3. Fucking. Oscars

Goddamnit

Attached: BlackPanter.jpg (960x1440, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gVVS7gsm9N0
youtube.com/watch?v=zcev7yEPeF8
youtube.com/watch?v=Lh78P4SgZbU
fortune.com/2018/12/06/black-panther-first-superhero-movie-best-picture-drama-golden-globe-nomination/
etonline.com/black-panther-review-marvels-first-black-superhero-movie-is-more-than-just-lit-95822
hixic.com/sweetyangel/black-panther-the-first-black-superhero-movie-to-create-history-at-the-oscars
newsday.com/entertainment/movies/black-panther-1.16552223
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>visual effects to first man
all that matters, black panther shouldnt even had to be nominated for that one.

DC where are your oscars?

Attached: Black Panther at 2019 Oscars.jpg (800x600, 70K)

It wasn't.

It wasnt retard. And infinity kino was robbed

Oscars are now owned by ABS that's part of the Disney s empire

you do the math

Don't forget your tinfoil hat when you'll leave.

>0 oscars

Attached: screen-shot-2016-06-21-at-1-02-50-pm.png (807x624, 552K)

Lynch is too counter-culture for this sort of recognition, his movies scare people and Twin Peaks is a TV show so the Oscars can't consider it even if they wanted

Not that it stops anyone from admiring him, ultimately these awards are pointless

>SS wins Oscar
>"t-those aren't real ones!!!"
>BP wins Oscars
>"we won guys!!!"
It's amazing how many times MCU shills can change their minds. Have to say that out of all of those, BP only deserved the Oscar for costumes. Set production would have deserved it if the atrocious looking CGI hadn't ruined the practical effects. The Oscar soundtrack is an outright joke because the other movies were clearly superior. What a disgrace only to focus on political outroars when you should be praising movies with actual effort put into them

you mean ABC

Context matters. When SS won an Oscar fanboys tried to use it as an argument that critics and "mouse shills" were wrong about the movie's faults all along, and that the Academy were the only true patricians that realized the movie deserved recognition. Except they all conveniently ignored the award was for makeup, as if that could account for writing, editing and whatnot. I even remember anons making arguments like
>Well it's a superhero movie so adapting costumes is a very important matter, SS wins as capeshit
But again it wasn't even costumes, just makeup and hairdos

tl;dr fans tried to use the SS oscar to try redeem the movie in fields that never concerned that award, BP doesn't have that issue because it's not a cinematic travesty

Only retards were doing that. I'm a huge fan of the DCEU who enjoyed SS overall and still see the mistakes the movie made. The same problem is present on both sides of the spectrum, both MCU and DCEU. People who are unable to see the errors some of the movies have and praise them as high filmmaking are utter dimwits.

>BP doesn't have that issue
How on earth is an Oscar for best picture acceptable in your eyes? It's pretty obvious BP was only nominated for anything because of Twitter outroar and retards crying about how BP changed their lives. BP was an okay superhero movie and nowhere near a best picture. A best picture should be at least good or great in every single category. When the acting, CGI, and dialogues in your movie are bad, you shouldn't get a nomination. Disney is making this into MTV MA

I agree some nominations were exaggerated, what i meant is that most people won't feel the urge to question it's nominations or awards like they did for SS because again the movie is widely considered to be decent at minimum

I think people didn't question the nominations because people were literally calling others racist for doing so. It's literally frowned upon to put movies with black people under the same scrutiny as other movies which is inherently racist toward both black and white people. Furthermore, SS deserved the Oscar and it was only nominated for a category that was understandable. BP being nominated for best costumes is totally legit in my eyes while soundtrack and best picture is just laughable. There's a good reason why cape movies were left out of the Oscars for the longest time and this comes from someone who loves TDK

>I think people didn't question the nominations because people were literally calling others racist for doing so
Oh please

>Wonder Woman = 0
>Black Panther = 3

why does the acadamy hate women

Don't you fucking dare diss Ludwig again you piece of trash.

