Is there any other way to revive Oswald now that we're never going to see another Epic Mickey game...

Is there any other way to revive Oswald now that we're never going to see another Epic Mickey game? The guy would really need a push

Attached: Oswald-The-Lucky-Rabbit-550x316.jpg (550x316, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FinN3WG0lJ4&list=PLc0516tm_liR8BqMxUQK84cfGFN25odfQ
opensubtitles.com/en/tvshows/1927-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit/seasons/0.html
twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/1088951917735223296
pastebin.com/6wQbEvdm
eclipticafusion.tumblr.com/post/61151677877/reposting-because-yes
youtu.be/_BAq20aHE1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=fLostG9R6eY
youtube.com/watch?v=oaenczorzGk&index=9&list=PLz4s2S1QMth0LYkfOwHnT5NrrUqLZ4RJ9
youtube.com/watch?v=puHKaxpD4MY
youtube.com/watch?v=i59ce67U9Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=JGgRkUnuVR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh wow, I was thinking of making an Oswald thread tonight too.

I don't know, Disney is an immovable object when it comes to their characters. I doubt they pay much mind to public interest or else they'd be doing a lot more.
Maybe Oswald just isn't profitable to them? I can't even fathom what goes into deciding if something is profitable to them.

Let's at least kick the thread off with something.
Here's a playlist of all the Disney Oswald cartoons readily available.

youtube.com/watch?v=FinN3WG0lJ4&list=PLc0516tm_liR8BqMxUQK84cfGFN25odfQ

Attached: Oswald cut cameo.jpg (792x539, 49K)

Hopes he comes back to CA someday

Attached: oswald-lucky-rabbit-buena-vista-street-20154.jpg (600x400, 103K)

>Here's a playlist of all the Disney Oswald cartoons readily available.
user you are my hero.

Attached: 160786675389069.gif (500x400, 306K)

Supposedly there's something in works at the moment. Don't remember if it was a show or a movie but the last Oswald thread had a link to some info.

It got on my mind during the Oswald thread we had last week, so I went looking and found that none of the playlists already made were satisfactory since they were either missing Disney Oswald cartoons that were up on youtube or went into post-Disney Oswald cartoons.

Still, only 16 of the 27 are on there, meaning six of the cartoons that aren't lost
-Empty Socks
-Neck 'n' Neck
-The Ol' Swimmin' Hole
-Sleigh Bells
-High Up
aren't anywhere on the internet that I can find.

opensubtitles.com/en/tvshows/1927-oswald-the-lucky-rabbit/seasons/0.html
Found this

Attached: oswald-lucky-rabbit-series-Disney-Channel-streaming-linked-in-service-rumor.jpg (814x281, 52K)

This?
twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/1088951917735223296
It's just rumors right now. That's not even an official Disney account.

Speaking of last thread, I threw all the greentexts into a pastebin because I was bored.
pastebin.com/6wQbEvdm

What would you expect from such a show?

Attached: maybe an oswald show in the works.jpg (1650x1275, 141K)

Put him in Kingdom Hearts and make him Mickey's heartless, or a villain.

Only a matter of time before Oswald is also tossed on Nomura's Wild Ride.

Could be a similar vibe as the current Mickey cartoons only longer

If it's just the same as the current Mickey cartoons then I don't know if it'll be able to stand on its own.

I feel like they'd try to make it fill a niche, but I don't know what it would be.
Would they use any of the modern characterization they've given him or would he just be another Mickey? I'd hope they'd distinguish them.

Oswald as Master of Masters would be the greatest fool of all time.

Space ghost coast to coast style show with Oswald interviewing old cartoon characters and showing us where they are now. Horace handles the music while Pete occasionally co-host.

Mickey is Oswald's nobody that gained a heart

I hope this thread will be as great as the last one.

Attached: yoto 1550648892706.png (1134x858, 334K)

I think, if the rumors are true, that it would be a full-scale series since it would have been worked on since 2015 and shorts would have been released by now
I honestly think they might zero in on the meta aspect of Oswald trying to get popularity. Because more then anything his claim to fame is being fucked over while his successor became the world's most famous character and getting his fanbase almost 100 years later

They should copy DC's Elseworlds and call then Osworlds and just have silent cartoons but in the same style as the new eps.

I have to admit, I don't know why I love Oswald so much, but I really do. I'm so disappointed Disney hasn't done more with him, but I also understand they don't want to make mistakes with him. I do wish he had more of a presence at Walt Disney World, though. Or, really, any presence.

That'd be pretty cool, like if Oswald took over the House of Mouse.

Where would Disney stick a show like that?

So do you think it'd have solid continuity then?

I've long been a Oswald nut, but a question I pondered: does Oswald have the most cult fanbase in animation?
Epic Mickey has literally been the only notable thing he's appeared in these last 70 years (and some park stuff) and he does not have a large fan base but the people who are fans are absolutely wild about this dude and even the slightest mention of him being in something

I think it's a little because there's so little to go on other than his modern characterization of being forgotten. Your mind just fills in so many gaps using the established underdog personality he's been dealt.

For all the shit Oswald has been through, he has a wife, kids, and isn't a slave to his own fame like how Mickey is. He's free to be his own rabbit rather than the company's mascot, but he still wants that fame, he was born to be a star, it's his calling.

If they ever do an Oswald cartoon proper, the one thing I want is he and Ortensia to still be madly in love. None of that "always fighting, break up at the first misunderstanding" garbage that's so prominent these days. I want to see a couple that's just solid like a rock.

There's a verse that goes something like "not much money, oh but honey, we got fun" in the "Oh My, Ortensia!" performance that sums it up pretty well.

Possibly, might just have a general plot (Oswald living with imhis wife) and have independent episodes. I'm just not seeing the MM 2013 type of thing that's currently going on being replicated with Oswald

this shit is cute, user. got any more?

Wasn't there a statement by Disney that Mickey and Minnie's relationship was canonically a sexless yet romantic marriage? Gotta admire their loyalty to one another, at least.
At least until that one guy proposed to Minnie. Never did hear about what happened about that one.

House of Mouse style show would be great. Miss that show

Disney can't even revive Mickey Mouse, so they sure as hell can't revive any other character.

Maybe if they embraced his silent character status Disney would be able to find a niche for him. But I don't ever want to hear him talk again, like in Epic Mickey 2 (and, as much as I respect Frank Welker and all, HOLY SHIT his voice was annoying in that game).

But even that doesn't work too well, since the new Mickey Mouse shorts have been embracing that faux Golden Age cartoon style and Mickey has all the detachable limbs and squash-stretch gimmicks that would otherwise be used to define Oswald. So there's really nothing for Oswald to do that's unique or special other than hopefully never speak again.

You do know the new Mickey Shorts are very popular, right?

Just make him Mickey's version of Riku with there being a major empathise on their differences IE Mickey's red while Oswald's blue, Mickey is light while Oswald is darkness, Mickey is a Keyblade master while Oswald failed his exam, Mickey is cheerful and positive while Oswald is grumpy and cynical, and maybe while Mickey is Riku's optimistic and nice compantion, Oswald is Kairi's grumpy companion and usually acts like a dick to her etc.

Attached: 5bf.jpg (1904x1203, 375K)

Well one problem is that he doesn't have a colored appearance like his brother so he can't be easily added to the Mickeyverse.

>

Attached: 3157B5EE-69A7-4942-B120-F30777B4E039.jpg (780x438, 24K)

It's been shown in art before and it looks like shit
No reason to get around it by having rabbits just have white fur around the face

That wouldn't explain his pupil-less eyes though

Attached: yoto 1550722855047.png (958x907, 282K)

It's a cartoon rabbit, you're overthinking this

Oswald living with his wife and kids, working a hundred jobs just trying to make ends meet to take care of his massive family?

Not sure how many episodes that could last before it gets old.

Oh Boy! We're back!

>As a B plot Minnie goes to Ortensia for help to try and spice up her relationship with Mickey.
>Ortensia really gets passionate about the subject almost to the point where it makes Minnie uncomfortable.
>They get to the kissing portion.
>Minnie suggests practicing with a pillow.
>Ortensia points out that she needs lips to practice and she literally wrote a whole segment about that for "Enchanted".
>Minnie was going to go get something that represents lips until Ortensia kisses Minnie.
>After she finishes she tells her to always be prepared for the surprise kiss from your loved one.
>Minnie finally breaks from this saying this was a bad idea and tells Ortensia that kissing her like that was wrong.
>Ortensia then points out it's no longer 1930s, it's 2019 (or whatever year it is they decide to do it).
>Minnie then points out that it isn't about the sex talk but rather that she kissed her.
>Ortensia then points out the year again.

Nomura asked for permission but disney said no

Mickey and Oswald version of this when

Boooooing~

Am I the only one that likes the Universal stuff? Sure, they aren't as good as what Ub could have made, but they're still enjoyable.

>Pete occasionally co-host.
Naw, son: Mortimer co-host!

What really got me into Oswald is how the early Disney stuff he's in is practically in the DNA of all modern animation. Even anime took from Disney when that was getting started, so it makes a little sense to me why the Japanese love him so much.

While I'll admit the Universal stuff has its own merits, the character feels totally different in most of those cartoons to the point where it's obvious they were hoping people would show up just for the recognizable name.
As cartoons, they did what they were meant to do in entertaining people.

