No it is not worth the money, it is garbage. The story is everywhere and the art is very lazy...

No it is not worth the money, it is garbage. The story is everywhere and the art is very lazy. The only woman representation is literally there to be a dumb bimbo lady wearing next to nothing and the race jokes were not funny, they were flat and awkward. I did not get the giant ape thing at all, the leader of this team in the story is LITERALLY YA BOI ZACK, any other attempts of any humor were also unfunny and try hard, there were times that it felt like it went way too fast with the action and the small romance this bimbo and that other guy is so out of proportion with the rest of the story. This comic book isn't gonna save comics, but it may make comics look silly to normies. Fuck you and your stupide charade and your identity politics, fuck you and your lack of critical thinking and following the heard just like the thing that you claim to hate.

Attached: piece of shit.png (495x497, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/2K4GLHvdcE_9WXMN-QNPeQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=-Vdrc_8HbBc
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/J9mzkvVaw2mvzvdXv3ggkw/
boundingintocomics.com/2019/02/23/youtuber-and-comicsgate-member-edwin-boyette-reports-someone-tried-to-swat-him/
youtube.com/watch?v=qJFHPgxYpAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cCHOI39nJPM
youtube.com/watch?v=Kjwlzs1OJcY
youtube.com/watch?v=PKqvD_5Euw4
youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k
bleedingfool.com/comics/what-is-up-with-ethan-van-scivers-cyberfrog-project/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok.

anyone with 2 brain cells knew it would be hot shit once Malin was attached. No script could save his art, let alone some autistic kickstarter shit.

>up for 3hrs with no replies
>on page 10 then a reply appears right before thread is removed.
OP did you reply to yourself?

Attached: That's a Thinker.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Whatever dude.

Yeah its garbage so don't give it attention

>shilling against a comic we keep getting told nobody wants
lol, I love comicsgate. if it makes people this mad just by existing it can't be all bad

It was a cringy and embarrassing product. Critics can't create anything fun at any time anyway. They only whine and he also proved it himself.
Also I'm totally done with comicsgate. I don't need garbage like this, and have my manga. Comics aren't worth my time.

Rent free

We already had a storytime about this, look at the archives this is the thread number

>he's not as good as the literal most iconic artist in the industry, that means it's SHIT!
I never understood this meme.

Cry more.

I'm almost ready to say Iron Sights was better, because at least it was drawn by a child and had that white accountant guy (the only character arc in it is a white guy corrupted by evil Mexicans, gotta love it). Also the stealth naming one of the main characters James Woods, with the other being "half Mexican", just like Meyer.

Besides 1000 SLAVES, Jawbreakers was just boring. Now our hopes for pure cringe fall on the shoulders of Lonestar...

Attached: lonestar prayer.jpg (1133x1200, 326K)

>Now our hopes for pure cringe fall on the shoulders of Lonestar...
DC is going to make a RWBY comic
i know that's a long while away but its a guaranteed shitshow.

His fanboys praising this trash in the comment section are hilarious. Whats so good about this shit comic? They also look like cult members.
They literally prove that comics really deserve to die and the industry has no actual option to save its industry or get rid of SJW comics.

I almost feel a real comic will never be as cringe as these. Because these are all crowdfunded, meaning people paid for these in advance, and the price is often like $20+ for a bit over a double issue. A bad $4 issue of RWBY will probably be pretty funny, but it's probably going to be a little book tossed at some modest, yet earnest beginners at DC.

The cringe Jawbreakers fails to generate in itself is provided by the 11K or so people who paid $25+shipping on it to "save comics". People buying RWBY just to shit on it at least aren't by default that stupid.

Attached: jawbreakers sad monkey.png (382x566, 539K)

Jawbreakers is bought for the same reason people buy Youtuber merch. Cry more, stay poor

>Youtuber merch.
So it's basically a FunkoPop? Just bit of junk to say "look, I'm a BIG NERD! Respect how much of a NERD I am!"?

>Youtuber merch.
Because they want to give money to the youtuber, and quality never mattered to begin with?

>I'm mad that the comic wasn't as bad as your average marvelcuckery!
Okay.

yeah I think so. the quality of the book itself is supposedly top tier though

Have you ever been on youtube? they sell hoodies

>11K or so people who paid $25+shipping on it to "save comics"
thats just a meme, i dont think thats why people bought it.
for better or worse Meyer has a bunch of fans that like him personally, really they are buying a book just because they like the guy.
so its just like any other youtuber.

dont think of it as "look how good this is" think of it like, "id rather give him money for a poor-mediocre book than anyone else"
another youtuber Chadtronic released a comic and it shot up to the top amazon books before his account got suspended for being too successful.

>Have you ever been on youtube? they sell hoodies
some buy t-shirts from China for 50 cents each and turn around and sell them for $40-$50 each

Yes those t-shirts are the kinds of things I mean, people buy them because they want to have a tangible connection to their favourite internet friend

>Taking about this shit and a DC book
>MUH MARVEL!
What are you even greentexting about? Do you need your autism medicine?

>Have you ever been on youtube? they sell hoodies
Yeah, but only children BUY THEM. It sucks because if there ever was to be a consumer movement in comic books, one that actually tried to improve books/creator rights/etc, comicsgate killed it's chance. This is just a money making scam by youtubers, but it basically assured there will never be a legit consumer push to change things in comics. So fuck these greedy idiots.

>they want to have a tangible connection to their favourite internet friend
Yeah, youtube is all about tricking idiots and children into thinking the youtuber is their "buddy", while squeezing money out of the fans. The whole system is basically a scam, and casualgate just happens to target comics.

No youtube is more about posting videos for people to watch actually

That hasn't been the case in years.

>YOUTUBE
>YOUTUBE
>YOUTUBE
You cant really call anyone else obsessed with "youtube ecelebs" when you are incapable of shutting the fuck up about them for more than 60 seconds.

gators really live in a bubble. lol at all their praises on twatter. my sides
did oldfags really want this cringy comic and are satisfied with it? it doesnt even have a b-movie-ish charm. just cringy and boring shit.
also his "diversity" attempts like 1000 slave powa and niggas cant swim are totally pointless and unfunny.

sjws like sjw spiderman have exaggerated those shitty expressions as racism, but its also pointless. he mustve just thought these were "the real diversity" in comics that should be accepted as humor/expression and entertained people in the past. he seemed to just want to get them back, but there was no such thing, it turned out he had just a strange and delusional idea of diversity.

no wonder manga are totally and relentlessly killing the comic shitters and the industry.

you should see help from a mental health professional

>comicsgate killed it's chance.
>but it basically assured there will never be a legit consumer push to change things in comics.
comics is just an IP farm for tv shows and movies, nothing will ever change that.

