In the movie: is a wimpy little bitch, gets punched in the face by Anna, and is sentenced to shovel shit forever

>in the movie: is a wimpy little bitch, gets punched in the face by Anna, and is sentenced to shovel shit forever
>in Kingdom Hearts III: is overflowing with darkness, and after getting knocked out by Ice!Anna transforms into the demon wolf who seeks to devour the sun goddess and battles Sora and friends until he explodes and dies

Would the movie have been better if Hans had turned into Skoll and fought Marshmallow while Elsa and Kristoff tried to revive Anna?

Attached: Prince Hans before and after darkness.png (1496x685, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwcYUAP03RA
usgamer.net/articles/tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts-3-interview
ign.com/articles/2019/02/11/kingdom-hearts-3-the-challenges-and-rewards-of-working-with-disney
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>in the movie: a Game of Thrones style political manipulator who is morally ambiguous
>in Kingdom Hearts III: lol he becomes a wolf because killing shit is the only narrative device video games can use

The problem with Hans is that his "villain" side came out of nowhere.

>Would the movie have been better if Hans had turned into Skoll and fought Marshmallow while Elsa and Kristoff tried to revive Anna?
Are you retarded?

Blame the Frozen team for that, they didn't want the movie spoiled, so Hans only had six seconds of screen time and no dialogue. They were also incredibly anal about nothing of the story being changed or letting Sora, Donald, and Goofy even interact with the Frozen characters beyond the barest minimum. It's the only Disney world in the series where the movie characters and Sora don't have a goodbye interaction at the end of it, The Frozen characters have their movie ending while Sora and crew talk to each other in the background.

I meant the movie, KH3 just made the problem more apparent.

Ah. Well remember that the movie went through a lot of revisions and rewrites even during production. That it turned out the way it did was a miracle.

>manipulator
Why didn't he let the guards kill her? Had a perfect scapegoat right there.
>killing shit is the only narrative device video games can use
Didn't he let Anna die (after gloating for no reason) and went off to finish Elsa?

>wimpy
Movie hans is a badass, he fought and defeated Marshmallow by himself.

Man, it would've taken zero effort for KH to introduce Hans earlier in the story instead of just having him appear right at the end of the level out of nowhere. I don't know why they thought that'd be a good idea when it only adds to the feeling that Disney forced them to add this world into the game without considering how to properly integrate the film's plot with Sora and the gang.

>Would the movie have been better if Hans had turned into Skoll and fought Marshmallow while Elsa and Kristoff tried to revive Anna?

No.

Disney literally would not let them

>The Frozen team
FTFY.

Yeah apparently their a lot more protective of their IP than the other guys they set up a bunch of conditions no other team did. So no main characters as part of your party and no fucking great moments of Disney characters calling Xehanort a loser edgelord.

>Why didn't he let the guards kill her?
Because he wasn't sure of Anna's whereabouts and also wasn't sure if killing her would stop the winter.

Why even include the world then?

it is a shame, though Marshmallow is nonetheless the best guest party member

>Because he wasn't sure of Anna's whereabouts and also wasn't sure if killing her would stop the winter.
Yet he still lets Anna die in that room and goes off to kill Elsa himself. People already liked him, what difference would it make if the sisters died earlier?

Attached: ThaaaaatsCheating!.gif (245x139, 536K)

>Why even include the world then?
Disney made them include it

Money

>Frozen world
>Barely any interactions between Sora's team and Elsa's
>Tangled world
>Sora cucks Flynn for pretty much the entire first half of the level and spends the whole time frolicking with Rapunzel

What did Disney mean by this?

Tangled made me really uncomfortable desu, Sora and Rapunzel worked too well together and having Flynn on the sidelines watching them was really gross

He doesn't even get a single line of dialogue in KH3.
Which isn't a bad thing, Hans is one of the worst animated villains ever put on screen.

Yet there's Rule 34 of Sora x Elsa but nothing of Sora x Rapunzel. There is R34 of Sora x Flynn, though

The Tangled world was super comfy, they really nailed it. And I say that as someone who generally dislikes when they just repeat the plot of the movie.

>There is R34 of Sora x Flynn, though

Based fujos!

It was weird. Because she spent all her time with Sora it made the latter half of the level where she and Flynn are suddenly in love feel completely out of left field.

Sora is 16-17 years old by now, his hormones must be raging.

