/Shelf/ General Thread

Post/discuss recent purchases, shelves, collections, etc.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you should buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery address outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

This is my first time pasting this copy, so if you're from AUS try these:
booktopia.com.au/
australia.kinokuniya.com/

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week
----------

Attached: Shelves_22Feb2019.jpg (687x1000, 693K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FGTp_PPBoDA
amazon.com/Berserk-Deluxe-1-Kentaro-Miura/dp/1506711987
youtube.com/watch?v=4ISpLb5EMAg
forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=28744.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>buying comicbooks
Yikes and Bluepilled.

Attached: korwin zdegustowany.gif (142x142, 443K)

Attached: comic-bookshelves_22Feb2019.jpg (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Last bump before bed.

Attached: not-comic-bookshelves_22Feb2019.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

How is Frank Miller's Daredevil?

Attached: IMG_20190218_162811_667.jpg (3017x3017, 2.06M)

Now accepting applicants

Attached: 61619602-0064-418C-8351-CE8917259144.jpg (497x335, 69K)

So this is a general now? What's next? A Discord server?

It was always a general

Great.

Shit, I can't apply then...

Attached: box.png (808x512, 1000K)

I'll check it out, thanks.

Just got this from eBay. I'm now off buying until several months from now. I have a problem. :(

Attached: 20190222_181817.png (1438x1613, 846K)

When should I park my ass on IST and keep hitting F5 so I can order Berserk at the soonest chance?

Is that Dark Tower box a collection of the comic or the actual novels.
I got the first comic trade last Christmas and curious how well the rest of the comic series is.

Ordered Hell on Earth vol.1 and 2. There are some essential series apart from Hellboy in hell to get before reading vol.3 to 5? (I've got all of Hellboy titles and the 4 volumes of Plague of frogs)

Nothing from the mignolaverse ever approaches hellboy or BPRD in quality imo.

> nothing in the mignolaverse approaches HB and BPRD in quality
Been my primary concern since I've staved off Hell on Earth, Lobster Johnson, Abe Sapien, Koshcei and Rasputin when I finished In Hell...

Attached: 1542049775613.png (500x390, 12K)

I mean, read and decide for yourself. I just found all the ancillary titles ranged from mediocre to alright.

So I got a used paperback that is a little bent up. Whats the best way to fix this? Just stick it under something flat and heavy?

Post pic example?
Depending on the size of it, you can roll it on the table edge, or hold it and smoothen the surface by placing your thumbs on the spine.

It's like 30 dollars right now on amazon.

>amazon
I'd rather not get a book that's beaten and torn when it reaches my door.

Just shipped yesterday.
I've owned the first Hellboy library for what must be eight years, and I finally just read past the first issue in it. No idea why I waited so long.
Timed my order to get the 2% off of Berserk next week, and possibly HB library 3 to round out the order. Haven't decided yet. I also ordered a "like new" Morrison Patrol omnibus for $70 on Amazon, which was a breath of fresh air after seeing the post-show price hike. I'm just hoping it's not a former library book, but I think they'd list it as such.

I really wouldn't worry about missing it. I have no proof or specific thing to point to for feeling that way, but I just don't see that coming and going so quickly.

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-132541.png (568x553, 90K)

And I'm posting these again because they make me happy.

No one else seems to sympathize with me when I say the same thing here, so it's good know I'm not the only one who receives books completely destroyed from them.
The I Am A Hero here is to replace one I tried to get from Ammy that was a fucking mess. It came in a fucking BAG for one thing. It's always either that or a box three times its size with ZERO packing material. I had a drawing tablet show up like that once too, but at least that had its own box to protect it.
Fuckers.

Attached: received_516769915513965.jpg (1080x994, 168K)

> and I finally just read past the first issue in it. No idea why I waited so long.

Seed of Destruction is such a weak first arc, but it goes up from there.

Thankfully, the worst I've gotten so far is a barely dinged corner on my Morrison Batman omni, but I've gotten too many things with absolutely no packing in the box, not even old newspaper.
So between that and the fact that my mailman actually does his job properly god bless him, I'm not too terribly worried, but I'm going with the safer option when I can.
Only reason I used Amazon for my Bat Omni is because IST had sold out by the time I was off work.