>one that actually tried to improve books/creator rights/etc
but all the CG people own their IP and get their funding through fundraiser, they then supplement their income by auctioning art, youtube ads/donos and merch.
what more could you ask for?
DC told EVS to delete his youtube and he refused, hes now making more money bitching about star wars and brie larsen then he ever did making comics at DC.

I honestly don't know why you hate CG so much, its not their fault that Marvel and DC cant sell, kids would rather watch Fortnite livestreams than read comics.

comics committed Sudoku
manga is just the fall guy

Who's saying that? Malin is just bad in general.

>DC told EVS to delete his youtube and he refused,
He just uses it to whine and attack other creators. Considering he's like 6 months late on his book, DC fired him because he's a lazy fat fuck, nothing more or less.

EVS, this is stupid enough for me to believe it's you. Why are you so bald and fat? When will you admit you love sucking cock, or are you afraid Mike Miller will attack you if you come out as a homo?

Is this story for real? Come on, you can tell us.

Attached: EVS story TJ pizza.jpg (668x955, 159K)

Oh, is it that time again already, where you spend the next 400 posts going "who cares about EVS" while showing everyone how you psychotically stalk him on social media? :^]

Attached: 1550860645893.gif (351x333, 2.21M)

Yeah, did anyone ever know how Malin got work at all? Like, is he really fast? Does he suck a mean dick? What? Cause he's like Liefeld without any skill. Which is crazy to say, but looking at Malin's shit at all makes anons appreciate Liefeld.

>Considering he's like 6 months late on his book,
Well, how big is the book? Like 120 or so pages? That takes time.

>He just uses it to whine and attack other creators.
but he barley mentions creators, just look at his recent uploads the vast majority of stuff is pop culture.
>Considering he's like 6 months late on his book, DC fired him because he's a lazy fat fuck, nothing more or less.
you can check his recent pages on indiegogo in the updates section
theres no need to rush it out, hes using the cash from other stuff to take his time and make it how he wants it.
isnt that something you should be cheering a creator for?
i could understand if he didnt give updates but he does.

just look at this page (see pic)
i think its a cluttered mess but at least hes putting his heart into it.

Attached: goddamn.jpg (695x1054, 486K)

I'll make a literal push to change things in comics instead. I'm dead serious.

OBSESSED
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/2K4GLHvdcE_9WXMN-QNPeQ/

he keeps forgetting about desuarchive

>theres no need to rush it out, hes using the cash from other stuff to take his time and make it how he wants it.
What the fuck does this mean? Seriously, can someone translate shillfaggot?

I've seen books that are DONE got crowdfunding and not make it. Like "I need a few thousand to get my dream book published!". So why is he still working on his book after it's funded? It doesn't cost money to DRAW IT!

Also, what the fuck is this mess I'm even looking at?

I really don't get it.
Most people on Yea Forums wouldn't even know who EVS is, if this psycho want constantly sperging out about him, and always in random threads that have nothing to do with him.

>goddamn.jpg
EVS, you fat faggot, that looks like shit!

Attached: batman-laughing.jpg (519x600, 76K)

>guy that was one of THE house artists for DC in the 00s
>people don't know who he is
Did you fall for the "Yea Forums doesn't read comics" meme?

Colorer: Hey, do you want me to make sure things pop and the reader can tell what they're looking at?
Penciler: NAW, JUST MAKE IT ALL GREEN!

Which shitty Mavelcuck book is this? You think they'd at least have better colorers, right?

I discovered EVS by pure accident because I wanted to learn about comic books online. What I got instead is an insult to comics instead.

EVS used to make "top 10 artists" in Wizard for a time. You guys fucking remember WIZARD MAGAZINE???

At worst, I think older fans might assume EVS died, since he hasn't done anything of worth in ages.

Is this Jawbreakers?

What's in the lower corner, like a glowing, gaping asshole?

THE GUYS WHO ARE DEFENDING THIS SHITTY TAKE ON A COMIC, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING, HAVE YOU READ A SINGLE THING OP JUST WROTE AT ALL?

How many comic artists can you actually name?
As an artist, he's pretty generic. He's "good", sure, but there's nothing distinct about his style. If you look at a EVS cover, you don't go, "Hey, I know that artist!", you go "Yep, it's capeshittery."
Which is why it's insane that he has some psychotic stalker. He seems like a pretty unremarkable person, certainly not interesting enough to spend every minute of your day following on social media, and shitposting about on Yea Forums.

>What the fuck does this mean?
his fans that put up money are happy for him to take his time as long as he keeps posting updates.
>It doesn't cost money to DRAW IT!
it does to feed a family while you take your time on it.

>what the fuck is this mess I'm even looking at?
>EVS, you fat faggot, that looks like shit!
he keeps ugnoring some basic rules of composition by adding too much detail and not staging with values properly.
it works in scenes like this (see pic) when the story calls for a disorganized mess.
he needs to use the "squint test" and fix the comp in some pages.

Attached: clutter.jpg (695x548, 244K)

im roasting jawbreakers here but agree. at least evs artworks are still amazing

hes being an asshole a different way from DnC tho. he should stop using twatter and dedicate himself to making cyberfrog and start his comic label. its the only way comicsgate can achieve something productive. his tweets and shitty comicsgate hang out videos to earn superchats only make themselves look like shady digital comic gangs.

>The only woman representation is literally there to be a dumb bimbo lady wearing next to nothing
Not defending the comic, but why is that bad?

>How many comic artists can you actually name?
Plenty. Can you not? I'm serious, do you not know the names of most artists you like? I was a fucking TEEN when I could start identifying artists purely by their style, sometimes the inker as well. I assumed these were really basic skills anyone reading comics knew.

I mean, if I post this page, you know exactly who it is, right? Considering he's one of the greatest comic artists to ever live, I should hope so.

Attached: jla avengers fighting together.jpg (1280x972, 961K)

It can only BE a shitty comic book gang.

because DnC proved how much of a hypocrite he is.

