Frozen is in my top 3 Disney films (Fuck you I still love it)...

Frozen is in my top 3 Disney films (Fuck you I still love it). I’m beyond excited for Frozen 2 but afraid they’re gonna make Elsa lesbian just to appease the Tumblr crowd. “They” wouldn’t do that to my girl. R-right?

Attached: EF4424A9-9473-415E-894A-9A026D13777D.jpg (477x268, 17K)

It's a shit character in a shit series of films. Making her lesbian won't change either of those things so what does it matter.

Fuck You ya edgy gay fag. “Durrrr Frozen is soooo overrated! I wike to suck big fucking elephant dick” faggot. Elsa is better than your favorite shitty princess probably someone boring like Moana or Ariel

99% of disneyverse is straight and that is more unrealistic than actually her being bi/les.

I think she's going to stay single so that those who see her as lesbian won't have their headcanons threatened, and the type of people/countries who'd boycott a kids' movie with a gay main character won't be driven off. Trying to play both sides basically since the idea of Elsa as not straight/asexual is pretty popular.

I know Disney's done gay side/background characters recently but I don't think they're at the point of making a protagonist openly gay yet.

This is why waifufags need to leave.

Frozen is too much of a cash cow to take that kind of risk with it. They'll tease it somehow, but they won't go all in.

(OP)
It's hilarious and depressing that "Frozen is a good movie" has become the contrarian opinion.
But this is right. Disney won't do anything romantic with Elsa. There will be no boyfriend because she got too much praise for being a female character, especially a Disney princess type character, who's story didn't involve any romance at all.

And there will be not girlfriend because it's too big a risk for such a valuable character and because it gives the impression that entitled fans on twitter have any say in how Disney writes their movies. That is not a precedent Disney wants to set.

The easiest thing to do is just sidestep the whole issue and make Frozen II an adventure movie with no romance.

To be honest I enjoyed the first movie when it first came out...just got real fucking tired of the movie after the billionth time watching it with the kids.

Eh, I'm actually hoping she stays aromantic entirely. Making her lesbian kind of underplays themes from the first movie about not having to define yourself by your love interest, and familial love being just as important.

Disney is terrified of our hero Thernovich and afraid of having a product they can't release in fucking bonesaw country. They're backpedaling as desperately away from anything gay as they ever approached it.

You knew exactly what you were getting into.

The romance thing was left to Anna and Kristoff. Elsa is fine as is.

>Elsa is better than your favorite shitty princess probably someone boring like Moana or Ariel
Elsa's a fucking liability. I wouldn't want someone like that any where near me.

I want them to go whole hog. It's a lesbian but it's Olaf who's transitioned into a girl with a bulldyke snow haircut.

Still voiced by Patton Oswalt. We all know he'd do it.

Frozen 2 lads.

Attached: elsa.jpg (400x415, 39K)

there is ZERO chance they're going to introduce sexuality into one of their biggest modern franchises

the tumblr crowd is a fucking drop in the ocean compared to all the fucking moms out there with daughters who want elsa merch

this, peeps are delusional thinking otherwise

people underestimate just how fucking huge Frozen merchandise was

You can rest easily knowing that noone at Disney would have the balls to make a main character in one of their big animated movies openly homo. Not in a million years.

What do people see in Frozen?
What about it made it so popular?
The fact that it was a disney princess movie?

Because Elsa is a strong independent woman who don't need no man

Let it go, the answer to that question is there and nowhere else

Here I'll reassure you here user:
Frozen is a cash cow. Disney doesn't risk cash cows for the sake of pleasing a vocal but small minority that trends about how omg Elsa should so totally have a gf. They may front that they give a shit about this stuff but they straight up do not, because the people who trend this shit are typically at least in high school if not older and ergo are not the target audience.

I'll spell it out for you user.
It had... TWO PRINCESSES.
It's really just that simple. There being no real threats in the movies combined with half a dozen songs just sealed the deal.

Attached: elsa-and-anna-pregnant-mall-shopping.jpg (640x360, 37K)

i want a romance between Elsa and Kristoff!!!
Hope there is a corny line about how cold she is and how much he love the cold
>Elsa: I am so cold some times
>kristoff: I love the cold makes me happy

Disney likes making money far too much to do anything that risky

>Frozen is in my top 3 Disney films
I'm right with you m8, I still have my folder from the /frz/ days, I still watch the movie every now and then. My other favorite movie is Tangled and thank goodness that got a TV series so I can get more of that too.

Attached: EA600.jpg (861x1200, 1.63M)

Can't sell princess merchandise with a lesbian.

Yeah and Disney would never disregard original themes in sequels for some girl poSHEEEEES gonna eat carpet.

