When was the last time you heard a story with a GOOD vizier?

When was the last time you heard a story with a GOOD vizier?
Is it just the Disney Jafar that made the title untrustworthy, or is there something else, like the word itself just looking or sounding evil?

Attached: screen_shot_2017-08-04_at_12.22.34_pm.png (1200x680, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-77cUxba-aA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, Jafar Iz No Good.

I will Caliph instead of the Caliph!

*will be

if they're Muslim they're inherently bad

First one that comes to mind is Sebastian Crab. I know it isn't his official title, but he shared the same position as chief advisor in Triton's court. For that matter, Zazu as well. They were both well meaning as civil servants, tutors, and advisers.

If it specifically has to be the title of Grand Vizier and not just a royal adviser, I can't even think of that many to begin with. Jafar, Khilbron, Nappa, and that's it. All evil.

>When was the last time you heard a story with a GOOD vizier?

The original Alladin.

Aladdin takes place in pre Islamic arabia

Sultan does refer to Allah on occasion, but I suppose he could be referring to whatever deity was in vogue at that time. I don't recall him ever bringing up the Prophet or anything specific like that, as one would expect from a kid's cartoon with no overt religious message.

>vizier
>viz-er
>Visser Three
YERK SCUM NEEDS TO BE ERASED FROM THIS PLANET AND I WILL NOT FALL FOR YOUR SHITTY RUSES

Attached: Animorphs_Alliance_poster_Marco_close_up.jpg (185x168, 10K)

something about leading without accountability is inherently suspicious.

remember when jafar was brought back in the gayest way possible in tas

If you have an honest advisor and a fool for a king, it is the advisors duty to confront the king, deposing him if necessary.

But he must do so honestly, he must beg the courts loyalty.

Which isn't to say he not come prepared, perhaps with an armed contingent.

I prefer the title of royal seneshal. I don't know that this is true, but I'd like to believe it was at one time true: I've heard the seneshals duty is if the emperor ever abandons his people, to kill him and install someone else as emperor.

He is expected to be by his side during all his major decisions. He has a blade with which to kill the king, and it is expected that none will interfere, though people sometimes do.

This, and the source of his name - Ja'far ibn Yahya - was by most remaining accounts a fairly chill Buddhist who funded the sciences and arts.

A lot of copies of 1001 Arabian Nights, if the table is about a fooolish caliph and his wise vizier, will even call the vizier Jafar for it.

Who has rights or claim to the throne varies, but it is the seneshals duty, if the ruler is corrupt or won't step down, to execute his duty faithfully, often at the cost of his life, and sometimes his loved ones.

For this reason the seneshal is often expected to remain distant from other people and avoid having close relationships with other people.

oh right, cause Aladdin was cast as a dick ass thief, right? Like he was scum.

I dunno, i mostly just keep it on my shelf to look clever, I know about the gypsy trying to buy time to delay her execution, but medieval fairy tales are awful.

What else would you expect from the Chinese?

I have all kinds of mushy sentiments. I'd make a terrible seneshal.

I have a cat, a dog, my mom, my stepdad, my best friend, and thats it. My parents are on their way out, and they will probably outlast the pets, and me and my friend grow more distant every passing year.

Are you kidding? I'd make a great seneshal!

It 1001 nights it's 50/50, yet he always smart. Judge in tales is good most of the time while padishah tend to be evil/dumb

Isn't the story from Zoroastrian Persia?

Yep, it's why Jasmine was allowed to walk around in anything but a garbage bag.

>When was the last time you heard a story with a GOOD vizier?
"good" is a bit of an understatement, but

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_XUoEFzYDuas.jpg (1138x942, 85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-77cUxba-aA

Jafar was a good vizier.

burqas are relatively modern thing. They were used since late XVIII and only in countries occupied by empires (to protect own women from lust of foreign soldiers garrisoned around)

Was he? I though that was the one thing the show never did.

I think it has to do something with people assuming the ruler always have to be good. In american movies the president is always good because muh people chosen him I guess, so the next one with a lot of power to pull shit is usually the closest adviser or vice president.

I'm not even going to fact check you, I'm just going to assume you're wrong because you used fucking Roman numerals. Loosen the fedora.

Check out Twisted, it's a musical basically from the perspective of Jafa and it does this.

>If you have an honest advisor and a fool for a king, it is the advisors duty to confront the king, deposing him if necessary
Ethically sure, but a lot of Kingdom's ran on the idea that the royals were chosen by God to rule. Your King might be incompetent, but it would be spitting in the face of the Almighty to depose him. That's why you just gotta right the ship and keep it on course.

WIllem Dafoe in Aquaman was a good vizer. Hell, he even rebelled against Orm.

It's the idea that the figurehead of the government doesn't really have the power, it's the people just beneath him who influence him.

Hades brought him back in the Hercules crossover.

Even when they're good, they still betray the king. Viren from TDP is shady as well, but doesn't betray the king while he's alive.

Attached: vulko.jpg (184x273, 10K)