Attached: yoto 1550742801593.png (1213x912, 485K)

I actually considered drawing one. I guess it just felt weirder to me, though If I can draw gay minnie, I should be able to draw gay Mickey.

These are positively adorable,I say go for it.

Gay and brothers... it seems like the sort of thing that would happen by accident when Mickey gets shoved into the way somehow.

Characters from the 1920s being more with the times than characters of the times is pretty funny.

I'd like to think it's something she'd have done before, but now she has an excuse.

Fucking Disney. Bad enough that the Frozen world was obviously made with Disney pointing a gun at Nomura's head.

sadly. it's just a bit of merch only now

a new tv show or some comics would help

Attached: 1550329562581.jpg (334x308, 92K)

>Guy who wants to be a breakout hit - maybe he wants to be a recognised name in the field he's working in, maybe he's just using the job to pay the bills, maybe he's using it to try and make connections with big names - compare the egotistic/jack of all trades/regularly-shat-on Daffy and Donald Duck
>Is he inept at the job? Is he actually really good but his ego/drive to succeed leads to blind spots and his eventual downfall? Does he make friends at work? Does he have rivals, maybe a recurring character that changes jobs just so they can show up Oswald, or a recurring well-meaning/oblivious Mickey that isn't trying to show up Oswald but does so inadvertently?
>Ortensia looking after the kids, or swapping roles with Oswald to try jobhunting herself - maybe she succeeds, maybe she blunders - explore hidden depths to the character, try out different things, but she always sticks by her man - Oswald being the househusband is timeless [e.g. hackneyed] material to work with
>Oswald and Ortensia's kids - some just being childish and causing pranks/mayhem - some trying to emulate their parents and get jobs
You could mine this shit for years. Carl Barks had a duck and his nephews to work with and made gold out of them based on characterisation and setting and jobs alone, even before introducing new characters like a cantankerous miser or a group of burglars

I wonder how he'd end up meeting his younger, more successful estranged half-brother Mickey in all this and how Mickey would come to realize the nature of their relationship.

Mickey's the big shot star, he's been in the spotlight since he was born and has lived there ever since. Now suddenly he realizes he has an older brother who was basically Mickey before Mickey was Mickey and what does that do to him in this workplace concept?
Is Mickey just a star or is he running Disney itself?

Cartoons have been smacking lips since before anyone here was born.

Ortensia and Oswald are pros at it. If Oswald ever ended up kissing Mickey, after the hilarity that would ensue, I'd like to think Mickey would be forced to admit to himself that Oswald is an amazing kisser.

>I wonder how he'd end up meeting his younger, more successful estranged half-brother Mickey in all this and how Mickey would come to realize the nature of their relationship.
Depends on what canon you want to work with. Mickey the underdog from the early cartoons; Mickey the whitebread American with his friends and sexless romance; Mickey the clubhouse organiser; Mickey the mascot; Mickey the hotel owner; Mickey the aristocrat who dehumanises and beats up black people; Mickey the whitebread American who used to be a sorceror's apprentice and accidentally ended up in the Wasteland; maybe some entire other canon you create that's a mishmash of all the above, like a Mickey that's gone from canon to canon (with a reel of photos in his wallet of each thing he did) like Oswald goes from job to job (with a similar photo reel but it's of his kids and the reel rolls down the street).
For me it's enough that Mickey starts out as his own character disconnected from Oswald entirely, Oswald just happening to serve as the foil for an oblivious prankster, and the audience is in on the joke of their meta-relationship. If you wanted the two to be connected as family of sorts then the joke wouldn't work and you'd start with a different formula from scratch, something with more depth to it - but would the audience be able to reconcile the Mickey of their youth with a hollywood bigshot in a whole other world from our hare hero, or a hollywood hasbeen trying to make ends meet and trying to make peace with his downtrodden cousin?

How about...

>Mickey and friends decide to reopen the House of Mouse
>While going through the archives they find some old film reels, really old, some of Walt's early work
>On a lark, they decide to play an old reel one night, it's one of Oswald's cartoons
>It's a hit, the house is in an uproar with laughs
>Oswald pops out of the screen, confused as to why everyone's laughing and cheering
>Realizes he's on stage again for the first time in ages, he's got the house in stitches, even Mickey's laughing
>It's all smiles until Mickey comes on stage since it's time for the next show
>Mickey has no idea who Oswald is, but Oswald knows who Mickey is
>He's mad that his own brother doesn't even know him
>Lays into Mickey with the sordid history of Walt's (dad's) early career and how Mickey basically has the life that was meant for him
>Says all of this on stage before storming out of the club and into the surrounding park
>Mickey goes after him

And it could go into some of the other ideas from the last thread.

It'd be neat if Oswald got a stake in the house and every so often there'd be an episode about one of his old cartoons being rediscovered so he and Mickey would go off to try to recover it.

Attached: image.jpg (259x194, 15K)

>from the last thread

It was all collected into a pastebin too

What's going on here?

Peter is Disney's oldest character so it feels right that he'd co-host.

*pete

He started off as a rat, then somehow became a cat.

Oswald’s version of Pete was a bear. I’d imagine it’s because they were going for a woodland creature theme with their rivalry.
Pete was then changed into a cat when Mickey surfaced, so that they could have your typical cat/mouse rivalry.

Only the Dankest Meme Magics could revive him now.

Attached: tumblr_pa6jb7RUry1v60vbdo1_1280.jpg (1200x1542, 326K)

I always thought he was a rat, not a bear. Huh.
That makes the ending to Ozzie of the Mounted even funnier.

Would be cool if they brought back a bear that just so happens to be named Pete as Oswald's rival

Yep! Note the bigger body and the small round ears and tail, provided with the growling sounds they gave him when sound came to cartoons, he definately was a bear.

Attached: 915EAA71-5A8B-4CDE-A95D-2E94B11347B7.png (720x540, 139K)

... compared to his redesign for Mickey’s shorts where he has the same general body shape but with a long tail and pointier ears

Attached: BFCE7EE9-8B0B-43CF-9A69-129EC30D8865.jpg (200x169, 12K)

I guess the tail is what really gives it away.

I never saw any of the Oswald cartoons with proper sound effects, just with musical scores since that's what's available today.

nice

Pete actually predates Oswald and goes all the way back to the Alice Comedies.

This guy is 94 years old.

Attached: Bootleg_Pete_ASTP.jpg (272x185, 11K)

I hope he makes a return as Oswald’s long time rival.
What would he be called though to differentiate between the other Pete? Peg leg Pete? Pete(r) B. Bear? Pete P. Bear?

He'd just be Pete and so Pete and Pete would team up to bring down the new House of Mouse while at the same time constantly sabotaging each other.

I don't like the idea of making another Pete that's just Bear Pete if regular Pete works just fine, that'd be like taking original Oswald or original Mickey and making them separate entities rather than just early incarnations of the character.

Is that what has already happened?

No, I'm just saying that I don't like the idea of that happening, I know there were multiple Petes in Epic Mickey but I prefer Pete being his own singular character that's just an asshole to everyone in the main Disney canon.

What if the bear was actually Pete's father or uncle?

That's even worse because then you're just making up an unnecessary new character that's still just Pete.

>two Petes
Hmmm...

Attached: 293940A2-B528-43A7-9BD0-85E1938FB810.jpg (960x1440, 295K)

why is every Pete in didney evil

But Pete as we know him is Mickey's rival, he's not the same as he appeared during Oswald's run. It makes sense not only to connect the run but to parallel what Mickey's life is like

Not ever Pete is, but I do wonder sometimes if there was a guy named Pete who wronged Walt once.

>But Pete as we know him is Mickey's rival
Just like Mickey is Disney's main hero, Pete is Disney's main villain, he's made to fit any situation that calls for a bad guy, that's why he's also been used as an antagonist for Donald and Goofy.
Also, Mickey's rival would technically be Mortimer, that's how the cartoon he first appeared in was called.
>It makes sense not only to connect the run but to parallel what Mickey's life is like
Not everything has to be a parallel, Oswald should adapt to the modern world, not the other way.

Mortimer is hardly ever used anymore.

These days Squilliam is more of a Mortimer than Mortimer is in terms of being recognized in popular culture, and even that's a stretch.

>Mortimer is hardly ever used anymore.
He's not as recurrent as Pete but he does still appear from time to time, the character is actually quite popular by those who know about him since he's basically the Anti-Mickey.

Attached: Mickey_and_Mortimer_2018.jpg (1024x576, 213K)

What is this?

Fuck Oswald, revive Julius the Cat. There's where its at.

Fuck both of them. Bring back Krazy Kat

Attached: you what.png (407x522, 320K)

>Julius (the Cat) is a funny animal cartoon character, starring in the first animated series created by Walt Disney, the Alice Comedies, making him the predecessor of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Mickey Mouse. Julius is an anthropomorphic cat, appearing intentionally similar to Felix the Cat. A bold and inventive hero, he gradually became the primary focus of the Alice Comedies, to the point Disney abandoned live action for pure animation on subsequent projects.
>Julius was the first of Disney's animated protagonists to battle Pete, their oldest continuing character.
holy shit how did i not know about him

Attached: Julius the Cat.png (212x192, 6K)

Because he's a knock-off Felix the Cat so he's a lot less cared about.