They are fucking bad. I remember in the old days they would shrink wrap it onto a piece of cardboard inside the box. I bought my mangos from them and they came in pristine condition.

It's always a roll of the dice. Funny enough I ordered my Morrison Batman omni from them and I had zero issue.

It's just wild a company that started with books just can't seem to care about them anymore.

Just buy it later, not like it's going to go oop.

I don't trust Dark Horse enough to believe that, and if it is true, I don't want to wait two months for a re-stock.

I'll regret it if I keep putting it off any longer. So I'm buying an omni a month until I have all the ones I want.

Yeah this book is probably going to sell out. People have wanted this for a long time now. It looks really really nice youtu.be/FGTp_PPBoDA

Attached: lostinthesauce.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

Iron Promethius being the one exception, imo.

Fine where do I buy it

Its the novels. You can see them in the bottom left.

Looks like I was right and Matsumoto Taiyo's Louvre no neko ended up licensed before some asshats scanlated it. Wonder if it's the black and white or color version, probably the former...
Sad that I didn't see the news anywhere, it's been announced for a week already and I just found out about it.

Attached: cats of louvre.jpg (1502x2048, 499K)

I just happened to pick up Sunny from the library and I'm liking it. Is he generally good?
I realize how he also did that No. 5 manga some guy here was excited about getting because it's a low print run.

Yeah, he's always at least good, but most of the time he's great. No. 5 was never fully released in english though.

Top left, top right, and Green Lantern shelves all look like they're about to blow.

If you're willing to take your chances with amazon, you can preorder it for $30. Can't beat that deal. Deluxe-1-Kentaro-Miura/dp/1506711987

amazon.com/Berserk-Deluxe-1-Kentaro-Miura/dp/1506711987

Is it worth buying If I've never read it before

Seriously? Why do people ask shit like this? It takes five seconds to google the title, read a few pages/issues and see for yourself if it worth buying. Want me to fuck your girl as well and tell you if she's worth doing her yourself? Go fuck you.

No. Nothing is, because realistically nothing has to be bought blind.
Just go read a chapter or two, or maybe an early synopsis.

Yeah, you really can't depend much on Ikea's particle board when you're stacking 200lbs of omnis on it.
They're fine for Mass Market Paperbacks, but comics are made of heavier stuff.

Here is your protagonist, at the moment of his birth.
Would you like to know more?

yes

Then you should buy the book because that's the start of the 15 some odd volume flashback called the Golden Age arc that starts at the fourth volume or so.

Trust my opinion, stranger on the internet and stick a knife though your heart. You will get super powers.

Already tried. Can confirm.

Would you mind? Just take her for a quick spin and let me know what you think.

What an NPC """conversation"""

I’m glad someone said it. Some of the questions we get in these threads drive me up the fucking wall.

Just hit $1000 in Duck books and am re-reading the story that got me hooked 8 years ago.

What is /shelf/ reading? Always like seeing the mix of stuff.

Attached: 810.jpg (3024x2570, 1.8M)

>And I'm posting these again because they make me happy.
Those are some nice variant covers. I don't normally buy them, but I do have every version of Spider-man issue #1.
>What is /shelf/ reading?
Going to start reading Ghost in the Shell later tonight.

Re-reading Judas that I picked up the other day, and looking at my copy of Enemy Ace Archives.

I'm finishing up UA: Hotel Oblivion right now. It's good stuff.

Going through Saga since there’s a lot of issues built up. It’s not nearly as bad as I remember but it’s still not anywhere as good as the praise makes it out to be. For fucks sake, the wiki article says it’s been compared to LOTR, Star Wars, Romeo and Juliet, HAMLET, and the Fucking NEW TESTAMENT. Is this a comic for people with no reference point??

How much all together?

Finishing Hellboy library 1. Then I'll probably read some of the library books I've grabbed. Maybe Trees vol. 1.
Hyped for the reprinting of Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck in April. I've never had Duck Comics, partially because that one has been so expensive.

I just sold the first four volumes of Saga. I read the first when it came out and then bought that next four despite dropping comics to make sure I got first prints since they were selling so fast. I'm afraid to even try to read it again with the hindsight of how much smoke has been blown up its ass.

