When FOX wanted to make a sequel to the classic film "Aliens"...

When FOX wanted to make a sequel to the classic film "Aliens", they contacted William Gibson (the [debatable] creator of cyberpunk) and asked him to write a screenplay for what would be titled "Alien 3".

The script Gibson turned in was rejected (as were others by other writers, including most famously one about an artificial planet made of wood) and we got the shit pile that was Alien 3 instead.

Gibson's screenplay say unused for decades. Until Dark Horse Comics put together a creative team (which does NOT include Gibson himself, btw) to adapt it into a comic book miniseries.

This is the final part of that miniseries. It actually came out last week, but nobody storytimed it yet.

WILLIAM GIBSON'S ALIEN 3 #4

STORYTIME

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-000.jpg (1987x3056, 751K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Aliens-Labyrinth
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Judge-Dredd-Vs-Aliens-Incubus/Issue-1?id=86124
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-002.jpg (1987x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-003.jpg (1987x3056, 1.22M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-004.jpg (1987x3056, 1.39M)

yea Im reading
post faster

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-005.jpg (1987x3056, 1.44M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-006.jpg (1987x3056, 1.5M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-007.jpg (1987x3056, 1.02M)

>people who defend this weren't okay with the super-facehugger

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-008.jpg (1987x3056, 1.28M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-009.jpg (1987x3056, 1.17M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-010.jpg (1987x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-011.jpg (1987x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-012.jpg (1987x3056, 1.39M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-013.jpg (1987x3056, 1.35M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-014.jpg (1987x3056, 1.06M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-015.jpg (1987x3056, 1.48M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-017.jpg (1987x3056, 1.2M)

Sorry about the delay for that last page. It took 4 minutes to get repatcha to work.

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-018.jpg (1987x3056, 1.29M)

>repatcha

You get what I meant.

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-019.jpg (1987x3056, 1.31M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-020.jpg (1987x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.26M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-022.jpg (1987x3056, 1.68M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-023.jpg (1987x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-024.jpg (1987x3056, 661K)

And that's that.

Download links are in the Win-O' Thread.

Attached: William Gibson's Alien 3 004-025.jpg (1987x3056, 541K)

thanks OP

Wait, they're extending this? How many issues is it supposed to be now?

You're a good guy, Bishop.

Oh
my
God...

They should just make this movie so I can see this scene in live action.

See you in part 4, Rip.

Which, ya know, was never written.

How well is this selling? It must have been a bigger hit than they expected if they're extending it past the originally solicited 4 issues.

nice

Oh boy. It's bad.
Though the part in the botanical garden was almost okay, but this just makes me say:
- although I love the idea of adapting unproduced screenplays, they mostly end up being trash (like this one and The Star Wars etc)
- this would not have made a good movie
- this could have possibly been a passable novel, but based on this adaptation it's the type of fanfiction where the writer is not even a fan of the main IP
- the covers are pretty dope, but the artist has a lot of trouble making it clear who the players are and which scene plays where / which ship

are we Resident Evil now?

honestly fuck the xenomorphs.
the original idea of making a sequel to aliens that is all about the space jockey was great. Gigers original design for them and their technology was great and the idea of them being the creators of humanity that one day just left and now once us death sounds terrifying. Meeting "God" only to find out that he considered us his biggest mistake honestly sounds like one the best horror concepts ever.
But riddly had to fuck it all up by turning Prometheus into just another boring xenomorph movie where the xenomorph is only in it for about 4 seconds and he fucked by changing gigers design and not having giger around for new visuals.

all that tumblr art is really undermining the horror moments

Attached: poppins.gif (177x205, 1.52M)

>continued
so what is it now? is there more or not?

In all honesty, I'm having immense trouble following this. I'm also pretty disappointed Ripley, Newt and Hicks aren't really playing any part. Ripley didn't even regain consciousness! And Hicks, who should be going "For fuck's sake, there are FUCKING ALIENS that need to be PURGED WITH FIRE" is just sitting around doing nothing.

The middle part of that issue felt really rushed. Like they didn't know what to do between two action scenes, so they just made a weird montage.

>although I love the idea of adapting unproduced screenplays
I am strongly for this also.

Besides adapting unmade scripts, I would like comic/graphic novel sequels to discontinued series & continuities.