I thought so, a shame he's literally just Felix, which explains why they didn't use him again, but now I kinda want them to give him some sort of redesign and bring him back 2bh.

Attached: Happy birthday Alice.gif (239x298, 7K)

Do it, these threads thrive on creative output

tumblr (yes, I know, most tumblr artist suck ass) had some good ideas here and there. There are some Julius redisigns there, YMMV how good they are, tho'.

Attached: tumblr_p9gtkrnYqZ1u9z90to1_1280.jpg (1280x607, 225K)

That's kinda edgy

How about this artsy fartsy version, then?

Attached: tumblr_p9ww7o1Zlh1u9z90to1_400.png (400x568, 317K)

Show him some support, then.

Ironically, Felix is owned by Universal now. Oswald's former home. Julius it seems is owned by Disney, however, as they use his name for the Julius Katz stores in Disney's California Adventure.

Ugh, I can't say I'm a fan of that design. It seems too foreign to Disney, leaning too hard into the bad guy look.

Attached: JuliusKatz&Sons.jpg (2592x1728, 1.42M)

This bitter edgy Julius kinda reminds me of how people liked to make Oswald into this super evil and jealous character that wanted to kill Mickey way back in the day.
I guess angst really is just that popular with people.

That appears to be the same Julius design.

Full disclosure: Disney -or a distributor, hard to tell- did use Julius a little bit after Mickey got famous (for reasons I don't know) after a name change and small design changes which... well, YMMV as well.

But yes, "Peter the Puss" is in fact Julius. The girl behind her is apparently Alice as well. I'm no cartoon hisotrian and I might be awfully wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.

Attached: Slipper-y_Kid.png (948x1253, 721K)

So Oswald was the first cartoon character to do the run off of a cliff and not notice gravity until you look down gag in Ocean Hop.

I didn't know Oswald pioneered that classic bit.

>Mouse slavery
>That psychotic face
>Even has a whip

Good God, that's a horror.

>Rabbit and Cat

Why is this parting the best?

Anime agrees with you, with the cabbit.

Being fair, he's the MOST cared about Felix the Cat ripoff, at least by historians.

Do you know any of the others? Or even remember them? I sure as fuck don't!

Attached: felix_and_his_plagiarism_stars_by_ftftheadvancetoonist_dbkh1od-fullview.jpg (1024x712, 103K)

wait what the hell
>google
>it's true
W H A T

Friendly reminder he got a shoutout in Kingdom Hearts before Oswald.
yes i know that's a different Julius

Attached: tumblr_mt380eJFrv1qmtfo5o4_500.jpg (500x653, 71K)

full version of image
eclipticafusion.tumblr.com/post/61151677877/reposting-because-yes

new Oswald short found in the Hefner estate

don't act like you're not surprised

Attached: oswald-ep-title.jpg (400x300, 50K)

the only thing that distinguishes Julius is that he hung out with a three-dimensional little human girl, which was a neat gimmick especially considering how early in film it was... but it was kind of unsettling. like a reverse Roger Rabbit. it's like she was in greater danger or something.

>Oswald and Ortensia are with a 2019 producer
>"You guys spend too much time making out on screen. Could you just share a milkshake in the pilot, like a couple of wholesome kids on a date?"
>challenge_accepted.jpg
>they shoot the pilot
>the producer gets the family together to watch
>the two are served a milkshake.
>they lock eyes.
>Ortensia guides the straw to her mouth by extending her tongue, swirling around it, and bring it to her lips as they slowly latch
>Oswald ignores the straw, licks from the rim of the glass to the cherry on top, leaving a slight hint of a groove
>bats the cherry with his tongue gently left, then right, then picks it up and brings it in.
>Ortensia moans gently and gulps, the milkshake level lowers 50%
>Oswald takes the cherry into his mouth and appears to be chewing it
>they still haven't broken eye contact
> sticks out his tongue, the cherry stem is tied in a knot
>Ortensia is surprised, coughs a little, sending air through the straw
>a dollop of whipped cream lands on her face
>...
>the series was picked up and ran for 10 years

You don't get 420 children by being prudes!

>Eatin' Pussy
Isn't that what he does with Ortensia in pretty much everything he's in

There are so many great innuendoes that could be done in cartoons that just aren't.
It's a crying shame, I tell ya.

Attached: thatsthejoke.jpg (452x339, 20K)

don't be too sure.

send this gif to your crush's phone, report back with results

Attached: singing-b.gif (480x360, 611K)

Here's a thought

>Oswald runs Oswald's station where he does maintenance, tune ups, and fill ups for old cars
>Sees the new electric super cars of the future and decides to expand his business to accommodate them
>Gets a book or an e-book and spends all night reading it
>Is woken up the next morning by a huge box being delivered
>Oswald assembles a giant mechanical monstrosity made from solar panels and wind turbines
>He has a big new robot to do automatic servicing for electric cars
>Everything is going smoothly at first, he has a remote to control it
>Then a bird makes a nest on the robot's head and everything goes tits up
>The remote is useless, the robot assumes control over the whole station and everything turns on Oswald rise of the machines style
>Oswald climbs the mechanical man being assaulted by electrical chargers, hot car wax, car wash rollers and whatever else is built into this thing
>Gets to the top of the robot and fights off the bird in a fist fight
>Clears out the nest, remembers the book he spent all night reading to know how to uncross the wires
>Fixes the robot, gets flung by its thrashing, falling to his doom, looks like it's curtains for Oswald
>Gets caught by his robot who is back to normal
>Things resume, Oswald's business has expanded
>Only now the robot is wearing a helmet
>End

Why do people shit on Nomura when Kojima is just as ridiculous?

The Frakenstein's monster Pete in Runaway Brain and Kingdom Hearts was named Julius. So he might have not been Pete at all. Or maybe it was just a shout out.

Cute

might be too soon for another oswald thread. the last one was a tough act to follow.

Easter's coming up though, you know what that means: rabbit season!

Attached: oswald ambiguous butt stuff.gif (460x320, 1.3M)

This one's been pretty good so far.

Best we could hope for is Japan doing another holiday greeting cartoon for Easter using Oswald.

Ep idea from previous thread.

>That episode where Oswald has to drive the Disney Princesses to a convention and calls them out on their bullshit, especially Ariel.
Should be turned into....
>That episode where Oswald has to drive Daisy Duck somewhere, she bitches at him, and then he calls her out on her bullshit.

It would be the ultimate FUCK YOU to a character in one episode since no one else really calls her out on the stuff she does.

i went to CVS and saw the Easter-themed Mickey and Minnie out. pretty much the two of them wearing pastels. would be a great time to trot out any rabbit characters disney might have.

went to the Disney Store and saw one Thumper (I think) which is fine, but no Oswald, no March Hare, no Br'er Rabbit, no Roger Rabbit...

well, there's like another month until Easter proper, so let's see

Ortensia could also be the one to do it.
There's being catty and then there's just being a fowl person.

Since we're talking about possible Oswald concepts, how do you guys think Oswald would fare with Roger Rabbit?

Attached: roger-rabbit.jpg (712x852, 83K)

>First time meeting Jessica
>"Well, here I thought me and Ortensia were pushing the envelope"

He's Oswald's number one fan.
Knows about all the toon techniques Oswald pioneered or even outright invented that are now the backbone of toon comedy.

There's something about an interaction between the two of them in that greentext pastebin collection.

...alright, here’s your (you)

>Mickey calls Oswald for a favor.
>He asks if he can drive Daisy to the hospital to see Donald.
>Oswald asks how the hell Donald even got injured since they are toons.
>Even makes a joke how he can pull off and put on his body parts.
>Says he can't since he's busy working on some of Mickey's Paperwork.
>Oswald calls Ortensia to do it.
>Hell ensues.
>B plot is Oswald going to the hospital.

>Oswald in the cafeteria with a body cast Donald on a moving bed
>"Are they crazy!?"
>"12.50 for a tuna sandwich in a vending machine!?"
>Sees a greasy fast food joint from the window
>"Come on Donald let's get some good food!"
>Donald pressing the nurse button on his bed as Oswald pushes him across oncoming traffic

Yeah, I can see that bed being used like a street surfboard.

How did Oswald get to the hospital then if he's supposed to be busy?

Maybe his ears are doing the paperwork for him?

>After about an hour or three of working Mickey checks up on Oswald.
>Mickey thanks Oswald for finding a solution to get Daisy to the hospital.
>Oswald again asks why they have a hospital if they are toons.
>He then tries to show Mickey that Toon Logic/Force would prevent literally any injury from happening.
>To prove this he literally takes off one of his ears.
>Mickey of course freaks the fuck out.
I've been noticing we've been having Mickey do this a lot on these short stories.
>Oswald tried to calm him down and tries putting his ear back on.
>It doesn't work.
>Mickey then explains that's all technically done by the Special Effects Crew and the People that draw them.
>Oswald then looks at his brother and weakly says, "Mickey.... call the doctor."

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26-23-53-36-1.png (436x447, 298K)

Either way, I can see it ending with some sort of crash, Donald's body cast breaks from his anger, and Oswald points out "See? He's fine." as Donald does some feat of destruction.