He better be careful, there's always a chance anyone he fucks might actually be Xehanort.

Or himself

I only played 1 and 2 but did ANY of the movie worlds benefit from the KH influence, really? They all seemed like botched, watered down renditions to me.

I think it may be a case of wanting to include the big famous popular movie and then when getting it also getting all the restrictions and requirements and realizing you may have made a mistake.

>Sora could be getting mad Disney princess pussy
>or blowjob from Ariel at the least
>but too focused on Kairi instead
normal Kairi isn't even the best Kairi, black haired and blonde Kairi are superior.

Some are pretty much 1:1 retellings of the movies with Sora and crew added, but most did deviate or even have completely new stories. Even back in the very first game Atlantica, Halloween Town, and Olympus Colosseum had their own original stories.

I'm pretty sure Sora and Ariel entwined tails and pressed genital slits together at one point during his visits.

>remember reading some KH smut way back then
>Sora and Ariel
>that day I learned dolphins had prehensile penises
learning is fun.

>Atlantica, Halloween Town, and Olympus Colosseum had their own original stories.
What? With the exception of the last one they were all heavily based on the film's plot

That what they said initially, but really I think they just didn't want Square getting to use actiony Elsa and Anna before they did, based on the Frozen 2 trailer.

Wrong. Halloween Town in 1 had nothing to do with Christmas, it was about Dr. Finklestein creating a heart and Oogie Boogie stealing it to use to control the Heartless. Olympus was Hades trying to kill Hercules using Cloud and Cerberus. Atlantica was Ursula trying to take over but it had nothing to do with Eric or the surface at all.

Not really. Altantica is looking for the keyhole and fighting Ursula along the way, while Halloween Town is about trying to get Jack not to try to use the Heartless for Halloween, and then Oogie stealing the heart the doctor made for them and fighting him.

It's only using the plot in as much as you team up with the main character of the film to fight the main badguy. Major characters like Eric and Santa Claus don't even appear in KH1.

It's KH2 that uses their plots (or something similar in Nightmare's care)

They deviated pretty heavily. Atlantica took place entirely underwater and didn't involve Ariel going on land or Prince Eric at all until 2 but we still had to fight and defeat giant Ursula in 1. Halloween Town meanwhile was focused entirely around Jack trying to incorporate Heartless in to his Halloween festivities and then Oogie steps in to take control of them before getting beaten, Christmas doesn't play any part in the plot at all until 2.

Halloween Town in 2 was actually a sequel to the movie.
>Jack Skellington?! What kind of mischief are you up to THIS time?!
>"This time"?
>It's a long story.

Why not both?

>in the movie: a Game of Thrones style political manipulator who is morally ambiguous
He tried to murder two people and unlawfully usurp a foreign nation, and even if Elsa hadn't been the one to give him the means to let Anna die his original plan was always to kill Elsa and then take the throne with Anna as his wife.

This isn't anything 'morally ambiguous' about this guy, that is pretty blatant capital E Evil

But he's hot. And he had a bad childhood. And he didn't spend the whole movie twirling his evil mustache and singing about wanting to usurp the throne. That clearly means he's not such a bad guy and he should be redeemed so he can get together with Elsa.

Kingdom Hearts highlights how plain and empty the Frozen and Tangled movies are.

>I don't know why they thought that'd be a good idea when it only adds to the feeling that Disney forced them to add this world into the game without considering how to properly integrate the film's plot with Sora and the gang.
That's exactly what happened though

>plain and empty
Frozen should be but not quite applicable to Tangled

Tangled > Frozen
Game and film

Honestly even with Frozen's flaws it SHOULD of been a pretty cool world with Elsa's powers and shit and enviroment.. but the Frozen Disney team fucked that up.

In the Frozen Heart novel, his original plan was to marry into the throne through Elsa to escape his own shitty family. What we got in the movie was him winging it and course correcting over and over again and taking advantage of the crazy events that unfolded. The novel actually went out of its way to make him a sympathetic character. He did some fucked up shit but I wouldn't say pure evil.

/thread
Frozen was too serious while Tangled on the other hand was fun. Possibly just as good if not slightly better than Little Mermaid.

He was flagged as the bad guy from the very start, it's just he did everything right to make you believe he wasn't

What was with KH3 and not letting you fight the villains of the worlds?
Hans wasn't the boss fight
Randel wasn't the boss fight
Zerg wasn't the boss fight
The evil witch from Tangled wasn't the boss fight
You fight an evil Baymax for BH6 which oddly they got depressed about saving when they have another Baymax?