> Superman Flyby
> Superman Lives
> Sequel to the Burton Batman movies like pic related pitch.
> Halloween 6 sequel showing the cult & Myers continuing to go after Jamie's baby.
> Halloween H20 sequel showing Myers going after Laurie's son again.
> 3rd Rob Zombie Halloween film.
> Halloween Returns script adapted.
> Rami Spider Man 4
> Amazing Spider-Man 3
> Adapt some of the many unmade Godzilla movies from over the years.
> New stories set in the Godzilla98/Godzilla Tas universe.
> Sequel to Dracula Untold.

Attached: 1457483581705.jpg (1264x1920, 634K)

I like the Alien films, so I thought I'd check out this thread.
This is dumb and where I stopped reading.
Like, why and how the fuck is this lady John Carpenter-ing into a xenomorph? Since when has that been a thing.

It was solicited as a 4 issue miniseries. Now they're suddenly saying this is 5 issues? What the fuck?!

Thanks OP, I was wondering what happened to this comic.
The story is... strange, I can see why this was rejected, is not like the prision one was better, but feels like a mess, and even when I love the body horror, it happens too damn fast.

> Del Toro's Hellboy 3 & Hellboy Animated stories
> Phantasm - all the planned weird crossovers
> some of the unproduced X-files episodes

She got exposed to a culture sample earlier, and in this the xeno biomass turns all DNA into xeno DNA. It's a silly thing to add onto their established lifecycle, I agree.

Those all sound like shit.

I read the script of Kill Bill long ago and they changed a lot of things that I wish they didn't. Like Gogo having a twin who was absent for the fight and goes revenge crazy and stabs a man at the bar before tracking Beatrix to america. There's also a big scene with Bill going to a private poker match in one of his past assassinations. Plus lots of mentions of Bill's past hobbies, like a blue powdered drug Gogo's twin takes. Would be need to see that stuff brought back somehow.

The weirdest thing about this story is that it's straight horror. There's basically no action. I'd assume the studio wanted an action movie after Aliens, which is understandable.

Gibson clearly had NO desire to use the pre-existing characters.

To be safe, should probably triple tap that Thing.

It's more of just a straight down the line sci-fi story, which I suppose isn't surprising given who wrote it. The first was essentially a horror film, the second was an action movie, and this would have been a pure(r) sci-fi flick.

I’ll bump in spite of this story likely being uneventful and nothing going wrong.

>we got the shit pile that was Alien 3 instead
>instead of the one about the artificial planet made of wood or this disjointed mess of a comic
I mean, I'll be the first to admit Alien 3 is crap, but let's not pretend that it makes other crap ideas any less crappy.

No problem.

This is unquestionably less bad than Alien 3.

Holy shit this is awful. It's hard to tell what is happening and everything is crazy rushed. Also all the characters have that forgetful braindead syndrome?

No problem.

What planet you live on mate for real?

wow. So Gibson actually wrote both Alien 4 (human xeno hybrids) and prometheus (black goo transforms people into xenos) as an alien 3 script?

WOW. one script so full of ideas they split it up into multiple films.

the real problem is that this comic did the black goo but it came out as a ripoff of the THING in space.

also yeah the pages are fucking awful. whats going on? who nuked who? how many different ships are we following? is this all one ship? who are the characters? just write the names on their crew shirts already.

too bad though. the 80s/90s ALIEN / AVP comics are untouchable. this comic doesnt come close to the writing of those earlier dark horse presents.

i dont understand why does the black lady punch the white lady and then she transforms? block punch cronenberg xenomorph? what? why would you do that much action in a single page? then have 4 pages of _exposition_ dialog as you say what is happening on the page LOL.

"and now we are sitting at a computer jettisoning the escape pod with ripley in it. godspeed."

the comic industry is dead.
3/10 shoulda had someone with brains make this into a comic.

