Rips are slow so have Aquaman while we wait

Rips are slow so have Aquaman while we wait.

I'm really thinking KSD never wanted to write Aquaman, this whole thing doesn't fit into DC in the slightest.

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Aquaman storytime/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-003.jpg (1988x3056, 852K)

I guess the art is nice at least

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.57M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.13M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.72M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.76M)

>this whole thing doesn't fit into DC in the slightest.
Most of DC’s comics feel like they don’t fit together. It feels like every single writer is doing their own continuity and ignoring the every other writers. Sometimes they conflict each other the same week.
I’m not saying they can’t be flawed and make continuity mistakes, but everything feels so disjointed.

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-008.jpg (3975x3056, 2.5M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

Lol that's the same thing I said when I storytimed her first issue

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-011.jpg (1988x3056, 2.18M)

the art has been really top notch lately

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.17M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.75M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-015.jpg (3975x3056, 2.71M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

I feel so spoiled now that I have a habit of storytiming on /aco/ instead, cooldown is half the time there, this takes forever.

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.33M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-021.jpg (1988x3056, 855K)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Attached: Aquaman (2016-) 045-024.jpg (1988x3056, 1.09M)

This is stupid

Yeah good luck trying to fit this with other DC myths

???

> no Mera.
> no Manta.

What's the point in reading an Aquaman comic if not for one of these things?

>What's the point in reading an Aquaman comic if not for one of these things?
No Mera or Manta was literally the first two-three years of PAD's run

This feels like Robinson on Wonder Woman all over again

With the bonus of KSD once again falling back on the crutch of amnesia to avoid having to do even the slightest amount of research about the character

Feels more like Bunn's terrible run.
>Secret Parallel Atlantis invading Earth
>Also aliens or something
>Arthur has a completely different personality compared to the previous writer
>Same situation for Tula
>and then Arthur convinces the JL to genocide all the evil Atlanteans

KSD’s Aquaman feels like she’s just ripping off Legend of Zelda Links Awakening

I'm so fucking confused. What is this Earth, Wind & Fire shit? Aquaman is tied to greco-roman mythology. He personally knows Poseidon.
Why does this feel like some indie comic trying to establish its own universe? Why has the story been meandering with nothing but Aquaman going around talking to literal whos? Why does this story treat his identity as if it were a big mystery? WE FUCKING KNOW WHO AQUAMAN IS

They keep doing crises to force canon but then they throw it all out in a week. You would need to change the entire corporate structure for it to actually be a cohesive universe and actually fire your writers when they decide not to play ball. But then you're limiting author's freedom and limiting the talent you attract with policies like that, so there's not really a good solution

There's a fuck ton of pantheons and gods so it's not like it matters that much. DC has never ever been able to keep this shit straight. Even the Fourth World in the 60s is supposed to be built upon the graves of the old gods, Zeus and hades and such, but Highfather Izayah and Zeus hang out on the regular and it's no big deal. They don't care. Plus there's like 11 or so other planets that matter in DC that I can think of off the top of my head (Rann, Thanagar, Mars, Tamaran, Oa, Mogo, Korugar, Qward, Krypton, Daxam, Htrae) and they all have their own customs and pantheons.

The creation myths are just myths, desu. Only thing real about the creation of the the Earth-1 universe is Krona seeing that big hand in the big bang and something about the source wall.

I've seen this boring Titans concept a million times by now.

I wish that hot, female version of Black Jack made more appearances

But he's not bowing...

Neat.

It's not nearly as good as federici.

And certainly not enough to offset KSD's trash.

This whole issue is. Probably cause kelly sue is a stupid fucking cunt.

Dropped this around issue 35. How has the book been since Abnett left? I was still enjoying it but I thought the Rath was overstaying his welcome a little and it got boring.

From #2? She was a great character.

Would be better if the whole arc was just this Death Mommy just wanting to get fucked and impregnated by Aquaman and Aquaman was full oblivious harem protag about it

I thought it was good until the very end of Abnetts run. But it did seem a bit decompressed, the amazing artists he got made the decompression enjoyable though cause there were so many amazing pages.

Attached: aquaman-33-splash-page-1085696.jpg (900x696, 216K)

Johns can't return to do his 7 Kingdoms story fast enough
I want her to dawn the name Devil Ray

Attached: Devil Ray63.png (526x741, 80K)

Mythical cosmogonies always sound stupid.

Thanks

Why does KSD still get job?

>I'm really thinking KSD never wanted to write Aquaman, this whole thing doesn't fit into DC in the slightest.

See The head editor is Brian Cunningham the guy who was responsible for the Cullen Bunn run of Aquaman. He has largely been trying to soft reboot the book since DCYou and feuded with people on twitter (so it's personal) for them pointing out all his ideas were shit.