The only fights we got that were Disney characters were the Titans and Davy Jones! What's up with that?!

It was pretty fucking lazy. Like, rewatching it, he has no fucking hints or tells.

I mean, I can't honestly blame him for thinking he'd be a better ruler. Having either Anna or Elsa at that particular stage in the coronation (Traumatised Shut-in or Sandwichfart Truelove) ruling the nation seemed like a terrible fucking idea.

God, when did Disney get so anal? It's like how WiR2 couldn't show Kylo Ren as a crybaby cause of Star Wars being afraid of making him look like less of a threat...WHICH HE IS!

That song he sings within like 5inutes of showing up marks him as wanting the throne. Beyond that though, yeah zero tells. You start to think your initial impression is wrong up until his keikaku comes to fruitition

Skoll kind of disappointed me because I thought it was a Heartless version of Fenrir (Final Fantasy boss/summon associated with ice and darkness elements), and we'd have more boss fights with KH versions of FF summons. Imagine
>Heartless Shinryu
>Nobody Alexander
>Unversed Ifrit
>Nightmare Carbuncle

I am 100% convinced they couldn't pull another Clayton/Scar because of Disney meddling

A grieving Anna would 100% blame him for her sisters death and he'd never get the throne. Anna dying as she was happened to be a big bonus for him!

God, why did everything have to become so corporate these days?

I wish these guys were a triple-team superboss battle.

Attached: DdgfMahV0AAvflO.jpg (675x1200, 135K)

Also the movie version looked out for the
Common people.

What do you mean when?

>in the movie: is a wimpy little bitch
what are you talking about he fought the ice monster and beat him
youtube.com/watch?v=YwcYUAP03RA

To be fair, he Hans wouldn't make a good boss fight either and he was a pathetic Disney 'villain'.

Attached: olette cheers.png (327x364, 78K)

>that spoiler
Is it any good, or is it just passable?

Pretty good for the most part.

That wasn't Disney, it was Lucasfilm and their annoying "Story Group" demanding they don't portray they tantrum-throwing villain as a tantrum-throwing villain.

>movie is subtle and angers brainlets who couldn't follow a story literally written for little kids
>video game is retarded and just lets you kill shit with magic powers

What?
The Tangled world was great

As far as Kingdom Hearts III, it's okay. But it loses luster if you're not hand holding Rapunzel around.

Also fuck losing her as a party member because of her hair.

>They didn't add him to DDD or KHIII
I'm just saying they've had MULTIPLE games to work Princess and The Frog in and have Sora, Donald, Goofy as amphibious creatures.

Attached: 51005-10-best-cartoon-villains-part-two-evil-villains.jpg (340x424, 32K)

>movie is subtle
Why are you lying?

Given Nomura's boner for symbolism and the next numbered one being 4 (which associates with death in Japan) I wouldn't be surprised if KH4 uses a lot of death themed worlds and antagonists (Shibuya, Dr. Facilier, Hades, Coco, etc)

Plus the fact that Sora is pretty much dead and will be trying to return to the living world.

Sora is basically an OC. Where you insert yourself to be with your waifu ... that's sad.

I'm not, you're literally stupider than a 10 year old, and a hundred times more miserable.

They should have removed Hans' heel turn where he was like "If only somebody loved you" and had him kiss Anna only for both of them to learn their love wasn't ever real, and so Hans just ditches her.

Wait, how does KH3 end?

He had absolutely no way of saving Anna, because there was zero true love between them, it was all a lie and he knew that

>>in the movie: a Game of Thrones style political manipulator who is morally ambiguous
The fact you think GoT is good is almost as sad as the way you describe this shitty character.

>his original plan was always to kill Elsa
Tie-in book canon says nope; his original plan was just to marry Elsa and kill no-one

>thinks Frozen is subtle
>yet I'm the idiot
Kek

considering that KH3 was blatantly rushed out the door to end the memes about it taking forever (for fucks sake it was announced when it began development, most games aren't announced until there is something to show, and the game had to get ported due to an engine change) and the disney meddling, we're lucky that we even got this reference

luckily free DLC has been confirmed, with a big paid DLC pack that will be out by the end of the year, so hopefully these guys are turned into boss fights. it looks like nomura even planned for it originally since most worlds have something that could be used as a postgame bonus battle like the dissidia figures in toy story or the giant empty space at the end of olympus with Zeus that is blatantly designed for coliseum styled battles despite only being used for one boss fight.

