Episode 2 drops today fellas

Episode 2 drops today fellas.
Are we ready for more Doom Patrol kino?

Attached: 651A208B-5E09-4C78-95BD-7A5DBF16AB0D.jpg (667x1000, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbuGWgYLqWk
mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg
youtube.com/watch?v=Smqdb74_Fkw
youtu.be/T-Ae0pLegJc
collider.com/doom-patrol-jeremy-carver-interview/
rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/akiva_goldsman
youtube.com/watch?v=6cNGQFTyfIg
youtube.com/watch?v=yKi0pJi0Wvs
gq.com/story/what-ever-happened-to-brendan-fraser
youtube.com/watch?v=SeotYtIYSlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm ready for more Fraser

yass

while it will be up for me in about 25 min, I'll wait and watch it. Cause I make my whole family sit down and watch it.

I can't wait to see the clips online but I'm going to sign up after all of the episodes are out for the free trial.

Attached: GALACTIC_GUARDIANS_(1985).jpg (640x480, 74K)

waiting warmly

Attached: Dp 90.png (483x849, 748K)

But..but..Cyborg has no history with Robotman and the Doom Patrol.

Attached: IMG_5572.jpg (1600x1567, 621K)

set a reminder for may 24

Attached: doom.jpg (1258x865, 168K)

>they interacted for two pages in one issue, that means they belong on the same team
I mean come on, I liked the first episode and I want the show to be a success, but that doesn't mean you have to defend DC desperately trying to push their only black character (at least after they sidelined John Stewart) at every turn.

Attached: you're stupid.png (852x398, 103K)

I have found it irksome for years that cyborg is the go to black character.
>cant use green lantern, he was in the military
>cant use black lightning that promotes the electric sterotype
>same for static shock

It's up.

summary for episode 3 is out too

Attached: doom.png (1234x378, 375K)

so episode titles will all be some patrol joke?

God in heaven let the black hole be sentient.
Just to let people know just how odd these enemies gonna really be.

Attached: 1883552-black_hole_13.jpg (916x684, 464K)

>Thot Patrol

Attached: dp1.jpg (1114x510, 30K)

Anyone working on a link?

If you think that Cyborg only interacted with Robotman for 2 scenes in one issue then you have never read the New Teen Titans.
Robotman is key to learning how and why Cyborg and Beast Boy became friends.
It's a small plot point that started in an early New Teen Titans issue before # 13 came out.

Larry trying to get on the bus was pretty great.

Attached: dp2.jpg (1117x510, 54K)

The bug's name is Ezekiel

>reddit trolls
Tudyk is too good for this role

Attached: dp3.jpg (1116x514, 49K)

kek

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22 Watch Donkey Patrol - Doom Patrol - s1e2 on DC Universe.png (1252x665, 350K)

If they actually had this online service in other countries I would've already subscribed, but here I am instead.

already out?

If you are a beta tester for the app, yes

MEGA when?

Attached: dp4.jpg (1111x509, 44K)

Umbrella Academy > Doom Patrol

It just hit me that since Cliff can't emote, all the acting has to come from Brendan's voice and the suit actor's movement
Shit's neat

>who are you talking to?
>grant morrison fans, reddit trolls, and the three new fans who stuck around after the donkey fart
Amazing

Dear USA patriots, we can't subscribe DC because they are massive cunt
Please release MEGA with your kindness.
t.non american

Anyone got a magnet?

I can't wait to read the Cyborg complaints.

Attached: IMG_5571.jpg (1600x1203, 578K)

It came out less than an hour ago, hold your damn horses

HAL from 2001 is the biggest example on how voice acting and visual direction is all you need to convey feeling.

Am I safe to jump into this show if I haven't read Morrison's Doom Patrol? I've been meaning to pick up the omnibus but its not so easy to come by anymore.

I was only asking. No need to get your panties in a knicker.

readcomiconline.to

Also yes. It's entertaining in its own right.

Attached: dp5.jpg (1118x512, 48K)

>I haven't read Morrison's Doom Patrol?
so what? you know we here on Yea Forums don't read comics right? we just like memeing and shitposting about them.

Good television shouldn't require previous exposure or understanding of it's source material

You can get some injokes but overall this is a totally different beast.

Attached: dp2.webm (345x391, 1.11M)

she may not be a great actress, but she's hot as hell

Attached: dp4.webm (1200x546, 566K)

Attached: dp5.webm (1200x540, 561K)

Sorry about the lack of proper talk back thread, I make the Titans and DP ones usually but I've been working on projects for the last 36 hours

That's a terrible combination. It means that she's going to shit up the show but thirsty Yea Forumstards will defend her.

>couldn't get past two episodes of titans
>doom patrol is already my favorite cape show
I heard there's a titans episode of doom patrol

Is that the only episode I should watch from it?

Linksys?

You can but Morrison's DP is also very good and you should read it anyway, it will further your enjoyment of the series.

Cyborg got added to Doom Patrol because he fit with the team's central motifs of deeply flawed people turned into heroes by tragic accident. Beast Boy was the original Doom Patrol theme, but DC comics never want to deep deeper into his backstory.

But Cyborg's whole flaw to overcome is that he's a robot man who can't sleep or play sports anymore.
He's just Robotman-lite.

Like I said, DC doesn't want to touch on Beast Boy's backstory. They rather keep him as the clown of the Teen Titans.

When does it drop?

episode 2 is out now

I said nothing about Beast Boy dude.
I just said Cyborg is a bad fit for the team because his issues are just less severe issues of the main character.

Why are you against Robotman having an adoptive Black Robot Son like Cyborg to bond with?

Link?

It's on the shitty DC streaming service

It won't be anywhere else for at least another three hours or even tomorrow because no one gives a fuck about these shitty DC shows

Does somebody know the soundtrack to episode 2 trailer?
I liked that "it's all in your head" bit.

Reminder that it's trash without this scene and this music to cap it all off:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbuGWgYLqWk

Attached: 9652a37bbd09f1080852d76f2555c5e1.jpg (1005x1505, 420K)

I think it's more like Beast Boy being traditionally more associated with the Teen Titans, and they are pushing Cyborg as less Teen Titans, and more Justice League. Probably because they want Cyborg as a grown black person, instead of a kid character. The only other big black adult characters in DC's portfolio are John Stewart, a black version of Green Lantern, and Black Lightning, who already has his own TV show.

Or, it's just another example of DC making completely idiotic choices that make no sense.

If you'd seen the new episode, they're obviously going to be doing more with Cyborg than just that.

Really, anons?

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Attached: Mr.T.jpg (1280x718, 61K)

What the fuuuck???

Attached: e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43.png (390x470, 8K)

What, the C-lister? Yeah, everybody forgets him, even the show he was currently on.

They can't use him on TV though since he's invisible to machines.

I wish there was a Fraiser-like sit com but with fucked up superheroes.

I think it’s also got to do with identity. Having the two sides of you, human and automaton, battling constantly would be a pretty good fit for the Doom Patrol. Cliff still has a really strong human identity, which is why he takes pain in missing his human functions, while Vic’s whole deal is that he’s losing his touch with who he was before and he doesn’t want to fully become the machine.

Do they have a villain who is a transhumanist who is fully pushing to become a perfect, immortal machine?