Attached: 8FF384DF-2387-4330-944C-7B9F48F0D72B.jpg (1110x1600, 215K)

Here I'll reassure you here user:
Star Wars is a cash cow. Disney doesn't risk cash cows for the sake of pleasing a vocal but small minority that trends about how omg the hero should so totally be black or a woman. They may front that they give a shit about this stuff but they straight up do not, because the people who trend this shit typically don't buy merch and ergo are not the target audience.

Attached: Comic.jpg (1100x741, 1.05M)

NO, they will invariably marry her off to the princess of the encroaching fire kingdom that's surely coming

they ain't pairing elsa with anyone, OP, relax. At most they'll introduce some weak shipbait characters.

Attached: ElsaMarries.png (640x506, 403K)

Prince, I meant to type prince! Not princess! FUCK

Attached: 360 noscope.gif (500x279, 2.24M)

Attached: LesbianPowers.jpg (1998x1300, 311K)

Attached: C013.png (1000x445, 232K)

>want a Hans redemption arc or an actual villian upgrade
>wont know until someone on Yea Forums posts has in/not in the movie
Fuck

Attached: C014.png (700x721, 233K)

Attached: Sven died five years ago.png (836x419, 135K)

Attached: C050.jpg (800x1846, 244K)

Disney would make LESS money if Frozen was overtly lesbian. Mother, even open minded, are mostly conservative in the "think about the children" way.
Plus Disney will let internet do its thing in a corner to make money without denying anything.

Disney might do something with extra characters in the crowd but won't do something that would cut the money flow of Frozen.

This
Putting lesbians in a show that's already been running for a while now is probably gonna get a few moral guardians in a tizzy but won't cause major damage
Putting it in a fucking Disney movie? Shit would be dead in hours.

>Hans should have tried to kiss Anna but flip flipped his Shit when it didn't work and thus tried to kill Elsa to save her
>Kristoff and Elsa should have remained single and supportive of Anna
>Fixer upper was Shit and should be deleted

Rest assured, user, Elsa won't be gay. The so-called "Tumblr crowd" is an insignificant minority trolling for laughs. :^)

And just have to add that i'm liking Annas new hair-do. She looks hot and a bit more older.

Encroaching fire nation, you say?

Disney is WAY too safe for that, closest they'd EVER get to it would just be two single women being friends with the least amount of sexual/intimate tension/situations as possible.

Rattatouille was half baked but it was better than Frozen.

>Fixer Upper should have been a villain song by Duke Weselton to Hans manipulating him into marrying Anna over his own doubts after the excitement of meeting her had worn off and usurping the throne from Elsa
Fixed it up for you.

Disney is sjw owned and would love to make everything gay but there are still too many Christian people in America. They'd lose a ton of money.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they won't, but they are going to make her an asexual.

The fuck is the blonde dude doing next to them? Wasn't he the guy who betrayed the two and tried marrying into royalty? Don't give me this redemption bullshit. Excuse my ignorance if I got it wrong because I haven't seen the first film and don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

No. This is the heroic male character. He didn't do much relevant to the plot that wasn't already being done by other characters, so he might have faded into the background of any plot synopses you may have read.

No the blond guy is Kristoff, not Hans ((the betrayal guy)), Anna meets him randomly and he tries to help her save Elsa because reasons.

They were technically the 'romantic couple' in the movie even though they have no chemistry together, just one really REALLY awkward 'love song' sung by a bunch of trolls.

Why the FUCK did they design the logo to say ‘Frozen II’ when they’re advertising it as ‘Frozen 2,’ hashtags and all? Sure, Roman numerals make a sequel look more epic and dramatic, but they could’ve at least kept this consistent. Those dumbass marketers need to fix the logo and make it use the standard Hindu-Arabic numeral that we’ve all been using for the past 4+ years when referring to this sequel.

Attached: Frozen II.jpg (1382x2048, 386K)

Frozen is easily the worst nu-Disney (Tangled era) film. Well, excluding maybe the Ralph sequel which I haven't seen.
Visuals are incredibly sparse and you can tell the movie was rushed (look at any other nu-Disney film and there's way more detail).
Setting is boring.
Characters are unlikeable.
Hans is an awful last-minute villain.
Story was clearly rewritten/unfinished, plot threads like the trolls go nowhere.
Let It Go is an okay song and the only reason the movie blew up the way it did.

However I am willing to give the sequel a chance, if it fixes all of those issues. But I expect they're just gonna try to recreate Let It Go's success and bank the movie on that.

Attached: only I may dance.gif (285x214, 648K)

Source?

that's from the official comic minus the no homo part

I agree with you about those points, but just wanted to confirm that yes, Ralph is much worse. Especially in the rewritten and rushed story department. Plus it’s got easily outdated memes.

