Why did marvel choose her out of all their female characters to push?

Why did marvel choose her out of all their female characters to push?

Attached: capmar.jpg (414x640, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I-l0FRLpFNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who else were they supposed to push?

She-Hulk?

>didn't wanna use any X-Men because Fox owned the rights and it didn't look like that was gonna change
>she-hulk was considered too weird, plus Universal might come calling
>spider-woman was just gonna make normies wonder where spider-man was
>ike hates black widow
>jessica jones is too gritty for a general audience
>everyone else is too obscure
The list goes on.

Too derivative and she'd look dumb as fuck in live-action.

They literally had no other viable female character they could use as the big female MCU hero.

Because she's the best. Not just among marvel women but among all their characters.

She's white, blond and because there's even less notable history - much less normie knowledge, she's very easy to make into whatever Feige wants - she's his favorite fan fic OC that he can pour all his Strong Female Lady Desires into.

Because Storm and Rouge belonged to Fox

Squirrel Girl?

Hellcat would have done better.

I mean she's a big presence in the comics. She has a lead role in all the big events. Well, maybe not a lead role, but more so than the other female characters.

Since they can't use any female hero that's already popular and well-rounded in their movies (up until recently Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four, as well as all the ladies from the X-Men, wee exclusive to Fox, all recurring female characters from Spider-Man mythos, like Black Cat, Silver Sable etc. still are at Sony, and She-Hulk probably has her distribution rights tied to Universal the same way Hulk does), they needed a new one they could use. And with the ongoing shitstorm with DC over the "Captain Marvel" title, I believe Marvel decided that if they ingrain in normies that Captain Marvel = Marvel, they won't have to publish a failing series every few years to hold onto the rights. In short, nobody at Marvel actually cares about the character, just the title.
At least that's what I think.

I wouldn't mind her so much if she wasn't played by such a self-righteous, hypocritical, zero sex-appeal cunt like Brie.

Because her name is Marvel.

Because FOX was literally holding onto the rest of their iconic female characters

>tied to the avengers
>they have already been pushing her for years as Ms marvel it just got bigger as captain
The second is especially important because even if there are better characters, she already had her long running series and appeared in most events in some form. the transition would be easier than pushing a more obscure character high.

She has Marvel in her name. It's easy to start trying to frame things as if she is the most important character.

She also has fairly stock superhero powers, which allows her easily to slot into the "Superman" role.

I am surprised they've buried the alcoholism, though.

>I am surprised they've buried the alcoholism, though.
Welcome to Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan.

>she'd look dumb as fuck in live-action

Not really. She would look like Gamora

only if you make her a skinny 5'8" bitch you painted green instead of giving her the height and muscle she actually has

also gamora looks dumb

She's the best one they have that's not tied to another franchise like Avengers, X-Men, or Spider-Man.

There is so much irony to the fact that she was more interesting before Marvel started pushing her

The name

technically she's in the netflix shows and they like to pretend those never happened

>ike hates black widow
Why is Ike such a faggot?

>I am surprised they've buried the alcoholism, though.
One of the only things that made her interesting. She was interesting because she was so fucked up and yet kept trying to be a hero. I have the feeling the only obstacle she'll be overcoming in her movie is sexism.

because they didnt have the rights to their most popular female characters at the time, Storm and Invisible woman.

I think it's only because her name is Captain Marvel. Marvel wanted to be tongue-in-cheek by having Captain MARVEL as their new main hero.

> They literally had no other viable female character they could use as the big female MCU hero.
Yeah, fuck you.

Attached: needahero.jpg (655x370, 48K)

I miss Ms Marvel

Attached: 0eeed5f98322209b9ea620029da7aecf.jpg (600x450, 71K)

Carol was really their only option
>X-Men heroines too embedded in the team/group to really stand out
>Scarlet Witch is in this weird limbo as supporting character more often than not
>She-Hulk is just Hulk with tits as far as marketing is concerend
>Wasp is part of a duo
>Sue Storm is part of The Fantastic Four
>Spider-Women are clumped together and nowhere near the same as Spider-Man in terms of pull
I mean Christ who's left when it's all said and done? The sad thing is that Carol COULD have been a winner, they just lacked the know how to push her and removed a lot of what made her cool to begin with. Could you remake Tigra perhaps?

