Don Bluth wanted to include his own version of Jessica Rabbit in the animated movie Rock-a-doodle after being inspired...

>Don Bluth wanted to include his own version of Jessica Rabbit in the animated movie Rock-a-doodle after being inspired by Who Framed Roger Rabbit
>parents disapproved of the character's tits and ass during test screenings so he had to censor them before the movie came out
>the movie bombed horribly while Who Framed Roger Rabbit saw massive success
Why didn't the studio trust in tits and ass?

Attached: 909039223234.png (1021x539, 972K)

Probably the ol’ “animation is 4 kids” and live action is for adults debate.

Roger Rabbit while heavy in animation is very clear in that it’s setting is a live action “adult” world. Rock-o-doodle was straight up kids animation from the get go.

Also Roger Rabbit was a better movie tits and ass aside

Pretty much this. Bob Hoskins and the classic detective setting certainly made the age of entry seem a bit higher too.

Rock-a-doodle had some live-action and was rated G while Roger Rabbit was rated PG.
There wasn’t that big of difference like with Cool World which was rated PG-13.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is perfect, and I wish more movies could exist like it.

I bet Cool World being pure nonsense ended our chances of that.

Attached: 1523459429604.gif (500x302, 995K)

studios dont believe in success, they know only failure.

Ah, yeah you’re right about the live action, I got pebble and the penguin and rock-o-doodle mixed up, but I think the crux of argument is the same. The differences may be negligible but from a marketing point it’s clear which is more for kids and which was going to grab adults

Because it's deviantart-tier furry trash. Audiences know better and vote with their wallet.

Having just rewatched this movie recently, I'd say tits and ass would not have saved it. The dialogue and voice direction was atrocious. It almost felt like it was adlibbed, like nuGhostbusters.

Test screenings is the worst thing since corporate meddling. You're literally butchering your movie because some random retard told you to.

Seeing Goldie’s tits or ass shake during dance scenes certainly wouldn’t have hurt.
The movie could’ve had at least one plus side instead of being remembered as one of the worst children’s films of all time.

Attached: 5120D34F-F254-40AF-AF41-1465ED50B813.jpg (470x548, 68K)

So fucking true. So many Disney and non-Disney movies had to be rewritten because a retard felt uncomfortable

Attached: zootopia-deletedscene-tamingparty.jpg (1257x588, 60K)

>worst of all time
That is such bullshit though. It's good looking and the story is OK. It's a solid 6 or even 7/10 if you put stuff like Aladdin as a 10/10 and Brazilian knock-offs as a 1/10.

I think part of that reaction is because it's Don Bluth, and I think it was even the first of his films that was widely regarded as not very good.

I'm not saying that if it had come from a different studio/director it would've been seen as better than it actually is, but maybe there wouldn't have been as much of a "why the fuck was this made" reaction either.

Except Zootopia's problem was that their premise didn't work for the story they wanted. They made Zootopia into a shit hole and couldn't justify Nick wanting to save it instead of just fucking leaving.

No, it could work, if Nick simply couldn't leave. If his friends and his life was here, he had no money, other places were as bad, and even if he wanted too, he was a criminal now. it would just make the movie a dark buddy cop thriller. That's something that could have been made in the 70's or 80's, but adult animation is dead now and you can't put anything thought-provoking or dark in a modern kid film. Although you would need to make the hook different. The only reason gassing all predators in the Zootopia we got was a problem is because they were on an equal footing. If the predators suddenly started going crazy with their collars on, even if the collars failed, the solution would be to simply exterminate or exile them if they were a lower class.

Two things, 1, has nothing to do with a test screening having someone feel uncomfortable from it, and 2, that wasn't the story they wanted. Zootopia's rewriting has been well known for a long fuckin' while man. You want to blame someone for it blame the director and the pixar guys that told them the setting and story didn't match.

Did you misreply or something? Or did you just assume I was that guy you replied to? This isn't a fucking forum, take the conversation a reply at a time.

Zootopia’s story could have been more interesting if they went with that but would it have made over $1 billion dollars in the box office?
Doubt it.
Besides wasn’t it Pixar who told them to change the story?

I loved Rock-a-doodle as a kid and I still love it, but the problem isn't "not enough titty", the problem is that it's tonally fractured and bewildering.

