Nova movie when?

Nova movie when?

Attached: DtDcD-CVsAA-rJy.jpg (960x1200, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/874352639772770305
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably never, unless they decide to scrap GotG with Gunn gone. GotG and CM already fill the niche of cosmic protectors.

What would it accomplish that Carol doesn't already do?

Sam Alexander will be great interacting with Spider-Man

Also he's likely held in reserve in case New Warriors ever takes off

Sadly this
Rich is probably one of my favourite characters, but MCU Carol has all his things now: She's an earthling who's a member of an elite cosmic corps and has shoot shoot fly space powers
She's gonna be the MCU Hal Jordan and that's kinda Rich's thing

They are not the same, Carol is a Superman rip off while Nova is a Green Lantern rip off.

Soon.
Did you know that the Thanos attack on Xandar was skipped solely so they can put it in the beginning of the Nova movie

>Carol is a Superman ripoff
Fuck off casual. Carol annoys the fuck out of me, but don't say stupid shit like that

Quasar was much more of a Green Lantern ripoff, but even him has a bigger chance of appearing than Nova since Captain Marvel has Project PEGASUS and Gunn apparently had "Quasar" in his GOTG Vol3 script, though it might have been Phyla.
Meanwhile, when asked recently about Nova, he seemed surprised that the interviewer was a fan but didn't say whether there were any plans for him.

Also this, they have nothing at all in common, Marvel already has 4 Superman analogues anyway.

Dick Rider isn't a name so I can see Captain America becoming nova since what else is he going to do?

Both her and Supergirl last name is Danvers, her real name is Car-ell, her suit is identical to Superman, she is an alien that look identical to a human and her powers are strenght,speed flight and energy manipulation

Marvel is making it the most clear possible.

>Dick Rider isn't a name so I can see Captain America becoming nova since what else is he going to do?

The general audience is going to have a fucking field day with that name. Also, I thought Evans was done with acting?

You're reaching, faggot. Clark doesn't have energy manipulation, she's half alien at best, and her costume isn't anything like Clark's unless you're a blind and dumb jackass

>You're reaching, faggot
You don't know what reaching means
>Clark doesn't have energy manipulation
Just like Carol he can absorb pretty much any kind of energy not just Solar
>she's half alien at best
Still alien, Still called Car-Ell
>her costume isn't anything like Clark
Seriously?

You're a massive casual, while she was Ms Marvel she had all these things but nobody called her a Superman rip-off,I wonder why that is...
Right! The color scheme of her suit, let's conveniently forget it was the same as Mar-Vell's and that other heroes have similar ones (like Quasar), yet she lacks a cape so that can't be it.
The similarities are flimsy and only a total casual would claim otherwise.

Apparently you don't, because you're fucking wrong. Are you just fishing?

His name is Richard Rider. The joke is a bit more subtle than that.

They skipped it because it'd have felt repetitive seeing that and then Thanos immediately killing the Asgardians while also kicking Hulk's ass.

Mia culpa. I thought this was fourchan, a widely popular yet some how slow bumping imageboard, not some main stream media outlet where actors and agents hash out whether or not their negotiation tactics were effective. Evans done acting? Really? I don't know. What's so hard about giving him name only credit on a bunch of
TV only Marvel Productions so he can Jessica Garner up some casting calls for independent productions?

About as subtle as a brick to the head, it will take all of five seconds after his name is revealed to the mainstream for someone to go "'DICK' SHORT FOR 'RICHARD', HE RIDES DICK LOLOLOLOL".

I don't know, I only get bits and pieces and apparently he's more interested in directing than acting.

You're in denial, Carol is closer to Superman than Sentry and even Gladiator.

Hell, not even Carr-Ell being her name is enough to make you realize it, where the fuck you think they got this name form? Carr-ell, sounds familiar?

Clearly they got it from Carl on Family Matters.

>Carr-Ell
You do know this shit is a dumbass retcon that happened 50 years after the character was created right?

Carol is a OG Supergirl/Superwoman rip off, look up Linda Danvers

Mar-vell is a Superman rip off

>Mar-vell is a Superman rip off
How are they anything alike aside from being aliens?

The Car-Ell stuff was literally from last year and it's still made on the similarities of her name as a Kree name, not following on the naming convention of Kryptonians. So don't be daft.
>You're in denial, Carol is closer to Superman than Sentry and even Gladiator.
Now this is the actual, full blown denial. Both of these wear capes, one with an S and the other with a symbol almost identical to Superman, while Kallark has a color scheme identical to Superman's and his race (the Strontians) is a direct copy of Kryptonians, both based on chemical elements. Just the fact you said this shit makes me think you're baiting and I fell for it.

Gladiator is LITERALLY Superman with a mohawk.

I will never understand anons willingly act like dumb faggots just for (You)s

Well, they could probably get an actor who's conventionally attractive and likeable for starters.

>Mar-vell is a Superman rip off
Wasn't he originally a Captain Marvel Shazam rip off?

Attached: f93dd8bd8af3354c7d63e6ac7c21d56a.jpg (469x640, 94K)

What if they gender swapped the original Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell); While at the same time, keeping Carol as Ms. Marvel?

Attached: FuTxFjf.jpg (484x669, 119K)

What happened to the Hydra agents shot by cosmic cube juice in Captain America the winter soldier? Why isn't anyone thinking that they turned into Nova Corp?
It's because there's no redemption for killing your slave masters, huh?

The next cosmic things should be the Shi'ar, Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock. He could do a cameo in Captain Marvel 2, GotG or Fantastic Four

no one cares

This guy gets it.

