This is the top half of the EFL Championship, England's second division

This is the top half of the EFL Championship, England's second division.
The top two teams are promoted to the Premier League automatically, while third to sixth have a play-off for the final spot.
Recently, Norwich have been unstoppable, while Sheffield United just beat Leeds away from home to leapfrog them into second.
How is it going to end?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 13.08.01.jpg (1356x934, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SundayLeagueFC/status/1107725665598668800
youtube.com/watch?v=sQpS2kf0ZwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want Bielsa in the premier league
Could not care less about the rest
Also, fuck Lampard

Norwich and Sheff Utd will keep the automatic spots. Middlesbrough will shithouse Leeds in the playoff finals

you just can't have a top flight of english football without leeds

Too impossible to tell
Bristol City are in a nosedive and play 7 of the teams shown
Preston likewise have still got to play 3 of the top 4
Sheff Wednesday are the form team and impressive under Bruce
Can't see any fixtures really where Sheff United are going to drop points
Villa's last two matches are Leeds and Norwich, could get 6 points could crash out all together
Derby don't play their game in hand until the last week so will be playing catch up almost the whole time

against all odds, the premier league has found a way for the last 16 years

Don't know whats its like for the other teams near the top but Norwich only have to play 3 of the top 12 teams the rest of this season. Really should be finishing 1st or 2nd.

>Norwich
Best attack, joint 8th best defence
>Sheffield United
4th best attack, 2nd best defence
>Leeds
5th best attack, 4th best defence

What does it all mean?

Pukki obviously wins it

It's Norwich's title to lose at the moment. Sheff Utd/Leeds for second is a flip of a coin, but I think Sheff Utd have a marginally easier run in and have just totalled 13 from 15 points in their last 5 games, with three of those being West Brom, Wednesday and Leeds away. No doubt that's the hardest patch they will have faced all season.

Leeds have Preston away, Sheffield Wednesday and Villa at home
Sheffield United have Bristol City and Forest at home (where they haven't conceded a goal since boxing day) and Preston and Hull away

I fucking want Leeds back in premier league

Last of the season could be a cracker. Villa play Norwich, Derby play West Brom and Hull play Bristol City. Every goal could change things

current evidence suggests otherwise

Seeing Leeds back in the Premier League after so many years where they struggled in League Two would be fantastic.

>Literally only foreigners caring about Leeds
Are any of you actually old enough to remember them in the prem last time?

I just want to see us make it to the prem once, just one season is all I ask. The inevitable insta-relegation doesnt even bother me

is it possible lads, will we ever make it?

Attached: bcfc.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Im not even joking when i say that the Championship is better than La Liga

SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD SHEFF. UTD

The first memory I have about them is playing Champions League semifinals in 2001, [spoiler]but please explain what's so bad about Leeds.[/spoiler]

They thought they were too big to fail. Then failed in such a spectacular way that 'doing a leeds' is now part of football culture

Based

Attached: 1496094851762.png (500x498, 221K)

soon

Attached: top mister.jpg (768x512, 50K)

Did a predictor. Leeds really do have a couple of potential banana skins in the run-in.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 14.13.58.png (1196x1100, 280K)

>Leeds and Sheff Utd get automatic promotion
>Sheff Wed sneak into the playoffs and Steve Bruce's experience gets them up

Would be the best outcome. The Prem has been lacking Yorkshire clubs for too long (Hull don't count) and these 3 are the biggest ones who will bring in 30-40k fans every game.

>pukki goes from choking the danish championship to getting promoted to the PL
fuck off

I really, really want Leeds to fall into the playoffs and lose. Fucking hate their arrogance after being worse than shite for years.

Link to predictor?

The bottom half of the Premier league and top half of the Championship are roughly the same quality wise, convince me otherwise

for me it's pukki

Attached: pukki5.jpg (1200x1200, 208K)

This is completely true. You cannot debate this

Top result of you put championship predictor into Google. Phoneposting now so can't share.

Own predictions

Attached: ss+(2019-03-19+at+03.15.45).png (656x324, 30K)

I think Boro will get promoted through the playoffs, nobody fuckingn wants it, including me, but they have they have the experience and know how of what it takes to get promoted. Compared to the rest who haven’t had to fight a promotion battle in a decade or more.

Norwich
Sheff Utd
Boro

I just want fucking Reading to get relegated

Think Boro might not be in the playoffs by the end of the season desu, they're gradually dropping points and I think some of their next games will see them drop out with a hard task getting back in

Feel like shit just want PNE in the prem

Attached: 51121385_399024910865869_4177491659757453312_n.jpg (960x656, 54K)

Atmosphere seems toxic as well, Pulis's playstyle has the fans on edge every time a pass is misplaced or a goal is conceded.

Fuck off prick

Norwich will run out of steam, letting Sheff Utd win the league. They'll scrape 2nd only because Leeds choke harder.

