Lego Movie 2

Why didn't see you my movie, Yea Forums? I thought you loved Legos.

Attached: LEGO-Movie-2-box-office-bomb.png.jpg (1400x700, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3vsm5dOXBBc
youtube.com/watch?v=ua2enFk-16Y
youtube.com/watch?v=tFOaxRu5afo
youtube.com/watch?v=4JJ3ll_HVGg
youtube.com/watch?v=NcUxNCkp9a0
strawpoll.me/17455381/r
youtu.be/McDBw1N8i_g
youtu.be/0-zM9cSftvU
youtu.be/eSLe4HuKuK0
youtube.com/watch?v=bToeXKu9W94
youtube.com/watch?v=Cr8N3xwvonY
youtube.com/watch?v=_lqesLb_tfc
youtube.com/watch?v=k-T4MFrfCSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cinema is dead

What the fuck there's a Lego movie 2? Why didn't anyone tell me this?

sequels always bomb

no exceptions

Attached: Capture.png (1046x83, 22K)

No one watch animated movies if there is no Disney logo or Minions.

This is for Aquaman

Attached: muahahaha.jpg (480x360, 38K)

>Why didn't see you my movie, Yea Forums?

It wasn't as good as the first one.

sequels are always soulless and always are the result of corporate greed

The Dark Knight, though.

I wanted to but my theater didnt show it

Attached: 1548627305701.png (818x614, 472K)

We've been having long-lasting threads about it since it released. There's one up right now. It's not our fault if you ignore what we tell you.

It's a shame, it's a good movie.

Why didn't you do it in stop motion you talentless fuck? You're made of fucking lego for fucks sake.

Because that would have taken fucking forever, and it look so close enough to stop motion anyway that some people think it actually is.

>legos

Attached: wat2.jpg (245x185, 8K)

I'm gonna see it next week.
This week is UK Half Term so the seats are gonna be filled with annoying kids.

t. normie

So? It's still good.

After Lego Batman i have an hard time seeing these movies as more than a cynical commercial. Lego Movie was peculiar, now it's just another brand

>January release
Also
>literally so much snow and freezing rain I'm lucky if I get to work
>temperature's less than 24 every day

But Lego Bstman was good. It was Ninjago that was bad.

The only cynical one here is you.

I didn't hate it, it was funny at times, but half the movie was an extension of jokes from Lego Movie *and* the previous Lego Batman DTV ones, and the other half was Lego presents: Lord of the Rings™, Harry Potter™ etc. which i thought was completely unnecessary

They have the entire cast of Batman villains but they still couldn't help but advertise unrelated products, that's a commercial. It's not like in Lego Movie where the crossover aspect between real Lego sets was the whole premise

They released in February when they could have easily released it around the summertime. Just because a release date works financially one time doesn't mean it will work again.

I did just last night.
$5 of that total is from me, bro. You deserve it.
And the movie was actually real good. If I got stuck seeing it again with niece/nephews I would be okay with it.

They didn't bother to advertise it. I didn't even know it was out.

I liked the crossover stuff in Batman, it gave it a fresh plot.

After Spider-verse making such a little box offie I knew it was going to happen.

Before releaing an animated movie you need to build up hype, Pixar are the only guys that know about it, they are teasing about how "sad" it will be ,they are feeding controversy about is being a cashgrab after 3 movies, they are teasing it in all possible ways.

You need to shill hard to make animated movie work.

Best credits song I've heard in a very long time.

I like that friends song

The marketing people wanted to have their cake and eat it too. It was marketed heavily as a PC, girl power 'take that' story, when it wasn't. Even pretending to get woke will make you go broke.

Terminator 2 would like to have a word with you.

"Lego" is already plural.

The word for a single brick is a "Legon"

Little known bit of trivia there.

It's not out in my country yet

by Beck!
youtube.com/watch?v=3vsm5dOXBBc

Why should I go see a nearly two hour long commercial again?

the Novelty wore off

also entire america is under a snowstorm that nobody wants to go to the movies

I saw it in 3D on the Sunday of Last Week though!

I'm just tired of being told that "girls rule and boys drool." I support your right to have whatever agenda you want, but I've been on this world far too long to feel any desire at all to support it with my money. And I've heard people tell me that all the "boys r dumb throw rocks at them" stuff is only in the trailer. Fine. But the trailer wasn't made in a vacuum, and that's the face they decided to show the world. I'll save my money. Peace.

It's February, user.

because it's fun
Lucy immediately defends Emmet when that comes up.

Ninjago ruined the reputation of the movie franchise.

"A trailer had a single line that felt like it was mocking men, so I refuse to watch the movie, even though the movie was not made by the same people who made the trailer"?

Better question:

Why didn't you see my movie, Yea Forums? I thought you loved America.

Attached: Abe-Lincoln-LEGO-Movie-2-LEGO-Minifigures-71023.png (500x500, 49K)

It's like opposite of Frozen, where snowstorms helped the movie

I hope they don't actually throw rocks at you because you sound fragile as fuck.

I keep half-forgetting that it actually came out, and it's on such a backburner compared to other things in my life. I was curious how a Lego movie would happen the first time, now I already know, and am content to wait to see it on my own time.

Funny how that didn't make it into the trailer.

Still ain't seeing your movie, grrrl power.

Attached: kzpkRgY.jpg (1920x1276, 279K)

based and redpilled

"I will insult people and THEN they will give money to things I like!"

How's that working out for you?

You sound like the guy who gets upset that the trailer for the next Masterchef is misleading because things didn't actually reach a boiling point in what may be their toughest challenge yet.
You know that the trailer is bullshit, you know what happens and still you're stomping your feet because how fucking dare they.

There are exceptions where the sequel is superior, but it is a very small list that can be counted on both hands.

Terminator 2
The Dark Knight
Aliens
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Road Warrior & Fury Road
The Purge 2&3

And there are probably a couple more I can't recall off the top of my head.

Actually I saw it already and would like to see it a second time if I can manage.

I did see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter in theaters.

I found it weak compared to the first movie.
I felt like the first movie did everything better from animation, plot, style, music, etc.

This movie actually felt like a commercial when I watched it.

They also had way too much live action. The world's were also extremely boring compared to the first.

I actually buy lego still and most of the sistar sets are boring as fuck and most of the apocalypse sets too.

It was a horrible idea with bland/safe feeling execution.

I mean it's still a 7 movie but it could've been a 9 like the first.

N8njago was the only truly soulless one tho.

That bit with lucy and everyone in the bunker was so weird. Although everyone helped, Emmet was central to them winning. It is only through his plan that they got anywhere, his willingness to sacrifice himself inspires literally everyone to fight after their will had been broken; and when the battle was lost, he fucking comes back from interceding with the gods, builds a fucking huge mech, kicks every ass he finds and fucking talks down the villain.

How can they not have even a little bit of faith in him?

What about planned trilogies? Each LOTR movie actually did better than the previous.

Eh, if Trannies can get away with starting a hate campaign against Catherine, then let him get mad at a trailer about Lego Movie 2.

It's only shown during daytime when i'm at work.

i am just so tired of seeing the same sjw proganda about how "women are better then men" and "fuck boys" over and over again

The crux of the conflict in this movie comes exactly because of women's bad decisions and feelings towards men. They are at fault for the conflict happening.

>Things that didn’t happen

Fuck that trailer can we talk about how cute emmet is?

This.
The first trailer that I saw had that displayed prominently and talked up Lucy and all kind of girl power bullshit when ANYONE could have did what she did while downplaying what Emmit did.

