Captain Marvel

Why do people want this movie to fail?

Attached: MV5BMTE0YWFmOTMtYTU2ZS00ZTIxLWE3OTEtYTNiYzBkZjViZThiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODMzMzQ4OTI@._V1_[1].jpg (1688x2500, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/alita-battle-angel-ending-bad/
youtube.com/watch?v=snE5X8UKArc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Carol is a bad character being pushed because # feminism

I think the internet doesn't reflect reality. I'm super right wing & love all the Star Wars stuff and want to see this. I don't care about her personal views. These movies are safe for children and adults that's all I care about.

Mostly people just don't want to watch it. People might want it to fail because a profitable but low quality product is always bad for the consumer and this looks like a train wreck.

It's a woman superhero and that's bad! Women are somehow the only bad capes even though all capes are pretty shitty

Mentally replace Carol with a man in the trailers and tell me if it looks good

She’s a woman
Brie Larson is a feminist
Etc

It looks awesome and everybody's who's seen it say it is.

Except thirty morons are far more willing to defend a bad looking cape film with a female protag. Didn't see this level of white knighting when BvS looked like trash.

>Didn't see this level of white knighting when BvS looked like trash.
You must be joking

>Why do people want this movie to fail?

Well, OP, I'd tell you, but you already lack the intelligence to read the HUNDREDS of replies that have been posted here already in the past few weeks specifically stating WHY. Keep 'bating.

>Didn't see this level of white knighting when BvS looked like trash.
There's people to this very same day who staunchly defend BvS and JL from strangers online. And it's not just a handful either.

I just think it kinda sucks that Nick Fury, Monica Rambeau (and her mother) are all being demoted to being Carol's sidekicks when none of them have ever really played that role to her the way that War Machine or Falcon did

Fucking white women

Can you explain it in your own words?

If it fails they could bring Richard Rider for the cosmic and Jennifer Walters for the females, I lke these 2 characters more

She's not even visually appealing. She already said its about what makes her 'feel good' and not what makes paying audience members happy

If she fails there's no chance they're going to bring even more obscure characters in hopes they're better received, you can forget about it. That's not how "voting with your wallet" works.
You gotta keep supporting cosmic in general to get more cosmic... You don't torch current Cosmic Marvel movies in hopes they do what you like. All it signals to them is that people don't like the setting, since they take daring but conservative stakes.

>You don't torch current Cosmic Marvel movies in hopes they do what you like
But people liked GotG and didn't like this? so now that gotG is kill they could bring another cosmic teams

Attached: 1300457-cosmic_avengers.jpg (954x733, 150K)

I don't want to fail
But I really hate what Disney is doing with Star Wars and now with the MCU is revolting
Sexualizing the men to the exhaustion and hiring actresses without a single sex appeal or charisma

>One Thing

Has anyone here ever imagined Robert Downey Jr.run through the lines with Brie Larson?
I can not see the Robert Downey Jr. working next to Larson

Fpbp

Female lead who isn't clad in a sexy revealing outfit and doesn't have big tits and ass.

I want them all to fail. I’ve got the fatigue. I’m all done going to see them that’s for sure.

>Female lead who can't act and doesn't look like a superhero, without even with the barest amount of muscle tone.

FTFY sweety.

>Sexuality shaming.
Feeling pretty entitled, eh, user?

I think a more apt comparison is what happened to Loveness Nova. Annihilators failed for many reasons, but the main one was that Cosmic Marvel was still too niche at the time and it didn't sell well until Bendis took over (and right around the time the movie came out for a boost).
Meanwhile, Loveness Nova failed because the few who knew it was out were dismissive of it because "not muh Rich" and the whole NINO thing, boycotting the concept before even realizing the series was bringing him back and keeping him as a mentor figure to Sam. So the consequence wasn't that they made a Rich series without Sam like the boycotters wanted, they simply decided neither of them were worth investing in.

Attached: 56050275565565464Nova_.jpg (800x1224, 159K)

>I'm super right wing & love all the Star Wars stuff and want to see this
You're not even trying, shill.

