DISNEY SHUTTING DOWN MARVEL COMICS?

Attached: walking dead.png (1015x692, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-CtKHWZNelM
youtube.com/watch?v=rhrGzGW1X2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pu6pPWSs8n0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, they are

Attached: 9008.png (1200x771, 1.38M)

Nice Source, fag.

Would be hilarious if true but I doubt it.

Couldn't've happened to a nicer bunch.

>Speculation about problems within Marvel Comics comes from a press release issued by the company where Marvel Comics Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada and Editor-In-Chief C.B. Cebulski are attending the upcoming SXSW where the pair will be hosting a panel and putting it forth how Marvel Comics is responsible for the success in other markets, such as film, TV, video games and merchandise.

>While it is currently just speculation that Disney would shut down Marvel Comics, worth a mention is that it could be possible one day Disney decides to simply license out the characters and stop publishing altogether. Disney CEO Bob Iger, in an investors call, recently said the company isn't going to bother producing video games in-house because they feel it isn't worth it. Perhaps that could be the fate of the Marvel comic book industry?

Marvel comics began dying in 2009 when Disney bought Marvel Comics rights and began a series of changes
It began the SJW era that destroyed Marvel comics
the sales were never the same
Leotards?
Not with Disney in charge, women have to wear a tactical suit covering every body

It's the end, my friends

Attached: Marvelisdead.jpg (394x900, 77K)

Let's hope so.

>Disney CEO Bob Iger, in an investors call, recently said the company isn't going to bother producing video games in-house because they feel it isn't worth it.
Aren't they already licensing typically Marvel published comics to IDW now? It's basically a test run to license the rights out so comics would still be produced for the content creation without dealing with the production and overhead costs of publishing them yourself.

Attached: The future of Marvel comics.jpg (791x1200, 1.28M)

You already said that.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Ahahahahahahahahahahah. The absolute state of (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=-CtKHWZNelM

>isn't worth it.

Attached: JUST.png (843x654, 600K)

This could save the comic book industry.

IDW have been publishing an all-ages Star Wars book for over a year, now they've launched Avengers, Black Panther and Spider-Verse books. These things may be the proverbial canary in the coalmine. It's been said that Ike's ideal vision of Marvel Comics would produce nothing, and just be one guy with a phone, licensing out the characters to other companies.

This would crash the industry faggot

>"National sales are very poor – there are comics in the national top 100 that aren’t even selling twenty thousand copies. A significant number of stores have closed — perhaps as many as 10% of outlets," Hibbs said. "Want a clear and current example of Marvel’s preposterous 'flood the zone' strategy? War of the Realms is supposed to be their major Q2 project in 2019, but in the first month alone they’re asking us to buy into TWO issues of the series being released with no sales data, as well as FOUR different tie-in-mini-series. All six of these comics (which are built around a six-issue storyline) will require final orders from us before we’ve sold a single comic to an actual reader. Is there anyone in this room thinks that this is good? That this is sustainable? That this will sell more comics to more readers? That this will sell any copies to people who aren’t already on board Marvel’s periodicals already?"

National sales are very poor
I am wondering why...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

>Uh huh, I can't fap to this girls anymore, Marvel is ruined forever!

Yaasss.

Fuck it their comics and most of their movies have been trash now.

Again? Really? This is pathetic

Disney crash the industry

Attached: d5b1f9b632af96314506e74a23d6576e26390ef1_hq.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

they are even trying to change sexy girls in videogames under the "tactical clothing" bs too

How?

Even before hand actually, the shit stories were what killed marvel. Largely in part with them destroying the old characters to create mediocre to terrible legacy characters that had terrible backstories that endeared themselves to no one.

>in house
Read better

based red wolf

It's less that and more the costumes are shit and personalities devoid of soul.

is anyone actually taking this seriously

please tell me it's some great ponzi scheme where everyone pretends to be retarded

Maybe you are stupid and don't know that

Anyone who works in this market knows, great art with hot girls+ leotards sells
If you take this off, sales will fall.
If you put artists who draw women like this>Sales will drop more and more and more
These Disney guys should let Marvel comic be Marvel comics
This Disney management is responsible for these poor sales

Attached: Marvel Golden Age.jpg (2413x2323, 762K)

No one thinks its gonna crash with disney warbucks behind them, people want it to crash because marvel is screwing lcs.

2012-2016 increased in sales though

define "devoid of soul"

Define miles morales

I can't fap to it

so you admit that everything you personaly don't like is "devoid of soul". Miles was nice in Spiderverse tho, glad they fixed him

If a company owned by Disney is indeed losing money, at some point they're going to want to do something about that. It may be that they just decide to take the loss because the MCU and other merchandise and licensing of Marvel characters makes them so much more money, or it may be that they decide to do something drastic.

