Reminder that any complaint against Captain Marvel means you hate women

Reminder that any complaint against Captain Marvel means you hate women.

Attached: 6347485679.png (615x802, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/21/captain-marvel-why-sexist-attempts-at-sabotage-will-fail
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods can we please institute a rule that Twitter screencap threads are an instant ban? Please?

your desperate pleas to the m(g)ods go unheard, child

Wow so it sounds like every other fucking marvel solo movie.

>he thinks mods care about this shithole
>he thinks hiro cares about this shithole

shut the fuck up and click on those ads, goyim. buy a pass while you're at it.

Yes, OP we are well familiar with your stance on the all-female Ghostbusters reboot...

I looked up the replies to this guy and I dont see a single person jumping on him or accusing him of hating women.

This, though.

based and advertiser-friendlypilled

Attached: vaccumm.png (216x247, 42K)

Honestly I don’t think the mods actually exist. I think it’s an automated system that uses reports (hence why there’s now a massive drop box of options when it used to be just two) to figure out if its ban worthy or not.

I liked Zoe Saldana's character in GOTG am I allowed to hate Marvel now?

I've been getting hour bans every other day. I think the automods see me switching from Wifi to 4G on mobile and don't recognize the IP

when you switch to mobile LTE other people can use that same IP, depending on the area and day I might be permabanned on mobile IP because someone posted something on that same mobile LTE IP

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 8FEB1DCD-E64B-43CF-9ABC-F634960D1C25.png (1242x2208, 492K)

Its Miss Marvel faggot. Captain Marvel is Billy Batson.

Don't you read comics, user? Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel and Billy Batson is Shazam. Seriously, get your tiny little brain in order.

Buh-buh-buh muh disnee shills!

Man when paid shills can't even muster the energy to shill with enthusiasm you know you're in trouble.

>Don't you read comics, user?
No that's why I'm not a fucking idiot

Attached: 1494698563982.png (808x589, 435K)

it's over

Attached: brie face.jpg (946x2048, 72K)

I mean it makes perfect sense, it's why amnesia is so shit in a lot of movies because half the personality is replaced with "but who was I really?"

to be honest in the modern political climate it's becoming pretty expected to hate woman considering how much hate they fling all over the place.

shitty excuse
just because you don't remember your past doesn't mean you can't have a personality because that's subconscious

Attached: BrieCalm.png (419x754, 519K)

>doesn't mean you can't have a personality because that's subconscious
>because that's subconscious
yeah uh... just tell that to the writers or something

>Lon Harris
He hated Infinity War and is a known DCfag

It might as well get contained in a new board.

MEANIE DC FAN

I'm all for it provided insufferable faggots like you get perma-banned as well.

>He hated Infinity War
So he watched Infinity War?

That's actually a valid response on his part, and also why I was worried about this movie.

Amnesia or not, I distinctly remember myself (and a bunch of other people) posting that they wanted Marvel to just completely reboot her character for the film, because everyone kind of knew they were only making a standalone movie about her because the "Marvel's Wonder Woman" thing and not because her character was interesting, and we were hopeful that now might be a solid opportunity to make Carol Danvers NOT the personality-less wet blanket she is in the comics.

So it's disappointing to me they opted to pass up that opportunity, because "90s Space Cop" is actually a really fun premise that could've been a solid basis for a fun character.

>90s Space Cop
If they make a GL film this is what it should be.

In fact if I was DC I'd have been working on that since this film was announced to capitalise on it not being so good.

Mods can we ban anyone that asks "mods can we"?

>grrrrr I wish I could kill all those narrow minded wrongthinking nazis holy shit why can't they be as open minded and progressive as me?

Why would you even make this thread without posting why exactly this means he hates women? Were people mad about this tweet?

Characters can have personality without memories. Sounds like shit directing.

Read the 3 tweets. He makes 2 tweets and then after people " talk to him" he has to make it very clear he doesn't hate women or diversity.

That's the default response by people if you dislike this movie.