He Man minicomics. Maybe some Kirby FF later or Infinite crisis and pic related

Attached: 9B9F75E9-13A0-4AAA-AC7F-D74D7218BB59.jpg (3264x2448, 1.56M)

Repost from a few threads back.
Like I said then, I just dive right in, and if I like, I continue.
Though I fully regret getting Civil War.

Attached: image.jpg (1802x1873, 962K)

Just hit $1000 in Duck books
Are you that one user with a whole room of ducks comics that also has like a whole shelf of the peanuts strips? If so I always admired your collection.
I'm going to read Head Lopper when it'll get delivered, other than that, I recently went to the cinema for the newest Asterix movie. 9/10, the ending could be better, but other than that it was very cool.

That reminds me, I really have to read through City of Mist again.

>Just hit $1000 in Duck books*
welp I can't into greentext.

>I'm going to read Head Lopper
Hope you like it.
I put off reading it for a long time and really enjoyed it when I finally did.

Buncha new shit for the GL shelf -- mostly toys. That there Spectre Hal is glow in the dark.

Almost got all the pre-Johns trades. Still need to track down reasonably priced "The Road Back" and "Final Night" books. Then all that's left is Cereal Lord's omnibus', some New-52 and post New-52, completed Crisis' / events, and the few Elseworlds books that touch on GL. Then it'll be complete.

Maybe I'll finally move on to getting all the Judge Dredd Case Files or some Moon Knight.

Attached: IMG_20190222_195906.jpg (3264x2448, 520K)

Attached: 1547036469342.jpg (1200x900, 234K)

A few other Legion of Super-Heroes are hidden away somewhere. All of these are stuffed in the back side of my closet because space is at such a premium that I can't afford to have a bookshelf actually outside of my closet.

Attached: stuff.jpg (2526x2058, 1023K)

It's the only place left for anons who purchase and read comics. we need our safe space.

Attached: kkkrusty.jpg (1049x616, 51K)

And stuff I bought in the past month.

Finding comics is such a crapshoot when you live in Japan. Really want to start visiting America more and bringing back some of my bound comics once I have enough money to move into a bigger place.

Attached: stuff2.jpg (1029x648, 281K)

What's the matter? Afraid we're going to find out you don't read comics? Don't worry user, we already knew.

What are those Shade volumes? I'm only seeing ones that are ~200 pages.

Picked up a bunch of my stuff I had sitting in my comic shop this month. I REALLY need to build myself some new bookcases to set up everything,I'm running out of room. 1/3

Attached: 20190222_151747.jpg (1504x2016, 774K)

2/3

Attached: 20190222_151752.jpg (1504x2016, 854K)

Yeah, but haven't been buying much. I realised I have too much backlog and stopped buying anything not part of a collection I already own. About to finish Ghostbusters.

Attached: shelf.jpg (1956x3783, 1.28M)

Comics in the stack are Batman Who Laughs 3,Immortal Hulk 11-13,Batman Kings of Fear 4,Batman Beyond 27-28,and Predator Hunters2 4. I may be missing a coming or 2 I haven't listed. Been a long day.

3/3

Attached: 20190222_151803.jpg (1504x2016, 908K)

>batman who lmao funko
Oy yoy yoy

Those are custom bound hardcovers I made.

I would strongly suggest buying the entire series in floppies, it shouldn't run more than $40-50. The early digital coloring looks better on that older paper stock than it ever would on crisp, glossy paper. Plus it's the kind of paper that doesn't really yellow with age, so they should hold up over time.

Attached: shade2.jpg (1238x1553, 502K)

Why didn't /shelf/ tell me that comics are expensive?

We presumed that you had eyes.

I've been meaning to do that with me Shade and JLI runs, did you DIY or send them off to someone?

I've never actually seen a custom bound. That looks pretty damn nice!
I've never read Shade, but I really should. Thanks, bud.

How much did this cost you? It looks crazy good.

Houchen or Herring & Robbinson are the best companies to use; some people do it on their own, and I intend to in the future if I ever move back to America, but yeah, best to leave it to the professionals.

I'm sort of over laminated covers with images, much better to have faux leather with an optional dust jacket. That's what I have going on with the pictured New Teen Titans hardcovers in that image - those cover Wolfman's second Baxter print series, which the omnibus line is only just starting to cover.

It comes out to about $20 per book.

