Planeswalks into the DC Multiverse

>planeswalks into the DC Multiverse
How would he fare against the Justice League? Does DC even have a dragon as a major villain?

Attached: svetlin_velinov_nicol_bolas_the_arisen.0 (1).jpg (1200x800, 185K)

This sounds interesting but I don't know much about Nicol. What's his general powerset? Best feats?

His general powered is that he essentially has the best abilities of any planeswalker. So the capacity to create his own planes, the ability to negate msot forms of magic, nigh-invulnerability, etc.

His best feat is difficult to say, since he has a fuckton of shit to his name. But it would probably be back when he was an Oldwalker and merely entering a plane unrestricted would cause it to unravel just from his mere presence.

>Wants to talk about Nicol Bolas
>Posts Goblin Bolas instead

Pre-Mending Walkers are almost gods.

Post-Mending, he's just a big dragon who can teleport between worlds.

As an Oldwalker maybe. Newwalkers get pushed around by guys with shivs.

As a recently depowered Oldwalker following the Mending, Bolas literally turned Amonkhet into a twisted hell, corrupted and mindraped its gods, killed every single adult on the plane and left only easily moldable children, and just generally ruined everything forever. All whilst bleeding godhood by the second.

And even now, he's still the strongest planeswalker around, to the point where it's proven essentially impossible to significantly inconvenience him despite his vastly weakened state.

He's a male character in MtG who isn't Jace so he might as well not exist.

He'd be a high tier magic user like Nabu. The JL would beat him but there'd be some crazy schemes and a few battles between his introduction and his defeat.

I feel like this would be a JSA villain. There's something about him that I can see Alan Scott fighting.

Yawgmoth incapacitated an oldwalker with a corkscrew when he was just a normal human.

He’d give them a good fight, maybe win a few times, but Bolas’s penchant for grandstanding would be his downfall (just like it’s going to be in War of the spark. Vraska better fucking live damnit)

Of course she will. She's a woman in 2019 Magic. Ral and Dovin are fucking toast though.

Yawgmoth incapacitated a planeswalker who trusted him with a powerstone shard to the head.

I kinda doubt that Ral will die. Dovin might.

Ral gets redeemed and takes over as a good guy after Niv gets killed (because it turns out Niv is also a conniving asshole who tried to usurp the guildpact) and he learns to stop trusting dragons.

Dovin's going down hard.

k that's cool and all, but did they try casting a big fireball at him? Powerlevels haven't meant anything to Magic since like, Kahns.

No chance. Vraska will get redeemed because it gives someone a stiffy, Kaya will get redeemed since they paid out the nose for her, but Ral is getting struck by the lightning.

>What's his general powerset?
As an old walker he was an emperor of an Empire until killed by a weeb, his power enabled him to live on as a ghost and he eventually regained a physical form, battled another planeswalker who has to sacrifice his spark(source of planeswalker abilities) to protect himself from Bolas.
Later traveled to a fractured world where he planned to harness all the mana for himself to regain his oldwalker powers but was beaten by a cat who deflected the mana harnessed into a copy of Bolas. Last appearance he was on Not-Egypt where he corrupted or killed all the gods exception of 1 and "defeated" 5 planeswalkers who united to fight him
>What are his general feats?
Besides being a massive dragon, ability to create planes, mastery of 3 of mana sources/magic(Black, Blue, Red), mind reading, and assorted minions who are both planeswalkers and/or persons of some powers.

The more white-aligned Earths (Earth-0, Earth-1, Earth-2, Earth-5, Earth-17, Earth-20, Earth-30, Earth-34, Earth-36, and Earth-49) would resist Bolas strongly, and probably do a pretty good job of it since their universe favor narratives with happy endings. Bolas might be able to grind them down eventually, but it would take a long time and lots of careful planning.

The more blue-aligned Earths (Earth-4, Earth-9, Earth-14, Earth-31, Earth-35, Earth-41, Earth-45, Earth-46, Earth-48, and Earth-50) would probably be the easiest for Bolas to conquer and control. Those universe tend to reward methodical plots and schemes, which is Bolas' stock in trade.