It drove a wedge between the MC and his sidekick and made lucy look poorly. It was a bad idea and the man hating feminist gurl power thing in media is basically on it's last legs.

I liked it better when the minifigures didn't talk.
Of course, you can't have lolrandumb humor and celebrity voice cameos if they don't talk

it's not out yet in my country.
already planning on going though

>How can they not have even a little bit of faith in him?
Because they're all immature and bitter and angsty?

Didn't have time to do it and my cinema's people are literally drugged
>Movie comes out on certain date
>They showcase it a day or two later
>Movies air only in very late evenings except for documentaries which air in the day

I did, it was very good.

Just saw it last night. It was good, but it's not the kind of movie that can just be good when it's also the fourth lego movie and the sequel that doesn't draw in another fanbase (Batman). They should have either never made a sequel to The Lego Movie, or they should have knocked it out of the park so they could get another good word mouth campaign like the first movie had.

Attached: Screenshot-2019-02-17-15.10.01-678x381.png (678x381, 453K)

After Ninjago hel no.

Overly energetic and boring for adults with two good jokes that's it

Maybe stop shitting out trailers then. That trailer confirmed what I already knew, that this was another boring sequel

Ninjago was bad. This isn't.

>Watching trailers

and yet all the men are still portrayed as idiots and the only competent or cool once are all girls

t. retarded

But that doesn't happen at all. Rex and Emmet made it by themselves, Ice Cream and the vampire guy were fine, Benny and Metalbeard were themselves, the only ones I can think of as actual idiots were Batman and Banarnar.

But, we are not talking Danish, aren't we?

I'm not sure why there was even a first one.

>Banarnar

Jesus Christ, who came up with this guy?! He was the definition of the "cringe character I don't want to see at all".

the first trailer made it seem it was a girls vs boys/minifigs vs minidolls film, so a lot of people didn't want to see it

What movie did you watch? The cooliest and most competent characters were Emmet and Rex. Wyldstyle just bumbled about until she bumped into the climax, unikitty just danced (cutely), whatevra didn’t achieve anything and mayhem just did everything in her power to further every /m/ tier MISUNDERSTANDING she could.

>be me, Wildstyle
>spend large parts of life fighting against Octan
>risk life trying to find piece of resistance
>risk life busting out The Special from a heavily guarded prison
>"The Special" turns out to be bumbling buffoon who's not special at all
>continue saving everyone's keyster while blind man blinds and buffoon man buffoons
>gives buffoon a chance at uniting people together, he totally messes it up
>buffoon attracts police to the secret hideout
>escapes by building a submarine while buffoon builds a couch
>buffoon stops being an idiot for a minute and comes up with a good plan
>nevermind it didn't work and now everyone's been captured
>buffoon saves everyone by killing himself. Well that was nice, for once.
>rally entire universe against President Business
>buffoon turns out to be really bad at killing himself
>buffoon manages to talk down President Business
>buffoon credited as saving the day instead of me because he did one thing

>later on
>in bunker
>finally get credit for my ass-kickery
>internet gets angry for me not saying buffoon is superior to me
>accuse me of sexism
>mfw

Attached: images.jpg (294x171, 7K)

Because fuck sequels.

DANGERVEST DID NOTHING WRONG

Attached: rex.png (360x599, 268K)

cause it as part of wildstyles character to not think about stuff and just do, so she steamrolls Emmets support in her selective memory cause he was bumbling and bumbling made her felt shamed.

dunno about other countries but the localized dub in my country (Latvia) was atrocious.
I understand that translating songs is hard and some jokes just don't work in different languages, but whoever translated it doesn't even get sarcasm so the characters just ramble without a punchline.

After the cloud cuckoo land fiasco (Which wasn’t really his fault)Everyone started getting their asses kicked until emmet actually intervenes.

Emmet saves them from the submarine and his plan only fails because batman and wyldstyle fucked . They then get their asses kicked despite them fighting back, only for emmet to save the day again. Then emmet fucking stops the bad guy from continuing to kicm their asses.

It’s all bad end without emmet.

Oh, not to mention that Emmet’s sacrifice was literally so he could save all the master builders who were about to be executed.

Toy Story 2 and 3.

I don't have a cinema in town.

While the German translation was alright, there's one thing I absolutely can't stand: the random renamings and translations of names that often end up sounding stupid like Rex Abenteuerweste (Adventurevest), Sweet Mischmasch or Einhorn-Kitty (although I really liked Planty becoming Pflanziska).
Kids can live with English names, Lego, and no one was confused that Wyldstyle wasn't named "Wirrwarr" and Lord Business "Graf Zaster" or some shit like that.

This is the end of Pratt btw
He's not getting brought back from the snap either so he'll always be remembered as the tiny dick guy who felt insecure around Thor

An issue of a watered down brand, poor weather conditions, terrible marketing and a weak story.

The brand isn't as novel anymore now that we're on a 4th movie. Most everywhere right now is freezing, all influencing people going to the movies.

Terrible marketing, was the trailers we got which misrepresented the movies core themes and set off the fucking retarded "BOYS DUMB/GIRLS SMART" debate you still see in this thread going on so you've got people going out of their way to spread false word of mouth to get people to not to. You pair that with a film whose story is basically "what a twist" and word of mouth isn't going to go into your favor cause people won't tell anyone why the film is actually good to "maintain the twists" and if the twists don't land for people, then people won't care.

Scientologist piece of shit, to be honest.

Like the rest already showed you, it's not them being a sequel the problem, it's when they get complacent, lazy and expect the brand alone to carry the movie when the sequels don't do as well as they should.

>Half of the country's snowed in and it's freezing as fuck
>another half didn't even get payed for like a month
>HTTYD 3 literally a week away
>Aquaman, Bumblebee, Spiderverse, probably still in the theater anyway
>Not as good as the first one
Frankly, it should be considered a blessing it made as much as it did

Attached: 1531079011633.gif (500x379, 933K)

That’s literally what’s required for every movie, dude.

oh my god
you think people were waiting to see how to train your dragon?
no one cares about loser twink who's not like dad or the other tuff men but is really smurt and his "twink with tits" ersatzmale totes not like the other girls tough girlfriend bullshit.

I went to see it since it opened today in my country and fuck, it was so good.
It was just a good decision to go see it with my little brother, we're gonna go fish the legos from the garage.

Also bless them for hiring Jon Lajoie to make the songs, I had forgotten the man existed.
The lyrics of the credit made me look like an insane person though, laughing alone in a theater filled with people that don't speak english.

Shrek and Kung Fu Panda lad

People like how to train your dragon! Of course, they like it for the Dragon.

i saw it... it felt,. empty.

in Poland President Business was Lord Business.

not the worst translation

To be fair Kung Fu Panda 2 is vastly superior to the first one, and the first one was great.

Opposite is true for Lego 2, it's super fun and good but not as good as the first one.

Paraphrasing a comment I saw on the Youtube trailer
>Lol this came 5 years too late we are not children anymore

One of the curious instances where the Asylum counterpart, Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies, was better.

I keep seeing stuff like this on social media so it's not a surprise or anything

Attached: lgm.png (620x503, 51K)

>in movie has Lucy defend Emmett's actions and hype him up as The Special
>in greentext user acts like scene in movie he apparently didn't bother to see went like how he says

Pratt's overrated plus being a fat homophobe didn't help

True, but that almost seems like that movie's limitations benefitted it.
I mean if vs Zombies has Vampire Hunter budget and effects they would try to do more and fail to do so.
All in all Zombies got the budget both premises deserve.