Check out the marvelmasterworksfansite forums, it's a huge hobby over there.

>It comes out to about $20 per book.
Oh, that's not bad.

If you consider that you're binding around ~20-30 comics, and if you're patient and lucky enough to wait for a cheap enough lot to appear on eBay, it comes out to roughly half the price of an omnibus. It's actually pretty economical in its own way, depending on the sorts of series you bind.

It just becomes a struggle when you can grab every other issue for cheap, but there's always one key issue you need to spend $15 on alone to complete the set. That part can drive you nuts with to-bind-or-not-to-bind doubts.

>It comes out to about $20 per book.
Damn. I really wish there was a company in my country that had some experience with that.

>Spectre Hal is glow in the dark
That’s pretty sweet

>Not having a job and plenty of money
Yikes and commiepilled

Just read the first Cyclops GN, it was all right. Young Scott doing space pirate shit with his dad. Probably gonna pick up the 2nd soon.

I also picked up Essential Iron man 1 and Xmen Schism.

>X-Men Schism
Get your money back, you still got time

It was REALLY cheap, but yeah not so great.

Possibly the best run in all of Marvel comics.

Amazing Spider-Man ominbus vol 1. Might be the easiest silver age read.

Including Bendis? Bendis the Writer?
The one who writes?

Is $73 a good price for it?

Looks like it. You can probably find a used one for cheaper.

Thanks dude, I'll definitely pick it up

Who is your favorite artist /shelf/?
Mine is >Joe Jusko

Chris Bachalo and Bernie Wrightson

1/2 Work in progress

Attached: 20190221_113532.jpg (2560x1440, 1.46M)

Stokoe, Otomo, ABe, Koike, Rosa, Clowes, Pope. Lots to pick from, but if the favorite, it has to be Dave Stevens for his inks.

Hows The Black Mirror, and is that a continuity story?

2/2

Attached: 20190215_225336-1.jpg (1870x1440, 1.33M)

~£75 + £20 p & p from the US. It was too good to pass on

Really enjoyed it, was set in the main continuity right before Flashpoint and the new 52 I think.

I've started using the "look at eBay first" strategy. Even if they're used and second hand you can find decent bundles with some luck.

>ABe

Attached: 1532760357591.gif (141x141, 481K)

IST is usually cheaper than eBay sometimes, but you'll get the tradeoff of waiting for months

Months? For shipping?

Sometimes

Where the fuck are you getting it sent to, Australia?
The warehouse is in Tennessee, so for me it's under a week for an order with normal shipping. Fastest I've gotten is two or three days.

glad someone's bringing all the Toppi works in a nice new series

Attached: Capture.png (1214x830, 2.24M)

And now I know. How are the stories compared to The Collector and Sharaz-de?

I really have to appreciate how comics have pretty uniform heights because I'm trying to arrange my regular books right now and their janky ass heights makes that really hard.

Amazing! Miller's "Elektra: Assassin" from the late '80s is also essential reading. Goes from a pretty frank look at mental illness to batshit insanity at the drop of a hat.

I'm so excited it's getting a reprint. I know a bunch of people that never read it because of the cost, so to own both parts for $40 is a steal.

Attached: Complete-Life-and-Times-of-Scrooge-McDuck-no1-3D.png (624x800, 2.15M)

Not that user, but fella Duck fan.
Its a sham Fantagraphics don't get the holds on Egmont Publisher edition with all the 12 stories plus the bonus stories, compendium and commentary all in one hardcover.

Bought it at a discount for around 20 bucks.

It sounds like this will have most of that same content in two, at least.

But wouldn't it be nice to have it all in one book, though? Price may be jacked up, but then FB wouldn't charge 30 USD plus shipping per book.

I'm enjoying the enchanted world so far, what's Mattéo about?

>Exile
Nice

I'm in America and order from IST. Sometimes my order comes in a week (a pleasant surprise) but I've also literally had orders that took a over month to arrive and none of the books were preorders or labelled as out-of-stock or anything. IST is still a great site though and I love how excessively safe their packaging is. They are slow and very safe so IST is the exact opposite of Amazon where you can have most books in 2 days but they are guaranteed to be damaged because they're shipped in a big box where they rattle around.

Can I have that Spectre Hal tho?

Where can I pre-order this that isn't Amazon?