The more black-aligned Earths (Earth-6, Earth-7 Earth-15, Earth-27, Earth-37, Earth-38, Earth-39, Earth-40, Earth-43, and Earth-44) would probably join Bolas willingly, or at least pretend to do so. The treacherous and ruthless nature of these universes means the heroes and villains who exist here would always be working to undermine Bolas behind his back, however.

The more red-aligned Earths (Earth-3, Earth-10, Earth-13, Earth-16, Earth-18, Earth-19, Earth-21, Earth-24, Earth-29, Earth-33, and Earth-42) probably wouldn't be difficult to conquer, but the chaotic and unpredictable nature of these worlds might make them difficult to keep. Bolas might be better off just planting his flag on them and then ignoring them.

The more green-aligned Earths (Earth-8, Earth-11, Earth-12, Earth-22, Earth-23, Earth-25, Earth-26, Earth-28 Earth-32, Earth-47, and Earth-50) would also resist Bolas. These Earths are some of the most slow to change, so they may actually be the most difficult to conquer. If the white-aligned Earths and the green-aligned Earths formed a coalition, they would probably be able to hold back Bolas' forces indefinitely.

Attached: MTG Multiversity Reduced.jpg (2961x2817, 1.98M)

Discards the utility belt/lasso/power ring upon entering the page.

>that entire post

Attached: 2015_11_09_ideas_grant_morrison_cover.png (531x500, 138K)

Didn't he rule over a plane as the god pharaoh and made all the other Egyptian gods his bitch?

>He's a male character in MtG who isn't Jace so he might as well not exist.
Jace is Magic Batman.

He can scramble your mind by touching you.

So he has the powers of the average Catholic priest?

No because he is Grixis and Catholic Priests are Azorius.

Blue clerics?

I mean, sure, there are some, but not a lot.

Chandra tried that. He no-sold it like she was a two-bit stripper.

Remove a little context and this post would perfectly fit into /x/

Did he plan on going to DC multiverse or did he just get there by chance?
If he planned it then he will kill everyone and everything and absorb all magic and mcguffins he can.
If he didn't then a fully rostered and experienced Justice League might be able to make him retreat, but I doubt they could kill him.

Isn't he fucked if he enters the DCU? There's no mana for him to draw on for his magic. He's just a giant lizard at that point.

the lore of this game sounds abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous.

You mean orzhov

To be fair that's a pretty accurate description of her.

In that he's soon to be overshadowed by a villainess, Batman in Harley and Jace in Vraska?

You have no idea. MtG lore has had some bonkers ass shit.

The whole "color philosophy" system that governs MTG's cosmology is some of the all time best worldbuilding I've ever seen in any fictional universe.

If Vraska/Jace doesn't happen by the end I'm going to shit myself.

Attached: 70qjbcs.png (919x869, 441K)

Attached: 1538449310360.gif (300x375, 146K)

There are so many amount of parallels in MTG and DC

Gatewatch = Justice League
Planes = Earths
Blind Eternities = The Bleed
Color pie = Emotional Spectrum
Eldrazi = Gentry

>Bolas
Forget him. Pic related walks into your Orerry and slaps your Earth-0. What do you do?
>protection from colors
>Lantern Corps are ineffective

Attached: 300px-Emrakul.jpg (300x406, 83K)

Imprison her in Earth-43's moon.

Agreed.

Attached: colour pie.png (1999x1369, 676K)

Oldwalkers would be above Dr.Manhattan.
Nuwalkers are barely consistent in writing.
for example, The Jacetice league managed to kill 2 of 3 beings of pure magic when 3 Oldwalkers could only impression them in a plane overflowing with mana.
And trapped the 3rd and strongest one into a moon.
Also Bolas a fag, Ajani a cuck, Elspeth when

Attached: ?format=1500w.jpg (724x1100, 213K)

Why isn't there a gobliverse?

Attached: krenko.jpg (265x370, 26K)

Please more poorly written women. Not like the story is overflowing with them already.

bro we get it you're sick of women

Of course I am, I used to like the MtG story. Then Wizards cucked themselves and it's shit.