>She falls in love with the black guy
>She's revealed to betray them, which doesn't matter
>She's used as a hostage which doesn't matter
>She's saved, which doesn't matter
>She dies stabbing a cyborg, who she doesn't even kill
>Everyone pretends she was really important afterwards, even though most of them never interacted with her at all
Xaxa or whatever, truly the best of us all.

Fair enough.

Are you lecturing people on Yea Forums and you can't even fucking identify artists from their art?

Nope. Looks like generic capeshittery.
People only remember writers, unless the art is so bad that you're Erica Henderson.
When's the last time Yea Forums has ever had a thread about artists, compared to how many threads we have about writers, with the only exception being when we're making fun of Liefield?

>Nope. Looks like generic capeshittery.
Okay, you're blind idiot, glad none of us have to read the rest of your post!

Stop being such a tryhard samefag. You're not impressing anyone with your schoolyard fronting, you dumb faggot.

You'll remember me when I'm done making my comic.

Like, around a hundred or so? Assuming we count ones that are also dead/retired. Probably more if I really tried. How the fuck can you read comics and not be able to name artists?

She was oringally only supposed to be in a couple of pages at the beginning, but his viewers liked the preview pages he showed of her so he grafted her into the rest of the story.

That's no excuse.

He actually won't, he's clearly blind.

I know but nothing she does matters. Considering the helicopter guy kills her boss in a bad exchange of one liners, he should have at least let her kill him instead. Which was also stupid because no one ever fought the cyborg guy, so it was never really established if he COULD fight any of the characters without being killed instantly anyway.

Easy.
I read comics, instead of autistically obsessing over people.
You should try it some time.

>Like, around a hundred or so?
Roughly what I'd expect from most fans, honestly. You know for sure all the ones you grew up with, and then just general ones from browsing Yea Forums or people who do covers often. I mean, I know EVS falls into the "Jim Lee clone" pile, but I can still spot real Jim Lee and differentiate a lot of popular Jim Lee clones.

Attached: deathfactor03.jpg (570x653, 231K)

Guys give me a story idea.

>I read comics
>I am unable to recognize artists
Do you have prosopagnosia but of comics?

>his tweets and shitty comicsgate hang out videos to earn superchats only make themselves look like shady digital comic gangs.
i agree on the tweets, they are retarded, but i think he thinks he has to fire back at all the people trying to paint him as hitler.
superchats are too easy to pass up, he doesnt pull the numbers to make a lot from ad revenue so superchats, merch and auctions is the only income he has if he runs out of fundraiser profit.

Attached: ouch.jpg (695x1059, 324K)

Todd McFarlane is one such artist everyone knows about too.

Smalltown super powered cop. All the power of a superhero, all the incompetence of your local smalltown cop.

Paul Blart gets a GL ring?

... why are you here? Because I'm getting the impression that you don't give a single shit about comics, as an art form, as a storytelling medium, or as a hobby. And if that's the case, why of all the many boards on Yea Forums/nel do you choose to come to Yea Forums?

And I'm not trying to be dismissive here, I'm genuinely confused why you come to Yea Forums. Are you here for the cartoons and just shitpost in the comics threads while you're here or something? Is Yea Forums your homeboard and you just come here for the MCU/DCEU threads?

Attached: 1535576881219.png (500x569, 408K)

I'm sorry that I'm far too busy reading comics to autistically obsess over individuals just to establish "nerd cred" for anonymous posters over the internet.
Why arent you dumping the rest of your social media screencaps about EVS? You know you want to. :^]

his style is really 80s-early 90s graffiti art inspired for me. old school cyberfrog comics are really like that, its full on american street art, and the new one and his dc comics in 00s still have the aesthetics. thats the reason i love his art despite thinking hes a sort of asshole otherwise.

100%

You have my attention.

That's actually not a bad idea.

>"U NO REED COMACS"
>EVS' psychotic stalker is also a marvelcuck
Checks out.

Attached: yikes.png (466x463, 25K)

Right, well, I guess that answers my question then.

Attached: 1453335968888.gif (540x320, 1.21M)

huh looks like EVS is Live right now
youtube.com/watch?v=-Vdrc_8HbBc
hes talking about a recent meeting between publishers and retailers and how news sites are leaking stuff.

I really have to wonder why there's people on here who don't give a shit about the "capeshit art" but obsess only on writing...

Okay, we get it. You're embarrassed to be exposed as a casualfag, and now you're playing the "I was PRETENDING to be retarded" card. That's great.

Everyone else should post a few artists whose styles they can immediately identify.

Attached: She Hulk atlantis attacks.jpg (956x958, 392K)

That's not an argument, get out of here with that weak ass shit fool.

Because the rest of us aren't insane stalkers.
A good story can save bad art, but the most incredible artwork in existence will never be able to save a bad story.

Storytime of pain for Iron Sights or other Jawkekers stories when? Or do I have to go to the archive?

shush you idiot

I don't buy it, how is Beast in anyway strong enough to help Simon?

>EVS comes here and gets blown out and exposed
>Starts streaming live so he can pretend he doesn't come to Yea Forums to shitpost
What a fucking pussy.

I'd honestly believe EVS couldn't identify other artists though. He's apparently using the Marvel method to make his book, even though that involves a writer and artist, not just one person doing everything.

Attached: EVS 4chan.jpg (592x330, 49K)

Someone storytimed Jawbreakers yesterday, I think, but I don't have a link.
Iron Sights was storytimed like, a month or two ago, but it honestly isn't worth reading. Not in a "so bad it's good" way, or "so bad it's bad" way. It's just impossible to tell what's going on because the art is so shitty. All the characters look the same, so you can't tell who's who, or what's going on.

Old Yea Forums warned you it would be a scam when it was attempted over the Barbera Joker cover 'contreversy' and the Cho covers, which is why it never took off here until the board got infested. Consumer movements without a clear and strong leader are always going to be infested with conartists looking to use all involved.

Wait til Lonestar is out, then hopefully someone will do all three. Meyer maybe a hack, but Mike S. Miller is INSANE.

Attached: electric tigers yugioh.jpg (550x977, 204K)

Art Adams, definitely. And it drives me crazy because on one hand, I think most of Adams' art is absolutely phenomenal.