># feminism

muh feminism

If the true feminist did exist
We would have a Ms Marvel movie with leotard and not that Nu Carol with this man suit
Women should be demanding this, BRING the curves, BRING the fat ass, BRING the dd cup we are proud to have curves and no have curves!

>But no,
they prefer to write something stupid like that:

screenrant.com/alita-battle-angel-ending-bad/

written by a woman

Because
>Brie Larson sucks and needs to be taken down a peg
>The defenders are dishonest ideologs
>Success would encourage Marvel to keep publishing terrible Captain Marvel comics (that still won't sell).
>The Mouse making 3 billion every year on the MCU is legitimately worrying, a failure would relieve some worries.
>People would prefer Wolverine or Spider-Man to be the new face of the MCU
>It just seems like a lame movie

Attached: marvel jizz.jpg (1952x1604, 1.04M)

triggered by being the strongest superhero of MCU as female.

It would be nice for an aggressively mediocre MCU movie to be called as such for once. By early reactions even people still say "its the same formula" but still, for whatever reason, still love it the 12th time around.

Meanwhile the Spiderverse is a unique take that won't even make a fraction of what this average movie will make. That in general is a hard pill to swallow. Money gets more money, and the mouse has endless pockets. It would be nice for them to be shaken to the point they will want to change directions into something different and new instead of sitting comfortable, relying on people's poor memory and name brand to create, harmlessly lazy films.

Yeah, the little girl can see a lot of naked men in these MCU movies

Attached: Chris-Hemsworth-Thor-Ragnarok.jpg (784x489, 193K)

The polcels are still SEETHing that Black panther made a billion so now they're trying to sink Captain Marvel
Still won't work

Some shot with Tony and Carol and Robert Downey Jr. improvising some lines and being sarcastic with Brie Larson about feminism?
Surely this scene exists but Disney was never going to put in the movie

This is a fucking man

Attached: 1542731349669.jpg (250x250, 23K)

So, no actual good reasons, then ?

i don't want it to fail

i want it to be good

i don't think it can be good when the creators are more intent on pushing an ideology than telling fun stories

Because Carolfag is an annoying brazillian, literal faggot, manlet and he keeps spaming Carol and calling people incel. Even tho he never touched a woman.

How do you know it's low quality? Movie isn't out yet.

>So, no actual good reasons, then ?

Unless it actually turns out to be bad? No, not really.

But... Well... The trailers aren't very promising and considering how Black Panther became a massive financial success and had managed shove it's cock down the throats of 441 critics, despite also having kind of bad trailers and turning out to have a plot that was like swiss cheese...

Attached: sebastian-meyer-blackpantherconceptart-rhino-01 war rhino.jpg (1459x900, 368K)

that's a cute rhino

almost makes me wanna watch BP

almost

So i can see seething Ladderbros

Because Marvel needs to know that most of their superheroines suck shit with good ones being related to teams they hate due to not owning their film rights.

most people hating on it don't really care how it does. they just enjoy pissing people off. free entertainment is free and entertaining

The Rhino is the shining example of how retarded Black Panther is and how unrealistic Wakanda is.

A rhino would be a very effective animal in a pre-industrialised society if it were domesticated, as it is very strong. The problem is that rhinos are impossible to domesticate with pre-industrial tools and as such nobody ever succeeded (or even bothered). It could potentially be done now but any task a rhino could do can be done far better by a machine.

Yet we're expected to believe that not only does the most technologically advanced society on earth have a use for domesticated rhinos, the movie actually depicts them being kept in a pen made of sticks...

Attached: killmonger you fucking retard.jpg (523x1760, 140K)

Not Ms Marvel

No Leotard

Flat ass

Average body

Shit action scenes in the trailer

Skrulls looks like shit

Baggy suit

Bad CGI

>wtf why is this superhero movie silly??1?

>Character is bad
>Actress is an obnoxious piece of shit
>Marvel is shit

still cute tho

Idiots on YouTube tell him.