There are questionable nominees every year - that's how personal preferences work. I'll never understand why the last year's fishfucker movie won anything, but it clearly has its fans. Twisting yourself into pretzels because a movie you don't like gets some accolades is incredibly silly.

Weinstein's crew still controls the Academy. This is revenge for #MeToo.

Literally just meme awards.

I really liked the fishfucker movie desu. That's the one positive this pandering brings at the Oscars, it allows to give attention to movies that aren't the usual "Holocaust Biopic Tearjerk Realistic Drama #5841"

DCuck simply can't stop SEETHING

Pre-DCEU:
Heath Ledger won supporting male from Dark Knight

DCEU:
Suicide Squad won make-up award

user, the majority of movies nominated are not Best Picture material. The Favourite, Green Book and Roma were the only ones more or less worthy of a nomination, and even they're not perfect.

Picture unrelated

Marvel does it again. What other studio can compete?

get fucked, racists

Attached: 1531084152843.png (634x535, 249K)

So do people just forget about the dark night trilogy or is this really just a company shit flinging contest between the MCU and the DCEU?

The fishfucker movie was àll of that except "realistic". It won because it had oppressed women, oppressed blacks, oppressed gays and oppressed Soviet spies

They don't, but then Marvelchads remind them of Spider-Man 2.

If you care about the Oscars, you're actually retarded

its absolutely disgusting black panther was even in the nominations. Do people have such low expectations for "black" films that an incredibly plain and dull capeshit film gets a free ticket to an awards show?

Attached: images (16).jpg (554x554, 27K)

SS flopped in sales and almost bankrupt the studio though and all they had to show for it was a make up oscar. BP was an actual successful movie

Yeah but it also featured a giant magic fishman, the fact that it was considered even though it wasn't a realistic drama is a good thing

youtube.com/watch?v=gVVS7gsm9N0
>How the Music in Black Panther Tells a Story

Yes. The liberals' pet negroes are treated like children. Literally all you have to do is be black.

So trash awards give a trash movie some awards

Are you insane? Just look at social media if you need examples. That was literally the case

Don't get me wrong, his work was better than 95% of what the MCU has to offer, credit where it's due, but the other movies were superior although I have yet to watch blackkklansman

Shape of the Water was a good movie though, regardless of Del Toro's stupid identity politics bullshit. Was it the best one? Definitely debatable. On a filmmaking level, you could clearly see though that someone knew their craft. BP being nominated is like nominating McDonald's for best restaurant. Popularity shouldn't determine quality which is what Disney in particular has been trying to push for years now by means of screaming at people who don't agree

I agree with you but BP really stood out amongst all of the best pic nomination regardless of that. At the end of the day, a good movie one so there's that but now one has to endure nominations only being used to promote franchises which is just pathetic

That's the problem. The Oscars shouldn't lower the standards when there are plenty of good movies about black people that deserve nominations. it just undermines actually good movies if you include bottom-of-the barrel crap

Stop pulling shit out of your ass. SS was surprisingly successful and exceeded expectations. Not saying it deserved it but it definitely made plenty of profit

So yeah it's just a company shit flinging contest made by incels that have no merits of their own to show off.

Which categories?

Stay mad

Black Panther was a great movie.
Yeah, it wasn't "All Quiet on the Western Front", "American Psycho" or "Transformers: The Movie", but it was neat.
Maybe it wasn't worth three Oscars, but it's sure a lot of fun, and they really put a lot of effort in it. It had fun action sequences, awesome costume designs, and great characters.
Plus, They made a Black Movie without it being WeWuzKangs or Blacksploitation.
Yeah, I'm bummed that my ideal dream comic movies, like "Bratpack", "Superior Spider-Man" or "Barracuda: The Movie" didn't get made while Black Panther got a full blown million dollar flick.
But that doesn't mean that Black Panther was bad.

Congratulations to Black Panther for its Oscars wins, amusingly enough despite the film having a message about how we should work together as brothers and sisters on this Earth, this movie has become rather divisive.