On the other hand, ever since I noticed that he always draws women's feet somewhat pointed, I started paying more attention to that until eventually I could no longer appreciate his art without first checking the page to see if any of the women were standing with their feet flat on the ground. And in all my years, I still don't think I've ever seen a single instance where that's the case. They're always either at an angle or hidden.

Attached: MagikAdams.jpg (776x1024, 646K)

>oh look the stalker is doing the "EVS is here right now" meme
you always do this every thread you get called out on

Attached: beyond autistic.png (825x283, 132K)

He's providing moral support. I love how Iron Man and Vision are both kinda like "Eh... they seem okay".

Link to storytime here

Seriously though.
What did EVS do to this guy?

Wait, are you that guy who always calls out random twitter people to see if one of them is trolling EVS here?

Man, Ethan, don't you have anything better to do than stalk some random shitposter on a mongolian agriculture forum?

Dude there was some crazy guy on the storytime thread going apeshit on the OP for uploading the comic on Yea Forums and he was making threats and also something to do with OP's hair, it was psycho.

Good point, that's pretty creepy.

Probably sucked his dick.

>huh looks like EVS is Live right now
So is that to prove he's not here? I was hoping we'd get him to whine about us, but he's afraid of mentioning us now.

Attached: EVS story New Orleans Wizard World 2015.png (570x444, 139K)

Pretty sure that was just an user having a laugh, but who knows.

That doesn't explain why you turned into a psychotic stalker.
Did he not call you back the next day, or something?

I have to assume that guy was just trolling, otherwise I'd lie awake at night. People like that can't really exist.

Maybe you're right.....

I sometimes wonder whether EVS does those ridiculously long streams just to force his twitter stalkers to listen to the entire things searching for evidence of wrongthink.

i wish i knew
no im the guy who checks desuarchive
sometimes il post a screencap of twitterfags when they directly link to Yea Forums threads.

>So is that to prove he's not here?
maybe he has a split personality,
what if its a Carolfag... or a democrat

also this is for (you)
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/J9mzkvVaw2mvzvdXv3ggkw/

>SWALLOW IT ALL YOU FAT COMIC FUCK!
>He gags
>A single drop hits the ground
>Shamed by EVS's failure to gulp his seed, the man bad talks him online for years
On one hand, that's a bit much. On the other hand, it is important to have STANDARDS. Both sides are clearly to blame.

Dude that is not stalking holy shit.

>maybe he has a split personality,
>what if its a Carolfag... or a democrat
It probably hides his Rose Tico dolls and tries to save them.

That seemed like a troll. I do the same thing in eceleb threads on Yea Forums and /pol/.

No matter how bad this comic is we'll always have 1,000 slaves. I find it funny that no one cared to post in this thread for hours until someone brought it up in discord. For a "culture war" this is a pretty insignificant battle.

>or a democrat
Shit I'd read that, make a superhero with DID. One personality is far left, another far right. Then there's a third who's a radical centrist.

We have the movie Split for that, I'm not reading "political" comics.

>I'M NOT A PSYCHOTIC STALKER
>gets called out not once, but twice, for obsessively posting the same "evs hate" images over and over again
kek
For the first time in your life, can you be honest? What did EVS do to you? I'm legitimately curious what someone could possibly do in order to generate this sheer amount of insanity in another individual.

>we'll always have 1,000 slaves.
I love that the best line is on the worst laid out page. Like, it's just a fucking trainwreck of bad storytelling.

Attached: 1000 slaves.jpg (1952x3040, 889K)

Split was shit though. Shamalama can't into good movies.

>the same "evs hate" images over and over again
Hey, can you find the other "EVS sucking dick" stories? I got them from another user who posted them, but only the two.

There were a few good ones others posted that I never snagged.

Then we'll make a better story than him, without politics too.

So this was a crowdfunded comic and it kinda sucked,
The only other comics iv read in storytimes that I knew were crowdfunded were iron sights, rags, and patriotika.

What are some crowdfunded comics that were actually worth supporting and reading?

>goddamn.jpeg

No, but I'm sure you're going to post them in a minute while pretending to be a different person.

Attached: 173453433.png (537x538, 555K)

I have no idea.

im scared of that one Carolfag that replies using creepy smiling and laughing Brie gifs.
If the movie bombs then im scared we will all see something bad on the News

>I'm legitimately curious what someone could possibly do in order to generate this sheer amount of insanity in another individual.
it might not even be a "new" stalker
EVS made vids of 2 old stalkers he had before the CG thing
1 guy was a creepy fan who lied about sick kids to make him autograph stuff, he even tried to get close to his family.
the other was a personal friend but i forget why that guy went crazy.

Attached: who knows.jpg (650x433, 95K)

that made me giggle.

Wtf lol. Most of us can name a ton of artists and this guy absolutely has a distinct style.

Where did u come here from today

I wish. I got this, but nothing else real funny.

Attached: EVS no script or layouts.png (610x422, 45K)

Weird. I don't follow any comic people on social media, so the only reason I even know who EVS is, is because of his insane stalker who randomly shows up in completely unrelated threads to spam his social media screencaps.
The "anti-comicsgate" people have become utterly deranged, though, so it might be someone new. I didn't think "the big two have been shit for awhile now" was an opinion worth trying to SWAT people over.
boundingintocomics.com/2019/02/23/youtuber-and-comicsgate-member-edwin-boyette-reports-someone-tried-to-swat-him/

Attached: zack the fucker 2.png (448x152, 27K)

None immediately come to mind. According to kickstarter, there have been 13,265 successfully funded comics on their platform, but if you actually look through that list, they're almost all just crowdfunding for physical editions of otherwise digital-only comics. Mostly webcomics.

>EVS is a joke just look at this screenshot.
>Psycho stalker, I bet you can identify artists by their art!

Hi EVS, good morning.

Wow that was fast, they suddenly stopped typing. *takes a shot of whiskey*

>social media screencaps
yea i just checked desuarchive
people rarely mentioned EVS before he joined CG
this pic was one of the 1st posted everywhere by what i suspect is the stalker or fans memeing (hard to tell if the posts are sarcastic)

Attached: OMEGALUL.jpg (750x765, 66K)

What, no Twitter screencap to go with your shitpost? Sick of that desuarchive user calling out your batshit insanity?