It's not that bad. The pacing IS rushed though, I'll give you that.

if i were doing a transformation scene fo a person into a xeno it would be long and painful.

person would first start screaming until he vomitted up his lungs and internal organs with a look of confusion on his face.

next his skin would bleed and smoke off as the molecular acid burned it , revealing the black exoskeleton underneath.

the half-man half-xeno would then cock his neck back with mouth agape until his skull would begin to deform and his eyes drip out.

his spine cracking until the exhaust ports form fully.

the creature would then examine its appendeges and the freshly expelled pile of organs before crawling up a wall to find a safe space to finish.

the crew would later find piles of human organs and be curious about them.

but this comic? naw just a few shrieks and then a matrix spinning xeno pops out of some skin and starts biting people.

wheres the thrill? wheres the dread? its just aieee jump scare? really?

thanks for the look op

but i gotta say - altho some of the development towards the end looks ok, none of this is excellent, or even good; it's all kind of ordinary and lame, it's expectable

so, no. glad it wasn't picked up

What a fucking wild ride that was.

Saving this for the next time I need to know what it's like to trip acid with Gibson in a hotel room with the alien series on repeat

Attached: 2017-03-23.jpg (735x960, 128K)

>less bad than Alien 3
Talking about damning with faint praise.

Second panel is exploitable

Dumb, sexy bitch.

What’s an alien comic you guys would recommend with these two perimeters

1-I don’t give a fuck about predator

2- I strongly prefer “alien” over “aliens”

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Aliens-Labyrinth

Gotchu senpai

Well, maybe not on point 2, but i'm not letting this captcha go to waste.

Is it just me or are xenomorphs just not that scary anymore? It was a great and freaky concept but when every movie and book pulls the same shit over and over it loses that impact. I like that this book tried to do something new but it just went right back to the same old same old almost immediately. I still like the design I just wish they would actually be experimental with it

They tried that with alien resurrection it was very poorly received with fans and the general public.

I kinda liked it tho

Resurrection was shit because it was corny as fuck and had matrix crap. Stuff like the Human hybrid might have been good if it was handled properly.

I thought it was alright. The cheese factor was pretty great
But like I said they really didn't do much to change the formula besides giving Ripley super edge powers that didn't really even matter. The hybrid might have been interesting but it was barely on screen. Prometheus came the closest but just fell apart into a mess of a dozen half baked ideas plugged into a single script

When I say great I mean its the kind of thing you can put on at 10:00 and have some dumb fun which in my opinion puts it waaay above 3

The Alien 3 Runner/Assembly cut is great.

Attached: 1548751702572.png (1320x900, 547K)

Agreed, though I prefer the Alien coming out of a dog instead of an ox. Fits is physiology better.

Is the district 9 guy still doing an alien movie? The dude has his flaws but he can at least do a satisfyingly horrific alien transformation.

cant wait to see how shit this is
alien 3 was fine and only action oriented drones who wanted to turn the movie into starship troopers disagree

The origin of Fiefield in "Prometheus".

boys we're reaching levels of pleb that shouldn't even be possible. watch Alien again and say to yourself that "dumb fun" is fitting for these movies.
i just want the dignity and quality of my scifi horror kino restored.

same. alien coming out of a dead ox in a slaughterhouse on a space prison sounds like writer wankery trying to make "allegories"
this franchise already has too many pseuds making terrible film student tier content for it

Can someone tell me why characters in this sort of story always split up and/or wander off alone after it becomes clear that there are murderous hell monsters on the loose?

I didn't say it was good alien movie. Its a decent cheesy sci-fi flick but out of place in the franchise. I thought 3 was okay as well it was just way more forgettable and equally unable to capture the feeling and atmosphere of the first one.

3 would have been a better movie if they had taken out the alien altogether and just made it a bleak drama about doomed prisoners trying to eke out an existence on an abandoned planet

Good stuff

Or how come dispite knowing of these creatures for decades now they still haven't developed a way to effectively contain or combat them even though they desperately keep trying to capture and study them.

It's got pacing typical of anime, of course it's awful.

Yo.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Judge-Dredd-Vs-Aliens-Incubus/Issue-1?id=86124

Attached: Incubus.jpg (1072x1600, 406K)

>i dont understand why does the black lady punch the white lady and then she transforms?

Probably some technobabble about adrenaline.

>reddit space
>prometheus
Dear reddit guys, In the original Alien script by O´Bannon had people turning into xenos and xeno hybrids. Prometheus is nothing more than a movie bases on unused and rejected ideas

I'm not a fan of the 'black goo' and human origins route they took with the canon. Aliens were plenty scary as insectoid predators that can circumvent humans and their technology.