Never got the argument that Black Panther shouldn’t have been nominated because The Dark Knight, Logan, Spiderman 2 etc didn’t get nominated. Why should movies from earlier years have any bearing on what gets nominated for 2018? Does someone winning a competition in 2018 become suspect because they’re not better than all the participants in each and every previous year even though the competition is limited to those competing in 2018 specifically? According to the people running the Academy Awards those movies didn’t stand out against other movies released in the same year as them, while Black Panther did. So sad day for them, they’re out of the running, at least Infinity War was released in the same year as Black Panther and so it is a viable candidate.

Though I don’t get why some people think it deserves to be nominated over Black Panther, Infinity War doesn’t even work as a movie by itself, it needs the rest of the MCU to be enjoyed and even then it’s only half of a movie. The ending is obviously not going to stick, characters that supposedly died had sequels announced like Spiderman, Black Panther and the Guardians. Hell, you can literally watch the Far from Home trailer right now before Endgame has even been released.

Thanos’ motivation is nonsensical, the Infinity Gauntlet gives him God like powers yet the only way he can think to save the world is to kill half the Universe? He was already killing half of civilizations before the snap, so after the snap those civilizations are just going to get halved even further. Not to mention the people who died indirectly because of the snap, example if a driver of some vehicle was snapped out of existences then the passengers left behind would probably be killed due to the vehicle crashing into something, we see something like this in the post end credits scene where a helicopter crashed into a building. What about doctors getting erased and leaving behind patients? Ever been inconvenienced by workers going on strike? The Universe after the snap would be pretty much like that everywhere for every profession, infrastructure would collapse. “Perfectly balanced” huh? Doesn’t seem like it.

Overpopulation isn’t even a problem, it's the uneven distribution of resources that’s the issue. Even if somehow killing half the Universe solved the resource problem, the solution is only temporary, eventually, the population will grow back to what it once was. I guess this all would be fine if Thanos is just meant to be crazy but no one in the film actually argues against him, other than saying killing people is bad! Yeah, that’s true but as stated above there are other problems with his plan. There’s a great video about this called “Obviously Thanos is Evil. He’s also Wrong.”

Also Thanos goes on and on about an how the Universe is finite and people are ruining out of resources yet I don’t think that has ever been show in any MCU movie, the only thing helping his case is some comment about Gamora’s home planet is apparently better off thanks to Thanos we don’t see this so I guess we just have to take his word for it but if he’s telling the truth that line creates a plot hole since in GoTG when Gamora is being checked into jail her bio states that she is the last of her race.

Even though Thanos is meant to be the main character he doesn’t go through a character arc and he doesn’t win because of his own merits, he wins because Starlord fucked up the plan to restrain him and because Thor took time to gloat instead of killing him right away.

Personally Thanos’ winning didn’t leave much of an impact, since it’s clear that IW is just part 1 and it lack any of the interesting characterization of his comic counterpart like his self sabotaging nature. Killmonger wins by inciting change in T'Challa’s character which leads him to undo Wakanda’s isolationism that created Killmonger and actually use his resources and power to help people, ensuring that another Killmonger isn’t created by inaction. Thanos kills a bunch of people for cheap drama, which again is clearly not permanent.

Just as much as Infinity War is helped by other MCU movies it’s also at odds with some as well, in Ragnarok Thor learnt he was more than just his hammer, in Infinity Gauntlet he gets defeated by Thanos and then goes running to find a new stronger hammer to help him beat Thanos the second time around and he does beat him somehow despite Thanos having a completed Infinity Gauntlet. In Homecoming, Spider Man was content with just being a friendly neighbourhood hero and turned down being an Avenger, this is undone in IW where Spiderman leaves Earth behind to fight some Universal level threat and becomes an Avengers.

Apart from the spectacle of seeing all these different superheroes meeting each other, I don’t see how Infinity War is that great. Some people seem to believe that Black Panther only got nominated because of virtue signalling, if that was the case then why didn’t Wonder Woman get nominated as well? Why did they pick Best Picture meaning the award goes to Kevin Feige a white guy? Surely if they were going that route the would’ve picked Best Director or Best Original Screenplay so the black people involved in its creation would get awarded. As it stands I’m confused to how giving the award for Black Panther to a white guy is virtue signalling, to be honest the fact that’s where some people’s minds immediately go to says more about how they view the film more than anything.