It's weird how people don't have to say the word nazi or even killing nazis to trigger them into thinking that's even remotely implied. I know you're probably trolling, but there are a lot of idiots so thin skinned with their persecution complex.

There are also people who would cheer him on as based and share him to others who want to hate it and get the wrong idea that way too. Without the context of what they were saying and who was sharing and why, we don't get a clear picture as to what's going on.

Holy shit, that might explain why I've been getting banned every two days due to my modem resetting itself for the last two months, even though I've been visiting Yea Forums for nearly 5 years

Vote Skrull

Attached: 27BE04F4-2C6B-4B40-B6C1-715733C2D395.jpg (1125x2074, 1.17M)

Same here bro, same here :-/

>tfw no alita battle angel anime Carol in the movie

Yeah. Easy example: Jason Bourne. Doesn't know who he is, but is incredibly skilled and willing to help people. Even ready to go solo if it means someone gets hurt.

Isn't that the whole basic premise of the first half of the Hancock? Will Smith guy has Will Smith personality because he doesn't remember he's not Will Smith and has powers too while Jason Bateman tries to make him stop shitting himself and stealing his wife?

That box office is sinking fast

good thing I don't have any autistic complaints.

Has he locked his twitter account yet?

Not to mention she's spent years with the Kree already, she has those memories at least.

No. Why would he do that?

Judging from some retard's reactions to the trailers that makes her unlikable
>wtf she called herself a hero? What a bitch

Having had several family members fall into dementia, people with lack of memories do indeed have personalities. Sometimes they aren't the same personality they had when they have memories but no one just becomes a robot if they can't remember their past.

This. WYSIWYG I think what you're seeing in the trailers is exactly what you're getting in film, Larson pulls no surprise turn about in terms of acting performance, I've said this before Marvel has made a huge casting mistake here.

*noble warrior hero

So you just pulled that information from wikipedia and jumped in to comment?

Attached: thunk.png (225x225, 5K)

Yea except it's 100% true. Complaints about the movie genuinely are nothing more than "I don't want to see some bitch as a superhero" but very poorly hidden

Attached: 1503185835261.png (472x605, 301K)

Which is why Wonder Woman had the same complai wait no it didn't.

You clearly weren't on Yea Forums before WW came out

Clearly you weren't. More people didn't like Gadot's lack of muscle tone than just a female superhero film.

Uhh, social media was nothing but bitching and moaning about woman superhero, not-white woman playing a white woman etc.

>I don't want to see some bitch
Correct, I don't want to see Brie Larson as Captain Marvel I would much rather see an actress who can be more genuine in the role.

Lol no. People were fine with WW herself the rest of her movie was the crap part as well as the villain just looking lame as shit but try again. Captain Marvel is what you get when you combined shoehorned look im a girl acting with no substance with the quality lacking content of a marvel movie that isn't a team based one. But yeah act otherwise keep eating shit. I mean in general almost all Marvel movies are low IQ slop.

I really don't want to see some bitch as a superhero, but her being a bitch isn't tied to her gender

Proof?

How did Wonder Woman do right in it's marketing that Captain Marvel and Ghost Busters did wrong? Never seen this dog shit drag out over Wonder Woman.

Attached: 1493747372195.jpg (750x750, 159K)

They made a good film with a woman in it instead of making a bad film and using the woman as a shield.

>good film
'no'

While The Mouse was seething that DC beat them to the punch in the PR department with Wonder Woman. They weren't going to waste the disney dollars to trash Wonder Woman in fear of poisoning the well for when they push their "wonder woman" movie.

Attached: 1402527188985.jpg (655x480, 36K)

So the bad movie that didn't rely on armchair activism in the marketing turns out to be more of a success than movies that do?

it's the standard beta male "oh but i love black people and women!" line
has to kowtow before his superiors like the bitch he is

Is there a male version of "I don't want to see this bitch as a superhero"?

