Oscars: The Math Points to a 'Spider-Man' Animated Feature Victory

>Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse flew through awards season, picking up wins from the Golden Globes, Producers Guild, and BAFTAs, among many others. Both math and common sense point to it as the film to beat.

>But this win isn’t as automatic as some would suggest. Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs quietly scooped up a number of honors that come with less fanfare but are still somewhat predictive of this category, including quite a few critics’ circle nods. You should still probably pick Spider-Man in your Oscar pool, but the math says this one remains a race.
hollywoodreporter.com/lists/oscars-math-points-a-spider-man-animated-feature-victory-1188600

Attached: 00EAD016-BA74-4EFB-B5C6-08E58B61124D.jpg (750x571, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g
metatube.com/en/videos/298855/Woody-and-Buzzlightyear-on-Oscars-2016/
newsok.com/article/5485586/getting-animated-anomalisa-directors-talk-being-a-joke-at-the-oscars-animating-in-a-garage-and-writing-a-new-film-set-in-oklahoma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no best boy movie?

Attached: Do it Broly.gif (400x223, 1.59M)

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g

Attached: the truth.png (855x472, 369K)

So how butthurt is Yea Forums gonna be when Incredibles 2 takes the win?

I haven't seen Mirai, but I'd be really glad if Spider-Verse won, even considering the oscars are a sham it's good recognition for the team behind it. Haven't been this pleased with a combo of writing & animation in the big screen for a while.

metatube.com/en/videos/298855/Woody-and-Buzzlightyear-on-Oscars-2016/

Attached: 7E2702CA-0B59-418D-9C63-92ACBC0BE24F.png (1334x750, 3.38M)

If everyone loved it how come it didn't make a billion like the Incredibles?

underwhelming story + director defending #MeToo target = no Oscar

You've obviously never seen the Oscars.

These are the same people that gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation and gave Brave and Frozen an academy award.

It was good to see Coraline again

Vic voiced Broly. They would have happily pulled its nomination if it had gotten one just for an excuse not to watch an anime movie.

hope they stop nominating anime. it doesnt make any sense.

One of the increasingly rare years where the winner actually deserves it.

Coco won rightfully.
because competition was abysmal

But you don't even know what the winner is yet.

Say what you want about the latest Disney movies but Coco pretty good, neither Disney nor Mexicans (main audience for this one) had a lot of hope for it before it was shown to the public, yet it became a success worldwide once

Who the fuck in the academy thought Boss Baby and Ferdinand were Oscar-worthy?

it was best Pixar movie of the Decade

>Kaufman: I don't know if you watched the Oscars, but if you did, you would see that our category was introduced by Buzz Lightyear and Woody from "Toy Story," and that says everything about how the academy thinks about animation. I mean, even to those movies, it feels disrespectful, to me. It was the only category in the entire Oscars where the presenting of it is a joke. You know, even like the movie that won, real people worked really hard on this movie. ... But people don't take this category seriously, and it's unfortunate, because animation could and should be this really creatively diverse form, a very exciting form, and not solely for children.

newsok.com/article/5485586/getting-animated-anomalisa-directors-talk-being-a-joke-at-the-oscars-animating-in-a-garage-and-writing-a-new-film-set-in-oklahoma

Attached: 0EFE0D33-EEEE-4ED8-8A42-A006B722E2C9.jpg (1583x1173, 118K)

So this is what everyone gets in a tizzy about? That was literally a joke.

>Isle of Dogs higher than Incredibles 2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Face it user, Pixar is past its prime.