Ninjago is totally unnecessary and it harms the potential of Lego Movie 2.

Do people just not go to the movies on a regular enough basis? At least monthly?
Hell every movie theater now basically has a membership where you get discounts just to let them send you advertisement emails about what's coming out.

the french translation calls Queen Whatevra "The Queen with a thousand faces" which makes the Not Evil song even funnier.

every MCU sequel.

oh, meanwhile her polish name roughly translates to: "I don't care."

>The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
For a Few Dollars More is better than GBU. Fact.

Attached: 1531288970142.jpg (572x621, 104K)

>WB

They should have worked with Disney instead

I'm kinda broke at the moment and can't really spend money on movies. With that being said, I honestly would've been okay if The Lego Movie was just a standalone film, I didn't need a sequel.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-10-09-23h23m18s167.png (1280x718, 707K)

I don't need a dessert after a nice meal but it's still pleasant to eat one.
The Lego movies are about having fun.
I'm sad you don't have enough money to treat yourself to a movie user, I'd take you out on a Lego 2 date if I could

youtube.com/watch?v=ua2enFk-16Y

this is beyind the trailer lady who has a fake account

For a Few Dollars More was better than A Fistful of Dollars though. Still proved his point sort of.

>>another half didn't even get payed for like a month
Do you think half the country is employed by the federal government? What a nightmare.

They got a big back pay check when the finally passed a budget anyway.

I saw battle angel alita instead

I detect the slightest hint of insecurity.

Gross

Yup, they got payed just fine. And they got free shit from bleeding hearts, too.

Take that, feminism!

I get that most sequels are mad cash grabs but it's not enticing when the movie it's self makes it obvious it's a mad cash grab.
It was like they start out writing it as a parody on movie sequels, forgot, then proceeded to hamfist the fuck out of what was original in the first movie.
The theme song is call catchy tune .

>When a movie has jack shit to do with feminism, but shills insist it do.

How was it?

It has that black female comedy actor Hollywood keeps pushing so I skipped for the home release.
Fuck that hoe.

They put all the blame at Finn's feet when his sister wouldn't stop wrecking and stealing his stuff

I can't believe that the movie has a song called "catchy song" and has 2 songs catchier than this.
Not Evil is great but I've been obsessed with Super Cool since I saw the movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=tFOaxRu5afo

I thought it was another gender war / men bashing movie based on what I saw on the trailler.

Maybe next time, Lego Guy.

That’s not what happens onscreen at all.

How is that feminism ? She could have been Finn's little brother it would have worked the same.
It's not a girls vs boys thing it's more an older sibling growing up vs annoying little sibling wanting to copy them thing.
As someone with both little brothers and sisters I can confirm it's a pretty accurate portrayal.
I'm legit confused at where do you see the movie putting the blame on Finn's feet though, the entire movie makes you sympathise with how much pressure he's feeling to "grow up" and shows he's a great brother that's an inspiration to his little sister.

wow

U were a single child werent you?, cuz you obviously didnt have to share your toys. or have them stolen. sometimes broken.

Bianca would steal his toys in attempts to play with him, Finn being a teen wouldnt want to play with her and since she kept stealing hi toys he went and broke her stuff. in the end they resolve it just the same way Finn did it with his dad, instead of trying to play different with their toys, they found a middle ground where they could share their fun.

Blame the bland, uninspired, uneventful, shoddily plotted Ninjago Movie.

Can we talk about how the movie was subtly somewhat communist?

Two sides fighting where no ones the bad guy and they just try to change eachother = the two american political parties

Mom coming in and making them put away all their toys because they couldnt work together = anarchy, we cant have a government

But

Them coming together and not trying to change each other but instead playing TOGETHER despite their differences and sharing their toys = communism

They even had a line (when emmet and rex are fighting under the dryer) where Rex says that its a metaphor for politics.

Furthermore the song "Everything Isnt Awesome" is about our current political climate and how we still need to try to work together even if things are looking grim

While I prefer with the actual plot, It was the the minifig vs minidoll plot the trailer presented that had me excited for the movie. There's still a lot of misconceptions about the Friends theme and I wanted to see it get straightened out on the big screen

I mean, it lacked real momentum and scope apart from Emmet and Rex's escapades. Half of it was Lucy and pals stuck in marriage jail.

but those bits were fun, you grumpledumpess
youtube.com/watch?v=4JJ3ll_HVGg

disco unikitty is so sexy

Attached: tlm140.png (256x400, 114K)

They were exploring and stuff in the first film. For an entirely new "SiStar System", they spent way too much time in some rinky-dink spa

Attached: Pop-Up Party Bus.webm (1280x720, 2.06M)

Too childish. They can't even be assed to say that Emmet and Lucy are a couple which they very clearly are, but no they're apparently "super duper best friends" or whatever.

NIGGER YOU JUST USED THE G******D****** WORD

post the picture

you know which one

Belgium, here. I don't know for other country, but in mine, it's actually quite easy to have screening in the Original Language.

But not for this one. Not a single screening of Lego 2 were done in English ever. Tough the adult audience doesn't make the bulk of the movie's grossing, it might explain its slow start.

it was okay-ish the main bad guy was shit and the only good parts were toothless behavior and hiccup cute relationship with astrid

Post of the week

Destroyed a killer and fun party that came with cosmic level gifts and 3 catchy songs.

Don't be a wise ass, it's obviously hyperbole but don't act a large amount of people didn't get payed especially since a lot of jobs are federally funded.

>this is your brain on /pol/

>not directed by Lord and Miller

When will retarded studios learn. I can guarantee Solo would have also made at least 50% more money without reshoots even with the incredibly horrid climate that hack trash the last jedi left for it if they had full freedom.

Because i didn't even know this movie was a thing.

I saw the movie. It just wasn't very good. Rex didn't make sense as a villain. It's like they had it so set in their mind that they wanted to 'subvert' expectations with the 'evil' queen, that they forgot they didn't particularly have an antagonist, and just started to make Rex act more like a dick for some reason.

I don't even go past the theatres to find out what movie is playing. By the time I realize I missed a movie it's generally out on blu ray so that I can just pirate it.

Is this gonna be like Spider-Verse where everyone's talking gloom and doom in the first weeks and then the movie has long legs and ends up doing fine?

this gonna be like Spider-Verse where everyone's talking gloom and doom in the first weeks and then the movie has long legs and ends up doing fine

ftfy,

The movie met under projections for its opening weekend. That definitely isn't good. It's set to do better than The Lego Ninjago movie at least, but I doubt it'll reach even 200 million. That's half of what the original pulled, and 100 million less than Batman.

Keep in mind, this is pretty much WAG's flagship franchise.

Attached: 1532749504410.png (632x190, 13K)

you read it wrong. i love Logos

>Saves LEGO from going bunkrupt
>LEGO refuses to release mask packs despite large petitions
>Axes the line at nine years but proudly claims it was a decade run
>The last year got lunch money for a budget because LEGO wanted to release a Ben 10 line (that flopped)
>Everyone was expecting and openly wishing for a commemorative wave for the last year
>Years later Bionicle gets a reboot dubbed G2 by fans
>Ninjago, Chima and Nexo Knights get a cgi show right off the bat
>G2 gets a flash webtoon that totals less than half an hour. That is it's entire marketing presence for the first year
>The second year had ~90 minutes of cgi broken into four netflix episodes
>The buget is low and much of it goes to literal golden masks to be given as prices in a competition
>We were promised three years minimum but G2 was axed in the second year so Star Wars can cannibalize the customers (it failed)
>Concept art comes out and it becomes clear the designers were impeded
>Fucking Ninjago gets a Legacy wave commemorating it's run

The Great Tiki God is angry at LEGO and has placed a voodoo curse upon the curse to wither and die.