I am loving this fucking show. Tudyk's narration fit a lot better in this episode and he continues to be amazing through his voice alone. Same with Fraser conveying Cliff's struggle with his humanity. Despite all the worries about Cyborg, he never really felt out of place here and I actually really liked his back and forth with Cliff. Rita and Jane are fine so far, but I don't know how I feel about Larry. I hope he becomes less of a mope and energetic like he was in Titans. But there's a whole season so I'm not worried.

No idea and it's driving me mad. It was also used in the last preview so it may not be going anywhere, but I will certainly need a name because it's been in my head for the last week.

I just want scissor men or jack the ripper in kino patrol

>that 4th wall breaking at the start of the episode was based and grant-pilled

I don't think that adding Cyborg to this show was because they didn't want to use Beast Boy, Titans started development waaay before Doom Patrol. I think they in reality they just wanted a black guy.

Why not just use Tempest then?

They are gonna use him. I think there was a casting for him.

Anyone know where us poorfags can find episode 1?

Who?

Piratebay.

>he cant afford 8 bucks a month

That's 2 bucks a week

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9ef146a696d7296a3249bd8d0134e060da047edb&dn=Doom.Patrol.S01E01.Pilot.1080p.DCU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H264-NTb%5brarbg%5d&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2710&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2710&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.trackerfix.com%3a80%2fannounce

Thought it was a weak episode desu senpaitachi but still enjoyable

Wrong

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6730e2d7cae578c365ab7f875d80ad79ed51385d&dn=Doom.Patrol.S01E02.iNTERNAL.1080p.WEB.H264-AMRAP%5Brartv%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.trackerfix.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2710

He was asking for episode one. Thanks for the episode two link though.

Thanks friendo

Uploading here
mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg

>doom patrol spam
fuck this noise

Legion, Gifted > poop > Doom Patrol

Also Vader is another good example

>Legion, Gifted
No one watches those, X-fag.

Good man

Attached: doom patrol 51.jpg (1000x1513, 211K)

based

Still more people watch it than dipshit patrol

This very thread here has more posts than the 3 last Gifted Talkback threads added uo.

The fact that Gifted had 3 talkback threads speaks by itself

So based on the alterations of Nobody's powers, I'm guessing he's going to create Danny the Street. Possibly a leftover bit of Cloverton that was left in the Donkey dimension?

Can't have beast boy without mento

Can't have good show without plot

Tartarovsky's Clone Wars and Samurai Jack. Every single Tom and Jerry cartoon.

>Can't have good show with DC characters
Ftfy

More people watch them than this shit

>Numbers equal quality
I love Legion but that logic is moronic.

>Tartarovsky's Clone Wars
Literally chronicling battles in a war
>Samurai Jack
Jack wandering in the future looking for a way back to the past, the plot is literally in the theme song
>Every single Tom and Jerry cartoon.
A cat tries to eat a mouse

Gifted went to complete shit in season two and Legion season two was mediocre.

Fight scenes aren't a plot.

You can but you can't do it with the Doom Patrol.

You're right I mean why would having a large audience make something successful

No, but what happens between the fight scenes are.

Can't tell if you're arguing or agreeing with that user. I think you are agreeing, but poe law

Are you fucking kidding me? Both shows had superior season two when compared to season one. Legion had Shadow King, and Gifted has Hellfire Club. I want to slap your shit user, like really hard

Yeah, especially if we're talking about a tee-vee show

Feels like 90's tv goofiness.
I don't like Rita's "acting." Can't tell if it's bad acting or intentionally fake.

You mean, Tom has a revelation about eating off Jerry and rethinks his social construct?

Some episodes, yes. Glad to see you've never watched Tom and Jerry.

This Cyborg's way better than JL already.

Same, I want to know the name of that fricking song.

WE DID IT

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-22 14.20.01.png (680x1080, 509K)

Is it too late to write Jane out.

Still waiting on this

It's in the episode 3 trailer too

Yeah this is a great show besides but I really can't stand her.

>Crazy Jane's actress sucks
>but Cyborg is actually decent in this show
This isn't what I wanted, but I'll take it.

user you are a star. Very much appreciated for all us non-Americans that DC don't want to give them money.

>Get an actress to play a character with 65 personalities
>Can't play one convincingly

youtube.com/watch?v=Smqdb74_Fkw

This is going to be a huge problem considering Crazy Jane and Cliff are a huge emotional center for the story

I hope they re-write parts to diminish her importance, because right now I'm one botched personality away from just skipping her scenes.

>tfw you're a reddit troll with a dc subscription

He is actually a Mary Sue 100% though. They even refer to it when he gets brought in sometimes in comics. If you wouldn't mind, please in one sentence explain his personality.

They really only need to diminish the scenes where she rapidly transitions from personality to personality, she clearly doesn't have the ability for it

You're right, I should stop paying my mothers hospital bills so I can give FUCKING DC 8$ for a completely useless streaming service that will be gone in 5 years. Unironically kill yourself you yuppie.

Can someone make a female clone of James McAvoy and have her play Crazy Jane instead

She doesn't have the ability for a single personality. The character is also written in a really annoying way. It's like a perfect storm of fuck off.

Get him anyway. Call him Crazy James, her/his new dominant personality. Doom Patrol has done stranger things.

Holy shit, this was good.
What's up with Rita and baby stroller, though? Does she also have a kid she abandoned? Or simply unfulfilled desires of being a mother?

Are you bitches prepared for the Brenaissance?

Attached: Brendan-Fraser-de-Mister-muscles-a-Mister-big_square500x500.jpg (500x500, 32K)

When I first saw the advertising for Doom Patrol I thought it was some Wizard of Oz remake.

>Brenaissance
I see this word all the time in these sort of threads. What does it mean?

>Mummy 4
>This time he's a robot

the later, at least in the comics.

It would be, if the show was good

Means /ourboi/ is back on top, baby.

Of all the faggots I've seen on Yea Forumsmblr, you're the faggiest. Congratulations, I literally got cancer after your post and I have to contact the doctor

Well fuck me second episode was somehow actually better than the first...
If the show keeps this up its gonna be a classic.

But i dont know much about the source material. Is there enough material for second season? Show is suppose to have 15 episodes.

a bit chubbier than I remember him though

Who's the fox? Not you, baby

kill yourself

Brendan Fraser became the JUST meme after he got divorced from his bitch wife. His requirement after the divorce was that he had to pay her something like $50,000 a month to keep up her "standard of living" or whatever the fuck its called.

That ran out at the end of January this year. He doesn't have to pay her another cent as far as we know. Now he's back and its the Brenaissance

He's been through a lot, user. Cut him some slack.

Oh I didn't mean anything bad by it. I just remember him from George of the jungle and the mummy movies.
Nothing wrong with the dad-bod or whatever they call it now

you first, faggot

Attached: fu.gif (500x459, 1.94M)

It's up

Dude's a good actor and I legitimately looked up to him when I was a kid. I'm glad he's making a comeback, getting in better shape, etc. His bitch of an ex can go jump off a bridge.

Thanks, I really gotta read them already

>tfw you stuck around after the ass fart

The worst thing it the laws that fucked him can still fuck someone now. Nothing's changed.

My advice is to not marry harlots.

Success has nothing to do with quality you idiot. Family Guy is successful and has a large audience, but its shit.

dude, Rita's boobies

>Legion and Gifted are only better than literal shit
The absolute state of X-Fags

Rita's pretty hot, despite being a hot mess.