Mickey has become so detached from reality he no longer realizes that any moving iteration of him is a cartoon, and therefore animated.

You'll see a bunch of random Oswald merch drop randomly through the year, it's something to always look out for

I love how it always goes
>Oswald does some goofy shit
>Mickey is such a pussy he freaks out over everything

I like to think it's because Mickey has a hard time remembering his own identity anymore, so Oswald has to bring him back down to "reality" by poking holes in his ego.

>The Mad Doctor is Donald and Oswald's doctor.

>He's actually a nice guy.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x307, 907K)

This is nice but where is the Main plot?

Where is Ortensia driving Daisy and Daisy being a bitch?

>The Mad Doctor does his evil shit on the weekends but is a regular doctor during the rest of the week.
>He still lives in a dilapidated castle because inheritance or some shit

So what can Daisy do or say to really set Ortensia off?

Talking about how many times she and Donald have broken up, mainly focusing on the times she's dumped him.

She starts pointing out all the Flaws in Oswald

I'm not familiar enough with bitch Daisy to know how that conversation would get started.

And somehow Donald would've gotten injured in the first place trying to do something for Daisy.

>Daisy makes Ortensia stop at a clothes shop first, claiming she needs better clothes to wear for Donald.
>When they are checking out, Ortensia notices that Daisy is using Donald's Money.
>Because they stopped for clothes they are now stuck in traffic.
>Daisy blames Ortensia for this for being so slow when she was carrying stuff at the shop.
>Since they are in traffic, Ortensia tries confronting Daisy using Donald's Money.
>Trying to hide the fact she's a gold digger, Daisy claims that she and Oswald are technically doing the same thing to Mickey.
>Even pointing out that Ortensia "kids" are making it much harder on Mickey.
>Daisy starts asking if Oswald's Kids are even her kids.
>We then get a quick flashback (serving as an explanation) of Ortensia telling Oswald she's pregnant along with some other cute flashbacks of them taking care of the kids.
>Ortensia ends the flashback saying she was glad to give up acting for her kids.
>Daisy then goes on to tell Ortensia that she was an idiot for leaving her acting career to take care of a bunch of brats.
>Daisy even goes on to talk about how they should just get rid of a few.
>This is where Ortensia tolerance ends.
>She slams the breaks in front of a greasy restaurant unknowingly hitting Oswald and Donald with the car.
>This is where Ortensia basically says the TV-PG version of FUCK YOU to Daisy and calls her out for her bullshit for 5 straight minutes.
>She then kicks Daisy out of telling her to piss off.
>It ends with her leaving for home.
>She waits in bed for Oswald.
>When Oswald returns home he has a bunch of casts on.
>He then goes on to talk about how some crazy driver hit him with their car but he'll recover in a few days because he was half right about cartoon logic.
>The episode ends with Ortensia suggesting how she did always want to try the nurse costume.

This is basically turing into a Disney version of Always Sunny.
And I approve.

It's a nice take on "Ain't we got fun?"

(Ortensia)
Every morning, every evening
Ain't we got fun!

Not much money, oh but honey
Ain't we got fun!

Our love won't fade, dear
And we won't fuss

A smile's what they hear
For people like us

Night or daytime
It's all playtime
Ain't we got fun!

Hot or cold days
Any old days
Ain't we got fun!

Our love will grow now

(Oswald)
I'll hold your hand and I won't let go, now

(Both)
In the meantime
Inbetween time
Ain't we got fun!

(Chorus)
Our love will grow now
He'll hold your hand and he won't let go, now

In the meantime

Inbetween time

Baby we got fun

(Oswald)
Baby take a bow!

So just how big a bitch is Daisy in Disney canon compared to this?

>A smile's what they hear
That's probably supposed to be
"Smiles were made, dear"

It's really hard sometimes to figure out what Ortensia is singing when she hits the high notes.

>supposed to be a comfy Oswald thread
>begins to turn into a circle jerk of daisy hateboners with some family guy tier fan fiction
God dammit guys

Attached: 9B48B196-55E3-4926-B4AC-562BC896F60F.gif (500x280, 804K)

Tell us a joke to lighten the mood then.

Why are rabbits so lucky?
They have four rabbit's feet, hawha!

Attached: 4350E522-ED41-4C08-BCD6-1146DE0F0070.jpg (432x242, 39K)

I'd hope so, i love the character

I mean hell just put him in stupid ass roadster racers, say he's Mickey's older brother, kids won't care, but they'll remember him

Have a drawing I did for a recent drawthread. I made sure that Bugs' and Oswald's designs were from around the same time period and conceived it as a sort of a passing of the torch, from one cartoon rabbit about to fade into obscurity to another cartoon rabbit whose star is on the rise.

Attached: rabbits meet.jpg (777x551, 149K)

I love it. I hope Bugs at least thanks him in his acceptance speeches.

Nice touch having Slappy in the background!

>Educational Oswald
How would this work

Dang Oswald

>asking if Oswald's Kids are even her kids
what, does Daisy both assume that mammals lay eggs and think the male lays the eggs?
My headcanon is that the 420 kids are spread between Ortensia and a large sequential harem of ex-wives, and Ortensia is Oswald's 2nd and 14th wife. But they all look like blue Oswalds so you can't tell who is whose.

though I can't be arsed to actually go through all the Lantz/Universal cartoons and count the definitely-not-Ortensia love interests and insert Slappy Squirrel around 1948, though since Oswald himself changes design completely and nobody has names, who knows.

sex ed

>Oswald helps Minnie re-open her Institute for the Tragically Un-Hip
>"so was there a lot of demand in the 1980s for lessons in being "hip" from 1930s stars?"
>"We were current! Look at this grid of 16 TVs!"
>"we have a lot of work to do. I hear asbestos is illegal now."

Either Ortensia has a mighty womb or they were delivered by stork like how it happened in Poor Papa.

That site says something about IMDB on the top and that image was first found on a (now-deleted) Imdb listing, so that's very likely it

Stork. It's the stork.

Attached: Bastard Bird.jpg (2250x1500, 881K)

An entire legion of them.

That Oswald fends off with his trusty shotgun

>No vacancies

Oswald needs a cool comic series, we got comics before but a whole slew of them in a themed world
Donald has his family adventure universe and Mickey has his badass detective comics, what could Oswald have?

Oswald as the working toon trying to get gigs?

Oswald works as a talent agent for Disney, interviewing up and coming too actors to see if they have what it takes. Secretly, he's hoping to ride someone's coattails back to the top despite constant reassurance by his wife and friends that he doesn't need to be a celebrity in order to be loved. The humor would be focused on poking fun on various aspects of modern animation as viewed by Oswald, who despite initial optimism is usually confused by the actors he interviews.
>Oswald interviews an anime pretty boy
>"Ya know, I'm not too smart when it comes to Japanese cartoons, but I like the cut off your ji-"
>"Anime"
>"...I'm sorry?"
>"The term is anime. And I assure you it's much more subtle adult than any silly cartoon you've seen"
>Oswald let's loose a beleaguered sigh.

Imagine Oswald meeting the shitty typical anime harem protagonist and he and Ortensia just go to town on each other in front of him just to show off.
"You ever do anything like this with any of those gals?"

>Krazy Kat
>a Felix knockoff
Come the hell on.

>haha anime guys
Seems less like a Western cartoon character reboot and more a vehicle for angry out-of-touch nerds to vent

My main idea is he's put in scenarios with old business practices then tries to modernize them to keep up with shifting demand.

>Oswald works in an office building and has to update the computers only to get sent through the wires, the internet, and fight a virus his stupid boss infected the company with
>Oswald as a dock hand at a cargo depot, it's all management and charts until he has to fight off a modern day pirate version of Pete
>Oswald as a detective using the latest cutting edge techniques of ENHANCE, MAGNIFY, rotate the image, flip it, adjust the brightness, etc.

Each time it starts with what he expects the job entails and then has to deal with what it actually entails now.

I have friends who work at the parks. Supposedly hey only took him off the site and off the meet and greet list until Easter. He's not one of the holiday exclusive meet and greets so they likely shelfed him till spring. He and the other obscure rabbit characters are always there for Easter celebrations tho, so he'll likely be back during that.

That was my initial reaction, too, but the pic seems to be referring specifically to the Bill Nolan animated version, which was loosely based on the original and does look a lot more like Felix.

Ok sorry, with that explanation it sounds a lot better than I had first assumed

Ortensia's version of "Ain't we got fun" from the FanDaze makes me think she and Oswald are doing it constantly.
Like whenever no one is looking.

That was just what I was thinking in terms of how to re-introduce Oswald as a show carrying character in the same vein as him modernizing Oswald Station.

Imagine Ortensia and Oswald once the spring season starts.
Haha

One hell of a spring cleaning.

youtu.be/_BAq20aHE1Q
Tongue gags are not new to her

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-174828.png (1920x1080, 534K)

Since any new stuff we're going to get featuring Oswald and Ortensia is going to be produced by Disney, do their non-Disney cartoons count towards their modern characterizations?

Oh you fucking know they do

Now that I think about it given how titanium fucking solid their love appears to be. What lengths does Oswald go to on Valentines Day?