What if Krenko had a spark.

Did someone say "goblins"?

Attached: Goblin Slayer MTG.jpg (520x558, 107K)

If your deck is meant to be all the spells your planeswalker can cast, does Nicol Bolas have a specific "deck" according to the lore?

He has the Arch Enemy decks

>Bolas invades DC
>Gets mana screwed, casts two shocks and concedes

However, it is slightly justified that the remaining two were weakened strongly for being trapped for so long, and the 3rd one willingly imprisoned herself because she likes to play the long game.

I don't know about Oldwalker bolas, but if going by Bolas' Planeswalker Duel and the Amonkhet HoD Starter deck mean anything, his essential plan is too go aggressive on three sides with countering spells, Discarding cards from your hand so you cant cast, then follow it up with creatures that, while weak, follow an aggro rush format.

So lets see, going by his card/deck he can
>Destroy any nonliving thing
>Destroy almost any living thing
>Mind control people forever
>Destroy peoples memories
>Convert enemies directly into life force
>Summon armies of monsters
>and planeswalk

That depends. By MtG's world rules, a plane can have mana without anyone on it knowing about it. Something like our world would be the lowest class plane since we don't/can't use magic, but it could potentially have mana, we might just not know about it or how to use it.
Something like most DC earths would be a rank above us since some people can perform magic, and by MtG rules would have mana, since it's needed for any form of magic.
So it comes down to the question of which rules would be followed in this scenario.

There's really nothing that can stop Emrakul if she actually wants to end a reality. Your only saving grace is if she comes to the conclusion that the reality she's manifested in hasn't reached its death-knell yet and chooses to imprison herself.

literally who

The Green is a deep source of green mana one would imagine.

Pretty much anything, but his specialty is mind magic.

Young Justice earth is Red-aligned? Literally everything is scheming.

DC magic is surprisingly consistent with MTG magic; besides the typical light and dark stuff there's also specifically life magic (The Green The Red), ocean and mind magic and chaos magic.

And this is the best diagram of all.

The emotional spectrum doesn't really correlate to the colours, though; after all, all emotions are Red.

Pretty much, and more.

But his true specialty is breaking minds.

Willpower is blue though.

I wouldn't call willpower an emotion. It's like saying intelligence or wisdom is an emotion.

There's some Red in it. It's just that it's overshadowed by the Light's keikakus.

>you just need to swap green and yellow "white" for it to be actual colour pie
I'm triggered

All colour get emotions, Red just allows them to take control over cold calculations.

The most important question would be: who is Superman's EDH commander?

Attached: 1478102880998.jpg (2220x3435, 2.97M)

Probably something in Bant or Jeskai. I'm thinking Zerduu

Yawgmoth erased an Oldwalker from existence by accidentally bumping into him. His power level was basically cheating.

Is it possible for a MtG animated series to work?

Yes, but only if it didn't follow the current cast being focused on.

well if the new art for her reprint is anything to go by probably around war of the spark.

i'm just glad my boy sorin got out of his wack ass stone prison.

Attached: med-GR1-elspeth-knight-errant.jpg (672x936, 184K)

>yfw she returns mere moments before Phyrexia attacks Theros

Attached: 1532642146385.jpg (388x443, 151K)

>i'm just glad my boy sorin got out of his wack ass stone prison.
hopefully he kills that other planeswalker.

judging by the art he's probably going to be the one who picks up gideon's slack and kills bolas

Attached: med-RA3-sorin-markov.jpg (672x936, 178K)

>theros gets hit by phryexia
>eldrazi & nahri ruined innistrad
>amonkeht is destroyed

why does wizards fuck up the most interesting planes?

They only really killed Yawgmoth via fucking miracle after miracle, too.

so whats the story so far. i remember Emrakul and the others where invading. whats happening now?

At least Lorwyn-Shadowmoor has been left alone, even if it means we won't be seeing it again.
I liked that it was just a self contained story of the world, with the only outside influence being the Great Aurora cause by the Mending.
I don't mind the planeswalker shenanigans, but I've always liked when we get to experience the plane for what it is, with the overall planeswalker story being more of a side story, or background story, that spans the planes.

