Wonder Woman gets booted from the UN for being a bad role model according to female staffers

>Wonder Woman gets booted from the UN for being a bad role model according to female staffers
>Captain Marvel gets special screenings for International Woman's Day organized by an UN Women Comittee
Really makes you think

Attached: shilling.jpg (671x661, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/12/wonder-woman-un-ambassador-gender-equality
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Almost like everyone loves Based Marvel and hates DC or something

>implying Captain Marvel is a bigger cultural icon than Wonder Woman

Attached: E72CC2CF-FD99-4137-9EE4-86BC5A242985.jpg (638x647, 66K)

Forget companywars bait.
Post Carol x Diana.

Attached: spiderwee-cap-won11-111-61jpg.jpg (1500x1415, 591K)

She's about to be

Hahahaha

>unlike DC, Marvel is actually pushing for more diversity with more engaging stories.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

everyone loved Wonder Woman though

she is

Attached: carol_drunk_super.jpg (324x600, 39K)

>Pushing for more diversity
>Actress not an Israeli but an American
Do you even know what you're typing, you retarded ESL?

Attached: cmww.jpg (785x1018, 95K)

Now you say being an American Aryan makes you more of a minority than the people who lost 6 million lives? Are for the Jews or against them, make up your mind!

not me
but the UN ambassadorship was about the character, not the film

>Marvel is actually pushing for more diversity

They had a black Cap Marvel and a lesbian one... yet Carol, a straight white woman, is Cap Marvel in the MCU.

that's the scantily clad women with impossible proportions, not the cultural icon Captain Marvel

Attached: captain_marvel__wonder_woman_by_arkenstellar-db9apiz.jpg (1500x1147, 419K)

Saying it's better than all the other garbage DC movies isn't "loving it"

Well obviously the UN would be more gung-ho about a militant soldier icon than a compassionate peacekeeper, that's just common sense.

>people actually give fuck about UN

This is the same organization which puts China in human rights council, has Saudi-Arabia led the fight for women's rights, and whose "peacekeepers" spend more time by fucking 5 year old kids than by trying to keep up peace.

A compassionate peacekeeper that still murders. Let's no forget the ending of the movie with Ares. They could have just made him not be a villain at all and it would force Wonder Woman to actually consider that everything she was told and believe is wrong, and that the gods were assholes

>Wonder woman gets booted from the UN

I'm a need a source

They put these countries in those council with hopes that the pressure would give them incentive to improve. And it worked for a little while on Saudi Arabia.

But for fucks sakes let's just simplify reality into a convient shitty narrative where all compromise is evil and any thing not straightforward is elitism

>murders
Yeah, right.
>Let's no forget the ending of the movie with Ares. They could have just made him not be a villain at all and it would force Wonder Woman to actually consider that everything she was told and believe is wrong, and that the gods were assholes
But you realize that this is the DC universe and that Ares does in fact exist and he is a villain in said universe, right? I think you're arguing out of some kind of misguided notion that Wonder Woman isn't a comic book character.

That's the power of Disney for ya.

This is a very local chapter of a UNA type association, it doesn't have anything to do with the decisions of the UN Ambassador program at large. They have the discretion to host social/cultural events like this at their discretion, and organizing a movie outing for kids is pretty common stuff.

This isn't like a big thing

>tfw the diversity hires are better characters

Wonder woman was just a Rule 63 of Capitan America: First Avenger

On top of that she's one of the DC trinity so her being even partially wrong in her own movie is kind of enough of an upset. If you make any of them completely wrong you end up with the Martha scene eventually.

Never was, never has been, never will be. But hey, go ahead and throw good money after bad money. You know what they say about a fool and his money.

Attached: Dz9iouzWoAAfgjS.jpg (2000x2000, 435K)

Yeah that's why Spider-Verse Box office was 3 times bigger than Aquaman instead of the other way around.

Captain America showed the Germans at most bullying some Norwegians. Wonder Woman showed the Germans shitting rust gas over an entire town that she had just saved.
WW is exponentially more redpilled on the German problem.

New Zealand?
Do people just comb the internet just looking for anything to be mad about?

It actually happened

theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/12/wonder-woman-un-ambassador-gender-equality

tl;dr there was some sort of feminist campaign that should've used WW as "ambassador" but it was short lived as some UN members didn't like the idea, for reasons varying from "she's a fictional character" to "her costume is objectification of women".

But this didn't really have anything to do with the movie other than for the presence of Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter at the inaugurational event or something, in which people had a silent protest by turning their backs against whatever they were supposed to be looking at, the stage i assume. At least as far as i know

Ironically it makes me think the only thing that matters is how you dress and look and not your personality or character.

Women are their own worst enemy. Jesus Fuck.

Wonder Woman was accused of being an attractive woman wearing a bikini. They obviously have only see the modern take on carol.

people complained her breasts were too big

I mean, these are people involved in politics and stuff. The article mentions someone holding a sign that said "I'm not a mascot", that's kinda understandable

Literally the only issue the UN flunkies had with Wonder Woman was she was played by a jew which angered their muslim overlords.

Fuck, I wish this shit weren't so boring. I want to be as into it as you guys are, but it's everywhere and I don't know how you fags maintain interest.

>"I'm not a mascot"
Only when you want to be a mascot, then? Fucking idiots.

Those dumb cunts were fine with Winnie the Pooh being an ambassador for friendship and fucking Red from Angry Birds being an honorary ambassador when his role in the angry birds movie is to be wary of evil immigrants.

Anger is a hell of a drug.

I don't know how to be angry about this, though. I took a big shit last night and I've only been awake for a couple of hours. And payday's tomorrow. Fuck.

What?

And they'll be fine with Carol when they do it with her

Don't worry, you find something to get mad at.
It's better than being sad all the time.

I hope it's soon.

Didn't BP have that charity that Carol now has?
Wouldn't that inflate the numbers?

More like the UN slurping that Disney cock.

What happened to “Ms Marvel doesn’t have to prove anything in the box office”

>"her costume is objectification of women".
More like they were slutshaming Wonder Woman.

Wasn't Captain Marvel a male character from DC?

Attached: tumblr_oh1usf3z031sfp6m8o9_1280.jpg (1228x804, 338K)

No.

Attached: DC.jpg (960x528, 71K)