Was that a real line ?

Yes.

Any show that namedrops Grant Morrison has my vote.

Cliff's reaction to Silvertongue's power was fucking priceless.

bruh

Yes, easily. It probably won't be until a third season that they run out of material from Morrison's run alone.

You're leaving out the middle part of the story.
After divorcing his horrible bitch wife, he decided to retire for a while and raise his kids and horses on a farm in upstate New York or something.
So he's back in the saddle, now all he has to do is lose the spare tire and the Brenaissance is in full swing.

Then they can see if Way is interested in riding the Umbrella Academy wave or maybe we'll get Flex Mentallo the series.

I legitimately liked the first episode on the acting and charm alone, but now I'm along for the full weird ride.

Cut him some cake too.

Not everyone's James McAvoy and even he struggled a lot on Glass. I'm imagining a tv show has a shorter time margin for shooting scenes and a considerably lower bar for a particularly hard skill. But she's a short feisty latina with nice tiddies and a pretty face so I'm ignoring it for now. Fraser's voice acting is really great tho.

She's bad to the point of distraction user, and there are many hotter women out there.

ACTUALLY underrated

Do you see them?

>user you are a star
>saying this before watching the episode
hypercrisis is real

no but they are very shapely

>Grant Morrison fans
Yup, that's me.

T.Hanks

I'm having a really hard time finding out if this can even appeal to people who don't already like Doom Patrol

The fact that the first episode conflict is basically already resolved and this episode was mostly just an exploration into who Nobody is, at least on a surface level, has to feel jarring to people who don't know what or where the story is going.

At the moment it's just doing the Preacher Amazon series thing. Threads are being laid for later stories, the plot is sort of moving, there's fun gore, and there's an enormous bitch as a female protagonist.

Just don't get married. He took the fall so that we could learn from him, user. A real hero and a real human bean.

Attached: sad squirrel.jpg (358x442, 77K)

I didn't knew shit about Doom Patrol and I am quite enjoying the show.

So in 40+ years, Larry has never tried to hash things out with the negative spirit? That seems like something you'd have done by at least year 2.

I’ve just gotten to the three Holy shits in a row and this was great.

So I'm really a huge fucking casual to comics as a whole but doesn't Doom Patrol constantly get pretty much destroyed in each iteration to some degree, like half the team always seems to die or separate?
Also, how often does Doom Patrol run in with other DC Heroes/Villains? They feel like they work well with the more Urban Fantasy DC Comics than the other types too. Like that Frankenstein series and Justice League Dark?

Judging by some of the reactions on twitter people seem to be liking this show. It also has had more positive reactions than Titans.

The fact that the show is weird, it has a cast of strange and broken characters,a good cast for the most part (Crazy Jane being the weakest link) not to mention this show will be the first introduction to the Doom Patrol for a lot of people (meaning less pre-conceived expectations about the characters) makes people more open to liking it.

I've only had exposure to DP through TT but I can easily recognize the "story" hasn't started and we are still setting up the stakes.
Pretty great so far.

Awww, I really thought the ATM would be Danny.

Usually at the start or end of a run, members die or leave the team

iirc he's supposed to show up later

This scene really made me want to play a Fallout.

Attached: Lets go sunning it's so good for you.jpg (1893x849, 65K)

Crap did not mean to reply to another post.

>Also, how often does Doom Patrol run in with other DC Heroes/Villains?
Robotman has a good working relationship with Will Magnus, who's enough of a mad scientist that he can fill in on repair duty when the Chief's busy being evil and/or dead. Beast Boy gives them a direct link to the Titans, so if shit *really* hits the fan they can probably scream for mainstream cape backup if necessary but generally the major league heroes view the Doom Patrol with polite caution. They're good at the weird stuff like the painting that ate Paris, but the team is a wee bit bit cursed and you don't want to catch whatever it is they've got.

I was worried about cyborg clashing with the rest of the team, but imo he provides a nice foil to the rest of the freaks a "legitimate hero"

I'm guessing Rita gave birth to a deformed kid that she gave away because it disgusted her. Like how she reacted to the one armed cameraman in the first episode.

Also I'm guessing Larry's residual radiation killed his family and lover.

Promo for next week episode

youtu.be/T-Ae0pLegJc

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22-21-29-41.png (1280x720, 555K)

Looks great.

I like how natural the swearing sounds. Sometimes shows seem to want a pat on the back for swearing but it's just dialogue in this.

Does Rita gross anyone out? Like her entire character concept makes me uncomfortable.

Attached: 1377278184512.jpg (323x323, 60K)

Why is it the Doom Patrol always has really bad or neutral bad endings to a run? Is it some canon curse or something else?

Literally babby's first body horror
I agree, even the "holy shit"s in this episode sounded natural

Is the cockroach preacher Mr. Nobody or just some random sentient cockroach?

Danny better be in this fucking series. I don’t care how diverse the character is, I will defend Danny to the death.

He's credited as "ezekiel the cockroach", make of that what you will.

It's the sixth member of the Doom Patrol. He was a normal cockroach until someone in an electric wheelchair ran over his parents and spilled nuclear waste on him. His powers are seeing the future but if he tells anyone that future it is rendered void and a new future is written.

In telling us that the apocalypse is coming he actually saved us all.

Give to me straight, is Cyborg going to bring the show down or do ok?

All rationale aside, I ordered DCU for this series. Rewatched some old animated movies. Gonna start the GL series next. Shit was worth it.

he good

He's great. He definitely isn't the problem character/actress.

Of the various adaptations Cyborg has gotten which is this one closest to?

It's only been one episode but he seems distinct from any. We haven't seen him enough to tell.

Maybe the new Young Justice? He’s not being sold as THE BLACK JLAer. He’s just a good kid.

Otherwise they wouldn't be the Doom Patrol.

In reality, the creator of the Doom Patrol back when he was writing it learned that DC was going to cancel the series due to low sales, so he decided to end his run on the most dramatic way possible: Killing them all (and remenber, this was back in 1968). Only Beast Boy and Mento, who weren't actual members of the Doom Patrol, survived.

Cyborg is the most functional one that can live in the regular world. Kind of the opposite of the token freakguy he usually is.

Just some sentient cockroach

Apparently it's something the showrunner has been wanting to do for a while

Did this episode have Titans references that make the continuity even more confusing or is it just me?

This is amazing. I love this.

It's not that I'm afraid of body horror. I've watched those mexican cartel videos while eating. It's just this particular thing is just gross to me.

It's a shame they didn't save Boomer so he could act with his own body and do a proper gay love story playing Middy to someone else's Apollo since DC Universe is likely the only place will ever see that as a live action adaptation

No? Doesn't this events happens before Gar even becomes BB?

Possibly

Attached: D0DM1ZYX0AAwYEX.jpg (2048x1152, 179K)

Creator said they're keeping to their own continuity but some people are trying to explain it away like that

>First is Superboy and Krypto
>Last is Fire

>Robin is a murderer
>Raven is a murderer
>Beast Boy is a murderer
>Starfire is a murderer
>Superboy not only is a murderer but he also murders innocent people

Jesus Christ.

Second is Raven

Oh that's really neat.
Where are the Doom Patrol positioned in the grand scheme of things when it comes to DC Heroes and Villains? Fantasy/Urban Fantasy like Constantine or the campy Sc-Fi Pulp Fiction genre like Astounding Stories?