There's a meme going around about how SJW creators destroyed comics

In the current series with 2 issues? Well he's a pretty chill kid who's naive, but he isn't afraid to confide in his family and let himself be helped. Got to see more issues to have a clearer grasp though

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH HUH UH HU FEEL GOOD HUH UH HU FEEL GOOD HUH HUH CITY BREAKING DOWN ON A CAMEL BACK THEY JUST HAVE TO GO CAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT WHACK

I keep hearing "losing money" but I have never found anything concrete about that, at least recently

>so you admit that everything you personaly don't like is "devoid of soul".
The fuck are you on about i gave you one example, and you yourself just admitted he wasn't good.
I have a shit ton more. Like the New She-Hulk or the Amadeus Cho Hulk describe their character? She Hulk is just a rehash of Hulk, if its thats not soulless what is?

I can't help but smile when I think back to the time when Marvel tried pushing Tony as the new face of the comics for the sake of synergy.

Attached: ha.jpg (850x1299, 1.43M)

All those comic book stores closing is pretty big hint somethings not going well.

So while you fill the streets, it's appealing to see
You won't get undercounted 'cause you're damned and free
YOU GOT A NEW HORIZON, IT'S EPHEMERAL STYLE
A melancholy TOWN WHERE WE never SMILE
AND ALL I WANNA HEAR IS THE MESSAGE BEEP

crashing this industry WITH NO SURVIVORS

Love forever, love has freely
Turned forever you and me
Windmill, windmill for the land
Is everybody in?

>I can't help but smile when I think back to the time when Marvel tried pushing Tony as the new face of the comics for the sake of synergy.

And then Bendis gave up within a year, to replace Tony with one of his daughters.

Sha, sha ba da, sha ba da, Feel Good
Love forever, love has freely
Turned forever you and me
Windmill, windmill for the land
Is everybody in?

>what is digital
LCSes are dying for good reason even when sales were up

i gave that kid 6 years, It's going to need more than two issues to bring me back.

Attached: 1550207820019.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

You alright there

Yeah, I get it. I gave it a chance and found myself liking it more than expected in the storytimes

all this girl is covered
This shit will not sell.
looks like something made for 6 year old girls
This Disney CEO don't know shit!

REMINDER:
Marvel has a bunch of retarded shows on their youtube channel that nobody watches
youtube.com/watch?v=rhrGzGW1X2Q

watch then read
SEETHING yet?

Attached: .......jpg (500x375, 32K)

Meanwhile at DC comics

Attached: 4419315-1585046719-11026.jpg (720x960, 87K)

She-Hulk was a rehash of Hulk from the start, she literally is a girl Hulk. The only thing that were good about her is 4 wall-breacking stuff, but it was ditched way before muscle stuff. Amadeus Cho is just as "devoid of soul' as Kyle Rayner, he is just a legacy character that does not interfere with main Hulk in any way. And if we are talking about Hulk, do you consider modern Disney shilled Immortal Hulk devoid of soul as well? I mean, there was a panel or two about privilege

>Digital being anywhere near physical
Yeah i remember them accounting for only 12% of sales last year. Unless everyone switched digital that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

>looks like something made for 6 year old girls

It's so strange how Disney already had a huge female audience, and bought Marvel and Star Wars because they appealed to boys, and immediately both were re-focused towards girls. Stranger because there nobody has ever mentioned any top-down direction from Disney to do this, it's just the people running Marvel and Star Wars.

It doesn't have to be near to get shops to shut down, especially when other nerd stuff like MtG is down as well

Well I wonder
"Do you hear me when you sleep?"
I hoarsely cry
(Why?)
Well I wonder
Do you see me when we pass?
I half die
(Why?)

Please keep me in mind
Please keep me in mind

Gasping - but somehow still alive
This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Gasping, dying - but somehow still alive
This is the final stand of all I am

Please keep me in mind

And I wonder
And I wonder
Please keep me in mind
Ohhh keep me in mind
Keep me in mind

Remember when the comics were fun?

Attached: 8087694838d5fad0da4be575a3a9820f--jim-lee-jim-orourke.jpg (236x595, 46K)

NOOOO. MY SHEHULK.

youtube.com/watch?v=pu6pPWSs8n0
you guys wouldn't pass the "point of view" test

She was a Hulk that didnt turn into an deranged monster, broke 4th walls, and got a job as a lawyer. All these things added to the soul of her character
Now she's just a Hulk who can't get work as a lawyer, that's a devolution of a character user.
Tell me what does Cho bring to the table?
>Immortal Hulk devoid of soul as well? I mean, there was a panel or two about privilege
I didn't like it because black panther and everyone else were happy that they hunted down and killed Bruce for no fucking reason.
But thank you for bringing up another reason why i hate marvel. The heroes aren't Heroes anymore.

