CAPTAIN MARVEL Confirms The True Identity Of Mar-Vell

When Carol encounters the Supreme Intelligence, it projects an image of someone from Carol’s memories to her and that’s who Carol sees the Supreme Intelligence as. The Supreme Intelligence projects itself as someone different to everyone it encounters – think of the Bogart in HARRY POTTER, only this involves happiness rather than primal fear – but to Carol, it projects itself as a woman who Brie Larson’s heroine thinks is her mother. However, we soon learn that this woman isn’t her mother. Rather, it’s a Kree in disguise who was a doctor on Earth that saved Carol. But this isn’t just any Kree: it’s Mar-Vell, played in this instance by Annette Bening.

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/captain-marvel-confirms-the-true-identity-of-mar-vell/

Attached: Mar-Vell.jpg (315x467, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/heres-how-nick-fury-loses-an-eye-during-captain-marvel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more like craptain marvel

Also, as many have theorized, Nick Fury's eye is clawed out by Carol's cat Goose, who is actually a shapeshifting Flerken.

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/heres-how-nick-fury-loses-an-eye-during-captain-marvel/

Attached: Top 10 Anime Betrayals.jpg (600x375, 41K)

Big if true.

This is the dumbest fucking movie

isn't this kind of a big spoiler?

What a compelling argument
You've convinced me

Thanks Mr. Shill :)

>shill
Still no argument

>being a shill isn't an argument
I agree, so you should stop shilling :)

>confesses on being a shill
Your not subtle huh

>we soon learn that this woman isn’t her mother.
Car-Ell shit BTFO

>Rather, it’s a Kree in disguise who was a doctor on Earth that saved Carol. But this isn’t just any Kree: it’s Mar-Vell, played in this instance by Annette Bening
So at the end of the day she is still Mar-Vell's legacy, wow.

Now this here is pretty fucking stupid.

What a ridiculous way to lose the eye.

>confess
I don't think you know what that word means user
>lets repeat the same thing until someone makes my argument for me
Still no argument

why is elizabeth warren in this movie?

Car-Ell was ANOTHER case of Marvel trying to guess what Marvel Studios was doing and shooting themselves on the foot. They aren't privy to what goes behind the scenes with Marvel Studios anymore and instead try to capitalize on what the popular rumor is at the time.

The funny thing is that they fucked themselves over by letting a terrible writer retcon a pretty simple origin into a pretty dull "you were destined for greatness" bland shit when Marvel Studios fucking still went with the original one and actually have more understanding of who the Kree are than Stohl ever did. The movie acknowledges Carol as a human/Kree fusion, we get to see the explosion, and we know her case is unique from interviews since the other Kree don't have powers. Stohl treated Carol's powers as her going through late Kree puberty.

So they are stuck with that shit origin and are going to keep it for awhile to save face, until the next writer who has only seen the movies and never read the comics accidentally retcons it.

>>The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.
You know what I hate? Taking something that had weight and reducing it to a petty joke. I refuse to believe the cat takes out Fury's eye.

Attached: download_1.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>this woman isn’t her mother
N-Nani??

Why it's fine to change the skin color or gender of a white male but it is wrong if it's the opposite... you know what? forget about it! that was a dumb question.

Because Marvel Studios didn't make Carol a Kree by birth like all the retards thought she would and went with something similar to her comic origin.

>white male
You mean a Pink male.

You're right, that is a dumb question, because there is a world of difference in terms of the representation of white men compared to the representation of basically everyone else within the history of western media. It's almost like context is important or something.

Ever notice when it's a white female being pushed, the black character is turned into a joke?

I heard from a trusty source that Captain Marvel gets indeed blacked in the ass by Nick furry

>fucked themselves over by letting a terrible writer retcon
This.
You'd have thought they'd have learnt not to do this by now and yet they keep repeating the same mistake.

>So at the end of the day she is still Mar-Vell's legacy, wow
Except Mar-Vell is now a random Kree that turns into a female doctor on Earth. Stupid.

He's pretending to be a scientist named "Doctor Lawson" just like in his original run. Are you fucking retarded?