Bolas's most dangerous feature is his intelligence and his ability to enact literally millennia-long plans. We've never seen him fail to manipulate people around like chess pieces to further his own ends.

In terms of actual powers, he is an absurdly powerful psychic. Jace, Magic's resident expert at psychic mind battles and posterboy for that style of play, has fought mental battles against Bolas twice and lost soundly both times, the first time surviving because Bolas was more concerned with who Jace was trying to protect and didnt even bother to finishing blow Jace once he folded, and the second time Jace only being saved by a dues ex machina and ending up as an amnesiac rather than a vegetable. In terms of telepathy and mind battles, Bolas is EASILY Charles Xavier tier or better and its one of his most dangerous skillsets.

As a dragon with access to red mana, he can rain down firestorms at will, make things explode on command, and just generally cause some apocalyptic damage.

And in terms of black mana, he has a wide array of killing curses, life draining effects, demon summoning and binding, and so forth.

He can perform other kinds of magic as well, but those are his preferred methods. His mastery of magic is such that he can not just analyze and understand new forms of magic he encounters pretty much immediately, but he can just open them up and edit their rules and effects on the fly. Just as an example, he could pop the hood on the Lasso of Truth and just make it do something else instead, like include a clause that it doesn't work on Nicol Bolas or that it will self destruct in sixty seconds. He can do this shit to anything made of or with magic, be it an artifact, an ongoing spell, or even a god. He famously did it to an entire pantheon of gods at once to turn them into a glorified auotmated factory for him with a built in retirement scheme.

Lilliana dragged the gatewatch around to kill her demons to get out of her pact, which goes hand in hand with the team gearing up to take on Bolas.

Bolas has, meanwhile, invested in the research of and then stolen a newly developed planar rift technology made on Kaladesh (allowing the transport of shit between planes without needing a spark), sacrificed a whole plane and its gods to get an army of super mummies with the skills and powers of the best fighters that plane has ever produced and encased in magic metal that lets them survive exposure to the space between worlds, and he has acquired an Oldswalker built artifact that makes it impossible to planeswalk off of the plane it is on (originally meant as a way to imprison Bolas himself before Bolas outmaneuvered the plan against him).

Bolas is currently provoking a civil war on Ravnica to soften things up for some plan there, and after slapping the shit out of the Gatewatch he purposely let them live so that they would rally all of Bolas's enemies to make a stand against him. So Bolas is drawing in all of his planeswalking enemies to one place, while he has an army and the means to shut off their sparks AND the ability to leave himself even with the lockdown in place.

Its obviously a giant trap, the only question is whether he just wants all of his enemies locked up, or if this plays more directly into his plans to return to his full power. I could see him having a use for a bunch of sparks he can harvest, if he has the means to do so.

Probably shooting themselves in the foot. Eventually, they'll run our of ideas and go to space.

if it leads to a spelljammers or a thor/new gods/masters of the universe inspired plane then sign me up.

He orchestrated a grand keikaku that caused a world war when a shattered plane merged together again. He absorbed the mana released from this. It was so powerful he went from being near decrepit, from the change of the nature of the spark, to being able to destroy anything he wants.
He batted around the MTG version of the justice league like yarn balls, he can scramble peoples brains just by talking to them, he has multiple planes where he is worshiped as a god, he has taken out entire planes and their pantheons, he has Batman levels of prep and plans, god like levels of magic, and has knowledge he has gathered from being one of the oldest beings in the multiverse.

Also he is a fucking dragon and the size of a small skyscraper. He could just thrash around and cause massive destruction.

I liked that set. The books were decent as well. I feel like enough time has past they could revisit it. With Maralen having replaced Oona and correcting the day/night cycle on the plane it would be interesting to see how the races came out. Would they be the average of two extremes, would they pick one of the extremes, or something completely new.

He doesn't have a spark, so he IS the commander.

Oh no! Hawk moth evilized himself again.

I knew I heard Hawk Moth's voice somewhere before. Now I can't unhear it.