Attached: end of olympus.jpg (1706x960, 146K)

Popular thing bad!

reminder that Sora has more chemistry with literally every other girl in the goddamned series than Kairi outside of KH1.
even fucking Larxenne works on a hatefuck level, and he doesn't have enough screentime with Aqua to determine such a thingl

The fuck she would, especially as it was Duke "are you a MONSTER too" Weselton's men who killed her. she'd have sought comfort in his arms.

Not that user but Frozen is apparently too subtle for all the blind people insisting Hans' twist had no build-up, hints or tells. It didn't come out of nowhere, you just have to pay attention to him.

Isn't there a battlegate there?

>Isn't there a battlegate there?
there is, but it's still a decent point that a lot of worlds have potential for postgame if it's added through DLC.
personally I want to see another dungeon area similar to the Ice Cavern in frozen or CoR in KH2

How often do you make shit up ?

usgamer.net/articles/tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts-3-interview
>You mentioned that Monsters Inc. had many more guidelines than Toy Story. Was that the one that had perhaps the most guidelines or was there one that had even more?
>Tetsuya Nomura: Frozen had the most.

ign.com/articles/2019/02/11/kingdom-hearts-3-the-challenges-and-rewards-of-working-with-disney

Also just watch/play the world and you'll see it plain as day.

BTFO

Olette is best girl

Attached: olette day dreaming.jpg (810x1200, 456K)

>for attempting to murder both our Queen and her sister we've decided to send you back home where you can tell your family any story you desire

If he was a quarter of smart as the people in GoT he would have kept his mouth shut and continue with the plan; heck, why didn't he took advantage of Anna on the couch
> *Hans kiss her and nothing happens."
Anna: Try harder.
Hans: "With a winning face" Anything for you my love!

Even the guy from the aristocats is a better desperate greedy villain.
To answer OP, yes, a giant werewolf fighting the snow monster is more exciting than the shitty ending that we got.

>heck, why didn't he took advantage of Anna on the couch
If you mean sex, it would have been like sticking your dick in a slushie. She was already freezing so bad Hans noticed immediately even through the winter clothes that she was unnaturally cold, since its coming from within her without the clothes it'd be even colder to touch her

Sora unlocked the Power Waking (plot power he was trying to get in DDD) to do some stuff. However it is revealed that he is using it the wrong way. Young Xehanort mentions that fucking around with it recklessly in this manner will lead to Sora having to pay a huge price but of course Sora continues pulling plot hax with it. Then by the end Kairi is BTFO and Sora is going to use it again to save her on his own. Mickey warns him again that he may not be able to return if he runs off alone like this but Sora is like "Nah don't worry I'll be back before you know it"

Cue credits and it seems everyone is back together again on Destiny Islands including Kairi and Sora who are looking out at the sunset together with each other.

Then in the last five seconds Sora gets fucking Thanos'd and poofs away. In the secret movie he awakens in UG Shibuya so yeah Sora is basically implied to be dead

Hans is a victim in all this.

>singing about wanting to usurp the throne
>A Disney musical with no villain song.

That is the biggest sin the writers committed
itself is proof that he can not be considered the film's bad guy.

That can be also interpreted not fitting in his home country,he was already outcasted by his family.
Agree, except with the ditching part, just taking things slowly.

Did someone say-

Attached: CRAWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIN.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

I hope fervently hansdemption will happen in F2.

Larexene manipulating Elsa makes Han's role in the story much more redundant. What does he gain by collaborating with the Organization?

Sora is too much of a megachad and would trivialize the plot of Frozen by helping Elsa. He has better chemistry with the Disney Princesses than the Disney Princes.

Was she manipulating Elsa? She didn't even interact with any of em. She was mostly just keeping Sora from getting the way and letting the story play out

She's making sure that Elsa chooses Light so the Organization has a pawn in their plan for unlocking Kingdom Hearts.

Attached: 1551555761694.jpg (1125x1263, 166K)

Why is Xemnas the only one who makes the script of Kingdom Hearts work? Is it the hand gestures and body language?

Its the silky smooth voice.