At best they'll leave it ambuigous about being a lesbian. There is a 0% chance that she shows any interest in men in any of the Frozen movies though.

This, the worst part for me is how much the the whole story just kind of meanders around and doesn't make sense even in regards to what the main theme is meant to be.

Elsa should be naked in every single scene

You sound like such a faggot bitch.
This board is literally the worst board on this site.

Huh. That bottom right symbol looks like the design on the back of Han's jacket.

lol. here's your ((you)), nigger-lover.

Elsa should be a nudist

They'll do the incredibly safe thing and that's to keep her single like they did in the first movie. Disney wants those international dollars after all.

If they do a good job developing a relationship (be it hetero or homo) they could avoid the problem of defining her by her love interest.
Disney has always been the absolute worst at developing good romances though.

She will never have anyone. She stays pure forever for the viewer. For us. That way everyone can keep their fantasies.

Attached: some people.jpg (1920x1608, 473K)

Which is fucking awful. If you want to make a character aromantic asexual, just do it. Ambiguity is a pussy move. We already lost 2D Disney movies, we shouldn't lose romance stories as well just because autists can't handle a storyteller telling a fucking story.

Attached: once upon a dream.jpg (480x360, 25K)

I prefer this part.

Attached: official comic.png (1276x1743, 3.18M)

Well the movie is about the sisters finding their parents, so I doubt Elsa will have time to become a lesbian.

I love Frozen merchandise.

Attached: official merch 2.jpg (1280x1707, 677K)

>Elsa and Anna's parents are alive
oh no no no

Attached: official merch 3.jpg (1079x1920, 495K)

Frozen 1 does exactly that but the shipping is simply too strong. Elsa isn't romantically interested in anyone and doesn't shove it in your face. She doesn't have to say it because she doesn't need it to define her character. It is just simply people can't handle it because they need their lovey-dovey stuff. Especially if they are infatuated with the character.
As I said she won't have a relationship. You can call it a business decision but it could be simply how they planned it originally.
As an Elsannafag I will be always grateful for the blatant pandering through their merchandise.

Attached: trollsanna.png (795x1156, 752K)

I have the same minor concern as you.

Although my major concern is that whatever happens in the film will invalidate my fics.

Attached: Elsa - Angry 01.png (5000x5000, 322K)

yes

Attached: elsa_x_kristoff_kiss_by_roma0303-d8prq05.jpg (783x773, 192K)

I think they just learned that lesson.

Attached: 1534121536561.png (389x563, 229K)

God, this art style is ugly

Attached: realistic-cartoon-face-proportions-thenamelessdoll-2-57ab1aa4d549f__700.jpg (700x877, 80K)

Attached: Poster - Life of Bjorgman 02.jpg (960x1280, 619K)

Shit that's good

if only you could edit YOUR face

Luckily, my waifu is a dwarf.

>themes from the first movie about not having to define yourself by your love interest, and familial love being just as important.
This is stupid. Romance and sex are important to everyone.

Yuri is ok when the girls are cute

There's no way they'll make Elsa lesbian.

First of all, even if they'd want to do it (they don't), it'd be a disastrous move, because Disney has never ever had a canon gay character, let alone a protag, in their preschooler-targeted animated features, and the massive leap into the unknown audience reactions that'd be having their first ever gay protag is so scary and risky they will not try it with Elsa, their most iconic character and biggest cashcow atm. She's too valuable to gamble with like that.
(Imo Disney will eventually have a gay princess, but it's gonna be years and they'll wait till someone's had worldwide success with canon gay portags first)

Secondly, they won't do it because capitulating to rabid fans trying to petition their shipping headcanons to be made true is a disastrous idea. Changing your canon according to the whims of whatever part of the fanbase screams loudest or tweets most is a disastrous idea and means you're a shit writer who doesn't care about your story at all.

You should note that this idea did not come from the Disney creatives, nor have they actually supported it despite what the clickbaits claim; they've only given nice, diplomatic non-answers when directly pressed by the press, "we're happy Elsa means so much to so many, gay rights are of course important, at this point we're thinking carefully about what we do, no promises". They just haven't given an explicit "not happening" answer to avoid negative backlash, but that's not "supporting" the notion, it's avoiding giving a definite answer.

The whole thing is just a twitter campaign started by fans. It's just like Voltron Klance shippers trying to force the creators to make it canon, or like the Jelsa shippers making petitions for Disney to make Frozen 2 into a crossover so their ship could happen.
Many gay Elsa supporters even admit wanting it to force people to like a gay character, and acknowledge it'd hurt the profits. "But Disney can afford it!"

epic troll, dude.