Directly from the Fantagraphics website. They have a Disney section with it listed.

Last time I checked that site they had $20 for shipping

That shelf is really cool.

Nice. Did you make that hellboy out of legos yourself?

Attached: LokiBump.jpg (3073x2296, 1001K)

Do you have more Loki, or are these just the ones you display?

He actually keeps buying those same books, over and over.

>Loki Agent of Asgard
>I cannot tell a lie
doubt

Almost done with the Sleeper omni. Underrated Brubaker

New additions to muh shelf. Venomnibus a thiccboi 1/3

Attached: 6E9F0FC1-B64C-4F5F-AF9E-839ADEAD7075.jpg (3489x2970, 3.93M)

My biggest problem with Saga was how awful the dialogue was. It was so young person casual in every instance with every character.

2/3

Attached: AD7BDD28-CDFF-4D87-B341-74431A4DB020.jpg (2017x3775, 2.96M)

At the tail end/last three issues of Colan DD. It's been a lot of fun but art aside I wouldn't put it at the same level as what I've read of Kirby FF, or Ditko Spidey, which I've read all of. Still worth a read tho.

Behold: the Omnibus Pantry!

I read this with Dr. Weird's voice

Bernie Wrightson, Frank Quietly, James Stokoe

Nope. it's a little kit, you might still be able to find it on Amazon, or Ebay, they came out with an abe sapien one to.

3/3

Attached: 261621A2-6D44-4920-89BD-08B72F0BABC8.jpg (2177x4032, 3.75M)

The JLI omnibus. Only about a third of the way in because I decided to read I Am Going To Be Small by Jeffrey Brown. After the omni I'll probably get back into the IDW TMNT HCs.

Haha closet shelves actually until I get a bigger shelf

Got a new shelf. Had to get a half size though because ive run out of wall

Attached: IMG_20190223_122309.jpg (3337x2397, 3M)

Shelf 1

Attached: IMG_20190223_122450.jpg (2587x3968, 3.85M)

Shelves 2 and 3.

Attached: IMG_20190223_122550.jpg (2976x3258, 3.92M)

What did the old one look like again?

Anyone have suggestions for some new shelves? I currently have one of the 2x2 Ikea Kallax shelving units, but I'd like something taller. Shipping on the bigger models is insane.

Nah, is just that liar has a special place in my shelf and I use that image as bumps as nee... SHIT you got me! But holy shit that "I cannot tell a lie" trade is harder and harder to get by the day.

Best shelf in the game. Incredible collection. always love seeing what's added to it.

Oh and these are my latests, month old by now, but my friend still has that Monster 3 with her!

Attached: IMG_20190125_200635.jpg (3264x2448, 656K)

sorry I cant find an old picture. It was basically just the first two shelves with all the marvel stuff crammed underneath my dark horse stuff

billy master race

Thanks dude. Im really proud of it and always looking for recommendations on cool stuff to add to it

I don't like most of the dialogue of Saga and the cheap shock value it has in certain situations. Plus looks like an unfinished webcomic and that really bothers me because Staples can really draw well

recent purchases 1/3

Attached: tumblr_pned5q44nF1r3j5ra_1280.jpg (1280x960, 513K)

Bowed shelf master race.

>Shipping on the bigger models is insane.
That's a shame. I just got a 3x4 to upgrade my 2x4 and I love it. It sucks having all that wasted depth, but they're sturdy and good for knick-knacks.

2/3

Attached: tumblr_pned5vnQCr1r3j5ra_1280.jpg (1280x960, 477K)

3/3

Attached: tumblr_pned5lY9g91r3j5ra_540.jpg (540x405, 81K)

Anyone recommend any good crime comics? Ive read (and loved) all of Brubaker's stuff, Stray Bullets, have recently started reading Dennis O'Neil's Question and some stuff by Jaques Tardis

Gotham Central

"Superior Foes" is a good story about a group of criminals fucking everything up. Also "The Fix" which is basically the same story minus the supers. Who knows if it'll ever be finished however.

Nice reading comprehension

Mind MGMT

Ive read both and am very on the fence on Nick Spencer. Half the time the comedy is solid, the other half its just meme references

lucked out finding 1/2 price Batwoman and Sandman Absolutes. Everything else was dollar bin comics

Attached: new feb 19.jpg (4583x2957, 2.13M)

waiting for the upcoming omni to release but im very excited.