Doom Patrol feels like they'd team up with Project M/SHADE/Creature Commandos or something...

>everyone immediately gives into the fantasy illusions
>cyborg is too experienced for that trick
It's a nice inversion of his role. Probably the only way they could do him with looking dumb since Robotman is already there.

I really liked Legion but Doom Patrol is on-track to become a favorite of mine

Doom Patrol sector is weirdness, really, it's the best way to describe most of the runs, and the runs that aren't weird are the disliked ones

Did Cyborg hit those showers?

It occurs to me that cyborg is the only one of the group with a functional dick

>naked man with dog

Attached: AJ Lays Trap.jpg (462x443, 30K)

The status of Larry's dick is unconfirmed. Could be it wasn't burned up too bad.

Once Rita masters shapeshifting she'll be able to go futa mode.

surprising cyborg is cool but jane still sucks she's the worst part everything else is great

She was limited this episode in what she had to do and still fucked up. Meanwhile Cyborg stole the show. Wasn't expecting that beforehand.

Cyborgs tech looks really clunky, even when you put it next to Flint's Ork tier body the head piece looks so weird it throws me off.
Its good he is acting well above the rest or I might actually prefer the Justice League Cyborg.

odd how Cyborg looks better than in the justice league movie

Always baffled me how later interpretations always upped his robot to human ratio on him. kinda defeats the point of being a cyborg if 80% is robot. I think it started after he joined the JL. More modern versions seemed to fix that though. I think he even regrew his body in a 2016? solo run. Something about Grid gaining sentience and separating from him taking all the tech with him and leaving him a torso. Now he's kind of a high tech hybrid cyborg.

New52 Cyborgs "literally only the upper right part of my face is flesh" was awful and it sucks its come back. I think that was the DCYou one right? This design?

Also they need to stop tying his origin to 4th World,

Attached: 3e7864d62874be6929fad235c5a347f7.jpg (736x1135, 185K)

i dont think so
Looks like his full body is robotic

Attached: cyborg.jpg (1365x617, 88K)

He still has fingers like the DCYou design, in fact I think it might be partially based on that design

Attached: Doom-Patrol-Season-1-Ep-02-05.jpg (1000x667, 86K)

Titans established that Doom Manor is on Danny Street

Ehhhh, it might not be yet

I never thought I'd say this but I want to see more about Ezekiel the roach

Do you think they'll explain away the guys not knowing Gar by saying the Chief fucked with their memories if they go the Morrison route?

Can't remember the specifics I skimmed it just to see what was going on but I forgot to follow up and read the 80s Cloak and Dagger instead, good shit.

Pretty sure the 4th World is there new go to as to not make him too obsolete.

I think they will have already said it simply isn't canon to Titans.

They have but there's straight up easter egg references in this episode specifically to the Titans versions of characters. I think they're trying to bamboozle us

Also again the stuff about Cyborgs casting call being potentially moved to Titans after Doom Patrol

They've snuck him into a couple of the group posters, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes more appearances.

Attached: DC Universe DOOM PATROL Poster 03.jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

He's also in the opening credits.

do you think they're going to the niles caused all their accidents twist?

Who is the Brazilian woman?

Attached: Doom Patrol - S01E02 - Donkey Patrol-00h10m39s180t.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

Definitely. Ritas goop being a moving/living thing, that conveniently stopped truck, the fact he called them his experiments in the first episode. Only one I'm a little cnfused by is how he set-up Larry

Fire from JLI

Attached: 4525966-2138293-77826_117198_fire_super.jpg (400x602, 80K)

collider.com/doom-patrol-jeremy-carver-interview/
>CARVER: Yes. In Episode 2, there’s the introduction of a Doom’s Day prophet-in-the-making cockroach. I would keep a very close eye on him because he just might be supervillain-in-the-making.

Just started the second episode, but I just have to register my love of Tudyk as Nobody real quick.

It has to be
>Superboy and Krypto
>Raven's mom
>all the shit that went down in Detroit
>Doom Patrol
>Starfire

It's Starfire

do you guys think DC universe is going to do a justice league show or is all the talk of vic joining the JL just like, world building or whatever?

I thought he was going to be the worst bit but he's great. Especially the cartoony smile.

They really couldn’t get Gilbert Gottfried for the roach? Was he too busy?

It is weird that they kinda just handwave over the Justice League and how adamant Vic's father was on just fucking abandoning his mission

Like a full fucking town of over EIGHT THOUSAND people disappeared, it wasn't some rinky dink nowhere

oh my god that would have absolutely and unironically kino

They wanted Booger from Revenge of the Nerds

That's actually very Doom Patrol. Paris vanished into a painting once.

After todays episode, I'm back on board with them being in the same continuity and we're getting lied to like said

>Starfire
How so? She's not Brazillian and Fire is. Also Starfire wouldn't have been to Detroit going by the current Titans timeline

my guess with the JL is that they (WB) wants to keep them exclusively in movies, like how batman and death stroke dont appear in the cw shows for the same reasons

Just worldbuilding. Titans did the same thing. I wouldn't mind eventually running into the JL(between Dick, Conner, Donna in Titans and potentially Wally in Stargirl it'd be weird to not run into at least one, espacially since rumor is they're casting a Lex for Titans) but I don't think they need their own shows.

Deathstroke is confirmed for Titans S2 tho

The League DEFINITELY exists in the CWverse, they’ve all but said so and The Flash’s daughter from the future directly referenced it. Not saying that the CWverse is in-canon with the Titans and Doom Patrol, but it looks like they’re heading to its formation after the Crisis next year.

His vertically uneven eyes bother the fuck out of my OCD

I just want to know how they’ll beat Trigon in one or two episodes and still keep his threat level high. Also super curious about anything having to do with Swamp Thing. Any word about whether they’ll do a stealth pilot like they did with Doom Patrol? That would be a really good practice going forward, and it would work with Swampy since he’s dysmorphic as fuuuuuck.

Calling it now, at the end of the series everyone dies except Cyborg, who leaves to mope around with the Titans.

Yeah, we’re not gonna make it.

Attached: 45FDDF9B-75A9-4FE3-837B-4E9E1E146F4E.jpg (2000x2000, 736K)

Kind of a forgone conclusion I mean this show can't possibly be cheap with the level of talent it has and the licensed music probably doesn't help much either

Did Cliffs design change much between Titans and DP? Larry looks pretty different

Reminder that Dorothy Spinner and Flex Mentallo are going to show up

Batman was in Titans

Different Chiefs, too. It will probably be addressed at some point.

And Tempest, Mento, and Danny the Street

On the bright side. Dying is what the Doom Patrol does

How is it we get a shitshow like Teen Titans but Doom Patrol is fucking incredible?

Swamp Thing is its own continuity, so no appearance in Doom Patrol first or future connections to Doom Patrol/Titans. It's likely Stargirl will also be its own thing since from DP/T and ST since it's meant to be a more PG-13, lighter tone show; but it hasn't gotten a definitive confirmation yet.

Cliff looks mostly the same. Larry had a moving mouth hole, wore sunglasses and a button up shirt and tie in Titans, but now his mouth is fully bandaged, he wears goggles and a turtleneck.

It's in the name

Attached: AdoredSardonicKid-max-1mb.gif (280x158, 790K)

I'd love to say the sole reason is better source material, but really it's because one of the Titans showrunners is Hollywood hack Akiva Goldsman.

