What is the most uncomfortable/unnerved an animation has made you?

What is the most uncomfortable/unnerved an animation has made you?

Attached: promo240505602.jpg (480x270, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes
youtube.com/watch?v=CyV_hJ5mDkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UjgHbRrnjhU
youtube.com/watch?v=QNwCojCJ3-Q
youtu.be/_NT2ZiPIukw
youtube.com/watch?v=VVl7NXz3TxQ
vimeo.com/201074396
youtu.be/x0jiHtJoE0U
youtu.be/AHf7CqtK2sw
youtube.com/watch?v=KUXKUcsvhQc
youtube.com/watch?v=fHiGbolFFGw
youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw
youtube.com/watch?v=0EW3wlPJofs
youtu.be/_1aGDRNF-sA
youtube.com/watch?v=mDvVKJtLocQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g
youtube.com/watch?v=VRPxao3e_jY
youtube.com/watch?v=dmYF_YzrvGo
youtu.be/L0K6Cb1ZoG4
youtube.com/watch?v=85V7aqcwJ3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bVKy2Va7Ds0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1025211-2015-bristol-festival-puppetry-showcase-parry-purves-brothers-quay.jpg (1024x698, 173K)

Probably the rape scene in the 3rd Berserk movie.

Western wise The Phantom Stranger from Mark Twain. Creeped me out as a kid. Terrified me as an adult. The idea of a god having the personality and thoughtless cruelty of a child is scary.

>PLEASE GOD, HELP ME
Either that scene from the matrix animation or Chirpy

The entirety of Felidae. I was unfortunate to have watched it at the age of 8...it's had a lasting impact.

what's this from?

Fantastic Planet, or La planète sauvage in its original title. Trippy French paper-cutout film animated in Czechoslovakia.

youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes
It's such a unique design as well, it would have been so easy to just make some generic devil character but they went out of their way to make something really cool.

Attached: Nv8V.gif (480x360, 3.31M)

A separation

Attached: download.jpg (282x179, 5K)

There is an absurdly gory and edgy animation somewhere, watched 2 seconds of it and noped out because I'm squeamish.

Perfect Blue.
As far as Western stuff goes
>DID DID DID DID YOU SEE THE FRIGHTENED ONES?
>DID DID DID DID YOU HEAR THE FALLING BOMBS?

probably Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor.

Attached: tumblr_mbrjs0vIsp1ruwmo7o1_500.jpg (448x252, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CyV_hJ5mDkQ

The Animatrix: The Second Renaissance so easily that movie traumatized me as kid.

There was that one video of a guy going down into a basement and fighting a guy who had a couple of people in it. He kept dismembering them and it was extremely detailed. So much work on the animation, it makes me wonder for the guy. I think it was on vimeo. Can't remember the name.

I remember watching this short animated adaptation Blue Beard when i was a kid that freaked me out. I've tried many times to find but no luck.

Probably this
youtube.com/watch?v=UjgHbRrnjhU

And thisPeople seemed to really embrace how inherently creepy stopmotion animation is back in the 80's/90's.

Not much manages to creep me out when it's overtly creepy, but for some reason I've always been severely creeped out by Cyriak's animation, "Meow".

youtube.com/watch?v=QNwCojCJ3-Q

>No! Please! I'm real!

Attached: 8af44f682ccc80510cb5792fa686238c.gif (400x223, 1.87M)

You were supposed to watch it high, user. Seriously, wtf is it with zoomers and not watching drug movies while on something?

The Sandman is one of the few things I remember that creeped me out as a kid but as an adult absolutely terrifies me now.

Hard to believe that the guy behind that went on to make commercials for Puffs kleenex's..

I know it's pretty mild by today's standards but Salad fingers pretty much popped my cherry when it came to creepy cartoons. I don't think I was ever affected by an animation since, because David prepared me beforehand

I gotta give some major props to David Firth when it comes to his animations, especially Salad Fingers. He can make you utterly terrified of him but at the same time, feel pity for him.