Attached: murdering_friend_is_a_ok.jpg (1041x1600, 527K)

>MtG is down as well
Yeah crappy quality cards tends to do that.

>for no fucking reason
LOL, Bruce should have been put down ages ago

Until they need him to save the world.

Put Frank Cho in the art in a new She-Hulk comic and do an update on the character
After 40 years she needs a new approach
Extending her powers would fall like a glove.

Attached: SHE-HULK CHO.jpg (427x640, 63K)

They know hulk didn't die though

Actually it started with Bendis and Dissassembled in 2004.

All modern cancer in comics was born from that event:

> Replacing iconic characters with more "popular" ones, effectively narrowing the Marvel brand to just Wolverine and Spiderman.

> Shutting on classic characters so they could push the writers OCs and faves.

> Endless Events, killing character development.

to be fair they did try wonder woman pants a couple of time and the only reason i think the skirt stuck is because of the movie and ancient gladiator shit, otherwise they'd still be trying for pants i bet.

Not a bad interview but a cooking show just feels out of place and desperate

Attached: look at those views.png (848x952, 808K)

>asian comics
>draw a girl, call it a boy
>western comics
>draw a boy, call it a girl

the duality of man

мapвeл гoвнo для дeтeй диcи pyлит

What and you think hunting down and killing a friend who just wanted to be left alone with unimaginable pain makes that alright?
I mean of course he survived the fucking name is the Immortal Hulk but who the fuck does that to a friend and then has gall to think himself the standard of morality.

Safe and steady.
This mantra destroys any artistic venture.

Good, once DC shuts down too clapistani non-capeshit comics will get a chance to shine and develop

see

DC is reactionary as fuck and scared shitless of doing anything. They tried to give Wonder Woman pants several times, but every time they went back on their decision because of fanboys bitching. Same goes for Superman and Batman undies.

>Meanwhile at DC comics

Attached: heroes in crisis.jpg (585x300, 49K)

>Marvel dies
>some miraculous problematic documents obliges Disney to sell all the IPs

I would like to see the x-men in DC

On the one hand, Cosmic Book News is consistently full of shit.

On the other, Marvel Comics is now little more than an IP farm for the movies and shows. Since these are growing more independent of the source material by the day, and there's still decades of material to leverage, I could see it happening at some point in the nearish future.

>Girls have a thing mostly liked by girls
WOW EMPOWERING GREAT
>Boys have a thing mostly boys like
Phew okay there's a lot to unpack here about the problematic tendencies, we have to break up this BOYS CLUB, needs more diversity, and empowerment!

I think it's done out of greed. Disney is trying to crack the gender wall not for an ideological reasons, but because they want to have the first uniform media set to be equally liked by everyone. So you get:

10 faces all somehow with the same facial expression "pcha- yea, it's MY TURN, I'll handle this no problem! I gotta this! The boys started this war, I'm gonna end it!"

Me and my friends don't even pirate american comics anymore like fuck

>> Shutting on classic characters so they could push the writers OCs and faves.

It might have been the first time for Hawkeye, but you really think 2004 was the first time Hank Pym, Wasp, Scarlet Witch or Vision got that kind of treatment?

IDW already publishes Marvel's Transformers and GI Joe comics. That's a substantial amount of Marvel's 1980s and early 90s output not even published by Marvel.

>IDW already publishes Marvel's Transformers
????

It is Yea Forums. Everyone is retarded. Some like even more.

Who fucking cares about comic books anyway? Only 0,1 percent of the MCU audience are comic readers.

What is this image? I don’t understand.

Whoever holds the Hasbro licenses like Transformers and GI Joe also holds the rights to reprint any previous comics. IDW have reprinted the Marvel and Devil's Due GI Joe comics, plus the Marvel Transformers comics, and some of the Dreamwave ones.

Based retard

"The heroes aren't heroes" is such bullshit. You had Wolverine almost killing Rachel over a villain under Claremont. You had Avengers being totally ok with Carol pregnancy shit. You had M day shit and the WWH event. Heroes doing unheroic thing were a thing since 80x. I could get the complaints about female Thor, falconn cap and hydra cap but all this is no longer a thing, yet you guys still bitch about sjw boogeyman like pussies. Even fucking Bendis has left marvel to ruin dc. So how exatly marvel comics are dying again?

I know it wasn't the first time (Byrne, of course, and the infamous Carol Rape-Son shit), amongst others.