>be me
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>maybe Oswald will appear
>play the game
>Yougetnothingyoulose.png
>mfw

Attached: 45887226_740679316296747_1535917611135533056_n.jpg (308x296, 10K)

Yea Forums was made in 2006 I think. Same year Oswald was reacquired by Disney. Was there anything about that discussed in Yea Forums's early days or did he not enter people's minds until the game's concept art started showing up online?

I see Oswald as less of the material gift giver and more of the type who would put together a show and make Ortensia feel like a star again.
It's more about whatever experience he can give her than the things he can give her.

Stuffed animals eventually just collect dust somewhere and chocolates are gone in a day, but a massive romantic date will be a memory forever.
So stage performances, songs he writes himself, taking her out for a wild night on the town, things like that.

"Unforgettable" should be the key word here.

>Is there any other way to revive Oswald now that we're never going to see another Epic Mickey game?
Make him a major side character in Ducktales.

You differentiate him from Mickey while simultaneously giving him some exposure in an environment where he doesn't have to compete with other characters with similar designs.

silent cartoons

you'd think there would be more GIFs

Attached: feeling-weird-3.gif (318x240, 335K)

You know he goes to the most extreme lengths and effort to impress his wife on that day with the most romantic stuff he can come up with
The sex also had to be extremely kinky and hardcore to make it memorable to them given they fuck every night

Maybe KH4. That or they add him in KH3 Final Mix since apparently it was basically confirmed DLC. Would be cool if he acted as KH3's Disney side ultra boss like Julius was in DDD since Mysterious Tower will probably be added in it

>Sora and gang stumble upon area they shouldn't or probably area you unlock after getting certain amount of Mickey Emblems
>Oswald sensing strong hearts wants to get at em
>Cue ludicrous fight with Oswald speed blitzing the fuck out of you

youtube.com/watch?v=fLostG9R6eY

Attached: Oswald Kingdom Hearts armor.jpg (900x685, 84K)

>Mickey and Oswald are playing backgammon or some normal human shit
>Sora or Xehanort or whoever shows up
>"Mickey! You have united with your keyblade brother! With your combined tsundere, you can hikkomori the dokidoki!"
>Oswald flips the table
>"NOPE NOPE NOPE. I'm not getting into Smash by being in a Square-Enix game. Get out of here and don't come back until you have a cute side-scroller I can rubber-hose my way through."
>the entire kingdom hearts kingdom loses all its unagi and Max Headroom gets deleted or whatever the fuck those guys are trying to prevent.
>nothing of value was lost

Attached: oswald usa shirt.jpg (612x612, 68K)

Would that also result in him just constantly snarking or whatever that's called?

"I know I can act bitter sometimes, but the truth is, they treated me pretty well at Universal. I did lots of cartoons with them, even if they did change my look and voice a bit too often. If I'm going to be angry at anyone, it's that jerk Woody Woodpecker. But he didn't last either, so who cares? Life goes on. Even you had to make room for Donald and Goofy, right? And all of us had to make room for roll after roll of Hanna-Barbera's televised toilet paper. That's just how time works. Just because we recover from injuries and don't age, that doesn't make us immortal."

Attached: oswald mickey goofy donald.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Kind of like those behind the spotlight stories.

>Oswald: "Don't ever talk to me about hearts."

>Be an alternate universe
>Lantz gets his hands on Oswald
>Instead of redesigning him like the autist he is he modernizes Oswald's original look
>With some effort Oswald gets a revival
>Manages to become the second most popular character at Universal after Woody
>Reruns of his shorts get played in various countries on TV
>Disney never gets the chance to get him back
>His fandom isn't based on his original Disney shorts nor how he got screwed over
>Threads on Yea Forums are all asking why the fuck Oswald is so popular in Brazil

Attached: image.jpg (1296x991, 141K)

Easy fix, make him scrooge's favorite mechanic. Have him be buddy buddy with launchpad since he brings in business from Scrooge daily

Attached: 8742067085_0bd9e367a9_b.jpg (1024x683, 443K)

>be an alternate universe
>Winkler fails to screw over Disney
>Mickey Mouse never exists
>Disney is kept on a short leash and can't make the leap to feature-length animation
>no Snow White, no Sleeping Beauty, no Bambi, no Alice in Wonderland.
>animation remains short form
>then Hanna-Barbera happens, puts out their cheap shit on TV through the 50s and 60s
>The first feature-length animated film to see commercial success is a Scooby Doo movie
>Universal remembers that Oswald mascot they have
>Oswald gets a feature-length movie in the late 1970s
>it's a blaxploitation pimp crime drama with the hottest R&B soundtrack imaginable

I though it was the parody of zootopia abortion

>the new Mickey Shorts are very popular

Attached: me_online_irl.webm (716x540, 655K)

He'd make a fun Tron

Attached: Oswald Tron.jpg (718x404, 34K)

Attached: Oh what a Knight.png (240x240, 91K)

What makes you say it's false?

Im loving the idea Oswald might just be a mechanic or engineer.
They did toy around that in Epic Mickey 2 but I would kind of want them to expand on it if they did start using him more.

This sounds dumb until you realize they've long wanted Mickey but can't get him in there, making Oswald a great alternative
They want to get many of the similar characters in that show so I almost expect it at some point

He worked with a mechanical cow, did his own airplane repairs, ran a trolley, and was in construction.
Oswald knows some engineering.

also a mechanical horse in "Ozzie of the Mounted".

lots of contraptions in Oswald cartoons. even the school bus in Oh Teacher was a weird double decker. i hope they keep that in any reboot

I think Oswald always wanted to be ahead of times.

Just imagine Oswald discovering the world of giant pilotable robots.

He can be like a badass Tails who's not a pussy nor a nerd
Dude has been an expert at that stuff for just about his entire history, it makes sense to implement and there's plenty of ways to do it

Attached: oswald-do-title.jpg (400x300, 49K)

he did an ocean hop in a plane he made out of a Dachshund.

in fact, that Dachshund was a pretty good recurring character; I hope he makes it into any reboot also.

Attached: dachshund.jpg (720x525, 124K)

Dachshund could be like a parallel to Pluto. An old, gentle dog compared to Pluto’s energetic nature.

I saw a template for this somewhere online, do you by any chance have it?

>Oswald gets one of those toy drones to amuse the kids
>It's one of the ones with a ball cage around it so it can crash into things and stay airborne
>It has a built in camera that sends the video feed to the laptop/smartphone/wrist watch/pizza tracking shoes/whatever so you can pilot it in mostly real time
>At first the kids are amused and pilot it to follow their dad everywhere
>At first Oswald loves the idea of being on camera all the time
>But after so many hours it starts to wear him down since he can't help but put on a show while the drone is watching him
>Tries to call it quits, but the drone follows him into the house, into the bathroom even
>Decides to pull out his more dangerous material to try to get the drone to crash while it follows him through some sort of insane gauntlet
>Finally ends with Ortensia taking the exhausted Oswald inside and just letting him rest
>Kids are bored with this and go find some other target
>Ends with the drone popping up and scaring the bejesus out of Mickey while he's in the tub
>Oswald laughs at the video feed alongside his kids

what holy terror am i unleashing upon my favorite rabbit by sharing this on Yea Forums

Attached: oswald-title-card.jpg (400x300, 46K)

beucase Kojima doesn't drag down classic disney properties into HIS nonsesne anime bullshit

Attached: when broly.jpg (400x300, 70K)

bam

Attached: ref.jpg (400x300, 74K)

>Oswald takes the kids to the movies

>Oswald and Ortensia try to have a night to themselves, but the kids won't stay in bed

>Oswald finds out he's popular in Japan so decides to see what Toon are like in the land of the rising sun
>Oswald jr #341 is a huge fan of them and asks his dad if he wants to go see Broly
>Oswald says sure
>Cut to him looking confused as guys are shooting death beams at each other and loosing more clothes as the fight goes on

It should be Oswald and Ortensia try to have a night to themselves and go to a carnival only to have the kids sneak along and tie up all the actual workers and wear disguises to replace them all ending with Oswald and Ortensia going through a haunted house full of the kids (for the whole night of fright bit).

Maybe have the kids perform grim grinning ghosts during the chase?

Attached: ruh roh.jpg (400x300, 72K)

>"Is this supposed to be sexy? I don't see the big deal, I never had to deal with a shirt."

>"We are Gogeta"
>"Well finally someone introduces themselves, nice ta meet yo-"
>Oswald jr #341 jabs him in the side
>"shh, dad they can't hear you."

YES

BRILLIANT

It's not about the ridiculousness, it's everything else.
From Nomura's terrible dialogue, bad to flat characterization, terrible very improvised plotpoints, and to add insult to injury his dialogue doesn't improve by the voice acting which is awful and everyone seems like they're half-asleep.

Kojima comments on politics surprisingly well considering it's a videogame about mechs and other weird shit. And most of the time, when he has a good co-writer, delivers really damn good stories backed by good acting.

I haven't really figured out what Roadster Racers does that's exactly educational. Anyway, doesn't matter, no one has their characteristics anyway

Oswald as a folk music star.

