DREDD

DEAR MR. SIR JOHN WAGNER MOTHER FUCKER:

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE? YOU MOTHERFUCKERS KEEP KICKING ME IN THE DICK OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA KICK ME IN THE HEART, TOO. LAWLESS (MORE LIKE BAWWWLESS) AND DEADWORLD WERE ENOUGH AND NOW THE MAIN STRIP TOO? YOU'VE GONE SENILE YOU OLD BRITISH FUCK, DID BRIAN BOLLAND COME BACK AFTER THIRTY YEARS AND PISS IN YOUR CEREAL? YOU COCK. YOU ABSOLUTE COCK SWABBER. HAVE YOU GONE MAD?
I
AM
UPSET

Also Dredd/2000 AD thread if you want, I guess.

Attached: 1478576506193.jpg (1024x1244, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM
youtube.com/watch?v=2NsjFfdQKLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ok, I need to know what really happened.

hershey is dying

you forgot your trip judge user

After stepping down as Chief Judge, it turns out Hershey is FUCKING DYING

Attached: actual spoilers.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Settle down, Judge

ANGRY BUMP

why are you surprised? she's old and dredd will follow shortly. people get sick and die, it's normal

>dredd will follow shortly.
Not so long as Rebellion wants their pet comic to not go under.

lol
Dredd got rejuvenated

MOMMY,NO!

Rebellion Singlehandedly Killed BATTLEZONE user.
this is enough for me to force everything related to them to go bankrulpt and force them stop milking dredd Ip with games.

Killing Cop Mom will fare serious consequences

They cant get rid of Her or Anderson, Both her 3 and Dredd are the Faces of 2000AD.
Its easy to see her being somewhat "cured" or even rejuvenated as Was.

also for the love of the emperor, could someone please post a Storytime about it?

I think John Wagner is the right writer to send her off, I'm interested to see how the strip is gonna continue after the last prog.

Attached: Protect that smile for one last time.png (1272x1800, 1.26M)

She wont die...
Its easy to see her being put on a Cloned body or "magically healed"

that would be much worse than killing her I think.

and we all saw this with dredd and no on gave 2 fucks about it when he was rejuvenated

Wagner is a fair to middling writer who's greatest achievements are the deadlines he consistently meets. He doesn't deserve anything more than a pat on the back for keeping the seat warm for somebody of real talent.

Problem is she isn't even getting a blaze of glory or anything (yet), literally just 'oh BTW dredd, Hershey is dying, has been for years and its incurable lol.' Did they not learn when people got pissed at Giant Sr.'s death all those years ago?

tell me a better writer than Wagner himself to send off Judge Hershey if they are thinking on sending her off.

emma beeby

>Hershey mom
user I don't think she can't ever had kids, you know it's againts the law to judges having relationships.

Attached: jueza_chocolate.png (2400x2700, 1.08M)

It's not fair bros

Attached: 1547400418185.png (381x410, 98K)

What if she pretends to be dead so she can go on and have tons a kids

she is like 56 years old I don't think she can, user.

Attached: Summer Hershey sketch.png (1414x2000, 1.38M)

Jesus cringe

Attached: mousecuck.jpg (788x926, 92K)

She can adopt some mutant babies

judge dredd is for commie leftist fucks

alright here is the storytime
enjoy Yea Forums

Attached: 000.jpg (1988x2612, 1.76M)

Attached: 001.jpg (1988x2612, 1.87M)

Attached: 002.jpg (1988x2612, 1.67M)

Attached: 003.jpg (1988x2612, 1.83M)

Attached: 004.jpg (1988x2612, 1.23M)

Attached: 005.jpg (1988x2612, 2M)

Attached: 006.jpg (1988x2612, 1.65M)

Attached: 007.jpg (1988x2612, 1.68M)

I thought it was for fascist alt right shits.

Attached: 008.jpg (1988x2612, 1.77M)

Attached: 009.jpg (1988x2612, 1.73M)

Attached: 010.jpg (1988x2612, 1.39M)

Attached: 011.jpg (1988x2612, 1.77M)

Has Hersh been neutered in recent years anyway, she only exists to be proven wrong to make Dredd look better?

I've gotten a tad sick of Dredd, and despite all the talk of letting things come to an end they are never going to actually kill off the old man are they?

Attached: 012.jpg (1654x2173, 1.01M)

Im starting to like Judge Randy

He's literally Tankred Cop

>she only exists to be proven wrong to make Dredd look better?
Bingo. I was hoping after last week's prog that we'd maybe get a solo Hershey series at some point, an actually good one, following her globetrotting around the different cities cracking heads when necessary and seeing how other Judge systems work from the point of view of someone who started on the streets and wound up top dog in the Big Meg, something that could expand on the other cits that we've both seen a bunch of from the protags point of view (Brit Cit, Oz) and those we've seen less of (what's left of the Sov cits, Ciudad Barranquilla [although the Returners was excellent], etc).

But NOPE.