The Oscars are just a bunch of rich and famouspeople patting themselves on the back, I don’t get why people are getting all up in arms because a movie they didn’t like got nominated/awarded or vice versa. The Oscars aren’t the ultimate authority on what’s a good or bad movie, as long as you enjoyed the movie isn’t that all that matters? Anything else is just a nice bonus.

>original score
I guess w/e...
>production design
Actually Roma was better.
>costume design
Favourite should've won
Sadly those are 3 token Oscars.
Mahershala Ali as support role is decent pick tho.

Or you know, the movie was actually good and deserve those nomination and you simply weren't the target audience. That happens.

Cool pastas, bro.

>Black propaganda wants Best Picture
>gets token awards
Everything is normal.

It's not a pasta, search the archives if you want

Well, I am not up-to date with the American movie industry but wasn't there actually good movie made by blacks that wasn't even nominated at all?

>too stupid to provide a decent argument
>better shitpost
Way to prove your point, you pathetic moron

Earlier movies should have bearing because the jury laughed at cape movies before only to come off as huge hyporcrits now when they nominated an okayish movie and only so because it was a "black movie". You don't seem to realise how racist that is to only praise people due to their skin colour when their product just isn't even remotely as good as the other nominations

First Man deserved the best score award by far

youtube.com/watch?v=zcev7yEPeF8

wtf, the mad titan was mad all along???

>Earlier movies should have bearing
Disagree sorry

This. I fucking hate what the MCU has become but why do people expect a literal villain to act rational? He's the main villain of the franchise, yet people expect him to be a good guy? How stupid can you get?

>wtf, the mad titan was mad all along???

>I guess this all would be fine if Thanos is just meant to be crazy but no one in the film actually argues against him, other than saying killing people is bad! Yeah, that’s true but as stated above there are other problems with his plan. There’s a great video about this called “Obviously Thanos is Evil. He’s also Wrong.”

I have to add that they should only have bearing when it comes to cape movies since it's a very controversial genre. Also, if you're nominating such a movie, at least pic the best one of the year (Infinity War or Aquaman) and not a movie that comes off as a token nomination

wtf, the movie didn't spoonfeed me about the space genocidist's villainy???1?

Why would anyone try to argue against a goddamn lunatic? One would hope that "killing people is bad" is enough of an argument, what the fuck?

>Why would anyone try to argue against a goddamn lunatic?
Don’t you remember characters did argue against like Gamora and Strange, they just didn’t do a good job of it.

>that line creates a plot hole since in GoTG when Gamora is being checked into jail her bio states that she is the last of her race.
Is this true?

Attached: 5ABD850B-879B-4DB2-8CB8-42A8798A0C6A.jpg (1604x1024, 126K)

Because those were literally the good guys. Loki, Gamora, and Quill were fucking retards, that's for sure. Nevertheless, with the good guys, you need to address why the fuck they're doing what they're doing. I agree that it's great when a villain's motivations are fleshed out which is something the MCU rarely does (which is why most of it is trash) but you don't need to use logics to explain why someone is evil. Sometimes, it's enough to accept that the villain is just a smug asshole

His actions still make more sense than Killmonger trying to start of global race war

How so? Killmonger was literally the result of American propaganda and media influence. He's the fucking liberal hipster of the MCU who just happened to gobble up the shit black Americans have been whining about for decades

Not really and atleast Killmongers actions were called out as being destructive to everyone involved, it also points how he was becoming like the people he hates so much.

Thanos kept being portrayed as the villain with a point, hence the Thanos was right memes

Love watching people get triggered over BP success

Fuck off, nigger.

Late to the party DC started 11 years ago.
Kek.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

Attached: 1551096645265.jpg (737x747, 212K)

I wouldn't say he was being portrayed as a villain with a point but I understand why you might have thought he would because they didn't take the time to integrate more dialogues into the movie.