Would DCEU Superman be considered that, or is that a different case entirely?

theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/21/captain-marvel-why-sexist-attempts-at-sabotage-will-fail

>This, to the average “men’s rights” advocate, is a concept of irredeemable outlandishness. For Danvers is a slender, sylph-like female in a natty 80s-inspired suit, while Thanos is a great, hulking, purple, musclebound male. Never mind that both are completely fictional with superpowers, the problem here is that (gritted teeth, bulging forehead vein) GIRLS WILL NEVER BE STRONGER THAN BOYS. OK?
>If there remains a diversity deficit in Hollywood, both behind and in front of the camera, it also seems that increasingly there’s a diversity dividend for those movies that wear their progressive hearts on their sleeves.

Its all so tiresome.

>The Grauniad
Oh no.

>not as good as RDJ
Well no shit. I predict a downturn once he bows out of the franchise, too.

It's not kowtowing, it's clearing shit up. It happens all the time here on Yea Forums because if you say something in support of SU you're literally a trans feminist flooding the country with Muslims. People get the wrong idea all the time due to the unfortunate narratives spun around this shit.

CM is bad. Long live Shazam

>mods actually exist.

They look like Uatu
But they wear make-up and a pink floss leotard

>if you say something in support of SU you're literally a trans feminist flooding the country with Muslims
Why else would you support SU though.

You first then ;^)

Maybe if they had a track record of making good female characters people wouldn't complain about a female lead.

>Is there a male version of "I don't want to see this bitch as a superhero"?
Every fucking casting complaint you've ever heard about; there just isn't a male-specific equivalent to "bitch".

This

>For Danvers is a slender, sylph-like female in a natty 80s-inspired suit, while Thanos is a great, hulking, purple, musclebound male. Never mind that both are completely fictional with superpowers, the problem here is that (gritted teeth, bulging forehead vein) GIRLS WILL NEVER BE STRONGER THAN BOYS. OK?
lol what

Literally what?

also power levels have practically never mattered in comics or their adapations. Steve Rogers can just barely stop a punch from Thanos who should by all rights be punching straight through everyone less than Spider-Man.

Yeah, because it comes packaged with "take THAT boys" and any attempts at even valid criticism are met with derision.

It's continuity heavy, a rarity in western animation.

It's a shit continuity. You don't get brownie points for trying, especially when anime is becoming more prevalent in the states.

Attached: 453453453453.jpg (500x331, 20K)

That's not a good thing by itself.

There are anti-feminist people who hate it. We had threads of people hating it because they see it as feminist propaganda. The only issue I have with this article is that it's not news, everyone knows there are misogynistic geeks.

It's popularity paved the way for more like it in that regard. I want more shows like Avatar, and SU showed there's still a place for shows like it.

>I want more shows like Avatar, and SU showed there's still a place for shows like it.
Since every attempt to replicate the narrative style of Avatar since has led to mediocre or just bad shows, I'm not sure it's worth striving for.

It's never going to be perfect, but I'd rather more cartoons go in that direction than just try to be TTG.

It's never going to be perfect is one thing, but the format has only worked maybe twice. Meanwhile TTG is doing what has worked many many times.

Carol vs a rando Skrull? Are you kidding me? Are they THAT insecure about Carol's popularity? Why not have her against Hulk or Thor or at the fucking least Talos or Super Skrull.

Women are so fucking weak.

DC tried to run less of a narrative
Sony pushed extremely hard for a 'haters are misogynists', going so far to delete negative youtube comments that weren't sexist, so only the sexist ones remained.
Whether it's Marvel or Disney or just Brie, there's been a less extreme push for the same narrative here.

Jesus Christ user, the skrulls are the (non secret) villains in the movie, it's not complicated

Well in the absence of a valid complaint, yeah that's pretty obvious.

Attached: antidysphoriapill.png (1880x165, 21K)

>Reading modern comics
Bruh look a this dude

looks like you missed the "shaved armpits" and "think thin healthy bars" controversies

I didn't. Those just don't get air time like "raging misogynist incel wants to shoot all women in Wonder Woman screening"

>"shaved armpits" and "think thin healthy bars" controversies
I feel like I'm going to regret asking. But what are you talking about?

