Aunt May

Everyone always talks how “comics Aunt May should just die, she’s completely useless” and “all she does it bitch at Peter and have health issues” etc etc. and then you have others that want her far away from the story.

But I ask, why can’t Aunt May just know Peter’s secret about him being Spider-Man.

Instead of killing off Aunt May for shockvalue (which won’t even last because writers are obsessed with bringing her back to life) why doesn’t Marvel comics just have May find out Peter is Spider-Man and have her become a part of Peter’s cast. That way Peter can have someone to talk to and can bond with May and May can have another purpose of being in the comic as support. I mean, if J Jonah Jameson can be allowed to know Peter Parker is Spider-Man, why can’t Aunt May?

Even the MCU has left the cliche already and has May finding out Peter is Spidey.

Attached: 7F8CFC12-760F-4454-8E48-32F6D280A91D.jpg (285x529, 59K)

>why doesn’t Marvel comics just have May find out Peter is Spider-Man and have her become a part of Peter’s cast
They did that like 15 years ago and then retconned it in OMD

That's what JMS did, and it improved the comic a lot.

You speak like that hasn't already happened.

The truth is that commercial brands like these don't really have any lasting connection between runs besides names and designs. Every plot element between runs is just to keep the brand going and recognizable.

The notion of 'character continuity' is a joke. The characters are just costumes, blow-up dolls for whatever the current writer is doing.

It's not a stupid question. The problem is that we're stuck with 616 "ooh oh no i'm a rickety old lady with 1910s sensibilities" Aunt May instead of Ultimate Aunt May who makes a lot more sense in today's world and the nonexistent editors at Marvel fucked up by not having her cross over with Miles.

>spiderman cast
>any character development
It's not happening.

>why doesn’t Marvel comics just have May find out Peter is Spider-Man

Oopsie

Attached: aunt-may-gets-shot-4.jpg (1278x1968, 1.47M)

It is pretty weird that JJJ knows Peter’s secret yet the woman who raised him doesn’t.

Indeed Strac already done and we have the best Aunt May.

When did that happen?

Into The Spider-Verse handled this best by making Aunt May Peter's Q.

But the MCU is the most popular version of Marvel’s characters (including Spidey). And they had May find out. It will be the norm that May knows Peter’s secret. Wouldn’t it be crazy to not capitalize on it?

Zdarsky’s Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man. It’s talked in ASM too.

Now, while that might apply to most other of the MCU's characters, Spider-man has not been subsumed by the MCU version because he has much wider media saturation.

It'll be a long time before MCU Spider-man is powerful enough to bring up the vaunted Movie Synergy.

>But I ask, why can’t Aunt May just know Peter’s secret about him being Spider-Man.
Because it doesn't change the fact that old people die and we have to move on. Her being alive represents a paralyzing fear of that fact and needs to be rectified.

PEEEEEEETEEER

Attached: 1551507079013.jpg (454x576, 54K)

But Peter is never going to age or grow up . He will be “25” forever with the mindset of a fifteen year old.

>I haven't read the current run.
That's nice user.

desu May being a horrific old crone despite how anachronistic it is for her to be so just feels part of Spider-man's universe, like other dated anachronisms you see in long running franchises.

Then there's nothing left to discuss.

then de-age her

Be honest Yea Forums

Would you aunt may?

Dumbass, this was after that moment when Peter revealed his identity to the whole world, not after getting asleep after tough fight.

>le every property and characteristic is just a variable I can adjust at will
Why not just make Peter Parker a lesbian with massive tits?
Why not just give him flight and shrinking power?
Why not give him 6 legs like he got 6 arms that one time?
Why not bring back Roy Thomas to write Spider-Man?
Don't tell me you can't make a story work with 6 leg lesbian bimbo Spider-man who shrinks and flies into Kingpin's fat smelly vagina, a tale as old as time!

Attached: notlikethis.jpg (1061x1500, 1.2M)

no one wanted her dead until her being alive meant retconning the literal best thing to happen to Peter

I don’t understand why they didn’t have Mary Jane get shot. Then Peter would have a better reason making the deal (and they could have the baby die without selling her to Satan).

>lesbian with massive tits
Oh my

Attached: 1531078452263.png (1042x478, 342K)

>Why not bring back Roy Thomas to write Spider-Man?

But he is. He's been ghost-writing the comic strip the past decade.

It was too soon.
JMD's run had a build up,a conflict and a ending
MCU is just
>lol the funny
>"what the f-"
Imagine if she was not ok with being spider-man,she would let him go because what BEN said about great power
Imagine if he had a fight with a villain and left him broken down
And May was furrious about him going
But she looks at the tv and sees that people are thank Spider-Man,if it was not for him they would have died
Than she decides to help him,because it's what he wants,it's what Ben wanted.
But no
>Dude your Aunt is so hot
>Peter i forgive you after you died,in a moon of saturn
God i hate MCU Spider-Man

I swear Yea Forums one day i will make the best Spider-Man comic of our time,the modern Lee/Ditko/Romita run
And you will all love it i promisse you

Sure thing, aspie

>too soon
We’ve had like six films where Aunt May not knowing Peter is Spider-Man. At some point there needs to be some innovation.

I believe in you brother. If you ever need a writer. Let me know. Godspeed

You'll see,it's gonna be like Dan Slott only i'm less of a faggot

Too soon for the MCU

>it's gonna be like Dan Slott
Dan Slott is the second worst Spider-Man writer to compare yourself to (right behind Bryne).

Writing that tries so hard to be crowdpleasing is never good.

I'm very undecided about whether Byrne is worse than Slott.