>context is important
'Words have meaning'
Ahem...
fuck libshits,
fuck humanities & liberal art students
but most importantly fuck Yea Forumsmblr

Well yeah, one of the few good concepts that Diversity and Comics retard came up with is that of purse puppies. Leftist women don't actually want strong independent minority characters, they want cute little sidekicks they can latch on to to show how progressive they are and any success by the minority that can't be blamed on the white woman is taking attention away from the white woman. Just look at that poor bastard Finn in Star Wars.

Now he... I mean she is a woman and never was Captain Marvel.

>He
She, you incel.

>Mar-Vell being turned into a woman that was never Captain Marvel is a good thing
Sad!

The worst part is that they go for the most obvious and shittiest popular rumors and theories that spring from comic message boards and reddit that are spread around by bait sites. They are desperate for ideas and will take anything.

>that time Bendis focused so much on J’son and the Badoon for his early GOTG run, while using ideas he heard about thanks to his position on Marvel’s creative committee
>Gunn doesn’t use the badoon so Bendis starts cramming X-Men shit into the comics, literally saying “you won’t see this in the movies”
>Gunn then makes Ego into Peter’s dad

I made that post referring to Finn, yeah.

>Car-Ell was ANOTHER case of Marvel trying to guess what Marvel Studios was doing and shooting themselves on the foot
I'm still mad about what they did with Rhodey. What a bunch of chucklefucks.

And? Mar-Vell has been dead for so fucking long and now that they're pushing Carol he's still mostly irrelevant and mostly famous for dying. My point was that Carol is still his/her legacy and so much for all that talk of people supposedly wanting to make her, her own character.

Technically his name was Captain Mar-Vell, Marvel was people mispronouncing his name and he just kind of went with it. Other people then took it as a title.

Someone needs to wake the fuck up there and understand they don't need to go chasing MCU canned rumors. Instead of hiring garbage writers on the cheap cough up and pay the extra for talent.

>Bro people called him a name and he took the name so its not really his name
Your argumentation is so unabashedly dishonest it should be on /pol/

It's in his early issues, they call him Marvel and he goes "My name is Mar-vell" read a comic next time.

He is a man in comics. So yes, HE was turned into a woman. HE is non-canonic shit.

Fuck, I'm glad I'm the only one seeing it.

So?
He was Captain Marvel. He was the one who became known as Captain Marvel. He was a hero and died as Captain Marvel. He began the legacy of Captain Marvel. He even led to the other Captain Marvel being renamed Shazam.
Mar-Vell is incredibly influential and important as Captain Marvel, the hero.
I refuse to believe you're actually this retarded.

So we never actually see the big dumb head?

It's worse than that because Bendis had access to the early GotG drafts. Nicole Perlman confirmed it and we know those early drafts had J'Son and Spartax so if anything the fucker was leaking shit. We also know from Gunn that Bug was in some of the early drafts and Bendis introduce his GotG in his shit Avengers Assemble mini comic which had none other than Bug.

And yes Gunn just fucking took over when he came in and according to Gunn the Creative Committee gave him a heard time (even told him to take off the music in GotG) so I am sure there's a reason why Bendis started avoiding movie shit and Gunn just started ignoring Bendis's run. He also invited DnA to the GotG set and ignored Bendis.

And yeah it was Gunn specifically ignoring Bendis' run because he picked up Guardians #3000 and he followed Duggan on twitter when he was writing Guardians (liked one of his posts too) so that must have been a blow to Bendis' ego.

>Mar-Vell is incredibly influential and important as Captain Marvel, the hero.
Lol no, his best story is his death. Starlin wrote better shit with Warlock anyway.

>[s]fuck Yea Forumsmblr[/s]
Nice fail newfag

Nah, to many people made fun of Dormammu so the exec's decided big heads are bad for business

Dormammu was fine, and he had a body

>His best story is his death
Because of the Whattever Happened Too books being so good it looks like Superman and Batman don't deserve to be characters anymore.
Plus, their best writers have better stories with others, looks like those two are totally irrelevant now, right?

Except Batman and Superman have a bunch of good stories besides the "Whatever Happened.." Mar-Vell's first run was shit and was semi-OK when Starlin got his hands on him. He's also a pretty bland character personality wise. I mean his name is fucking Mar-Vell wow so original and totally not a trademark grab.