Attached: 1549232819797742276255.jpg (1131x707, 253K)

>after Spider Verse making such a little box office
It's the highest grossing Sony film domestically (yes, over The Smurfs live action) and the fifth worldwide. It's doing fine.

fuck off Emmett I don't give a fuck about lego

Its a fad, not a franchise.

Attached: GUS11.jpg (500x750, 31K)

this there were way to many meta and live action bits

Song was rather catchy

Attached: Lego Queen Watevra Wanabe.png (1076x1596, 164K)

how come nobody in the movie made a big deal about how she was a living pile of bricks in a world were everythings built with bricks

Saw the movie yesterday, didn't like it, loved the first.

its an example of a movie that tried to be too clever for its own good, its super meta on soo many levels but forgets to have a decent story.

I hated the villain twist that brick lady wasn't so innocent herself she was very manipulative especially with batman. and Rex didn't seem like the bad guy in this movie, the problems that the characters faced would still be there even if he wasn't.

It didn't make me laugh, its getting way too referencial, I this super-meta-homour movies might be this generations equivilant of the pop-culture referencing movies the likes of dreamworks made during the mid 00s.

first movie: satires consumer culture, tells you not to fall for manufactured pop songs

second movie: Stop using your brain and enjoy our music, criticism turns you into a bad guy.

So how many waifus did this film produced?
I keep seeing one pink colored girl.

Attached: 105396600.jpg (1000x769, 104K)

No characters I wanted to fuck.

Unikitty is also made of bricks

She's more of a shapeshifting blob, but naturally it just looks like blocks

Attached: Lego Queen Watevra Wanabe Is Not Evil.png (1280x763, 153K)

Three, not counting Wyldstyle. Nobody cares about Wyldstyle.

I agree with all of this
the songs were good tho
youtube.com/watch?v=NcUxNCkp9a0

>Three
I only know Sweet Mayhem and the Queen. Who the fuck is the other one?
And how the hell does Wyldstyle not count?

Unikitty.

>And how the hell does Wyldstyle not count?
strawpoll.me/17455381/r
And also the threads in general. She's been getting way less attention than the other three Girls (or Emmet & Rex, for that matter).

>Unikitty and Sweet Mayhem are pretty much neck and neck
I'm scared guys. I want best brick to win!

Attached: 1542555911274.gif (256x256, 146K)

>Unikitty and Mayhem are the big guns
I should've known.
>Wyldstyle only has 8 votes as of now
The pain is real.

I just looked at the director's filmography. Yikes.

Attached: 1523370456243.png (532x262, 12K)

technically the gifts had not yet been given and weren't at the party.

youtu.be/McDBw1N8i_g

>implying Sky High isn't a masterpiece

Attached: Why would you want to go back into the Matrix after you already know it exists?.png (900x836, 348K)

All the regrets.

Hey, I saw it opening weekend.

Not my fault WB barely advertised the damn thing.

who the hell is excited for dragon fucker 3?

was it any good? All the negative reviews made me stay away.

You'd be surprised. Threads here in Yea Forums about that series last for days.

The planet where everyone is brainwashed to be overly happy did a better job adapting A Wrinkle in Time than the movie from last year.

As enraging as this truth is to be reminded of, I try not to think about it. I'm just happy Bionicle was a thing at all, whether Lego likes to be reminded or not.

Now for something I need to know Yea Forums, what was the best song in TLM2? My vote is Everything's Not Awesome.

'Cause it hasn't fucken opened here and won't for another month. Just like the first LEGO Movie and the Batman LEGO movie. So now I'll see articles about execs bitching they lost a bunch of sales to piracy here because it was the only way folks could see the movie.

At least I got the HTTYD3 before anyone else.

Attached: 1383708256679.jpg (250x250, 52K)

>strawpoll.me/17455381/r

NO REGRETS .

>NO REGRETS
I don't get it. You just re-posted a link. What's to regret about?

you should watch the movie before you post in the thread about the movie

Okay.

do i have to see the first to enjoy this one?

You could probably enjoy this one just fine, but you would miss the setup and introductions to a lot of the side characters. Really though, the first is more than worth your time to watch if you haven't seen it.

You should see the first one regardless of the sequel because it's an excellent movie.

Attached: 1392038342593.jpg (2000x824, 365K)

Nah. But watch it regardless for the fun.

yes

Yes, this.

>i stole their hyperdrive
>but won't they need it?

>hit it Chewy
>ARRGH!

>naw... they'll be fine

My sides...

Attached: Lego-Movie-Star-Wars-hyperdrive.gif (480x200, 876K)

people say how it was less advertised or the first trailer with the one line about gender threw people off or any number of things

But if you ask me, I'm gonna say it was because of the polar vortex

>But the trailer wasn't made in a vacuum, and that's the face they decided to show the world.
Your whole post is gold (fuck the haters), but the quote above sums up SO MUCH of what the problems today are between fans and cinema.

Shit like Brie Larson's nastiness, "The Force is Female", Jessica Jones "drowning in fanboy tears", Ghostbusters 2016 fan-hate and namecalling, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

This is why people like you and I are just tuning out. And all these retard mongoloids making stupid comments about how "fragile" we are, are we supposed to feel "empowered" by giving money to these wretches??? Hell, all this "incel", "fragile", etc insults only make my resolve STRONGER and dig my heels in DEEPER. It's like the homeless beggar who insults you for not giving them money.

As for Lego Movie 2, everything about this film points to it being about the little sister and her Friends-brand Lego taking over, while relying YET AGAIN on the current Hollywood trope of insulting / dumbing down the men to "empower" the women. Its fucking tiring. Even the official Lego sets being sold for this film look like shit (except for the $300 Apocalypseburg). So, not only does it look like yet another hate-men film, but it's also shameless cross-promotion to get people to buy Friends Lego too.

>"I will insult people and THEN they will give money to things I like!"How's that working out for you?
Precisely! Then they continue to double and triple-down on the insults.

>Second Tuesday was slightly larger than first Tuesday
It's not going to catch up to the first film but this was written of as a bomb to early

>And there are probably a couple more I can't recall off the top of my hea
Empire Strikes Back

I'd argue it was the first and third points.

Girl Power and all that gender jazz still thrills normies, regardless what Twitter, Twumblr, Twerp, and Flemcom say about it.

Same I think it's a much better song!

BUTTHURT
U
T
T
H
U
R
T

The guy wanted to finish his 2 parter, and he did and it ended really fucking good

Be happy that it happened.

This entire budget and boogaloo was made specifically for a 2 part movie special

That being said, both movies can be set up as their own but they are still good movies

>One of the scenes literally had the dance party right in front of the fucking dryer

Lucy, seriously what the fuck

Did someone say DANCE PARTY?!?!

Attached: 1094527.gif (300x400, 84K)

>That's right WNBA Champion Sheryl Swoops

Where the fuck did this come from, fucking kek

>"Gee Watevra sure is weird, right talking pink unicorn cat with an abnormally gigantic head that farts rainbows?"

Attached: 1548392864957.jpg (218x250, 5K)

>Unikitty's transformation

GOOD LORD MAN

Which one in particular?

