Completely unpredictable sport

>completely unpredictable sport
>every single division champion gets knocked out in the first round
See, this is why this is unpopular. People want to see dominant champions, not lucky shitters. It also makes me feel insecure. The league could learn a thing or two with the NBA.

Attached: i.png (500x500, 53K)

this but unironically

By this retarded logic, lets just have the top two teams face each other in a best of 23 instead.
Parity makes this the most exciting sport. Basketball is the most boring sport.

>sport

The only lucky team was SJ. Every other team out played their opponent.

>bro lets watch the same thing every time
comic book films seem more your speed

>Everyone actually into hockey is freaking out about what an absolute clusterfuck meme playoffs it is this year and how out of sorts it is
>"See isn't hockey just random and luck"

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

>Favela monkey thinking winning a division is a massive deal

Attached: 1546641304175.jpg (327x316, 26K)

>That flag
Hockey is too expensive to play for you, you wouldn't understand.

>Parity
more like Cointossity lmao

Okay, so what's the point of even having a regular season when teams can get randomly knocked out by eight seeds?

>Favela monkey
That would be your dad, that faggot queer, you bitch

I have more money and have a higher IQ than you, have sex incel.

This isn't the norm. Everybody recognizes that the playoffs this year are completely whack. I don't look at Klaus hatefucking you 7-1 and say "See, Brazil clearly isn't a soccer nation", because its an outlier

>incel
oh you were doing so good but you threw the win away there

>Okay, so what's the point of even having a regular season when teams can get randomly knocked out by eight seeds?

To eliminate the other 15 (soon to be 16) teams and determine the bracket. Do you think a team like Buffalo or Detroit would stand a chance against any of the division winners?

>He doesn't know hockey players get all the best pussy

This is true

>That would be your dad, that faggot queer, you bitch

Attached: keanu.jpg (393x474, 52K)

This board is a thing because of a lucky shitter

These playoffs were largely a result of stylistic matchups. For example teams populated by high skilled twinks like Tampa, Calgary, Toronto were able to coast into the postseason without playing a meaninful game for the previous two months, and got matched up against gritty, physical teams that play a shutdown style against them and were fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot and were essentially already in game 7 mode.

Let’s be honest fellas. If you swapped whatever eastern conference team makes it to the finals this year with Ottawa or Buffalo, they will have the same chances at winning that the actual Eastern conference champion will have. Any team can win in luckpuck

I doubt the >rags this season could win a series

the first round of the apehoop playoffs is maybe the most pointless exercise in sports

Playoff hockey is a lot like playoff baseball. You get a hot goalie/two starting pitchers and a few bounces and you can beat anybody. It is great.

>itt: 12 year old American learns to troll Canada with the help of a vpn

It's not the norm, but the nature of hockey means that luck plays a bigger role than most other team sports.

I think that's part of its charm, but it is a real phenomenon.

sorry guys, I created this thread by impulse, I don't even know what I'm doing, sorry for wasting your time and making the board worse. and yes, i'm a retarded neet incel. i'm going to bed now, bye.

Attached: todayshitposter.jpg (1270x1800, 1.06M)

*uncorks*

the Oilers...the Islanders...Gretzky..no Europeans

*pours*

the '80s, the golden age of hockey

>Eurotrash hockey

>no Europeans
Do you know who Jari Kurri is?

OP, actually makes a good point. Thanks to "dynasties" players and teams become extremely marketable because they are constantly getting talked about for an extended period of time so it makes it easier for people to follow the "good" teams and players. In Hockey, since luck has a lot to do with it, every year you have new champs and new superstars, it makes it difficult to follow the sport since it's everywhere. I literally can't name a single active NHL player right now. But I can name LeBron, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Westbrook, James Harden, etc. because they have been good for so long and they are rewarded for it by constantly going deep into the playoffs or making a bunch of finals appearances..

Attached: 1555370705633.png (657x527, 19K)

>every single division champion gets knocked out in the first round
THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE ROUND
WIN THE GAMES, ADVANCE

DON'T BLAME THE FUCKING LEAGUE BECAUSE >YOUR TEAM SUCKS THIS YEAR

The luck meme is pretty ridiculous. The last decade of cups have been won by the same 5 teams, and you can find similar results throughout the eras. Maybe that seems like a lot when the NBA is 'Warriorswinlol' and the NFL is 'Patriotswinlol', but its not like every champion simply memes their way to the top. Hockey is a lot more fast paced and chaotic than other sports, yes, but chalking it up to luck is silly. The best teams are the ones who are able to consistently capitalize/not fuck up on their opportunities when they get them. This is compounded by the fact that since hockey is typically a relatively low scoring affair, a single fuck up like some idiot fanning on a shot or bobbling the puck can often completely change the score of the game.

The reason you can't name a single active hockey player is because

>1. The NHL is absolutely shit tier in terms of marketing, and almost always opts for pushing their teams over their stars

>2. You're not interested in hockey. Simple as that.

