South Park

I rewatched this episode recently and checked if this was actually the case, it is. Pretty funny how this episode can acknowledge how absurd the origin of the Mormon religion is and how it's obviously a complete scam, yet still some to the conclusion that mormonism is totally cool.

I also found out something amusing, there's roughly as many Mormons in the world as there are Jews and they will most likely outnumber the Jews in 20 years.

Attached: joseph smith.gif (384x270, 2.39M)

DUM DE DUM DUM DUM!

While it's all bullshit, the point was that some people are just completely harmless and trying to live a good life. Sure it sounds ridiculous, but Stan learned that the Mormon family was genuinely happier than his will ever be. They didn't try to push their beliefs either.

Don't forget Mormons are the only ones allowed in Heaven.

Matt and Trey seem to have a very...bizarre relationship with that religion.

SMART SMART SMART SMART (I got a damn good laugh out of that joke)

Why did the gloss over the stuff about black people being black because their ancestors remained neutral in the war?

Which would be fine if it was ever just an individual lifestyle, but it never just stays that way. And it always leads to family/social pressure.

Dated a mormon girl once, so I got to see a bit of it. Also, I'm pretty sure the LDS Church uses their funds for tons of shit outside of religion, and has a real estate empire worth over a billion (easily)

Oh definitely, and they never keep to themselves. They're very fucking friendly when they think they can recruit you, right up until you tell them you want nothing to do with their cookie religion, and then you go from potential convert to sinful gentile faster than you can say Salt Lake City.

>there's roughly as many Mormons in the world as there are Jews and they will most likely outnumber the Jews in 20 years.
WTF, I loves Mormons now!

I think that's just most religious families in general when they take there religion really seriously.

wasnt this guy arrested multiple times for running cons

The numbers of practicing Mormons are actually decreasing, not sure where you get that 'outnumber the Jews in 20' bit. The only way that's going to be a thing is if the Jewish numbers decrease even more rapidly.

First, my condolences for your missed quints. I have no idea why they skipped it; it's one of their most embarrassing fuckups besides Bloody Brigham Young.

Mormonism is the prototype Multi-Level Marketing cult.

Him and his father while they were fleecing gold prospectors in New York. He was excommunicated from his own cult for fucking too many of his cultists daughters. He also nearly bankrupted the cult during his tenure.

Try in the tens of billions. They pretty much own SLC, large tracts of Utah and God knows what else. Big donors to the GOP and carry a lot of influence over state government and law enforcement.

>heaven is filled with Mormons
>they only want to make arts and crafts

>there's roughly as many Mormons in the world as there are Jews and they will most likely outnumber the Jews in 20 years.
yeah well, a fucking holocaust will do that.. and mormons have like a gorillion kids. it's amazing how much more tolerable that is when you actually love your family and enjoy spending time with them.

That's how it went with my dad
we joined up when I was little because they took care of us in our time of need, and I think Dad's family had some background with them, but as soon as he was like "yeah yeah okay, joseph smith, right, book of mormon.. this is nice, but when are we gonna talk about... Jeeeesus?" and they gave him a fucking LOOK
and he was outta there and downgraded to proper christianity.
he later downgraded to just jewish, but I dunno how serious he was about that. he's always had a wrestly, struggly relationship with the lord. I'm sure they're having a realll long chat about that right now.

All religions are based on cults of personality and wild claims about the nature of the universe. The point is, they give many people meaning in their lives, they provide answers to the big questions we have, they form communities for people to be part of, and they all teach some form of morality and self-improvement.

Of course there are people who take advantage of people who are seeking these things, or who use them to justify their own cruelty and psychopathy. But overall, religion helps more people than it harms, even when the ideas they're based on are crazy (and trust me, judaism and zen and all the others sound just as loony to an outsider as mormonism does, it's just mormonism is so recently created we expect people to be more logically minded)

The mormons bought the Boy Scouts some decades ago.

Also the cattle ranch that takes up 3% of Florida.
They didn't buy it, but every 8-17 year-old mormon boy was a boy scout. The scouts named one of their buildings after their previous "prophet".
Now they are transitioning out because of the Scouts' inclusive LGBT policies.

Obligatory.

Attached: Capture.png (1564x642, 1.19M)

I've wanted to see the book of mormon for years, but I don't ever have the money for broadway tickets.

>they provide answers
If you asked me how to cook a burger and I told you to grill your own turd, I wouldn't be providing you with a sufficient answer in good faith, and if you actually did it, it would just make you retarded.

It's pretty clear they are taking the absolute piss out of it and I guess they are too stupid to realize the difference between insults and compliments.

>they are too stupid
the mormons, I mean.

you know otherwise they'd have taken issue with the fact that Matt & Trey wrote an entire musical about the fucked up shit they do in Africa

My stepdad has had the same experience, even though he still has cooky Mormon beliefs he's pretty non-practicing but has gotten shit on by his local church.

The thing to consider is how corrupt the body actually is. Like you shouldn't condone Scientology because some shmuck feels it's helping him while bleeding him of money. Not all religions are equal.

Mormons are everywhere in that part of the country so they had a lot of exposure to them. It's a crazy cult no matter what it's size.
Probably the most fucked thing they ever did was try to start a war with the US government so the young men would die out and the old men would get a ton of extra wives.

I'm glad god changed his mind about black people

>Not all religions are equal.
Yeah, for example, Catholicism is only a proxy religion for Judaism and the Vatican city uses it's own currency, an extension of the petrodollar, but most likely not fiat.

On a lighter note, I do enjoy the positive, still parodic depictions they show of religious figures like Jesus and Satan, and Santa

Attached: 1534326439758.jpg (600x400, 35K)