Dan DiDio Tells Retailers That DC is Cutting Back Their Comics

Dan DiDio, publisher of DC Comics, has taken to the stump at ComicsPRO, the comics retailer advocacy group meeting being held in Charlotte, North Carolina for the next few days.

We may get a fuller report later. But the headline is that DC Comics is cutting the number of titles they sell through the direct market of comic stores. Bleeding Cool had heard rumours, dubbed ‘The New 22’, and DiDio directly denied that number in his speech in Charlotte today.

However, he did tell retailers that DC Comics would be cutting their publishing numbers back, by a further ten to fifteen percent, as that’s what he believes the market can bear.

He also believes that Diamond Comic Distributors are distributing too many comic books to comic stores right now, diluting sales for individual issues across the board. He didn’t mention Marvel Comics, but I’m told that seemed implicit.

Bleeding Cool has previously noted how different creators have fiefdoms within DC Comics and it seems that DiDio feels the same, wanting a greater connective tissue between comic books at DC Comics and wanting creators to work well together. Possibly more than they are right now.

DiDio took full responsibility for the Batman Damned #3 cancellation-and-resolicitation issue, saying he hadn’t approved of the content/artwork as it would be published, necessitating a further delay. What changes may have been made were not detailed.

DiDio acknowledged unrest regarding the comics industry right now, but asked comic book retailers not to share their complaints about DC Comics – or others – with their customers. Rather, to hold themselves to a higher standard than the fans.

But he stated that DC Comics have better comic books than their rivals because they pay their creators higher page rates than Marvel. I know there has been some disquiet about that as well of late, looks like DiDio is doubling down.

bleedingcool.com/2019/02/21/dan-didio-retailers-dc-cutting-comics

Attached: 800px-10.14.12DanDiDioByLuigiNovi-600x809.jpg (600x809, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/comicspro-nancy-spears-is-heading-up-dcs-sales-and-more/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bleedingcool
Cool fanfiction Rich.

>DiDio acknowledged unrest regarding the comics industry right now, but asked comic book retailers not to share their complaints about DC Comics – or others – with their customers. Rather, to hold themselves to a higher standard than the fans.
The absolute state of DC.

lol miserable

lcses deserve to die tho many of them still refuse to sell manga
total bigoted fags

>"b-but Warner and Disney will always foot the bill" fags btfo
Let comics die.
Kill them if you have to.

>Rather, to hold themselves to a higher standard than the fans.

Dan Didio: Forever shitting on readers.

Yes let them die

>ten to fifteen percent

So that means only like 4 series are getting cancelled, right?

He is truly based.

Take a guess, Yea Forums. Which books will be cancelled?

Anyone saying they wish LCSes would go out of business is a retard. Marvel and DC and Image and IDW and Dynamite and BOOM! are the problems, not the retailers.

Hopefully they're just flat out cancelling the whole Vertigo line.

The problem is Didio’s shit managment

Speaking of publishers, whatever happened to Avatar? Did they go out of business?

why do they keep selling the goods that have sales issues and nobody wants. its business IRL not a videogame. they need to sell stuff that consumers actually want.

they are still selling VHSes while every other store is doing DVDs/Blu rays.

>DC comics are dying
Well at least they have movies and TV sho... oh wait

>Avatar Press out of business.
Hell no, they're fine and also gaining more sales actually.

LCSes are basically "hobby shops for dorks". They get by more on merchandise and Magic the Gathering than they do on comics. Manga is not going to save them.

is there a way to see all the books their publishing at the moment?

Fuck manga and fuck weebs

Isnt the profit margin for single issues really high?

Denialism is a hell of a drug.

One of the reasons LCSes might be hesitant to carry manga is because it'll attract weebs, and those tend to be freaks who literally don't bathe and they might be afraid that'll scare away the customers.

this. every single anime/manga cosplayer ive come across at conventions fucking stinks to high heaven unironically imagine the smell of the lcs when its full of weebs

Honestly he's right, Fans are whiny little bitches who don't actually pay for comics.

who are the weebs. most of those reading manga today are casuals. those who play a pokemon game on their phones. you still live in 2005

>read comics online for free, or on story times on Yea Forums
>wtf brehs how come no one is buying comics

if comics started having more then just sharia approved outfits for their female heroes again I would start buying them again.
I am not asking for much. just give me some cheesecake with catwoman and zatanna and I would happily shut up

Get lost Dan Didio

This,
Anime and manga are now normies shit.
It's not 2005 anymore.