Simpsons Claymation

youtu.be/_NT2ZiPIukw

>popped my cherry
I never knew how to describe it but that's it. That's exactly it. After watching Salad Fingers I just wanted more creepy shit down my gullet. Thank God for David Firth.

This one Aardman short that was supposed to be a metaphor for the military-industrial complex. Bonus points for coming from a studio with such an innocuous image.

Something about this genuinely unnerves me. I think its the pitched down noises the big politician makes in combination with the repeating of "Peace and Profit".
youtube.com/watch?v=VVl7NXz3TxQ

Hivemind

Attached: 1536014557481.png (1704x934, 1.42M)

Because its just that good. I think the best part is the climax where the big politician's abdomen bursts, swamping the area with blood, planes, and warheads, which symbolizes the price of war being the blood of the people.
Someone in the YouTube comment section pointed out that "profit" can also be interpreted as "prophet", which adds a whole layer to it as well.
I posted a higher quality version in my post if you want to see it. I'm glad someone else appreciates this animation.

Attached: Babylon.jpg (898x667, 43K)

In general, i think claymation is the best technique to scare people.
BUT WHY? Does it stratch the Uncanny Valley of "looks real but it aint but its moving at a very creppy rate" ?

Attached: 1532275188422.jpg (500x480, 33K)

Uncanny valley is a big part of it.

ffffffffuck

I feel that a lot of the creepiness factor of claymation is from how the entire figure seems to be in constant motion because of tiny indentations and imperfections left by the animator while repositioning it between shots. Newer claymation tends to be smoother and cleaner, which mitigates this.

Was it this one?
vimeo.com/201074396

Attached: 1550372531610.gif (320x182, 128K)

Was it

damn
That reminds me, the damn penguin from the mechanical trousers. God how I hate his eyes.

Attached: Nala Eyes.jpg (1209x680, 55K)

He made sequels based on "resivoir dogs" and "fabulous secret powers" respectively.
youtu.be/x0jiHtJoE0U
youtu.be/AHf7CqtK2sw

>The Animatrix: The Second Renaissance
This.
It left a lasting impression.
>Those fucking screams.

Attached: 1457576605653.png (258x341, 104K)

Weird, I just watched this movie. Are there and other movies like this, where it's just an excuse to look at weird shit for about 90 minutes?

>credits play
Well, that was horrendously scary, but I've seen worse.
>eyeless kid wanders around
FUCK THAT I WANT MY MOMMY

Pink Floyd's the Wall. The head animator also did Disney's Hercules

Whoa shit, well that was something.

Attached: 1547755414796.jpg (525x736, 31K)

The final scene from "When the Wind Blows".

Excuse me, what the fuck.

Not Without My Handbag

didn't look at it but judging by other people's reactions it's surely that one.

Can someone give me a run down of what happens in it?

Basically in the first half there's a traumatized girl who pissed herself and a pregnant woman with needles in her eyes being mutilated in horrific ways, and at one point the unborn fetus was torn open, ground into paste and the little girl was forced to eat the sludge. 2nd half is just standard superjail-style violence against some police officers trying to stop the murderer.

According to the description: "This short film was made over a span of 10 years as a side-project while I mostly focused on my professional career. (As an animator for Superjail, Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, etc) It`s meant to be unnerving, and a direct challenge to anyone who would support censorship.

Meaning simply: If you enjoy the film, then I thank you, and am glad you enjoyed it. If you are offended by the film, then good…I`m glad I offended you."

