Who is more popular in Asia? Marvel or DC?

Who is more popular in Asia? Marvel or DC?

Attached: Marvel-vs-DC.jpg (1704x852, 457K)

Marvel.

DC

Neither

Marvel is literally more popular everywhere

DC

Superman
Batman
Wondy
Flash

Are the default reference of a superhero here.

Based

I honestly don't know. Batman and Superman were big during my childhood where there were many local parodies and playes about them, but then spider-man started to get really popular after rami movies and mcu made marvel characters more known nowdays. So, it's hard to tell.

From what I tend to see online, Marvel movies are extemely popular out in Asia, and Spider-Man is the top tier character out there, cause he’s Spider-Man. DC is slightly less popular, but characters like Batman, Superman, the Teen Titans, Harley Quinn and recently. Aquaman are pretty popular or well known. Shazam has a surprising cult following in Japan. Idk, it seems most of Asia know more about Marvel cause of the movies and about DC because of the tv shows and cartoons. Not many read the comics or stopped reading after the boom and crash of the 90’s.

>Teen Titans
Are they? They never seem to be popular in asia to me.

Idk, it seems to me that they are, but mainly because of the 2003 show and it’s mostly a niche fanbase. The comics weren’t at all popular in Asia, I think, but I’ve seen Japanese and some Chinese people online talk about the TT show.

Chin Chong comics.

fun fact: Dogwelder is popular in Japan. Japanese novelist Kaihou Norimitsu started reading Hitman and tweeting about it, and Dogwelder specifically. People picked up on it and Dogwelder became a meme. It lead to Hitman getting translated to Japanese in 2013 because of demand. Section 8 have hilariously translated names as well.

Dogwelder: Inu Yousetsu Man (literally Dogwelding Man)
Jean De Baton-Baton: French Person Man
Shakes: Trembling Shaking Man
Sixpack: Drunk who hits you with a liquor bottle Man

Here's a cosplayer.

Attached: e0b54cd283a30225065c6f93889a9d4f.jpg (474x632, 89K)

Oh, how could I forget.

Bueno Excellente: Sexual Perversion Man (also Sodomy Man)

Who do I trust?

Attached: 1520796467402.jpg (1179x883, 93K)

In Japan we do not care about DC and Marvel. We like Batman, Spider-man, Superman and Wonder Woman. That's it.

Japan seems to care about Marvel more at least, given the fact that Spider-man got a toku series.

Marvel has China on lock down.
Ironman is the number 1 hero there.

I love how China gives a nickname to just about everything. Shame everything else about their country is shit.

Attached: 1548084089991.png (554x602, 40K)

Do they? I thought that they like Batman the most?

I think they both are equally popular in Asia.