>Literally gets killed when attacked by 7 squirrel tokens

Attached: file015182.jpg (600x872, 78K)

Squirrels in MtG are fucking vicious.

>Does DC even have a dragon as a major villain?

Attached: TTG_NBTS_Still_06.jpg (1200x675, 125K)

em
best boy coming through

Attached: melchior.jpg (1192x670, 63K)

Did they introduce EDH in Magic Arena?

You're a fucking idiot, Bolas.

Attached: Urza.jpg (620x462, 105K)

you Do NOT underestimate squirrels

>Urza
>calling anyone else an idiot
How laughably ironic.

So do most things.

Attached: dr doom squirrels.jpg (400x409, 53K)

this
>local planeswalker ruins everything

>mtg squirrels
>when an average bear in mtg is 2/2 for scale
Those squirrels will fuck anyone up.

Attached: mtg-Bearscape.jpg (672x936, 230K)

Mishra was a bigger idiot so that defaults to Urza being better.
Plus, Urza was what you would call an unironic chad.

Magic the Gathering cartoon series when?

Bolas is actually the one planeswalker left on the field that seems to be doing anything to make sure Phyrexia doesn't become a problem again. The moment New Phyrexia started to become a thing on Mirroden, Bolas sent his bitch-boy Tezzeret in to make sure that they didn't have a way off of the plane. He's still keeping tabs on the situation, but its not at the top of his list of priorities now that he's confirmed they are stuck there and have no means to spread to other worlds.

Bolas is evil, but he isn't stupid. If something threatens the multiverse, that means it's his problem too. Same reason he actually helped close a bunch of rifts during the mending to keep time and space from falling apart.

Granted, he helped there mostly by going around and grabbing other assholes he knew no one would miss and throwing them into the rifts so their sparks would explode and seal the fissure, but its still helping. Somebody had to make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the world, might as well be some guys he hated anyway.

When MaRo retires.

Urza was a paranoid imbecile whose only saving grace was that he was so reliable at fucking up whole planes of existence that other people could semi-reliably use him as a weapon against planes that really needed to be fucked up.

There were entire vaults of time-related tech that he sealed away so his friend Teferi couldn't access them, because Urza's kind of a dick like that, where the trick to getting past the seals was teamwork. Not because Urza was trying to teach Teferi a moral lesson, Urza was just such a raging autist that he never considered that Teferi might have friends willing to help him.

The mental image of Bolas just standing there staring at a rift, grabbing a person, and throwing them in always makes me smile.

>even in death Urza keeps fucking with people

Attached: 1539818194166.jpg (600x838, 33K)

You forget he also has literal deathtouch because hes the physical embodiment of dominarias grixis energy. Like if you touch him when he doesnt want to you fucking die. He can replicate the destructive effect of a unleashing a mini black hole om an army by swinging his tail in a circle.

Teferi was a major cunt though that redeemed himself in the end.

I suppose he has chilled out a fuckton since the oldswalker days.

There's just something about being an oldswalker that makes you a fucking monster. Like you can't see people as people, just as temporary distractions or resources.

Well they were immortal and had god like powers. It would probably be hard to connect to regular people after a while.
Hell I imagine the fact that they know the multiverse is infinite and they are on just one tiny pebble of reality would make everything seem inconsequential.

Oldwalkers were essentially literal gods. It makes sense that they were arrogant sacks of shit.

>Venser is dead
And just like that my favourite planeswalker is gone.
What the fuck, man.

He has an embarrassing speech problem.

Attached: m13-117-wit-s-end.jpg (672x936, 197K)

> the ability to negate msot forms of magic, nigh-invulnerability,
so...if superman hits him hard he would die like any gargantuan monster around?

Better die a man than live to be written by 2019 Wizards.

Earth-16 was changed from a Young Justice Earth to a celebrity culture, fashion-obessed, social media Earth.

Bolas, like any planeswalker, can cast magic at instant speed. He can literally stop and cast a spell faster than the Flash can do something, because in Magic there is no action that can happen that you cannot respond to before it resolves.