No, fuck it. For your sanity don't watch it

Attached: 1550493517633.jpg (560x709, 88K)

The music video for Dir en Grey’s “Agitated Screams of Maggots”
I’m not posting it, find it yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=KUXKUcsvhQc

literally traumatized me

Paranoid android
youtube.com/watch?v=fHiGbolFFGw
Some soviet cartoons:
youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw
youtube.com/watch?v=0EW3wlPJofs

youtu.be/_1aGDRNF-sA

Attached: that's fucking brutal.jpg (931x280, 42K)

Is that a Tool MV?

remind me demonphobia

youtube.com/watch?v=mDvVKJtLocQ

For some reason

That was extraordinarily stupid.

i hate that limited animation style. something about the movements really unnerve me. the creator of fantastic planet made an earlier short called Les Escargots, which i've never seen all of but first encountered looking up tool songs on yt youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g
also i really hate the animation you see in monty python movies

I would have started laughing when the guy's cenobite oc had stupid ninja powers if the entire thing wasn't so fucking stupid

King Star King.

I can handle just about anything else, but luridness at this level is unbearable.

Attached: 1522896459165.jpg (960x540, 142K)

I think I'm the only person alive that fucks with KSK
Yeah its pretty fucking stupid and over the top but I think the visuals and animation are pretty damn unique

Happy Tree Friends

Watching this with a group of people after my roommate decided it was the funniest shit ever. Then it gets into the long gore sequence that every episode has and at first I'm like ha gore that's funny... then I realize that's every episode's only joke from start to finish. I love slapstick but cmon. It fell so fucking flat that after the second episode someone grabbed my roommate's DVD and threw it outside. It wasn't the show that was uncomfortable, it was how humiliating it was for my roommate that he actually thought it was good.

I thought it was beast and prophet

Try the director's two other films, Time Masters and Gandahar. Nowhere near as "weird" as Fantastic Planet, but they're of the same stock.
Or Son of the White Mare for a full-on animated trip with eye-searing colors. It's actually full of meanings and symbolism, but a lot of it is rather cryptic unless you're an expert on European folk symbolism.

Oh man, I remember seeing this a kid, still makes me uncomfortable. Absolutely gutting piece of animation.

I watched this for the first time with 14 and couldn't sit through the whole thing again until I was 25
youtube.com/watch?v=VRPxao3e_jY

I didn't get it why is it terrifying

Attached: 672.jpg (1280x960, 111K)

Also at the end one of the police officers manages to shoot and kill the bad guy :D

There was this stop-motion anthology kids horror show that aired on late night kids tv on some the brit version of some station (boomerang or cartoon network I think). I cant remember what iit was or anything about it really except that it was hosted a creepy as fuck clay old man who would casually tell you these stories of kids being sucked down plug holes in the bath or eaten by spiders or whatever and the aesthetic of that show gave me a fuckload of nightmares.

I remembered the name. It was Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids.
This shit was a lot scarier when I was 5
youtube.com/watch?v=dmYF_YzrvGo

I don’t get scared from children’s media, sorry, and before you r/iamverybadass me, just know I fought in Iraq and have over 20+ confirmed kills.

Agreed, probably the big reason I got into Tool and Primus.

>ywn be lovingly dissected by a weird alien man

I wish a cluster of black balls would just kill me now.

>Probably the rape scene in the 3rd Berserk movie.
wait, what?

what scene is this?

I really liked it. It was eerie but it worked well with the stuffy politicians hypocritically speaking of peace and profiting from military action.

I'm surprised that this is an Aardman production. I didn't expect this from the cheese and crackers studio

what the fuck is this shit?

I was laughing all the way through this because it reminded me of Superjail and then sure enough
>This short film was made over a span of 10 years as a side-project while I mostly focused on my professional career. (As an animator for Superjail, Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, etc)

Bit of a weird one but Dominator's song always makes me uncomfortable given the context

Attached: Screenshot (1438).png (1920x1022, 1.21M)

eh, got too tryhard with the gore too fast so it was easy to disconnect. the ending showdown was interesting at least.