>Another thing that contradicts continuity
Great

God you’re a fucking retard. All you retards bitching about how this myth contradicts that myth when the Abrahamic God and the pagan gods are all running around.

shut the fuck up Fagtion you are a cuck

Maybe leftover ass from Snyder who is known for throwing more and more god/cosmic shit to make it feel more epic. All it does is convolute the role these “higher beings” play and make gods feel more pedestrian than they should be

Man this what I feel about Ewing when he does his cosmic shit. He still makes an effort to make it all fit but fuck the lore already is flooded with cosmics already and it makes them fell "more pedestrian than they should be"

what i'm confused about atlantians
are they using magic or super tech?

KSD is fucking horrendous. Can't think of a single thing she's written that hasn't tanked. Yet she keeps getting work, and it's because she's cornered the "if you dare criticise her, you just hate women" market.

How did she even land the Aqauman gig? None of her previous works scream royalty drama or fish-out-of-water type stories

Most capeshitters have a single digit iq. Do you think they care about the quality of story?

She took the book because she knew the movie was coming.
She is literally fem-Bendis.

I like that it feel more like a traditional european fantasy epos instead of a superhero comic. even the art is more like european graphic novel then american comcs.
this makes aquaman stand more out.
they should have done the same with wonder woman. and batman should get a more noire or gohtic look and story.
only superman and shazam should look like typical supehero comics

So we haven't had a good Aquaman comic since early 2000s. That's 15 years now. Longer than even Flash.

You married a fat pink haired slut fraction. Hang yourself.

She sucks dick and complains to social media that only a sexist would dislike her work.

ah yes good old live giving SALT and who could forget the element SKY
I get why people that are heavily into aquaman and the dc mythos would dislike this run but if you see it as it´s own unique thing I think it´s pretty good so far. nice little supernatural mystery

that is one of the more creative sun creation myths I have heard so far
I like it

>because she's cornered the "if you dare criticise her, you just hate women" market.
Her along with literally every other female writer? Hardly cornered, it's apparently a strong enough excuse to protect half the industry.

Not at all, Aquaman has had a consistently great run for the past decade... except for Bunn

Only if you're a brain-dead Johnsfag.

Why are you trying to shitpost? What do you have to gain here?

Also what’s wrong with Johns Run, or Parker or Abnett? they all did a pretty fantastic job and made Aquaman one of The consistently best books of DC

They wanted Fraction and it worked

>Johns
>Blandnett
>Fantastic comics

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, what Aquaman runs do you think are good then?

Abnetts run was one of the best things about Rebirth

>lumps all writers into one lot
fuck off faggot

You people know this is nearly EXACT myth of Enuma Elish, from ancient Sumer, yes?

PAD's first half and Sub Diego era are the only good post crisis Aquaman runs.

It's like being the best student of special ed.

Those runs are good, but so are Johns, Parker and Abnett. Maybe you should take off the nostalgia goggles stop going notmuh and give those books a chance.

Also Abnett worked on some of PAD’s Run

>Only 77 replies.

Are you happy now DiDio? No one cares about your shitty vision, not even people who read comics for free.

You don't know a fucking thing about aquaman if you're saying PAD was the only good "post crisis" run. The two tastes so not sync up at all. It's what a casual says when they want to fit in.

Beyond that johns and abnett both had pretty good runs for actual aquaman fans.

how many replies for the older Aquaman stuff?
Abnett Aquaman stopped being storytimed after a while.

Do not*

You realize basing it on Sumerian myths doesn't mean anyone should recognize it or think it's good, right?

Only brainlets think Morrison or Moore are good because of their incorporation of undergrad philosophy so I'm not going to stand for a
>it's okay when Morrison does it
reply either.

no one storytimes good shit on Yea Forums anymore

>stopped getting storytimed
On Wednesday's maybe. Why do portlandfags always try to rewrite history? Almost issue was posted.

then why wasn't Abnetts shit storytimed

>Aquaman #44 - not storytimed
>Aquaman #43 - 66 replies (KSD's first issue)
>Aquaman #42 - never storytimed
>Aquaman #41 - never storytimed
>Aquaman - Justice League: Drowned Earth #1 Storytime - 101 replies
>Justice League/Aquaman - Drowned Earth #1 Storytime - 118 replies
>Aquaman #40 STORYTIME (finale for the Suicide Squad crossover) - 34 replies
>Aquaman #39 storytime - 23 replies
>Aquaman #33 Storytime 63 replies (all issues inbetween were not storytimed)
>Aquaman #32 Storytime - 58 replies
>Aquaman #31 Storytime - 66 replies
>Aquaman Annual #1 Storytime - 105 replies
>Aquaman #30 Storytime - 97 replies
>Aquaman #29 Storytime - 79 replies
>Aquaman #28 Storytime - 102 replies
>Aquaman #27 Storytime - 83 replies
>Aquaman #26 Storytime - 141 replies
>Aquaman #25 Storytime - 278 replies (Sejic starts art from 25-30)
>Aquaman #24 Storytime - 64 replies
>Aquaman #23 Storytime - 62 replies
desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Aquaman storytime/

Fake numbers portlandfag

cause it was good pleb