Did he have a banjo in the cartoons or somethin'

Attached: oswald_sketch_by_nintenfreak_dczyr31-fullview.jpg (1280x1707, 253K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oaenczorzGk&index=9&list=PLz4s2S1QMth0LYkfOwHnT5NrrUqLZ4RJ9
2:03

Attached: oswald_cell_ornament.jpg (602x261, 38K)

japan likes him so it's a matter of time

I would probably say yes, because the VIP event in France had the dance members sing the Lantz’s theme song for Oswald
>Lucky rabbit, that lucky Oswald Rabbit.
>Nicest rabbit that you ever knew.
That one. Meaning that when Disney bought Oswald back, they literally claimed everything Oswald from Universal.

>420 kids in a trench-coat
>Oswald: Gee wiz mister, you sure are tall

>420 kids in a trench-coat
Yea Forums is honestly full of fantastic ideas

Attached: 1524751851431.gif (240x257, 673K)

Felix is public domain, not owned by anyone. So is Oswald and Mickey, incidentally, but good luck doing anything with that without being sued by Disney

not quite. Notoriously, Congress extended copyright terms every time Steamboat Willie came close to expiring. Works from 1923 expired in 1998, but the Sonny Bono Act passed that year actually reclaimed them nine months later, and those works didn't expire again until January 1 of this year. And yes, this fucked over a lot of people, but the law was upheld by the Supreme Court (Eldrich v Ashcroft). If there are no further extensions, Steamboat Willie expires on January 1, 2024.

however, Oswald's 1927 films' copyrights were not renewed in 1955, so at the very least, Trolley Troubles now belongs to the people. But people with film collections from the 1920s had little incentive to preserve their work, since film that old was often on the brink of disintegration even in 1998, so it was expensive and time-consuming. Why go through all that trouble if you're not allowed to do anything what you've found, for fear that it might turn out to be owned by Disney or Universal or some other massive lawyer farm? So all that stuff had an extra 20 years to rot in the canister, because none of these copyright extension bills gave copyright holders any obligation to preserve their own works.

Also, trademarks last as long as the company can defend them.

>3 of the rabbits get into a trenchcoat for fun and people walking by mistake them for an adult
>One of the other 417 rabbits does the math - "3 rabbits = adult, therefore more rabbits = more adult"

Even better, make him Mick's Nobody
Technically the Nobodies are like brothers to normal people amirite?

That's the thing though. Copyright notice's written wrong on Steamboat Willie. Mickey was never copyrighted in the first place.

Wait, seriously? Roger, a FAN of Oswald?
Are we talking about the same Roger? Cuz, I dunno, Oswald seems a little bit more...serious?

Rival Romeos has the best ending.
both the Nice Guy and Rich Chad strategies fail, they realize they are both worthless, as the "don't be a dick" strategy wins

back in the day, even Mickey and Oswald weren't guaranteed to get the girl. The universe does not owe you a mate.

Attached: fight-club-1927-a.gif (465x320, 218K)

Even better if he becomes this game's Sans with a high cap level of difficulty that kills in 1 shot

even if true, "Mickey was never copyrighted" is a different claim altogether. surely the copyright notice was written correctly in some subsequent cartoon.

That outfit was KINO I tell you, K I N O

>Oswald and Ortensia are in trouble
>All 420 kids band together and form a giant rabbit like pic related

Attached: FD03D517-2E29-4381-B466-F912F27D22E0.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Yes, but what matters is the debut. If later cartoons had the right copyright, all it means is those cartoons and their material are copyrighted, but the original cartoon and the characters in it are public domain. It's how stuff like Night of the Living Dead fell into the public domain.

Ortensia's dad comes to visit and he's somehow better at keeping the kids under control.
Turns out he's just bribing them and when he runs out of treats he's subject to the same chaos as everyone else.

Interesting. Though they still probably won't reference that much from that era.

You gotta pay homage to the makers of the game. Oswald invented many of the tricks of the trade.
-Ignoring gravity until you look down.
-Detachable parts
-Grabbing things from thought bubbles

Oswald either invented, pioneered, or made these things staples of toon logic.

I image the theme song being used as the theme for his show if there is one. Most likely get the person that sung the Ducktales 2017 theme.

You don't think it'd be remixed to be faster paced?

Starts off old-timey and slow till it starts to speed up into being fast-paced with modern instruments.

He proceeds to get a heart throughout the journey

>140 adults in trench coats following Oswald and Ortensia
>they increasingly get paranoid over this thinking it’s just another pack of Mickey’s Disney agents following them for mundane shit
Top kek

Where did they get that many trench coats? Is there a Trench Coat World depot?

>Box in the attic from Oswald's short lived detective agency

How would there be 140?

Oswald goes all in on anything he sets out to do.

Modern instruments... like, synthesizers or what?

>until she remarried Ortensia
Hot.
Wait.
>remarried
Hotter.

Imagine how many copies of any given outfit a toon must have, given the wear and tear they put them through.

For the record, when I posted that pic, I was trying to convey only the highest level of respect for both Kojima's and Nomura's nonsense, which are equally excellent and delightful.

>My parents are dead!

The kids are, by accident, making sure no one bothers their parents on their date night.

Charlie Chaplin was know to have a shitton of copies of his little tramp suit and even more bowler hats, just in case.

It makes me honestly happy that literally a couple vague rumors was all it took for you guys to get so hyped as to start dreaming up different scenarios like this.
Even if the cartoon ends up not even being real, this is fucking pure and I love all of you.

Most people on here want Oswald to get something.
Everyone loves an underdog story, and Oswald is the biggest underdog of them all when it comes to disney stuff.

I think there's just a strong fanbase for Oswald here seeing how he was in the news when this board was made.

It's also fun trying to see what could work using him.

We love you too user.

Attached: tumblr_owas6yNHMm1rsp5vlo1_400[1].gif (268x200, 1.99M)

Do the Mickey shorts team just hate Oswald or something?

Attached: CgFmLkJUsAA1W4K[1].jpg (600x422, 63K)

Cause they seem to enjoy shitting on him.

Attached: DDL3MC9WAAAUEEe[1].jpg (1084x665, 196K)

I'm sure they've wanted to use him for several things but they're just not allowed to. There's no way all of these inspired people would come together and not have a single one among them who wants any Oswald content.

they're poking fun, but they probably want an Oswald cartoon more than anyone. If they hated Oswald then they wouldn't bother talking about him at all

I see it more as a criticism of Oswald's misuse then hating him
Then again, they can easily give him a bigger role

>First it's 3 really really big adults in trench coats following Oswald and Ortensia
>Then they realise they can't fit into any of the buildings, bandstands etc
>Cue 140 adults trying really hard not to be conspicuous and acting 'adult' (doing taxes, reading newspapers on the sofa), but also getting distracted by things appealing to kids like sweets

All the kids realize that while in trench coat mode, they are tall enough to go on the rides.

and then the kids fucking died, the end

Nah, they're fine, they can just put themselves back together.

420 torsos and heads with 840 ears, legs, and arms scattered around the ground beneath a roller coaster.

Rock is what I meant

Oswald Jr 411 telling Oswald Jr 137 that those are his ears.
Etc. etc. etc.

>Oswald and Ortensia walking past some adults in trench coats
>"See Ortensia I told you it would catch on!"
>"Yeah hunny bunny, but that doesn't mean they all have over 100 in their attic"
>"I needed to be prepared!"

All the kids realize that while in trenchcoat mode, they are too tall for some of the rides (e.g. rollercoasters that go through tunnels or loop-de-loops, vertical coasters)
The non-broken rabbits try to put the broken ones back together but end up with siblings with two left feet, legs where their feet should be etc ("Hey look, I'm Picasso"). Eventually one of the non-broken rabbits takes it too far and all the broken ones end up as a shambling, wobbling mess of body bits that teeters through the park, as the onlookers panic and take photographs. The other rabbits look on in dismay ("We're never going to find a trenchcoat big enough to cover *that*").

And that shambling horror show is what gives Oswald and Ortensia a fright when they see it.

Though that seems a bit morbid, like parents finding their kid with a busted arm with the bone sticking out.

Aw damn that's cute

I love Oz da Lucky Nigga

>Though that seems a bit morbid, like parents finding their kid with a busted arm with the bone sticking out.
Oswald is probably panicking throughout the whole picture about the kids endangering themselves while Ortensia (who spends more time nurturing and supervising them) reassures him that minor accidents and injuries and making mistakes are all part of growing up. Maybe they're at a restaurant where 3 kids pretend to be a businessman doing a deal over the phone, 3 other kids are sitting behind a newspaper with cutout eye holes, and the last 3 kids are clumsily playing a violin with four hands and writing food orders with the other two.
"Yeah, but what if they stick a finger in the plug socket, or get hit with a bowling ball, or their arms and legs fall off or something?"
"Then they'll turn into an electrified cartoon skeleton or a, a set of bowling pins. Like us cartoons always do. Like a certain bad influence I know?"
"..you didn't answer about the 'arms and legs falling off' thing."
"They can put their arms and legs back on, Oswald. Now please try to relax! It's a beautiful night, the stars are out. What's the worst that could possibly happen?"

Oswald has used his kids as bowling pins before.

Attached: 1526925247842.jpg (960x1270, 369K)

youtube.com/watch?v=puHKaxpD4MY
IMMEDIATELY starts playing

He tried being a zombie once.