I don't know what it costs now for $4+ issues, but I know a couple years back I saw an invoice at my LCS for some $3 books, Avengers AI was one to give some context of when, and they paid $1.24 an issue.

if comic books were better people would be willing to spent money on them again.
I personally always buy a comic if I like it even if I already read it online
but nowadays most comics are made for sjws and have nothing to offer to old fans like me. Usually I end up just being bored or angry when I read a modern comic due to the sjw pandering

Its pretty astounding the way they let Didio and Lee, and all the other usual suspects, squander and spend all the good will and momentum they had around the time of Rebirth.

If I was Geoff Johns it'd be enough to jettison me from the company after all the work he put in

Stop spreading rumors on Yea Forums rich johnston.

>SJW pandering
REEEEE THAT WOMAN IS DRIVING A CAR REEEEE HER TITS AREN'T THE SIZE OF HER HEAD REEEE SHE'S NOT SMILING REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Special order something then faggot, if they don't do that they're a bad store and find a new one. Literally anything we can order at our lcs we will sell, including manga, but we usually have the books people are looking for in stock anyways

REEE why a people not buying my feminist comic REEEE I don´t want to work at MC Donald's REEE

Okay, then what comics do you like? Like what comics in your collection do you find yourself returning to over and over again instead of these modern sjw comics?

give me one good reason why every modern female character in a comic needs to be the same men hating, ugly marie sue with zero tits?
Are sjws really not tired of seeing the same shit over and over again even if it is their own proganda?

I hate both of those idiots including you Dan Didio.

>with zero tits?

Why are you so obsessed with women's tits? Look down, bro. You've got two of your own!

>comics has a minority woman
WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SHIT

PLEASE BUY JAW BREAKERS

Yeah the way they just fucking dropped the ball so hard after people were praising them again with Rebirth is goddamn insane.

DC-fags deep in denial.

Comics are dead people,
Move on......

It sucks that they're not doing any more of those Looney Tunes crossovers with DC characters. Those were cool.

>why every modern female character in a comic needs to be the same men hating, ugly marie sue with zero
Yeah you don't read comics at all.

>comics are dead people

what did you mean by this

Attached: really activates my almonds.png (1579x766, 23K)

I really liked the original new 52 catwoman run. Beautiful art and Selina was written as a more fun loving thief instead of that weird depressing thriller and mafia stuff we ended up getting later on.
I also liked the new 52 teen titans and the original redhood and the outlaws.
I keep going back to classic spider-man run, basically everything form his very fist issue all the way to the mid 80s then it got bad in my opinion but got good again in the 2000s all the way before no more day. After that it become boring and later on just more sjw trash where peter parker become a manchild/idiot and has stayed as such to this day. He basically is a comic relief in his own comic nowadays and all the new sjw character are the real star of the comic who do all the heroic and competent stuff while he keeps making lame jokes at his own expense.
Ultimate Spider-Man is also a guilty pleasure of mine. It has aged badly but the focus on teenage romance was good. I liked the drama and wished modern comics still had stuff like that.
Today I mostly just read European fantasy and scifi comics. not only is the art a thousand times better then the average dc and marvel comic but they also have unique stories free of sjw propaganda

DC isnt so sjw-driven to be fair.

show me some female characters that still have have their old costume and breast size and still get drawn in a sexual way like the used to pre sjw take over in 2014

it´s sjw driven enough to no longer offer enjoyment for the likes of me

It's because it's far more complex and hard job than what Yea Forums thinks

>he objectifies women
>he thinks female heroes should just look sexy and thats it

fuck out, nigger

Yeah they were but in the end they didn't create enough buzz so they're no longer part of the lifestyle brand of DC comics. Now market research shows that people are still talking about the walking dead so we're excited to announce a zombie story, in 2019, with the writer of the most talked about DC property, the Injustice comics, Tom taylor in charge of it.
It being a zombie story in 2019.

Attached: Pam_Lifford.jpg (2574x1716, 2.07M)

Wonder woman, Hawkgirl, Miss Martian, black canary, the female fire, just about anyone or everyone.