Derby will snatch 6th and knock Leeds out of the playoffs, but be defeated by Aston Villa in the final, who beat West Brom in the other semi

Yes.

>Sheff United have conceded 6 shots on target in the last 4 matches
>all of them saved
>4 of them in a match they played the majority of with 10 men
How can they possibly be stopped?

I'm looking to some actual competition next season

Attached: Promotion.png (861x350, 238K)

Automatic relegation next year.

This. Would like it to happen to PSG tho, that'd be hilarious

>I want Bielsa in the premier league
He will be
Next season he'll join Norwich

cope harder fatlad

>he thinks blunderland are getting promoted

For me, it’s Preston Norf End.

Sheffield United extremely clutch at the moment. Very difficult to break down and grinding out results in the big games. Scoring for fun at home against shitters.

Norwich remind me a bit of Liverpool 13/14. They can get rattled at the back and their game depends on outscoring opponents rather than outplaying them through game management. Think they'll go up still, but not nailed on that they are champs

Lifelong Leeds fan here.

>You now remember blackburn rovers
F

I like the Blades you cunt but you also gotta score some fakkin goals if you wanna stay up

Scored more than all but 3 teams, Leeds included.

Also name me a player with more goals per minute than Billy Sharp
>pro-tip: there isn't one

cringe. they've only won it three times for fucks sake...same as huddersfield

based and yorkshirepilled

Attached: 1537299538652.jpg (1778x1184, 632K)

*wins the play-offs*

Attached: 1535817759840.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>Derby
OH NO NO NO

*solves the secret to getting exposed*

pretty much, just because you overpay for overrated foreigners thinking they are better than homegrown english players doesn't mean they're better. averages mean some go up some go down, but look at bournemouth and burnley. stoke in their day. even wigan

>even wigan
Wigan were a good team for precisely two seasons in the PL.

Fuck the blades. Dirty cunts

t. twitter.com/SundayLeagueFC/status/1107725665598668800

Threads like these are a goldmine in current Euro Yea Forums because it's not going on about THAT Argentinian v THAT Portuguese.

Fucking children, I swear to God.

>ON THE RIVER WHERE THEY USED TO BUILD THE BOATS

what happened to nottingham forest

Anyone but Boro. I would be happy with literally any other 3 teams.

You need to go fancy having a cheeky shag, m8.

you missed a game, lad

>what happened to nottingham forest

This season? Or are you referring to their general decline over the past 25 years?

their general decline

How do the payrolls of these teams compare to the payrolls of the teams already in the premiere league?

As what? Farke's errand boy?

>couldn't keep up with the big clubs/cities as the huge TV revenues of the Premier League era started to dominate proceedings
>couldn't persuade quality players to join a club in a boring provincial small city like Nottingham
>a succession of idiot/past-it managers in the late 90s/early 00s (Stuart Pearce, Dave Bassett, Ron Atkinson, David Platt, Joe Kinnear)

There's a book called 'Soccernomics' which sums up their predicament pretty well...

>general decline
It's more like admiral decline, OBE at this juncture.

Attached: First_Sea_Lord_Admiral_Sir_George_Zambellas_KCB_DSC_ADC_MOD_Royal_Navy.jpg (365x517, 40K)

returned back to the provincial club they were before Brian Clough

>But the storm clouds were massing on the horizon for Europe’s smaller clubs. Money was beginning to talk, and ironically, according to Kuper and Szymanski, Clough and Forest may have helped to usher in the financial revolution. “The beginning of the end for small towns was the day in February 1979 when Trevor Francis became football’s first “million-pound man” (moving from Birmingham to Nottingham) … the swelling of the football economy that he embodied would eventually do for small clubs like Forest.”

>The book goes on to explain why. “In the 1980s TV contracts grew … after the Bosman Ruling in 1995, big clubs could easily sign the best players from any country in the European Union. Around the same time, the clubs with the most fans began earning much more from their television rights. Big clubs everywhere got bigger.” Small market teams like Forest, whose success was built on fast-disappearing soccer traditions and the astute recruitment of a few remarkably talented individuals, would soon be on the outside looking in. The current success of a team like Southampton brings with it a sense of creeping dread – the south coast team may have survived one cull by the Premier League big boys, but can they possibly survive another? The financial balance of power is surely too uneven, the stockpiling of talent at the biggest clubs too overwhelming.

>For Forest today, meanwhile, even those post-Clough seasons when the team held its own in the Premier League must seem like halcyon days. The collapse in 2002 of ITV Digital, the division’s TV rights holder, brought financial chaos for many clubs, and Forest were no exception. Three years later, Forest was relegated to the third tier of English soccer for the first time in 54 years, in the process becoming the first European Cup winner to drop into its domestic third division.