I'm assuming this one
youtu.be/0-zM9cSftvU

>That's my secret. I'm always angry.

This scene feels fucking weird without the music

Fucking batman after he shoots down Mayhem

>Giant light up sign saying YOUR WELCOME

Attached: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

Attached: 40057738433_782bdbe87c_b.jpg (1024x726, 308K)

Im not much of a fan of the random pop up jokes but the one that really fucking got me was Benny's line during the wedding when they got reunited

>Wildstyle, there are so many spaceships here

>*zoom in to his face while he takes off his glasses and music stops*

>But not nearly enough

You mean Emmet did nothing wrong? His friends gave up finding him fuck them.

I went back to the original and jesus fucking christ, the new animation is better but there's something about the first movie looking even more like lego's that is very attractive

Both of these fucking movies are fantastic in their own right

The only Lego movie i haven't watched since the first Lego movie was Ninjago, how is it? Is it anywhere like the series?

Is lego batman worth watching?

It's pretty average compared to the first one and Batman. It's not a bad movie, but it's just a very underwhelming one.

Yes

I can't make comparisons to the series since I haven't seen it, but the Ninjago movie was pretty bad. There were multiple points where I was bored out of my mind and considering stopping watching. It also uses A LOT of non-Lego assets in its sets, props, and effects.

Which is all a shame, because it has a few good parts that feel massively squandered. Garmadon is a fucking hoot and the mechs are great, as well as the Ultimate Weapon.

Hell fucking no, it has absolutely no connection to the series which fucking suck given the character development of the series.

It's just a retelling of group finding the Green Ninja

well its not

Watched it and would give it a solid 7. Was not a fan of the Live action stuff being more prominent

The new years joke got me good

I saw it as a camrip.

I think thats my real problem with Lego Movie 2 - the time travel. I get it was a metaphor, but even that is a shoddy explanation because they never really explained it.

See, the time travel could have been based on the fact that Finn now owned two Emmetts, and that the original Emmett - the one from Lego Movie Part 1 - was the lego figurine he dropped under the washer, and that the Emmett in Lego Movie Part 2 is actually one he bought recently. And Rex is what happens when he found Emmett again and replaced him with new parts. The problem with that theory - aside from the fact that its a theory - is that it makes a villain of the Emmett we know and love, and makes it too convenient for him to find redemption.

She's supposed to represent Finn's sister as a character. See, Finn's avatar is Emmett, the humble guy who builds the stuff around him and is trying to undermine his father, Lord Business. But Finn is a boy, so building and being tough is "his" thing.

Now that I think about it, the cute and sweet nature of Emmett was a repressed side of Finn as he kept trying to prevent his sister from taking his legos, and one of their fights led to Emmett landing under the washing machine So if Emmett was the side of Finn that would build a sweet home and was the polar opposite of the Apocalypseburg, its because he wasn't actually there... yeah, the more I write it, the mroe I can see why the time travel element is stupid. If that was the actual story, they should have actually confronted that. Show that Emmett really was the bad guy, and that he became like Lord Business, but in a different way Or hell, if it was really case that there were two Emmetts then acknowledge that, and not sue time-travel.

You're reading an awful lot into a movie about a boy smashing a girls lego toys and then saying sorry to her afterwards.

The 1st movie spoiled the plot of part 2, taking away the mystery of what to expect

DESU I was expecting a Duplo movie. Would have been a lot more interesting.

if a gay joke that drags on for like 90 minutes sounds like a good idea to you. I like laughing at fags as much as the next guy but it gets old pretty quick.

LOL whut? How much do you think it needs to shit down my mouth? You're blaming us because the trailer was trying to sell me maxi pads?

>trusting current year WB with anything

fpbp

To be fair there's plenty of hints that he's unhappy with the church but he can't leave. A few artists close to him (one of them designed the cover to Sea Change) were rumored to be helping him leave the church, and then they both "killed themselves" within a month of each other.

I'm just hoping for an artbook.

I have work stop guilting me you plastic peice of shit

No

Sky High is great, the 4th Shrek movie was an upgrade from the 3rd, and Trolls actually wasn't bad.

LM2 and Trolls had same solution: to sing a song

because it didn't need a 2nd one and the Batman + endless crappy ninjago spin off ate what interest there was

>Scientologist piece of shit
Yeah how could someone be so stupid to be a part of a cult that scams it's members out of money. They should be part of a real religion, like that one where the priests molested thousands of children with impunity, or other religion where the priests extol murdering everyone with slightly divergent ideas, or other religion where you have to pay thousands of dollars a year to pay for the privilege of going to weekly services and high holy days, or other religion where you have to put your life on hold after high school to go be a missionary or you'll be shunned by your community, or other religion...

Fairly good. Remarkably coherent for an adaptation of a chunk of a long serialization. The extensive use of CGI was decently integrated.

I doubt that a large amount, proportionally, of the population is employed by the federal government.

And all the "free food, rent, etc. for the impoverished government workers!" stunts was just giving out freebies for political theater.

The crossover stuff was funny.

>Choosing to be ignorant when you could very easily look up this information and see that you're wrong

>U.S. Office of Personnel Management Report Employment and Trends - September 2013
>TOTAL CIVILIAN EMPLOYMENT 2,730,551
>The United States [has]... an estimated population of 328,285,992 as of January 12, 2019
>~0.008% of population

Attached: efc4a56a7a949bf.png?v=1499538138.png (1024x576, 5K)

I just realiszed, where the fuck was good/bad cop? he only had one gag

Liam Neeson costs money

>that cup

Attached: 1501669381187.jpg (708x645, 99K)

>using sharpie to cover large areas

Attached: 1506730299113.png (369x334, 157K)

Rex said everything is happening in Finn's head, and earlier in the movie we overheard that he was coming up with a complex timetravel narrative.
Rex became Finn's avatar through the movie and was defeated when he got in touch with his softer side, the Emmett he tried to leave behind.

at least he had a gag, vitrivius floated away

Attached: 1550390251048.png (200x309, 39K)

>spoiled

It was written as a 2 parter

That's literally the largest employer by far in the entire country, maybe even continent.

>Whatever Skynet was working on

Heh

Honey

W
H
E
R
E

Are my
P
A
N
T
S

not this one.

yes that one.

Yep. Documentary is where it’s at if you’re working in the industry now.

It's a tiny proportion of the population.

Ignore that other user. He's just a shill pretending to be a clueless moron who didn't watch the movie at all in an attempt to generate discussion.

>ywn be pinned by frisky Lego cat

Attached: 798f809dc46adcdbd175ea3ed826d1296bec7ad6.png (689x575, 156K)

literally every other iteration of unikitty is sexier than that one

BIG
BOOTS

I think your math is off a bit here, one percent of the total population is 3.2 million, so I'm pretty sure 2.7 million is not 8 thousandths of one percent of the population. You forgot to multiply your answer by one hundred, so actually .8% of the population employed by the government, not .008%. Then consider that many of these people have families.

I had no idea it even existed.
Seems like they really fucked up with the marketing because I'm not the only one who had no idea this was even a thing.

For some reason I found the visuals less interesting to look at. It felt like there was less in every frame.

that fluffy scarf sells it for me

very big everything

Attached: .png (936x526, 1.13M)

Your mom has a family.

this movie is even barely getting any fanart

Attached: ultrakatty__by_mirandamations_dcvcnu8-pre.jpg (1033x774, 77K)

I may actually buy angriest kitty. Does it come alone? Do you have to buy a dozen other things tp have her?