>DiDio acknowledged unrest regarding the comics industry right now, but asked comic book retailers not to share their complaints about DC Comics – or others – with their customers. Rather, to hold themselves to a higher standard than the fans.

> King and Bendis shitting up the Batman and Superman comics.
> King destroying the fuck out of the entire DCU with HiC.

Yes, yes it's the fans who are wrong. Not my bad approving bad story-lines.

> This is what Didiot actually thinks.

characters are objects and lust is a valid desire

This x1,000,000 Rebirth really put DC on solid footing and then Didio and Co. shit the bed, as usual.

Attached: grevious_had_enough_of_your_shit.gif (390x357, 2.95M)

gays and women do the same to men why shouldn´t I as well?

haven't you been paying any attention, the days of Rich leaks being fake are over. He's been pretty much spot on the last two years

What LCS doesn't sell manga?
I legit have not been to a bookstore that had comics but not manga. Maybe a retail store but those are basically glorified garage sales.

Eh if they'll give over half their store space for tabletop game nerds, which I've seen plenty of LCS do, I doubt weeb stank is any worse.

>most comics
>implying he even keeps up with checking full comic lists a week, let alone knows what majority of their plot summaries are
You dummy

>buy my white widow
I mean Zenescope!

Attached: white widow.jpg (680x1856, 376K)

I already cut back on my DC books when they ruined most of my favorite titles

You know I meant,
It's dead jim.

STFU Rich. You are still a filthy liar

>Today I mostly just read European fantasy and scifi comics.
BASED

Attached: Arawn T4 The Cauldron of blood (2011) - Page 11.jpg (1920x2780, 884K)

Capefags BTFO

Manga keeps winning

It makes it hard to take anything they do at face value when they'll just ruin it the same way they always do everytime

Probably this, I haven't heard anything about those books and at my lcs they're not selling at all.

Tired: Blaming Dan Didio
Uninspired: Blaming Rich Johnston
Wired: Blaming Pam Lifford

You're giving the stereotypes to weebs as people who read comics pre-2000s. Anime is just as mainstream as comics are today. Sure you'll have the occasionally smelly weeb but for the most part they're just normie virgins that do not know how to socialize and I'm ok with that because I hate talking in person to weebs and cbr alike.

>Today I mostly just read European fantasy and scifi comics
Mine are pulp sci-fi comics, Judge dredd and Hellboy.

Got any recommendations for Euro Comics?

Not every man has moobs you know. Don't apply your own experiences to others, and answer his question rather than dismissing it. Or do you believe women don't have breasts?

This. I spend around $20-$25 on comics each week because I want to support the industry and reading comics give me joy. I also mostly pick up DC or indie comics because Marvel is just pandering and has an agenda at this point. I still read Daredevil and ASM but it's mostly shit now at Marvel.

Not that user,
But don't let this user turn this into a women assumption shape post spam. Please...

I'm not the user he responded to either.

Euro and Japanese comics are the way to go and have been for decades now.

Bruh just give up at Marvel and read some indie stuff, they have beautiful drawn woman that have some good writing behind it.

I wish Batman, Superman, Tec and Action Comics get cancelled.

>"I demand you engage me in the manner that I am accustomed to!"

Hard pass, bro-tits.

How's Antartica Press with Fred Perry Gold Digger? I stopped reading it after the early 2000s. Is it still going?

>many of them still refuse to sell manga
prove it

What are some good euros Comics?

>Japanese
no, Japs are shit with telling stories with fapbait. Eurocomics actually have good art and storytelling with it. Don't lump shit Manga with Bande Dessinée

No one ever complained about Storm and she was in the best selling comic for a couple decades. But compare Storm to your typical abrasive bull dyke minority woman in most comics today and you will see the difference.

>Dynamite and BOOM!
Would literally die without diamond distribution.

I'm sorry you're such a spastic that you think that's out of the ordinary. Most people, upon being asked a question, or being challenged try to address it.

Want to know how i know you've had little exposure to European and Japanese comics?

>yeah bro just let me and my huge man tits get away with saying shit, don't call me out on it, lol what do you think I am?

Dude, exercise can work wonders. Also answer the question.

Tom King is so depressed, DC is killing itself

>However, he did tell retailers that DC Comics would be cutting their publishing numbers back, by a further ten to fifteen percent
>cutting half your comics

Jeez, DC is dead. Stick a fork in it.