I think that's where IW kind of falls apart because the focus is far more on the action aspect and quips instead of fleshing out all motivations through dialogues. On the other hand, literally showing the gruesomeness by showing Gamora's race being killed off is arguably explanation enough why he as a villain doesn't have a point. He's devoid of humanity, ergo he's bad. I think that's the point they were trying to make

>it also points how he was becoming like the people he hates so much.
He was already worse than those people.

Racism =/= Murder

Nobody wants to fuck them

It has blacks in it. It's obvious why it won.

DC (5)

Batman - Best Production Design

Superman - Special Achievement

Dark Knight - Supporting Actor, Sound Editing

Suicide Squad - Makeup and Hairstyling

Marvel (5)

Spider-Man - Visual Effects

Black Panther - Costume, Production, Original Score

Spider-Verse - Animated Feature

Congratulations, you're literally an edgy neckbearded retard

Only for BP fantards to rage at the Oscars because a different movie starring a black guy won the Oscars.

See also: Moviebob.

SEETHING

Recall that he hated corrupt African warlords too, so murder was part of it. Of course, he then completely undermined his point by turning into a crazy African warlord the moment he gained any power.

I saw plenty of reviews saying that Killmonger was in the right

IW was Transformers tier anyway, it’s only good for the fight scenes and laughs.

The whole movie's moral was fucked
>we should use wakandan tech to make the world better
>exclusively give that tech to fucking ghetto trash and nobody else

>caring about awards shows

Justice League had Cyborg, maybe they should've qualified for an Oscar too user!

heh very true

Attached: 1538648260026.jpg (550x550, 32K)

its true, jl is kińó on next level made by autheur snyder (look up at justice league: snydercut extended collectors edition)

It wasn’t, IW lost as it should have

>exclusively give that tech to fucking ghetto trash and nobody else
lol what, T'Challa clearly says the one in Kilmonger's old ghetto will only be the first of many aid centers

Don’t bother clearly that shitposter has no interest in a real discussion

Marvel has also the man in black oscar

>fanboy seething

This

i prefer to see chadwick boseman as HEEEEEYYYYYY HIT ME! James Brown
>youtube.com/watch?v=Lh78P4SgZbU

Last time i saw this shit people thought for months that Jamie Foxx was literally Mantling Ray charles

Stay mad

BEND.

THE.

KNEE.

>Marvel advertises movie as "THE FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO"
>SJW news outlets report on it to further their liberal agenda, even though they know it's an obvious lie.
>Ignorant Judges believe it, give them an oscar for progressivism even though they haven't actually watched most of the nominees.
>Studio gets more money because their movies win Oscars
>The cycle repeats

Attached: 1462171652064.png (189x333, 50K)

>The Oscar soundtrack is an outright joke
Black panthers score was great get some taste

>>Marvel advertises movie as "THE FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO"
Where?

Shut up and enjoy "THE FIRST FEMALE SUPERHERO" movie coming out on March

Attached: 1381117419658.png (450x450, 285K)

In his triggered mind, also BP is the first black super hero in the comics

Cope

RENT

FREE

yikes

Don't be fucking dense

fortune.com/2018/12/06/black-panther-first-superhero-movie-best-picture-drama-golden-globe-nomination/
etonline.com/black-panther-review-marvels-first-black-superhero-movie-is-more-than-just-lit-95822
hixic.com/sweetyangel/black-panther-the-first-black-superhero-movie-to-create-history-at-the-oscars
newsday.com/entertainment/movies/black-panther-1.16552223

You want some more results from the first fuckin page of google ya newfag fuckin fell-off-the-turnip-truck-yesterday motherfucker?

Attached: batman really.jpg (206x220, 11K)

CHADS OF COMICS AND MOVIES

This is your mind in /tvpol/ shitposting, ladies and gentlemen.
You lose your fucking braincells.