Is there some reason they're unable to make their own characters instead of riding existing one's coattails? Maybe this lack of ambition and creativity is related to the lack of representation

Mar-vell is nowhere near Batman and Superman in terms of popularity or good stories, sit down.

Oh noes! Incorrect format of spoiler tags. Yikes and cringe, the pedantry of it.

>And yeah it was Gunn specifically ignoring Bendis' run because he picked up Guardians #3000 and he followed Duggan on twitter when he was writing Guardians (liked one of his posts too) so that must have been a blow to Bendis' ego.
Fucking based
I remember when he told Pratt to stop reading Bendis's run, but didn't know about this

>He's also a pretty bland character personality wise.
He is the cookie cutter good guy hero and while I found his whole anger issues thing interesting (especially after what Rogg did to Una) they solved that pretty quickly and for the most part he was just whatever.

I found Genis was a more interesting Captain Marvel than Mar-Vell personality wise. Even whatever little we saw of Mahr-Vehl was interesting but he was just a waste of potential.

No need to double post, user.
Thanks for doing exactly the type of argument I wanted to see- the existence of a character is more than just the popularity and amount of good stories. If Mar-Vell was that irrelevant than why include him at all? If they're going to change him so much, but still actually have him as a significant part of the story, why call her Mar-Vell besides agenda pushing?
The Chinese leaks where Mar-Vell was a great Kree War hero would have actually been a good way to do it, and would fit with this dumbass argument of yours.

Like the context of almost every white male character being an idiot or villain, with the few exceptions being the white men who kill and brutalise other white men?

Who isn't saying she was a Kree warrior or whatever, it's just vague spoilers? Also Mar-Vell is being included because the character is part of her origin and to explain the name.

>h-h-his name is dumb!!11
lmao is this the point Carlol shills are at?
reminder that her new canon name is literally Car-Ell

You can press ctrl+s, newfag.

I though the Starlin run in general was pretty good. It's a shame that both Marvel and the MCU is apparently burying Mar-Vell, but not particularly surprising.

I think the early idea of Mar-Vell being forced to work as an espionage agent for Hala is compelling, and would've benefited from proper development.

Nah Carol is pretty shit too and the Car-Ell thing is retarded.

>stories and influence on the world at large are the same thing
ok retard

The Supreme Intelligence is an A.I. in the movie, not an actual physical being.

>Car-Ell
More like
Car-Ell Ko-Holic

I don't do anything of the sort you venomously anally retentive cringe fag.

>hah you thought I like the thing I'm vehemently defending? No, I don't actually care at all, haha
Okay then faggot, have fun watching the movie five times

>I don't do anything of the sort
Obviously since you can fucking do something so simple.

getting your eye clawed out by a cute cat is reason enough to feel betrayed.

Attached: 1542102586861.png (800x450, 212K)

Why was he even killed and replaced by Monica anyway? Low sales? It sure as heck wasn't because they didn't want to piss off Starlin since that happened a lot. Yeah he had potential but Marvel squandered. Also writers making their CM OCs and other writers burying them until Wacker had the idea to rebrand Carol and here we are.

the point is fury trusts literally nobody, if a cat is the only time he trust anyone (or anything)

It's a cat, it's in their nature to claw you for whatever reason it only makes sense to them.

This is pretty dumb. If the cat turned out to be a Skrull agent in disguise I could kind of get behind it but the problem is still that it's disguised as a cat and nobody is going to become cynical and jaded by being betrayed by a cat. Even cat lovers kind of expect to be betrayed by their cats.

But this makes Fury a big joke. That mysterious past you thought he had turned out to be a desk job and his eye was lost to a fucking cat, which looks like is treated like a pet for the rest of the film. It just makes what could have been a really meaningful story just a trivial joke. Just like Aunt May discovering Peter is Spider-Man as a last second joke.

God, the MCU is really becoming a self parody.

the better question is who would field agent Fury trust so much that he would feel betrayed if it turned out ot be a Skrull who claws out his eye?

Attached: 1533559685628.png (1280x950, 1.12M)

>other writers burying them
I know Gruenwald didn't like Monica and I know Quesada and Jemas were butt blasted that PAD won the contest they had. Phyla was just whatever so she fell into obscurity. Did anyone dislike Noh-varr?