I can't believe that Johns ruined it this quickly.

What a cuck.

>Didio admits he hates DC fans
What an asshole. Why does he still have a job?

Not that user, but Jason's work is fun if you're not picky on genre.
Other than that, there's Vittorio Giardino's work: Little Ego, an erotic Little Nemo parody, Max Fridman, and Sam Pezzo. I'd highly recommend Hungarian Rapsody as a Max Fridman entry, as that got this Velma Dinkley lookalike. Giardino's art is truly something.

Then there's the usual. The Incal by Moebius with Jodorowsky, and Moebius' Blueberry and contributions to Heavy Metal.
Morris' Lucky Luke.
Hegrè's Adventures of Tintin.
Lise Myrhe's Nemi (strip comic).
Oystein Runde's Bjartmann (dunno if this is translated).
Euro Disney shit. PK comes to mind.

Yea Forums BTFO once again

You don't read comics

Attached: 001.jpg (1920x2532, 1.68M)

You're saying that like they did something stupid, like having Catwoman beat up three Flashes while Poison Ivy controlled the world, or having Harley Quinn evade the Trinity with Superman then saying she's better than Batman, or having Darkseid become Harvey Weinstein for no reason. Or have Catwoman figure out who Superman is within a day, have nightlong be forced to become a stripper to pay his bills or have Harley, Red Hood, and Batgirl take on the evil white male MRA on two separate occasions. Or the Wonder Twins comparing their Utopia to Sweden. Or Batgirl’s friend being upset xe was misgendeded.

But by all means, keep living in denial.

>things i personally do not like is ess jay double you

>10-15% is now 50%
amazing

Daily reminder that didio prefers marvel

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail

the last article about this said DC was cutting down to 22 books (which is mentioned in this article). Didio said it was outright false, and Rich, like the faggot he is, posted the update way down at the bottom of the article.

Get lost Dan didio

Stop saving face Dan Didio...

>DON’T YOU DARE CRITICIZE US! WE OWN YOU, SLAVES! FUCK THE FANS! WE DA BEST!

Can DC go bankrupt already? Please? They treat their fanbase like garbage and they treat their characters/IPs even worse. They don’t deserve to exist.

>But he stated that DC Comics have better comic books than their rivals because they pay their creators higher page rates than Marvel.

Yeah, but most of them are exclusive contracts with Marvel has-beens like Bendis and King.

You are safer buying and stocking Manga than DC. Especially since Manga sales are high and DC’s are falling.

THIS
H
I
S

>Rather, to hold themselves to a higher standard than the fans.

They don't owe you a fucking thing Didio. You've backstabbed at every turn.

Attached: 19.jpg (480x360, 29K)

You just describe the stereotypical fat comicbook owner and reader.

>Am I out of touch?
>No, it the fanbase and customers that are wrong!
Oh Didio, you fucking idiot.

DC stands for "Don't Care".

Attached: Dan Didio is amused.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Kek

>Cut my company into pieces!
>This is my last DC comic!
>Cancellation!
>No Readers!
>Don't give a fuck if I ruin our characters

>This is my last DC comic

He isn't wrong.

Yeah, that’s why DC sales are in the crapper, eh Didio?

>Didio: It’s the fans fault out edgy comics are so shitty and don’t sell!

I didn’t know DC was this incompetent.

Really? Everyone else did

maybe they'd be successful if most of DC's writers didn't look like variations of the same overweight white bald baby

right now i am reading Saga Valta, Royal Blood, Valerian & Laureline, Lanfeust of Troy, Castle In the Stars: The Space Race of 1869, Eagles of Rome, Ekho, Elric, Dwarfs, there are really so many

And Marvel isn't?

Such as?

Look at the december comichron numbers. Marvel is killing it.

it being the industry.

Now it stands for Dead Company

Some people are new to comics friend, very, very new.

Attached: Die Laughing-015.jpg (2598x3248, 996K)

Can Disney buyout DC and fire everyone already? Please?

Disney does not have more money than AT&T. No way that is happening.

Marvel's sales are consistent,their books lose 1-2K readers a month per book which is the rate it's always been DC is bleeding readers Batman has lost 50K readers since July's marriage stunt

I don't think anyone is going to buy DC but in the next 10 years IDW, Dynamite or Dark Horse will be licensing DC proprieties to keep DC books going in stores.