Attached: 1540297793360.png (693x715, 617K)

>marvel advertises
>posts news outlets
Wow

>black-panther-first-superhero-movie-best-picture-drama-golden-globe-nomination/
I mean this is true and it hasn’t nothing to with being the first black super hero

y-you understand Disney b-brought out the media!!

>you simply weren't the target audience.
Claiming a billion dollar film screened world wide has a select target audience that's quite some self delusion there.

Because we didn't just have a whole big thing about news outlets taking kickbacks to stealth advertise in the opinion page. Involving some of those exact outlets. And of course since the FCC made that explicitly illegal, that totally stopped EVERYONE from ever doing it. Because PR doesn't exist.

Fucking marvelfags. I bet you defended Ghostbusters 2016 too.

Attached: 1498853278741.png (1166x1077, 716K)

Ok let's take a look

>Black Panther Makes History as First Superhero Movie *to Nab Golden Globe Best Drama Nomination*
>*Marvel's* First Black Superhero Movie Is More Than Just Lit (as in clearly referring to the MCU)
>Black Panther: The First Black Superhero Movie *To Create History At The Oscars*
The last site isn't available in my region for whatever reason

Did you just google "Black Panther first" without even bothering to read the freaking title of the articles you ended up posting?

Attached: 1490230999620.jpg (203x240, 12K)

Seek help dude

>3 meme Oscar's that noone cares about

Production Design and Original Score are legit oscars

Of course that's what I fucking did you moron. Do you not understand the implication of repeating the phrase "First black superhero" over and over and over with different qualifiers? Are you literally fucking autistic? Do you honestly believe it won anything on its own merits and not just because it had a black main character?

s+e+e+t+h+h+i+n+g

>Of course that's what I fucking did you moron
He even admits it, what a brainlet, holy shit

Best picture, best animated feature, and best actor are the only ones I care about even a little bit. And even those I dont really

When you visited the first page of google did yoiu not also see the dozens of other articles saying "Black Panther is NOT the first black superhero"? Why do you think that is? Why do you think there is such a strong impression that he IS, that it requires people to write columns saying he's NOT?

Use your fucking brain mr big brain man.

Do you really think any movie is made for everyone? Just because the target audience isn't everyone under the sun doesn't mean it's not there

Attached: 272d3f1985fbb13fd8701390fa2c8723--eyes.jpg (640x628, 40K)

Jesus Christ

Attached: You.webm (880x495, 1.02M)

Green book, tho.

SEETHING

There's a lot more to movies than the lead character having a meaty role that allows him to show off more than his competition

>Do you not understand the implication of repeating the phrase "First black superhero" over and over and over with different qualifiers?
Are you being unable to read? These words aren't isolated and have a context. If it's prefaced as "Marvel's" then it's clearly about the MCU. If it says "to Nab Golden Globe Best Drama Nomination" they clearly mean the first AMONG OTHERS to achieve that. And if it says "To Create History At The Oscars" is because fucking Blade, Steel and Blankman never would've got even half the attention BP had in general Awards.

Context is everything, and to this day it's funny how people keep pretending BP didn't deserve ANY of the attention it got after amassing several accolades in other ceremonies.

>Yea Forums
>on Yea Forums
get out

Context is meaningless when the same phrase appears in EVERY context.

This is the same situation as giving Obama the Nobel peace prize for being black. Except they couldn't even get Black Panther any of the good categories because it was so thoroughly average.

Agin, read the damn headlines (might as well read the damn article and not parrot the /tvpol/ bs that you've been fed).
They say it's the FIRST BLACK SUPERHERO MOVIE TO BE AT THE OSCARS.
You fucking retard, if you are mad that Blade wasn't there, I can sorta agree with you, but saying media is saying BP is TotallyTheFirstBlackSuperMovieguise is not only retarded, but also shows the lack of balls you have thinking the media has a bias against you.

user, it's a reaction image.
Are you really THAT new?

Attached: Did I just.jpg (263x207, 44K)

>Context is meaningless when the same phrase appears in EVERY context.
Yeah imagine that, Black Panther gets called a superhero movie, what are the chances?