Speaking of Matt Kindt, did Depth H ever finish? Did it ever go anywhere? I read for a while before it felt like it was becoming meandering filler

Attached: herc1.jpg (500x348, 43K)

>paying for Jawbreakers

Attached: sarah emoji.jpg (686x704, 37K)

I enjoy Malins art

>enjoying shit art

Hey /shelf/, it's been awhile. Don't really browse Yea Forums anymore but figured I'd check in.

Attached: shelf1.jpg (1008x392, 390K)

Got some nice trades/GN's since last time I was here

Attached: shelf2.jpg (4032x1359, 3.62M)

Latest Ebay purchase

Attached: young liars.jpg (490x703, 366K)

Might not be the right thread to ask, but is there a list of what Judge Dredd stories are not collected in the complete case files? Wikipedia helps a bit, but when you have the complete case files and the mega collection, it can be a bit confusing when you're not looking up a specific story.

And the rest of my pics are purchases from my local bookstore that sells comics

Fuck, just realized I forgot to include issue 1 of Young Liars. I do have it, just too lazy to take another photo

Attached: gifts of the night.jpg (490x740, 367K)

Attached: give me liberty.jpg (490x775, 338K)

Attached: robocop versus terminator.jpg (486x684, 409K)

Attached: sebastion o.jpg (490x715, 356K)

Attached: the girl who would be death.jpg (490x714, 332K)

The cursed Earth saga got a couple of chapters out due to licencing issues and got released as a complete edition afterwards. America isnt in the case files either

How's Young Liars? Love me some Lapham

this looks interesting. how is it?

Haven't read it yet

Haven't read it yet as I just picked it up today, but I've heard good things about it and the premise sounded cool

What are some of the best deals in comics, stuff like walking dead compendium or stray bullets Uber alles?

What's the point in asking this question? Are you going to buy every single "best deal" they have, why don't you just name the stuff you like and ask for similar /rec/s instead.

Why do you care what i do? Why did you even answer if you aren’t going to provide examples? If u wanted to bump you could have just said “bump”

I know the complete case files hasn't collected everything up to modern day yet, but are those the only two series that aren't in them aside from stuff that hasn't been reached yet?

>Why did you even answer if you aren’t going to provide examples?
Because it's a retarded ass question

Thank you for your input

Anyone know if Viz plans to re-issue Saint Seiya when the Netflix show hits?

I missed out on the series the first time and I saw the TPBs go for insane prices (some $100).

>the Netflix show hits
The WHAT

Just checked, it's a badly made 3DCG anime show. Don't get your hopes up
youtube.com/watch?v=4ISpLb5EMAg

I found this about it forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=28744.0

I'm not even necessarily a fan, but that's the fastest I've learned of something and then been completely disinterested. Well done.

Neat, thanks, that's a big help.

Can any Duck enthusiasts tell me how the coloring is in the Disney Masters collections?
I looked at some samples and it looked kind of disappointing compared to the Barks Ducks books Fantagraphics has been doing. Is the content worth overlooking that?

Spencer & Locke.

I'm drunk.
So drunk I ordered comics.

Attached: received_2279793955597949.jpg (1080x1027, 61K)

The fuck is Sweet Tooth about?
The only think that comes to my mind is the music video for Sugar We're Going Down.
But I suspect they're unrelated.

Furries, as done by old school Vertigo. It's great and a tearjerker.

>I cried at a furry story

Now i have to end myself

It's actually the music video, but stretched out for three volumes. It's impressive.
I like Lemire, and I've read the first trade. It's some weird world with animal/ human hybrids being born for whatever reason and they're important in that they're immune to whatever made cause the apocalypse or something. Again, I like Lemire and the first trade, and it came to $50.53 and IST needs $50 for free shipping so that was convenient.

>It's some weird world with animal/ human hybrids being born for whatever reason and they're important in that they're immune to whatever made cause the apocalypse or something.
dude, it was good because you didn't know that when you started reading. At least try to spoiler.

>It's actually the music video, but stretched out for three volumes. It's impressive.
What are you talking about?

I've only read the first trade and I'm pretty sure that was made clear early.

And I'm driink. I don't now.