Wow, so the chance of another The Shadow and Batman crossover will come again?

Didio always hates the fans. For nearly twenty years, he's been shitting on DC's fanbase and burning bridges with everyone.

Attached: Didio on fun.png (500x180, 21K)

Isn't this the guy deliberately kill off fan-favorite characters for petty reasons? Is he actually a sociopath?

Bendis, DiDio, Johns, King, Morrison and Rucka

No, that's Johns.

That's not losing readers, it's basically going back to its original base level after thr hyped died.

Marvel's also being buoyed a bit by the success of their movies.

DC, on the otherhand, is still suffering from the fallout of Warner's internal war for CEO, which Didio is a product of.

RIP DC

No, that's just butthurt fanboys playing the victim card.

The fact that Didio is writing books at all is a good indicator of the state of DC.

The co-publisher of the company is literally stealing work from writers.

But Aquaman made a billion dollars and is loved by all. Even Wonder Woman was liked by critics

Maybe if Didio and the rest of the comics division were full of idiots they would know how to market and sell the comics characters. Instead they just rely on BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN.

Meanwhile Marvel has made Kamala Kahn a household name and she has no movie.

*drops the mic*

>DC tries to strongarm comic shops and blames readers for all their fuck ups while putting out shitty edgy comics

It’s the New 52 all over again! We even got another Zombie event!

Pretty much. Rich is already back tracking

>Meanwhile Marvel has made Kamala Kahn a household name and she has no movie.

I'm literally sick of seeing Kamala in everything. They even had to shove her into the fucking Exiles.

>But Aquaman made a billion dollars and is loved by all. Even Wonder Woman was liked by critics

But that was after FOUR box office disasters, three of which featuring their FLAGSHIP CHARACTERS.

There is no escape from DC's(Warner's) incompetence. Didio being an asshat is just salt in the wound.

Attached: batmad.jpg (641x364, 18K)

The only one that was a financial flop was JL.

yeah its just pisspoor managing

>Marvel's sales are consistent,their books lose 1-2K readers a month

Attached: 1458943235874.png (455x443, 230K)

No.

>But Aquaman made a billion dollars
Wow one whole movie did well out of six soon to be out of ten

>loved by all
Not even close. Even most of you DC retards hate it because it "betrays Snyder by being a Marvel ripoff"

>Wow one whole movie did well out of six soon to be out of ten
>Soon to be out of 10
Can't really call the franchise a disaster if it get's 10 movies

>believing Didio
just kys

Not to mention how they have succesful and critically acclaimed tv shows. I mean Doom Patrol is already getting rave reviews yet DC has no Doom Patrol comic at all. If they were smart then they would have tried to capitalize on it.

I'm tring to make /aco/ a worthwhile board so Arawn is a place to start for eurocomics, I will keep posting more

This is why I prefer Marvel. They treat their fans with respect.

>Can't really call the franchise a disaster if it get's 10 movies
DKeks proving once again that they're fucking retarded

The only reason MOS and BVS made money was because Warner blew their load early. They were both riding hard on the novelty of Superman and Batman.

Once Justice League hit, audiences knew what to expect from DC movies.

It’s amazing how Didio managed to burn DC comics to the ground this quickly. I expect at least another three years before thing went to shit but damn I am impressed.

You don't read comics.

If they mostly sold out every month, yes. But the turnover is terrible and they constantly need to free up shelf space. A store that sells blenders and toasters can afford to have one sit on the shelf for a lot longer than someone who sells something that has a new version every month. That's why the pre-comic shop version of the market made so much more sense. Sold or not, you get 100% of product off of the shelves every month.

>this quickly

Give the guy some credit. He's been working on it for seventeen years.

>Batman has lost 50K readers since July's marriage stunt
Doesn’t help that Tom King decided to take a vacation and put Batman in ten issues of half-assed filler.
I mean, a Catwoman Bachelorette Party for a wedding that didn’t happen? Really?

And then Aquaman made over a billion dollars. But keep moving those goal posts.

And then Aquaman made a billion. Most people really do not care about what company a film is from and will just see what looks interesting to them. It's why Fox can shit the bed hard with Fantastic Four but people will still go see Deadpool

>but asked comic book retailers not to share their complaints about DC Comics – or others – with their customers.
Not excusing Didio but this is actually good advice. Actively shit talking your product to customers is not a good business strategy.