>The club has now become a seemingly permanent fixture in the Championship, English soccer’s second tier. A succession of managers brought instability and confusion rather than progress, while the purchase of the club by the wealthy Al-Hawasi family provided only further chaos, with even more frantic hiring and firing of managers in an attempt to win the race back to the Premier League goldmine. “If Brian Clough had started now under the current regime, he would have struggled to keep his job,” wrote BBC journalist Pat Murphy last February, after manager Alex McLeish departed after five weeks in the job. “Forest have a great structure, a terrific set of fans, terrific history, a grand ground… but at the moment Nottingham Forest are a shambles.”

I don't support Forrest (I'm a Newcastle fan), but it's a shame to see a club that basically dominated the headlines during my dad's teenage years/twenties fall into mediocrity and obscurity.

the good news for them is you don't have to be a big club anymore to survive with tv money (see Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Palace etc etc)

literally this. They were great for 5 years tops then went back to a second tier club

Why would you turn on them like this, Poom?

>you now remember mart poom scoring against derby county
youtube.com/watch?v=sQpS2kf0ZwU

Nonce

Attached: 1366135389600.png (840x2903, 650K)

>in the championship
>constanza.jpeg

Can’t believe Leeds found a way to bottle it

Updated table for when Bolton stop existing tomorrow

Attached: Image.jpg (367x485, 52K)

we're in nose dive
unless johnson goes more offence we'll be lucky to finish top half

>Leeds not getting promoted
And everything is as expected.

by that logic every team that gets promoted will immediately get relegated because even their best players are inferior to premier league players
pull your head out your arsehole cleetus

>park the bus and hope for one gaff your shit tier striker inevitable misses

>t. watched one blades match in 3 seasons

Norf clubs up, Souf clubs down. This applies to all leagues.

For me, it's both Derby and Aston Villa.
No idea why though, they seem okay. What are they like?

Actually four this year lmao.

Terminal bottlers

East clubs up, East clubs down applies to this league m8

so you're just plain talking shit then?

If truth is shit then yeah

Blades wont do well right now in the prem.

so who would stay up out of the championship?

based
(you're in for a lot of pain though)

Attached: 1505323729568.png (953x1245, 131K)

For me, it's Sexy Nige and Jarrod Bowen

Attached: DwoAQdZXgAAd7dH.jpg (1200x800, 134K)

>promoted Championship clubs
2018/19 - Leeds Utd, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd
2019/20 - Middlesbrough, Hull City, Huddersfield
2020/21 - Sunderland, Rotherham, Barnsley
2021/22 - Doncaster, Bradford City, Gateshead
2022/23 - Hartlepool Utd, Spennymoor Town, Blyth Spartans
2023/24 - Darlington, South Shields, Morpeth Town
>all Souf clubs successfully removed from Premier League

based, redpilled

Just how good of a manager is he?

Attached: file.png (680x382, 394K)

If Norwich can keep there side together and add another player of quality or two. As long as they stay positive they stay up.

So one side out of the whole division?

>forgetting York City and Carlisle United
Only part-based and purple pilled.

As of right now yeah.

Leeds United
>2018/19 Championship winner
>2019/20 Premier League winner
>2020/21 Champions League winner

Really dont want Norwich to get promoted, fucking nothing team with no endeering qualities.

My gf is a Luton supporter,
Going to most of the home and away games and she s buzzing.
Just been promoted from league 2 and leading league 1!!!!
Unbeaten since October now..

he'd be in charge of real madrid if his name was cristi wilderesti

Swindon faggot detected

For me it's
>2018/19 Championship Playoff Winners
>2019/20 Worst Ever Premier League Season

Na not Swindon, i just think Reading is a plastic tinpot club, never met a Reading fan who didnt also support Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool.

Yes.

>Wanting Raperham to stay another season in a league where they don't belong

Y-yeah Adil, go enact your fantasies elsewhere.

Jesus Christ i hate Americans

No one will ever beat derby county's 07/08 season. 11 points and -69 goal difference lmfao!!

Norwich are cute

>"Places like this [Bramall Lane] are the soul of English football. The crowd is magnificent, saying 'f*** off Mourinho' and so on." - Mourinho revels in the abuse he received from Blades fans at Bramall Lane.

I'm just a Burger but I do have a soft spot for the Norf teams like Sheffield Wednesday (their fanbase just seems very loyal and dignified despite being long suffering), Leeds, etc. The PL just feels more kino with more Norf teams there

>Bolton go bust
>Derby jump 3 places

About to get his 3rd promotion in 4 years

At least Derby just had a one off season of abject dreadfulness. Sunderland first set the worst record then went and beat it

>derby 8th
wah happen?! I thought fat frank solved football

Attached: laughing whores hair.png (358x406, 361K)

Didn’t play Saturday. Win that extra game and go 5th

We're now entering Lampard's avant-garde period of football solving

Cursed to forever wander the barren wastes of the lower championship