>Advertising for the movie was so shit that I didn't even know it was released in cinemas until after it stopped being shown
I would've loved to have seen it but damn, they really fucked up its premiere in Australia.

Attached: Hamer Shrimpson.png (436x385, 148K)

And that's a bad thing?

you get lucy, emmett and duplo invader

Attached: tumblr_pip5csy32P1xzb6oqo1_1280.gif (1280x720, 767K)

>"Saves lego from going bankrupt"

Nigga what legos was stronger than ever, if any the movie only hurt them

not really, just you notice certain details when you watch movies by same director

same goes for lord and miller, i dont like their "introduction" shtick: in spiderverse , they introduced spider people like 4 times.

in TLM2 Rex introduced himself 3 times at least.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

He kinda fucked up agains the Duplos.

>Forgets that what makes emmet special is that he can see the real world and is able to influence it
>Forgets that Emmet can move in the real world
>Forgets that Kiddo FOUND the fist ship on his way and never built it
>Doesn’t believe Rex’s version of events
>Yet, somehow, decides to believe Rex when he says nothing is real.
Get your head out of your ass.

Well, you're not really wrong. Mayhem and the sister's other toys only win because she keeps changing the rules so they never lose. Although it takes a tragic turn where Finn just gets fed up with it and outright smashes one of her more elaborate toy sets, which she is powerless to stop.

>Why didn't see you my movie, Yea Forums?

Because nothing could top the reveal at the end of the first movie. After seeing that, it felt like the story and universe peaked. Also not a single thing I saw in the trailers looked appealing.

That’s perfect. Gonna stick that fucker on my desk.

i like how you can tell an artist is a sparkledog fursuiter by the thumbnail

>I missed the first 15-20 minutes because my sister really wanted us to eat something

Attached: 1524710913147.png (427x630, 383K)

Usually the first 15 minutes are commercials.
Watch it again without her.

Get woke go broke

i mean, in case of the lego movies it's 90 minutes of commercial.
still good movies tho, thankfully i'm completely immunized against this kind of shit

I hope you broke her fuckling duplo.

I was waiting for someone to post it. Thx for noticing.

I just got back from this movie a second time desu
bretty gud

Nice.

Attached: 1546021847.png (217x190, 55K)

Wait
Did you actually pay to watch a movie that was already in progress?
You could wait for the next showing or reschedule?

He's talking about when Bionicle was a big deal in the early/mid-2000s. Lego nearly went bankrupt at the time and it was the only theme making them enough money to stay afloat (yes so was Lego Star Wars but they had licensing fees to deal with).

Mad Max:Road Warrior? Did better than the first.

Why wouldn't he be in endgame

I liked it way more than Lego Movie 2

Is Sky High good? I just remember it being some dtv movie

Fucking this. Fuck anyone who says not throwing money at people insulting masculinity, makes you fragile.

Attached: 1489109964356.png (302x237, 4K)

I watched the movie a couple of times and the credits song with pic related still gets me

Attached: it still hurts.png (1068x635, 782K)

because I'm a white adult male and the movie made it clear it didn't want me to watch it, it just wanted to demean and make fun of me

then maybe they should have included that part in the trailer

thats captain marvel foolboo

Cry more :^)

DUN DUN DUN

DEN DEN DEN

DUN DUN DUN

DENE NE NE NEEEEE

UNBELIEVABLE SUPER COOL OUTRAGOUS AND AMAZING

PHENOMENAL FANTASTIC SO INCREDIBLE

Goddamn that fucking song is stuck in my head

She mentioned that but when we walked in Mayhem was already past her entrance
No, we just took too long to get in

But, I did. I think winter vortex might be the reason.

>winter vortex
the fuck is this

how would you know if you didn’t see it?

>it's not even out in my country for another 1.5 months

Do I live in a shithole country?

Thats not true, watch the movie.
ignore the ONE LINE in the first trailer about a male supposedly getting credit. literally none of the movie is like that aside from it

I admit i was wary of feminist bullshit from the first trailer but anyone who has actually WATCHED the movie that still believes that is retarded.

theres nothing anti male about the movie

Go buy a ticket and see the movie.

Attached: 0fd88ee0-7c38-4d07-b455-bd83a2161400.png (1280x914, 979K)

I liked it. It might not have been like the first one but it was a fun ride. And the songs are good.

Now time to buy the toys.

Attached: 1393553389934.gif (250x250, 468K)

Is this even out yet?

No. You will know when its out.

ye

Im gunna make sure no one watches this movie just to spite you. Gunna shut down the whole theater for cleaning.

It bombed because it became a horrid, derivative waifu bait.

Rex wasn't THAT bad

the true ending

shame the album version doesn't have that verse about actors sometimes being forced to work 4 hours a day, was laughing so hard at that

>and so it ends for batman the way it began
>in darkness

Because he caused the universe to be snapped to begin with

Ninjago fan here, sorry pal, hopefully one day you guys get your due.

>seeing shit movies just because

I have the AMC subscription so I see plenty of shit movies just because. This one was not shit. Story was a bit less interesting than last time, and a lot of the live action stuff was unnecessary. But the visuals were fantastic, I liked the musical numbers though it could have used more of them, and its got some cute girls in it.

Not terribly special but calling it a shit movie is just wrong, its got plenty going for it.

>So did Dr. Strange by giving Tony the time stone
>So did Tony Stark for not winning against Thanos
>So did Gamora for not successfully tricking Thanos
>So did Loki for not being able to backstab Thanos in a clever manner
>So did Thor by not cutting off the hand or neck and making sure to stare in his eyes as he died
>So did Hulk by refusing to come out and fight Thanos again
I fail to see your point.

>by saving Tony by giving
my bad

It's got nothing going for it. It's a movie based on legos.

and lets just add in the fact that all the superheroes spent the previous movies using asspulls to kill anyone powerful enough to stop thanos

I don't understand this argument, that's on the same level as saying "why would I take that movie seriously, its a cartoon".

It's bait user....

All cartoon movies are kids stuff and therefor not meant to be taken seriously.

ok, why

You know those huge, repetitive cold snaps we've been getting in recent winters? That's masses of arctic air breaking out of the "containment zone" established by the arctic jetstream. With climate change weakening the jetstream, polar vortexes are becoming more frequent.

you ever see these things get that much attention from anybody? Name one Yea Forums movie that got an award recently. Or hell even broke 100 mil box.
All they have to do is just send these movies out to try and bait kids into getting their parents to waste money on them so they can shut up for an hour or two.

I'm an adult, I watched cartoons as a kid. Anyone can draw a stupid cartoon, not everyone can become an actor.

It's been out for two weeks now.

>Anyone can draw a stupid cartoon
can you?

>Name one Yea Forums movie that got an award recently
ask me again on Sunday

Does this just mean that it's getting colder more frequently?

It means it's getting colder in places it shouldn't be.

Yes, I even drew them as a child.

not well enough to get your own movie though, dang

yeah cause we all know unless you can get a overblown budget it's impossible to make a cartoon movie

Cope. Live-Action has and always will be superior to some kid's animation. Why would an adult pay money to see a cartoon when she can just watch it on the TV? It's just kids stuff, its not like it could be good.

Give me ideas for a cartoon movie

Why does the medium matter? It's the script and acting that tell the story. Is Waltz With Bashir a kids movie?

I don't watch anime

ok first we need lotsa colors kids dig colorful shit to make their simple minds at ease
so lets also take a recognizable brand like bionicle in this case.
we make a colorful bionical movie it'll be shit but who cares

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus
i didn't want to want this.