Attached: Tigra sketch.jpg (609x900, 605K)

I literally had never heard of her before Civil War 1.

That's really the best way to fix her, isn't it? Just bring back her struggle with alcoholism

Attached: Carol Drinks Heavily.png (900x675, 487K)

>She-Hulk
>huurrr just make her look like Gamora guys

Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

What amuses me most in all this is all the praise the new movie is getting on the basis of FINALLY A FEMALE ROLE MODEL FOR YOUNG GIRLS.

>An irresponsible drunk
>Self admitted murderer who likes murdering to boot.
>And literal fascist.

Everything any self respecting girl should aspire to be.

Attached: Drink up.gif (400x215, 1.04M)

I genuinely think they gave her that haircut, and chose her to slightly resemble Hillary Clinton.
I think a lot of people thought it was going to be an easy win for her, and planned accordingly.

Monica FUCKING Rambeau, you ingrates.

Attached: Monica_Rambeau_(Earth-616)_from_Captain_America_and_the_Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_6.jpg (1988x3056, 1.2M)

really?

really?

It's amazing that you're paranoid enough to believe this

Oh right, and even more obscure Captain Marvel.....

fuck off shill

I wonder why Bendis never waifu'd her..
oh right, he probably didn't give a shit about black girls before his wife birthed them

Correction; he doesn't give a shit about black women he didn't create, and the only black character he loves outside of that is Luke Cage

Well, the reasons why she drank are kind of important. I'm not sure how sympathetic drunks are without relatable reasons to be a drunk.

She's a captain. Giving a female an authoritative title. Points!
She is a character with Marvel right in the name so pushing the agenda that Marvel is female (step aside boys) becomes an easy task.
A blank slate to start new movies with origin ties with existing character.
The big one. Lesbian bait. MCU is well aware of the shippers and know that even teasing that a female super hero might even remotely have a connection with another female is money.

Because she's the only solo female who can stand on her own (has her own lore and own supporting cast).

It's the same reason Shang-Chi is getting his own movie. Despite being D-list, he's Marvel's most prominent solo Asian character.

she's literally a joke character

>>jessica jones is too gritty for a general audience

Jessica Jones was a literal who with zero comic presence before the show

She was never on the same level as Daredevil, Luke Cage, Punisher or Iron Fist when it came to prominence

Carol (as Ms. Marvel) also has an extensive history with the Avengers

Not only that, but JJ just sucks and has zero marketing potential. She's know for getting PURPLED and CAGED, that's it

well and Miles Morales

Storm
Songbird
Emma
Thundra

Hell even going with Jean Grey would have been a better choice.

they dont own the rights and most of who you mentioned are part of X-men

also has Storm have a had a solo that hasn't flopped?

Storm is FOX rightnow
Songbird is a nobody
Emma is an unrepentent heterosexual thot who fucked her way into goddesshood. The dykes and feminist agenda won't like her.
Thundra? Swole man hating dyke from a gender segregated universe? LOL Damn

I still say Hellcat is far more marketable.

X-Man
Maybe?
X-Man
You're fucking joking right?
And again, X-MAN!

Most of their well known heroines are X-Men, and unfortunately will never stand out from that label.
Dumbass moviefags, shut the fuck up, we're past that. That's not the problem.

>She-Hulk is just Hulk with tits as far as marketing is concerend
How is that a problem?

>Storm (Fox had the rights)
>Songbird (Too obscure would have fell under the Marvel TV deal with Thunderbolts)
>Emma (Fox again)
>Thundra (mostly with Fox under the Fantastic Four rights)

Wanna hear my owl impression?

Because Hulk will ALWAYS be in the public consciousness first before her unfortunately. I'm not knocking the character, but she's not the right fit for "Marvel's Wonder Woman" either.