Rebellion is still anal with some of their fanbase, to the point that they even Called the Battlezone Community a bunch of toxic assholes who spit in their plates

when Rebellion outsourced both BZ98R and BZ:Combat Commander to BigBoat, and now that bigboat is gone, and due to that the community can't access the source cod to fix the game that they fucked it up, and rebellion is being a bunch of asses about it.

sorry for the late continuation I had a few things to do.
Let's continue shall we, Yea Forums?

Attached: 013.jpg (1654x2173, 938K)

Don't sweat it, appreciate the storytime.

Attached: 014.jpg (1654x2173, 1.05M)

Attached: 015.jpg (1654x2173, 812K)

Attached: 016.jpg (1654x2173, 1.14M)

Attached: 017.jpg (1654x2173, 1.13M)

Attached: 018.jpg (1988x2612, 1.47M)

Attached: 019.jpg (1988x2612, 1.25M)

Attached: 020.jpg (1988x2612, 1.49M)

Attached: 021.jpg (1988x2612, 1.86M)

Attached: 022.jpg (1988x2612, 1.77M)

Attached: 023.jpg (1988x2612, 1.54M)

last chapter for now...

Attached: 024.jpg (1654x2173, 989K)

Attached: 025.jpg (1654x2173, 1019K)

Attached: 026.jpg (1654x2173, 1.1M)

TWINS THEY WERE

great artwork by Colin MacNeil.

Attached: 027.jpg (1654x2173, 708K)

Attached: 028.jpg (1654x2173, 1.23M)

last page and the revelation :(

I hope you enjoyed the storytime Yea Forums

Attached: 029.jpg (1654x2173, 1.01M)

I enjoyed it, even if I already read it live in the progs. Just wish it didn't turn out the way it is.

???

Kek. Sometimes 2000AD's just right on the nose.

The idea of Randy killing Lawbreakers tickles me. Based Pitchford.

This entire run's been great art wise.

That's Harvey, not Randy.

I still want to see MacNeil on another Strange & Darke strip.

Oddly enough I think he'd do well with something like Sinister Dexter or Ampney Crucis

yeah his linework is much more better here than that Texas Judge cout strip from a few years ago.

you know, I need to ask this: what happened to Chief-Judge Mcgruder?

didn't she died fighting on the Cursed Earth?

Attached: hershey butt.png (1414x2000, 2.06M)

She was to be euthanised due to her dementia but Dredd took her on a last mission to the cursed earth so she could die in action instead.

She got Alzheimers and retired, there was a final story where she was going to be euthanized or something and Dredd helped her go out in a blaze of glory. If someone could storytime it it would be keen, I haven't actually read it meself.

>130 million

I've been saying for years the chaos bug killed Too Many People and that they need to soft reboot it. Just one damn panel of the judge in the hospital being told the casualty figures, that makes MC-1 an empty ghost town. I'm glad they're doing it.

Thicc

Alright then.

Attached: #1009 000.jpg (1270x1740, 490K)

Attached: #1009 001.jpg (1270x1740, 487K)

Attached: #1009 002.jpg (1278x1746, 442K)

Attached: #1009 003.jpg (1270x1740, 407K)

Attached: #1009 004.jpg (1270x1740, 454K)

Attached: #1009 005.jpg (1270x1740, 442K)

The End.

Attached: #1009 006.jpg (1270x1740, 409K)

Virgin Megastores. God I feel old now, Judge user.

See this shit, user? This is why Wagner's the right writer to send Hershey off if that's what's to happen.

The wrong writer, you mean, 'cause it's just gonna be a rehash?

RIP

What I like about how Wagner's going about it is that he always wrote Hershey as someone 100% devoted to her duty, even when she hated it. Unlike other Warrior King/Queen archetypes and especially unlike Dredd himself, she never shied away from the massive responsibility of being Chief Judge. She saw it as part of her duty as a judge to raise to the top despite having very little personal ambition, simply because the city needed it. Then, once she was there, she never moaned or whined about how she'd rather be out on the streets cracking heads. And then she was kicked out and came back in yet another hour of need and spent five-six years literally dying at her station, slowly and silently, until she was sure the city was back on its feet. And to cap it all off, she left without telling anyone about it.
Hershey is someone who has always, always put the city and her duty before her personal desires, even more than Dredd. And as heartbreaking as this is, it sounds perfectly in-character for her -- for someone who accepted her lot in life so thoroughly to just step aside once the job was done. As anti-climactic as it may be, there's a bittersweet taste to it that I can't find it in myself to refuse. It's not a blaze of glory, but a slow fade away. And it makes perfect sense for her.

Attached: Judge Dredd - Hershey by Goddard 02-1.jpg (1080x1350, 133K)

i don't get why one-hit-wonder there, just doesn't draw her like that every time

Dredd really doesn't like robots, does he?
I mean, he's got good reason too but still.

>just doesn't draw her like that every time
so Hershey with a bit butt?