It made sense that they were engineered weapons for clearing a planet of all inhabitance but they were still alien. The human race wasn't the center of the universe back then.

music of the spears
genocide
labyrinth
Dead orbit
Nightmare asylum

Attached: 7d414941bfbdb154c019d94d97098889.jpg (478x720, 60K)

fincher's alien 3 is great and should never be retconned but i do like the art in this

Stronghold.

Attached: Jeri.jpg (508x623, 42K)

Thanks user! Ive been looking everywhere for this

Damn aestheticly pleasing murder machines

If they had just stuck with one or two ideas it might have actually worked

I thought the unused Alien 3 script had one point where the station had a zoo or something and there were xenomorph monkeys swarming around

And those ideas were dropped for a reason.

>I don’t give a fuck about predator

good man

Attached: bald albino gonna break ya.jpg (547x435, 140K)

i remember this. its actually pretty damn good

black goo is ok if they made it lovecraftian xeno juice but now ridley says its just AI G virus.

>Del taco

This. The original alien script had too much ideas and they dropped the ones that distracted too much about the core of the story or because of budget. There is a part about a big head they bring into the Nostromo or the egg silo which was reused on prometheus the goo silo, even the idea of an alien picture was reused.

Damn all those old adds, the nostalgias hitting hard

Bold move if this was the movie script.

>we got the shit pile that was Alien 3 instead.
Based Alien 3 shitting on Aliensfags

>artificial planet made of wood

Attached: wat.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

Too bad Dark Horse didn't get around to the other first draft Star Wars films.

So alien dna or whatever it is can basically function as a zombie virus?

whoa, whoa, whoa, Jim Woodring wrote this? As in Frank woodring?

I come back to see so many people confused. How many people just never picked up on the Commies all wearing green, and the WYT guys mostly all wearing white? For those who couldn't tell, the Commies got infected way harder, a complete bloodbath that ended with having to nuke the station. The WYT guys only have two to deal with, I think. The one blondie turned into, and the one that stowed aboard when they took the cooler grid from the Sulaco (seen last issue).

Maybe the horrid theatrical cut. The assembly cut is pretty good actually.

I initially thought this comic was going to be about the wood planet script, and was pretty disappointed when I realized my mistake.

>Is it just me or are xenomorphs just not that scary anymore?

The issue is more that they aren't as effective as a boogieman character and people always have guns now in stories, so it's more action oriented than horror. The issue with comic is that xenomorphs are mostly just "oh, and now they kill someone" which shows that Gibson didn't really give a shit outside of doing the human hybrid angle.

It could have been a lot worse. We could have had a planet made entirely out of wood. Or a xenomorph with human lips who kills monks with kisses.

Fuck, the Alien 3 we got was the best we could have hoped for given all these circumstances. The only way Fincher's Alien 3 could have been better was if Ripley and Bishop got stranded on Fury 161 while Hicks and Newt reached Earth safely.

It's also populated by monks who worship a xenomorph with lips. The xeno would kiss them and kill any it sensed as unworthy or some shit.

Weird, don't know how I think about this.

fuck you, ANYTHING is better than Fincher's Alien 3, even Alien Resurrection.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Gibson clearly wanted to write a sci-fi story in outer space and had no interest in the Alien IP.

K bamp

What do alien queens eat?

Aren't the aliens silicone based life forms? I don't think they have to eat at all.

Anythings stops being scary if you overuse it. Freddy Krueger was terrifying when Nightmare on Elm Street came out, the idea that something as simple as falling asleep could kill you, but by the time he was making power glove jokes in the zillionth sequel he'd stopped being scary. Same shit with the xenomorphs - they've been used in so many shitty movies and shitty crossovers that they've lost their edge.

I remember the cut out reason for all the piping on the original drone was because it was eating parts of the ship. Pretty cool concept that goes with it's bio-mechanical look.

Attached: W1XBTCl[1].png (908x1400, 2.2M)

I didn't realize there WERE more unused drafts.

Did Gibson ever publish his story about a timeline were Hillary won the election? Hahahahaha

>horror movie adaptation
>Everythings bright as fuck with pastel colours

Literally how fucking retarded do you have to be to botch lighting/atmosphere/tone. The most vital aspects of horror

>Things have to be grimdark to be scary

Fucking MEH

Show me anything that's scary that's got vibrant pastel colours. Oh. You can't.

Just admit the whole colour scheme/lighting of the comic is utter trash

please tell me this isn't a real thing