I like right better because she looks sexy with more feathers. Like Big Bird with tits.

>wanting structure on Yea Forums
Might as well start using a tripcode while you're at it.

the bird lady's design is way better imo

Attached: 1537376707506.png (662x670, 618K)

>Big Bird
Are you implying Big Bird is fucking attractive user?

I agree, I was borderline obsessed when I was 7 but trying to watch it now is pure torture. If anyone enjoyed this movie as a child, keep it fond in your memories, do not try to relive them.

Cool World, unlike Rock-A-Doodle knew that only people who were high out of their mind would enjoy it.

>tall
>fuzzy
>huge bird ass jutting out 24/7
I often wonder what happened to me as a kid.

It's not enough to have tits and ass, they need to be BIG tits and a FAT ass. Size sells in this particular instance, the only way I'm going to pay attention to Goldie over Jessica Rabbit is if Goldie's got great big pontoons in front like Jessica does.

Attached: vks_jessica2.jpg (1304x2048, 332K)

I feel like the only heterosexual male on the entire planet who doesnt find Jessica Rabbit sexy at all.

Jessica Rabbit is not the reason why Who Framed Roger Rabbit was good, and the lack of whatever that dumb character is isn't the reason Rock-a-doodle is bad

cleavage > feathers

Attached: goldie.png (673x293, 351K)

>new cartoon aimed at adults
>features hot girls and an unironic 80s art style
>no grotesque artwork, no blood/gore/vomit, no edgy jokes

Would it be a flop?

Attached: gwen_consider.png (309x276, 70K)

Unfortunately, the normie masses in the west still go cartoon = for kids and you'd get parents complaining this kid's cartoon has inappropriate things for kids in it.

>80s art style
Adult cartoons are low budget for this reason, so the comfy 80's art style would end up getting the show cancelled before it could take off unless it had exceptional writing.

Yeah, they showed the movie to pixar and they were like "what the fuck guys"

I prefer the feathers desu but they should have been bigger

>tfw no bord gf with massive chest fluff to sink into

These faces are priceless

Attached: pixar saw some shit.png (1366x768, 1.92M)

The shock collars are heavy-handed bullshit.

You can tell Don Bluth put in effort for that Jessica Rabbit effect in a few of Goldie's scenes.
Shame we'll never see all that hard work uncensored.

Attached: IMG_4223.gif (405x300, 2.81M)

Attached: Cool world (1992) 1.webm (700x392, 2.9M)

>Would it be a flop?
yes and in today's climate it wouldn't even get greenlight

I don't understand, why can you sometimes catch frames of his eyes behind the glasses?

The idea is the angle is just right and you can see through the glass. At other times the glare blocks the view.

Rock a Doodle bombed because of them fucking the movie up to be more ''kid friendly'' and because they went with test audiences and tought children were literally stupid that they had to add narration explaining everything and cutting/trimming/neutering the parts that would have made it resemble a Don bluth film!

>we didnt zoom in to censor the grind lap, no siree!

oh dear, user.

Attached: 11299726.png (540x426, 167K)

anybody has the workprint of this film!?

I've just realized that Jessica doesn't have nose.

feathers in the shape of cleavage>both

user the story just doesn't make fucking sense like that. Why the fuck would any predator choose to stay in a shithole city like that?

Roger Rabbit didn't need that though. It was great AND had a cohesive plot.

I don't mind the plummage in most cases, but gotDAMN that original is nice.

Terrible children's film, yes, but it's so bizarre it could be an honorary Elvis film, and it'd fit right in with the wackiest of those.

Still better than having a movie bomb because you included things the opening weekend audiences didn't like.

Yes because you haven't explained what it will actually be about. Hot girls and aimed at adults isn't a premise.

you fucking forget
RR was PG during a time when you could say shit in a PG film for kids, like monster squad or the goonies.

Doodle was like, what, 1993? 94? and was rated G.

although, i will support bigger breasts in kids films. fuck you, stuck up parents.

nah, just needed more judy in booty shorts

oh my god every fucking time.

>parents didn't approve goldie
>they approved jessica, and later jasmine

Attached: thinking.jpg (929x768, 48K)

You're kidding, right? It's a great movie

I mean to me it didn't make a difference. She was still overtly sexy.

any more uncensored goldie?