>oh look at that kid watching Bambi. Just a silly little kids movie

its Israeli

How is it not just a silly little kids movie?
I watched it as a kid.

thanks for proving my point. bambi is just a movie about colorful cartoon animals doing cute things. kid's dig cute things

Eh I'll catch the 3rd one.
Promise

Attached: Legends of Chima fake attack bird lego.webm (720x405, 2.91M)

>everyone thought it was boys vs girls
>it's actually edgelords vs mentally healthy people

I saw that they included RBG and figured the writers were politicized so the movie would be shit.

rip in poop /gowg/

Attached: 1515044698909.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

It lives on with /hg/ now.

Cause I'm not a child?

@106062712
You've made this attempt several times already.

The weird thing is that RBG shows up and does nothing, like someone just thought "hey let's put her in the movie" for some reason

I know :^)

@106062771
Thanks for the (You). Now fuck off.

because it's the sister who's playing with lego and she's a woman supreme court justice

it's not that hard to figure out

who who the fuck gives a shit if she had a split second cameo

But then why not add Elena Kagan or Sonia Sotomayor?

>using @ instead of > so we can't see who he's replying to
i hate you

Literally the post right above . Also ctrl+F exists.

Frozen 2 sure isn't going to bomb with the amount of views the teaser trailer has
youtu.be/eSLe4HuKuK0

Don't forget to cum on it from time to time.

Do it for him.

Attached: One Love.png (1012x798, 171K)

Because WB dropped the ball of marketting. I have yet to see a single fucking poster around. not seen any real TV ads. Nothing that actually says it's out. Hell, the only poster in my entire town, outside of the cinema, for it just says "Coming Soon!"

so RBG is polticized but not Abraham lincoln?

That fucking Girly Boba Fett motherfucker gets my dick hard. Maybe it's her voice (Without the helmet) maybe it's her fuckhandle-pig-tails, maybe it's the innocent-as-fuck look on her face...

It’s actually related to the movement of the magnetic north pole, which is related to the metal in the core of the planet and has jack shit to do woth climate change man-made or otherwise.

I actually found myself liking Niggerjago. But maybe it was because I watched it on a plane. Plane movies have their own rules.

>mfw there are no original english version screenings where I live so I couldn't hear Charlie Day's voice
Still had fun though

Attached: 961812865.jpg (800x505, 42K)

this movie had a similar OW to Spiderverse. it will likely make some money

>forming singular by adding more letters
Is Danish even a real language?

youtube.com/watch?v=bToeXKu9W94

>web shorts was okay
>real golden kanohi was super awesome idea
>1st year and especially 2nd year action figures was well designed
>Vahi as plot device
>Legend of Mata Nui leaked as justification for the whole thing

Story was just shit and people who put those geniuses in charge.

Yes?

Lincoln is some major historical figure that mostly has cute stuff associated with him (at least for kids).

RBG is a highly politicized supreme court justice like primarily for putting her feelings before the law.

Kids when? For Lego Part 3? No, you know what would be hilarious? If the Lego movies die after this one and 10 years later they pull a Toy Story 3 and release the third one so their audience from then can relate to Emmet and lucy dealing with family issues

Attached: resize.jpg (936x526, 82K)

Are there sets selling? Saw a rumour boy sets were selling better

As a non american I just thought it was funny to see an american person known for something other than being an actor/singer/sportsman.
We don't know what she does, just that she has a serious daytime job, and I think that's also the case for the little kids that watch the movie, it's why it's a joke.

There are no americans known for being an actor/singer/sportsman. Americans just can't do these things.

It's a relief to see that everyone agrees the marketing was shit because I barely heard anything about the movie and thought it was coming out this summer. I liked it a lot, though. Definitely not as good as the first but they couldn't really pull off a twist like that twice. Hopefully this isn't the end of the franchise, I'd like to see another one.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I wasnt aware it was out. I stood and watched one of the ads playing on the tvs at the electronics section looking for a date but it just said "2019".

I dont watch tv, maybe it was more clearly communicated there. Noe that I know it came out I will go see it

Neither of them are one bad day away from croaking. Not to go full Alex Jones but the fact they made two movies about her back to back and seem to be pushing merchandise with her name on it (shirts, fucking action figures) to get her name out there for... well, this isn't /pol/, but suffice to say she's probably the only supreme court justice that your average joe is even remotely aware of. Except for Kavanaugh, of course.

Attached: Sweet Mayhem4.jpg (1242x1258, 224K)

Billion Brick Race could be Puss'nBoots of the franchise. a harmless spinoff.

I do not want Lego Batman 2 though, it doesnt feel right.

I would normally be into a character like this, but I remember Chris Chan being obsessed with those types of LEGOs to some degree, and that was my only exposure to the "LEGO Friends" line, or whatever they are called prior to this movie. As with such, I can't not think of Chris Chan when I see her.

>tfw you noticed the Hot tub the first time as a blink and you miss it

This was developed from the very beginning to be a 2 part movie and only a two part movie

The deal is that they will continue to make movies as different brands, Lego Batman proved it can work

*gulp noises*

Attached: Sweet Mayhem5.jpg (1242x732, 161K)

I prefer my legos without identity politics, thank you very much.

I kinda figured that taking a shot at the "Yaaaas Queen Slay!" trope wouldn't earn them much love from news sites and other media. Not with Captain Marvel being around the corner.

the movie actually flipped the trailer
and it was more about wildstyle learning to recognize emmets actual value and seeing how her shit was WRONG.

I don't usually want to financially incentivize sequels to things that I actually like.

Have you seen her voice actor?
youtube.com/watch?v=Cr8N3xwvonY

Attached: Sweet Mayhem3.png (1598x662, 1.74M)

Lego 3 being a bit Toy Story 3 wouldn't be bad.

Imagine the son giving up his Legos and the movie is Emmett and gang going through a multiverse of Lego and toy stuffs (and cameo ignoring Bionicle stuff for a laugh).
And it reveals we all have to grow up at some point but those moments of childhood made the IRL kid the young man he is today and stuff so it's a bittersweet end like TS3.

I don't get it, Yea Forums, how could a lego ninja movie be so bad?

Hm. Don't like that. Gonna pretend I didn't see it and keep thinking about cute lego girls instead.

Attached: 39894876_403516370181891_5324597057091010560_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1001K)

I look into those eyes and feel only shame for lusting after something so innocent, something that, by all accounts, shoulder probably not illicit any sexual urges whatsoever.
But then you had to go and say "fuck handle pigtails" and fill my head with sin.

Attached: 96dd483d-1781-4dbd-bce0-fac16ddc34aa.png (644x508, 213K)

>the marketing was shit
related to that, did the slogan fuck it up in your country? Because the pun of "they come in pieces" doesn't translate well.
Here we just had They come in peace in Spanish

>kids when
I don't feel like Lucy is the type
Even if Emmet only has sex in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation

I'm American, so the "they come in pieces" seemed clever enough to me. The main problem was I just didn't see anything for it except for the poster at the movie theatre near where I work. Now, I don't watch a lot of television or use a lot of social media, so maybe it was advertised better there. Or maybe since we're living in an age where Star Wars and Minions are plastered on every fucking surface they can possibly manage, I'm just accustomed to shit being shoved in my face at every possible turn and anything that isn't seems like it's not doing enough marketing in comparison.
I don't know. I just know that when I told my friends we should see it they weren't even aware it was out.