What are the chances of annihilation and Thanos imperative getting adapted?

The only Green Lantern thing about Nova and the Corps are that they're space cops. They function very differently.

Correct answer.

They will genderswap Mar-Vell and they'll keep Carol Captain Marvel

Slim to none right now.

mcu will likely replace rich/peter with tony/cap.

Attached: RCO020.jpg (1055x1600, 304K)

His name is honestly a blessing. You can't get a better ward than that against getting turned into a faggot. You can't escape the jokes, but you'll always be straight.

Wait, Quasar was in the GOTG Vol3 script? I know Adam was in the script but didn’t know Wendell was.

That was added later. Originally he was an alien soldier and spy torn between serving the Kree and protecting the people of Earth.

>where's the Nova movie
fuck you, where's my Quasar movie?
where's my DarkHawk movie?
where's my Hyperion movie?
where is my Irving Forbush movie?

not every schmuck deserves a movie. this isn't DC.

It was hinted, yes: twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/874352639772770305
Of course the hint didn't go beyond this, but it was significant enough to warrant attention and he never debunked the rumors. He liked DnA so it might be him hinting Phyla, however... But I'd much rather Wendell.
>Hyperion
When Feige goes all in and decides to make a Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme movie.
>Quasar
Unlikely but they'll probably hint it in other ways, like in Captain Marvel as I mentioned earlier, through Project PEGASUS (a vital part of Quasar's origins). In any case there's plenty of material to work with if they want to give it a try.
>Darkhawk
I don't know enough about Darkhawk before DnA, sorry...

Attached: quasar-return.png (581x898, 905K)

He's a speedester (maybe not as fast as Pietro in the comics but it's never put to the test as far as I know) and he has gavimetric powers which means he can control gravity, make gravity fields to stop objects in mid flight, make forcefields that can stop things on their tracks.

He can also open stargates when absorbing enough energy from a star.

Nova franchise was slowly turned into a Green Lantern ripoff but his original concept really had little to do with the GL. Rich was suppose to be the last of the Novas, the only one with powers after Dey gave them to him, and there was no Nova corps they were just a Xandarian militia composed of only Xandarians. They flew in ships and space vehicles and some of them had anti-gavity belts.

Now Green Lantern, the SIlver Age version at least, is a Lesnman ripoff.

Originally it was supposed to be before Avengers 4

Instead....

>Even him has a bigger chance of appearing than Nova since Captain Marvel has Project PEGASUS
Well people who have seen the movie have said that Carol gets her powers from Quantum energy
>Gunn apparently had "Quasar" in his GOTG Vol3 script, though it might have been Phyla.
Nah he tweeted an old an image of his VCR which said Quasar and knowing Gunn it might be Phyla because he was a Phylafag.

Nova at the least has been acknowledged by Feige as having "immediate potential", he was in the old GotG script and has as far as I know three people that like him (Perlman and the Cap script writers). So Rich has some potential to be in the movies but he's most likely not coming in any time soon.

Attached: James Gunn Phyla Moondragon.jpg (640x960, 133K)

Well, he was supposed to be in GotG 1, but Gunn cut him from the movie.

>Well people who have seen the movie have said that Carol gets her powers from Quantum energy
I kinda didn't want to know this yet...
>Nah he tweeted an old an image of his VCR which said Quasar
This one , but this was also around the time he was working on the Vol.3 script, which is why it led a lot of people to believe he/she might have been included in the movie.
Realistically speaking if he's including Phyla, it means he wanted to adapt the first and last GOTG arc from DnA, which dealt with the Universal Church of Truth and Warlock turned into Magus, taking over the Church. This would solve the dangling plot of Vol.2 and there's even some room to hint the future of the Guardians 3000 (aka "Ravagers") in any future movies.
The latest, credible rumor regarding directors for GOTG 3 was Travis Scott (Bumblebee), it's unknown whether he would avoid making changes to the script to exclude characters while leaving the "spirit" of the movie intact, though.

Attached: quasar-phyla-2.png (518x823, 621K)

If they go with Rich's origin and focus on the power she has different form Carol they can make him work. Not to mention keep him as "the last nova" and he's not part of an elite force.

Also Carol is more Hal Jordan than Rich, Rich wasn't fearless pilot ans space cop. He was a dumb insecure kid who got powers by happenstance who then got his butt kicked a lot and had to really fight for a win, he also got dragged to a space war and fought for a year and came back only to find everyone moved on without him and he was jaded about it.

Carol and Hal are cocky (and they don't really use it to mask insecurity like Rich, they are really cocky) and have the whole patrolling space police thing (well Carol has Alpha Flight if you want to think of them that way and Starforce is more of a temp Kree thing). When DnA started writing him Rich was more of a lone ranger western drifter hero type who goes from town to town (or planet to planet) saving people and fighting bad guys. IIRC in his first issue he goes around helping various aliens in different planets and at one point he acknowledges that the Space Knights as the space police.

But even when they wanted to make the Xandarian militia into space cops with the Xandarian Star corps Rich wasn't really that much of a cop and always disobeyed them and did what he wanted (which gets him in trouble). The only time they really want to push Rich as a space cop was in Annihilation Prologue and that didn't last, Giffen was the one that made them full GL corps (the one who started it was Nicieza in Nova vol. 2) but that didn't last long.

No, he was cut off long before Gunn got there and it was by Perlman who had put him in the script in the first palce.

>Carol gets her powers from Quantum energy
Seeing how Feige mentioned several times that her powers were connected to the Quantum realm I can believe it. This and GL would probably kill Quasar for the time being.