Superman goes to punch him, and Bolas turns him into a frog before the punch lands. Or dissolves him into mist. Or just teleports out of the universe and leaves.

There are almost a bunch of spells in magic that just negate damage, no matter the amount, until the end of the current combat.

Heck, if Bolas wants to be a tricky dick he can make Superman punch one of his own allies as hard as he can. Just pick off the justice league one by one by making Superman murder his friends, but without actually mind controlling him. Superman is perfectly aware and in control of his body, he just can't stop murdering his friends.

the current set is him trying to get his Oldwalker powerset back, called War of the Spark.

so him being an Oldwalker is totally on the table.

well, unless you are equipped for the job, he was OUTRIGHT killed by a Foolish Samurai Warrior, that before the final blow was struck, he did not infact fling him into the future where his Evil is LAW, but instead went with Option B and took the Meteor Hammer spell the face and died.

well she's an actual character with depth, Ral is a retard.

Vraska was never evil, she hatched a plan with Jace to remove her memories of him to fool Bolas, she's a literal sleeper agent.

Jace "in story" is nothing like Counterspell Jace, he's nothing, he's at best the guy who thinks up a hastily thought out plan that works half the time.

Jace is quite a complex character in the stories (the card sort of depict this now) he's an incredibly fractured introvert who gets thrust into retarded situations constantly.

that isn't how Planeswalkers work kid.

they can draw mana from EVERY PLANE they are attuned to, no matter where they are.

its far less retarded than the DC, since its essentially cut up into about 5 total stories that all sort of run into each other and have plotlinks to each other.

Yawgmoth and Urza run into the Weatherlight saga, which runs into the Odyssey Saga, which runs into the Mirrodin Saga, which runs into "Modern Saga".

Nothing can stop Emrakul but herself, she's the proginator for all living matter in the multiverse, so she can literally cause you to revert back to Eldrazi life simply by existing.

she doesn't even want it to happen, its just her very nature.

the Archenemy decks where he gets to do massive, broken shit for free and his heavily tilted to win against 3 other players easily.

most of the Swampthing kingdom's can translate into MTG Mana, or at least hybrid mana.

Willpower is white, blue is simply thought.

blue white is the power of the mind with the will to use it.

yes, or a mini-series or a movie.

there are clear cut "plots" of each overarching set of sets, all the way back to the beginning.

a series of movies could literally be made from Brothers War to Mirrodin and it would be its own "MCU" with how varied it would be.

Bolas has a device created by Azor (the guy who made the Azorius guild and Ravnica as awhole) that was intended to trap him on the Pirate plane, the Immortal Sun.

this traps any walker that is on the plane with it, he is using Tezeret's new ability of his internal Planar Bridge to send it to Ravnica to trap the Gatewatch and every other Walker he can find (who he mainpulated into fighting a war against him to be in one place) so he can steal all their sparks to make his spark an Oldwalker spark.

he will use his Metal Zombies from Amonkhet to make it happen, since they can also be sent with the Planar Bridge.

actually we have seen him fail, twice, and both were due to love/positive emotions.

one was with Tetsuo Umezawa who chose love over serving Bolas and it got him killed.

before that it was Ugin, who he failed to manipulate due to Ugin's good nature, and Ugin has been trying to stop him ever since.

also Jace was not saved due to Deus Ex Machina, he was saved by Ugin putting a activated trigger in his mind, that if Bolas were to ever look into his brain, he would automatically walk to Ixalan.

he cannot manipulate people who have deep love for others, its his Achilles heel, time and time again.

Urza's the biggest of them all, outsmarted by his genetic creation who also beat his nemesis when he couldn't, who was really just a swashbuckling Riker looking motherfucker who used all his intellect to be smarmy and manipultive and fuck blondes.

Its less that he can't and more that he isn't great at accounting for it. He can manipulate good people by exploiting their motivations or relationships, but since Bolas is an evil fucker he doesn't 100% "get" love and other positive emotions. So sometimes he makes bad assumptions.

all except Lord Windgrace, guy was the most chill ever.

Freyalise was slightly crazy, but still chill for being Elf Big-Boss.

he would just shut supes mind down.

love actually can break his mindcontrol

its happend 3 times.