Attached: 1526941054906.jpg (960x1270, 395K)

I want the show to reflect the fact that we haven't seen the character since the 30's. Mickey has been getting shorts continuously, and is constantly changing with the times. Despite people saying that these new shorts are a return to form, Steamboat Willie's Mickey would be completely out of his element. Such should be the same for Oswald, like this .
From the wikipedia article:
>Although it is no longer possible to drive US 66 uninterrupted all the way from Chicago to Los Angeles, much of the original route and alternate alignments are still drivable with careful planning.
Let's say Oswald's shop is on one of these "lost" sections of the road that he's been doing upkeep on himself, and only recently have people found it again and want to perform beautification renovations on it to reconnect it with the freeway. Now Oswald is suddenly exposed to the world again when the first couple of cars he encounters are Ferraris, Hummers, and Teslas.
Something like Sheep in the Big City without the Military Industrial Complex.

Interesting take.
I was just thinking it'd start with him already running his station and go from there with no prior build up.

There's the meta stuff with Oswald having to deal with his lost stardom and trying to come back, and then there's the actual ideas for the cartoons he'd star in if he did get a come back chance.

Any cartoons he'd be in would be like the current Mickey shorts in terms of duration, which are about the same as Oswald's original shorts, so everything would have to be to the point.

>everything would have to be to the point.
You can still do that.

>"Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in Get Your Kicks"
>Establishing shot: Pic related.
>Zoom into shop sign, named Oswald's Motor Runner, "ld" makes a little rabbit.
>Pan down to Oswald sweeping up a bit, sees a new weed has popped up in the crack where the road meets his shop's foundation.
>Pulls the weed, and sees a pebble moving slightly, puts his ear to the ground and hears the distant sound of Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay.
>Looks to the horizon, and we zoom over to find a full marching band, along with the banner "Mother Road Reunification Committee" and an Oldsmobile driving along with it.
>The parade pulls up to his shop announcing that he's been connected back to the rest of the highway, and he's surprised. He never knew he'd been disconnected.
>The parade continues down, and Oswald goes back to sweeping, when he hears an engine in the distance.
>He imagines that some new souped up cadillac is gonna pull up and give him a huge tip, but is shocked when a red ferrari spider screams in.
>The guy behind the wheel, a ferrari owner to his core he has a hat and everything, asks if he has any road maps.
>Oswald gives him one, but comments on how the guy's car is screeching up a storm, and that there might be something wrong with it.
>The guy laughs it off, saying he never lets anyone but his personal mechanic even open the hood, let alone tool around for a problem he can't see.
>He tears away, and Oswald doesn't have a moment to stop before a Humvee pulls up and asks him to top it off.
>Oswald agrees, and has the issue of this thing's tank being so big it drains his reserves.
>The guy gets upset, but then Oswald tells him the price for what he had left - at prewar rates.
>The driver is happy to get that much for so little, and Oswald goes to make a call for a refueling truck to come out.
>Oswald learns the current rates. Cut back to wide shot, the lizard scurries off.
>After Oswald calms down,
cont.

Attached: Oswald.png (500x300, 4K)

>at pre-war rates
that got a good chuckle out of me

>After Oswald calms down, another car comes puttering along.
>Oswald starts to tell the guy he's out of fuel, but he tells him he doesn't need fuel, just an outlet.
>Oswald lets him plug the car in, and the lights to his sign dim until they turn off.
>The guy thanks him, and drives on, leaving Oswald in the dark for the rest of the night.
>The next morning he decides to see where the road leads now in his tow truck, and drives past the three cars.
>Further on, he finds the Ferrari guy, the Humvee family, and Mr. Electric Car walking to reach the next town.
>They try to flag him down, but he keeps driving.
>He calls back "Sorry, I've only got enough fuel for myself!"
>He turns back around contented, and we iris out on his fuel gauge, reading Full.

For a serial with continuity going forward it would work, but for a standalone short with a duration of 5 - 10 minutes, not so much.

After typing that last part out, I feel like it's not that much of an ending. I also forgot to mention that the characters are carrying things, Ferrari has a broken fan belt, Humvee has a fuel canister, and Telsa is carrying a battery with those same cables trailing behind him.
If you guys can think of something better that more exemplifies Oswald's Lucky characteristics, be my guest. But I don't really see anything like happening.

It'd just be to establish Oswald's character being from another time in the most literal sense possible, along with the fact that he hasn't been used for so long. Everything after that would probably be him in the nearest city, getting into shenanigans with the modern world.

As far as starting points go where he's not tied to Mickey, it does the job.

But I feel like Oswald would end up in someplace crazy like Las Vegas and get into trouble at the casinos, lose his truck, win at the slots, blow all the money, then win something in a poker game like the deed to a new place like his old place and then end up selling that to fix up his old place.
He has to get bombarded with a slew of adversity while picking himself up or running away in a comedic fashion.

that's cute

That's pretty funny.
I just had another idea because the song "Uneasy Rider" just came on my radio. Maybe he could encounter a biker gang at a dive bar in another short.
Maybe the joke could be that Oswald wants to get along with them, and they don't want anything to do with him, put a twist on the whole "What are you scared of us? Well, don't be! Rufus over there wouldn't hurt a fly."
And Rufus is this gristly guy with a teardrop tattoo that he has on account of being a crybaby. The subversion is so overdone by now that playing it straight is more entertaining.
And it makes sense for Oswald to be fascinated what with him being a mechanic.

Have they ever attempted a 1940s redesign Oswald? I only ever see the same Ub Iwerks style

So basically Oswald gets into scraps in bars on old country roads and holds is own?

Like the old gag of getting tossed out the window, picking yourself, up and marching right back into the bar for round 2.

Yeah, but he sees the whole thing as good natured, while the gang want nothing to do with him. At the end the gang gives up, and he gets to look at their bikes, which he ends up fixing.

What species are the bikers?

Armadillos or Chameleons

Ringo reference?

Hell yeah

I really hope we get more songs with them.

I love Oswald and Donald just getting smashed while Ortensia isn't looking

Oh hey, is that Pete?

Yeah, that's the old Pete when he was a bear.

Oswald fought a lot of bears in his cartoons.

The new fire starter pokemon reminds me of Oswald.

I know they haven't met really at all but I love to think these two are really good friends and talk out their similar frustrations when not doing stupid shit with each other

>Donald sees the car and tries to warn Oswald by frantically press the nurse button in morse code

Have there ever been any shorts that focus on the girls together doing stuff? Minnie, Daisy... and whoever else is currently stuck in the "female counterpart" role having a girls day doing shopping, lunch, monster truck diving or whatever it is girls do together?

Do Minnie and Daisy have any chemistry together as friends like how Mickey and Donald do? How would Ortensia fit in with them?

youtube.com/watch?v=i59ce67U9Gc

Yeah, these new Mickey shorts are good. The question becomes how to differentiate Ortensia from Minnie personality wise.

And I didn't expect Clarabelle Cow to make a come back.
Does that mean Horace Horsecollar also shows up in them?

Ortensia strikes me as more feisty than Minnie. She probably would have been laid back at first in this short but once the bird continued to be a prick she would have threatened to turn him into her dinner instead

She is not afraid to show her claws

I feel like Ortensia would be a bit more sassy and tomboyish than the likes of Minnie. Not an arse like Daisy, but more like she's been hardened by the life of war (aka having to take care of 420 children plus dealing with her hubby's escapades) and she isn't afraid to deal with things herself.

Maybe she has a way to bypass people? Like she would've just grabbed the reservation listing from the bird in the first place before he could pull it away.
Moms always have a way with yanking things away from people.

The only things we have to go on for her modern characterization are her appearances in Epic Mickey 2 and the Oh my, Ortensia! FanDaze.
She comes across as a Joisey girl to me. One of those spoiled sweet girls who also knows how to put you into an inescapable arm lock.

>One of those spoiled sweet girls who also knows how to put you into an inescapable arm lock.
(sweats)

crack ship:

Roxanne was Oswald's 13th wife (2002-2004), right before he remarried Ortensia.

Attached: roxanne.jpg (210x240, 14K)

>Packing kids lunches lucy and the chocolates style but being successful
"Honey have you seen my-"
"Third drawer on the right next to your shorts!"
"Thank You!"
>Kids are lined up at the door getting a kiss good bye as they cram into the school bus.
>Oswald is last in line wearing Hot dog costume.

Like a mafia princess.

The Baker's Daughter is still a lost cartoon, so for all I know her dad is a mob boss who runs a bakery as a cover.

Oswald and Mickey both really love hotdogs for some reason.
Maybe Walt just really enjoyed a good dog?

Leaked episode titles?

Being honest, who doesn't love a good-ass fuckin hot dog?

>is still a lost cartoon
The fact that we may never recover old TV shows makes me so sad. We need to get off our asses, go into space, and catch up to their broadcasts so we can regain them all.

>They smack lips and Ortensia fixes the suit up abit for him
"I Relish our time together Hunny bunny."

user... this was from a time before television, back when you had to go to the movie theater to watch cartoons. I don't think ANY of the old Oswald cartoons were ever broadcasted because they predate broadcasting.

The reason why many of these cartoons are lost is because the film reels rotted or weren't properly stored so they deteriorated, or were discarded because no one thought that they'd be of value one day.

There's a reason why it's always a big deal when a lost cartoon from the 1920s is found because it's a fucking miracle the physical film survived to present time in a condition that is playable.