It feels like the villains are having fun, while the VAs for Sora, Riku, Kairi, Terra, and Aqua are forced to be a certain way.

Its sorta noticeable when HJO is doing Vanitas voice in BBS compared to Sora

HJO = Hayner! Jence! Olette!

Sora is forced to be a retard because Nomura doesn't know what to do with him.

>Had the chance to have Elsa murdered by letting the Weasletown goons just kill her with their crossbows
>Could easily claim that he just wasn't there in time
>Would still have looked like a hero for everything he had already done to help the people of Arendell during the blizzard
>Anna would use him a shoulder to cry on and eventually a dick to ride on
>Anna dies anyways due to ice shard in heart
>Hans takes the throne as the last ruler to be provided any executive power

Hans literally had to just sit there and do nothing to further his goals. Him saving Elsa only shows that his betrayal is a total asspull.

Wait, Hans transformed into the wolf thing? I know Gothel kinda turned into the tree/lizard thing in Corona.

I don't remember what happened to him I need the game. Did he just disappear?

>Coco World
>Sora as a Spooky Scarry Skeleton
FUND IT

Could also be an excuse for him to wear his hood for once. Coco world also seems like it would be really fun to explore

>Jungle Book, Emperor's New Groove, Wall-E, Up, and Princess and The Frog will never get in a Kingdom Hearts game because they aren't important enough (At the very least, Wall-E may just cameo like Remy in KH3.).
>Robin Hood, The Rescuers, Black Cauldron, and Great Mouse Detective will never be in a Kingdom Hearts game because they're dark age.
>A Bug's Life, Atlantis The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Meet The Robinsons, and Dinosaur will never be in a Kingdom Hearts game because Disney hates them.
>Stuff like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Black Hole, Enchanted, or maybe even Hocus Pocus will never be in a Kingdom Hearts game because Nomura doesn't have the balls to use them.

Also
>Sora will continue to be a braindead manchild voiced by a former chold actor.
>Kairi will continue to be shat on because Nomura hates females in his fujo-fest.
>The villain of the next saga won't get proper comeuppance because "hurr I had good intentions despite all the awful stuff I did".
>Xehanort will probably return for some reason with a half-assed redemption arc.
>The plot will become even more convoluted.

You need to realize that Hans never had that much of a character change back from when the movie still had Elsa as the big bad. His whole turn at the end was added because Disney didn't want to have a movie without an actual villain, but after changing so much about Elsa they just didn't have the time to fuck around with Hans' character.

>Frozen had the most

No shit. At least with Toy Story and Monstropolis they had SOME fun by letting Woody fucking roast the hell out of Young Xehanort and Sully wreck Vanitas

The thing that annoys me the most about Hans last minute villain twist is Disney won’t let it be a one time thing, last few movies have been doing the same twist villain.

Maybe it's time for a change? Or maybe Hans will pull a twist again, only this time he'll join in with the good guys, while the real villain is a straightforward legit threat from the start and not a fake ally

>his eyes are in shadow
>his mouth is in light
>this is the last time they spoke as friends
It's like poetry. It rhymes.

You mind if I ask you to prove that statement?

Sucks really, Hans could've been an actually meaningful character if he was portrayed as a tragic villain who reluctantly decided that killing Elsa would be the only way to save Arendelle, and him accepting his arrest.

Speaking of villains in KH who should've been sympathetic.......

Attached: 1551218436769.png (664x509, 362K)

If you look at his facial expressions, and are not a social autist unable to decipher them, it's obvious during the coronation ball how he grows increasingly uncomfortable with Anna, shows a lot of pained faces and his smiles are clearly very forced. (No, not the boat smile, that one's still genuine because he hasn't spent enough time with her to see what a ditz she is yet). Key moments are for example "that's what I was gonna say", the sock sliding part where he's looking at her with disdain but immediately slaps on a smile when Anna looks at him, the sort of manic look in "will you marry me" and especially where they ask for Elsa's blessing and Anna starts going on about his brothers and he goes "absolutely".

Jen Lee has said in interviews they went over Hans' internal thoughts in every moment with Lasseter because they wanted to put in the reality of the situation without tipping their hand to the audience, so there's actually a lot of careful thought and effort in how he was animated.

In first viewing people miss it because they're looking at Elsa and Anna instead of Hans' face, and they buy his fake smiles because it fits the narrative, but if you look for it it's plainly there. Granted it's not a lot, but it's there.