Perfect tactic, shout down those who disagree with you claiming automatically "me-so-gony reeeeeee".

Use Last Jedi tactics and remove any negative press you can't claim as sexist when they removed RT scores.

The whole problem is that the people who criticize these kinds of films are often reactionary neckbeards who go in with a pre-determined bias and low expectations.

I haven’t seen the film (nor am I even a Captain Marvel fan), but a lot of this bullshit is just ridiculous.

Attached: F91C3DFE-5DB7-42E3-8C97-01F7B67AAC5B.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Maybe if wasn't goading on about white critics her movie wouldn't be the subject of scorn? Part of me thinks that between that and the RT audience score trolling is Disney wanting to go full GhostBusters with trying to make it another "rallying cause."

I can't imagine Kamala Khan looking up to Brie Larson

Reminder, this is your current captain marvel

Attached: brie_larson.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

Cry harder bootlicker

Attached: 1549154841316.jpg (244x400, 13K)

Oh, I thought it was just the costume that made her look like a rectangle.

You're going too far to turn people off from her. You don't need to post her ass, you just need to post the pic of her fungus covered feet from the CM premiere. Her nails are literally falling off due to bacterial infection, and she thought it was a good idea to go out in public and show off those horrid things.

No normal person gives a fuck about feet you degenerate

fpbp

>90s Space Cop"
It was never going to happen, not with Carol at least. Carol is semi-cosmic and people always want to ground her to Earth. The thing they got right is that regardless were she is she has to deal with cosmic threats or something that isn't just a rando villain.

>or at the fucking least Talos or Super Skrull.
learn to read

They actually had the right to claim "The first female superhero" title (at least in the normies eyes). And yet they didn't market the film om that premise primsrily.

That's EXACTLY what they want you casuals to believe

we do when it's about hygeine. Not everything involving feet is sexual, you Punzelhead.

Whats wrong with hating on man hating roasties?

And the rampant unironic "Gadot is a filthy Isreali" coming from likely Disney riled sjws

Wonder Woman is pretty well known on her own. You don't have to fake hype hers THE FEMALE SUPERHERO for people to at least garner a bit of interest based on her name.

Whereas everything surround CM's push is phony from the get-go

Attached: A9928F8F-C0A4-4BDD-88F9-16FF2FC5C17A.gif (220x199, 99K)

Marvel dropped the ball hard on this one.

Attached: flat-earther vs a pair of globes.png (1000x1075, 924K)

My gf has a body like that kek
Ass obviously has some muscle, but isn't instagram thot level of protrusion

>blaming the movie for you being to depressed to relate to being pleased with yourself
Mods, tear down this thread.

WB/DC had enough people shitting on their film as it is. Why give people anymore ammo with obnoxious woke marketing to boot?

this for now and ever

The first person to realise you could deflect any and all criticisms of certain things by calling the critics bigots was a fucking asshole.

Then you need her to start doing squats stat

We need an autmoated system that recognizes twitter screencaps and changes the image to "OP IS A FAGGOT" written on Paint

Eh I don't care that much about having instagram level of protrution
Besides she's already a bit of a fitness oriented person. does lunges to realy target glute muscles.
Maybe she just needs to eat more
Hips aren't very pronounced, but sexy core and quite grabbable tits (especially when she weighed 10 lbs heavier)

I was just in a thread and saw a guy start his post with "Eh." and thought that was so fucking gay and that Yea Forums is probably the gayest board on the site so I closed the thread only to see this post too.

>triggered by eh
holy shit relax

>using words like triggered unironically
further proof Yea Forumsmblr is real

What's the quickest way to describe "getting unrealistically upset over mundane words" then?

Autism

He was using it the way everybody else does here:
As a synonym for "upset."

Okay lemme try again
>autism over eh
holy shit relax

>everybody else [says "triggered"] here
Holy shit Yea Forumsmblr's real.