I don't care about soccer, and its the biggest sport on the planet yet I had literally never heard of Messi or Ronaldo until I came to Yea Forums and saw them memed the fuck out of, because aside from MLelS soccer has almost no exposure here and I don't care to look.

>I don't care about soccer, and its the biggest sport on the planet yet I had literally never heard of Messi or Ronaldo until I came to Yea Forums and saw them memed the fuck out of, because aside from MLelS soccer has almost no exposure here and I don't care to look.

I don't follow soccer at all either but even i have heard of at least David Beckham.

Yeah I had too, but thats was basically when he was a meme celebrity.

I love NHL parity and unpredictabilty. In KHL we have two oligarch teams feeding on the league similar to soccer superclubs. Every year they syphon the top talent out of all other teams. They should dominate like Bayern or PSG or Juve but thankfully hockey is by design superior to soccer and they can't win every year. When they do literally nobody is excited, even their fans.

Watch KHL instead, 2 richest teams played against each other in semi-finals 4 times in past 5 years and won 3 titles between them

Attached: 15538564082250.png (680x680, 163K)

What are the most popular NHL teams in Russia?

It’s unpopular because so much of the game is the puck squirting around and people chopping at it. Every other sport people catch and pass the ball efficiently and with hockey it’s a surprise to see a series of well executed passes. 60% of hockey is crashing and taking at the puck wildly.
Not to mention hockey suffers from the women’s sport problem which is that only a select clique of people actually play it. It’s not really a phenomenon, at least in the usa, that baseball, basketball or football are. As a result its pool of athletes is significantly lower than the other major sports.
I liked fighting a lot when I was young but it’s kind of stupid and detracts from the game. Fighting is cool when you’re out playing rough pickup games, but it detracts from the higher skill level games.
Hockey is a loser sport for autistic douchebags

Attached: 97268BCE-2D41-4FCF-8809-60665786BB32.jpg (720x642, 173K)

Dunno, 20 years ago it was definitely Detroit because of Russian five, now it's hard to tell, also contrary to popular belief Russians don't care that much for hockey, it got like 1/10 of football's popularity

Washington, Pittsburg, Tampa. In this order.
Also Detroit, especially among boomers.

>loser sport for autistic douchebags
that would be futbol

>there can only be one

I completely understand how people would find hockey difficult to get into but if any sport is for autists it’s baseball

>it’s not really a phenomenon, at least in the usa
whenever I read americans opinions on hockey I'm thankful for that.

Based Brazilian. I been telling the people here for years about how shitty luckpuck is, since it's all fuckin luck even proven by science.

Only reason this "sport" be somewhat supported is cause white people think it symbolizes whiteness or some shit. Funny thing is there more "chimpouts" in that sport than any other with a bunch of toothless monkey looking Slavs and bumfuck Canadians giving each other brain damage.

Why the NHL can't draw like the GOATBA

Attached: luck-vs-skill-where-hockey-football-baseball-soccer-and-basketball-fall-on-the-spectrum-640x640.jpg (640x640, 37K)

>I'm not a fan of this sport, but it should be more like something else

i watch the nba far more than any other league and i wish it was half as unpredictable as the nhl, FOH

Only way you do that is by making the playoffs 1 game winner takes all series. That would actually be kinda fucking nuts.

Too many white dudes and russians in hockey why would I give a fuck gringo

this

>luck
nah, there's more parity. it's not luck that Columbus SWEPT the leagues winningest team, it's not luck that the Flames lost 1-4. They were simply solved and outcoached.

it's a series of seven brah, git gud. luck applies to single games for sure but it's improbable that a coin will land heads up 4 times in a row.

based mind changing user

>parity
Lol get that communist way of thinking outta here

that's because the western conference is icky stinky fart noises

>yang gang leftover from the discord
>thinking anything he says is relevant

reminder that that image was created by a soitard Vox writer lmao

everything you said is actually a positive

There are no favelas in my country or north of my country. Weird

No shit? That is wild considering how good Russian players are.

>there are no favelas in my country or north of my country
What makes you think that inner cities and aboriginal reserves are any better?

>that image
We've known for certain at least half of the finals every year since before ben wallace

if you feel that way, maybe you should move to a country with borders.

Finns are Mongolian, not European.

Thanks Keira Knightley.

He's exaggerating soccer is number 1 but hockey is pretty big in Russia and scandanavia

It's not even luck in the regular season you play so many games and so many teams that there is very little focus on preparing for a certain opponent until the playoffs teams like Tampa Bay loaded up on soft skill players who got exposed once they got punched in the mouth they rolled over and gave up after the first game if the jackets played Tampa in the regular season they wouldn't have been able to give the same effort because there's 80 games to go not just 4 and it's not about being unskilled and just smashing people players like marchand mackinon and Crosby are skilled but not huge pussies so they do well in the playoffs usually