Man, honestly, this whole movie was just about that Lucy is a shit person. Which honestly speaking is a huge subversion of the typical strong female character so prevalent in modern media. Like seriously, you could put Wreck it Ralph 2 just before this movie and see the high contrast between the two.
>Just because you use girl power, it doesn't mean you are right.
And no, the movie isn't misogynistic at all, which is all the more impressive.

he's probably hung like a lego horse, man can channel enough anger to break a planet.

Unikitty movie when?

Attached: 20190221_113448.jpg (539x959, 152K)

Is this a good movie or should I just wait for it to come out on stream? I'd rather spend my money on HTTYD3

hopefully never. this kind of character is only good in small doses

it's much better than HTTYD3

Well the singular existed first, so it's rather forming the plural by taking away letters

>Zootopia 2 could possibly be awful

please no

Attached: judy193.png (351x603, 273K)

Kung Fu Panda 2 is by far the best of the three movies.

Pic related.

Attached: 5514931.png (500x460, 79K)

Are you sure?

how come, disney movies are excellent, just look at Ralph Breaks the Internet and the upcoming Fro2en movie!

She already got her own TV show and it's fucking awful. Her character really only works as a side-character comic relief, not as the main focus.

The main characters will be Pandas, and Judy will be in an explicit relationship with Nick. Instead of Shakira, it'll be with Trevor Scott to cash in on his superbowl fame.

youtube.com/watch?v=_lqesLb_tfc

prequel about shock collars sounds more interesting

Attached: 45768787009.gif (272x203, 247K)

prequel about any other city with different main characters is more interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=k-T4MFrfCSk

During the credits, my friend said, "So, the takeaway is women don't know what they actually want, so when they tell you how to act, be the exact opposite way."
The more I thought about, the more I realized he wasn't wrong.

It's basically spelled out during the opening scene when she tells Emmet he should mature like her and then Emmet says 'weren't you always like that?'

Not him, but Lego Movie 2 is a movie that becomes better the more you think about it.

They don't know what they want, cannot necessarily communicate properly, and if left unchecked can wreck shit. If you ask me that's pretty redpilled.

>They don't know what they want, cannot necessarily communicate properly, and if left unchecked can wreck shit.
LIterally none of this is in the movie you misogynistic pig.

Didn't Billion Brick Race get cancelled? Honestly I hope it didn't though, because a crazy pseudo-revival of Lego Racers would be fantastic to see as a movie.

that's retarded senpai.

is that a LIFE SIZED UNIKITTY?
LADS, GET THE VAN. IT'S HEIST TIME.
flanderized low effort shit shat out for profits. movie puts her noticably deeper although the character is still inherently limited to better as a side character or small doses for sure.

Attached: 1371865133825.png (652x652, 530K)

why does this feel like a horror movie where unikitty comes to life and murders her until one minute in

I don't think that would work because the first Toy Story movie didn't feature Andy's dad as a toy collector. Lego is broadly accepted as an all ages thing nowadays. If you're too old for "toys" you just buy expensive and elaborate "model kits."

Rex did nothing wrong

This user is correct

There's a second one?

Doom Slayer is a decent game.

I want a trilogy.
Or at least more Lego movies about different characters/themes/stories. It doesn't have to be Batman again.

Attached: 1537665369332.jpg (1343x2000, 1.01M)

>Lego Looney Tunes

Yikes.

Why would you not like that?

Okay, but what? Lego Star wars? I wasn't really a fan of the Yoda chronicles 2bh.

>Lego Star wars
>Star Wars
Please no.

I can't see the boy caring all that much about his story resulting in kids, but his sister would definitely want it after a big over the top wedding. Although, she probably doesn't know much about sex so she'd probably have have some story about a mail service that delivers babies

Most films in the Top 10 box office are sequels are you retarded?

Lego Racers

I have an idea!
Make a movie about _____________________Lego Island_____________________

This.

Attached: 1546535719513.jpg (720x720, 24K)

It's negative for critics, but really positive for regular people.

>it's another
>critics: its anime, so why bother
>regular people: I love this. Alita is a cute.

How long of a serialization?

WHERE IS THE MAYHEM ART

why do all products and promo material call her Sweet Mayhem when every single time the movie calls her General Mayhem?

did they even call her Sweet in the movie?

Sweet Mayhem is her ship.

not the first animated movie to get fucked by "Critics" like this if true. heard one of them literally sends their child in instead.

Protip: generals have first names

Because Yea Forums hates everything, especially anything involving women, and unironically agree with Rex's

philosophy.

niggar opinion fem.

What was his philosophy

No? tons of merch calls her specifically Sweet Mayhem

Well yeah, I know that, but why does the movie only call her General and never use her name, while all the merch uses her name but never general like the movie.

Its kind of odd isnt it?

not really.

A lack of consistency in marketing a product.

im thinking maybe at some point her name/title was changed and it was too late for one half to fix.

Like, theres toys out there based on concept art and not what the final look in the movie was.

Like the antman marvel legend and the lego minifig of him.

also force unleashed got "toys based on concept art while the final product looks different" REAL bad

>why does the movie only call her Elastigirl and never use Ms. Incredible, while all the merch uses Ms. Incredible but never Elastigirl like the movie.

I think thats more because she sorta stopped being Elastigril and became "ms incredible" as part of an ensemble team.

Its always felt like being Elastigirl was her past.

I dont think thats directly comparable

It is comparable, they can't use the name in merch because of DC so they're limited to only using it in the film.

so you're saying both are licensing issues?

I mean, General Mayhem is the name of a car apparently

>both are licensing issues
yes

>Finn is a dweeb who still plays with toys at 14

Attached: 1471214809064.png (657x600, 23K)

>everyone saying there was no marketing
I heard an ad for it on the radio where they played this song's gonna get stuck in your head

Ok, thanks. i actually hadnt thought to google if general mayhem was used for something else til you mentioned it and thats when i found out about the car.

Still an odd name though, Sweet

puppycorn is cute though

who the fuck who cares about it is going to hear about it on the radio?

Attached: 1542589965060.jpg (500x430, 37K)

it is

Don't give me that shit user

Magic Mike XXL
Godfather Pt. II
Toy Story 2 & 3
M:I Ghost Protocol
Spider-Man 2
Hellboy 2
Before Midnight & Sunset
Evil Dead 2
Batman Returns
Gremlins 2
Winter Soldier
X-Men 2

Only Toy Story can have good or better sequels in animated film.

>go to movie with expectation that this will be the breakup of Emmet and Lucy
>believe that Rex was his long-lost unmentioned brother who will cuck Emmet out of a relationship and it will end with him conceding as he lets them be free in space
>watch movie
>turns out that Rex was Emmet from the future
>the events of the movie have pushed Lucy and Emmet's relationship to its limits, but ended up strengthening it by the end

I was satisfied.

Attached: IMG_5330.jpg (294x360, 29K)

Explain TS4

Attached: disney.gif (501x585, 11K)

Why is art of her so slow to come?

Attached: 142323525.png (250x250, 52K)

She wasn't in the trailers, and nobody has seen the movie yet.

Maybe if they'd done a Peni Parker, that would have cause a spike in the movie sales

Maybe until TS4. But TS4 is still not released so it's difficult to judge.

I worked on the movie, she was sweet mayhem the entire time through production, the only thing that got renamed was her ship but I don't think they ever stated it's name in the movie.

>Someone who worked on the movie shows up
>When thread is autosaging

Nonetheless. Thank you. It's a good movie regardless of box office, we wish more fun* projects like these.

*Assuming you had fun working on it.