Disney are masters of making money off of characters without relying on comics. This is actually very logical and think about how much money they would save dumping all the comic workers and just doing it the Disney way.

>Same goes for Superman and Batman undies
It took till Rebirth to get them back.

Imagine if Disney outsource the Marvel comics to DC. KEK.

Attached: DuReWKZU0AAzyJ_.jpg (680x680, 69K)

But they also took off the Powergirl cleavage and had the good sense to go back
Why do you think sales improve after the new 52?

Attached: 6566875-power_girl_0081.jpg (462x620, 105K)

ARE THEY BACK? Didn’t superdad put them away after, like, two issues?

No big tits, fat ass and big hips are found

Never gave a shit about x-men for that exact reason. Everyone else loved wolverine when i all saw was a short midget that banged red heads with terrible anger management. Then X-men wanted to attempt genocide and i knew that shit was garbage.
Everyone in the real world went "what the shit is this" revolving Carols pregnancy.
>you guys still bitch about sjw boogeyman like pussies
You're the only one bringing that up in this discussion.

Based Shogun.

If this happens, it won't be wholesale. They will keep core and favoured IPs, and ditch the ones that they feel are less important or might be better under different creative teams.

Important IPs such as Spiderman (and SpiderGwen, Miles, etc), Cap, Iron Man, Thor, X-Men, Deadpool, Moongirl, F4, will continue to be made by Marvel comics.

Doctor Strange, Antman, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Inhumans, Champions, could all easily be outsourced.

>Never gave a shit about x-men for that exact reason. Everyone else loved wolverine when i all saw was a short midget that banged red heads with terrible anger management. Then X-men wanted to attempt genocide and i knew that shit was garbage.

There's a definite point in the early 2000s where the X-Men abandon any pretence of struggling for acceptance and peaceful integration with human society, and get more in line with real-world identity politics, where people don't want to integrate, they want to be in charge. The X-Men just started becoming openly prejudiced and antagonistic towards humans and towards other heroes, until the only difference between them and mutant villains is whether they want humans to die out now or later.

I believe you’re looking at Carl Danvers.

I could totally see Disney deciding to clean house and license out all the Marvel characters to IDW. (They already stripped Marvel of the Big Hero 6 publishing rights and gave them to IDW. It has been speculated that this was a test run)

Honestly, current day Marvel doesn't have a whole lot of worth. Quesada and others involved have done lasting damage to the brand and are doing everything they can to stave off being fired.

Shutting down Marvel comics proper in favor of licensing to another publishing house could actually be good in the long run. It would save Disney millions in location costs, kill off a large part of the current SJW crowd, AND would be an excellent opportunity to push digital growth. (Because at this point LCS are a lost cause. Even traditional bookstores like B&N are on the brink)

>Scarlet Witch, Vision, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Inhumans, Champions, could all easily be outsourced.

If the Disney+ series is a success, and "Vision & The Scarlet Witch" becomes a merchandizable brand that makes enough money for Disney that they want to protect it, this would ironically be saving them from Marvel after decades of abuse.

"This summer...three DC Leading Ladies will bend over Marvel's sidekick super heroines and their bitch leader..."

That shit was real saddening to me, Xavier preached love and acceptance but his X-men became the very thing they hated.
But when they actually talked about bringing an event to wipe out humanity with only a small chance of mutant revitalization. Thats when i gave up hope on them.

But we already had this thread

Then they brain fucked him and rebooted all his actions.

It's bullshit, but it wouldn't surprise me. Comics haven't made a profit in years.

>Because at this point LCS are a lost cause. Even traditional bookstores like B&N are on the brink

It's saddens me to say this, but this is true. Physical media is in a death spiral. We are now within the realm of possibility for seeing it disappear in the next decade.

It started years before AvX. Morrison's Xavier was around the time it started, then they wrote him out entirely for Scott and Emma to keep getting more militant until Magneto joined them because there was no difference between them. Somehow the X-Men went from being about tolerance and acceptance to becoming an unintentional redpill against allowing minority groups into your country.

arr faces rook same

Costume changes are the absolute least of Marvel's problems.

I mean

If Disney does shutter Marvel and give out publishing rights to another company, it could finally be time to accept that Marvel would have to do a full Crisis level reboot/reset.

While fans might stomp their feet, starting over from the beginning and having a true fresh start might be the business savy thing to do. Especially since it would be a true "start here" advantage to new readers. (Manga has used this to great success.)

Everywhere reporting this the comments sections blame incels and comicsgate for this situation.

Attached: interesting.jpg (382x391, 74K)

Very true. I could see those characters thriving outside of Marvel comics, written by people who actually like the characters and are creative.