>. Could you remake Tigra perhaps?
I really need this in the R rated movies, if I see her in a tracksuit I'll kill Feige

Because they wanted a female superhero with a unique identity and power set you fucking dolt

Didnt the mouse buy up the fox IPs? I havent beem paying a whole lot of attention to Disney Marvel but I thought that was the point of that buyout.

And Songbird is a hell of a lot more viable than Hellcat. There is no possible way Hellcat would work. Shes one of the few women characters worse than Carol.

What? I didnt bring up X-man cause hes a dude.

What happens in the inmediate future of Marvel Studios output if Captain Marvel flops? X-Men and F4 movies will take at least 2 years to come out even if they rush the reboots.

>I thought that was the point of that buyout.
No, Disney wants to dethrone Netflix as the king of streaming at all cost, Rupert Murdoch wanted to get out of the enterteiment business and put Fox TV & Film divisions on sale so Disney took the chance to buy it after an skirmish with Comcast, just so they can take out a lot of content out from Netflix and dump it on Disney+ and Hulu, that Fox held the X-Men and F4 rights just sweetened the deal but it's far from the point of the buyout.

Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. have always carried most Marvel films with charm and personality, so with them leaving fans won't have much reason to see future films. Plus GOTG3 is on hiatus. Also Sony is just months away away from taking back the rights to Spider Man.

I think the MCU is pretty fucked m8.

can you imagine the shitstorm that Yea Forums and Yea Forums would be right now if that was the case? honestly black and a woman? now that's a guaranteed flop

>Also Sony is just months away away from taking back the rights to Spider Man.

not gonna happen, no matter how much you want it to

And you know this, how?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm done after Endgame if Evans and RDJ are gone.

they don't have She-Hulk she's tied in with Universal, Marvel can only use her in team up films.
Nextwave ruined Monica forever, she's still a joke character.

if it wasn't for Nextwave she'd have been killed off as fodder in a shitty event years ago and never resurrected.

You could probably give Tigra a sick new bodysuit too if you wanted. Her character is so blank you could rewrite her from the ground up and I doubt many would care. What if we do some Aquaman/Chat shit where she controls all animals?

Attached: Tigra.jpg (2000x2593, 619K)

Sony HAS the rights to Spider Man you fucking idiot, the whole Marvel thing is just a deal between Disney and Sony, both studios make the movies and both benefit from it in one way or the other, the only thing that's going to happen after FFH is that they'll renew the contract
Not even including that Amy Pascal said she wants Spider Man to stay in the MCU, after Venom being a hit they figured out they don't really need him at all, and after the success of Spider Verse they also can toy with the idea of using Miles as their Spider Man for their movies

Why do YOU think they're going to "take the rights" back? did you know that Hulk is owned by Universal but they still use him? of course they can't make solo movies with him, but still

Guys stop talking about movie rights like they have tremendous swing in the books. That was only partly true regarding F4 and X-Men, and they're over that

Movies aren't made overnight dude

Yeah no shit, what's your point?

He can’t get royalties from a pre-establishes character, user.

I can't believe no one in the thread has suggested it yet, but isn't it possible that the reason they chose Captain Marvel is purely because of her name? Marvel probably wanted the lead hero of their new generation of heroes to be literally named "Marvel."

Which now they have back. So what's their excuse now?

We knew this was going to happen when they Disney-fied her for the little girls. All the interesting stuff about her makes her a very shitty person that no child should look up to.

I mean if Sony is going to keep the trend of good Spider movies like Spider-verse, why not let them handle the character. The MCU version is shit anyways.

well they still have Spidey, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Eternals and Shang-Chi

This is actually a really long answer that goes back to her original ongoing (the first of Marvel's female superheroine solos to last longer than a handful of issues), Claremont's time writing her and his rehabilitation of the character after Avengers 200, and then Busiek's reintroduction of Carol as Warbird (which led to her place in the 00s Avengers/events saga)

Basically it wasn't just a spontaneous thing that happened, it slowly just bubbled up.