>everybody else [says "triggered"] here
They sure do. Typically in an ironic fashion or derisively to mean, "superficially upset."

Attached: 1443073583239.gif (250x309, 318K)

He's now getting "triggered" over the word "triggered"
I wish we could make this shit up

Next level irony. It's BRILLIANT!

No I meant Yea Forums uses it unironically I specifically said that.

Not how I'm seeing it used here.

based

>Yea except it's 100% true.
No it isn't faggot stop trying to be a tool.

Attached: 1506951153735.gif (500x257, 415K)

Lets talk about something interesting instead since no one will watch this discount Wonder Woman with a terrible character. Which X-Men character the MCU will turn black, Cyclops, Iceman, Wolverine or Jean Grey?

well, I do hate woman so its fine. damn women with their 4 legs and really long necks

This is not the first time someone has asked.

They focused so much on making her #HIGHERFURTHERFASTER that they forgot to give her an actual personality

Attached: formerly chuck.png (471x475, 256K)

when this movie comes out I will go straight to Yea Forums to watch people tear each other apart

Attached: 3OBQ6Oh.jpg (898x628, 79K)

I think you're thinking of giraffes.
In which case fuck you giraffes are beautiful creatures.

Attached: Ilovegiraffes.png (728x409, 252K)

When this movie comes out it'll be all over Yea Forums and Yea Forums.

Seriously
One of the most legitimate criticisms about captain marvel's marketing is that its awfully repetitive, and not in the good way (imo)

Right, ultimately none of that matters because it's still set to make a truckload of money and the early reactions actually had a positive outcome.
>but muh quality, she has no ass! Muh cardboard performance, MCU crash and b-burning! Go see Muhdea...
Ultimately none of you care about that, it's all about the box office pissing contest and you know it. The movie could actually be great but unless there's a lot of millions in the box office gross, it won't matter to any of you.

I don't have any skin in the game but you guys are mad desperate to see this fail for company wars that you criticize it before it's even out, and some of you claim to not even watch these movies anyway so the obsession is even more ridiculous.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22 Erik Davis on Twitter.png (640x763, 369K)

>I don't have any skin in the game
you sure?

Let's be real here.
It's the MCU
Nobody here will be happy if the MCU is successful
They will only be happy if the MCU fails in any way, which is why they have this blowhard mentality about any perceived shortcomings

yeah, I remember everyone hated infinity war and wanted it to fail

That tweet scrolled across my TL coincidentally as I saw this thread, which is why I came to post it. But just so you know, I actually am going to watch it because I'm invested, not because I'm getting paid for it nor care about your opinions about the movie (hence the "No skin" comment). If I did, I'd be a bitter(er) motherfucker.
And actually you bring an excellent point, a lot of people here are like "oh I don't hate her, I just want the MCU to fail", but probably have tickets for several showings in a row for Endgame. Who the fuck are they trying to fool here?

I do too
It's why i come around less

Its like people don't remember the Redwood years where you could be banned for any little infraction/violating unwritten rules/etc. Go to fucking reddit or an old style bbs forum if you have such a boner for authority.

poor brie

Attached: brie emoting.png (406x417, 140K)

People are begging for Cavill to actually get a good movie so it's literally the opposite

It's not a fetish thing dude, it's basic human hygene. It's fucking disgusting that she thinks it's appropriate to show off a fungal infection at a fucking world premiere.

Who the fuck else but fetishists sits through a red carpet ceremony and watch celebrity feet all day? Nobody else cares.

If it helps, foot fetishists debunked a political smear meme (smeme?) that posited that AOC (aka Milky Mama) bathed in high-class style while promoting middle-class socialist values. They first determined that it was not her feet in the picture.

This is so oddly specific but I guess I can use this information somehow in the future.

Everyone and their grandma know who Wonder Woman is. And even if there were a bunch of mixed reactions to Gadot, that little bit in BvS when she saves Batman's ass and fights Doomsday raised up the hype.

