Fred in A Pup Named Scooby Doo, though

as far as I can tell. It's finished.

ya but they were kids. they should've all been recasted imo

>Robin Givens
pass for white? quadroon? are you blind?
bisexual velma huh never noticed that...also hayley is a fat hapa dyke who already hit the wall at 27 yikes.

She's got a type. It's just a type that doesn't work well with Velma.

JUSTed

Who gives a shit

>When your license that your own company owns gets pulled

They are trying to protect the IP. They did the same thing in 2003 when Venture Bros wanted to use the Johnny Quest IP.

Flintstones is getting their own movie, same as the Jetsons

Because that's been lucrative

>Also literally who?
>Not knowing Lillard
Ah, to be young again, and also probably underage.

>A thread about a VA being fired so unceremoniously he had to find out from the news
>the first two posts already try to diminish his contribution and attempt to damage control
I guess it's nice to know Time Warner thinks so highly of us that we get shills F5ing the catalog 24/7. We're in the big leagues now, boys.

'sense to amaze me' ?

Anyway it's kind of a bummer as Lillard does a great Shaggy.

Also Gina Rodriquez again, wondered why she's getting all these parts all of a sudden, turns out she is part jewish (WHAT A SURPRISE!).

So likely no Grey Delisle as Daphne either, I'm thinking we'll see some 'diversity' in these voice actors as well.

They want Celebrity "VAs" for their big budget movie. Only reason they don't replace Frank Welker is because nobody else could do Scooby, or he maybe has a contract stipulation that its up to him not them.

>"hey Matt, your job's gonna be taken for a while, but I figured you could give our new guy some tips how to be the Shaggy?"
>helping your employer take your job away

Attached: shaggy grabbed 3.jpg (540x405, 45K)

>Some of the best uses of the HB characters since forever.

>WB pulls it all back because they want to make some haphazard attempt at films again.

Have they released a Flintstones Collection? One of the few I'd like to own outside of Batman and Fudd and the Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines series.

That's probably what makes me the maddest about this habit of casting live action celebrities in animated roles. The people whose whole career is doing voiceover work get shit pay, but studios have no problem cutting Tina Fey or Kevin Hart or whoever a fat check.

Yeah I'm usually against casting live action actors for VA roles but Will's got a good animation resume. It's just this particular role that's the issue.

I don't think so. People have been saying that Disney's been trying to do that with the MCU since you can in theory replace Steve Rogers with Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson and so on, but we've been waiting years for that shoe to drop and it hasn't happened yet.

To ask has he ever done a Voice that's anywhere near the usual range of Shaggy?

Lotta his stuff is just like his usual voice or Batman