The current wave of Carol's ascendancy is actually really indebted to KSD's work in helping build a positive fanbase with their own identity and who do a lot of outreach. Say what you will about Captain Marvel relaunching or whatever, part of the reason KSD's run lasted for like three years is because of the effort she did to have a fanbase that was really dedicated to keeping the comic alive and promoting it. She spent a lot of time sharing digital codes and boosting people who were excited about the character and that did a lot and said a lot to Marvel.

I think it was actually looking at all of that that made Marvel Studios finally chill with giving the greenlight to a Carol Danvers movie; they had Ms. Marvel treatments and screenplays on the backburner in their development program but they never greenlighted it. It was really KSD's take (and teh passionate but small fan community she built) that got it off the ground.

And Marvel didn't decide to boost her in universe until after the movie got announced, because they're slaves to movieshit and would never boost anyone besides their big characters. And they did in the dumbest fucking way possible with Civil War II and with some untested but well-meaning writers on her ongoings

I don't question why but rather how they have botched it up so many times. So many mediocre writers and so many relaunches. They can't even build upon the previous runs and keep starting over and over. It's like what's been happening with Aquaman since New 52 but at least he managed to have a couple of great runs.

They could have started referring to her mostly as Jennifer Walters and ramp down the use of the "She-Hulk" title.

I mean, Jean Grey used to be "Marvel Girl" but now everyone just calls hr by her actual name, although Phoenix gets mentions due to one or more famous stories.

user she'd still be a fucking Hulk no matter how you spin it, and Banner is THE Hulk. You'd have better luck making her a chick Juggernaut

this is revisionist history

marvel comics (not the studio) knew feige was going to get to carol eventually and forced her down everybody's throats

carol's ms. marvel book under reed was doing just fine, but they canned it and YASSS SLAYYY relaunched her (more than SEVEN times now btw) and had jamie "all costumes that show skin are a tool of the patriachy" mckelvie redesign her costume for an obvious movie translation

KSD's run(s) ranged from bad to generically dull. even the god warren ellis couldn't save it when he joined her as a co-writer

carol works best when she interacts with the rest of the universe, both as an avenger and occasional team-up, her being pushed to A-list status solo on par with the big guns was about as inorganic as the WWE pushing roman reigns, the fans rejected it for a reason. they put KSD on her because she was the biggest female writer they had and wanted to give it more credibility (even though marjorie liu was their best female writer in talent)

What the fuck are you talking about. How is me describing the trajectory of Carol's rise to "preeminent female hero of the Avengers side of the Marvel Universe" revisionist? I
was just saying that it didn't start in 2012, it's a lot more linked to her place in the Avengers line in the 00s (where she was a mainstay in the Bendis books and the summer events, and had the long-running ongoing), which in turn has to do with the scope of her 20th century history and the way she recovered from bad stories under the care of specific writers.

Again, Marvel didn't really make an effort to push her in the MU at large until after the movie was announced in 2014, there was no way to tell that Carol would be their first female hero movie.

And you're completely wrong about everything to do with KSD's run. She pitched a direction for the character and the new title because nothing was being done with her, and she is the one who paid Jamie McKelvie out of her own pocket for the costume redesign. Marvel didn't launch that run or change her name with the same intention of raising her profile that they have now.

Also she's interacting with the rest of the Universe - like, a lot. Maybe not the characters you or I want them to (can you believe she hasn't talked to Scarlet Witch since Avengers vs. X-Men?) but she is doing that all of the time. I have no idea where that came from.

And what the fuck is the implication that the Reed book got canned in order to push the Captain Marvel ongoing? There was a full two years between the end of Reed's ongoing (which was selling way above cancellation numbers actually) and the start of KSD's run. Again, she pitched it because Marvel wasn't doing anything with Carol at the time.

>No leotard

TRASH!

Don't feel like making a new thread for this but did She Hulk really sleep with The Juggernaut in main canon?

If anything, she would have died with dignity compared to living as a joke.

Attached: 1465262241874.jpg (1280x2000, 857K)

Isn't it disgusting that the comics change specifically to appeal to movie fags?