When I was a kid, my mom and some friends of hers took their kids and I to some animated anthology theatre showing. All the shorts were nice and family friendly until these two R rated one's that scared me out of the theatre.
The first had this really edgy, grimmy, fast pased style and was about a butcher chasing down a pig and slicing it open. When it was opened however, a sexy woman came out and managed to seductively get close enough to the butcher to stab him in the gut.
The second was more of a slow burner. It was about a girl living with some old woman. Her brother used to live with them, but it was established that he was dead in the beginning. Later the girl finds out that the old woman had poisoned him and was going to poison her too. When the girl refused to eat, the old woman broke the bowl (it was like a stew or something) over her head. When the girl woke up, she killed the old woman in her sleep with a pair of scissors.

>based

>uncomfortable
In the pants, maybe

very interesting tho

Happy tree friends unironically. I was still young back then and was browsing some random flash game site. I stumbled upon one of the happy tree friends videos somehow, it was the one with the playground and roundabout. Looking back at it the gore was actually really tame, but it really caught me off guard. For the couple of days after seeing it I couldn't stop thinking about it and how wrong it was lmao.

youtu.be/L0K6Cb1ZoG4
4:38

>embed shows exact scene
ffff

Big deal, I have over 300 confirmed kills and am extensively trained in gorilla warfare.

>DID DID DID DID YOU SEE THE FRIGHTENED ONES?
>DID DID DID DID YOU HEAR THE FALLING BOMBS?
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.

Pink Floyd

The Wall

ring any bells?

Censors be like "It's ok because they're robots!" Also my man

Attached: SamuraiJackUltraRobotsUltraGore.jpg (542x405, 40K)

That's fucking cool

youtube.com/watch?v=85V7aqcwJ3Y

Nope, I should watch it.

I would say offence is the proper response.

I muted the audio and went to see if Deicide's "Dead By Dawn" fit the video(Because the "put death metal to violent shit" formula works surprisingly well).
Was interesting because the pregnant woman being tortured started screaming the moment that Eric Hoffman's intro solo started. Also the cenobite dude's faces started shuffling as soon as the "We are what was and shall rule again" section started. Was pretty neat
You can try it out if you want
youtube.com/watch?v=bVKy2Va7Ds0

Alfred's Playhouse by far

I'm pretty sure a good chunk of this concept was the premise for Soma.

>cartoons explaining moral parables and thought experiments
This is actually a really good concept. I wonder if one was picked up people would sue for mental distress over something like roko's basilisk(don't look it up if you have anxiety problems. I know you'll be tempted but speaking from experience you may be sleepless for a night or two.)

Attached: 1529382974953.gif (355x200, 1.25M)

Roko's basilisk is a pretty stupid thing to get hung up on user desu.

> the "teleporter"
fucking lel it's not even a teleporter. turn the machine off halfway through and you're left with a murder case.

>roko's basilisk
It's not really that frightening. It just says that a virtual clone of yourself will be tortured if you don't help create an AI that tortures virtual clones of people who didn't help create the AI. It's like making your bullies in The Sims and torturing them in the game.

Not quite, since the machine only kills the original once the copy is finished.
Man Soma was such a brainfuck

Fucking brilliant.

Pink Floyd's The Wall is so fucking creepy when I was a kid. As an adult, I still find some scenes unnerving but cool at the same time.

Attached: giphy.gif (498x249, 963K)

You're not alone. King Star King is one of my favorite animated series ever. I remember introducing it to some friends who couldn't get past the pilot and I just cannot fathom their small brains.

>If you are offended by the film, then good…I`m glad I offended you.

lmao what a douche

Attached: e2e.jpg (680x671, 79K)

On Toonaml so borderline Yea Forums but the ending of Kakurenbo left me pretty unsettled.

Shock is the lowest emotion to attempt to trigger, if this was truly an attempt to criticize censorship, it's a poor one as it doesn't provoke any thought on the subject or even make a case. It's sole reason to existing is to offend, with some supposed depth slapped over it to call it a story and the creator expects it's existence to be self-justifying.

Spoiler: Berserk has a lot of rape

This is fantastic. That ending is dark as fuck.