White eyes mean power surged power

White eyes mean power surged power

Attached: tmnttournamentfighters.jpg (2100x1534, 1.89M)

Attached: 1543949798991.png (600x450, 51K)

Never forget....

Attached: 1993542-final_fight_poison.png (450x243, 136K)

I don't get why Roxy isn't more popular. She looks identical to Poison except she doesn't have a dick.

>>I don't get why Roxy isn't more popular.
>>She looks identical to Poison except she doesn't have a dick.
Kinda answering your own question there.

How is this relevant to the OP?

if you'd played the game, then you'd known it was a character from it

I had the megadrive version and I was so confused when karai showed up at the end. I had no idea who she was.
I heard recently that she was only created around the time the game's came out.
Is that true?

Let's be real, the Japanese version looks uncomfortable.

isn't that character from final fight, though? OP posted a pic from TMNT Tournament fighters. Am I missing something?

Karai was introduced in November 1992 (TMNT #53). Tournament Fighters came out in 1993, so I'd say that's about right, yeah.

The game put her in as an Original the Character (Donut Steel).

Two posts were quoted, one had a screenshot from Tournament Fighters and the other one from Final Fight

Thanks.
For a while, I had the impression Karai had been a long-standing character from the Mirage Turtles series before eventually making it into Tournament fighters.
My sense of the Mirage comic timeline isn't great, though. I'd originally thought the revenge-against-maggot-Shredder story arc was very early in the run, but apparently it might have actually occured in the 90s?

I think Poison has primacy over Roxy for whatever reason, I'm not sure if she's encountered sooner, or more often than Roxy, but people tend to see her as the main one of the two.
It also took quite a while for the terrible secret within Poison's shorts to come to light in the West, so I suspect a lot of people took a shine to her long before the dick had a chance to scare them off.

>so I suspect a lot of people took a shine to her long before the dick had a chance to scare them off.
The prime 90s fighter waifu was Cammy White
She beat out Chun and all the others when she made her appearance and those asscheeks graced many a cover of video game magazines

Side question for the kiddies since I turn 33 this weekend - are video game magazines still a thing?

Not really. GameInformer and PC Gamer are still limping along, but that's it. Nintendo Power ended in 2012, Tips and Tricks and EGM for a while.

It was showing examples of regional differences

Attached: 054a9a38c45db9f9d849eb9817f48dbd.jpg (1988x3156, 608K)

I was always fairly impressed by how eclectic the roster in these games were. You had a bunch of cartoon characters like Chromedome & Krang, Archie comics characters War & Armaggon, and some from the Mirage comics like Triceraton & Karai too.

>My sense of the Mirage comic timeline isn't great, though. I'd originally thought the revenge-against-maggot-Shredder story arc was very early in the run, but apparently it might have actually occured in the 90s?

Mirage published their books very sporadically, so even early in the book's run numerically is actually several years from from when it started.

The Turtles killed Shredder in TMNT #1, which was May 1984. They killed the resurrected worm-Shredder in TMNT #21 which was May 1989. So if you're reading a stack of TMNT comics, it seems like they had their rematch with the Shredder early in the series history, but in real-time it took 5 years to see it happen.

You just answered your own question, dingus

is it weird that the US version is sexier to me?

Nah, everyone has their fetishes

Poison is the stronger of the two with more HP and attack strength, but mostly because of dick.

GROUNDCLAW GROUNDCLAW

>Poison is stronger and has more HP than Roxy because Poison is a man and Roxy is a woman

Ohhhhhhhh, NOW I GET IT.

I remember that in the megadrive/Genesis version, you could play as the bosses using an Action Replay, which wasn't that unusual in of itself, you could do something similar with Mortal Kombat. What was odd was that the bosses worked absolutely fine like this - the game didn't crash, and they had a full set of Normal and Special moves done with the same sort of commands as the regular characters

You got that right, OP

Attached: white eyes.jpg (825x464, 117K)

Always preferred the SNES version of Tournament Fighters over the Genesis. Better roster, better music, and the controls seemed tighter. Though the genesis version did have this kind of creepy atmosphere going on, especially when it came to the stage backgrounds.

>nobody likes NES Tournament Fighters

Well fuck you too then

That had the dragon guy from the Archie comics right? I think the NES version gave him a crap name, though

Yeah they used his action figure name. Hothead.
I think the NES version is the only one with a playable Casey Jones, too.

To be honest, Fu Sheng's original name was shit, too. "Warrior Dragon".

Still salty Ninjara didn't make it into any version of TF.

He was playable in the other shitty version, too.

It wasn't as good as the SNES version, but the Sega one wasn't bad, and Casey was one of the more fun characters in it.

Armagon and War were based. As I grew up I was dissapointed they didn't show up in TMNT media more.

"Warrior Dragon" isn't great, but I'd still take it any day over Hothead.
It's been years since I played The megadrive version, i do recall that i liked playing as triceraton or whatever he was called.
Looking it up, it seems weird that the control scheme was Punch, Kick Taunt. Having so few buttons, yet dedicating one of them to taunting seems really weird.

Attached: usagi comrades.png (546x601, 70K)

Sounds like the bosses were dummied out of the final retail version and all the Game Genie does is re-enable them.

I was always a little disappointed Slash wasn't in any of these

Was it one of the first fighting games to include a taunt button? It also had some multi-level stages where you could smash through the floor, and a post-match action replay feature, while the SNES version was one of the earlier fighting games where you could charge up power for a super attack.

No Bebop or Rocksteady either, which was odd, as was Shredder not being in the Sega version.

Man, the Genesis version sucked. Only game I ever sold and didn't bother buying back later.

I think SNK beat them by a few years with a taunt and power-up functions, I suspect those both originated in the Art of Fighting.
I remember the multi-level stages, but I totally forgot about the instant-replay.

Now that you mention it, that does seem like a glaring omission. You'd expect at least one of the versions to have at least Bebop or Rocksteady.

It's been so long since I played it. You know, I think I'll download and play it on an emulator tomorrow.
I want to see how well I do with my greatly-improved fighting game know-how

Attached: bebop stupid clothes.jpg (800x490, 141K)

At least B&R are in the background of one of the stages in the SNES version.