You're dumb as fuck. Everyone in Nextwave got turned into a joke. That was literally the fucking point of the series you braindead knuckledragging dropout.

Monica's gag was a dig at how she got written as failing, incompetent, and subservient to Steve Rogers after editorial forced Stern off of Avengers so that they could make Captain America lead the team again. That's why you get the jokes of him telling Monica to go to the kitchen and fix him something up, and why she's perpetually mad about it.

And none of her appearances after Nextwave were jokey at all, she's been on some great teams and had some legitimately good moments. Like what are you even on about? Are you latching onto that one gag from Reed's Ms. Marvel? Fuck off.

user they were pushing Carol long before her movie was even greenlit

Hell who could even pull off a convincing Jen in Hollywood? Only other choice is WWE divas and that's a crapshoot.

I guess Jane Foster THOR may be the definitive female character of the MCU

Attached: 0e086344281b91c4dc54cd600005852a.jpg (600x858, 43K)

No, but it's disgusting that your head's not in the toilet.

it makes the most sense. she wanted to be big and famous and the best hero. now she's big and famous and teetering on the brink of a neurotic breakdown under the pressure because she knows she's not doing enough, and every time she tries to do more it blows up in her face.

Attached: 1487044066271.jpg (1828x1400, 1.38M)

>No
Sure thing casual pleb
No they weren't. Marvel knew they were giving her a movie since before civil war 2.

I would love to see an adult themed movie about Goblin Queen. I know that will never happen though...

Attached: the_goblin_queen_by_shawnvanbriesen-d1b5s9s.jpg (762x1048, 185K)

Fascist alcoholic Carol is just more interesting though, she doesn't have to be a "role model." She's got a supervillainy vibe. Wanna be really edgy? Tie that to her being American military. No it's not actually evil, just the neocon model gets shaky even if it starts out making sense, see John Bolton.

I'm staying out of this Carol discourse bc you're all a bunch of goblins, but desu this pic is really weird for an apparent hero. "Wow look at this uncaring God behind adored by the masses" idk it's the sort of imagery I would sooner associate with a villain that happens to have, like, a red-blooded wholesome facade

I have a similar issue with america chavez; like i want to like her because I'm basically an evil sjw, but the whole "we love america!! she's the future!" angle makes her seem like some sort of manipulative cult leader

Triggered mouse skeeter

You do realize Marvel STUDIOS and Marvel COMICS are two separate companies and synergy from the latter is a reactive kneejerk response to whatever the former does, right? Because it that weren't the case, Meme Lord would have been in books before GOTG hit

>>ike hates black widow
Perlmutter has no say in Marvel Studios anymore. Feige (SOMEHOW) kicked his ass out.

Yeah, so now we're getting a Black Widow movie. I know.

>a villain that happens to have, like, a red-blooded wholesome facade
So Carol Danvers?

Attached: Miles-Carol.png (1366x1098, 2.19M)

Are you a 15 year old fangirl? I like Evans and RDJ too but why are a couple of decent actors the only reason you're watching MCU films?

Most of their decent females are in X-men territory. Or Sue Storm.

Owned by the same company

Yeah no shit, but they're different divisions that don't communicate as much as you think, dumbass.

In other words, her ego got in the way of her common sense?

I don't know about you, but I'd totally pay to watch nextwave.

Captain MARVEL

>It was really KSD's take (and teh passionate but small fan community she built) that got it off the ground

no, it was internet thinkpieces in like around 2014ish bitching about how there wasn't a female solo hero movie

the movie was officially announced in 2014, but remember feige had plans for the mcu through 2024 just a few years ago. the creative committee was still part of the studio as well aka bendis/quesada who knew about the upcoming plans and wanted to make carol more "filmic"

marvel wanted to do something with carol but wasn't sure how but they had to cancel reed's carol first. it was always going to be carol by default. widow was tied to the avengers, and all the rest of their best female heroes are at fox, (x-women/susan), it's carol or bust

Attached: Monica deserves better.jpg (500x375, 51K)

Who else?
>Interesting origin story.
>Interesting power set.
>Pink as fuck, little girls would love her.
>Not tied to any other character.