Ghostbusters was a steaming pile of shit since the beginning. A reboot that no one wanted, mixed with a "if you hate this movie you hate women" campaign, and how it seemed adding to insult by not only making Bill Murray play an antagonistic scientist, but also killing his character unceremoniously.

Captain Marvel, i'd really like to think it's because of how the character keeps being forced down everyone's throats, but it's a combination of both Brie parroting feminist stuff and coming as a holier than thou arrogant prick, the whole "strongest Avenger ever! You'll love her!" publicity and the paranoia of incel/men's rights boycott.
It's like if a series of different disasters fused into a super shitstorm.

SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>Not as good as RDJ
That's fine, not everyone can manage that

>Not as good as Hemsworth as Thor
Yikes. Talk about the bare minimum for a lead.

>Captain Marvel, i'd really like to think it's because of how the character keeps being forced down everyone's throats, but it's a combination of both Brie parroting feminist stuff and coming as a holier than thou arrogant prick, the whole "strongest Avenger ever! You'll love her!" publicity and the paranoia of incel/men's rights boycott.
It's like if a series of different disasters fused into a super shitstorm.
I think this is pretty accurate. Each thing individually could be glossed over. But in the minds of those who are more skeptical of the uber strong PC message these days, all those things *together* make it seem certain that a disaster is about to hit

At first I wasn't interested in Captain Marvel because it didn't appeal to me. I was going to watch Battle Angel Alita because it looked neat (despite the creepy eyes on Alita.)

Now though? I don't want to watch this movie, NOR the Battle Angel Alita movie because the stupid culture war in America ruined it. Because apparently watching the latter movie will make me an incel who hates the former or some stupid shit like that.

Before you say "why are you letting the culture war dictate your tastes". I want to watch movies to have a good time, not to be put on the spot for my political stances. I really want to go back to a time when "everything was political" didn't become a literal bible of life in America.

Attached: upload_2019-2-21_11-27-4.png (472x154, 15K)

Thor did better in ragnarok though but i agree
However, look how quick that dude was to try and shove words down the guy's throat
>so... not a good performance?
in a court room that'd be leading the witness kek, especially after the initial neutral question of "how's brie larson's performance?"

Alita has 0 identity politics bullshit in it. Give money to directors who just want to send your ass into a cyberpunk adventure.

I guess I never considered Thor better than "functional" in any of his appearances.

oh no no no no no *inhales*

Attached: 1533039070333.jpg (1790x3000, 1.07M)

Disgusting.

But I fear that if I watch it, some SJW will take a picture of me and dox me online for not watching Captain Marvel. Or at least, that's what Twitter seems to imply that they can do. They walk around as if they have a secret police at their disposal yet at the same time cry that they're being oppressed.

That's pretty accurate i'd say. It's an enjoyable sort of functional though. He doesn't have that caked on layer of charm the way RDJ does but he has his moments

Ive always said ecelebs should get their own board. Between game grumps, TBFP breaking up, and the constant youtube and RLM shit on Yea Forums there is more than enough content to get a board going

God fucking hell, that's pretty disgusting.
She should've went closed toe heels but I guess that would just worsen it?

Wonder Woman is well known superhero so they were able to say "Hey, it's a Wonder Woman movie. She fights in like world war 2 or something" rather than "Look everyone! A super hero movie...but with a vagina!"

Not having that obnoxious attempt at virtue signaling made it seem like the directors just wanted to make a new super hero movie using a comic character that didn't get their stand alone film rather than trying to act holier than thou.

It also helps that it's not a remake of a much better film like the Ghostbusters reboot. A lot of people are tired of superhero movies, but they don't carry the same clout as the tired attempts at rebooting old franchises.

CAROLFAG DAMAGE CONTROL OH NO NO NO!!!