Attached: 2ef765hgf.png (414x459, 210K)

If they're doing it ironically, they're certainly putting their heart into it, seeing as how when they get started they'll spend literal hours dumping all the same images over and over again.

that is very disturbing, hope they catch the stalker/swatter.

They did the same thing to the guy who owns Alterna Comics when he was livestreaming some shit.
And he's not even "conservative" or whatever.

I post the "Ethan is gay" screencap sometimes because it always gets me (You)s for some reason. Where there's smoke....

Attached: image.jpg (593x543, 46K)

>people rarely mentioned EVS before he joined CG
What date did you put in? Cause when I searched shit, most posts were people bitching about his house style.

He's just a EVS fanboy that gets mad at people calling the comic shit, makes terrible arguments before devolving into accusing anons of being some stalker he's obsessed with defending EVS from.

The hell... That's sad.

We can tell you're astroturfing. We're not dumbfucks from Reddit who can't tell the difference. You need to try harder.

could be that Ian miles chong guy, hes a known swatter and does it to everyone hes had a falling out with.

if it is an anti-cg person in the US or in a western country then they are fucked
Feds really stepped up enforcement since the first swatting death 1 year ago
youtube.com/watch?v=qJFHPgxYpAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cCHOI39nJPM
even apps that hide your stuff cant stop the feds, cuz they will threaten to go after all their financial accounts until they cooperate, and they are legally required to keep logs.

filenames

Here, have a free (You), it's on the house.

Attached: You.png (917x124, 7K)

(You)

No (You)

Someone get me the Ghostbusters.

Who are (You)?

I am (You) but bigger.

Why did they all stop talking?

I don't know but it scares me.

The book was shit, we should stop talking about it.

>lying with the power of 1,000 slaves

The power of 1,000 keks

Can anyone name some more artists?

wait a minute this isn't storytime

what happened to that guys giant backpack after the first panel?

>All these idiots coming from Kiwi Farms to defend their senpais
Yikes!

It was my review/rant.

We need a Carnage movie but like... Not be set in the same universe as that Venom movie and it having a sort of dark feel to it. I just thought I should mention that here.

It's like 40 pages.

We need to make a thread on that.
I am dying for a Carnage fix.

nobody wants to read this cringy shit like sjw comics.
it surprised me a bit that meyer lacked self awareness this much and tried so hard to be funny and pander to his fans the same way sjws do. i believed he would make real cheesy and obscure shit like his other comics

He really hit it out of the ballpark with that whole non-self awareness.

>People only remember writers
Wow. Now this is peak casualfaggotry. Art is like 60%, sometimes 70% of the comic, you absolutely must be able to recognize the artist because they're the ones giving life to what you're reading. This is only irrelevant if you're reading some really indie stuff where only the writer matters, and that's because artists are usually doing work for hire.
I can't fathom anyone who claims to be into comics being unable to recognize styles or picking/dropping a book based on the artist involved.

based and artpilled

finally comicgate shows they can make the polar oposite of what they complain about: shit.

hes a bit narcissistic imo while his criticisms are pretty objective except for maga and racial issues. this happens when critics create something. they arent used to making stuff, so feel a sense of achievement quickly.

I found this thread's theme song : youtube.com/watch?v=Kjwlzs1OJcY

But that doesn't excuse him making something so shit.

Sometimes I think the more mature ones are the SJWs in the anti comics gate side.

yeah ofc. im actually pretty disappointed with this garbage. the quality of comicsgate contents is of "passable sjw stuff" at most. all things considered. this trash made it clear. also the gators hivemind and the echo chamber are as awful as sjws.

It's pretty embarassing still funny though. Also, EVS screenshot guy keep it up. I enjoy EVS having to deal with these rumors.

100%

Jesus Waid...don't you have to be in court or something?

kek

Attached: ITS AFRAID.jpg (456x339, 59K)

So how long before casualgators and dangerhairs both start screeching for bans on manga, since it’s clear American comics are fucked?

>since it’s clear American comics are fucked?
Congrats, you're a comicsgator.

most gators hate manga so they buy and praise this trash. what are you smoking.

Why would you tell such an obvious lie?

Attached: i9ui7gy7.png (720x775, 454K)

I wish people would start these threads with a mention of what they're about!
One image and a rant "it's shit."
Not everyone is so wrapped up in the tiny world of Yea Forums that we recognize everything immediately.

Finally, someone wrote "evs" and I had a notion of what the screaming was about.
Don't make people wade through a lot of crap!!

not sure if you are serious. but ill bite to bump this thread.

most gators are oldfags in their 30s to 50s. they are too old to enjoy manga or cant cause of lack of experiences of childhood with manga/anime. those with an anime avatar who were/are commenting in his comment sections are memestars/drama watchers. they dont buy comics. they pop up in every comment section of a controversial video.

Still better than that Female Furies garbage.

Well, I'm a "le casualgoobergater", and I like manga, so check fucking mate you retard.

Attached: 78543hgf.png (192x193, 44K)

im a hardcore manga reader

like i said, most casual gators dont buy american comics, much less this expensive trash. they come for anti sjw contents. thats the reason that those non sjw comic reviews dont reach 10k views

i dont even get what your talking point is. you are fucked up.

lol just because I have an opinion you disagree with, doesn't mean I'm an SJW like you.

You have mental problems that need checked.

>Well, I'm a "le casualgoobergater"
I know well who you are, it's the same cringey animefaggot with the hundred loli anime reaction pictures who posts in every Marvel thread baiting for replies. Basically the cancer no one should pay attention to when it comes to real complaints.

>i dont even get what your talking point is.
The point is that you were called out for making blatantly false statements. Try not lying in the future.

Attached: some thot in a trump hat lol.jpg (637x358, 65K)

I want to give her a hug.

Attached: simone.jpg (747x491, 45K)

Reminder that Gail Simone has literally written an infinite amount of good books more than Richard C. Meyer because Ya Boi has never written anything even remotely good ever.

people in comicsgate are jerks.

She's way better than him.

Well duh, but that's a bit of an unfair comparison, Richard Meyer has never written anything worth reading at all compared to most writers, but indie and big two. I think this is what bothers him the most, that he can't aspire to that and it's not because of all the bullshit he spews about... Well, everything he doesn't like (which is a whole grocery list), but that he doesn't have the chops to compensate.
Even in Jawbreakers he managed to sneak in his divorcee, alimony deep lore at the very end of it, with his self-insert staring longingly at a picture of him and his son. He can't help himself.