Try watching Titans, much better. >yfw they reveal Blackfire to actually be Blackfire and the real Starfire is a smoking hot Brazilian

I think season 2 of Titans will be much better. Shows like this live or die by fan response, and their margin for error on a venture like this is too small to ignore most reviews saying some variation of “good if you can get past the gloom and darkness that makes some portions of the first season a chore to get through.”

If they want there to be a third season, and if they want this channel to be successful, they have to lighten the tone drastically.

But it's not just the plot, it's everything:
>The actors
>The production values
>The characters on Titans are just lame versions of themselves
>FUCK BATMAN (aka the tone)
>The lightning
>The colours
>The editing
It's like they weren't even trying in Titans.

>>The actors
How did they even get Dalton? That's the type of casting I expect for a film

That scene was really out of place
Which is why it works so well, even too well, for the context

Jesus Christ Nobody’s terrifying.

He isn't very busy. Most he's done in the past 10 years is Penny Dreadful, a handful of episodes of Chuck, and the porcupine toy in Toy Story 3 and its shorts. Real question is why Hollywood doesn't want him.

Yes, I know. Like I said: Hollywood hack Akiva Goldsman is one of the showrunners. As showrunner he'd be making decisions on most of those things.

As far as production values, I suspect Titans was kneecapped by a lack of faith. As the premiere flagship for a brand new niche streaming service, producers wouldn't want to take a lot of risks. But since Titans turned out to be a modest hit, Doom Patrol reaped the rewards with higher budget. That's just speculation though.

I am really loving Larry’s pathos. He’s usually so out of it in the comics that I’ve never really connected with him. I really wasn’t expecting him to stajdnout so much.

Also, better Deadpool-style makeup than Deadpool.

I love Curtis’ voice

Nah, to me it felt like they realized they made a disaster and then tried to reshoot it into not a disaster. They cut two whole episodes, they focused on the two worst parts of the show (Raven and Starfire).
From the way the show is it's very apparent someone came in, said "what the fuck are you doing to Teen Titans" and tried to fix it. They almost did it too.
Titans clearly started as an Arrow/Nolan take and then they tried to make it less that. Why else would Beast Boy only have green hair and only turn into one animal, but then have a quick throwaway line about it being all he's tried to do so far? I predict that season two's ending will look more like the comics, specifically Geoff John's run, because they realized that's what people want.

Attached: SEP120242_1.jpg (1200x1754, 380K)

>Also, better Deadpool-style makeup than Deadpool.
I agree. But I give Deadpool the benefit that it needed to do more action and scenes with it.

The thing that really jarrs me about Titans is the sloppy writing. The writers obviously had no good idea how to incorporate Beast Boy into the team so they just wrote some lazy sloppy bullshit way of being part of the group.

Then theres Robin going: herp a derp we got to learn each others moves now cause we need to work as a team because the show is called team Titans.

And then there's Starfire randomly "loving" the raven girl and being best friends for absolutely no reason despite that they just met.

Ugh. It's just another low IQ writer kind of show

This. Titans has been in development for WAAAAAY too long. It was announced back in 2014 for TNT. The original version didn't even had Beast Boy, instead it had a love triangle between Dick, Starfire and Oracle. It really seems like halfway through the development someone realized the show was turning out to be a disaster and tried desperately to fix it. Don't be surprised if next season they start singing "If there is trouble, you know who to call".

Hey, we wouldn’t have season 2 of Arrow if we didn’t also have season 1, and we all remember how incredibly rough those first twelve episodes were.

Yeah, then season 3, 4 and on happened.

Just remembered that Deathstroke was the villain in season 2 Arrow.

Attached: C2916651-ECF4-4FFD-8149-96C04AFB0FA2.jpg (659x659, 99K)

POINT BEING. Season 2 of Arrow was very good, and Titans might be too, if they listen to the fans and the critics. People are fucking tired of grimndark superheroes.

I hope you're right. At any rate they have to at least be seeing the difference in reception between Titans and DP and asking themselves how they can keep that up.

My point is that it was a fluke and not some formula or system for making a good second season from a bad first season.

>OLIVER I KNOW ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS WOULD BE SOLVED IF WE JUST STOPPED BEING MEAT HEADS AND TALKED LIKE A NORMAL ADULT BUT I ASSUME THE TRUTH I THINK IT REAL IS TRUE SO YOU MUST DIE

Yeah, Slade went fucking crazy for awhile there. It was like the Revenant, where he became so focused on revenge that it was all he could see. Having one eye couldn’t have helped much there.

Fair enough. Especially since Arrow’s been really bad at listening to fan/critical reaction since then.

Arrow is a case where the writers really really wanted to write about Batman but were obviously not allowed to be let anywhere near landing a Batman show so they just disregarded every single thing about Green Arrow and just pretended he was Batman.

So we ended up with just exactly the same kind of plots you would expect of an actual Batman show but with Green Arrow instead, which couldn't be further from how Ollie actually is in the cartoons and comics

What do you mean? You don't remember the time Ra's tried to make Oliver his successor?

He was dosed up on Mirakuru too

I'm just glad that the comic's been back on track since Rebirth. And if Birds of Prey is good, we could get an Errol Flynn-style Green Arrow movie.

If DC had a brain, they'd go through with that idea that was being pitched of the Green Lantern Corps movie being Lethal Weapon with Hal Jordan and John Stewart. They could even keep Hal Jordan as a general sector protector while Stewart spends most of his time after the movie protecting Earth, enabling him to be the token black character for Justice League.

>Tempest
Aqualad

Until they get rid of Goyer, that movie doesn't stand a chance.

>Lazarus as the end song

RIP

Haven't they already? His mitts haven't been on a DC movie since BvS.

I thought you were exaggerating about Akiva Goldsman like all of Yea Forums usually does but what the fuck? I don't want to personally attack anyone but he did a lot of crappy movies. rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/akiva_goldsman

Oh damn, good. News comes out so infrequently about that one that I never bother to check in on it. Fuckin wild that we're getting a New Gods movie before they even know what to do with one of their most visually appealing properties. I wonder if they can get Mark Strong back for Sinestro; he was absolutely the best part of the first movie. Back-handed compliment of the year.

>I wonder if they can get Mark Strong back for Sinestro
Ehhh, probably not. He's Dr. Sivana now in Shazam

Oh shit that’s right. Now I’m all excited again.

You mean Bowie's Lazarus? Haven't seen yet.

Counterpoint: the better GLC movie is Training Day, but with Hal as the rookie and Sinestro as the Denzel character trying to get him dirty.

Yeah, it was an odd but really poignant and refreshing song choice. I also listened to Blackstar recently so I was taken aback by it suddenly showing up here.

>episode 2

Feels like they're starting to try too hard to be liked here..

Also, it sucks how the narrator turned out to be the bad guy. Which means there won't be any more narration once the baddie gets his ass beat.

Also, Jane's actress's lack of acting chops and limited repertoire is as disappointing as ever.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-23-13-28-09-543_com.android.chrome.png (1280x720, 285K)

Starfire's look was based on 1980's Brazilian models

>how the narrator turned out to be the bad guy
user, you can't be this slow.

Cyborg is distractingly short

I like him, and he really sold me on his presence in this episode, but I’m worried he’ll follow the same story beats as in Young Justice.