Characters who have been shat on by Marvel comics, or ones who have a niche appeal (Ghost Rider, for example), might find better writers and artists outside of Marvel.

>While fans might stomp their feet, starting over from the beginning and having a true fresh start might be the business savy thing to do. Especially since it would be a true "start here" advantage to new readers. (Manga has used this to great success.)
The problem of every reboot is the possibility of whoever is behind the reboot wanting to pull a NEW52: change everything up from what people know about the characters just because. So instead of say... starting with Iron Man at the beginning of his career, the comic starts with Iron Heart as Tony's senior.

>There's a meme going around about how SJW creators destroyed comics
But that's true, though.

Attached: bendis.gif (355x200, 1.4M)

>Everywhere reporting this the comments sections blame incels and comicsgate for this situation.

That's victim-blaming.

This. It's how we got Spider-Man Homecoming.

OP probably is the same faggot from yesterday

Superman gave his suit to Lois when she went to space with their son and so picked his old suit back.

Batman randomly picked back his old suit recently too.

And now it is falling again with the coming of Bendis. Whenever the big 2 start spouting shit about changing things to attract new customers at the expense of existing readers, you know they are ready to fuck up again.

Yeah, it would have to be strongly regulated. It would basically need a Fiege like editor who would have the authority to lay down the law if writers started getting crazy.

A reboot gets you one of two things; years and years of modern creators doing their own re-tellings of the classic stories before anything new happens, or like you say, people changing everything to the point it's unrecognizable, just to be New and Different.

Wait, I thought Marvel has been putting out all these crap books because under Disney's wing they can do pretty much whatever the fuck they want, they are a cow for movie ideas anyway.

Ouch but they that's Disney. Look at Bob Iger response to EA being a utter disaster in making content with their Star Wars License.

"Well as long as they are doing something, its better than what we could do, because that would take effort."

Though even with that their biggest stumbling block is still Distribution. Diamond killed off a lot of that that.

Everybody saw it coming.

>That's victim-blaming.
goddamn /pol/ coming in here to victim-blame
have he no shame

Batman went back to his original suit post Marriage fiasco. It was supposed to be a nostalgic back to basics thing.

However, it's NOT the purple gloved one, which along with the current Detective run referencing Year One has lead to speculation that Year Zero is no longer canon.

Is there a universe in which Disney does not exist?
Show me where the door is, please.

Attached: model shit.jpg (358x600, 24K)

Well their Streaming Service is losing money even before it's started

>it could finally be time to accept that Marvel would have to do a full Crisis level reboot/reset.
user, the problem isn't merely some continuity fuckery.
It's that every person who works for Marvel is complete and utter trash.
Without completely cleaning house of all their garbage employees, a reboot would only result in more trash.

Marvel comics by IDW

To be honest, blaming the current situation on incels complaining about Marvel's "diverse" comics or comicgators making Youtube videos making fun of Marvel's comics and artists is a bit much, specially because no one ended up buying them despite Marvel flooding the market and forcing every comic shop to buy them.

This is Marvel after Disney buy the rights
And they don't understand why sales are so poor now

>Wait, I thought Marvel has been putting out all these crap books because under Disney's wing they can do pretty much whatever the fuck they want
That's the assumption they were operating under, which apparently isn't the case anymore.
>they are a cow for movie ideas anyway.
It probably isn't the case anymore, because their comics are so fucking terrible as of late that none of them are worth even attempting to make a movie out of.

>2009
this is how i know you are a election tourist
Marvels decline started in 2006 with Civil War (wich directly lead into One More Day tanking ASM sales)

Attached: clean.jpg (800x1200, 652K)

This is it, they're blaming the former audience who they chased away and stopped buying their product, rather than blaming themselves for producing things nobody wanted to buy.

>lead to speculation that Year Zero is no longer canon.

Honestly, it isn't speculation at this point. Especially after Metal referenced a few things from Year One. The post-crisis pre flashpoint continuity appears to be back mostly intact. (Especially after the early Rebirth Detective run confirmed that Steph and Cass were both Batgirl at some point due to weird temporal ripples)

Year Zero was basically timeline fuckery. Most likely to be blamed on Dr. Manhattan. (Though they could say it's related to the three Jokers thing)

Funny, 2006 was also when DC went full edge with Infinite Crisis with Didio at the helm of things.

Attached: FF.jpg (488x750, 68K)

And incessant events ever since then must just edgy boring bullshit haven't helped.

You've forgotten Identity Crisis, which was a year or two earlier.

This could be very interesting.

Attached: 18dy8ag406pf1jpg.jpg (340x307, 72K)

Could we get a crossover comic of WW kicking the shit out of Carol Danvers?

short hair is one thing. but i'm baffled that anyone could think these new costumes were improvements. they're just so bland. looks like something from some small indie company, not marvel

It goes beyond just comicsgate.