The main Batman book has consistently been selling over 100k since Morrison wrote Batman RIP. This January was the fist time Batman sold below 90k in years.

>Hopes:
Naomi
Young Justice
Batman
Catwoman

>Realistic Expectations:
Supergirl
Silencer
Curse of Brimstone
The Immortal Men

I feel most of the Post-Metal character books will get the axe.

Attached: 1495721377248.jpg (234x247, 32K)

>Curse of Brimstone

Already cancelled with #13

KEK That sarcasm

Why no one cares about Sergio Bonelli? Their comics are kino.

Attrition was bound to bring it down eventually. Selling 90K is still good. It's still the main top selling book of the DC.

Immortal Men was cancelled ages ago.

Obviously what the Batman book needs is even more filler and padding. Make sure the story is still going nowhere.

Not including any from imprints?
Green Arrow
Hawkman
Supergirl
Titans

And it happens to bring it down right after Batman #50 and one of the most controversial bait-and-switches of 2018, followed by months of filler issues.

Yeah, just attrition. Nothing to do with Tom King's writing, all coincidence.

Green arrow and titans are already cancelled

T. Usual casualgater idiot

Titans and Green Arrow are already cancelled.

Supergirl might survive because of the TV show.

It's the top seller of any ongoing. I'm looking at the sales for December and I'm not sure where all this talk about DC's sales tanking is coming from. It utterly dominated the top 10. Marvel has a bigger market share but looking at the units it seems Marvel just puts out way more books

You're acting like it's crashing and burning, which it isn't.

Fuck off mirko gelli

Well that makes sense. Titans was aimeless since Dick and Wally left

DC And Marvel are both in trouble idiot.

>Bendis leaves Marvel
>Marvel is good again
>Bendis goes to DC
>DC goes to shit
Someone stop this monster!

I didn't realize Marvel was run by Didio too, dumbass

>Meanwhile Marvel has made Kamala Kahn a household name

Attached: 8ff.jpg (800x640, 185K)

It's not crashing and burning, it's handbrake is off and its slowly sliding downhill. It's not gonna lose all its readers overnight, and DC would step in before it got really bad (Like Marvel did when they realized Legacy wasn't gonna salvage ASM's sales), but it is bleeding them gradually and consistently.

Comics are still shit dumbass,
Marvel is dying,
DC is dying,
Only the movies and shows keep them alive.
Shut the fuck up dumbass,
Get your company war was shitposter Bitch self out of here.

This is what happens when you ruin Wally West. Wally West is the heart and center of the DCU, when you ruin him for stupid edgy reason the whole universe goes to shit.
/thread

All it's done is basically go back to pre-wedding hype numbers.

No, it wasn't. No book was selling 100k in late reply 2000s. Batman became a top seller under Snyder.

Pre-wedding hype never dipped this low.

It would have been around the current numbers with just basic attrition, it's pretty clear when you look at the bigger picture. That's why it's dumb to say people are dropping the book like flies, because the hype inflated the sales considerably and it's simply been leveling out to what it's natural sales at this point of its run really ought to be.

Get lost Dan Didio

>Probably this, I haven't heard anything about those books and at my lcs they're not selling at all.

Vertigo linr has been in bad shape since 2005/6 and even then it wasnt that great. I think sweet tooth was there last big hitter or maybe DMZ.

The new 52 Catwoman, Redhood and the outlaws and teen titans were trash. Holy fuck man that’s some really shit taste. Name some more comics you like

Good lord, literally Damage Control comics, what a cuck.

I'd say Sweet Tooth because that was out in 2009.

DCucks will always be in forever damage control mode, the problem is always the others

>Please retailers, don't leave us like the readers and Wendy's did, please!

LoL what a PR.
The absolute state of DC.

The worst part is that isn't the first time he's done this. Every retailer summit or fan interaction involves him trying to mitigate a disaster he caused.

Warner basically raped that imprint.

My bad, desu. I didn't follow the books so I honestly had no clue.

I would say Northlanders was their last good book

This is just embarrassing.

>hating Nocenti
pleb

More like DCucks, Detective Cucks

Would this be the first sensible thing DiDio ever did for DC?