Attached: 1518656847864.jpg (542x540, 17K)

>But in the minds of those who are more skeptical of the uber strong PC message these days, all those things *together* make it seem certain that a disaster is about to hit
Are you this fucking stupid?
>But I fear that if I watch it, some SJW will take a picture of me and dox me online for not watching Captain Marvel.
Nevermind, you are.

Really hope Cap Marvel has a smaller role than I suspect in Endgame. I haven't like the character since Marvel began to shill her and change her name. She is just a boring Mary Sue now, instead of a fuck up that other people call her out on.

My fear is that Marvel will push her on the screen now too. She is just a boring character, there are plenty of interesting female heroes if they want to push an agenda.

yikes!

Those are two different guys. and besides, the guy on the top says it SEEMS like it's really bad, because of several different bad things happening at once.

They made /aco/ so people could post what they want and keep the trash threads to minimum but they still let people make barely sfw porn threads here. Nobody gives a shit unfortunately.

Here's the picture in question if you're into that sort of thing. The second toe on the left foot is what clued fetishists in.

The feet seen here actually belong to Sydney Leathers, also a political figure but not on the same level as AOC; she was part of the sexting scandal that brought down Anthony Weiner in 2013.

Attached: 1901110315330110.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

>Are you this fucking stupid?
Doubtful. I'll wait for you to make an argument

>the film is now 2nd all-time for superhero origin stories
That's a pretty specific category.

But really it's like one user said days ago, movie will do decent and haters will claim it failed, fans will claim it hit box office records and it's the best movie ever. Discussion will be dominated by cultural piss taking wars and have nothing to do with the actual movie. After a few months everyone will forget about it when Endgame comes in and people will cry about something else. Big whoops.

>Is there a male version of "I don't want to see this bitch as a superhero"?
Ezra Miller who also has awful feet.

>muh "not an argument" reply
What you said doesn't even deserve a refutal, it's fucking dumb.
It's more of the paranoia than anything else. Americans put way too much stock on what they perceive online versus reality, and they actually think their idpol factors in everything everywhere. General audiences see bullshit like the audience interest % in rotten tomatoes and think about how obvious and stupid it all is, and only guys who weren't even gonna watch the movie in first place (or so they say) get mad about ridiculous clickbait mischaracterizing what Brie Larson said.
>That's a pretty specific category.
Not quite, most superhero movies that came out recently are origin movies: Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, etc. According to this chart, the top opening for origin stories are Black Panther ($202MM) and Homecoming, ($117MM), and if the projections are correlated, Captain Marvel could open around $120MM and $150MM.
By comparison, Aquaman opened with $67MM and Wonder Woman with $103MM.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22 Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo.png (649x922, 106K)

Being miscast as the Flash doesn't mean people wouldn't want to see him as a different superhero tho
Larson just has a unique flavor of awful

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHE-HULK. SHE'S A WAY BETTER CHARACTER THAN CAPTAIN MARVEL

Attached: bugs_scream.jpg (800x733, 80K)

>It's fucking disgusting that she thinks it's appropriate to show off a fungal infection at a fucking world premiere.
Did she really?

She was... now she's just Bruce with boobs.

Fuck Bendis or Aaron or whoever decided that should happen.

Black Nigger was Obama.
This bitch is Hillary.

Confirmed flop.

yes.

And what was Wonder Woman?

Sarah Palin.

She was Wonder Woman, you know... unlike Black Panther and Captain Marvel, she was already known worldwide before the movie, thanks to the tv series I guess but also more than 60 years of comics.

What was "Obama" about Black Panther?

That the corporate media shills him and got successful of it?

Also, blacks vote for him/watch Black Panther.

Bath and body works is cheapo, the candle looks like glade, and gold fingernail polish costs like $4. Does this picture really say bougie lifestyle to people?

>Obama was the first black president.
>Black Panther was the first comicbook movie with a black as main character... not really but you know, casuals.

Everyone wants it, let's do it.

Okay? I regret humoring this dumb argument already.
And of course, Aquaman is Trump, right? Or is that gonna be Shazam? Because Captain Marvel is totally Hillary, correct?