People have been screaming that the industry was on a path towards implosion over a decade ago.

The fundamental market has shifted. Traditional comics just can't compete by themselves anymore without heavy subsidies.

War of the Joker and Riddler and Everybody Loves Ivy still took Year Zero as canon. King might reference conflicting past canon because BATCATBATCATBATCAT, but whenever he's writing a story seriously Year Zero is taken as the default canon.

It's Snyder himself, ironically enough, and Tomasi, that are essentially behaving as if New 52 stopped mattering.

There has to at least be a fan-art version of that somewhere by now.

yea back in '06 i looked at the comics section on my shitty android phone and all i saw at the top was boobie comics, and deadpool

Why in the fuck are they giving Riri a show lmao.

Attached: 4471211-1050725098-Incre.jpg (493x640, 109K)

Add in that Tomasi is directly referencing Year One in the current lead up to Detective Comics #1000.

Both appear to have happened. Again, timeline fuckery.

>The fundamental market has shifted.
No, people just don't want to buy SJW trash.
The only thing that's changed in Marvel. The people who were buying comics before didn't just decide to stop at random.

Cho could be strenght plus mind, like you could have him throw a rock across a mile that triggers a avalanche that downs some baddies that are chasing him, basically just a straight upgrade of his starting abilities. You can work on his teamwork issues or have him run a business that does hero work, and try to make it profitable as a counterpoint to all the evil corporations around, etc.

You'd need a creative writer to pull it off though.

Attached: ElasticCraftyEasternnewt-size_restricted.gif (433x325, 2M)

>The fundamental market has shifted.
old white men havent gone anywhere
Marvel pissed them off chasing after kids who would rather watch youtube all day.

Why are you..? Oh.

Attached: Thor.jpg (2208x1242, 1016K)

I did not believe, but its true.
>“Marvel is excited to work with IDW to share these brand-new stories with our younger fans. Characters like Spider-Man, Black Panther, and the Avengers inspire us through their strength and determination, but they resonate with readers because of the struggles they face and the challenges they overcome. We want to share their journeys with our younger fans first-hand.”
>“Marvel is committed to delivering unique and accessible content for our younger audiences and fans. As one of our most valued partners, IDW is the right fit to help us feature some of our most popular characters and publish stories created especially for the next generation of Super Heroes.”

Attached: file.png (600x882, 1.13M)

So does that mean that IDW and Marvel will be able to FINALLY reprint Rom the Space Knight?

>Marvel pissed them off chasing
Yes.
>chasing after kids who would rather watch youtube all day.
I'm pretty sure even kids liked all the Marvel Studios movies. Hell, everyone liked them. That's why it's especially retarded that the comics went in the SJW direction that they did.

Don't put out 4$ issues in specialized shops barely anyone has close by and riddle them with event shit every few months, that'd be an improvement.

Wow everyone here is utterly retarded. And this post existed yesterday. Why doing this again?

Don't make a reader-app that only allows a user to buy and "stream" comics older than 6 months, too. Not to mention that I don't even know if their entire library is digitalized.

ALL NEW
ALL DIFFERENT

cept that most of those characters are legacy shit or "new" characters that are just abusing the same thing as the old characters or just using their names.

yes miles, you are A spiderman, but not THE spiderman. that is fucking PETER, HE is fucking SPIDERMAN.

It's the same guy spamming.

Stop this meme user

Attached: IMG_20190302_104619.jpg (1080x1539, 241K)

The opposite is more likely

You seem to think this criticism was directed at "modern esjaydoubleu marvel" when it was a criticism for Marvel as a whole.

Peter is fucking Spider-Man?

Attached: give him the.jpg (1280x1707, 175K)

They got roasted for that.

Don't argue with spider man fags. They are on another level of crazy

sjw have killed marvel and dc years ago.
constantly pushing feminism, black life matter and other far left bigoted proganda that tires to make white men look like the literal devil and the "untermensch" at the same time.
what we have left is just their rotting, disfigured corps
time to finally bury it

>I could get the complaints about female Thor, falconn cap and hydra cap but all this is no longer a thing, yet you guys still bitch about sjw boogeyman like pussies. Even fucking Bendis has left marvel to ruin dc. So how exatly marvel comics are dying again?
Because with minor exceptions, pretty much all the same SJWs who unironically thought their "diverse woke legacy yass slay" characters were a good idea are still working for Marvel. Absolutely nothing has changed about nuMarvel's downward spiral. Even when they begrudgingly cancel one SJW shitshow (while blaming their customers, don't forget), it just gets replaced by another SJW shitshow.