Attached: new_avengers_vol_4_13_textless_by_danishcrazywolf_dbmhghf-pre.jpg (786x1016, 158K)

>her powers
so she's basically female blackbolt from the (failed) inhumans tv show
great

If Feige was too chickenshit to show Tony as an alcoholic in the movies, what would make you think that he would let Carol be shown as an alcoholic?

Every Captain Marvel is super obscure to the normies that the MCU pushes it's movies to.

Heck, do you think 95% of the people who watched the first Iron Man movie knew who Tony Start was?

Seriously, they can do whatever they want with these characters because to most people they are a blank slate.

What female cosmic heroes are there who have some sort of connection to earth?

It’s interesting because while there was dedicated fan support for the book, the only thing I remember from KSD’s run was Carol getting mindwiped, everything else in that run was incredibly bland and forgettable. I still think it’s funny that the “Carol Corps” abandoned the book as soon as KSD left.

>hasn’t talked to Scarlet Witch since Avengers vs. X-Men
Probably because nobody at Marvel right now read anything about Carol before the KSD run.

Differentfag here, but I really wish they fleshed out Scarlet Witch some more and got more screen time
Elizabeth Olsen is cute, sexy, excellent actress, and teh character is already somewhat established

She's the only major female hero they have that isn't either

-Heavily connected to either a specific team like Invisible Woman or any of the X-men

-A female version of an already well known male hero like Spiderwoman, She-Hulk, Female Thor etc. It doesn't matter if they're actually quite different, at first glance they will seem like a ripoff of a male hero and that's all the general public will notice at first.

Now yes, Carol is technically the latter since she's a derivative of the male Captain Marvel, but he's been dead for decades and she's basically outstripped him as far as fame is concerned. They can sell her as the new big thing and only hardcore comicbook nerds will know anything about Mar-Vel

And Scarlet Witch doesn’t seem like an apathetic cunt for Disney to ask your daughters to look up to

They kinda hinted at it in Iron Man 2, didn't they/

Yeah the marketing for cap marvel was pretty bland and repetitive. I have confidence the movie is going to at the very least NOT be bad. realistically probably decent, worth a rewatch or two (on home media). But I completely agree that she seems kinda unemotive in her marketing. Though i also think that's just something people latched onto and it became a meme. But it's definitely repeitive with the standing up theme and the further faster stronger

>Songbird is a nobody
So were the Guardians of the Galaxy until the MCU got a hold of them. So was the Scott Lang version of Ant-Man (and even the Pym version was B-list at best). And Carol was a C-lister herself until Marvel gave her the mega-push.

I think they're trying to push a cosmic character since marvel cosmic is a thing they're trying to push. So they would have wanted someone who was a cosmic hero who also had a connection to earth

They absolutely hinted at it. Even in the first iron man.
>Yinsen
>If I had been that drunk, I would not have been able to stand, let alone give a lecture on... integrated circuits
There's a slight pause there that leads me to believe there's implied quotations, "Integrated circuits" so maybe he wasn't staying on topic very much while giving that lecture
Tony also drank often during movie. He also was shown to have booze everywhere like in Avengers when he was putting on the special bracelets sitting on the counter top of a bar
But no, they didn't go full pathological alcoholic

Just be glad they kept his pussyhounding personality accurate before the MeToo trend. But I guess that wouldn’t count even if the movie came out now since the character is a rich Chad

Yeah. Which is still more original than
>Can fly
>Can punch
>Can shoot pew pews
Also the fact that she begins as a low-time villain and finds more success as a superhero is much more original.

>Is a sidekick to low-time villain Angar the Screamer
>Angar is so low-time he gets shot by regular cops
>Songbird (Screaming Mimi) is taken by the police
>Matures a little after years of isolation in The Raft
>Is freed by Thunderbolt Ross
>Is forced to join a group of new Accords-approved heroes that was formed to raise people's hopes after the annihilation, The Thunderbolts
>In reality, they're all villains Ross is manipulating
>Zemo is one of them (obvs), is plotting along with the rest of the team to strike back and take down the system or something.
>Slowly grows accustomed to being a hero. Begins to reflect on the life she used to have before being taken.
>"Betrays" the Thunderbolts. She's forced to take them down. Maybe some other Avengers appear to help her.