And he’s the third smartest man on the planet.

But who do you think made the list?

Also he stole Prof. Steins S Cube idea.

Attached: 52351DF2-F92D-4CE7-A74B-DCBCEF2D30D3.jpg (1242x1790, 1.13M)

So assuming this gets a season 2 who's the next big bad they'll use? Have Nobody create the Brotherhood of Dada? A more classic villain like the Brain? What about the chances of my boy Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man showing up?

Go Dada or Go Home.

I like Doom Patrol a lot so far but I think I'll still like Legion a bit more thought that's mainly because I really dig Noah Hawley.

Season 4 of Fargo this year!

Noah Hawley is great. Can only imagine what it would be like if he was the showrunner of DP.

Filming. It comes out next year.

I think The Brain.

You know that shit looks like a slim jim

The guy they got did the first five seasons of Supernatural, so the show’s in damn good hands. Noah Hawley would probably make something approximate to what we have, maybe a little higher concept, but the really weird shit is still in the offing, so who knows?

They will be pulling from all versions of the Doom Patrol so I can see this. They'd better have Mallah with him. It's 2019 and the world is ready for disembodied brain/ape love.

I personally think Brain and Mallah would work better as part of a villain team not necessarily carry a full season alone.

If they do that issue, I hope they do a straight adaptation where it's just those two and Cliff’s disembodied brain helplessly watching.

Do Brain and the Brotherhood of Evil, then have Mr. Nobody return for Brotherhood of Dada in season 3
Other things I'd like to see in future seasons (but by no means make up a whole season) would be the Forgotten Heroes and Villains, so they could introduce Animal Man and maybe adapt some Morrison stuff with him.

>Buddy on the Doom Patrol
Would this work?

Not really. Buddy’s personal life is pretty idyllic and he adapted to powers without too much fuss. Dude’s pretty well adjusted all around despite seeing some serious shit.

To correct, I don't want him on the DP, but if they could tie him into Caulder (like they did with Vic) so that they could do stuff with him without having to cast a whole new show, that'd be a great chance to adapt Morrison AM

>Animal Man
I've been thinking about him a lot recently. It'd be great if they introduce him on Doom Patrol and have it act as a backdoor for his own show, like how the DP appeared on Titans. Buddy wouldn't even need a full show, a miniseries is more than enough.

Wait for Swamp Thing to introduce the green then bring Buddy in there.

I think Swamp Thing is a better place to introduce Buddy, because of The Red and The Green

Shit, I forgot they're doing Swamp Thing. And with James Wan too. I'm gonna have to keep this service after all.

Why not both?

In user's defense it was only the first scene of the show

>Rita: The donkey was a door.
>Cliff: WHAT?
>Rita: The donkey was a door!
>Rita: I see what you did there, and I hate you.

I don't get it.

Somebody explain?

Pretty sure it's from when earlier in the episode where Cliff says the donkey is a door and Rita asks him to repeat it. It's the same dialogue but the roles are switched.

Swamp Thing isn't connected to Doom Patrol and Titans.

And as it stands right now, there's no connection from this Doom Patrol to the one in Titans. Things can change.

Doom Patrol has references to events in Titans and has been stated as being in the same universe by execs at a time when Doom Patrol was entering the filming stage. Sure, things could change for Swamp Thing, but don't pull things out of your ass.

Tudyk is great in pretty much everything he's in.

>Swamp Thing isn't connected to Doom Patrol and Titans.
Good. The absolute last thing I want is Robin getting his ass down to Louisiana and saying "Fuck Alec Holland". Not everything has to be a shared universe. Netflix tried it and all the Marvel shows culminated in Defenders and it was shit.

BoP looks like a train wreck user.

>"Fuck Alec Holland"
Why would he say that? FFS at least watch the fucking show you're complaining about, you look like a fucking idiot

I wanna say the reason Titans felt stilted is because they are way more recognizable so there was a set of standards writers were afriad to push. Its why we got trigon bullshit again right off the bat.
Doom Patrol doesnt have that so they can get away with this zaniest shit they have been doing.
I hope Titans gets better. And stop caring about cartoonfags and just write a fucking comic book.

I'm one of the three new people who stuck around after the donkey fart.

The funniest part is that I don't think many cartoon fans watched Titans, I'm sure most of them were fans of the comic versions of the Teen Titans (or Nightwing), Zack Snyder or DC in general

Alot actually either did liked it or once again complain about muh cartoon. Dont know what the guck Zack Synder has to do with anything unless its a grimark joke.

While Titans fekt faithful they was still that visibility holding them back. Its a problem Superman and Batman adaptations have. Everyone want Donner Superman and pepole flip flop about Batman

Vic breaking into the mansion was funny.
>He runs into Jane
>She turns into Flaming Katy and tries to incinerate him.

>He was a normal cockroach until someone in an electric wheelchair ran over his parents and spilled nuclear waste on him.
Damn you Niles!

>It's 2019 and the world is ready for disembodied brain/ape love.
A rarer sentence, I never did see.

>>Brenaissance
>I see this word all the time in these sort of threads. What does it mean?
his life and career went to shit after riding high with the movies The Mummy
youtube.com/watch?v=6cNGQFTyfIg
youtube.com/watch?v=yKi0pJi0Wvs

now hes back

Attached: B R E N A S S I A N C E.png (827x780, 1.36M)

cyborg ruined this show god he's so boring, he's everywhere, why is he in this show

Calm down you fucking faggot. It's just a joke at the expense of "Fuck Batman" the point is these shows dont have to be connected.

Young Justice might show disembodied brain/ape love first

>Not everything has to be a shared universe. Netflix tried it and all the Marvel shows culminated in Defenders and it was shit.

Iron Fist S1 = shit
Jessica Jones S1= shit to mediocre
Daredevil = mediocre
Luke Cage S1 = shit to mediocre
why would anyone think putting them all together would be a good idea when their own shows where still shit.

Doom Patrol appear in episode 4, it was coincidentally the best episode of the show too.

Although, I have a soft spot for episode 11 because it reminded me a lot of Over the Edge from new TAS.

I would say cyborg is actually pretty close to the comics version, after some character development. He just looks well adjusted because he's being compared to the rest of the doom patrol.

The one who is really different from all other interpretations so far is his father. Silas always leaned towards the cience experiment side, and he always wanted his son to be someone great, but he was always seen as detached and remote so this is really the first time we see him so controlling that it's like he has his son on a leash.

Fraser career suddenly stopping wasn't just because of the divorce
> gq.com/story/what-ever-happened-to-brendan-fraser

tl;dr is
- worked himself to the bone by doing stunts
- mother died of cancer
- had three kids, one on the autism spectrum
- divorce
- was molested by some exec, resulting in depression and potential blacklisting

Attached: Brendan-Fraser.jpg (1200x800, 173K)

Legion > Poop Patrol

It's a portmanteau of Brendan and Renaissance.
for fucks sake.

Attached: 1549689704407.png (184x184, 73K)

Can't believe the day's finally arrived where I've wanted more John Stewart.

Legion is the new Rick and Morty

Attached: you need 200iq to fully understand it.png (481x450, 442K)

Smart brother.

In that Affair Interview Brendan looked he was bullied his entire life. Seeing him ooze confidence as Cliff during flashbacks in Doom Patrol was very reminiscent of his Mummy days, he's definitely back on the horse, I hope Doom Patrol will be THE comeback for his career.