They're incels.
You presented two different reasons here, bud. You're just conflating them into two to fit your shitty narrative.

Did they actually use Comic Sans?

Because internet is full of fat nerds that dont fuck and blame women

>Every conservative needs to be as assblasted as me!

Attached: 195.jpg (375x195, 18K)

I don't want it to fail at all. But as far as continuity is concerned I'm afraid that it's prequal status is going to introduce weird plot holes or some macguffin that could have really helped solved a problem in any of the other movies but was just sitting in some Yahoo's closet

I mean, they could be his ancestors if they were parents with children

Not as cute in action. Black Panther CG is really on the lower end (and somehow still won VfX awards)

Tumblr exists so there are plenty of equally overweight blue haired screeching women like you to match up with the neckbeards

Combination of people not liking a movie with a woman in it, people not liking Brie Larson's (admittedly over-dramatic) comments, and people tired of every MCU movie making a billion dollars

> (You)
>Tumblr exists so there are plenty of equally overweight blue haired screeching women like you to match up with the neckbeards
Are you hurt?

Attached: 1544047168924.jpg (1019x600, 165K)

Remember to vote for The Chad Skrull

Attached: 21C0A953-B086-40F6-8A30-A5F895C83F09.jpg (1125x2074, 1.17M)

Sexism

That's it. Literally sexism. Everyone here is lying to themselves. It's 100% sexism. I want it to fail too, but at least i'm not some retard who has to go on some holier than thou tirade about how Brie Larson is a bad Captain Marvel or whatever. I just think woman leads are shit and Hollywood needs to stop pushing them.

Because it looks terribly boring and Brie looks like she's doing a Hayden Christensen impression.

Yeah, it's really a lot of black bestie going on here.
On the plus side, Monica may be getting some love, maybe?

I'm not entirely sure, but I have a theory. (I have never read CM and I really spotty on the character history, so feel free to correct me or just call me stupid bitch).

Captain Marvel as a character changed a lot over the decades. Carol is not the first CM, nor was she ever the most popular. In her comic runs her most defining trait was sex appeal; skimpy outfit, long blond hair, huge assets, etc.

Captain Marvel means a lot to Marvel the company if only for the namesake, and the company made a concerted effort to address calls of sexism, exploitation, and objecting females. So, when they upgraded Carol from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel, they began changing her character to be up the standards of the PC police. I believe this was the beginning of the hate. She was popular because of sex appeal, and then they stripped her of that to appease people that didn't read comic books. She no longer had a swimsuit costume, her long hair was gone, and she was REALLY gay. Not only that, but from what I understand the Captain Marvel runs dropped in quality in general and when fans complained they were ignored. Marvel saw this as backlash against progressive ideas in comics, fans saw it as a betrayal of their patronage.

Fast forward to the announcement of a Captain Marvel movie, speculation was all over Yea Forums about *which* Captain Marvel we would see. Mar-Vell? Noh-var? Shazam? Sexy Carol? SJW Carol? etc. Remember that people already didn't like the direction NuCarol had gone, so live-action SJW Carol was not what old school fans wanted at all. And that's exactly what we got. (There was also people who were mad that Brie Larson wasn't especially voluptuous, but every female superhero actress gets that hate so w/e).

Then recently, broth Brie Larson and the director Ryan Fleck made some comments that seemed totally inflammatory toward white men in particular. So people even more people are now "FUCK THIS MOVIE" mode then ever.

Attached: 1549261763871.png (466x556, 435K)

Because Marvel sucks

Carol = Inhumans
Other, more popular female characters = X-men

yeah, i caught some clips -- major reason why i didn't catch the flik

still, i wanna gibs him hugglez

Well, it's not all about her tits/ass, really.
Ms. Marvel Carol was a violent fuckup with some really shite stories aimed at shock value.
Which was never great, but at least not boring.
Captain Marvel Carol is a dozen different things in every new fucking reboot because they try to throw shit against the wall to see what sticks.
But nobody is even looking anymore to find out if there's something worthwhile.
She got so throughly sanitised that people these days don't even bother looking at the bleached-out wet blanket corporate damage control has created.
I know I don’t.
And Brie did seemingly her best to transport all that milquetoast onto the big screen. All the no smiling because telling women to smile is bad. All the no emotion because she lost her memories. All the totally inspiring hero with no flaws because corporate needs a WW for dick measuring reasons.