It sounds like you have a base understanding of the flavor behind MtG and spells. If we're going off of MtG rules with its spellcasting then spells would use the stack, and as long as a spell is on the stack it can be responded to, Nicol Bolas doesn't cast spells with split second. Additionally, you're acting as if Superman or the Flash don't move at immense speeds, which would mean that they would be hard to target with any spell causing most of Bolas' spells to fizzle out. And lastly, counterspell is literally a 2 mana spell, something that Zatanna could cast without breaking a sweat.

if its oldwalker bolas then flash and co are fucked, Bolas losing his oldwalker powers beat a god of speed.

>Bolas's greatest nemesis is picture related, a 16 year old boy powered entirely by love and positive emotions who can planeswalk towhever the fuck Bolas is and beat him.. with "THAT'S THE POWER OF THE KEYBLADE.

>also not having a mind to break helps.

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 10K)

Sora would absolutely thrash Bolas, no joke, he has all of Bolas's weaknesses, "love" insane willpower, no brain, and powers Bolas would not understand.

with some coaxing, Sora shattered his universe and created another universe where the outcome to the events would happen in his favor.

I've been sayimg for years that Grant Morrison could do amazing things with mtg canon. With planeswalking and the various forms of meta-magic it's got his influence written all over it as is.

he get's too meta to the point that he goes way outside the bounds of shit.

like in his stories the individual going above and beyond with pure willpower and defeating something is outside the possibility, because the shit he writes is so meta and above that localized conflict that its meaningless.

its good but it becomes a bit much, and he constantly is trying to one-up himself

>bolas starts the mind fuck
>"actually bolas my heart is filled with the hearts of others who trusted me and im actually a heartless inhabiting my nobody."
>Bolas for the first time in millenia is confused
>roxas beats up bolas telepeathically in a cognitive secret boss realm while sora crashes disney rollar coasters into bolas' face
>Bolas uses his leyline mastery to instant cast both armageddon and damnation in a rage
>riku and sora teleport around and cut the magic spreading outward to pieces
>mickey mouse does a helmsplitter while riku and sora are still in their gay little berserker/teamwork mode

What's the best place for M:tg lore?

Uncharted Realms.

everything before that was written on actual books.

some where quite well done.

Teferi is a coward.

He could literally cause Supes mind to shut down from simply speaking to him.

The only being with greater Talk-No-Jutsu than him is probably Emrakul. And that's less "talking" and more "you are now'mrkul."

Pre-Mending Bolas wold be maor villain like Darkseid or Anti Monitor,

You seem to underestimete Superman's willpower,don't you?
His willpower is as strong as Hal Jordan,

Best analysis ever.

Attached: RCO001_1466761324.jpg (3840x2837, 2.92M)

This is his big sister that used to bully him.

Attached: svetlin-velinov-palladia-mors-the-ruiner.jpg (1112x816, 331K)

Arts so good. Too bad she was/is dogshit

She's balanced, flavour and mechanics-wise.

>yfw Gix returns from the blind eternities and pimp smacks his way to becoming the new Father of Machines

Attached: 781.jpg (621x646, 55K)

Superman has great willpower, sure. Which means jackshit against Bolas. The only points where his mental fuckery has ever been defied has been from raw love getting thrown right in his face, and that's only happened in 3 instances ever. He's thoroughly won every other mental fight otherwise.

>he doesn't know about squirrels

Attached: 1502387925329.jpg (640x640, 140K)

All of this is pretty much why I love Urza. He's an autistic force of nature just fucking up everything for everyone.

>Dedicates his entire life to destroying Yawgmoth
>When he finally gets the chance he decides to join him instead

It's pottery

Attached: 1549425832110.jpg (491x488, 28K)

To be fair, Yawgmoth was a major autist as well.

If Diana doesn't go "Murder Woman" she could give Bolas a fight desu

Dr. Fate and Bolas can engage in a battle of wits to cast one out of their respective home dimension.