We'll probably find out that Elsa and Anna aren't blood-related, leading to Elsa immediately pouncing on Anna. Kristoff watches behind a tree. Maybe he joins in later.

I don't recall Elsa specifically getting praised for not showing interest in romance.

The movie itself was lauded for avoiding the love at first sight we shall marry tomorrow cliche, with Hans being a shit choice and Anna getting with Kristoff and taking it so slow they're still not officially engaged two shorts and a year later, but Elsa being a spinster imo is not a defining part of her character.

What are the other two of your top 3?

I actually don't think they'd keep her single just because of people's headcanons. Her great tragedy has been loneliness and isolation too afraid to even hug her own family, and a natural, narratively satisfying end to that arc is having her grow strong enough to dare to open herself up for love, and finding someone.

Screwing her over and having her be alone forever and only orbit Anna's family life as the spinster aunt only so that some people's headcanons wouldn't be challenged is ridiculous.

Fuck, Elsanna is a huge ship even though Anna is openly into men and canonically with Kristoff, so canon doesn't hinder shippers. There's no need to construct your canon around what people are imagining, just do what you were always gonna do.

And considering who Elsa is and what her story is like, and because everyone loves a good romance, I really think she'll get a (male) LI. Maybe not a true love's kiss type thing but I'm betting she'll definitely at least tentatively flirt with some dude and give looks of love at him by the end of FII.

The people who get disappointed because they deluded themselves into thinking a Disney Princess protag would be canonically gay can blame themselves for getting carried away and getting attached to a ridiculous theory.

Elsa is so damn sexy

Why isn't Anna getting Elsa naked?

Elsa should be butt naked

That's exactly what they're going to do, because they've got Anna and Kristoff for any romance stuff and leaving Elsa without a love interest leaves her to be every viewer's waifu.

>we shouldn't lose romance stories as well

Yes we should, they're fucking overdone.

Why do you assume Disney cares about waifufags

I doubt it for the specific reason that they would have plastered it over all of the trailers if this film was made for the tumblrites

Your edit looks objectively uncanny valley.

No.

Above anything else, Disney is a multinational corportation. Their profits are essentially the only thing they care about. Making Elsa gay would alienate huge chunks of their audience, such as China, Russia, and probably most of America, considering their princesses are marketed towards little girls.

Honestly I’m gay and I love yuri but I would give me left arm to see Disney give Elsa a nice bf because of the oceanic amount of Twitter/Tumblr salt it would generate.

We are never losing romance stories because there will always ALWAYS be a new younger market who wants it and downt give 2 shits about older media and they will grow up wanting to make them.
Now animated romances, who fucking knows. They might just trickle out as animated movies die.

Humans are still humans and they love romance stories. Even if it's overdone, the most popular basic stories keep getting retold because of their inherent appeal to humans.

I'd be fine with her being gay if people didn't pair her up with her sister.

incest is gross.

what if they pull a voltron style adam/allura combo punch and her girl love interest dies in a heroic sacrifice right at the end.

This would also be acceptable.

No, it's actually more realistic as it is. Fairytales (though I use the term quite loosely here) represent ideals. And ideally, there would be no male homosexuals. Admittedly strongly hetereosexual women who are still okay with some lesbian action on the side are not so bad. But still, the ideal is still no-homo.

>Posts in /co
>Doesn't understand cartoons
>Probably watches anime

Attached: 1549831962267.jpg (1944x1957, 1.06M)

I can't wait to witness the butthurt shitstorm when she gets a male love interest

Good point

>the corporate moneymaking machine that is Mouse inc.
>doing anything that could lower their sales
lol, no. The most "daring" they could do is make her asexual.

That's way too sad for Disney, come on.

retard.

Hope not. If they do make a gay princess, it should be someone with a personality.

Attached: CrazyFans.jpg (677x2026, 486K)

>having black people and women in a movie or the focus of a movie is anywhere near comparable to having gay people as the focus of the movie

That's some full retard there, son.

I have doubts about your sources.

Why do you insist on making these threads, OP? No, I know you need the (you)s to validate your existence. I just mean why this, of all threads? Mix it up a little!

You might be stunned to learn this, but some people actually do like Frozen and wish to discuss it.

Meri a cute.

Their parents are dead, they were killed by a Jaguar in the jungle

She wont be a lesbo because the only girl she likes is her sister.
If she is a lesbo, then she is into her sister, and i dont think Disney want to make a movie about incest.

I really can't tell if people are just memeing or if some people legit believe in the DCU crossover retardation.

>DCU
Nigger what?

Because waifufags are the ones they can pander to with zero risk. Pandering to yurifags would get the movie banned in China and bunch of other parts of the world.

I think their core audience is just casuals and kids and their parents, not yurifags or waifufags or incestfags or whatever