Better question: Why does BRIE LARSON want it to fail kek

Because Yea Forums assumes that anything with a strong female lead is leftist propaganda.

She-ra is an excellent example. Everyone on here went on a furious rampage before the show came out, only to find it was a harmless kids show with no real message or agenda. All because the MC didn't have tits.

Of course, the shill media is saying that. And they're blaming the low "want to see" on "trolls" no doubt to weaponize this and try to guilt reviewers into giving this film underserved scores to "fight back against oppression". This is nothing but their attempt to turn a film whose projections continue to plummet into a success by making someone the bad guy and virtue signaling the film to success. Predictable media is predictable

Fuck off Roastie

20+ movies before they decided to make a movie with a woman as the lead even though people have been asking for a black widow movie since iron man 2
everything they've said about carol revolves around how powerful she is, nothing about her character
comic version is trash, countless reboots and nothing sticks because they insist she has to be right and perfect when marvel's success is built on characters with flaws like carol had when she was ms marvel
larson's a charisma blackhole obsessed with proving how woke she is
tired of being told that if i don't like it, i have to be whatever buzzword is popular this week

see
STD ridden fat sluts are upset that some men might have standards.

She’s not the real Captain Marvel.

Yep this^ Nobody is upset that she's a woman, she's shit pure and simple and her movie looks shit. And the media trying to make this a "because she's a woman" thing need to GTFO. Do NOT give that credit to Captain Marvel because she is breaking down no barriers. Sorry, Marvel, hold Diana's beer bitch. Stop virtue signaling because you can't pull the views no other way lmao

Attached: Wonder-Woman-.jpg (1024x683, 139K)

This. Is she even fucking Fascist? Did she even fuck her son?

Wut?

A combination of things
>Some people want every Marvel movie to fail
>Some people want every female lead movie to fail
>Some people don't like what they're perceiving as a feminist slant
>Some people don't like Brie (for a variety of reasons)
>Some people don't like Carol (See above)
>Some people are just resisting what they see as a heavy-handed push of a character
It's really not surprising

Read the comics. Carol Danvers is an incest loving fascist.

But the question remains whether the collective of people who are all these things are big enough to cause a difference. And personally I am not sure they are, because gaming an interest score in RT or manipulating the audience reviews is a thing a dedicated few can do, but those things cannot really sway general audiences, specially worldwide ones.

So, which Marvel women should instead get a movie?
>Elsa Bloodstone
Interesting personality and we haven't had a vampire hunter from Marvel in decades now. So a new thing for the MCU.
>Storm
Often named but I'm not sure what to do with her in a solo movie.
>Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Probably just as a fuck you to Carol, but she is pretty fun and visually interesting.
>X23
Kinda introduced in a good movie already, and a fitting way to dodge Wolverine recasting and retreading. Could be a gripping action drama or a fun romp, depending on which recent books you want to look at.
>Nebula
Her arc has been great and I want to see more of Thanos' failed daughter on her quest for revenge, or maybe a new life once he is dead.

Sure, I was mostly answering to the OP and not presuming how it will turn out. The movie will probably succeed or fail based on the brand and its own merits (as in if it's not complete shit it's pretty much guaranteed to succeed).

I don’t want it to fail, it just hasn’t given me much reason to care about it

Not him but I honestly don't think any of those options are great either, I don't think the main issue is the character itself, just the way they handle her. But then I'm guessing lots of people are fine with the road they went with.