I don't know who wouldn't and I'm glad I don't know anyone who doesn't.

I mean vegans probably, and in universe probably pigs, cows, and/or chickens.

Oswald: C'mon, bro, let's go get a hot dog and catch up. I know the best place in the city.

Mickey: Weird, hotdogs are my favorite too.

Oswald: See, i knew we were brothers, and not just because the inkblot test said so.

There are, to my limited knowledge, vegan hot dogs. I cannot attest to the quality of such a foodstuff, but I assume vegans will attest to how it probably tastes similar to eatable food, as they do with all vegan products having tricked themselves into thinking they are eating food or having subjected themselves to things so much worse that it is good merely by comparison.

Now, imagine Oswald discovering such an imposter meat link.

Costco hot dogs are like a gift from heaven

conversely, a lot of the Betty Boop cartoons survive because they were copied for TV production early on. hence why all the youtube copies have a UM&M TV title card.

they have better music too

Remember Anger when he saw the """"Pizza"""" in inside out. Bow imagine that but Mickey is holding him back from beating the vendor with his detachable foot like a club.

It depends. The regular cheap veggie dogs taste like rubber, but there are some made out of apples, sage, and potatoes that don't taste like hotdogs either, but do taste really good.

Not a vegan though, just have meatless days

>have Costco membership
>have never tried the Costco hotdog
I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

I imagine him shouting "curse" world's like Captain Haddock does.

Attached: bbbb.jpg (320x357, 49K)

well, vegetarian hot dogs are literally integral to Lisa Simpson's conversion into vegetarianism, right before she met a Beatle on Apu's roof

not like us evolved gentlemen who will only eat hot dogs made with real horse anuses.

I can understand being snobby about things like tofurky, which purports to replace real food. but if you're eating processed food, might as well eat a hot dog shaped log made of lentils and pink.

At some point Mickey is just going to let Oswald go and get the beating underway.

See, I've been informed at some point or another that vegan and vegetarian are different things.
I don't know the difference though, I've just been told that there is one.

I suppose there's also tofu, but I've never eaten that, and it seems to have the same notoriety as airplane food in popular culture.

I am now imagining Oswald as the big super market grocery store looking at rows and rows of different brands of hot dogs and he has no idea what's good.

>Like a mafia princess.
This is funny to me, because in one Lantz cartoon Ortensia pulls out a fucking gun from her skirt when Pete was beating up Oswald, so her being the daughter of some undercover crime boss just works, because I’d assume Papa Whiskers had raised her with some tricks to get out of trouble.
Funnily enough, Ortensia is an Italian name, furthering the point that she could potentially be a mafia princess; secretly rich, real sweet and dainty, but will screw you over if you push her buttons enough.

But I loooove horse anus.

>I don't know the difference though, I've just been told that there is one.
Vegetarians have no problems eating honey, milk, cheese, or eggs or anything that's an animal byproduct. then again some vegans will eat oysters because they're a sustainable, low impact food, that helps shore up coastlines against hurricanes and don't feel pain because they kill their nervous systems. Others will balk at the idea because their veganism is a purity pissing contest

An entire episode of hot dog puns and innuendoes.

I could see it happening.

I honestly do not know what to make of that ideology.

Cute

>Packing kids lunches lucy and the chocolates style but being successful
>Kids are lined up at the door getting a kiss good bye as they cram into the school bus.
Do you hear the Breakfast Machine theme from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, or Raymond Scott's Powerhouse? I can't decide between the two

You're treading dangerous water... Danny Elfman makes me think of Tim Burton.

Do you think Tim Burton's involvement would be a blessing or a curse?

on the one hand, Alice in Wonderland, where a mathematician's whimsical satire of logic is turned into EPIC CGI BATTEL with too much fucking Johnny Depp even in the movie poster.

but on the other hand, Ed Wood, a film that makes a B-movie director into a sympathetic hero. and despite Johnny Depp playing a transvestite, he wears less makeup in this film than in any subsequent Burton-directed one.

>Do you think Tim Burton's involvement would be a blessing or a curse?
At this point a curse. I believe Burton's best years are well behind him

Agreed

Oswald is best for two things
Innuendos and meta references

He's a golden opportunity to celebrate old Disney stuff by having him play catch up with basically Walt's entire career.
Like a historical show.

It'd work perfectly for a new House of Mouse, it really would.

If they can't get Weller again, a good VA would be Jim Gaffigan, who also has 420 kids, Catholic. that was a reference to one of his older stand-up bits

It'd probably be the dirtiest thing he's done in years.

"Whatever Happened to Felix?"

>The episodes starts off normally with Oswald, Ortensia, and the kids doing a family film night.
>They watch some of the old Universal cartoons starring Oswald.
>They put in the next animated film reel.
>They then see an old familiar face.
>It's Felix the Cat.
>All of Oswald's kids are curious about him.
>Oswald then explains who he is.
>When they ask where he is now, even Oswald doesn't know.
>The next day, Oswald heads to work filing papers for Mickey.
>He then asks Mickey whatever happened to Felix.
>Mickey says the last heard about Felix was he tried starring in a movie and then went to Japan to try and cash in on the baby trend.
>They then both decide to look up what happened.
>They then found out he is now Jobless and in the Public Domain because his copyright expired.
>Oswald feels a bit sorry for him, but knows it's partly his fault for Walt leaving him in the dust.
>Mickey then remembers he has to renew his copyright.
>He then asks Minnie where the papers are at only to find out they are in the Disney vault.
>B plot is Mickey and Minnie accidentally getting locked in the Disney Vault.
>Meanwhile Oswald starts looking for Felix.

Attached: felix__mickey_and_oswald_by_adolfwolfed4life-d6wlmpz.png (600x484, 164K)

Felix cameos a lot in the Heathcliff newspaper comics.

And I don't think anything that happened with Felix could really be attributed to Oswald or Walt.

More realistically:
It's December 2023 and Oswald had to drag Mickey kicking and screaming into the public domain.

Mickey, and by extension Disney and the whole entertainment industry, finally make peace with the steady expiry of old works.

It'll never happen.

Do it, faggot.

We have about 135 more posts to see it happen.

We have time.

Now that I've seen these cartoons for real, I have to say...

Animaniacs wasn't that good , and didn't capture the hijinks or the pathos. They were just kids who annoyed adults.

20s > 90s forever

It seemed to me the 90s were more imitating the post-war era of cartoons rather than the pre-war era.

Max is hardly ever used in anything.
Would that lead to Oswald getting along with him?

If we're going with the mechanic thing, I would imagine Max being his apprentice at the repair shop/ the person he trusts the most to take care of the shop when he isn't around.

I don't think Oswald would be limited to just being a mechanic, he'd be doing all sorts of things.
Like piloting a blimp, entering drag races, farming, being on the PTA, digging tunnels, entering boxing matches, etc.

There's loads of things that he could be used for, but I guess Disney just doesn't want to bother since Mickey can also be used for a lot of the same stuff.

The thought of him walking into the frame in a Hotdog costume does not surprise me for some reason. Especially with Ortensia seeing this as "Oh it's Tuesday" sort of feel.

Oswald back to basics as a hotdog salesman.
Only the game has changed over the past 80 some odd years.

>Police knock on the door opening it to see Oswald and an Officer
>"Ma'am is this yours?"
"Yes yes, what happened!?"
>"He was seen in the park in this costume asking everyone if they would and I quote "Like to see his dancing weiners."

Attached: Hot dog dance.gif (245x245, 876K)

Oswald and Mickey work the same hotdog stand. Mickey spoils the weiners while Oswald spanks them when they misbehave.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 427K)

Oswald sells the entire police district hotdogs when their cafeteria is shut down by fake health inspector Mickey.

>Knock on the door again with Ortensia opening it to see Oswald and the same cop
"Again Ozzy?"
>"No no, these things are really good. Ma'am, I must say your husband has makes a good Weiner!

>"He certainly does!"
Wink at the 4th wall as the horde of kids pour back into the house.

Now I request Oswald passionately kissing Mickey to some drawfag

Nice

Oswald is about to kiss Ortensia and Mickey slips on a hotdog wrapper, so she gets shoved out of the way.

I like you

>Tragically Un-Hip
Based leaf

I love this

One thing is for sure, I'll have a lot to add to that pastebin by the time this thread is done.

You're all pretty cool

Attached: Oswald Andy Price.jpg (908x1172, 139K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JGgRkUnuVR0
can you make it past Suzanne Summers rapping?

will Minnie fix the incel with colorized clips of 1930s cartoons?

will the Elton John duet make up for everything?

Attached: totally minnie thumbnail.jpg (259x194, 12K)

i very well think they could and should bring him back with a movie

oswald was probably going to be and should be the reason why mickey didn't try to save aqua immediately

We still have like 110 posts left to go.

So
Oswald the mechanic.
Oswald with a drone.
Oswald the best kisser.
Oswald selling hotdogs.

What else can we pop out with our still ample time?
What could Oswald be used for in a plot that Mickey couldn't?

Oswald builds Mata Nui

They did give him another cameo later on

Attached: oswaldsoda.png (1280x719, 1.39M)

Well that's more positive than the others.

I assume the billboard gets destroyed.