Gail Simone has had great hits and big misses in her career but Richard has never had anything besides big misses. He's technically the worst writer of all time until he writes SOMETHING that isn't trash. Chris-chan is a more accomplished writer.

Reading this makes me think of a washed up boomer writing an XTREME comic to be hip with the contrarian crowd. Just like Waid doing his whole ''How do you do fellow kids?'' in Champions.

Can we all just work together to make a sincere quality story in this thread please? I want to.

We should.

By the power of 1000 slaves!

The story should be all the characters are demons and they live in some sort of dark realm.

I hate that meme.

Maybe the main character can be a female demon.

But user, both the Big 2 and consumer revolt can’t make comics worth reading. The stuff worth reading is from Japan and Europe, but European stuff doesn’t get sold here to the extent that manga does. If the Big 2 were to keel over and die today, the indie companies wouldn’t be able to carry the industry forward, you’d be looking at an Atari situation where comics in America would be forciabally taken over by manga comapnies just like Nintendo and later Sega did in the 80’s. Goobers and hambeasts don’t realize this.

>Goobers and hambeasts don’t realize this.
Notice how the majority of casualgaters fetishize 90's capeshit. And how many mention they only read comics in that time.

Some demons can be warriors and others just civilians.

Maybe the story could start off our main character as a warrior.

Actually idk how a comic about demons would turn out....

the 90's capeshit is fine, it's just that they are finding everything bad about the 90's good as though they were aliens to that time and they think the bad stuff is good.

Can you blame them? Modern comics from the big two are fucking shit.

And the Big 2 are STILL fetishizing propaganda. The standards for American comics all around are shit.

>fuck sjws fukk weebs
>we made da real gomics
>jawbreakers and trump comics and shit
>as shitty political and cringy as sjw comics
>gators praise them

absolute state of the gomic industry and gomicsgate

Trump's Titans is kino.

Attached: riri.png (505x591, 638K)

I'll change that.

I thought it was alright.

>>Considering he's like 6 months late on his book,
>Well, how big is the book? Like 120 or so pages? That takes time.
I think it's like 48 pages. But that's irrelevant.
The original due date was November, and EVS hasn't done any work for DC since early early 2018. Fucking pathetic.
He'd rather make YouTube videos complaining about the latest daily Stah Wahs news minutiae. And it's actually sad for the entire culture if doing that is actually more profitable for him than drawing a comic he got paid like half a million dollars of profit to draw.

>i could understand if he didnt give updates but he does.
He hasn't given an update in a month and a half. I'm not sure why his fans would be cheering on laziness, but these are the same 45yos who thought buying an overpriced "BASEDLO" t-shirt should cause Disney to change their trillion-dollar plans.

The sad truth is that he's making close to $200k/year off YouTube now and Combat Frogs isn't going to net him even that much in the end. He's smart enough to know that he should milk the YouTube cow until counterculture commentary stops being the popular flavor of the month.

Ironically it's better for the fans if the hambeasts win and get him demonetized because that will force him to actually work on his books.

Interesting, since no art could have saved Mayer's script.

So how do we save American comics? The Big 2 is bad, indies are bad, and the Comicsgate comics are bad. There's literally nothing good being made in America, most people are getting their comics from Japan and France.

Attached: a-american comics are for adults i swear.png (678x937, 295K)

Just read webcomics.
A lot of them are bad, but some of them are good.

"Claims to be smart" can't even spell "herd" right.

I think it really does come to Ethan needs to make his comic and get it out. Like Zack has finished two piece of shit- but he got them done. Mike Miller, who they all routinely call the biggest dumbest autist of CG, got something out first and he delayed it for 2 months so Ben Shapiro would talk about it in one ad.

Ethan by comparison promised 48 pages by November. Now admits he hasn't done a script or even lined out 48 pages. But he has done an indie-go go for Zack's legal fees, is talking about doing one for HIS OWN legal fees to sue people from twitter, I think he did one or sells merch his next comic "REIGNBOW BRUTE" factor in super chats and Youtube ads....It's no wonder some people online say he's a youtuber first and a comics guy second.

I think, again inb4 seething etc, he knows more than the rest a BAD first issue kneecaps you. Like the drops between $4 comics you can buy in stores are huge. Ethan and CO. ask for sixty to seventy bucks UP FRONT with a sometimes year long wait and throw out more kickstarters in the mean time. I think he knows if issue 1 of Cyberfrog is bad his support drys up and he really can't chance that. You look at Zack's patreon PRE-Iron Sights the guy is getting easily a $1000+ bucks a month and recently he QUIT the whole website but it had dried up to like less than half what he was getting. I think a lot of these guys know if issue 1 is bad a lot of people will scream about how it's great but more will just silently fuck off to find something else.

>he's still going
Jesus christ dude, get help.

Attached: concern.png (469x469, 41K)

>The only woman representation is literally...
Stopped reading there.

What's wrong with that picture? They are just praying.

>I wish people would start these threads with a mention of what they're about!
>EVS
Richard Meyer, the creator of book in pic, has mostly kept to himself for months so nobody really cares about him. he used to shit talk and get into twitter beef with comic pros.
his friend comic pro Ethan Van Sciver aka EVS, has a stalker(s) that will create threads and use them to dump a bunch of images bitching about EVS and trying to gaslight random anons with all kinds of crazed rantings bitching about "gators".

when called out the stalker usually does the following
#1 pretends like there are other anons who dumps the same stuff (but EVS isnt that popular)
#2 pretends to not be a stalker even though he posts the same stuff only a stalker would care about. (easy check on desuarchive)
#3 try to derail the thread with bait hoping mods delete it (used to work but books just came out so its less likely their threads are deleted)
#4 screeches that cg is a big scam because the books will never come out. (hes been wrong on 2 books so far and more are coming out)
#5 whines that the cg people are terrible creators who cant save the industry (who cares, they even said they wouldnt care if the industry dies because they arent a part of it anymore)
#6 tries to say only 1 user is calling out his autism (in response anons will show their (you)s in a screenshots, its also suspected this is projection for him replying to himself)