>Probably just as a fuck you to Carol, but she is pretty fun and visually interesting.
I swear that if they make a Ms Marvel movie you'll have a similar group of people rallying against it because "she's not the Ms Marvel they grew up with" (as if), "she's a Muslim and she's regressive propaganda", and my favorite (but most obvious), "she's the poster child of sjw comics Anna all the evil they represent".
Dare I say, it would be much worse than what's going on, no matter how you tell people how likeable she is, which I agree because I like her too. There would be a lot of alt-right imbeciles who have no interest in the movies or comics at all actually trying harder to make it fail.

Unlikable character
Unlikable actress

Because it deserves to

BvS was a good movie

>Ms. Marvel Carol was a violent fuckup with some really shite stories aimed at shock value.
Which was never great, but at least not boring.

Was there ever any really amazing Carol stories? It seems weird that the character named after the publisher wouldn't have a lot of great stories.

Because Carol became a tool of agenda fight.

I want marvel to learn they can't force the next big thing.

It's just a bad look and is surrounded in negative attitude. It would be nice to see it fail.

I have never liked Carol, even back when she was marketed with sex appeal, because of the character that lied behind that sex appeal. She is dull, boisterous and doesn't really play off other Marvel characters well. She hardly has any good stories, whether it's Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel era. Her recent comics are extremely insistent, calming in-universe that she's the most popular hero on earth yet in our world they have to keep relaunching her comics to keep them from tanking completely. It just makes the character reek of desperation.

I will give this movie credit. It really looks like it captured the character from the comics accurately. But that's exactly why I'm so disinterested in the film.

Attached: marvel1.jpg (1041x899, 1M)

damn I wish this image was on a shirt

I don't want it to fail, but I don't think it will succeed regardless. She's just kind of plain. I don't think she catches the eyes of most men OR women. She's not really sexy, fun or particularly unique. The story for the film also probably seems very stoppable to most people. Yes, the heroes usually win in Marvel movies but we already know the conflict in this film is resolved in the present day of the MCU.

You would have a much harder divide between people who have legit concerns about a Kamala movie and alt-right trolls.
Because the legit concerns would be technical and the trolls political or religious.

I don't want it to fail out of spite or someting. It just looks boring.
Wouldn't it be better that a boring Marvel movie did poorly, so Disney learns something from this endeavor?

Attached: captainbored.jpg (1625x1510, 157K)

Yes please, if Rogue were to appear at the end of Captain Marvel and take her powers, i'd instantly be more hyped.

Jody's corner commented everything Wonder Woman's marketing did right, and everything Marvel is getting wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=snE5X8UKArc

The movie isn't for me, she told me so.

The culture wars don't matter, it's the average normie who will decide if this movie succeeds or not.

So far every normie I've talked to is on the "Sure I'll probably watch it but I really want to see Endgame" camp

Same reason people hate John Cena and Roman Reigns. Organic charisma and coolness is attractive. Artificial charisma and coolness are repulsive.

>If she fails there's no chance they're going to bring even more obscure characters
The succeeded with GotG and they had successes with other obscure character so if she were to fail (which, lets face it, she won't and at worst she might not meet Feige's and the Mouse's expectations) they sure as hell wouldn't let that stop them from doing things with other characters when they have had more successes and no failures.

That series suffered because of what you said not to mention a lot of people not being aware Rich was back or even knowing this series existed. Heck I found out about this around the time issue 3 had come out and at that point I went to my LCS to hunt the other two issues down.

Even right now people are still discovering that comic (pic related) and after it got cancelled the panels with Rich being confused about the (then) current state of Marvel continuity got really popular with the comic and nerd crowd in twitter and there were a lot of people asking where it was from.

So I partially place the blame on Marvel's apathetic behavior towards the comic (I seem to recall Brevoort being nasty towards a Nova fan being happy about it). Not to mention America sold worst than this comic by her second issue and she got to have 12 issues and was advertised like crazy.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-21.png (749x269, 21K)

>(I seem to recall Brevoort being nasty towards a Nova fan being happy about it)
I don't remember this but frankly I'm not surprised, Brevoort isn't really someone who should be fielding fan questions and dealing with social media, he tends to be too much of an ass or lets his biases determine crucial things that lack common sense. Cebulski is much better at it but the guy rarely answers questions in the open, he's just usually very nice which is all people can expect.
But yeah, Brevoort's an ass. I asked him things about Eternals in the past and he openly dismissed them like "there's no chance of them coming back soon because there's no fan interest", to a fan who's literally interested in the goddamn Eternals, I mean...