It's kind of a subtle character trait, but Dredd very firmly believes that true judgement needs to come from a human mind. It's why he values judges who, on top of knowing the law, are also capable of using their human qualities to judge a situation rather than simply pass sentence. He doesn't hate robots, he hates the idea of robots being given the power to judge humans, just as he dislikes judges who only know the Law and stick to it at all times. For such an inhuman guy, he really cares about the humanity of law enforcement.

Attached: Judge Dredd - Hershey & Dredd 10.jpg (823x616, 183K)

The only reason that the law exists is to serve society and as such it becomes meaningless when applied without consideration.

>bit
what's a bit?

Nuance in Dredd is both refreshing and amusing to point out to folks that don't read this work of art.

It is really subtle considering this is Judge Dredd we are talking about. he guy would arrest you for commiting suicide.

Pretty much. Deep, deep down inside, Dredd is still very much an idealist who considers himself a servant of the people first and foremost. And that side of him has only come out more and more with age, and especially after the absolutely devastating ending of Origins.

He likes Walter.

His relationship with Walter was always more the master to house negro kind of thing.

>That's Harvey, not Randy
What's the difference?

big* butt

Too late. Unless this is some elaborate plan to show Dredd he isn't always right, saving her now would seem like ass pull.

Dredd's world is set up in such a way you could kill Dredd and still continue the story with another Dredd either by Rico or some quickly grown clone. No need to resort to the capeshit gimmicks.

Dredd is one of favorite Pulp Sc-Fi comic man. So it's saddening to see Hershey pass away like this after all those years. I truly think this is a send off to her and not coming back.

I get the Feeling Dredd is going to fill in her spot as Chief Judge and his clone Dredd Jr will take over his spot as Dredd itself.

Thank you Judge, you do the badge proud.

Marcus Aurelius would give her a nod.

I bet Hershey has her brain transferred to a mek judge so she can judge forever

beep boop Am I cute, Dredd-kun uguu~~ beep boop

The robots have different personalities. Ironically for Dredd, all based on his.

Harvey is a long running character, Randy is just one of the mechanismos.

And also ironically, the mechanismos in this generation are more humane than the human judges, one went rogue because it was empathizing with the family of perps it was supposed to evict.

2000AD died for me the moment they re-juved Dredd. The joy of the comic always was that it allowed its characters to grow old, die and stay dead. Anyone complaining that Hershey is likely getting killed off after 40 years of comics is part of the problem, right alongside Rebellion’s upper management nixing killing off Dredd and replacing him - which should have happened years ago. If you want stories where no-one ever dies and everything resets to status quo every few years, capeshit is down the hall and to the right.

This, Body Transplants are a thing.

But if her brain is the thing being affected there's not much anyone can do.

Yeah Walter's okay, he's one those good ones. Most robots nothing but trouble though. It's not their fault it's just their nature.

Wow, racist!

Thank you kindly for the short storytime, Judge user!

lol

Grud knows there are enough robo duplicates of her stashed in the Hall of Justice's basement.

Attached: Judge Dredd - Hershey Needs a Vacation.jpg (265x384, 45K)

Yeah. Characters die the real death in 2000ad. But if their time has come, it bloody better be used to good effect.

Kinda get the feel it's going to be a mechanismo epic and maaybe Hershey is going to be more deeply involved than has been potrayed so far...
Not sure, odd to work in, but it seems the only alternative to letting her go with a whimper -
which'd be a far greater disservice.

Au contraire, I wish Dredd were real just so's he could stomp your wannabe ass.

>quickly grown clone
Yeah, nah, Kraken pretty firmly set that you can't get a clone to measure up to Dredd.

No, Dredd will never be actually killed off because 2000AD is just another hack comicbook company.

Rico seems to be doing a good job so far with the townships. They even have room to introduce a new clone and claim he was working X since its established lore.

Dredd doesn't really need to die tommrow either. Just showing the wearing of age would be enough through softening on the law, more cyber parts, or dealing with X health issues.

For the company, yea you are right they have made their stand they just want to go the DC/M route.

Judge Dredd IS capeshit.

which also applies to Anderson, the Dark Judges and Hershey.

she will "die" only to be reborn once again with something new.
>So expect her rebirth being something based on 40k like "Eldar boobs" Guilliman

@106082918
Dredd is pulp sci-fi comic. (Dredd is a space lawman from the future).

I known this bait so this is the last time I respond to it.

>For the company, yea you are right they have made their stand they just want to go the DC/M route.
I'm literally on the edge on leaving this Franchise if they're going with the cape "reboot" look. Anderson I can let slide because she a pychic and psi-activity is norm. But Dredd needs to assume Chief Judge and have his "Clone" take over.

That would follow the Stallone route user

Honestly I might get flack for this user but as of right now I wouldn't mind this instead of chacracter "reboots".

And Hershey in that Movie was a Street Judge along With Dredd
>youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM
>youtube.com/watch?v=2NsjFfdQKLU

It's not bait, this thread alone is proof that it's capeshit for capeshitfags.

Oh it's bait. But anyway. Pls enlighten us as to what counts as non-capeshit, user.