>CG doesnt like manga
i dont know about the others but yellowflash loves Dragonball
youtube.com/watch?v=PKqvD_5Euw4
its either yellowflash or thatumbrellaguy that loves Junji Ito i cant remember which.
other CG people will talk about manga sometimes and ask for recommendations but still mostly mainstream stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k

>He'd rather make YouTube videos complaining about the latest daily Stah Wahs news minutiae
because hes a star wars fan
and he already said that off of youtube hes made more money in a few months than he did in 3 yrs at DC

>until counterculture commentary stops being the popular flavor of the month.
commentary/reaction channels have been a thing for years
they change only slightly because they can keep talking about pop culture and trending topics to stay relevant, most slow the pace of uploads because eventually they have enough in the bank to not have to churn out vids 24/7
Reviewtechusa, pyrocynical, imalexx, H3H3 and a fuck ton of smaller channels have been chugging along for years.
the only time these channels take a "hit" is when they deliberately lie or backstab their friends, like leafyishere, mundanematt and keemstar

>representation
I stopped reading there
It was normie-tier...I'm a normie
>I enjoyed it

Attached: FeelsGood.png (234x216, 6K)

>and he already said that off of youtube hes made more money in a few months than he did in 3 yrs at DC
This is actually pretty sad and it shows outrage culture sells, even though anyone can tell it's fake because it requires the most basic hypocrisy at play in order to trigger the lowest common denominator and get thousands of plays.
I'd like to think it's a bubble, but I don't see it bursting because some people consume that bullshit unabashedly, to reinforce their prejudices.

user, absolutely nobody is happy with the state of the big two. You can use whatever buzzword you want, but both Marvel and DC have fucking blown for years. People are outraged, because the state of the industry is outrageously terrible.
The only sad part is that these comics aren't much better, but have completely separate flaws than big two comics.

i just dont think its really all that profitable to be in comics and being leashed to some company.
its just another old media industry thats getting crushed by new media.

Read a little further dipshit, I worked on this thread hard.

You too...

Like you never misspelled in your entire life as a human, grow up.

>#5 whines that the cg people are terrible creators who cant save the industry (who cares, they even said they wouldnt care if the industry dies because they arent a part of it anymore)
literally proving my point that they don't care and they are half-assing on purpose. I told you so.

I wasn't talking specifically about comics though, considering EVS mostly devotes his attention to Star Wars and now Captain Marvel seething lately. I mean the outrage culture as a whole, with YouTubers looking for menial, stupid shit to complain about and craft these hour long essays that somehow get dozen thousands views regardless of being wrong or justified about them. Pretty sure it gets more views to talk about the latest Squirrel Girl one shot team-up with Cosmic Ghost Rider in an attempt to address "all that's wrong with the industry" instead of making one about the actual good books that do exist and are being published, like No Road Home or Black Order or Immortal Hulk and Green Lantern. To name a few examples.

Malin is bad to abysmal in pretty much every facet of comic book art, his composition is brutally bad, often nonsensical, his figures look like Liefeld drew them the morning after a 14 day bender, his faces look half finished and his backgrounds are generally nonexistent. I can say that his paneling is completely unremarkable but generally intelligible as a "positive", if your feelings are hurt, John.

And the only reason I MYSELF cares about comics is because I LOVE COMICS, idk about the stalker though....

Calling something bad is not getting upset m8.

^ this so much

And btw, HOW IS MY THREAD EVEN STILL HERE?!?! Jeepers.... It's pretty solid...

Nobody is mad at this. If anything that who paid more than regular for this shit instead of investing it in a good indie OGN should be mad about it, but we know they only invested in this for the principle of the thing, not because they gave a shit about the quality.

This is the exact thing retarded feminists say about shit like Ghostbusters or TLJ. Always said through tears about garbage.

>half-assing on purpose
seems like they are all doing their best, what else could you ask for?
they cant exactly shut themselves off from youtube because the algorithm will kill their channel.

>instead of making one about the actual good books that do exist and are being published
Richard Meyer tried that!
he even created a hashtag so people could take pictures with the comics they bought.
comic pros started blocking and shit talking everyone who used it and started attacking creators of the books even though they arent even CG.

They can still make videos and make comics, it's easy. Even if it takes really long to make, I don't care, I want me my golden quality comic book that Richard promised and he didn't live up to expectations, he lied.

#movetheneedle was a farce because Meyer is so fucking retarded he doesn't even understand how sales are tracked in the comics industry. You go a lot of morons buying 1992 Punisher issues thinking that it would show Marvel that people loved violent comics.
It was good for the LCS in the short term but it did nothing to actually change comics nor did it build any kind of consistent reader/consumerbase.

>They can still make videos and make comics
most of them are drawing in the livestreams

It's kinda like the scorpion and the frog thing, these CG dudes and followers can't deny their nature, because it always seems like they're acting in bad faith even when they aren't. They're the ones who were supporting Immortal Hulk *despite* Ewing being against them in principle, then threw a fit at #11 and said they were gonna boycott it, then #12 came out and the sales report indicated... An increase in sales.
But yeah the problem comes from them feeling a certain sort of entitlement with the books they support, like the writer and creators owe them anything just because they dropped $4 in a floppy.

>You go a lot of morons buying 1992 Punisher issues thinking that it would show Marvel that people loved violent comics.
bullshit he recommend NEW books too even by people who hated him
Spiderman, the silencer, black panther, rogue & gambit

nerds being nerds
just look at the RWBY youtubers
every volume is
>its sucks im dropping the show
>proceeds to review every new episode with a love hate relationship.

the biggest source of anger comes from the creator painting them with a broad brush, bot block lists and calling them racist without actually checking

I went to sleep, got up, had a full day, and none of you guys had any of the other EVS stories? Lame!

What did you all even move onto talking about to keep this thread alive?

Attached: 1431328727628.jpg (428x599, 52K)

comicsgaters think these creators owe them anything and they are willing to whine and bitch and even bully and harass and troll people and take people out of context.
They also like to pretend that there aren't millions upon millions of good comics for them to read.

CG in general I guess. Jawbreakers in specific was so bad but so boring that it doesn't even deserve scrutiny, it just happened.

This really just goes to show that TenNaple is the only CG creator worth supporting. The man can both write and draw and is already beginning to fulfill parts of his campaign. EVS is a good artist, but there's no reason Cyberfrog should be so late.