That reads more like her...tribe?

DID YOU LITERALLY FALL OFF THE TURNIP TRUCK YESTERDAY

Did you JUST miss the last two months of Captain Marvel fishing for SJW points in the exact same manner? How fucking new are you to this, really?

>What a disgrace only to focus on political outroars when you should be praising movies with actual effort put into them
We're talking about Oscars where the term Oscar-bait has existed for decades and the judges openly hate animation yet insist on having a shitty awards for them anyway.

>The Oscars are just a bunch of rich and famouspeople patting themselves on the back, I don’t get why people are getting all up in arms because a movie they didn’t like got nominated/awarded or vice versa. The Oscars aren’t the ultimate authority on what’s a good or bad movie, as long as you enjoyed the movie isn’t that all that matters? Anything else is just a nice bonus.
Exactly

See this is why I don't care when Tony Stark gets replaced by a black girl. You motherfuckers keep saying "If they just made an original character it'd be fine" and then when an original black character exists and is successful you immediately bust out the excuses for why it doesn't count.

No, that's been again mostly people saying Captain Marvel is going to be the first MCU female movie.

Yeah, you seem to have lost your marbles here, dude.

Attached: 1533734352898.png (450x370, 240K)

Even if that were true it would still go against what Thanos said

Oh no, we noticed your efforts to actively get triggered again and again at the most meaningless shit, don't you worry about that. Faggot

Attached: 23DD7051A0344B42A518247CB238F192.jpg (203x220, 19K)

Well...I mean the planet is better off without people.

Do you really think the moviegoing public is paying any attention to shit like "First black gay jew transgender from marvel to climb mount everest"? They fucking aren't. This isn't about being factually accurate, this is about advertising. People see the word "First" and they assume it actually means the fucking first. If you weren't autistic you might actually understand how advertising works and why so many people actually DID think that it was, in fact, the first black superhero movie.

God I love watching /pol/ throw a fit, can’t wait for Captain Marvel to make bank

You're the one being autistic and ignoring that, whether you like it or not, people absolutely do care about the MCU's firsts

Based and DCpilled

I'm honestly glad that BP was successful, but I fucking hate how overhyped it was for no other reason other than the color of the skin of most of its cast.

The only people who care about MCU firsts are the same fuckers who threw a shitfit over Iron Fist being white.

This

>Ignorant Judges believe it, give them an oscar for progressivism even though they haven't actually watched most of the nominees.
And what Oscar is that? Because its production/costume Oscars were entirely deserved, while the Best Score is arguable but no worse than a number of other winners.

Counts for what, exactly? We want people to stop mutilating classic characters, we don't give a shit one way or the other what you make on your own. Normal people don't keep a spreadsheet of superhero races, genders, and sexualities to say "Oh, the blacks have 12% more superheroes than proportional allocation would allow them based on 2012 US census data"

>"it will flop because niggers don't have money and white people are sick of identity politics"
>"it was a hit only because black people saw it a hundred times and white guilty"

Whether it was deserved or not doesn't change the fact that many Oscar judges do not actually watch all the nominees for many of the lesser categories. "Best animated film" in particular is notorious for that shit. What I believe happened is the judges looked at the trailers, said "fuck it let's give it to the black guy so we don't look racist", and called it a day, because the Oscars have a fairly long history of doing exactly that.

Why the success doesn't count retard.
It's always a fucking liberal conspiracy whenever something other than the same white franchsies are on top.

Nice headcanon user

Wish it won Best Picture for maximum butthurt, but this will do I guess

Attached: 597598F9-4095-40BA-BFC5-0554DED3611A.jpg (2216x2588, 1.03M)

Box office sales are the only indicator of success. Awards shows are meaningless propaganda pieces and have been for decades.

>Box office sales are the only indicator of success.
It made over a billion dollars.

Good for it. Awards shows are still a scam.

you forgot superman got a oscar and batman got two

>dog asks for a steak
>is given a bone
>people celebrate

They could just say that Thanos wiping out half a planet isn't actually beneficial to the life there and they died off because they couldn't support their civilization. Isn't Drax the last of his kind as well?