I wouldn't rule it out though. I mean, Buddy and Cliff have a lot in common. They are both famous and both have families, it's just one of them lost that.

Buddy and Cliff episode would be great I think.

Is it too late for another The Mummy sequel?
How about Brendan showing up in the Dark Universe as O'Connell and he takes on Tom Cruise

They made me like Cyborg, so I like this show.

An episode centered around Buddy, Cliff, Victor and Garfield would be max comfy.

Rita can make one herself.

Should I watch this? How much SJW bullshit is in it?

Attached: Adorable-Baby-Goat-Surfing-Sheeps-Head-VIDEO.png (576x397, 95K)

After great first one this one was just okay. Still above capeshit though. Cyborg is even written well and sill boring and they should stop forcing him. And I don't like all these JL references since there are no acutal JL anyway. I mean, if DCEU was actually decent and JL was a thing, it would work but not this way when you're just assuming that JL exists while never seeing it.

>And I don't like all these JL references since there are no acutal JL anyway.
It's just name dropping, instead of pressing his son to go to Harvard, he's pressuring him into the highest possible spotlight in the hero path, JL. Honestly it's really minor.

>How much SJW bullshit is in it
none so far

Dalton's a really respectable actor because he doesn't just jump for any role offered to him. The guy insists on reading scripts, proses, source material (if there is any), etc. before agreeing to anything. My guess is he really has faith in this show or else he would've just turned the offer down.

>Which means there won't be any more narration once the baddie gets his ass beat.
That's not how Nobody works.

was the donkey beast boy?

> german gayboi squad wearing shorts

>Hot fuzz was more than 10 years ago
How did nobody want him after that?

The donkey was a door.

Hollywood already has an issue with villains being more charismatic than heroes. I can't imagine what it must be like trying to win the audience off Timothy Dalton.

What?

They'll probably go Moore/Morrison mixed with Lemire and have him show up in Swamp Thing

Yeah but Carver and Bowlby said it's not

>And if Birds of Prey is good
One big ass if

Attached: D0E7K_GWkAAskB_.jpg (1364x2048, 366K)

they probably meant that there won´t be any crossovers between the two and both shows are standalone, at least for now.

Nah Bowlby said she doesn't know Gar at all. Again unless they're going the route of Chief fucked with their memories

What if Cliff has found out about his daughter before now?

It's not an if. There's literally no hope.

Actually he's quite good in the single episode we've seen him in.

That and the fact in this continuity he's been cyborg for 5 years already so he's used to the whole superheroics thing and some of the weirdness it entails.

I'm kinda surprised people liked the Pilot more and thought this one was weak(in comparison). I liked the Pilot but I liked this episode way more, and actually liked Cyborg which I did not expect.

So whatre the probabilities of getting the Brotherhood of Dada together in this show?

Well first off this isn't part of the DCEU. And second the point was to establish that they live in a world where these people exist but in the context of the story they have no reason to meet the JL

If the Justice League existed in the real world it'd be reasonable to assume people would be talking about or referencing them in everyday life.

It's just world building, man. We dont always need to see things for them to exist and we dont need to see everything.

90% if not higher. You can't have Nobody without them surely.

It was actually $50,000 a month in "spousal support" AND an additional $25,000 per month for child support

>Base an actor's payout on the most successful career of his life
>Pays out the nose trying to keep his divorced wife in a state that even he can't enjoy
The US legal system everybody.

Wow, I can't believe they won me over on Cyborg being here in one episode. I like how he's the up-and-coming pro hero who's going to try and lead the Doom Patrol to actually saving the day for once.

I almost wish he wasn't so based so Crazy Jane wouldn't seem so far off the rest.

Doesn't help that at least some of her Personas are only in there for the Morrison Run Nostalgia (Looking at you Sun Daddy).

Tudyk might just be my favorite thing about this show

Seriously though, Sun Daddy did fuck all.

I loved his delivery of "Welcome back to the shitshow everyone". Guy's a damn treasure.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: grantmorrison1[1].jpg (650x400, 101K)

>Dazed and confused Brazilian woman, with glowing green eyes, found walking into traffic on freeway in Downtown Detroit; police suspect fould play.
JLI show when?

Attached: d34cd92b85dae1e302a3beefbe89d9b5[1].jpg (630x941, 181K)

We were all Cliff in that scene.

Attached: youre so fucked.png (854x386, 216K)

If the word ‘fuck’ was two more inches to the left, it would’ve went in your brain!

Is that the fucking beaver corpse from her book?

Fuck Batman was a scene that not only worked, but it logically made sense in the context of the show. The one you didn't watch

The donkey was a door.

The actress is bad, which can be worked around sort of. The character is just stupid though.

Like in the comics it worked because the focus was on the abstract nature of the universe, but having a character with 64 powers and no discernible weakness isn't fun. Especially when the thing that makes her broken enough to be in the Doom Patrol only ever helps her.

I am really not a fan.

>no discernible weakness

I mean, aside from literally having DID, which makes interaction with anyone who isn’t familiar with her disorder into an absolute nightmare. Literally what are you talking about? One of her personalities tries to kill everything around her, cannot he controlled and comes out regardless of Jane’s wishes.

>no discernible weaknesses

Yes it is

her only weaknesses are having trouble talking to new people and being too powerful that she can go out of control and kill everyone?

is she a Mary Sue?

Again. She has Disassociated Identity Disorder. Literally. She has little to no ability to function in society. Her brain is completely fucked and a normal life is as far out of her grasp as it is Cliff’s. That’s why they’re a natural match, because of how conditions that they never asked for have them trapped in a life they have no choice but to live.

What I wouldn’t give for a JLI sitcom. This is the variety DCU needs.

Apparently your weakness is being a raging retard

Disappointing episode to be honest

>Fraser's publicist announced in December 2007 that the couple had decided to divorce.[35][36] In early 2013, Fraser petitioned the courts for a reduction of his alimony and child support payments, asserting that he was unable to meet the annual obligation of $900,000; Smith, in turn, accused Fraser of hiding financial assets.[37] As of February 2018, Fraser lives near Bedford, New York.[38]

and now hes getting DCbucks. rise of the brenessainace

They kinda play with it. Silas says "In a few years you're gonna make it into the Justice League", and he's a well-known superhero with fans, but not exactly top League yet. Honestly, he feels much closes to the "Titans" series atmosphere right now, very "into" the whole superhero business.

Yeah, but his dad also wants to start 'upgrading' him, and removing his human parts so he can be more powerful. Joining the League sounds less like something Vic wants than something he's convinced himself he wants because of how important it is to his dad.

Beast Boy's flashback from Titans pretty much implied just that.

>It is weird that they kinda just handwave over the Justice League and how adamant Vic's father was on just fucking abandoning his mission
My guess is that the JL kinda disbanded since the five years flashback. They were more of a thing when Dick Grayson and Dona Troy were teenagers.

You should work on your own shitty opinion first

It will be...

You don't go to the UN headquarters or interact with their peacekeepers every day, but they exist and are mentioned by the people and on the news.

Yeah, and Robin's actor said Batman is a killer, whom Robin ran away from. Actors are payed to act, but they are not required to be smart.

Source?
Sounds fucking great

The comic books?

That was complete headcanon I'm afraid. I just want that to be his backstory.