All that's really changed lately is DC has become just as bad.

Allahu Akbar

I'm myself one but I like a lot of the spider-people

Attached: 1418340757298.png (933x697, 662K)

It's crazy how just a few years ago the idea of Marvel Publishing being shuttered and turned into a licensing house would have been laughed off the internet.

Disney even has a workable example with what happened to Lucasarts. (Gutted and the IP licensed out to EA)

Going down the SJW path the last few years only accelerated the decline of the industry. It's madness that most books can't even break 20,000 now. (And even further madness that Marvel has been getting away with blatant predatory publishing with the constant #1's and variant cover scheme.)

>Speculation
Literally the first word...

God bless you too, user.

this is funny
and I really love Jane Foster Thor

this
I haven´t bought a book for years now solely due to sjws removing all the fanservice form comics

Good! Have you managed to take a shower in the meantime?

Some things realy change in these last 10 years

Attached: 1525312011822.jpg (800x736, 123K)

da

Meh

I've bought some.
Just nothing from either Marvel or DC.

is that really the best insult you got?
sjw really are useless at everything

>meme
Oh user, I have news for you...

Stopped buying Marvel after One More Day.

Please clean house Disney. Fire Queseda and all the rest. They deserve to homeless and starve after what they've done to one of the most quintessential American art forms.

The absolute state of Marvel comics.

Attached: iceman-is-gay-1.jpg (990x1028, 206K)

Boomer Gail sucks at twitter

Attached: 4Head Gail Simone.png (864x1899, 483K)

Fucking THIS
and they have to make Marvel what she was
they have to bring the 90's marvel back

Attached: X-Men_1_1991_20th_Anniversary.jpg (1228x500, 886K)

that maga tard avatar is actually tryhard. the absolute state of american comic industry

I just want to scream "Get back to work" at her.

This was around the time she was let go from a few projects for being a lazy fuck who wouldn't turn in work on time.

>Typing on Twitter
>Try hard

yeah I guess I should have been more precise
I have spent hundreds of dollars on European graphic novels after I abandoned marvel and dc
they are still allowed to have sexy women and they are doing just fine

>Disney shuts down Marvel comics, sends all the writers to write TV and movie scripts and the artists and colorists to do storyboards and concept art.
>Letterers and inkers will be burned for fuel.

Ethan Van Sciver handpicked her for a collab against the advice of his peers.
after the 2016 election Gail stabbed him in the back and sent a twitter hate mob after him.
#Ho'sAin'tLoyal

At least Jean Grey admitts there is nothing wrong about sex and that its ok to compliment someone to look hot!

And nothing of value was lost.

>Because at this point LCS are a lost cause.

They wouldn't necessarily be if they wouldn't have completely fucked up stupid distribution courtesy of Diamond.

Archie sells on par with the big two just by not giving a fuck about Diamond and directly selling to newsstands.

>they have to bring the 90's marvel back

I think you posted the wrong picture if that's what you want.

Attached: x-men 1 cover.jpg (3060x1217, 786K)

The kids of today should defend themselves against the 90s.

>National sales are very poo

Yes, and you disney are responsible for it,
you fucking scumbags

Attached: 1551547293700.jpg (1342x1200, 251K)

>DC and every other publisher: Market's getting tight, better cut back a little.
>Marvel: Market's getting tight, better release more series to make up for the lost sales.
>Marvel: WTF?! Why are sales per title down line-wide?!
And people thought Based Shogun was going to save Marvel.

Attached: Akira Yoshida.jpg (950x534, 73K)

I want to know what Jim Shooter thinks about this.

Can DC shut down too?

Bob was never gay.
and disney came to bring to marvel all this gay agenda
not done naturally, and thrown down the readers throat
nobody buys this, this is stupid

and Jim Starlin

This. Shitty writers writing shitty stories is what killed Marvel. Whether someone's shitty writing is politically motivated, personally motivated, or whatever doesn't matter - shitty writing is shitty writing.

Thinking back over the last decade I can't even think of more than half a dozen genuinely good, solid stories.

Called it long ago.

Attached: Based Kelly.jpg (445x324, 65K)

Thats the final nail to the coffin. Marvel has been desperately doing what they can to stay on top of sales. Constantly having big events where some one does stupid and either damages their relationship with the rest of the heroes. Or has a semi-important character die unceremoniously. Pissing off fans just enough to have them be curious to pick up a comic has been modus operandi since civil war. And now it finally bit them in the ass. If you put the blame solely on sjws, you're either stupid or born after 2001.

