What's this image from?

what's this image from?

Attached: download (34).jpg (130x148, 6K)

Over the Garden Wall comics

Nigga book

It kinda boggles my mind that they're STILL putting out OTGW comics.

The comic output now dwarfs the limited series by far.

OTGW Distillatoria. Basically Beatrice defeating Sara for the Wirtbowl.

Over the garden Distillatoria. You have to read it, Sarah bashing everywhere

Is the comic book worth buying? I've just finished watching the series and I was mesmerized by how awesome it is.

Please do. Find a way to support the creator, so at least you can be assured you'll see stuff from him

Ok, cool. Will do.

>not being present for the Distillatoria storytime months ago

Attached: 1543788756859.png (130x148, 42K)

Can anyone explain why the creator suddenly turned on Sarah? If he preferred Beatrice/Wirt from the beginning, why include the subplot with Sarah? If he regretted it why not just quietly drop Sarah instead of trying to trash what little character she had? Did Patrick have a Sarah in high school that he's still not over?

Attached: 1457720832939.png (500x216, 115K)

Wirt is indecisive as fuck all throughout the series. He thinks things over too much so he's never sure of anything. Same thing with Sarah and Beatrice and Nora. It's just part of his personality.

I could've sworn I read somewhere once that Patrick doesn't like Sarah or Sarah/Wirt, which again is an odd take to me because Sarah had such little personality.

The explanation is interesting and complicated: Cartoon Network is pushing brown characters as the love interest of the protagonist in all their show. It's a stragegy used a lot in recent years in different media to attract certain demography. Examples: Chinese Hulk, Black Spider-Man (Morales), Black Ash (Pokemon), Gay Catwoman (years ago)

So we have to admit creators and writers don't have so much freedom as people believe and sometimes many of the decisions are taken by the network. Well, everything suggests McHale (Over the Garden's creator) didn't want Sarah as a love interest for Wirt

McHale created Beatrice as the love interest and Endgame for Wirt but the network wanted an afro character then Sara was created and McHale hates this character, Over The Garden Wall wouldn't have an ambiguous ending in other way, it was ambiguous cause McHale didn't want to say there was a relationship between Sara and Wirt.

When McHale writes a story without interference he shows his hate for the character and what were his intentions in OTGW, a relationship between Beatrice and Wirt.
The tape for Sara released a while ago had poems for Beatrice

I kind of liked Beatrice as an unworkable maybe-love that has to be let go (they appear to live over a hundred years apart in time) so I'm a little sorry it's reversing on that, not that Sarah has enough personality to care about.

This was a standalone comic. The last issue of the series came out some years ago

The part about CN forcing a brown love interest sounds fake, also Patrick didn't have a problem including other brown characters in the comics. Sounds more like to me he just began to prefer Beatrice/Wirt over the course of working on the show.

>kid has a crush on someone he's never actually talked to and then finds out they have nothing in common
Sounds like a billion other teen romances.

I don't like that they basically turned the Unknown into a dream land Wirt and Greg can just hop into when they go to sleep.

The creator had nothing to do with the comics.

He draws them.

Attached: file.png (379x184, 45K)

>W) Jonathan Case (A/CA) Jim Campbell
Eisner Award-winning writer Jonathan Case ( Before Tomorrowland ) and Eisner Award-winning Over the Garden Wall artist Jim Campbell present the first Over the Garden Wall original graphic novel.

McHale only gets his name on it since he made the show.

Pat McHale was the writer of the original one-shot and the four-issue miniseries.
He was not directly involved with the twenty-issue ongoing series that ended in 2017. However, he was credited as the creator of "Over the Garden Wall" in each issue.

Right, and the Beatrice-Wirt shipping didn't happen til after that.

>The part about CN forcing a brown love interest sounds fake
It's the reality, though. It's an attempt of please a part of the population. A guy explained it showing at least 6 times the recent shows in CN had a dark skinned girl as the girlfriend of the protagonist. The girlfriend HAS to be dark skinned now

>Patrick didn't have a problem including other brown characters
Maybe, but they didn't want to include brown characters they wanted to replace Beatrice with a brown woman. In the OTGW comics they did it already, they are called "Dreamland" where instead of Beatrice appears Sara

You have to read Distillatoria

>Sounds more like to me he just began to prefer Beatrice/Wirt over the course of working on the show.
No, I don't have all the details but there was a long explanation about how the whole story was based on The divine comedy. A book where the main characters were Beatrice (the true love of the prota), Virgil (his name is traduced Gregory aka Greg) and the protagonist. The floors or levels of the hell corresponded with each episode.

Beatrice was created to be Wirt's girlfriend

>A guy explained it showing at least 6 times the recent shows in CN had a dark skinned girl as the girlfriend of the protagonist.

Was this 'guy' a CN staffer, or a youtuber?

You haven't seen the chinese Hulk, right? Spider-Man is a black guy now, if fact all the Marvel characters were replaced by "Diverse" characters, the advertisement called it "Diversity". All the characters were replaced by afro guys, afro women, chinese and gays.

Black Ash is an interesting case too and then the writer says Sara is shit and fills up the tape "For Sara" with poems for Beatrice

KEK you know those staffers have a contract they have to respect.
A guy here on Yea Forums was making an analysis, I think he was right and cause in Yea Forums we watch, read and play all kind of things we can notice a tendency easily. It's a strategy for marketing, very popular in recent years

Attached: file.png (600x693, 296K)

Diversity was the official name of this wave of characters, it is a fact that they replaced the old characters in order to attract a demography.

We have what some writers with years have told us about how they don't have so much control over what they're writing (The Fairly OddParents creator and several more). Butch Hartman (FOP) was very funny, we couldn't say "Cartoon Network" so he said "Batman". He didn't want to include Chloe but "Batman" demanded it and so on kek

Other people were more explicit

Attached: 601186318b3685221c7e3df42eb1b301a28047ca43a06933c0f1a02e492da2e2.jpg (625x439, 69K)

Read Distillatoria, 150 pages of McHale throwing shit on Sara's face

Attached: 1550270419311.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

Attached: lCNXLce.png (393x500, 168K)

Read Distillatoria, $10 dollars

Attached: batman.gif (400x300, 618K)

But Mchale didn't write it.

Under the shrubbery fence.

> My sides
You're doing god's work, user

> It's the reality
Do you have evidence for this theory, other than "sometimes there are brown people in comics?"

Do you have evidence that that was the cause of this brown character in particular?

>forced to put black girl in your TV show
>put her in full-face makeup
the madman

>Sometimes
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Diversity was an official name and we're talking about ALL the prota characters replaced

Attached: 8797643214189.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)