Thanos's motivation makes absolutely no fucking sense on any level. Even on its face it's absolute nonsense, actually thinking about it only makes it worse.

>Going to bed hungry. Scrounging for scraps. Your planet was on the brink of collapse. I was the one who stopped that. You know what’s happened since then? The children born have known nothing but full bellies and clear skies. It’s a paradise.

So Thanos was lying?

They should have stuck to Thanos wanting to fuck Death, his first appearance in the MCU doesn’t fit with this version of him.

He sat in a chair for nine years. I doubt he's ever went back and checked.

So you're angry that the right movie won because some judges might've judged a movie without seeing it. You realize that if "the Oscars have a fairly long history of doing exactly that" as you claim, the same would apply to every single winner ever? Why are you mad about BP specifically then?

No I'm not angry about anything other than you dense fucks trying to defend the integrity of the Oscars of all things because a movie you like won as though we weren't all shitting on them when Frozen cleaned house.

See my original post: This is a cycle that works. It has worked for decades, and it's been known since before most of you were born. And not just in the Oscars, but in all awards shows. If your movie is "progressive" it massively increases your odds of winning and the judges won't check to see if it actually IS because they don't actually care. You win an award, the studio gives you carte blanch to make another movie. Depending on how much money you want you either make the movie you ACTUALLY want to make, or you make another cash cow.

Thanos clearly lives in complete delusion.

Why didn’t Gamora deny it then?

That isn’t delusion anymore its just plain retarded

>Anons claim that the movie will flop in America because it has blacks in it.
>Movie proceeds to become a massive success in America.
>Anons are shocked that a black superhero movie can possibly be good
>Anons then claim it will bomb in China because the Chinese hate blacls more than whites
>Movie becomes a massive hit with the Chinese audiences.
>ffw the next 2 weeks
>Movie has a little over $1B under it's belt
>broke records and made history
>anons are reeing all over thier mothers basements now
>A few anons claim it will never win an award because it has blacks
>Movie proceeds to win 22 fucking awards total
>Now anons claim the movie was only successful because it had blacks
>Now anons say it only won those awards because it had blacks.
No greater justice has ever been served, thank you racist faggots for making me kek everytime.

Attached: FullSizeR.jpg (640x629, 88K)

I’m a 24 year old white boi whom watches and consumes tons of “nerdy” stuff and stays pretty much completely away from social media or the radio and has cut pretty much all commercials out of his life.

I thought black Panther was ok, kinda felt like a lot of it was rehashing stuff from Thor Ragnorak, I only saw it once and that’s all I’ve wanted to see it.

Am I wrong thinking it’s just an ok movie? All /pol/ shit excluded obviously.

Ssssh no ones cares about plot holes unless it’s the TLJ

BP was good, maybe great, it had the best MCU villain (he actually had backstory and shit) and managed to have a coherent plot/story.

Visuals were nice, fighting was okay.

Ragnarok was better in salvaging Thor/Loki but Black Panther was the bigger cultural sensation.

Aside from not seeing any real parallels with Ragnarok, I'm with you. BP was a good Marvel movie, one of the better ones, but not -that- amazing.

Most of its cultural impact didn't hit you because it wasn't aimed at you, there are a lot of black nerds that have never been targeted by a big budget, AAA movie.

He must be an MCU fan

I thought it was going to get at least five, I miscalculated

They don't matter, but in the context of the delusional debate where DCfriends think they do, MCU still wins, kek

Why are people arguing if BP has a good plot or not? Are people balantly ignoring the categories it won in?

1. Custom Design - Has nothing to do with the plot
2. Original Score- Has nothing to do with the plot
3. Production design- Has nothing to do with the plot

>his movies scare people and Twin Peaks is a TV show so the Oscars can't consider it even if they wanted
When was the last time a horror movie won an award, aside from Get Out? I was gonna say Annihilation should've been considered for VFX.

You forgot Big Hero 6 and Men in Black

So about 7 for Based Marvel