I like Meyer, but hes not a good writer. This book was bad, and not even in a fun way. Malin should be ashamed that this embarrassing art was published and sent out.

Miller is a jackass and Lonestar is going to be boring in the same way.

I want to get behind CG, I do, but my god, this cant be what you're doing when you talk about "saving the industry".

Attached: IMG_20190301_200140.jpg (1478x2048, 444K)

Isn't this fun?

It's weird that they want SO MUCH from creators, except their own. Like EVS straight up isn't finishing his book, but they'll make every excuse in the world for him. If anyone else was 6 months late, you'd never hear the end of it. At least you could actually say there were people with varying politics in GG. It's obvious CG is purely a political thing run by youtubers, not comic creators.

>that date/time
oof

If you ask me I prefer when it's about roasting bad series than the dumb Twitter bullshit and the harassment/trolling from these people and the warring in between. At least you can actually judge in their own merits whether they have the chops or not.

>If anyone else was 6 months late, you'd never hear the end of it.
I mean it's like with GRRM, where you see him going to banquets and attending shows while telling the fans Winds of Winter is still late; except here you see EVS daily on Twitter and making YouTube videos constantly, so you KNOW he isn't even pretending to work on the comic.

>I want to get behind CG, I do, but my god, this cant be what you're doing when you talk about "saving the industry".
The only thing people can do is get behind individual creators, and that will NEVER be a movement like this. The whole idea for this movement was to get people who, as you can see, clearly can't cut it on their own. EVS alone would just be "guy who can't finish his book on time". Meyer on his own is "shitty writer", etc. All together, they're TEAM CG, COMING TO TAKE COMICS BACK FROM THE LIBS! But... they won't. They're barely making a dent in anything except youtube views, and that doesn't MATTER when it comes to making comics.

There are unaligned creators making better books that get no attention at all, every day. Support them, and you'll make comics better. Being swindled by youtubers just lines the pockets of scam artists.

Attached: team casualgate who are half these people.jpg (695x1074, 409K)

>It's weird that they want SO MUCH from creators
I really don't think it's so much to ask for to want to read some capeshit without the author going off on a side tangent about dumb libcuck "white privilege" or transgender rants.
Comic creators are held to a ridiculously low standard to begin with, and they manage to even fuck that up.

>Malin should be ashamed that this embarrassing art was published and sent out
what if its still Meyers fault for being a cheap ass

>Like EVS straight up isn't finishing his book
why lie? he updates the indiegogo with pages all the time, theres even some posted in this thread.

>making YouTube videos constantly, so you KNOW he isn't even pretending to work on the comic.
15min unedited vid where he reads an article and shit talks star wars
hes drawing during most of his livestreams

Amen.

Nah it's Meyer's fault for picking Malin and Malin's fault for sucking balls. A Filipino can draw 10x better pages for 1/10th the money.

>15min unedited vid where he reads an article and shit talks star wars
Van Sciver, it's cute and all that you come here, but you make like 20 Star Wars videos a day, and are streaming all the time. Everyone knows you're sleeping, gorging on food/cock between videos, thus you're 48 page book isn't even written.

At least write it!

48 pages, man. With the big two schedule, he would have already been fired by the second month, there's no excuse to take this long for so little. Even while taking his time, Alan Davis did like 200 pages of the second part of the current Thanos Trilogy as the first one was already out, and he's already well advanced on the third and last part as the scripts are worked on, to be released this same year if things go well.
If EVS is a pro, this shouldn't be special.

I don't get why the book wasn't FUCKING DONE before the campaign? It's not unusual for creators to ask for money for publishing, but have the book completely or mostly done before they dare to ask for money. If he seriously did not even have a basic layout, and has no idea how long he'll take, it's a scam.

How long will people keep falling for scams like this?

Attached: comcept thanks the fans.png (2400x3000, 1.15M)

>fag is STILL going on about EVS
Holy shit.

Attached: comicsgaters.png (933x633, 1.2M)

>I don't get why the book wasn't FUCKING DONE before the campaign?
He had a rep he could cash in on, just like Inafune. A rep mostly built on being at the right place at the right time, instead of actual talent.

Just like Inafune.

>it will never come out
keep meming

>48 page book
its actually 3 books in 1 campaign so its more than 48 pages
add at least 18 for 1988
and add more time for the coloring of amphibionix
Cyberfrog 1998, Cyberfrog AMPHIBIONIX and Cyberfrog Bloodhoney
some are only available at higher tiers

but then that filipino would be blacklisted

>add at least 18 for 1988
>and add more time for the coloring of amphibionix
>Cyberfrog 1998,
I don't know what these are, but it sounds like:
>Old books he drew already
>Unless I'm mistaken, he hired a colorist, right?
So, none of that adds time. He's got 48 pages to do, where is he on that?

>literally nothing good being made in America
you must not be looking very hard or are trolling

Attached: 1514132778405.jpg (736x736, 73K)

bleedingfool.com/comics/what-is-up-with-ethan-van-scivers-cyberfrog-project/

>old books he drew already
thats amphibionix he just needs it colored
according to his update last month 1988 will be printing soon with bloodhoney to follow
he has to have all 3 ready to ship at the same time so he might be done with some of them.
his older update in Nov said he only had 14 more pages to draw.
you gotta remember even when its done he still has to get it all printed and shipped with all the perks

heres something he put in an older update on Dec 13th
>Well, if it's completed in January, I hope late February or early March.

But if he's 6 months late on the book, and only got 34 pages done in that time, it'll be 3-4 more months for him to finish the next 14? What if a Star Wars trailer drops before then? He'll drop everything to make some youtube bux.

It's weird to be unsure if a book that short will come out this year at all.

From what? Shitty Kickstarter projects?

>What if a Star Wars trailer drops before then?
It's coming in April, do add three more months to the delay as he spends a full month prepping several videos comparing Rose Tico's screentime to the other characters.

You know, for a fag who complains about "outrage culture", you sure seem upset about a book that nobody here even ordered.

And for someone who didn't order the book, you're really defending EVS' lateness.

i was defending the lateness not this guy

More like "Don't give a shit, because not only did I not pay for it, but am not looking forward to it either."
And neither did you, which begs the question of why you're being outraged over it.

Who's gonna be the Ben Judd that says
>And at the end of the day, even if it's not perfect, at least we owned the libs. At least, that's my opinion