Attached: getaloadofthisguy.jpg (496x496, 134K)

Its actually a time-proven marketing/restructuring strategy to reduce quality but increase quantity of you want to both appeal to your core demographic and have a new audience. I guess it just doesn´t add up in the comics industry because Marvel and DC has had no real competition other than one another for ages

In the end, i think it comes down to branding. DC may not be doing super well in the movie market, but they´ve maintained a steady course in regards to their IPs. Meanwhile Marvel has been jamming the diversity and agenda down or throats, only for stuff like the PS4 game to come along and prove that their main IP, presented entirely in its spirit is a surefire bestseller.

3 years user, it been 3 years.

As much as DC deserves the shit they are getting right now, they've been FAR more stable over the last 5 years compared to Marvel.

Marvel has really pissed the bed with the constant events, scummy predatory publishing tactics, and pushing the SJW nonsense. (Especially when it has been shown time and time again that SJW don't actually go out and support anything. They are either not interested and/or are too poor.)

Attached: gqynd68d0apy.jpg (937x763, 102K)

Looks like 30 to me
it's a fucking torture

Did that sound clever in your head or something?

>Lens flare with God rays
but the artist is too retarded to to actually light the scene properly
also Carol looks like she had too much inbreeding in her family tree

i have little hope for people who fuck up the details

Attached: shit.png (1351x798, 1.46M)

How to write a clickbait article:
Step 1: Make up whatever bullshit you want
Step 2: Put a question mark on the end

And nothing has changed in these 3 years
Gamora continues with lots of clothes
She-Hulk continues to look like a Troll
Spider Woman continues with this autistic suit
And Captain Marvel is a lost case.
They don't come back even to test whether the sales will change

why is meyer being so upset and desperate
he was asserting cbc would save marvel but was totally wrong on the whole level while yellow flash was solely doing cbc is an assclown almost from the beginning

sjws will totally survive and oldfag contents will be completely purged and butchered

Someone can put the photos of those responsible for this

> comic company on verge of bankruptcy
>makes movie franchise in last ditch effort to keep the company afloat.
>gets bought out by disney
>separates company into two entities.
>movie profits are now no longer the companies profits.
>dies anyways.

Attached: iron-man-mcu.jpg (1400x700, 117K)

10 years later

Attached: 3d906e08be430e8e4c6898fd9361f280.jpg (1470x2205, 339K)

>Disney cant survive 10 years,
Rebellion has managed to keep 2000AD going for 20 years when it was literrally on deaths door thanks to shit decisions by editorial in the 90s.

wow do you work at buzzfeed

all thanks to the movies

But heres a deal, but its more Yea Forumsidya related: Disney forced by gunpoint to activision and such companies who had previous contracts with Marvel with a C&D, and started to control by force the IP, all thanks to DC/Warner success with their batman games, Ike the kike also had his huge hand on it, because he and Disney despised the fact that FOX related stuff had more success than the main line, mainly X-men related stuff, since many of the buyers grew in the 90's watching the cartoon and the Fox Movies.

this shit Drove Disney to become more possessive and controlling of said stuff, while Marvel Comics Had freedom in giving their characters to create games, Disney closed the door shut, which RUINED many contracts or even sequels of games behind the curtains.
Said shit also Ruined any kind of Deals with Capcom for future MvC Games, the media may lie about it but Disney RUINED MvCI, they wanted to interiorize Capcom Characters while pushing Marvel as the best, they were Against putting X-men characters, while capcom wanted to push Cyclops, Rogue and Storm.

Also, Disney was dickish Enough to fuck with Star Wars fan projects and even Old games, because the Board, EA and Kennedy saw it as threats for their new plans.
Unfortunately for them, The original contracts for said games made by George and the old LucasArts team can't be broken, though Lucas Arts cant release the Source Code for stuff like Dark Forces because Dark Forces JEDI engine was made from Doom with Previous Build Engine code stolen from Doom and Duke3d, while Outlaws JEDI engine is free of it.

This thread is beyond retarded

>DC may not be doing super well in the movie market, but they´ve maintained a steady course in regards to their IPs.
They got back into the $1bil movie business literally just two months ago. I don't think you can really say that any more. But yeah, between their movies now doing exceptionally well, their streaming service reportedly being a big success and their expansion of already popular properties like DCSHG, DC's on a big roll right now. At worse, like with some of the CW shows and their comics branch, they're just maintaining. But they aren't really losing anything like with the slew of Marvel Netflix and TV shows that have been cancelled recently. I honestly can't see a single area where they're really behind and are mostly well ahead of Marvel right now.

Attached: Even MORE DCSHGs.png (801x1043, 609K)

Retards all over

Attached: 53110473_10218736852829750_3082108964431724544_n.jpg (824x960, 68K)