Cutting the 15% dead weight that nobody actually buys so they can focus on getting a more cohesive universe again? In theory, yes. In theory

Like communism?

Are these posts by the same person?

What?

What?

Simpsons meme.

No, he’s cutting books so he can give move to King and Bendis.

Attached: Sure, Ladderbro.jpg (1200x800, 137K)

So where's the guy from the thread the other day who was defending Pamela Lifford, saying this wasn't her doing?
comicsbeat.com/comicspro-nancy-spears-is-heading-up-dcs-sales-and-more/
>Why is all this happening? Well, you may also have heard that AT&T purchased Warner Bros, and although many thought it would be months before they turned the eye of Sauron to DC Entertainment, it came at them fast. The entire consumer products division has been revamped under new boss Pam Lifford. While DC is under the gun to get costs under control, it’s also part of wider cutbacks in Lifford’s entire area, as WBCP also had layoffs.
This is all because of AT&T.

DC is dead. Bury it.

>believing Rich The Leech
Just continue your retarded existence so we can all point and laugh at retards like you.

Good. DC & Marvel need people who won't turn a blind eye to their idiocy just because the movies are making money.

The fuck does that even mean?

it means publishing dozens of shitty books just to keep an on-going low level promotion of a character that might be getting a movie in 5 years is a stupid idea

DC and Marvel are for IP Farms (Movies, Games, TV Shows). They Comics are practically obselete. Disney know this, Warner (and AT&T) know this. Just let it die.

Adding this,
Just let the Comics Division (DC and Marvel) die off man. They're only making worse as it continues.

They're not though, they're at the same ratio of shit to good books as they've been for decades.

They haven't been good since the 90s (especially Marvel which went bankrupt in their own way). It's finally catching up to him.

MCU Killed The Comic Book Store

I was hoping he'd tell them he's jumping off of a fucking cliff with a backpack full of weights.

MTGfags are smellier than anything I've ever encountered aside from one immensely fat possibly with rotting flesh homeless woman at port authority in NYC.

Who cares about Marvel? Fuck them. I fucking wish Didio would fuck off to Marvel with Lee Bendis King and all the other merry Marvel fucks.

The same thing happened with DC You. They're gonna tell stories (You) want instead of this New 52 shit. They're not going to be autistic with continuity, etc. etc Then nobody bought it because it was the same shit, just with worse continuity for the most part.

>they flopped
>they didn't
>b-but it... justice league
Aquaman made a billion go drown yourself searching for a proper reply.

BvS was kino

Yeah except for one of those whose movies TV shows and games don't bring in much money

Is DC even still making games? Seems like Injustice 2 was the last one except for that Lego game

MoS was kino. BvS was a rushed desicion.

It's all about who's will die out first user,
DC or Marvel. Either way they'll both die off so it's a lose-lose situation.

I think Lego was their game after injustice 2[spoiler/].

The only characters greenlit for movies are flagship ones, and I doubt they're going to just stop pushing publishing Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Birds of Prey doesn't even have an ongoing anymore I don't think.

> Birds of Prey doesn't even have an ongoing anymore I don't think.
Neither will Green Arrow in another month.

Eh, Is Hulk a gay Chinese dude?

holy shit, how casual are you?

How will MAD get further affected by this? Two editors and an art director have already been kicked off.

I keep rereading my Power of Shazam run. New52 Animal Man and Swamp Thing runs, along with DIAL H.
The only comics I care about and follow are: Sideways (based), The Green Lantern, MMPR, GGPR, SHAZAM! (essentiaslly another PR book)
>I dropped GL when Hal n Pals ended,
>dropped the Flash when Force Quest started and they leaked the twist in Heroes in Crisis,
>dropped: JL when..fuck almost when it started
>Action when Bendis climbed on
>'tec when they finished the "future Tim Drake" arc
>Red Hood after RHOL ended
>WW when whats her name took over, I gave her an issue an it was boring
>Dropped Batman after "was ruining the wedding part of your plan?"
I dropped so much shit last year, I remember spreading it out like 3 weeks at my LCS so I didnt just go in one day and say "hey just cancel ALL of my pull list, thanks man"

If you applaud your enemy...you win?

Fuck. Not that I read it anymore but it doesn't deserve to be collateral damage