I forgive you

Thank you, senpai.

I get new books from Amazon all the time and almost never have a problem. And when I do get a bent book, I just tell them and they send me a new one.
Sure, I'd rather buy from a direct source or an actual LCS, but I'm not trying to pay more just for that.

I love the Apocalipstick cover so much

>they send me a new one.
I just have it refunded and order from IST like I should have in the first place.

I wanted to get the Barry Windsor-Smith cover variant but this John Cassady one was cheaper
I don't like it much, it's too braggadocios and lacks the charm and character of the Smith one, still a proud cop though

Attached: conan.jpg (720x960, 97K)

Looks like Christopher Moeller did the covers so I'll look into these. We really need some hardcover collections of non-Sandman Vertigo. There are so many miniseries that were never collected.

It's just an awful fucking cover.

It looks like art for a small panel, not a cover. Blech,

It looks like panel art from a webcomic or FCBD release and they should be embarrassed they stooped so low to sell the variant.
Hope and assume the book so good, though.

everyone always talks about the covers but how's the coloring onnthe inside? Im always skeptical on that era of marvel omnis because of how the paper stock treats the colors

Keep in mind this is from my shitty iphone 6 and I don't have the best eye for recoloring and art edits but I like it, it's been a while since I read the old ones but they look good, it seems to be a faithful update to the art like the classics.
The back of the omnibus even said "Remastered to their original coloring!", so it looks like we don't be getting something fairly aggregious or soulless like the Simonson Thor Omnibus recolors

Attached: conan omnibus internal.jpg (1536x2048, 681K)

Why is Calvin and Hobbes so expensive? Did the creator die?

it actually looks really good wow

Just finished Sleeper and now I need more spy/espionage comics. Ive read Steranko's SHIELD and also loved it.

Are those the paperback ones?
Hope the spine lasts multiple reads, user.

Give Cop for Criminals a look.
I remember enjoying it. Also I know James Bond has had some recent comics that were pretty decent.

Suck my dick

Bump with shelves. After *many* months, I've finally finished reading my Silver Age DD. Colan run was moostly fun, but man, Silver Age DD's the weakest of that era I own.

Attached: 20190224_091345.jpg (2256x2448, 3.86M)

*note* I haven't read Kirby Thor yet at all, but looking forward to it. Next is FF EC 3. My backlog is kinda big, but it's getting read more now.

So Guardian Devil got a reissue with different cover artwork last year (pic-related). It's exactly the same price and all listings say it has the same physical dimensions and number of pages as the original trade paperback from the early '00s. To anyone that owns both; is there any difference in terms of paper quality or binding or anything?

Attached: 81eIqhwlkQL.jpg (1469x2264, 268K)

Fuck this looks really nice. I never read any of Marvel's Conan but might be pretty good, gotta buy this.

Is that edition of Doom Patrol in print right now?
It looks like the best option, unless there's some comparable HC edition I don't know about coming out.

Also
>be me
>Find Epic Collections more convenient than Omnis
>Wanted to sell Lee/Ditko Spidey omni for respective ECs
>EC 1 (maybe 2 also) is OOP and going for double RRP
>Regret not doing this five years ago
>Wonder why Marvel isn't keeping early Spidey ECs in print

Hey Nick, if you're still here, what's up with The Fix? I understand being busy with Marvel, but I'm just curious if it's done for good or not. Sure it was more of a side project between big runs.

Attached: 1549758829756m.jpg (768x1024, 101K)

Imagine using the endless resources of the internet before asking a question like this

Bump.

They may reprint this stuff. Some of them have already gotten second print runs actually. I would just hang in there.

I am personally hoping they do new printings of the ASM omnis 2 & 3 since they're coming out with 4 this year.

I hope they reprint the first ASM, FF and the DD heart of darkness epic collection soon

DC doesn't fully own the rights to some of those uncollected miniseries. There's a good chance that they own the trademark and the creative team owns the copyright.
Don't really ever expect any reprints, especially since the talk out of the comicpro retailer summit is that AT&T/WB is now cracking down on their already poor trade department.
Expect even fewer trades going forward.

Heart of Darkness doesn't seem too bad on Amazon UK, but yeah the other two are oop. I jumped on FF EC 1 a couple years ago iirc so I'm ok there.