The desk job is him about to retire
Try to keep up. You are a self parody

Carol will probably laugh it off and go "It's just a cat"

Hence why it will fail at the box office

I'm and I totally agree with you, I was just saying that people shouldn't be surprised when cats claw you. They claw you for reasons like just to get you to stop petting them.

So why is it that the biggest scar on Fury comes from something so comical instead of something that hints at a greater history?

>Carol laughs and pets her alien cat while Fury is bleeding and screaming on the ground

Dunno but shit done in his younger days
Remember how robert redford's character was praising Fury for getting him out of an embassy when they were completely fucked?

Yes, Mar-Vell never sold well and his title was only kept around to keep the trademark, which is why it changed hands so much. Eventually Marvel got tired of the flop character and bumped him off to replace him but no other Captain Marvel has been a major sales success either. Genis was the closest but not quite.

Yeah, and they had a picture of a weather but two eyed Fury in said same scene, hinting that Fury did a lot. But all I'm getting from the advertising of Captain Marvel is "Black Sidekick"

I fucking hate Noh-Vahr in everything after Morrison's mini

Well that's unfortunate then
I'll go back to watch the winter soldier and look for that pic. havn't watched that movie in a while
I'm no fan of retcons, but there are some retcons that i don't feel will affect me very much. I hope this isn't a retcon but if what you say is true, thn that's unfortunate

so? you don't shit on the guy that was the original character for years and actually has a decent story unlike the shitty legacy you've forced down on everyone because you need a relevant female character

Attached: Coulson.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

I know it's an alternate universe so it's whatever but what annoys me is how people are going to say this change is so bold and progressive and totally better than those shitty old comics that they never even bothered to read. Mar-Vell's run was bumpy sure but it had highs as well as lows and he had a really good ending. More importantly he was Marvel's first real cosmic hero. If Marv had never existed then Starlin would have never written him and who knows how that could have affected the comics? Without Marv we might well not have Thanos or Drax, without Marv Starlin may have never revamped Warlock, or eventually written Infinity Gauntlet, hell, without Marv's truly cosmic adventures Silver Surfer may never have gotten a second wind and become a truly Cosmic hero. He added so much to the lore of the Kree and the Skrulls, who might otherwise have been nothing but one-note FF villains. And if nothing else, Carol Danvers herself would have never existed and thus never gotten a movie.

I just feel like Marv deserves more than to be genderbent and marginalized in the only movie he'll probably ever appear in solely because people are embarrassed that Carol owes something to a man. They could have written a great story that honored Marv as he was in the comics and still empowered Carol and they chose to do this instead. It's just disheartening to me as a long time cosmic fan.

I didn't read too closely as I need to take a shit
But fox-disney deal means you'll get silver surfer soon enough
And if marvel's history is anything to go by, they can and will tweak characters if they aren't working out, so don't fret

Mar-Vell fucking died of cancer and now Carol is spreading cancer everywhere, holy shit. Zero respect to the mythology.

>And if marvel's history is anything to go by, they can and will tweak characters if they aren't working out, so don't fret

this is how a shill writes ''lmao, Mar-vel didn´t work as a character anyway!''

Is that supposed to be a valid point?
if mar-vel doesn't work what do you propose they do? keep doing the same shit?
jesus it's like you don't think beyond your initial thought

Different user, but if Mar-Vell doesn't work then why are they lifting the brunt of the plot from his comics and using only the most superficial shit from KSD's Csrol like the suit and the alien cat?

Because they're trying to see if it works?
MCU has always been, like that user said, an "alternate universe"
Thor wasn't working out for them, then they made ragnarok. You saying they should have kept the thor / thor 2 course?
Maybe mar-vell will get a thing in a subsequent cap marvel movie who knows man

Its kind of amazing how retarded they are.

If they're so insistent on doing these sort of retcon issues, they should just wait until someone goes to see the movie or one of those early watchings or something to get the right information.

Like, goddamn, this isn't rocket science.

>getting the right information
That doesn't matter
It's all about who can get their fake news to be most believable
Which is why they call fake news on everything.

>Carol was half-kree all along
so?

Carol's claim to relevance is giving Rogue the powers of a flying brick and here we are

>incels who never read comics complaining about nothing yet again

Attached: 1477290822794.png (209x194, 97K)