Yep, Bitch Marvel is Hillary.

Captain Marvel, the real one, is gonna be a surprise hit, but also disappointing.

No but seriously tell me which one is Trump, I'm dying to know.

>Captain Marvel, the real one, is gonna be a surprise hit, but also disappointing.

So Shazam is Trump? Boy you better make sure it actually succeeds, then. Don't wanna send the wrong message...!

I think it's gonna be a surprise hit so yeah.

So yeah... What? That doesn't tell me anything. Is it gonna be successful "but also disappointing"? Shy but daring? Innovative but conventional?

Friendly reminder that until Wonder Woman, female led superhero movies have mostly been flops at the box office. I’d almost describe it as box office poison.

>Supergirl- first female led movie. Ridiculed by critics. Christopher Reeves Superman tie in.
Lost 20.3 million.

>Barb Wire- Not even Pamela Anderson’s sex appeal could save it.
Lost 5.2 at box office.

>Tank Girl- Cult following maybe. Success? No.
19 million in losses.

>Catwoman- quadruple the amount of ears couldn’t save it.
Lost 17.9 million.

The only other successful ones (if one can call it that) are The Powerpuff Girls Movie, and Elektra. But as I’ve said before, it’s just a friendly reminder.

Attached: AB5FB933-493C-46CE-A60F-8375E41AA7CF.jpg (650x400, 77K)

>What you said doesn't even deserve a refutal, it's fucking dumb.
Nice way to avoid making an argument
If you were intellectually honest you would have made one instead of doubling down on your bullshit which you know you're full of
Which is odd because it seems like we agree
Turns out you're just fucking retarded

This is actually a great idea. Should be applied to all boards.

This is a terrible idea
Slippery slope, idiot

You know, like Trump.

The movie looks like boring filler tripe

Tripe is delicious though
You have to try it when you have dimsum

>tfw my ass is rounder than hers.
Must suck having a man's bum as a woman.

Attached: 1547802277112.png (520x678, 514K)

>And of course, Aquaman is Trump, right?

Attached: adasaf.jpg (1182x604, 106K)

That's quite the hot take.

Even Wonder Woman wasn't safe.

Attached: DBWihd1XoAAJe1j.jpg (806x832, 97K)

>The only other successful ones (if one can call it that) are The Powerpuff Girls Movie, and Elektra.
Does Judge Dredd count?

You are just pissed cause twitter is more like 00s Yea Forums than current Yea Forums is.

it's more like, twitter is a gigantic beast that has everything, including your favorite style of posting, but it's also mixed in with everything else in existence. part of the naughty aughties was being isolated and unseen, and that's never coming back

He is trying SO HARD not to say something that'll get him crucified

Haha fucker, I have no opinion and I wont be seeing the movie. I can't be sexist because i have no opinion one way or the other, I merely know it exist and no nothing about it, fight me.

This was obvious from thec1st trailer. Any non retard could tell she way cold and emotionless because she's playing a mind wiped fish out of water for most of the movie

Dcucks BTFO

same and i'm a guy

GUD, Elf woman deserves to be cocksleeves!

>means you hate Women
Woperchild, ftfy

>this thread is still alive
God, modern Yea Forums is awful.

Except for the parts where they contradict their continuity and try to play it off as unreliable narrators.

Not female led. Judge Dredd is on the title, so I would assume he’s the lead. Don’t know which movie you’re referring to, as I’ve seen neither.

Mods, can we institute a rule that has to eat a bag of dicks for being such a whiny little bitch?

I love it when liberals think they are fighting injustice by sabotaging other products not made by their favorite corporate entity and using politics to do it.

They are hypocrites in the highest order.

Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking of, the whole first half of that movie was perfect, shame the latter half sucked dick.

People hated the Gadot casting, not the idea of WW having a movie.

What do people who care about male suicide rates, male parental rights, male rape victims and such have to do with this?

I can't tell if this is genuinely sincere or if someone is literally paid to shitpost for clicks. What a dream.