I don't want any Marvel movie to fail, but if this movie has the same level of feminism as Ghostbusters 2016 then I would be fine if it bombed.

Brie Larson is a bit of a cunt and Carol is unlikeable.

Of that list?
Storm or Kamala. X23 already was in one.

It was on his tumblr, a fan was happy about Rich being back and about the comic and Brevoort said something along the lines of "yeah we're making the comic and Nova fans better support it".

>he tends to be too much of an ass or lets his biases determine crucial things that lack common sense.

Which is funny because when Zdarsky's Star-Lord got cancelled a fan asked if it was suppose to be a mini or an ongoing and he said it was an ongoing but then went and started saying how it was a great comic and he was proud of it and was generally pretty nice about it because he worked on that comic. He then went on to say how fans shouldn't be forced to support it and it was OK that they didn't, that these things happened blaah blaah blaaah, then said Star-Lord would be in the GotG.

Yeah he's pretty biased and moody not to mention, the other Marvel writers and editors even contradict him so it's also kind of funny.

>"yeah we're making the comic and Nova fans better support it".
It was worse than that, he said that the four vocal Rider fans better buy it.

Because Captain Marvel is a SJW icon, and Alita deserves the limeight more.

Pathetic people with nothing going for them in their lives want this movie to fail. That said, those people are a minority, just like incels. Probably are the incels

I don't think people necessarily want it to fail. A Captain Marvel movie is basically on the same level as the Ant Man and Doctor Strange movies; nothing more than a side character, a B or C list character, and a B or C list movie. But they're trying to hype her up and sell it as an A list character with a movie that's very important, vital and pivotal to the MCU. That she's gonna be the lynchpin to saving the universe.
Plus, it's insulting that they're marketing her as the first solo female hero of the MCU when there are others in the franchise that deserve that title far more. People have been wanting a Black Window solo film since IM2, and a Scarlett Witch film in A:AoU. But they decide to market a newcomer as the next biggest thing that very few like.

>deserves
fucking marxist

No one wants it to fail. We are simply pragmatic about the fact that Captain Marvel is going to fail just like her character in the comics always does desu

Attached: ....jpg (813x668, 61K)

When has Hollywood ever learned the right lesson, be it from success or failure?
Fucking hell look what they've learned from the MCU's success.

You're beating records on the most retarded use of "marxist".

FPBP

>That's not how "voting with your wallet" works.
Voting with your wallet is a flawed concept in the first place

That's internationally ignorant of people who liked wonder woman and female superheroes but don't like captain marvel

Says the marxist who says alita should get the limeline because it "deserves" to instead of letting the market decide. Because at your core you don't really believe in the market
Fucking marxists in disguise

I want it to succeed so I can see the obnoxious retards who cry about Teh EssJayDoubleYoos all day freak the fuck out

No I'm not that guy but meritocracy is very much the opposite of gommism, son.

In my dream world captain marvel flops and alita battle angle beats it at box office but that's not happening unless china loves battle angle and dislikes captain marvel

Indeed. Which is why we ought to see where these films land on their own merits. Not this vague notion of deserving something just because you don't like x's political ideology
Son.

>Why do people want this movie to fail?
Because I like leotards.

retard

You seem very confused, "deserving" is literally the notion of merit in verb form. I like how you think you're not the one making it about politics and are assuming mine because I corrected your dumb ass.

Not if only one of the movies is out, and it seems like the person does not want the other to be as successful based on sociopolitlcal leaning. You must be quite narcissistic to think i'm literally referring to "you" and not the post i was originally responding to which definitely distinguished one of the movies by its supposed sociopolitical leaning. Dumb ass (sic)