Attached: DrFate.jpg (734x1110, 747K)

Top 10 most powerful planeswalkers?
>Bolas
>Ugin
>Urza
>Yogmoth
>Karn
>Sorin
>Jace
>Lilly
>Tezzeret
>Gideon

Attached: kazaam.jpg (592x841, 116K)

After the first sentence the word 'earth' literally stopped registering with my brain as a real world
but thanks for putting the work in

Yoggy isn't a planeswalker.

Venser is unironically the best nu-walker.

you forgot the main man himself.

Attached: tibalt.jpg (1280x992, 264K)

Attached: 635460209543594912.gif (490x750, 103K)

>he constantly is trying to one-up himself
Yourself yesterday is your only rival, user. Keep up the good work everyday :)

>not winning the two free turns when putting Spaghetti Monster down

Oh yea, true. Hes still one of the most powerful MTG characters, but then the list would need to include the 3 titan Eldrazi.

>Superfriends is a meta

If you go waaaaay back to like, 1993 era mtg novels, then Oldwalkers started as regular ass wizards and literally claw themselves every inch of the way into godhood. Just like your average business exec or politician doesn't get where they are by being a nice considerate person, neither do oldwalkers. As with the hyper-rich, the hyper-magical probably lean a little towards sociopathy, psychopathy and a general lack of empathy.

They had to reset the powerlevels since it was getting increasingly more difficult to write and market about more planeswalkers in the long run.

Part of me always wished they just made it explicit that the players of the card game represented the planeswalkers, and all the expansion sets were just different worlds to pilfer power from. Printing planeswalkers at all seemed like a bit of a mistake, not because they altered the game but because they altered the concept of the game.

Those first few books made being summoned to fight for a mage seem like getting abducted by aliens, honestly Whispering Woods and Arena are still 'muh mtg' to me i guess...

Think of it as calling for help.

Trans-dimensional demigod. He has access to multiple wells of magical power, immortal, can traverse planes and controls the largest pile of bullshit magical materials in MtG fiction.

His most valuable traits are his intelligence, wealth of knowledge and skill at magic. His 'feats' more or less involve the minute manipulation of large groups of people to get what he wants, with plots ranging over thousands of years. One of the most notable things he did was create the magical equivalent of a Doombot to trick his rival, and through a convoluted series of schemes, monopolize every known piece of a scarce magical alloy in the multiverse.

He's probably one of the strongest characters in the series, but prefers to use intermediaries to get shit done instead. His organization is like a pan-dimensional legion of doom.

The Flash has Super-haste.

Are the Planeswalkers you summon supposed to be like avatars of themselves that they send to lend you a hand? Or are layer planeswalkers just implied to be absurdly more powerful than canon ones?

They're shallow avatars. Jace Beleren and co. are absurdly strong in the lore, able to transplant souls and do all sorts of wacky shit.

Thank you.

This thread inspired me to create a Multiversity style map for MTG.

Attached: MTG Map Resized.png (3925x3007, 376K)

I don't like his goblin face in that picture.
He should look at least slightly draconic.

>casts vraskas contempt

He did. He faced off against all seven (or was it eight?) gods, literally obliterated every single sapient being on the entire planet above single digits of age with a thought, beat them all into the ground, brainwashed 5 to perpetuate a parody of their culture transformed into an industrialized super-zombie factory, transformed the other gods into god-zombies to be used to obliterate the plane when he was done with it, then wiped the existence of himself and the god-zombies from the minds of the brainwashed gods.

Man, the art for Hearthstone looks a tiny bit better. You can still see the house Hearthstone style though.

I miss Alara

Truly the height of irony.

So all this talk has me wanting to go back and read the books.

Are the Lorwyn and Onslaught novels just not availabe as ebooks? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

I thought Liliana was stronger than the other nuwalkers because she's an oldwalker to made a deal with demons to recover a lot of the power she lost. She should at least be above Jace

Pretty much.

>cardboard crack
Yikes.

>Granted, he helped there mostly by going around and grabbing other assholes he knew no one would miss and throwing them into the rifts so their sparks would explode and seal the fissure, but its still helping
Hehe. Source?

Poop.

Well, I guess I'll make do.