It would've been the best moment to introduce The Thunderbolts, right after IW. But I guess Marvel's Power Girl will have to do.

>Yeah. Which is still more original than
I suppose you're right. Maybe they just wanted to go with something a little safer for MCU's first female superhero solo movie.
I'm not against her per se, but my inhumans remark was because she reminded me of that awful show kek
hopefully they get around to doing all these heroes

No, she really wasn't. Carol was NEVER a good or interesting character.

Outside of the x-man comics, she is analogous to superman, flying brick with beam powers. She's one of the more powerful characters.

They need to find a 6'+ amazon to fufill her role. She hulk needs to be tall. Like, that is one of her defining features as a hulk.

This. Monica ffom nextwave is the most prominent version of her for me now. And Aaron Stack.

they didn't want to lose the rights to Chadzam

>X-Men heroines too embedded in the team/group to really stand out
>Tempest can't stand out on her own
>Emma Frost can't stand out on her own
>Jean Grey can't stand out on her own

I call that bullshit.

Hinted? No, they explain that he was drinking heavy to numb the pain of lithium poisoning. It wasn't a drinking problem persay, just accepting and dulling his inevitable death by heavy metal poisoning.

>And Marvel didn't decide to boost her in universe until after the movie got announced, because they're slaves to movieshit and would never boost anyone besides their big characters.
Bull-fucking-shit, Black Panther and Ant Man weren't NEARLY as pushed as hard as Carol was when her movie was getting made.

Because Disney knows what theyre doing

Even their shittiest Spider-Man still did better than the competitions best so they'll keep him

Fact is user when you think Emma, you think X-Men. Be salty all you want

Dude, we’re not talking about movies

No loves for her? not white too

Attached: imgwhite-tiger-getting-her-own-netflix-series.png (643x327, 440K)

That doesn't negate the timeline of what I was saying. The fact is that Marvel didn't try to make Carol more of a focal point of the universe at large until the movie was a done deal; even if others didn't get the same exact push, her strategic rise in profile was part of a movie-related strategy. If it seemed more prominent than Ant-Man, I think it might also be because Marvel wanted to capitalize on the opportunity to finally have a distinct "leading female" on the non-X-Men side of things.

And actually, Black Panther did get a huge push before his movie came out! They went and asking a big prominent essayist/Genius Grant winner to write his ongoing! They gave him two distinct spin-off books and prominent roles on team books! He got the same origin revision miniseries that Carol got. And after the movie, two BP supporting characters now have comics, he has a "vs. Deadpool" mini, and he leads the Avengers. I would actually say he got way more consistent promotion than Carol.

youtube.com/watch?v=I-l0FRLpFNg

Attached: Infinity_Countdown_Vol_1_1_Captain_Marvel_Holds_Infinity_Variant_Textless.jpg (700x1050, 79K)

>Monica FUCKING Rambeau

MCU could have hired Meagan Good for the role
But it seems to have a clause prohibiting hiring attractive curvy women at Disney

Attached: Deuces-Meagan Good.webm (790x530, 2.61M)

If they were making movies for me, they would make She-hulk and Tigra and it would be a smash hit. A smash hit with me.

Attached: eFfmdb3.jpg (2560x1600, 378K)

Good news, Monica in is Captain Marvel! They set her up as a kid in the 90s. Go watch it.

Why aren't they pushing Stained Glass Scarlet?

Attached: Scarlet.jpg (221x400, 83K)

Wasn't RDJ a recovering alcoholic back when Iron Man was being filmed? The removal of Tony's alcoholism might have been a gesture of decency for him.

Attached: maximum oversweat.png (320x240, 147K)

Bitch doesn't even have eyebrows

That would be depressing if it were true

>she's very easy to make into whatever Feige wants

And yet he still writes her in the same shit way as the comics