Cartoons with interesting premises but awful payoffs

Seriously though, how do you screw up a concept that badly?

Attached: the-hollow-images-7.jpg (1618x915, 116K)

Shezow

I only watched it because the girl was voiced by Rainbow Dash

It's getting a second season,so maybe things will improve.Excluding the ending, the first season was solid.

Avatar aka literally the same quality of Korra and the film but we'll say it's good because muh nostalgia

BUt the finale kinda wrapped up everything.
What will they build up from the virus inside the girl and do the entire show in the real world?

The show was fine, but I feel like the ending ruins it.

It was basically a stupider version of "It was a dream all along."

I think that the writers will reveal that the real world segment is actually a simulation in the next season.

>it gets multiple seasons
>each finale seems to be them getting out of the rabbit hole only for the next season to reveal it's another fake

The finale being live action made it worse

I'm glad someone else thinks this show was awful. I was so into the first little bit of the first episode but then just got worse from there. Only thing keeping me watching was curiosity about what the ending twist was gonna be, but it was just shit.

A quick run down of the ending please, the way you say it sounds like the ending of Gridman

>What will they build up from the virus inside the girl and do the entire show in the real world?
>>each finale seems to be them getting out of the rabbit hole only for the next season to reveal it's another fake

I would like both of these. Virus spreading into the "real world" then ending with them waking up into bad CG.

If it were a movie, it wouldn't be so bad but as a series it felt like 80% filler. Also, making it a superpower game ruined the mystery aspect.

That show would have been better if the character actually turn into a girl. Is not like the cross dressing angle actually affected anything.

It would've been better if it had better art, animation, writing, etc. Everything about the show outside of its premise was shit. And the comic managed to be even worse.

Hearing about the ending completely destroyed any interest I had about ever watching this.

>angry faggots pissed about Korra will be bitching here forever

Attached: Camp_Lakebottom_Title_Screen.jpg (417x238, 24K)

The players figure out they're inside a game and the goal is to win, as they compete against another team. The game starts glitching out/collapsing towards the end.

Main characters win, the show revealing that they're actually people from the real world who agreed to play in a game called The Hollow, the real world audience getting to watch everything that happened in the 2D world. The main villain girl from the competing team shows signs that she's still effected by whatever cause the game to glitch out and collapse.

Attached: -.jpg (540x305, 43K)

I saw the ending differently. I had the inclination that the glitch and collapse of the game is actually how it's supposed to end when it reaches the time limit. The losing team used some kind of hack or cheat to retain their memories when they started the game, which is why they were so driven to beat out the MC's instead of all escaping together. They knew it was just a game from the get-go and therefore had no reason to cooperate for the sake of safety.

That's what I figured too, that it was just a part of the game, until they did that lame shit where the girl had the evil eyes to imply that the glitch did something.

I don't really figure how they'd have resolved it without it being some sort of game though. They were constantly set up as relatively normal amnesiac teens in some sort of trial. My only guesses throughout the show were Purgatory, Alien gameshow or we were watching tabeltop RPG in one of the players minds.

the guy on the far right looks like butch hartman

I wouldn't say awful, but the writing was more miss than hit for me

Attached: spliced.jpg (400x517, 71K)

So basically ExistenZ?

You made a spic and a woman the role models and made the white guy cowardly. Only so much bullshit before it just becomes to rediculous to watch.

That could just be an unexpected side effect of whatever she did to shield her memories

Pic related is western Bleach, also known as Steven Universe. It peaks half way through the first season, and then almost immediately enters an endless spiral of mediocrity

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1us.denofgeek.com%2Fsites%2Fdenofgeekus%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F05%2Fsteven-universe-sea (1428x761, 654K)

I really wanted to like this show, the premises was infinite with what you could do with the show but instead it was a poor man's Ed Edd and Eddie with bad humor.

Attached: p300321_b_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 311K)

>ctfl + f
>gravity
>no matches

Attached: gf.jpg (1500x2340, 760K)

the entire first season was solid overall. Then it became a massive dumpster fire. Imagine if instead of emphasizing townie episodes, they emphasized the mystical intrigue. Oh well, what could have been.

I guess there is more than one person who didnt tought thr gravity falls finally was second coming of mecha jesus

second half of this show was garbage

Attached: 91AHCFhpueL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 692K)

>get rights to beloved property
>already have stories baked in
>fails

The original designs and concepts also were pretty good. I honestly don't know how they fucked it up.

Attached: 614tTabraQL.jpg (350x500, 72K)

The first episode is pretty good, I thought the show would take place in that mysterious island with monsters and stuff like that, bun then they passed from a cryptic laboratory setting to a world filled with mynotaurs, I think that ruined the show at least for me.

Attached: IMG_4522.png (350x405, 107K)

There's a Shezow comic?

Damn, that sounds pretty stupid, I'm glad that I dropped it.

I loved these books growing up. The show was ojay but too eoidodic, they coukd have done something greater with turning the individual books into multi episode arcs

Why is Yea Forums so buttblasted about this? Was it the live action shit? Because there's worst things in it like most of the "antagonists" like Death, and his group being tired tropes, or the need for a series polish on the two main male character. The girl was surprisingly balanced, though, and was the best of them all. Rival kids were also ok, since they did their job fine.

>Was it the live action shit?
No, it was the stuff you pointed out. Literally any of the character's other theories would've been more satisfying.

Would've actually liked it if Mira was an actual witch, Adam a super-soldier, and Kai a genius tech

Oh shit, I remember that show. The finale was fucked. Peri was an interesting protagonist with a bad deuteragonist.