>Like how she reacted to the one armed cameraman in the first episode.
I didn't even notice the dude's arm. I just assumed it was because the dude was black and it was the 1950s.

They replaced him with another black guy. That wasn't the problem.

Where the fuck can I watch this

there's a mega link in the thread

Should have searched for mega instead of www, thanks.

She’s incredibly shallow and horrified by deformity. She would’ve had the same reaction if the director was a dwarf or in some other way, bodily different from the norm.

That's in the future after the 'upgrades' to make him look more like real cyborg.

I was wondering why the painting depicted him in his usual design instead of the streamlined look that we’ve seen thus far.

We all know titans would be extremely popular if they didn't have such retarded designs for the non-robins.

and had any actual talent in the writing room. Its a shame, Team Robin is good and so was Batmans Robin but I just don't care much about the rest of the Team. The music around starfires fight scenes was pretty cool though, nice touch.

We already know Beast Boy is screwed because any fightscene he's in would take too much budget, raven will probably take a secondary role next season due to plot, so really the ones who will have to make the difference will be starfire and donna.

An on another note, after more than 6 million views I guess we can say that delaying the trailer until the last moment was a good decision.

its likely to be Donna because she mostly requires wire-work, where as starfire would need more cgi, no? Surprised they're using Rita and Larry though, I imagine they eat budget like a fucker too.

Well larry this episode took a lot of the budget, but if you think about it rita barely showed any powers besides the scene of her eye going inside the donkey.

But beast boy would be much worse than either of them, because while the effects on the former can look fake and still look as it is supposed to, beast boy has a lot more variety of transformations than blob or energy spirit, and they have to look and move realistically to be believable.

True, good point. Same with the Raven powerset they've gone with this time around too, with her STAND [DARKER THAN BLACK] powers instead of a generic super-black they could have just super-imposed.

A leaker on Reddit said a main character is going to die in Titans next season (not pernanently though).

It's 100% going to be either Beast Boy (the leaker hinted towards that) or Raven.

Well if it is judas contract, then beast boy being killed by deathstroke is part of the plot.

Beast Boy will probably come back via The Red shenanigans

Yeah but Raven definitely has a tendency to die and be resurrected later on, so it's likely the leaker was just misdirecting (he said someone dies but it's resurrected later and also later said Beast Boy has a really sad scene)

>How much SJW is in it
>Doom Patrol

Get out and NEVER come back.

Who is he holding?

Out of all the superhero shows that I’ve seen, this and Legion are the two that feel most like comic books. Just going all in, not being in the least bit ashamed and not even TRYING to make their product ‘realistic.’ Legends gets closest, of the main stream shows, but even that show could go harder on the abstract weird shit that they could be doing. Meanwhile, I could absolutely see this show’s Nobody riding Abbie Hoffman’s bike while Robotman clutches his head and wonders if maybe he has a point while Flex Mentallo makes the Pentagon round.

Shit. Circular, not round.

Legends get closest? Legion I think goes harder, no? maybe its just more abstract. Fuck me, Legion is so fucking good.

Legion definitely goes harder on the abstract shit, but I need to see the second season and probably need to rewatch the first. It’s so damn good but I wasn’t paying nearly enough attention first go around.

Crazy Jane is by far the show's weakest link. She's the one thing keeping it "pretty good" when it could be fantastic.

Oh man, the second season was fun. The first season was a bit more trippy in that it was harder to define reality but the second season is all about second guessing.

I think Jane is just a hard character to do at all, crazies are absolutely the hardest type of characters to do and Jane is one of the craziest, specially since she doesn't have joker meme-insanity but one in specific(or 64 in her case)

She's not great, but she's not that bad either. I'm more disappointed in Larry honestly. I wanted him more like his characterization in Titans.

He really is the Cliff Steele of our Earth

I wonder if they are going with Jane being her real name instead of just the most common personality, with Kay Challis being her original name and base personality

She's failing at every one of them though. Like, I think they have simulated someone with DID by getting an actress who doesn't try to act.

She's weakest link for sure, but I am more engaged in finding out about her and watching her than literally any of the Titans. Bad Doom Patrol is easily tier above Titans even at their best.

I think they'll there, his characterization in Titans was probably like that because they still haven't figured out like how well he can control the entity. So it feels like a bit of a retcon.

Well, it's unclear when exactly Doom Patrol takes place in relation to Titans

yeah, I think Doom Patrol takes a year or so BEFORE Titans. Titans is current year but DP is 2018, no?

Titans happens in late 2017. Doom Patrol seems to happen on early 2019. I think they weren't paying much attention.

>Not everything has to be a shared universe.
This, I mean I wouldn't mind some characters interacting together (like I wouldn't be against Mike Ryan showing in Swamp Thing as Constantine) but all of these shows can stand and should stand on their own.

episode 1 showed it was 2019 as time passed for cliff

Ash Again.

Wait, nevermind. That's from the original trailer.

The "Rita Farr did porn" thing in the first episode, that she has no memory of, makes me think she's the protoplasmic version grown from the original Rita's remains by Caulder. Also I want a series of flashbacks of Timothy Dalton setting up their accidents in the most obvious, cartoonish and dickish ways possible - sawing through the pier Rita fell through, parking that truck across the road that killed Cliff's family, substituting the flight trajectory of Larry's X-1, etc.

>me wanted classic harlequin costume
>me getting stuffed beaver corpse
>canon that we deserve

Yeah, probably. The news make no sense then.

It was fine. Cyborg and Rocketman make a good team up. Jane is the least impressive thing on the show. Mr. Nobody, I can see, becoming annoying as well if he keeps being omniscient

I will bump this simply so it dies due to bump limit.

Now this is epic

>forgetting about Agents of KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=SeotYtIYSlo

>boring human drama vs even more boring human drama

So where are they going with Cyborg? Because it's certainly rather suspicious that the moment Cyborg started pointing out Nobody is afraid of them his dad arrived, and then started spouting the same rhetoric Cyborg did in the donkey dimension word-for-word

Literally this, i felt this a bit with Titans, but this is just miles ahead.
The worldbuilding is fucking amazing and it's not even the focus of the show, the fact that we actually got Cyborg as an established hero and the little nods to the JL just nails down what the Titans did best, which was make it actually feel like this world has people with powers using dumb costumes and codenames and fighting crime.
I never get that with the CW shows, it always feels like it's only the heroes on the shows that exist in that world

This is the reason why Doom Patrol is better then Titans.

I just took that as Victor being a product of his dad, he has no identity of his own and his father used the guilt of his mother's death to motivate him.

Sure, but word-for-word? Not to mention Nobody's comment about all of Vic's posturing being programmed

Nobody knows Cyborg's story and how to get into his head. It's possible his dad works for Nobody, but I really feel like Cyborg's dad is just there to be Cyborg's character conflict. He's a machine desperately trying to be his own man, but his dad guilt tripped him into being his ticket to fame and fortune. I don't see any reason it needs to be more than that.

Hopefully this is enough of DP threads on Yea Forums for a week

no, it's not, I want more!

Attached: MUcBhYm.jpg (1080x1080, 342K)

DOOM PATROL GO

>Timothy Dalton setting up their accidents in the most obvious, cartoonish and dickish ways possible
I want this so bad. Like an extreme Dick Dastardly.

>Daredevil = mediocre
Why do you lie?